New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

"SWAAAAAAAAAA!"
    Oh Arceus, it smells like a garbage heap caught on fire. The swalot runs in a panic towards Vic.
    Critical hit! Wasabi takes 36 damage! Wasabi is down to 19 HP! Wasabi is burned!
    Wasabi tries to put out its face whiskers with Sludge! Some gets close to Vic
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d12+39)[44]

"Oh? What was your life like before you met them? What were your goals in life?"

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(And the ste is acting a bit tempermental, so double post.)

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

One last try...

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara stomps her foot upset as the pokemon retreats. "It's only three versus your two you jerk! And I was going easy on you!"

She looked at Zayne and nodded. Unlike the previous pokemon this one can't fly and is slow. Keep your distance! Hold it in place, fly off, then try and resist that sleep!

Spoiler
    Show

Using Sand Tomb:
    Accuracy: (1d20)[9] vs 4
    Damage: (1d12+30)[31] - defense (x2 for weakness)

Trapped for: (1d4+1)[2] turns (A Move with the Trap keyword prevents the target from fleeing. A Trapped target may not flee, and may not be recalled. A Trapped target may not move from the spot they were Trapped in.)

Also, take 1d20 at the beginning of each of his turns without applying stats, weaknesses, defense, etc.

----
    After using Sand Tomb, Zayne will shift to F6.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

(Maybe it needs a different person to post)
    "Zachariah's team? My previous trainer was a criminal. Called himself a 'Rocket.' He wasn't the greatest guy in the world, but he cared about his team. I didn't really have any goals. I did what my trainer said. Before him, I guess I would have just wanted to make it through life, run a group or Magmar like you do and live a calm life. But this guy doesn't even seem to know what he wants!"
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Then you are both very similar in that regard. Perhaps he simply desires to let his young charges see peaceful surroundings for a little bit. To rest after any stress. Or maybe he just wants to be your friend and get to know each of you. Or maybe he just has no goal yet. For his age, that may be alright, and you could both find a goal together.
    You sound like you still wish for your old master, though. Maybe that's what is feeling wrong, that this man is not him. What separated you two?"

"Says the girl who thinks paralysis is a way to say hi! Besides, we are allowed equal number pokemon, meaning it's three on three! Be glad I force Imp to hold a berry, otherwise he could've killed your staryu!"
    Meanwhile, Gullet gets wrapped in sand as Zayne moves away, before falling asleep. Gullet takes 26 damage (stats favor specials)! Gullet has 49 HP!
    Gullet uses amnesia! Incidentally, I forget the boosts.
    (1d20)[5]
    "Wait...why didn't you recall your staryu yet?"

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Pyroclast pauses for a second. After thinking about it, he just mentions issues with his work and leaves it at that.

Show

8. - Top - End - #668
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ugh!" That stench was awful... but Douglas' eyes widened. It looked like Wasabi was on his last legs, so he definitely didn't want to overdo it.

Although Vicuna definitely couldn't take too much more himself - the combination blasts had taken a heck of a lot out of him, even though special strikes were what he was best at dealing with. Still, he pointed, "Once more, Vicuna! Light'm up!"

And stepping back a notch, the numel released another surge of embers at the poison pokemon. Truse, on the side, definitely noticed that the numel wasn't too well off himself, however. Calconzillo watched the machoke in surprise - Truse's breathing had changed, and he'd began tensing and untensing - really preparing for a bout.

Douglas idly noticed, on a stolen glance away, that the nidoran was very fiercely into the match. Seemed he curiously had a family of battlers now, although Tundra was definitely still hesitant. He kept that note in his head for later, however - knowing your family was critical, but he had to keep his focus. He wasn't a very good battler, and thus things could swing at any moment and he knew this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ĄEmber attack!
    Attack: (1d20)[10]
    Damage: (2d8+16)[24] (x1.5 for sun)

Vicuna's HP: 44/71
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

9. - Top - End - #669
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"It could have been worse, I could have had Tina eat you!" Kara snapped back. "And I'll help Star after this match is over." Kara said glancing sadly over at her friend.

She nodded at Flygon. The sand wouldn't hold the creature as long as she had hoped so she'd need distance to stall.

Spoiler
    Show

Zayne will go to J10 then fall asleep. No attacks do to range. I'll roll my sleep for next turn now.

(1d20)[17] vs 16 to wake up.
    Edit: HA! Dice gods say the sleep will end instantly mwahahahahahaa :P
    Last edited by Major; 2012-02-06 at 10:15 PM.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Which does occasionally happen. He was asleep the last round, and I got to use amnesia without being hurt.)
    (1d20)[7]
    "AND I COULD HAVE FROZEN YOU WITH A PUNCH, BUT YOU DON'T SEE ME GOING ON ABOUT IT!"
    He's beginning to glow indigo a bit. You're pretty sure he shouldn't be able to glow.
    "GULLET, WAIT A BIT! ONCE YOU'RE OUT, IT'S NORDUL'S TURN!"
    (Okay, Gullet's current Special Defense is at 20, and he gets out next turn)
    Gullet has lost 12 HP while in Sand Tomb! Gullet is at 37 HP!

Wasabi runs around screaming with more fire for a few seconds, before falling over, unconscious but still breathing. His trainer tosses a water balloon he had been preparing full of a burn salve onto him, before recalling him.
    "No reason for him to be suffering more from that, true? Cossack, get in there and show them what you've got!"
    (Cossack moves to H7, all moves are too far away to really hit, will update map a bit later)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-06 at 11:33 PM.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas reflexively stepped forward as he noted Wasabi shout before pausing - okay, he was still alright, just unconscious. Boy was he glad that he hadn't gone more fiercely with that.

Vicuņa stamped the ground, spraying fire into the air as Wasabi was forced to retreat. "NOM!" (Oh yeah!)

"Careful, Vicuņa." Douglas smiled though; his numel was certainly enjoying himself, and that was good to watch. "No sense taking chances. Go all out!"

Spoiler
    Show

(I'm gonna have him do heat wave. Should I wait until the map's updated as you did note that they were too far away to reach each other so he may be unable to heat wave, shall I spend a round buffing, or should I just roll for the FE?)

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Running away?" Kara asked calmly as she heard the trainer mention about returning once he got free of the sand. She wished Zayne could get close enough to keep the trap up but knew it was useless.

Move to the middle of the room and wait for him to send out the next one. It should be vulnerable upon being released from the pokeball be prepared to attack it once it comes out before it can get ready.

Spoiler
    Show

Shift to E6

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Putting you in your place, you windbag."
    He recalls Gullet as soon as the sandstorm subsides.
    "FINISH HER, NORDUL!"
    He tosses a pokeball, and a giant plant pokemon appears from it next to Zayne, its four leaves each bigger than him.
    "Viiiile!"
    (Nordul in E5. Map updates some time tomorrow.)

(You should probably move forward a bit, and then heat wave it. Map will update tomorrow, as I have some other games and actual responsibilities to take care of too.)

The magmortar eyes Pyroclast on that last line before shrugging. To each their own.
    "If I understand you correctly, your journey with this one is just starting. Where he may lead you, I do not pretend to know. I do know the word Rocket, though."
    He gestures with an arm, and Pyroclast notices a faded R carved into the magmortar's underarm, apparently repeatedly.
    "It took five years to recover after the raid on the breeding pen found me. My advice to you is that even if you decide to split ways with him, you don't go back. You never go back to those bastards. As for now...well, I have never met a young human who seems to know what they want in life. Be glad this one at least wants company."
    Era and Garis come over, playing with a magby, and he pats the three affectionately on the head before sending them off.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

Pyroclast sighs and nods. He kind of chuckles as he responds finally. "Judge it, I hate when the older generation is right. Thank you." He returns to Zachariah finally.

"So, how did things go?"
    "Gma mar magmarmar ma agma gma mag ag. Mar ma mag. Ma magma gmar." (The Magmortar had reason and thinks that my experience with Rockets screwed me up a bit with humans. You don't seem that bad, just young. I mistook that for something negative.)
    Ambrule adds after translating: "He does seem a bit sincere. I'd accept that."
    "Well my right hand candle seems to approve. Apology accepted." Zachariah looks at the sky. "Dang, getting late. Come on, let's find us a friendly battle at the gym."

Show

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Got it. C'mon, Quill, we're headed back!"
    They lead you off the path, and to a tunnel.
    "The digletts, dugtrios, and all the others made an extensive tunnel system. Some of the other trainers have their own and made access tunnels. Few pokemon down here, but it's a fast way to the exits in some places."
    Zach used Dig! Richard used Dig!
    In barely any time at all, you end up at the exit.
    You're not sure where Nox got the two souvenir hats, a shirt made for a zweilous for the safari zone, or the balloon he is slowly eating the cord of with one head.
    "Well, Quill and I both hope you enjoyed your stay here today, but I have to let him go see his mate. Hope you all enjoyed this, and that you come back some time!"

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm sure we'll stop by sometime in the future." He snatches the balloon from Nox before he pops it hand gives it to Era and Garis to play with, who begin playing a pseudo-volleyball game as the team heads to the gym.
    Garis and I loved the Safari Zone! There were so many different Pokémon!
    "Glad you liked it. So you ready to go train at the Gym? You and Garis have some catching up to do, as do Ambrule and Bullet, in order to stay at pace with the two high level catches from the ship."
    Just remember that Garis is still young.
    "That's why he won't be fighting. He'll be practicing."
    "Cho?" (What?)
    "If it's anything like the Mistralton Gym, you'll see." The eclectic team makes their way to the local Gym.

Show

17. - Top - End - #677
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"-and that's why while we allow koffings, grimers, and stunkies, we no longer allow trubbishes as starters."
    "Huh..."
    And of course, who else would you run into but Tony and Lil' Helper, talking to the secretary? Dude just seems to pop up everywhere. Nearby is one of the guys from the boat you beat up Rockets with, with a charizard and magneton nearby. They seem to be listening intently.
    Flare and a poochyena come up to you, one with hope of food in their eyes. Flare barks, and then sniffs your newer team mates expectantly.
    "Hou!" (Hello new cousins!)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-07 at 11:11 PM.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

"Sorry, no food. Nox here will be making sure of that for quite some time I think." He turns to Tony. "Looks like...Nikolas was it? Dang, why must I be so bad with human names? Looks like he got a few new teamates. Pretty tough looking too." Meanwhile, Era approaches the receptionist with Ambrule keeping an eye on her.
    Excuse me, Madamoiselle? May one of my friends train here? My trainer is right there talking to that guy with the dark types. It's hard to sound like an adorable little kid telepathically without sounding completely childish, but she's still plenty young enough to pull it off. She pulls the discolored Machop over and continues to try and look cute.

Show

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Trap it and let's keep our distance! Kara asked Zayne.

Spoiler
    Show

Shift to J7, Sand Tomb!
    Accuracy: (1d20)[5] vs 4+evasion*please dice gods*
    Damage: (1d12+30)[38]
    Trapped for: (1d4+1)[3]

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Vicuņa's eyes glowed ever brighter, as he stamped both feet. He broke into a run - getting much closer to his target than he needed to before he halted. As he moved, the air around him actually got colder at first - he was drawing the heat from it into himself. Truse reflexively held out a hand, ensuring the others were away from the blast even though there was no way it would reach anywhere near as far as the arena's edge.

The flames grew from the numel's forelegs and head, as opposed to his mouth which didn't open. A brilliant wave of fire radiated out from him - such was the intensity of the flames that the numel seemed a bit colder himelf after they were released.

~~~~~~~
    Vicuņa moves forward!
    Vicuņa uses Heat wave!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[11]
    Damage roll: (4d12+33)[56] (x1.5 due to sun)

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

21. - Top - End - #681
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Cossack was in a combat pose-until Vic erupts in fiery fury.
    "Croaaaaa!"
    The heat wave flings him far, and his trainer does a running jump to catch him. Cossack is at -20 HP after that blow! Cossack is unable to battle!
    "Should've expected you were holding something back. Sorry Cossack."
    He pulls out some powder and blows it into Vic's face before recalling his croagunk. Vic is cured of poison!
    "You have earned this too."
    Doug has defeated Ninja Richard! Doug has earned 2000 Poke! Vic has gotten 900 experience from Cossack! Vic has gotten 2100 experience from Wasabi!

Nordul blasts the sands apart with powder.
    "Drain him, Nordul!"
    Nordul moves to H5 and shoots roots out towards Zayne.
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
    1|||||K||||||
    2|||||||||||
    3|||||||||||
    4|||||||||||
    5||||||||N|||
    6|||||||||||
    7||||||||||Z|
    8|||||||||||
    9|||||||||||
    10|||||N|||||[/table]

(1d20)[8]-must beat 6+evasion
    (1d8+37)[44]

"Actually, they're Agni and Foo-a charmander he caught on the boat and a magnemite he had earlier. So you got Garis to become a dark type? Cool! His dad and Doug are here by the way, so he might like to meet them."
    "Yena." (Aw.)
    Flare moves over to Garis, as does Lil' Helper, curiosity in his eyes. A new playmate, perhaps? By the new cousin, too!
    "What a cute ralts and machop! Yes, we have training for you both. Though from your ages, we may have to dial it back a bit."

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas again watched the croagunk carefully as he was knocked - good, again simply unconscious. He really had to watch his numel's strength.

"Thank you for the battle - Vicuņa got a few lucky blows in."

Douglas stepped towards his numel, who rather than roaring in victory was instead panting. "How was that, Vicuņa?"

"Nom." (Good match! Thank you.) The numel nodded politely to the ninja before turning, and following Douglas to his own side.

"RAN!" The Nidoran male stomped his feet. Douglas smiled.

"Ah, so you'd like to get some battling done too?"

"Ran!"

"In a moment, though. Vicuņa needs a break for a little bit - that attack always takes a lot out of him. Good to know you like battling, though - I'll certainly try to get you into conflicts in the future. How about you, little guy?"

"Chop!" (Your turn? Your turn!) Calconzillo tugged on Truse's leg. The machoke shook his head.

"Choke." (Later).

"Truse isn't as interested in battling as Vicuņa, Calconzillo." Douglas almost inferred correctly what his machop was trying to get at. "You seem interested as well, though. Not you so much, Tundra."

The snover wrung his hands nervously, as Douglas patted him on the head. "Nono - that's completely fine by me. Not everyone enjoys battling. You do need to practice ice manipulation, though, as that's very important for your growth - but that doesn't mean battling."

He smiled warmly - then massaged his hand to warm it up. It seemed Tundra made the area about him colder when he got nervous.

Finally, after what felt like eternity, out he stepped again into the main foyer. He readjusted his sunglasses as his eyes uncomfortably readjusted to the change in light, and paused to massage his legs.

"Choke? Ma-choke!" (Looking strong, little guy - enjoying being with Zach?) Truse warmly stated to the small machop, recognizing him immediately - the unusual coloration did pique his curiosity, though. It took Douglas' eyes a bit to catch up.

"Say... Zachariah, right? Wow, I suppose Fuschia isn't that big of a town after all - I keep running into people I know. How've you been since the boat?"

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara grinned as Zayne flew over the roots. Great job! Now blast that thing while you recharge that sand trap!

Spoiler
    Show

Dragonbreath, then shift to B7.
    Attack: (1d20)[2] Paralyze 15-20 (2+special evasion)
    Damage: (1d10+23)[30]

Edit: ...I'm so ****ing tempted to just forfeit...I'm going to have to find a different way to level and be useful other than combat =__= It's showing quite clearly that Kara hasn't had her pokemon fight before >.>
    Last edited by Major; 2012-02-08 at 04:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

"Not bad. After Garis over there hatched we got his type synched to dark. I've never been able to bond well with regular fighting types but being that I hatched him I decided I'd try to make it a bit easier."

Not for me, just Garis. I'm training the normal way with everyone else!

Show

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

It took Douglas a moment to realize that the voice that leapt into his head was the ralts who was now looking up at him. He glanced, briefly, to Tundra - who wrung his hands together - and didn't bring that up.

Calconzillo, however, was a bit fired up. And, upon seeing someone else his height and age, took a step towards him in a fashion all the more combat-focused pokemon recognized immediately. Truse promptly reached down and grabbed Calconzillo firmly. "Choke." (Don't.)

"Ch-chop!" (C'mon, I want to battle too!)

"Choke. Ma-Choke, choke." (You can't just go picking fights with people. All that does is make you a whole lotta enemies.)

Douglas noticed part of the exchange, and tapped his machop on the forehead. "Easy, Calconzillo. You cannot go around picking fights with people for no reason - that'll get you nothing but enemies. You'll get time to battle, I promise - you just gotta be patient."

Vicuņa chuckled softly at his trainer's unknowing repetition. The machop sulked slightly, but remained still.

Then, Douglas turned back to Zachariah. "I didn't mean to keep you, though - I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I hope you get along well with Garis." And, a pause. "Actually, what're you up to? Here to challenge the gym leader? I wouldn't mind watching that."

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"There's actually a rule on that-you can't watch someone go through the maze unless you're also trying to find the Master. You can watch if they find the Master, though."
    "Well, maybe I can help Cal out there, so he doesn't fight his own brother. Though that is something machop do in the wild. Lil' Helper's older than Cal, but he's only recently picked up his first natural attack. Maybe after some training to make sure neither one gets hurt, we can let them go into a bout together?"
    Flare tugs on his leg.
    "Oh, right. Could we breed Flare or Nikki? I'd like to give Zach a puppy. Your parents would never take a gift from my side for your siblings, right?"
    He pauses again.
    "Also, puppies. They're an end in and of themselves, now that I think about it. You'd get to keep any that caught your eye, if you wanted."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-08 at 09:42 PM.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(How about causing dissent and pokemon uprisings among enemies, Major?)
    Nordul ignores the attempt and moves forward (E5).
    "Stun him!"
    (1d20)[4]-a long shot, but has to beat 11+evasion. Still, it's an at will.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

"Nah, not likely. Of course I'd have to send it home to them anyways with the size of my current team." He turns to Douglas. "I'm considering it, but not before we get everyone trained up somewhat. Garis needs to get some practice in before he even fights something, and the rest of the team needs to catch up with Nox and Pyroclast." He walks over to the receptionist that Era is talking to. "Sorry about her, she likes to meet new people."
    I was just trying to get Katergaris some help training.
    Oh. Well then...thanks. "So how much to train up Garis here?"

Show

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara cheered watching Zayne keep up the dodging. He might be missing things left and right, but he was keeping the evasion up. She looked at the new pokemon and closed her eyes trying to sense its bonds.

Spoiler
    Show

Trainer Action: Loyalty Sense (1d20+5)[14] 10+ I know if 4. 20+ I know exact value.

Sand Tomb Accuracy (1d20)[13] vs 4+Physical
    Damage: (1d12+30)[35]
    Trapped for: (1d4+1)[3]

Shift to bottom left corner I forget the map numbers...

Edit: A10, and SWEET GODS YES!

No moving and eat that 1d20 with no stats!
    Last edited by Major; 2012-02-08 at 11:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You sense that Nordul is his most loyal pokemon, possibly his first. Yes, he is at 4.
    Sand kicks up around Nordul! He is currently pinned in one spot! He has taken 21 damage! Nordul is at 48 HP!
    (1d20)[19]
    "Hang in there, Nordul!"
    Nordul takes 19 more damage! Nordul is at 29 HP!

"It's perfectly okay, sir. Most psychic pokemon are normally overconfident, so it's nice to meet one who isn't for a change. We're having a special today, all training for just 25 poke per trainer. However, the target range is still being restocked."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-09 at 12:16 AM.