New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

"I'll see what I can do, but it's a big range, and it blends in surprisingly well when curled up."
    Gardis is riding Nox currently, and notices a giant claw scratch what you guys thought was mountain a bit farther away, before the tyranitar curls back up again while you're distracted.
    Even more distracting than what Richard is saying, though, are the Rhyperior and magmortar tumbling downhill together, at each other's throats and currently aimed directly for you.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

MOVE!!! The command rings in everyone's mind, more of an impulse than a real thought. Zachariah grabs ahold of Era and phases, forgetting that Era can just lift herself away if she needs. Ambrule just floats away, as does Bullet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Activated Phasing: -10HP (122/132)

"I don't see what was so worrying to- right, can't float."
    "You could have lifted us. You're certainly strong enough."
    "Could have slowed me down. Not worth the risk."
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Poof! No traps." Kara says with a grin. "Now I can play hide and seek without bad things!"

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Except this is just the introductory room. You have an entire dojo to search.

"ZWEIIIIIIG!"
    Meanwhile, Nox runs back as fast as his little legs can carry him, Garis hanging onto his back as the two wrestling pokemon tumble closer. He just barely manages to take off before they reach him.
    "Holy-I saw them fall right through you! Are you okay?"

"It all depends on what you want to do. If you want to use the accuracy range, you'll have to wait while we restock the room. I could send you to one of the others, though.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah just laughs. "More okay than I would be if I didn't have then go right through me." He takes a pic of the battling Pokémon as they fall further down the mountan and are of some moderate distance away. "Should someone break it up or do they always do this?"

Show

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"The Brothers-one of their parents was the same ditto, you see-always find something to fight about. Get involved, and they just turn on you."

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

"Ugh, I know the feeling." Zachariah keeps following the trail, spotting what looks like a small Pupitar and some Larvitar in the distance, but it's too far for the Pokédex's camera to be able to say for certain. They don't seem to be getting along, so it might not be.

Show

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

"And... here it is. Right next to the centre."

Douglas glanced up at the imposing gym entrance for a moment, before glancing down at his numel. "And phew. Ready, buddy?"

"Nom!" The anticipation had removed most of the defusion from before, as Vicuńa was eager to step in.

"Dit?"

"Heh, I haven't forgotten about you, Gel." Out came a pokeball. "I know you'd rather not do any battling. Maybe they'll have some challenges or something you'll find more appealing afterwards, though."

"Dit!"

Douglas returned his ditto and delibird, and took a glance at his snover and the new nidoran. He kind of figured Tundra wanted to watch what was going on - hopefully said gut instinct was right. Thus, he turned to the new nidoran.

"Heh, you'll have to give me a short time to think of an appropriate name - in my opinion, a name takes some thought. Still, keep close to Tundra here - I'd like you two to see Vicuńa and Truse in action. In fact, on that note - there's also a young machop who'd like to watch."

A bit of swapping around resulted him in having Gel in a ball, and oddly enough for him his other five pokemon out and ready - Truse, Vicuńa, Tundra, his new machop, and his new nidoran male, as he stepped forward.

"Tesla! Afternoon, heh." He greeted, before noting the two pokemon. "Wow, and who're these?"

And a blink. "Wait, that glint in his eye. Is that Agni? Seriously?"

Vicuńa nodded to the fire pokemon.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Ohhhh...more to blow up. I can see how this is good training!" Kara said excitedly. "What do I blow up next?"

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Rules state I can't tell you. Most people tend to leave this stuff intact, though. Can I at least get you to leave the walls? Glass doesn't digest right. Makes me gassy, and tend to explode. I'm not allowed to stop you though.

As you make your way closer to the pupitar and larvitar, Zach, you notice that they are really far away. As you get to the other side of the mountain with the guide, you see that they're a few times larger than most of their kind. You finally get a reading, and it says they are primordial and giant (x2) versions.
    "We call the pupitar Mini and the larvitar Junior. It was fitting at the time. Still not sure where their dad found a mate though."

"Hi Doug. Gramps told me to give you and Truse this as thanks for his new student."
    Tony pulls out a heaband with a shard of a strange material woven in.
    "He said it was eviolite. He used to wear this back when he was younger."
    Meanwhile, Agni sticks out a claw towards a hoof. Does Vic want to accept the broclaw?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-29 at 12:15 PM.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't know and I don't think I want to know. How aggressive are they?" Era began to crawl back into Zachariah's arms, somewhat spooked by the large Lavatar family.
    "You should really stop babying her."
    "She's still young. How brave were you at three days old?"
    Ambrule just shrugged. "True. It's been a long three days. You might want to stop that after she actually starts battling. It's not good for us to be coddled so much after that point."
    Nox meanwhile rushes up to see the other pseudos, each head trying to talk to a different one.

Show

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

He reaches the two giants, and they regard him.
    "Lar?"
    "Pupi?"
    "ZWEIG!" (ZWEIG!)
    "Tar!"
    The conversation is vibrant and verbose, ranging a number of topics. However, no one here happens to speak rock type or Zweilous.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

"What do you suppose they're talking about?"
    "Probably just introducing themselves."
    The Larvitar and Pupitar feel happy and interested in what's going on, so it must be good.
    "Probably the last thing they ate. It can't be rocket science exactly if it's Nox and some primordials talking."
    "Looks like Garis was left out though. Oh well, he seems happy trying to pull Nox back to the group."

Show

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

Vicuńa did the numel equivalent of a knuckle-bump with the charizard.

Douglas chuckled. "Heh, sorry Tony - hello to you too! I was just a little surprised by Agni here, wow. So does that mean that that is Foo?"

He shook his head. "Huh, and sorry again Tony, I guess my mind is all over the place right now. That was 'Eviolite' right?"

Truse gratefully accepted the headband. Douglas was more vocal, "Thank you much, but what's an 'eviolite'? Regardless, I'm glad to have been able to help - maybe we can meet up with... ah, 'Gramps' if we go nearby?"

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(And I really should have checked the book first, because apparently it's not in there. Woops.)
    "Eviolite's something you find in the Rock Tunnel, and you use it in a Focus Band. It's part of the reason Grandpa survived raising a human kid in the Rock Tunnel. He'd probably love to see more of his own species."

"Chop?"
    "Larvitar."
    Garis hopped off Nox and scurried down the hill.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, I see." Douglas nodded. "Well, thank you very much, Tony. Be sure to tell your grandfather thank you for me, in case you meet up with him again before we do."

He leaned a bit more heavily on Truse for a moment. He was a little surprised to have statements confirmed - he had figured, but...

Well, there was one thing he could ask.

"Actually, I'm a little worried to hear about that - who did your grandfather have to battle with frequently enough that he needed a focus band to survive? Were a lot of pokemon hostile to machamps within? I've never been to the rock tunnel"

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"It's just a dangerous place in general. Mom's bio parents both died from a voltorb and a cave in, for example."

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

"Whoa there little guy." Zachariah lifts up the little Machop, who is still trying to scamper off to wherever he was going. "What was it you were running off to?" Zachariah tries to get a look in the general direction of the Pokémon's previous movement.

Show

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Well, I'd hope to avoid you feeling sick but I do got to get past this silly walls. Is there any safer way to blow them up without making you sick?"

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Did you try looking for an opening?
    Ulkair begins rolling his mass through the glass, bringing it all into himself. After a couple minutes, he looks fairly bloated.
    Uh oh...you may want to run.
    Would you like to run away from the impending explosion?

"Chop ma cho hopma!" (Machop family is this way!)

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

Ambrule translates for him. "Oh, okay." He lets Garis down and follows him.

Show

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"That would take too long..." Kara mumbles before he says something about running. Trusting the pokemon she turns and runs.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You escape and close the door just before a loud and particularly foul (maybe even slightly toxic) smelling explosion comes from behind you. Looking back, there's muk goo everywhere.. You may have been better off with the glass.
    Would you like to proceed? All scent paths for this room are lost.

You follow Garis, and eventually you see a pair of machoke practicing their moves in the distance, primarily by fighting a particularly large machamp, while surrounded by a circle of machop silently watching. Garis seems completely fascinated by this.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara glances around the room thinking. These ninjas liked traps and apparently couldn't play a fair game of hide and seek without trying to poison and trap people. With this in mind the new room probably had just as many traps.

Just as a start she shrugged and asked Tina to send a giant twister through the entire room to start things off. After the Twister was done she turned to Stratos. She doubted the same thing would work twice, but figuring she'd try it anyways she once again had Stratos toss out mist and gust to send it all over the place.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

More trip wires twang, and more darts embed themselves in the walls, launched off course haphazardly by the spinning attack. The walls begin to crack, before mist shows them. You see a the beginnings of a path through.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara considered knocking the walls down anyways but sighed and started walking through it anyways. It was so boring. She wanted to play hide and seek not wander around the maze.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

As you go through the maze, you hear a trap door open behind you! Looking back, you see a kid dressed as a ninja drop down.
    "HIYA! Those who seek the Master must first defeat my unstoppable team!"
    It'd be more intimidating if he wasn't obviously younger (and shorter) than you.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara looked at the little kid and raised an eyebrow. What did this little ninja want? Was he trying to pick a fight?

Tina! Thunder wave him before he can attack us with that ninja poison assassin stuff! She quickly ordered. It was obvious the little girl didn't understand what exactly this gym challenge was and still thought it was hide and seek.

Spoiler
    Show

Thunder Wave the trainer! mwahahahahaaa. Don't blame Kara all she was told was "find the master and you can train for free" she doesn't know what a gym challenge is :P

Accuracy: N/A it never misses and always paralyzes. Bwahahahahaa

Para info again
    Spoiler
    Show

Paralysis
    The Pokemon’s Speed Stat is halved. On the first round of Paralysis, roll 6 or better on 1d20 to act as usual. On the rounds following that, you must roll one higher, capping at 16 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16). On a failed roll, no Move may be used. You may not Shift either. Dragon and Electric type Pokemon may attempt to self-cure paralysis, only a roll of 20 will cure during their turn instead of shifting and/or moving. When a Paralyzed Pokemon is sent out of its Poke Ball , the Paralysis check starts at 11. On Turns following that, you must roll one higher, capping at 16.

Last edited by Major; 2012-01-31 at 07:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The young trainer gets struck by lightning and keels over.
    "Owwww! What's-s-s-s wrong with yo-o-o-ou? This is a gym chaaaaaaaallenge, you're supposed to fight by le-e-e-eague rules!"
    He manages to stutter that out between paralytic spasms.
    "Di-i-isqualification: Attacking trainer!"

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

"You like watching them?" Garis just gives Zachariah a look as though he was interupting something important before returning to watching the spectacle. Zachariah shrugs and just scans the Machoke. How have I not seen a Machoke before!?

Show