New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    "You get to choose. However, unless you are a league trainer or have defeated Master Koga's challenge, there is a small fee of 25 poke due to maintenance costs for training your pokemon."
    "Alright then." Tesla sends out Agni and Foo. "Alright you two, we are going to do some training here.That way you guys will be closer to the others in combat experience. Sound good?" Both seemed okay with the idea. Turning back to the gym representative, "So what sort of training courses do you have available today?"
    Last edited by Prospector; 2012-01-24 at 11:16 AM.
    Awesome Avatar by Darth Raynn.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Avatar by Szilard. Other Awesome Avatars by Darth Raynn.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara quietly walks up behind Tesla with a mischevious grin on her face. As she gets up close she quickly yells, "NINJA ATTACK LOOK OUT!" And pokes him in the back.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

"I believe that that coffin is staring at us. Are Cofagrigus an aggressive species?"
    "I think all the ghosts and dark types here are worrying some of my team. Relax Bullet, they're eating right now."
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Only if you disturb what they're guarding. But I understand. The main reason there are so many out right now is because this is their most inactive point of the day, normally."
    As you watch, a heatmor manages to catch a durant, and begins dragging it away from the colony.
    "Kind of surprised you guys didn't say anything about the baltoy and claydol, honestly. Anyway, the further we go into the grasslands here, the fewer dark types will show up."
    As he leads the way, his words seem to be true. As the land gets greener, and you hear water in the distance, you notice more plant types. Oddishes wandering around with glooms nearby, and vileplume watching over them, rattatta and raticates in the trees playing with zigzagoon and linoones, several young pichus climbing up the snoring form of a snorlax to reach some branches. Several eye you carefully, but most ignore you, apparently used to the interruptions.
    (Feel free to list sightings of your own, by the way.)

"Well, as I said, there's the endurance test via poisons and the fortress infiltration for speed. Then there's target practice for special attacks, the launcher, simulated ninja attack..."
    Then Kara comes by. Attentive people notice that on the words ninja attack, her hand subconsciously goes for a letter opener before relaxing.
    "Hello miss! Oh, what lively pokemon you have! Are you two friends? It's always nice to see friends training together."

5. - Top - End - #545
    Orc in the Playground

Tesla nearly jumps out of his skin as Kara surprises him. He nearly does it again when he noticed the receptionist go for the letter opener. "Yes, we are." He said it as if he had mixed feelings, which was understandable with what just happened. "Kara, there is time and place for such antics and a Gym run by Ninjas is not one of them." Turning back to the receptionist, "I'm definitely interested in the target practice for Foo and Agni. So that should be 50 altogether, right?"

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Sorry. They do occasionally happen here. It's actually 25 per trainer."

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Psh, a gym run by ninjas is the perfect place to make you think ninjas are attacking." Kara says with a big grin satisfied with the outcome of her prank. She looks over at the lady and waves before looking back up to Tesla, "Whatcha doin?"

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"I was just telling your friend about our pokemon training regimen. Perfect for getting new pokemon to the point where you can safely rely on them in combat if ambushed in the wild."

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

"Psychics were more my parents' thing. That and ghosts. Of course when Era here ended up in my hands I just had to take care of her." Zachariah sets Era on the ground, and she proceeds to run to a group of Pichu and Pikachu to ask to play with them. Nox flaps his wings, looking as though he is asking for permission to stretch his wings and fly around a bit. "You can fly, but stay in sight."

"Bullet, set Garis down. Garis, go play with Era and the Pichu. It'll wake you up."

Show

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The pichu and pikachu check out the new arrivals before scurrying away.
    "They're all wild, so you have to show you can be trusted, mostly."
    A joltik drops down, with a large walnut, and roll it to Era and Garis.
    "Jolt!"
    "As I said, mostly."

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

Era backs up from the Joltik at first, startled by the bug. Garis pulls her back towards it, however, and tries to help them get along. Zachariah just sits, laughing at the interaction. Era eventually works up the courage to touch the bug, and her hair stands on end. Garis, Ambrule and Bullet all laugh, while Pyroclast just sits, bored.

Show

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Surprise crosses Kara's face, she hadn't thought about using gyms to strengthen them in case of hostile attacks. She frowned as she thought about it. Her pokemon had wanted to practice and get stronger and in addition to that it was a good point about helping against attacks in the wild.

"Hmmm...so...if I wanted to help Tina here," She said pointing to dratini, "As well as my younger friends, Chuchu and Alba," She said pointing to the pikachu and eevee, "This place would help? And the younger babies wouldn't be in danger?"

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Meanwhile, above him, a few other bugs mimic him as best they can, with a caterpie coming close. The joltik picks up the walnut and tries to hand it to the two humanshape pokemon, even as you notice a galvantula watches what you assume to be its child play with the strangers from above their position. Apparently, they don't trust you as much as you thought at this point.
    Meanwhile, Nox seems to be stuck in between a couple branches that he's trying to eat his way out of, with a miniature scyther landing on part of it and laughing hard.

"Well, Tina seems to be fairly strong already, so there isn't much more we can do to help her. However, Chuchu and Alba seem to both be prime examples of who we help the most. Keep in mind that we are a poison gym, however, so while your pokemon aren't at risk of any physical damage, we may administer nonharmful but paralytic croagunk venom to you and your pokemon during specific tests, such as the endurance test."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-24 at 11:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Oh..." Kara said a bit sad that she wouldn't be able to work with Tina much. "Umm...ok, so what would I have to do if I wanted to help Chuchu and Alba?"

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

"Nox, what are we going to do with you... Bullet, help Nox out of that tree. I need to keep an eye on the bugs and kids. One of their parents is giving them a weird look." He tries to reach out to the mind of the Galvantula and calm it down.

Diplomacy roll (Assuming Charisma modifier): (1d20-2)[9]
    Are we intruding? We didn't mean to. Your child came up to them when they tried to play with some Pichu. They seem to be happy, but we'll leave if you wish.

Show

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The galvantula looks over, and shakes its head as it settles back into the branches it is on. Simply being careful, maybe? Wild pokemon can be like that, after all. Meanwhile, Era and Garis begin playing tag with the joltik.
    Bullet tries to help Nox out of his predicament, but the dragon's belly is just too big for conventional means.

"Just pay 25 poke or find and beat Master Koga to have a lifelong pass, let me know what test or tests you want to put your pokemon through, and I'll show you to where you need to go. Your friend is currently doing the target practice, for example. You can still have Tina work out here, but she won't receive the same benefit as Chuchu or Alba, and will have a harder time growing stronger."
    She gives you the list she gave Tesla on this. Fortress raid, target practice, poison endurance, the launcher, and simulated ninja attack.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh Arceus Judge it. Era, keep an eye on them." Zachariah walks over to the tree to try and see if he can help Nox out of the tree.

Show

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Yay! You hear that, Garis? I'm eldest, so I get to be in charge!
    Era smiles widely at Garis, as you realize your mistake. You are likely not hearing the end of this any time soon. Meanwhile, Nox has decided that since he can't move, he may as well assign blame between his two heads, as he is already in heated squabbling amongst himself.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

As he walks away, Zachariah has a thought. Oh crap, I meant to say Ambrule, not Era. Oh well, she's mature enough to handle things. Zachariah begins snapping branches that can't take more than fifty-five pounds of force. "Nox, try getting out now."

Show

20. - Top - End - #560
    Orc in the Playground

Tesla has the money out now and waits politely for the receptionists to finish explaining things before he gives her the money for the training.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Wait...so if I find some old guy I can get a free pass for life?" Kara said thinking, "But if it is that easy then why would anyone pay?" She asked a strange young innocence in her voice showing she didn't understand just how tricky it would be. "Would Ko...Koug...Kougoy be able to help Tina?"

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Have you ever tried to find a ninja master in their own lair before? Also, I was saying that there's only so far gym training methods can bring a pokemon before you have to train them normally. Researchers have judged that with current gym training programs, a gym can help trainers raise their pokemon to roughly 1/3 their full potential, at most. To use the level system that Professor Oak proposed last year, we can bring a pokemon to a rating of thirty out of 100, with a newborn being rated level one. Judging from Tina's appearance, she has a rating of...26, I would say. Meanwhile, your ChuChu and Alba-I assume these are the pichu and eevee, by the way-are both rated at 6-still fairly young and inexperienced."
    She takes Tesla's money before continuing.

We shall find...a hat!
    She points to the sky, dramatically, and the joltik imitates the gesture. After a couple minutes, she lowers her hand and looks back to the two pokemon her Daddy left in her charge.
    What's a hat?
    She's three days old, she has an excuse. Meanwhile, Nox stops arguing with himself to try and wiggle out. As you and Bullet pull on the branches, he finally manages to get his bulk out.
    "ZWEIG!" (ZWEIG!)
    He licks your face with one head, the other chewing on a branch in vengeance.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-25 at 04:32 PM.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara looks over each pokemon as she hears them talk about some kinda level and potential system. She had read something like that at the Viridian Library. "So...you COULD make Tina a little stronger and Chuchu and Alba a lot stronger?" She says thinking. "That could work. I just don't want Tina to feel left out cause she wanted a little bit of working out also." Kara said with a nod. "How do I start this Kougoy hunt?" She asked looking around, "I like hide and seek."

Spoiler
    Show

Only a little girl could view hunting for a ninja as a big fun game of hide and seek and super easy

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"So you want to take the gym challenge first, miss? Very well, then."
    She leads you both one way, before pulling a throwing knife out of a sleeve and hitting a hidden switch in a statue, dropping Kara and Tesla into a ten foot pit with a cushion at the bottom. Tony looks down with the lady, concern on his face until he sees you both okay, casual enjoyment on hers.
    "So...ninja dojos and traps. Should've expected that."
    "Sir, you head left, Miss, you go right! The muks will check at both doors to make sure!"
    Then the trap door closes, leaving you in a dimly lit room.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-25 at 04:24 PM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"THAT WAS FUN!" Kara says loudly with a big grin after landing on the cushion from the fall. "You think when I beat Kouguay I can go it again?" She ask excitedly before quickly checking that all her pokemon had been able to follow her down.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Orc in the Playground

Tesla stood up and dusted himself off. "Well at least they 'cushioned' our fall. You two alright?" he asked his Pokemon.

"Char. (Yeah)" The small bipedal lizard mimicked Tesla and dusted himself off as well.

Foo just floated down, completely unfazed by the trap door.

"Alright, let's go. See you later Kara." Tesla and his crew made their way to the left.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #567
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You walk forward, into a long hall. A muk stops you in front of a door.
    "Muuuuuk." (I am the gatekeeper of the training room.)
    It sniffs at your hand, and gestures for you to follow, before bringing you into a long hallway. It points to a sign.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Orc in the Playground

Tesla nods and follows the Muk, trying not be rude by gagging on its scent. He then he carefully read the sign.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #569
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Blast a path through the oncoming projectiles to get back out, or fail the task."
    Huh, that's odd. Blast through the-
    *CLANG*
    Bars slam down behind you, and the Muk oozes through and waves to you as several chutes open.
    (Okay, roll desired level*d100 +special attack for Agni and Foo. Every success after their current level will add one level as I describe it getting more difficult)

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

"They're definitely friendly - ow!" He jerked his hand away - he'd completely forgotten about the sharp nidoran quills even though they were right in his face. "Haha, I feel more than a little silly for doing that. Guess it's a habit."

He nudged Tundra forward, as the snover was still edging away from the nidoran. "Come on, Tundra, you won't make friends if you don't try."

The snover was still a bit hesitant, but at Douglas' patting caused him to 'not back away when the nidoran moved towards him', which was at least a step in the right direction. Truse smiled, but mostly stood nearby, just watching the group of nidoran as they moved.

The big wild card, thus, was Vicuņa - the numel had stepped back when the nidorino and nidorina had defensively stepped forward, but now he was nudging closer towards one again. "Nom!" (C'mon!) He growled again with the strange 'mmmmm' ground the numel used... as Douglas placed a hand, softly, on his head.

"Vicuņa, pal, you can't force a fight." He said, a bit of a smirk on his face. "If nothing else, all you're doing is aggravating the entire pack. Now, if you'd like a friendly spar, I believe nidoran do that occasionally and wouldn't mind some conflict - but you're going about it the wrong way."

Vicuņa did the numel equivalent of raising an eyebrow at Douglas, who stood up. "Right?" He added, glancing away from the perplexed numel, who after a couple moments tried more hesitantly approaching one of the nidorino.

Douglas did notice Gel had taken the opportunity to turn into a nidoran, attempting his best to mimic the nidoran in front of him. "Ditto!" He exclaimed, happily.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics