New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Ugh...this is getting annoying. Alright, it wants to stay hidden we can follow it. Apparently it doesn't realize you can dig also. Head underground and follow it! We will bury this thing!

Spoiler
    Show

Shift underground if Gliscor is within 6 squares I can see him and will head to him to punch in the face with faint attack. If not then I'll wait.

No point in me rolling it. It auto-hits and no matter the damage it'll knock out Gliscor. But if you insist...

(1d10+33)[43]

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

Most of Douglas' pokemon yelped in pain when the dart struck. Sensing pattern recognition, Vicuņa attempted to sidestep the area where Zach had just fallen - to no avail, as a new trapdoor opened beneath them. Was the entire floor composed of trapdoors?

That actually seemed quite probable, given ninjas and mazes and the like. Still, said thoughts faded as they fell into darkness.

He couldn't move.

"Doctor, will he ever wake up?"

What? I'm awake now!

"He's very likely to do so - his vital signs have finally stabalized, and his breathing - while still ragged - is also stable. All that's left is to wait for him to open his eyes."

Why can't I open my eyes? Who is that?

"Did he just squeeze my hand?"

Yes!

"May have been a muscle spasm."

No it wasn't! I'm awake! Why can't I move? What happened to Guanaco? Where am I?

"No this time I'm sure of it. Douglas, if you can hear me, squeeze my hand again."

I'm squeezing! What's going on? Where's Guanaco?

"If you can hear me now, stop."

Mom?

"He can hear me!"

"It's good that he's regained the use of his arms so relatively quickly, given the severity of the accident. His legs, however..."

My legs? What's wrong with my legs? Why can't I talk? Where's Guanaco? Why is this happening again?

Wait. This isn't happening again.

No, wait. This is just what's going through my head. I can't move, just like when... when...

No. I can move.

Douglas, open your eyes!

And with that mental shout to himself, his eyes opened. Breathing was rough again - just like immediately after his accident. He hazily remembered something about a paralytic poison - obviously it was acting up on his still-weakened frame. He clenched a fist. No. He'd spent far too long lying in bed unable to move.

And up came one hand, causing his machoke to halt. "N-" He gagged for a moment as a spasm overcame him. "No."

Truse watched him nervously as he staggered to his feet, the extremely slow movement of the treadmill still throwing off his balance. Once there, he took a tottering step to steady himself... then smirked.

"Truse, o-of course I can't do this alone with my bad legs - and of course my family can help me. But - "

He was interrupted as the treadmill accelerated noticably. Biting his lip to try to keep himself going, he started moving - it became a little easier to move the more he did it.

"But! This is not the best I can do."

Left, right, left, right. "And what kind of a trainer would I be if - "

Then he tripped, again, landing hard on his face. The impact dazed him briefly, but again he got up without Truse's help. His legs shouted in agony as he did so.

Rather than finish his unfinished statement, however, he glanced towards Calzoncillo. The machop was slowing down, visibly exhausted.

"Ca..." Douglas exhaled - too worn to use full names. "Zon! Come on!"

The machop turned to him, visibly exhausted from the treadmill. Douglas's legs ached as he continued, "Faster!"

"ChoooOOop." (I'm tired!)

"You wanted to battle, right? What kind of a battler gives up without giving - giving it his all?"

After all, Douglas could cheat on the subject - he knew humanshape physiologies very well. The reason the machop was tired and sore was because his heart was really working for the first time. This was sending all kinds of pins and needles to mostly his arms, and would leave his legs particularly sore. But watching his sides expand and contract, watching his tail as it shifted, watching his arms piston - the machop was clearly just quitting while he was ahead.

And thus he got a shove forward. "Keep going, Zon!"

The nidoran was watching him pointedly as he continued to race, glancing to his other pokemon. Truse was dogging along, as was Vicuņa - he'd figured that. Truse could probably run forever, albeit slowly - the paralysis was effecting the numel a good deal more. Tundra, however, was looking a bit more ragged. The treadmill's speed had also reached the point where Douglas could no longer continue on his own. Summarily, reaching forward, he grabbed firm hold of the nidoran male - who's eyes widened.

"I've - urgh - already got whatever they did flowing through my blood - I'm sure there's not r-room for two." He clasped on tightly to the nidoran, cutting his hand slightly. The nidoran almost stopped for a moment before continuing to go forward - Truse still looked on a little worried.

"Keep going."

Tundra glanced at Douglas, who nodded. "Nono - I can see it's effecting you a lot more than Zon. But keep trying - you can go a bit more."

In the tree's case, it wasn't the paralysis insomuch as the actual running step. Bluntly enough, it wasn't really in his bodyshape to be moving quickly, but he did keep trying. Douglas glanced at the Nidoran whom he was holding onto.

"You okay?"

The nidoran didn't respond - just watching him as he put the majority of his weight on the poison pokemon. Looking up, he noted that Tundra was clearly reaching the end of his line, and the paralysis was really beginning to wear on Vicuņa.

"Okay - Tundra, pick up Zon!"

The snover's eyes widened, as Douglas urged, "It'll be rough, but I know you can. Shoulders!"

And, after a rough moment, the snover did indeed manage to hoist the relatively light fighting pokemon. There was a moment of tremendous worry as he nearly toppled over in doing so - which wasn't helped by the machop clutching on far more tightly than was needed - but he was there.

"Vic, Truse, don't fall back - Tundra, catch up to Vic!"

"Nom?"
    "What are - "

"Choke
    !" (Hurry - Douglas sees we're at the end.)

And Tundra... tried. Which was when Douglas did note - he wouldn't make it. He glanced to the nidoran he was holding.

"Help him from behind - push him. Avoid hitting him with your spines, though."

And he released. The effect on him was immediate - he staggered and stumbled and was swiftly moved backwards. The Nidoran paused for a critical moment, a bit surprised at the action, before nudging the snover forward.

Fortunately for Douglas, Truse knew his trainer well enough to catch onto his goal - as the machoke took over as his trainer was in no condition to speak. "Ma - machoke! Choke choke!" (Tundra, push Zon on Vic! Vic, this way! Zon, get ready to jump!)

The snover gratefully shoved the machop off him before sliding backwards. Vicuņa could keep going a bit more, but did head towards Truse. Zon blinked. 'Get ready to jump'?

Both Zon and Vicuņa were surprised when Truse hoisted the two of them in the air, spun around once for momentum, and hurled them as though they combined were a baseball.

Vicuņa kept his head as they soared. "NOM!" (ZON!)

He nearly didn't react in time - had Vicuņa hit the ground, that would've been it, as the impact would've sent him backwards on the treadmill. But fortunately, the shout did wake up the young exhausted machop - who leapt forward.

Now, nobody had expected, at all, the machop to evolve in the air.

The abrupt change in mass and size sent a 'slightly aimed jump' into a 'fall in that direction', resulting in him slamming into the podium which held the antidote with a perplexed, "Choke?!" But once the antidote fell onto the treadmill itself, it was the work of a moment for the combined efforts of Tundra and Douglas to grab it.

And technically... the treadmill hadn't been going all that fast, but apparently neither Douglas nor none of Douglas' pokemon knew what a speed was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a very exhausted Douglas who essentially limped back into the reception area, plopping down again and massaging his legs. "Phew! Maybe I should make it a point to remind people that my legs are shoddy."

He glanced over his pokemon. "Although I have to comment on the efficicency - wow! I've never seen even an evolver coax a machop to evolution that quickly! Not to mention these two." His voice was intentionally cheery and pleasant, as that was how he preferred to deal with the fact that his legs were throbbing whirlwinds of agonizing knives at the moment.

"RUPT!" Vicuņa stamped the ground, causing the localized area to shake temporarily. The camerupt paused for a moment, not expecting that amount of force, but that just caused him to smile more. "Rupt." He stated, notably more calmly.

Douglas glanced to the nidoran. "One moment." He then patted Calzoncillo on the shoulder - the new machoke was staring at his hands. "Told you you could do it, Calzoncillo."

"Choke?" Zon clutched at his neck, unused to his new voice. Douglas smiled, then turned to the nidorino.

"So, let me see if I guessed right. You were seeing how much I was focusing. You were testing to see if I'd give up on my own, or what I'd do when it turned out I couldn't really finish on my own, which you figured I couldn't given my legs. That's in large part why you didn't attempt to race forward on your own."

The nidorino blinked, as Douglas patted him on the head - in a way that didn't cut himself. "Isn't that right, Vito?"

And Douglas sat down again, smiling - as the nidorino smiled back. "Vito Cascio. Big C for short." And, fumbling about his backpack, he plopped a backwards blue cap on the nidorino's head - which fit as it belonged there.

And he exhaled - time to take a breather.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tony has a chair ready for you, near the desk.
    "Here you go, man. Any of you guys need one too?"
    He looks through the pokemon roster, smiling at each of them. His pokemon are notably absent.

(DOesn't landing and digging count as moving twice, Major? Regardless, you have a point, and I think Zayne would have the initiative next round anyway, so...)
    Zayne digs under. There's the sound of a scuffle, before Imp gets slammed through the floor hard. Imp is unconscious!
    "Rrrrrr...Gullet, it's all on you!"
    He recalls Imp and lets loose the swalot near him. (B10)
    (Isn't Tina still conscious?)

"Thanks for recalling your magmar! Most of the other trainers always 'forget' to recall their muks and grimers. However, these guys really help with fixing the damage."
    He gestures to a couple bellsprout who walk over in their wobbly way, and trim the grass. Shortly, it's sprouting back to even length with the rest.
    "So, what can I help you with? I just need to finish watering Titan here so he doesn't get cranky first."

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    (Tina: 8HP, Star -7, Zayne: Full health)

Kara grinned and clapped her hands as she saw the dangerous pokemon get knocked out. Due to the danger of acrobatics had it not succeeded she was considering surrendering to not risk Zayne's death. However with this success things were finally turning in her favor.

Stay underground until you get close!

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure what square I'm in since I moved to where Imp was, but if I can I want to move six squares away from Swallot then pop up and use sand tomb. If I can't stay underground, but move closer.

Accuracy : (1d20)[6] vs 4+defense
    Damage: (1d12+30)[41]
    Trapped for: (1d4+1)[3]

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

He was directly next to you, sorry that I forgot to specify.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    In that case I can't hit him yet so I stay underground and shift to E4.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah. He was the least of my worries. I was more worried about Nox eating something he shouldn't. Don't worry, take your time. I actually came for a battle, if that's alright. Era here needs to get up to speed with everyone else, and I need to get used to actually fighting with her."
    I want to actually fight for once. Watching gets boring, and training is no substitute for real experience.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas was definitely thankful as he plopped down into the chair Tony had prepared. Most of his pokemon seemed more okay with standing - Truse standing immediately adjacent to Douglas as usual - but Gel did hop into his lap with a happy, "Ditto!"

"Thank you, Tony." Douglas then paused, noting Big C. "Huh. That used to be quite a bit smaller - have you seen anything a birthmark like it before?" He then asked aloud, pointing at Big C's glyph. "Very odd."

He glanced around, wanting to compare it to Tony's, but that was when he really noticed that Tony didn't have any about. "Actually, where are your pokemon, Tony?"

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Ninja fort training. They're doing pretty well."
    One eye's glowing green. Just another oddity really.
    "Anyway, what-huh."
    He crouches down and stares at the glyph on Big C's chest. Upper ribcage, purplish green in color, it just seems odd.
    "Fealty...that's a new one. Doug, where did you meet Big C?"

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

Ninja fort training? Huh, apparently he didn't have to go along. Curious, but not for Douglas to comment about. He massaged his legs again for a moment before responding.

"In the Safari zone, actually. Vito Cascio was with a small pack of nidorans, nidorinos, and nidorinas. A nidoqueen was watching over them."

He then crossed his arms. "You said 'fealty' though - you recognize this?"

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Yeah...they're pretty rare. It's a glyph. More specifically a dead language that sometimes pops up on pokemon without warning."
    Some green runes pulse around his hands, as he investigates it more, gently touching the nidorino and avoiding the spines. (Ancient Pulse)
    "First time really getting to see one, though. And you said the Safari Zone?"

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

"Huh."

Douglas kept an eye on Vito, who didn't seem to mind Tony's action in particular. He did notice Truse still had his hands full with Calzoncillo. Thus, he nodded. "A dead language on pokemon? I wonder who was trying to send the message."

He shook his head. "It does sound more like a coincidence to me. Still, it got a lot bigger when he evolved."
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-02-19 at 06:11 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Well you never know. They're also rumored to have strange properties. A rune master might be able to tell you more about this, but this is just right over my head."

"Gullet, uh...away from your location and use amnesia! If it pops up near you, blast it!"
    With that, Gullet looks confused for a minute, before wandering down to A6.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-12 at 06:44 PM.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The gardener finishes, before looking around.
    "Okay, now then, which one of you wants a match?"
    He looks around at the surrounding pokemon, before a tiny bulbasaur steps forward.
    "Feeling adventurous today, Oak? Alright then. Ready!"
    The plant types clear an area a bit further away, making a roughly clear area for Era and Oak.
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
    1|||||N||||||
    2|||||||||||
    3|||||O||||||
    4|||||||||||
    5|||||||||||
    6|||||||||||
    7|||||||||||
    8|||||||||||
    9|||||||||||
    10|||||Z|||||
    [/table]

N-Gardener Nicholas
    O-Oak
    Z-Zach
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-12 at 11:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

(Electricity in Physics was harder than I thought. Sorry for the delay.)

"Okay Era, give it your best! Start the battle in your favor!" Era walks out in front of Zachariah, slightly nervous, then splits into three copies which run around the field.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Era starts in F9. She uses Double Team, moving to A8 (Copy 1), C6 (Copy 2) and G7 (Copy 3), AC to hit is raised by 2 on all copies
    Actual Location (Be honest)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Copy 2

HP: 49/49

Show

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(It's okay, I was just getting it set for tomorrow mostly.
    As a side note, apparently bulbasaurs have speed 5, beating you by one. Did not know that.)
    "Start the kid off easy, Oak, with a razor leaf."

Spoiler
    Show
    1|||||N||||||
    2|||||||||||
    3|||||||||||
    4|||||||||||
    5|||||||||||
    6||||||O|||||
    7|||||||||||
    8|||||||||||
    9|||||||E||||
    10|||||Z|||||
    [/table]

(1d20)[2] Attack, must beat 4+evasion
    (2d10+15)[31]
    Then she splits into three pieces.
    "Decisions, decisions...razor leaf number (1d3)[2]!"

Spoiler
    Show
    1|||||N||||||
    2|||||||||||
    3|||||||||||
    4|||||||||||
    5|||||||||||
    6|||E2|||O|||||
    7||||||||E3|||
    8|E1||||||||||
    9|||||||||||
    10|||||Z|||||
    [/table]

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Ow, sorry. Anyway, here's the second part.)
    (1d20)[7] again, attack, 4+evasion
    (2d10+15)[21]

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The dice hate any attempt at strategy it seems. You hit the real one right away. 19 damage, HP: 30/49

The first barage of leaves goes everywhere but where it should. The second is less forgiving, slicing at the real Era right away. The illusions fade."Well so much for that strategy. Era, let's be a bit more direct. Use Confusion!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    AC: (1d20)[17] Hits on 2+SpD, Confuses on 19-20
    Damage: (2d8+15)[28]x2 (SE)

Yikes, hope I didn't kill Oak.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-02-13 at 01:27 AM.

Show

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Well, since you didn't crit, it's...16*2=32 damage. Over half his hitpoints, but still standing.)
    Oak gets slammed by the psychic energy, before shaking his head.
    "Bulba!"
    "Now you know why he's named Oak. Sturdiest bulbasaur in his family. Vine whip, Oak!"
    Twin tendrils extend from his back, and lash at Era.
    (1d20)[19] attack, 2+evasion
    (2d6+15)[24]
    (Crits only happen on a 20 unless otherwise noted, right?)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-02-13 at 01:34 AM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

(Yep, only 20s unless stated. Wow, quite the SpD on that thing.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    21 damage, HP: 9/49

"Took that better than I expected. Again, Era!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confusion
    AC: (1d20)[15] Hits on 2+SpD, Confuse on 19-20
    Damage: (2d8+15)[22]

Show

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Sorry, forgot the normal bit. Before, Oak had 18 HP.
    Oak has been hit! Oak is at -2 HP! (12 sp. def, (22-12)*2=20) Era wins! And I'm too tired to do the math for exp tonight.
    "You won! Congrats, kid!"
    He slips out a berry, crushes it, and drips the juice into Oak's mouth. Oak is now conscious again.
    Gardener Nicholas is defeated! You receive 500 poke!

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

"Good match. I was worried when you just saw right through those copies. Nice job, Era!" Era jumps and hugs her trainer. I had an advantage! Of course I'd have won!
    Admit it, you were close to fainting from exhaustion.
    Era just laughs. I'll never admit it! Zachariah thanks the trainer for the good match, then after looking at the garden for a bit longer leaves to find everyone else.

Show

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Honestly, that was just sheer luck on my part. Oh, before you go, take some of these to help her feel better!"
    He pulls out a few berries, and hands them to Era.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you! She eats the berries and begins feeling better almost immediatly.

Show

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Not so great when the sides are reversed is it?" Kara ask with a smirk.

You got this Zayne! Beat this punk up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Shift toF4, Sand Tomb.

Accuracy: (1d20)[14] vs 4+physical evasion
    Damage: ( (1d12+30)[39] - defense) x2
    Trapped: (1d4+1)[5]

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Gullet gets enveloped by sand and falls.
    "...Just get off my floor. And read this, assuming you can."
    Read wha-you narrowly duck as a book sails over your head, and knocks a wall over, revealing stairs. Money falls out as it sail overhead. You defeated Ninja Kid forgotten name! You get 4000 poke!

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara smirks, "Awwwww you mad bro?" She ask mockingly before running over to Star, ignoring the book for now. She closes her eyes and touches the pokemon sending healing energy to the Staryu. Once she has finished she goes over to the book and the stairs. She picks and up and flips through it as she heads up the stairs.

Spoiler
    Show

Healing Power on Star: (2d12+16)[28]
    Healing Power on Tina: (2d12+16)[33]

Will roll more in ooc if they need it.
    Edit: Actually, just gonna spend a "light healing power" instead of rolling in the ooc. Since Tina has 20/30 and light heals a minimum of 11HP I'm fine.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-02-13 at 03:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You flip through the League rulebook as you go, losing your excuse for randomly lashing out at the environment or other trainers more and more as you climb the stairs. They stop at a wall with a button on this side, that you press. This leads to a very similar garden to the one Zach was just in. A skorupi wanders by the entrance, before giving a friendly claw wave.
    In the middle, there is a grown man tending to a massive vileplume (as in roughly 30 feet in diameter huge), with an equally huge victreebell hanging from the ceiling, watching for prey to enter its mouth. He's accompanied by a drapion and ariados helping him carry tools and fertilizers, as he checks several half buried eggs.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground

"A rune master. Huh. Well, thank you for bringing it to my attention - I'd never heard of glyphs before. Man - I must've learned more unique terms during the past three or four days than I have during my entire schooling career."

He paused. "Also, it comes to mind that I didn't answer you before, did I, Tony? I absolutely wouldn't mind helping expand your family if you'd like - and you're right in that puppies are very sought after by many a youth, so I'd definitely be able to find the remainder of the litter good homes."

"Rupt!" Vicuņa nudged Douglas. A little roughly in fact - it would've knocked the breeder out of his chair had the camerupt not checked himself at the end. And a bit further away, Truse had his hand on Calzoncillo's shoulder - Douglas had missed what the new machoke had been attempting to do before he was halted.

"Seems the guys want to spend some time being more active and running about." Douglas chuckled. "One minute though - my legs are still killing me."

"On that note, though." He turned to the receptionist. "Your gym helped my family out a good deal - did you need any help with something? It couldn't be more obvious that I'm no ninja, but there may be something I can still help with."

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Hey!" Kara yelled dropping the book and waving. "You there! Sir! Are you Mr. Kogauraj?" She asked loudly.