New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    The young trainer gets struck by lightning and keels over.
    "Owwww! What's-s-s-s wrong with yo-o-o-ou? This is a gym chaaaaaaaallenge, you're supposed to fight by le-e-e-eague rules!"
    He manages to stutter that out between paralytic spasms.
    "Di-i-isqualification: Attacking trainer!"
    Kara looks confused, "Gym challenge, league rules? What the hell are you talking about?" She says looking at the paralyzed ninja. "I'm just playing hide and seek. You are the one tossing darts and traps at me! Are you Koguafha?" She asked crossing her arms, "Because I found you so I can train for free! Don't get upset because I got you first!"

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Poke-e-e-e-e-emon League ruuuuuule one: Pokemon attacking tr-tr-tr-trainers directly means leag-g-g-gue fight disqualification for...unsportsmanlike behavior. Two: Intentional killlllllllling of pokemon leads to banning. How do you not know this? All gyms have a leader challenge th-h-hat goes through other trainers too."

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah." Douglas shook his head slowly. "I'm sorry to hear that, Tony."

Maybe that hadn't been such a good question to ask after all. Tony didn't seem to mind, though - so presumably he'd come to terms with it long before. He'd definitely leave any questions about birth parents to a later meeting, though; no sense prying too personally.

"Well, thank you again Tony. Vicuņa here has been eager for a battle, though, so let me not keep him waiting any longer." Politely nodding to Tony and Tesla, he stepped toward the receptionist. "Excuse me - are there any open colosseums where I could spar against a junior trainer?"

And, at a glance towards Truse, he added, "Preferably using either one or two pokemon over a full team, though."
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Well, I have three trainers currently available who meet those criteria. Would you like it to be a surprise or would you prefer to meet them first?"

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "You like watching them?" Garis just gives Zachariah a look as though he was interupting something important before returning to watching the spectacle. Zachariah shrugs and just scans the Machoke. How have I not seen a Machoke before!?
    Looks like you missed me.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Sorry, was trying to come up with something good)
    One machoke falls before an onslaught of punches before the machamp, who stands triumphant. Then the other machoke grabs him around the waist, and tosses him out of the circle and into a crumpled heap. The machop cheer, and the machoke raises its fist in victory as it glows and grows into a new machamp.
    "Chop ma!" (Their ring has a new master amongst its ranks!)

(Tldr version: machoke in the wild challenge a machamp or high level fighting type when they feel ready to evolve. Defeating one of these means they are called a master by the youunger generation and generally educate the youths.)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-01 at 01:25 PM.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Poke-e-e-e-e-emon League ruuuuuule one: Pokemon attacking tr-tr-tr-trainers directly means leag-g-g-gue fight disqualification for...unsportsmanlike behavior. Two: Intentional killlllllllling of pokemon leads to banning. How do you not know this? All gyms have a leader challenge th-h-hat goes through other trainers too."
    "Because I'm not going through a league challenge pee brain. I just want to find this Kotofu so I can train my friends for free!" Kara says as if talking to a child...oh wait..., "Nobody told me anything about a pokemon league challenge or anything. They just said go find him." Kara crossed her arms. "Not quit crying like a girl and I'll think about healing you. But if you want to keep whining then I'm going to leave you paralyzed."

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, surprise me." Douglas smiled, as did his numel. "That'll make it more refreshing."

"Choke." (I think I'd rather have an advantage myself, heh, but Vicuņa sure wouldn't).

Douglas took his machoke's statement as agreement, and nodded again.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(He was having uncontrollable body spasms because you tazed him. That was supposed to be stuttering.)
    The kid glares at you as his hand finally stops spazming long enough to pull out a berry and pop it into his mouth, which somehow stops the electric currents from arcing on his body.
    "Then why, WHY would you participate in the gym challenge and not think to ask anything? Would you like me to tell you the general rules, or get stabbed in the throat by the next person you assault in self defense?"
    He pulls out a pokeball and begins spinning it.
    "That does happen to cheaters here, jerk. Seriously, how can you not know this? I'm eight, and I know more about the gym practices than you! What's your excuse!?!"

"Very well then, sir."
    She pushes an eye on an arbok statue nearby, and a secret doorway opens in a side.
    "Follow this route, sir, and a trainer will be with you shortly."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-01 at 06:16 PM.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

(He was having uncontrollable body spasms because you tazed him. That was supposed to be stuttering.)
    The kid glares at you as his hand finally stops spazming long enough to pull out a berry and pop it into his mouth, which somehow stops the electric currents from arcing on his body.
    "Then why, WHY would you participate in the gym challenge and not think to ask anything? Would you like me to tell you the general rules, or get stabbed in the throat by the next person you assault in self defense?"
    He pulls out a pokeball and begins spinning it.
    "That does happen to cheaters here, jerk. Seriously, how can you not know this? I'm eight, and I know more about the gym practices than you! What's your excuse!?!"
    "Because nobody said there was a gym challenge or any rules!" Kara shouted getting upset. "All they said was to find the ninja and then I could have my friends work out for free!" She said crossing her arms, "And I don't know anything about gym things because this is my first time going to one!"

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

"You seem to really like that, eh?" Garis smiles and nods, then says something.
    "Chop! Chop ma op cho. Op ma." (Yeah! I don't think I feel as interested as them. Too much brute strength.) Garis walks up and congratulates the newly evolved Machamp.

Show

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

"...huh." He hadn't noticed that passageway at all. He made a mental note to remember that - eyes of arbok statues.

"Thank you very much." He said to the receptionist before stepping along it. He glanced at Vicuņa, who was run-stopping in anticipation. "Heh, hopefully this is to your liking. Be strong out there."

"NOM!" The energetic numel could not have been more ready. He in fact began nudging Truse along to hurry their speed through the secret route.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Sorry, it's been a busy day today.)

"Okay then! Most people know that things that lead to the gym leader and involve impressing them are gym challenges, which you pass to get a badge, which allows you free reign of the facilities! Finding a ninja master in his own gym is an impressive feat! There are rules to protect both sides, the big ones being one pokemon out on the field, no directly attacking trainers, no trainer interference such as attacking or psychic stuf, and no trying to kill your opponent's pokemon on purpose! Team sizes are determined beforehand, and winner takes half of the loser's cash! Are we clear now?!?!"

The machamp regards Garis and his altered state with curiosity, before noticing you. Nodding, he taps fists with Garis gently.
    (Where else should I take you in here? More rock and ground types? Fire types?)

Walking down the secret tunnel for Arceus knows how long, you come to an open air sandy pit with raised audience seating. The sun is high in the sky, and there seem to be a few rocks out as token defensive locations. Across from you is another man in relatively normal clothing flanked by a croagunk and a swalot.
    "Jan gave me a signal to come out here. Are you the man looking for a quick fight?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-02 at 10:33 PM.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

(I think seeing at least one more interesting Pokémon on the way back would be good. Maybe a fire-type from the wishlist that he hasn't seen.)

"Dang, where is the time going? I really wish we could stay longer, but I think I should meet up with my cousin before heading off. Any way we could stop by some fire types on the way back? I have a bit of an...affinity for them." He doesn't actually remember where Tony even is in town, but he does want to take a look at the local gym before the end of the day.

Meanwhile, Garis hangs around for a bit interacting with the other Machop. He seems a bit awkward around them, like he doesn't fully belong. Finally, he grows bored and returns to the group. He has some mixed emotions. He seems happy, but at the same time he's...aprehensive? I can't get a good read on the other emotion. It's not very happy is all I can make out. Zachariah just nods, then gets up and dusts himself off.

Show

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"So I can't feed you to Tina?" Kara ask with a frown.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Any more than I can feed you to Imp, unless you want to go with lethal."
    He opens the pokeball and a gliscor comes out, and pulls out a knife.
    "Yes, I know, not poison. Don't even get started on it."

"You happen to be in luck. Quill knows where a nest is."
    You follow him down the mountain, and surely enough, on the way you find a hot spring where both are attending to dozens of eggs of varying types by heating them, with the magby line helping by moving them. Meanwhile, an arcanine bounds past, with many tiny growlithe pups playfully yipping as they chase after.
    Nox flies overhead and coasts into the hotspring, where he begins a splash fight with himself.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-03 at 12:19 AM.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"It doesn't look like a ninja either...How are you a ninja when you got a flying bat? No stealth, no poison...this is disappointing." Kara said with a frown. "Alright, I'll start with Tina!" She said nodding to her Dratini.

Spoiler
    Show

Tina speed: 20
    Attack: Dragon Rage
    (1d20)[7] vs 2+evasion
    Damage: 35

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah takes a deep breath. "Hm...carbon dioxide, CO, a tad of silicon ash and sulfuric gasses. It just feels...right." He sits up on a hill, watching everything again. A few flames flick off of him every now and again. The rest of his team plays around with the locals, except Era and Ambrule who stay by Zachariah, chatting. Bullet somehow gets into a non-agressive boxing match with a Magmar. Garis plays with the Magby and gets into a wresting match, trying to weave around the little fire type. "Hm, should I let Pyroclast out? His family type is here."
    There are other Magmar and Magmortar here. He should see them. It might do him good.
    "Do what you want. He acts like he does, but you're the trainer. Do what you think is right." Zachariah pauses for a second, then decided to let Pyroclast out. The Magmar just grumbles. "Gma mar ma?" (What do you want?)
    "Figured you would benefit from meeting some of your own kind who had a different upbringing. There's a Magmortar down there that appears to be the patriarch of the group. You should talk to him."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-02-04 at 12:03 AM.

Show

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas had to pause several times throughout the trek. It wasn't a case of stamina per se - he was good there - but his legs still gave him trouble when he had to walk for all that long. He paused to massage it several times, trying to ignore the stinging.

Glancing up, he noted Truse watching him, concerned. Vicuņa was more direct - nudging him softly. "Heh. I wonder if the intent here is to keep going on and show determination, or to focus on wisdom and realize I should try something else?"

As he kept going, though, he found himself in a very different location. "I guess it was the former." He said, massaging one of his legs as he glanced up to the speaker. "Yes - my name is Douglas Bóaire, the challenger."

Vicuņa took a couple steps forward - now that he was there, his body seemed to almost glow with heat.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

20. - Top - End - #650
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Kara: "Never said there wasn't poison. Poison Jab, Imp!"
    (Your table, just post a square you go to, I'll update it when I'm at home. The rest of your team is just outside of this hallway)

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
    1|||||K||||||
    2|||||||||||
    3|||||||||||
    4|||||T||||||
    5||||||I|||||
    6|||||||||||
    7|||||||||||
    8|||||||||||
    9|||||||||||
    10|||||N|||||[/table]
    K=Kara, T=Tina, I=Imp, N=Ninja
    (1d20)[5], hits on a 2+evasion, poisons on 15 or better
    (2d12+36)[39] vs defense
    Dragon fire rakes at his back, but the gliscor, more a flying scorpion, is still up! It takes a swipe at you with it's tail, dripping poison. 34 HP left!

Doug: "Richard Kas. So, I am assuming you want to pit your numel and machoke against Cossack* and Wasabi here, but any other pokemon you'd like to mention? Or is two on two okay."
    He nods, and the swalot moves forward.

Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T
    1|||||||||R||||||||||||||
    2|||||||||||||||||||||||
    3|||||||||||||||||||||||
    4|||||||||||||||||||||||
    5||||r|r|||||||||W|||||||||
    6|||||r|r||||||||||||r|r||||
    7|||||||||||||||||||r|r|||
    8|||||||||||||||||||||||
    9|||||||||||||||||||||||
    10|||||||||||||||||||||||
    11|||||||||||||||||||||||
    12|||||||||||||||||||||||
    13|||||||||||||||||||||||
    14|||||||||||||||||||||||
    15||||r|r||||||||||||||||||
    16|||||r|r||||||||||||r|r||||
    17|||||||||||||||||||r|r|||
    18|||||||||||||||||||||||
    19|||||||||||||||||||||||
    20|||||||||||||||||||||||[/table]

Zach: Rolling his eyes, Pyroclast goes to socialize.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-05 at 06:19 AM.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

Pyroclast eventually makes his way to the Magmortar. (Since it's just Pokémon speaking I'll forego the Poké-speak) "Hey, you the boss around her? My trainer wanted me to talk to you."

Show

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas nodded. "Only these two will be battling, yes." He said, indicating his numel and machoke. "One moment, however."

Out again came Tundra, Calconzillo, and the still-unnamed nidoran male. Tundra looked at Douglas, perplexed.

"You may get something out of watching Vicuņa and Truse." He noted to them, as he glanced to the machop in particular. "Watch the match."

Douglas steadied himself on a sizeable rock just at the edge of the arena (for game purposes, let's presume it's just outside the arena, and Douglas is in J-20). His other pokemon remained outside the arena, where Truse waited as well - the machoke didn't seem to visibly change, but both he and Douglas recognized that he was gearing himself up mentally for a bout. Calconzillo did notice something was up - and watched Truse a little confused.

Vicuņa stamped his feet with a loud "Noooom!" Small sparks of flame glowed near him as he opted to start in H-15. He tensed, as did Douglas.

And he waited. And Douglas took a deep breath.

"Already, Vicuņa! Let's bring the sun!"

And the entire arena grew much hotter, as the numel raced forward.

(Vicuņa uses sunny day! He starts in H-15 [paralleling the swalot], then moves to M9 [his overland is 6, so I believe that's as far as he can move]. Douglas is in J-20, his other pokemon are just off the field behind him watching or in Truse's case preparing to step out. Edit: Oh, also my numel's speed is a mighty 4)
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-02-05 at 08:43 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quickly, Kara tried to figure out what to do. On one hand she didn't want Tina to get knocked out, the poison jab had barely hit, but it had hurt Tina pretty badly. If Tina could dodge...then what? Using wrap was risky and while it might work it would rely entirely on the hope that Tina could crush Imp before it attacked. Slam would probably do the trick, but Tina wasn't very good at aiming that much power.

Finally Kara made her choice, she couldn't risk Tina getting killed or hurt and since she apparently wasn't allowed to fight cause of this stupid rules she ducked low to give Star room to fit.

Tina come back! Star, finish this match! Tina said to her pokemon with their connection.

Spoiler
    Show

Calling back Tina (thus return to my side) sending out Staryu/Star to take over.

Star to A1. Water Gun at Imp. Star has 15 speed btw, water gun has ten range and can thus barely hit.

Accuracy: (1d20)[2]=2+evasion (special)
    Damage: (2d6+18)[25]-special defense, x2 (yeah type advantage :P )

Edit: I ****ing hate this game...
    Last edited by Major; 2012-02-05 at 09:46 PM.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Sorry. If it helps, you only have to get a 3. Maybe if you didn't keep attacking people right off the bat, the dice gods would like Kara more...)
    Imp barely manages to swoop down and out of the way for that one.
    "Show 'em who's boss, Imp! Acrobatics!"
    The gliscor swoops right up to Star, just reaching the staryu before doing a tumbling clawswipe.
    (1d20)[5]-vs attack, evasion 2+evasion
    (1d10+35)[43]
    (Going to give this guy an anti-sleep berry, so he doesn't do another 4d10...)

Spoiler
    Show
    1|S|I|||K||||||
    2|||||||||||
    3|||||||||||
    4|||||||||||
    5|||||||||||
    6|||||||||||
    7|||||||||||
    8|||||||||||
    9|||||||||||
    10|||||N|||||[/table]

"Wasabi, use sludge on...Vicuna, right?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    2|||||||||||||||||||||||
    3|||||||||||||||||||||||
    4|||||||||||||||||||||||
    5||||r|r|||||||||W|||||||||
    6|||||r|r||||||||||||r|r||||
    7|||||||||||||||||||r|r|||
    8|||||||||||||||||||||||
    9||||||||||||||V|||||||||
    20||||||||||D|||||||||||||[/table]
    (1d20)[17]-special attack, has to be above 2+evasion; poisons on a roll of 15 or higher
    (1d12+33)[43]

(Zach gets a post soon too, don't worry)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-05 at 10:46 PM.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The magmortar looks Pyroclast in the eyes as he helps move some eggs.
    "Yes. What can I help you with, young one? You look very tense. What would you prefer to be doing?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-05 at 10:50 PM.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

"Honestly, I do not know. I just...something about him bothers me. I can't even identify what it is. He cares for his team, he respects other people, he even was willing to fight me hand to hand when his only other Pokémon on him was poisoned to try and prove himself a worthy trainer. The rest of the team is pretty tightly knit as well. I just...don't feel like I belong." He shrugs after talking himself to this realization.

Show

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara growled and stomped her foot unhappy with she saw Star go down. Only the need to finish this fight so she could heal Star stopped her from throwing a temper tantrum. This was another reason she hated fighting, it seemed no matter what she was cursed with horrible luck. Perhaps it wasn't her powers that had caused her to be abandoned but her luck.

Finally, Kara was sick of it. She just wanted to end this stupid battle and be done with it. No longer toying around she looked behind her.

Zayne! I'm sick of this thing hurting my friends. You are much better at this fighting thing. Crush it!

Spoiler
    Show

Loyalty Sense on Gliscor
    (1d20+5)[15]
    Make a 1d20 roll and add your CHA modifier. On a result of 10 or higher, you will know if the Pokemon's Loyalty is 4. On a result of 20 or higher, you know the exact value of the Pokemon's Loyalty. You cannot trigger this feature on the same Pokemon twice within a given day.

Switch to Zayne (Flygon)
    Faint Attack. No attack roll, auto-hit
    Damage: (1d10+33)[38]

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas tensed a little bit as the blow impacted off Vicuņa soundly - but it didn't seem to directly hurt him too much. Did ground resist poison? He could never remember the less common matchups. Maybe that was part of how Raleigh kept beating him.

The numel showed no signs of slowing down, although Douglas did note the poison would likely wear on him in a bit. Still, he could go a short bit without going all out - he'd learned to rely on a sunny day'd heat wave.

"Okay! Vicuņa, crack the earth!"

Advancing, the numel smashed his feet into the ground, causing tremors about Wasabi.

Spoiler
    Show

Vicuņa has 63/76 hp.

Vicuņa shifts to N7!
    Vicuņa uses Magnitude on Wasabi!
    (1d6)[3] It deals:
    1 - (1d4+16)[17]
    2 - (1d8+16)[19]
    3 - (2d8+16)[23] <-- Edit: This one
    4 - (2d10+16)[28]
    5 - (3d10+16)[43]
    6 - (4d10+16)[38]

(This is then doubled due to super effective, and reduced due to defense)
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-02-06 at 01:51 AM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Kara: You know that this isn't the kid's most loyal pokemon. However, he doesn't seem to mind the kid.
    Especially when he gets to put pokemon that'd use his type weakness against him in their place with one hit.
    Whether this makes Zayne's strike any more satisfying or not, I leave to you.
    "How many of your pokemon are you going to throw out into this fight, anyway?"
    Imp loses 18 HP! Imp is down to 16 HP!
    "Good work, Imp! Return!"
    You swear you hear the bloody thing snickering with pride. Cheeky bastard.
    "Maybe I'll go easy on you for this one. Gullet, come out, you could use a fight!"
    He sends out a swalot right where the gliscor used to be, which yawns and looks around.
    (Using the move Yawn, which creates a 4 meter burst around Zayne. Cannot miss, and causes Zayne to fall asleep at the end of his next turn.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    1||G|Z||K||||||
    2|||||||||||
    3|||||||||||
    4|||||||||||
    5|||||||||||
    6|||||||||||
    7|||||||||||
    8|||||||||||
    9|||||||||||
    10|||||N|||||[/table]

Doug: The move shakes the ground around the two fighters. Wasabi takes 20 Damage (defenses brought damage to 10, then super effective portion)! Wasabi down to 55 HP!
    "Nice blow. Wasabi, Body Slam!"
    (1d20)[3]-Attack, hits on 2+evasion
    (2d12+18)[29]
    Spoiler
    Show
    2|||||||||||||||||||||||
    3|||||||||||||||||||||||
    4|||||||||||||||||||||||
    5||||r|r||||||||||||||||||
    6|||||r|r||||||||W||||r|r||||
    7|||||||||||||||V||||r|r|||
    8|||||||||||||||||||||||
    9|||||||||||||||||||||||
    20||||||||||D|||||||||||||[/table]

(Zach gets a post when it's not 3 AM, since that one requires thinking.)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-06 at 03:29 AM.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ogre in the Playground

Vicuņa had been about to rush forward when he heard the call from his trainer - which stopped him with enough time to barely leap to the side.

Douglas remembered body slam. Raliegh had done it with frequency - it was physical, normal, and paralyzed. Hm.

"Try fading back, Vicuņa!"

For a moment, the numel paused - was Douglas calling him out of the match so soon? But he complied, as Douglas continued, "Ember this time!"

"Ran!" The nidoran male seemed particularly interested in the way the match was going; he stomped his feet from the sidelines.

Spoiler
    Show

Vicuņa moves back to P-13
    Attack: (1d20)[20]
    Damage: (2d6+16)[22] (This total is then x1.5 due to sun)

Thank... uh, Arceus I suppose for defenses.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics