New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

The nidoqueen isn't paying attention to that. She is frantically gesturing to see your hand, and looks panicked. Come to think about it, what type are nidorans again?
    The nidorino looks to Vic, before glancing around.
    "Nido." (Not here. Too easy to destroy things by accident.)
    Several of the nidoran sniff at Gel curiously. Not every day you see a ditto, after all.
    The nidoran seem okay with Tundra, and mill around carefully.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Orc in the Playground

Agni: (7d100+8)[312](7d100+8)

Foo: (8d100+12)[393](8d100+12)
    Awesome Avatar by Darth Raynn.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Avatar by Szilard. Other Awesome Avatars by Darth Raynn.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

"Well it's good to see you warming up to me at least. So what have we learned here?" He laughs and nudges the dragon back to the group. "You guys having fun over here? I seem to recall having an odd thought flit through my mind about a hat." He smirks at Era, who blushes. It seemed like it would be fun. I found the word in your head and thought others might know. He just pats her head, chuckling. "D'accord, do you guys want to keep going or stay here?" The team looks at each other, then at the Joltik and Galvantula, as though asking permission to stay.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(With the current thinking, Agni and Foo pass. Though you would have passed either way.)
    The first time, two of the vents launch foam balls, which Agni and Foo blast out of the sky easily. This repeats a few times, until you look back and realize the Muk's motioning you forward. (level 1 would pass here)
    Following your pokemon forward, more chutes open, this time on the sides. Predictable, and your pokemon make short work of them again. You move forward again. (level 2 passes here)
    At another interval, the speed increases as once again, more chutes open. Things seem to be getting random, but the two truck through, saving you from getting shot a few times, actually. (level 3 passes)
    Then new ammo pops up. Tiny darts begin getting fired from the now numerous holes, alongside the foam balls. It's tough for your young friends, but they manage to get you through. (level 4 pass)
    Even when they begin shooting smoke bombs at you, clouding everyone's sight, they succeed. (level 5 pass)
    The floor activates into a treadmill, but your pokemon are doing fine, moving forward still. (level 6 pass)
    New ammo begins appearing again, now including things that look potentially dangerous. Shuriken begin launching, and one or two actually slip past them and near you as they struggle to cope, nearly scratching you but just missing. Agni fires behind you, catching them both. (Both of your pokemon hit level seven!)
    However, this leaves him open for a foam ball to smack him in the back of his head. He falls over and gets sent back to the start, but Foo manages to keep going, covering the two of you for the duration of this section. (Level 7 passed!)
    You and Foo are stuck in place, as little hurdles begin popping up and trying to trip the two of you. However, since he hovers, he does just fine. (Level 8 passed!)
    Until the net from the ceiling catches the two of you, sending you both back to the start where Agni is waiting. The muk raises an oozelike eyebrow, as if asking if you wanted to be done or not.

The galvantula looks to you, and down at its child, and nods. You may stay if you wish.
    Yay!
    A few mankey swing through as you watch.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-25 at 10:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

"Mag...gma mag mar mar? (Ugh...are we going to do anything today?)"
    "We're bonding as a team. You should join in."
    "Gma, ma gma. Ma ma. (No, I won't. It's childish.)"
    Zachariah just sits at the base of a small hill, watching his team play, spotting several othe Pokémon run by. Finally, he speaks up to the guide: "Hey, could you show us to the Ralts families and the Machop families, whichever order would be faster?"

Show

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hmm?"

Douglas followed her gaze to his hand, and smiled. "Oh - it was just a very small nick. Normally it takes more than just that to pois...on?"

And he blinked. Sure enough, there was the beginnings of some no kidding poison. "Well. I stand corrected! Haha, I guess I underestimated your poison, then." As he finished that sentence, out came his medic's kit - he cleaned the wound fairly swiftly. "I definitely have to be more careful." He continued, as he applied an antidote once it was properly cleaned, then wrapped his hand in a bandage. "There - I'm pretty sure I got at that fast enough."

Vicuña growled slightly, but being actively told 'I don't want to battle right now' was sufficient to defuse his battlelust a bit. He still growled when the nidorino or nidorina got nearby, but it was now considerably more subdued.

Douglas glanced at his numel, a little worried - he hadn't expected his telling him to go more slowly to completely defuse things. I mean, that was in large part who Vicuña was. Still, he looked up. "Okay!"

Out came a safari ball, into one hand. "I actually wouldn't be too upset with staying for some time, but I get the feeling that too much longer and I'll have overstayed my welcome. But Truse and Gel like you guys, and Tundra seems to be warming up to you too."

He paused for a moment at the unintentional pun of Tundra 'warming up'.

"Not to mention, I'm sure Vicuña wouldn't mind someone a little more aggressive about as well." He added, glancing at the nidorinos and nidorinas who'd stood against Vicuña. "So! Anyone care to join my family?"

It wasn't until after he finished that he realized that it's likely none of the nidorans understood a word he said. Oh well, he had a ball out and was holding it forward, so intent was likely to be clear.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara watched Tesla go one way and shrugged and skipped the other way excited to go hunting for some old ninja.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Kantolin, give me two separate capture rolls with challenge rating 30 and mention which gender is preferred. If both succeed, two nidoran approach you with interest in joining you. If one succeeds, you get your preference. If neither succeed, you can find more scattered around through the day. Feeding or befriending any will boost chances considerably, and if you get under 15, you can catch nidorino and/or nidorina)

Kara skips down the hall, until she steps in foul smelling purple goo.
    Goo that then opens an eye and yawns, before rising up.
    "Muk!"(looking for the master?)

"We'll have to hit the mountains or find a cave entrance for machops. Raltses should be around here somewhere..."
    (Perception checks to spot anyone in the Ralts line nearby)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-26 at 12:44 PM.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Capture Rolls:
    (1d100)[99]
    (1d100)[21]

I think I'll try for one of each, with male as preference.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The male nidoran you pricked your hand on comes over to you, looking at the ball. It nods, and taps the front with an ear.
    Wobble one...wobble two...click! Ding! Congratulations, you just caught a level 12 nidoran (male)! Would you like to give him a nickname?
    (Roll 3d100 to see if you get a special one and what changes there are on second thought, I'll do that part.)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-26 at 06:07 PM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

(Perception is just wisdom for me, by what about my Pokémon? Just a regular d20? I'll roll assuming that, and just ignore them if that was incorrect)

Zachariah looks around for the snow white body or red horns of something belonging to the Ralts line. It would be easier to spot that than their hair, even if that was what stuck out to most people. "Hey guys, keep an eye out. We should see some distant cousins of Era here."

(1d20)[15] Zachariah's spot
    (1d20)[2] Ambrule's spot
    (1d20)[19] Bullet's spot
    (1d20)[5] Era's spot
    (1d20)[8] Nox's spot (Not that he has to say anything)
    (1d20)[16] Pyroclast's spot (Current dispositions means he might not want to say)
    (1d20)[11] Garis's spot

Show

12. - Top - End - #582
    Orc in the Playground

"Shall we keep going then?" Tesla asks his Pokemon.

"Char! (Yes!)" Agni said with grim determination.

Foo bobbed in the air as if nodding.

"Alright then let's keep it up." And they pressed forward.

Agni:(17d100+136)[1036] (Shooting for 25)

Foo:(17d100+204)[1302] (Shooting for 23)

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Yep! I was told all I gotta do is find him and I can train for life! Kara said with a grin, What's your name?

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(If you're aiming for 25 and 23, I need 8 and 6 more dice respectively. You made it past 17, but Agni needs to beat 1250 and Foo needs to beat 1150, which he has beaten by enough to hit level 26 so far. Only 198 more and he hits 30, beating the course soundly, and I consider making this cost more.)

My name is Ulkair, and you may want to wash that off before your shoe melts. You'll also have to best the Master in combat.
    He leads you to a new room, that looks empty.
    This is where we part ways. Good luck.
    The muk slides down a hidden grate. You're going to want to go roll happy for a bit.

Bullet spots the signs first. A gardevoir glides through the trees a few hundred yards from you, nearly hidden by the plant life.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Orc in the Playground

Agni:(8d100+64)[343]

Foo:(8d100+96)[496]

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

"There, roughly two hundred fifty three meters out, twenty over seventeen pi radians from your current position and stance, Zachariah."
    "You could just say that there's one a ways to your left"
    "That's not fun though."
    "Hey guys, Bullet spotted a Gardevoir, whenever you feel like going to see one." Era pops her head out of some grass, only to get tackled by the Joltik. Seems she lost the game of tag.
    Where? Let's go! She pulls Garis along, lifting him slightly to make pulling him easier, waving to the Joltik. Bye Buzzy!

Show

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Agni: 1587
    Foo: 1798)
    Tesla, your pokemon and yourself charge through the lines and quickly reach where you had been, despite the challenges being the same. Then you slam right through Agni and Foo obliterating every target in their path, dodging every obstacle with ease. Knowing that it'll try to trip you up, you follow as the difficulty increases over a dozen times, their blasts just seeming to become stronger. Even as Agni glows and begins growing, he does not relent, quickly becoming used to his larger frame, now over 5' tall. Encouraged onwards, Foo actually reaches the end, bursting through robotic explosive golbats and arboks amongst so many other hellish things, which have finally slowed down Agni enough that he's slowed to a halt, with you right behind him.
    Then he gets his second wind, pushing through the worst the shooting gallery has to offer and pulling you through with him to the end. Foo's magnets seem to be moving oddly-you don't think you've seen him act like this before.
    Behind you, a door slides open, as the hallway traps deactivate. Agni, meanwhile, begins glowing again. Thankfully, it's a large room, and he is able to grow fully into over 8 feet of fiery draconic fury.
    Agni has hit level 30! Foo has hit level 30! Leave the hall and Foo will evolve.

Buzzy waves goodbye to his new friends, before climbing up the tree. The gardevoir hears you coming, and looks over as you charge through the undergrowth. Well, as Quill does, as he makes the most noise.
    Oh! Visitors. Hello, can I help you?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-26 at 11:14 PM.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

"Not much. Era here just wanted to see someone of her own species. Wow, Gardevoir are so much more beautiful alive...wow, that came out wrong. Even more so if you turn out to be a male instead of a female and I'm going to shut up now before I say something stupider than what I have already said." Zachariah blushes and just motions Era to the humanoid Pokémon.
    Wow, am I going to grow up to be like that? She stares at the older Pokémon as though it were a teacher talking about the most interesting subject imaginable. The rest of the team is less than interested, however. Ambrule tries to feign interest for her adopted little sister, but the rest of the team is a little...apathetic.

Show

19. - Top - End - #589
    Orc in the Playground

Seeing Agni Evolve twice(!) and Foo begining to show the signs, Tesla says in a very dry tone, "And I think we're done here. You two were impressive I must say." He turns to the Muk, "Thank you mister gatekeeper, can show us the way back to the lobby?"

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The gardevoir just raises an eyebrow at you, before deciding not to ask questions as you seem to have suitably buried your own foot in your mouth. She then regards Era.
    In time, little one. For now, though, I think the rest of your family wants to show some of their own kin off too. In fact, I do believe there is at least a magmortar in the mountains. Maybe a metagross too. I don't know if there's anyone like the litwick or zweilous near there, though.
    The gardevoir pats Era's head, with a small smile.
    Stick with your father, and you'll go far, child.

The muk slides through the door, and down the hall. This also has the side effect of cleaning the hallway, as it devours everything. Then the muk goes past you, into the newly open doorway, and gestures for you to follow.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-27 at 02:25 AM.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

(I'd say I played low charisma rather well there )
    Okay! Zachariah is a good trainer, so I like that idea!
    "Sorry about the comment. The only other Gardevoir I had seen was her mother post mortem, so...forget about it. I think Era was really glad to see someone more related to her than Ambrule. Pyroclast, would you cheer up a little if we took you to see a Magmortar? You're being a bit depressing."
    "Mag gma ma gma mar gmar agm. (Just questioning the reasoning of visiting a zoo instead of training.)"
    "You know, maybe you'd be happier in your ball then?" He lifts the ball as though it were a threat. Pyroclast just scoffs and presses the recall button on it himself. There is a flash of red light, and Pyroclast is gone.
    "Drama king." After clumsily saying goodbye, Zachariah and the team ask to be shown to the mountain habitat.

Show

22. - Top - End - #592
    Orc in the Playground

Tesla and his Pokemon follow the Muk. As they exit the hall, Foo glows even brighter and then culminates in him spiting and rejoining into three parts.

"...Magneton"

"It's evolution season here."

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    My name is Ulkair, and you may want to wash that off before your shoe melts. You'll also have to best the Master in combat.
    He leads you to a new room, that looks empty.
    This is where we part ways. Good luck.
    The muk slides down a hidden grate. You're going to want to go roll happy for a bit.
    Kara says goodbye to her new friend before having Star clean her shoe off as was suggested.

As she arrives in the empty room she starts looking for any hiding places as she hums to herself.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception?: (1d20-4)[15]

Have Alba sniff around and try and track down Koga
    (1d20)[13]

Have Stratos use mist and then guster to blow the mist around the room and see if it sticks to anything invisible.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The tour guide brings you through the forest, passing several more common species. The land slowly changes, becoming steadily steeper. As you go, you find yourself surrounded by more and more ground and rock types.

Kara, you spot two trap doors and a sensor plate. Alba picks no fewer than seven diverging trails that diverge from the entrance, five ending at walls, one just cutting off, and one going to the doorway. Stratos reveals an invisible wall in front of you, as well as a now dripping tripwire.

The receptionist and Tony meet Tesla at the top, the later holding his cubone up.
    "Looks like you did well."

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara, you spot two trap doors and a sensor plate. Alba picks no fewer than seven diverging trails that diverge from the entrance, five ending at walls, one just cutting off, and one going to the doorway. Stratos reveals an invisible wall in front of you, as well as a now dripping tripwire.[/COLOR]
    Kara looks over everything and then grins. "Chuchu, shock the trip wires! With all the mist all over them that should be hilarious to see what happens." Kara says with a mischievous grin. "The rest of you lets test the strength of that wall!" Kara says pointing out the wall.

Spoiler
    Show

Thundershock the dripping wires.
    Dragon Rage, Dragon breathx2, Water gun the invisible wall (Stratos, Tina, Zayne, Star)

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

"Excellent." Douglas nodded, and smiled. Standing, he opened the pokemon, sending out the nidoran again. "Welcome to the family! We'll be sure to come and visit, though, but you may want to say goodbye for right now."

He glanced up. "And thank you." He told the Nidoqueen, before he halted. Right! Essentially talking to himself! "Haha... well, time to go then."

He patted his numel on the head, softly. "Let's head straight to the gym then, Vicuña. Maybe there's a junior trainer who wants a good spar."

He returned the remaining safari balls with thanks to the secretary, and to the gym he went.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

27. - Top - End - #597
    Orc in the Playground

The receptionist and Tony meet Tesla at the top, the later holding his cubone up.
    "Looks like you did well."
    "Quite well indeed.I really must commend this gym for an excellent training program. As well as the efforts of Agni and Foo here."

"*Roar* (Thank you.)" Agni's roar was louder than he had thought and surprised even himself with its volume.

"Though the new forms might take some getting use to, for everyone. Miss," Tesla says turning to the receptionist, "how soon can is schedule more training for the other members of my team?"

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah trips over a Geodude as he walks on the path. "Merde! Ça est pourquoi je déteste les roches et montaignes! Foutre les Racaillou!" He realizes that most of his team doesn't even get what he just said, though he's kinda glad Era and Garis didn't. He takes a deep breath and keeps walking, watching the ground a bit more closely. Era floats into the air as soon as he trips, chuckling at his frustration, along with everyone else.

Spoiler
    Show
    (I'm treating Unova as though it were a foreign country, and being far away would likely have a different language. It works well to show when he gets upset, and if it's actually important I can always post a translation as with Pokémon-speak. If the DM wishes, I can just use English.)

Show

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(You sure you want to stop at one? I wanted to see how you'd react to Chansey, or kangaskhan.)
    Doug, your pokemon follow you to the gym, and you spot Tesla with a charizard and magneton behind him near a receptionist and Tony. The nidoran you haven't seemed to name yet is following you.
    (Where did you put your updated sheet, anyway? You're still level 10 with the one I can find.)

Kara, Chuchu shocks the line. There is a rather impressive electric show as lightning courses along several intersecting glass wire lines before they all snap. Several darts launch out of the walls of the room. Then the wall shatters. There is now jagged glass all over the floor. The muk oozes up from the grate at the sound of the breaking wall, and mumbles something.
    Why would you do that? I hate eating the walls.

(Only translate if you have something you actually want to say, as I have no clue how to speak French.)
    You know Era can read your mind and learn languages that way, right?
    You eventually pierce the tree cover, as your surroundings give way to loose soil, more boulders, and more rock types.
    "Now, I dunno what Pixie said to you, but these mountains...one of them isn't really a mountain. If the ground looks discolored, we're walking on a giant, ancient tyranitar. Invaluable for shaping this land, but dangerous as hell if woken up and cranky. Just a heads up."
    Thankfully, the soil doesn't have the light green color that tyranitars do. You think you can hear the sounds of conflict elsewhere on the mountain.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-27 at 10:54 PM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, and I was hoping she wasn't paying attention-"
    Qu'est-ce que c'est merde et foutre? Ils sone idées qui je ne connais pas. (What is 'merde' and 'foutre?' They are ideas I am not familiar with.)
    "Nothing, and don't ever repeat them, especially when we get home, or Mom and Dad will have my head."
    Aw, but I want to know!
    "Maybe later." As they get further, more and more rock types become visible, but nothing new. Geodude, Roggenrolla, the occasional Boldor and at one point a Woobat flitted by, unusual for this time of day. "Before we leave I'd like to see this Tyranitar?"

Show