New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Douglas actually noticed the theft. Trouble was, it always took him a couple moments longer than most to process information, so what to do about it took him a couple moments longer. In no small margin because he didn't really understand the point of stealing - he hadn't ever been in that situation, and the league always had plenty of positions avaliable for work.

Truse's own personal reaction didn't care somuch about things - so long as Douglas was unharmed, he wouldn't immediately jump.

Still, Zach's comment jarred Douglas into action. "Zon - get ready!"

Still, Douglas was much more for the kid stopping. Thus, he held on, for just a second more.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-04-05 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Somehow it typed an earlier version of the post...
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Major: Typhon tries to charge forward, ignoring the water gun as it holds up an arm, blocking the water as Tina manages to wrap around his torso.
    (1d20-2)[0]-resist paralysis
    (1d20)[12]-poison jab
    (2d12+39)[46]

He tries to slam down with his fist, dripping poison. Meanwhile, his mate faints.
    "Murphy, you're up!"
    And out of the next pokeball pops a four winged, purple bat.

Kantolin and Esprit: The kid keeps running, and is picking up speed.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Now it gets fun. Zachariah takes off after the guy, flat out sprinting to gain ground.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Movement is 3+CON/2 if I remember right, and one can give up a trainer action to go that distance again. Zachariah runs 12 spaces until he catches up to the boy.
    He grabs the hexing charm that he made and feels the power in it. After he passes the boy, he runs a few meters ahead just to make sure that he has time. He turns around and with a bit of help from some conjured fire, does his best to scare the wits out of the boy. "I SAID STOP!" He speaks it as though he were talking to Nox, yelling it in his mind but speaking calmly verbally. Zachariah's eyes lock on the boy's, a small flame visible in one hand.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Use Glare
    Lose 10 HP. 130/140
    AC: (1d20)[19] Hits on 3
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara sighs. Things were going badly and she had only taken out two of the gym leaders pokemon. However most of hers were weak, tired, or not very skilled at battling.

She paused trying to decide if she should quit or try a little longer. She hated this fighting...and what was it for? Just to get permission to train for free? Because the guy was a jerk?

She shook her head. She couldn't give up. Her pride was on the line and she wasn't one to just roll over and quit. However as she opened her mouth to order the next set of attacks she froze. Why was she fighting? Because she hated losing? Was her dislike for losing worth the fighting and hurt of her friends? Sure they had wanted to get stronger, but when the alternative would just cost her a little money what was the point.

"Stop. It's not worth it." Kara called out raising her hand to signal her friends for stopping. "It's not worth watching my friends get beat up just to train them for free." She said softly. "I started this thinking it was just a hide and seek match and then refused to give up out of stubbornness. But this isn't worth it..." She ran over to Zayne and put her hands on him to send healing. "I forfeit. I'll take the loss to my pride to end their pain. I'm just causing them to get hurt because I don't know what I'm doing."

She hugged Zayne as he started to wake up, "I'm sorry..."

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh, he'd kept running.

"Get in front of him, Zon! Don't let him run away!"

Zon paused, and glanced at the person Douglas was pointing at. "Choke?"(Him?)

Truse rolled his eyes. "Choke!" (Yes! Hurry!)

And eagerly, Zon dashed forward. To the machoke, however, this was just more of a race (Or maybe just a run) than any actual problem. He did enjoy running now, though, so he took off with gusto, trying to get in front of the kid Douglas had pointed at.

Douglas, with Truse aiding, plodded along quite slowly after them.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Major: "You give up? Good. For the damage you've done, get the Muking Hell out of my gym."

Duo: The kid makes the mistake of looking back, and his legs lock up in fear mid stride, sending him sprawling. Zach and Zon catch up easily, as the kid picks himself up jerkily.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

"Why didn't you stop?" Again, the voice rings in the boy's head while his spoken voice remains calm. "My threat was clear." He lifts the wallets out of the boy's hands and into one hand, his other still crackling with flame. "Doug, come get your wallet!"

Show

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Then take better care of your pokemon. You leave a bunch of pokemon around bombs and then blame the person who sets them off? People like you shouldn't own pokemon." She said before storming out of the gym and rushing to the pokemon center with her friends. She couldn't heal all those injuries without an entire days worth and she knew it.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

They are healed! Now what?

Group: The kid stutters in fear as he looks at Zach, still paralyzed. Flashes of people beating him unless he paid protection filter past.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

Ambrule fades back into existence over Zachariah's shoulder."Well, out with it! Why shouldn't I set fire to you and leave, aside from my own bad conscience? I told you to stop and made it clear what I would do if you didn't stop." Heck, I have a Zweilous who hasn't eaten in a few hours. Why shouldn't I just feed you to him? "I want to act like a decent person, but your actions tell me that you though you could get away from me." Zachariah pauses as he sees the flashes of thought. The voice immediately becomes more sympathetic. Hm, that's not a half bad reason. Who are you paying and what from? "Doug, call off Zon. He's semi-justified by the looks of it." The fire in his hands fades to a degree, and his muscles relax somewhat, though he's still ready to torch the kid if he somehow tries to run.

Show

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara looks around for Tony still feel a bit upset. She wanted to at least say goodbye before heading back to Viridian Forest. As she looked around, she also realized she should head to the Safari Zone and let them know she'd be gone for a while.

While she wouldn't tell Tony or the Safari Zone, the truth was she wanted to be alone with her friends for a while back at Viridian Forest. She'd consider going back and helping at the Safari Zone once the shock and sadness she felt had lessened.

Eventually after saying her goodbyes, she flies back to Viridian Forest with her friends.

======================

Aeon continued traveling through the forest pushing her way past bushes grumbling. She had been trying to take a shortcut to Fuschia City and was now lost.

"Should have stayed on the damn path..."
    She growled as she waited for Custos to come back from scouting. Due to his ability to fly she had found a clearing and released him to head up and scout out the area.

After a moment the pokemon returns and with a quick telepathic conversation Aeon starts heading in the direction of Fushia City.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Major: Tony promises to visit Kara, while the Safari Zone gives her a pokegear if she wanted to return.

---
    As Aeon wandered through the woods, with night setting in, she hears music from the north. Like someone playing a guitar, but with many voices whispering things not quite understood in the background.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

After a bit of wandering she starts to hear something. Reaching for her pokeballs, she once again draws the one with Custos on and releases the weird looking pokemon.

"Time to do your thing..." She whispers as she lifts her right hand and focuses. She feels a bit of her life force leave her as it enters the pokemon. "Scout ahead...see what it is. Stayed invisible until we know what it is."

Spoiler
    Show

Channeling Sigilyph. Since it is my pokemon I roll a zero on the channel check. While channeled I can see and hear what that pokemon does due to experience shared.

Goal: Send sigilyph to investigate. Sigilyph is using its capability of "invisibility". Thus an invisible spy that I can see and hear through.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Glyph floats through the air, and finds his way through the woods. He eventually finds a human male playing a green guitar with weird glyphs on it, arms glowing with similar marks, sitting against a tree. Two hounds sit curled up near him.
    (Make a stealth check to avoid getting sniffed out)

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

"Chooooke." (Awwwww!) Zon was sad when the kid tripped over. Ruined a perfectly good race. The machoke remained put and kind of pouted a little bit.

Douglas stepped forward - he finally caught up to the two after a pause in the interim while he was moving. He only caught the end of Zachariah's angry responses, but as he arrived the other had seemed to have calmed a moment.

He spent a couple more moments just staring at the kid's eyes. Honestly, it was preplexing for him more than anything else.

"...so?" He questioned. And, after a moment, "What prompted that?"

Truse was a little confused by the statement - obviously the kid wanted money and was willing to do whatever to get it. But he had no method of noting this, and thus remained silent - he trusted Douglas' judgement anyway.

(Edit: And post is now fixed to fit in. Proceed)
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-04-13 at 08:23 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Paranoia fills Aeon as she sees the man. Why would a man with hounds be out this far unless he was looking for something? Was it her? Was this man a member of Team Rocket. While ordering Custos to try and stay out of range of the smell she quickly begins drawing on her mystic power to try and scan the man.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if I add anything other than the +5 so add anything else I don't know about. Stealth: (1d20+5)[12]

Hopefully I won't get caught, but either way since Aeon is a safe distance away, but capable of seeing him I'll be trying to imitate him:
    (1d20+7)[17] <-if higher than the man's wisdom OR con score (either or) I shapeshift into him and gain the following:

1) A feature off his character sheet...so uhh...yah, you might want to send me a list or something. (Well...I get to look and see if I want to take anything. It's daily only so I probably won't and if you haven't stated him don't worry about this step)
    2) complete and perfect memory of what the person you’re imitating was doing during the past 7 hours (obviously just sum it up unless I need to ask something specific)
    3) a PERFECT replication. IE: gear, appearance, and even my aura match the mans. Do note gear I copy is appearance only and has no special effects.

Features Used: Imposter/Perfect Imposter, Like a book, maybe Talent Thief
    Last edited by Major; 2012-04-13 at 08:34 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(See Tony and choose one.)
    (1d20)[7]-must beat 17
    (1d20)[2]-must beat 17
    He was in fact looking for her, but not for the Rockets. No, he was requested to by...a friend. A big, black, white, red, and gold friend who ushers the souls of the dead to their rest named Giratina.
    He's spent the past three hours waiting for someone the big legendary said he's supposed to help show up. Before that, counseling for departed pokemon, saying goodbye to a friend, and having a long conversation with a grimer on why not to hug, then running like hell from the overly friendly grimer.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-04-13 at 09:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

The memories and images quickly raced through her mind as she tried to balance them. Realizing who she was, she was a bit surprised and also worried. On one hand, he was like her just for a different legendary. On the other hand however she wasn't a big fan of Giratina and she doubted Giratina had good intentions for the Hand of the Eon.

Still, his actions for the past seven hours seemed mostly ones of kindness and apparently he was supposed to help her, not hurt her. With this in mind, she called Custos back to her, shifted back to her normal form, and headed towards the man.

As she stepped through the bushes and into site, she raised an eyebrow unsure his exact title, but freshly away that he had been blessed by Rayquazza, but also aided the Lord of Death. "Touched of the Grand Dragon, Singer of the Soothing Song, and Aid to the Lord of Death, for what reason do you seek me?" She asked crossing her arms, "Is there a specific title you prefer? I'm afraid my knowledge of you has a strange mix of possible titles and I'm unsure what they call you." She notes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eh, I'll save Talent Theft for now. Was debating remedial first aid, but I'll wait
    Last edited by Major; 2012-04-13 at 09:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

John found himself doing the dame thing he did everyday. Playing with the Lapras in the zoo, when all of a sudden he hears a cry of surprise. He turns around and sees one of the local kids pickpocketing some travelers.

At first he thinks nothing of it. Why should he anyway? He wasn't a police officer, he wasn't the kids parents, and he really didn't want to get involved... But something told him almost like some sort of suggestion, that he should go check it to make sure that everyone is okay.

He turns to the Lapras and saysI'll be back soon, I got to see what is going on over there. The Lapras nods like it understands him and goes back to swimming around in its pen.

John jogs over there and at this points sees the kid frozen in fear from threats of being burned alive. Then he sees it. Fire in the mans hands... He must be another Pyschic John thinks to himself... This might not end well.

Hey. he says jogging up to the group. Why would you want to burn him? He's been caught, you got what you have lost, and you nearly scared him half to death. Let him go. He says doing the best he can to stay level headed and control his power. The longer he can keep it in reserve the better he thinks to himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Either my conscience told me to do that, or it was the Lapras using its telepathy. DM's choice.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

Damian hears the voice, but does not turn. It is only a simple precaution now. He has stolen, I have said to return our money or he will recieve burns, he continued to run, I have scared him enough to cut off some nerve function, he pleads his case. It is more civil than it seems. I'm sure you're well intentioned, but things are well. He might end up going free with his clothing not converted to carbon dioxide already. Right now it is only to discourage some foolish attempt to flee. The only injuries he has obtained all are from his own actions. He has good health, if not a bit of fear. He keeps the flame ready, though he thinks the boy has the intelligence to not act when he's surounded and partially paralyzed. Ambrule, watch the newcomer. He seems that he could do something...ill advised. He turns to the boy on the ground, speaking this time. "Who are you paying for protecting you, and from what or who? If you tell me, I can be able to help you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to better play out his not speaking English as a first language. I'll switch to normal if it is of annoyance.

Show

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Group: "Th...Steelix Tails."
    The kid manages to stutter that out, now surrounded. His thoughts begin darting towards how likely he is to survive this and how you could've known that.
    (Welcome aboard Nosugre)

Major: The man stops slowly, and looks up.
    "Tony works."
    He works his way up, patting the hounds on their heads as he does so, smiling.
    "I seek you because they were asked by a mutual friend of yours and theirs. Red and white, flies all over the place, one off the most widespread legendaries. Sound familiar?"
    (Looking at Latias and Latios, apparently there are herds of them.)

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, but why is it necessary to pay them for protection?" He sees just how panicked the kid is and the fire in his hand disappears. "Do not have fear, it is probable that you will survive this in one piece." He pauses, then speaks directly to the boy. Never steal from a psychic. If you hear voices in your head telling you 'Stop,' you stop, you appologize, you go on your way. "Doug, you have anything to add?" He forgot that he said that specifically to the boy.

Show

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Their leader...he's a Legends damn maniac! Dropped a Steelix through a house to get one guy! Killed his whole family!"
    John, make an intelligence check to see if you've heard about them or are too uninvolved in street crime/watching the news to know.

24. - Top - End - #1044

HalflingRangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Intelligence check (1d20+3)[2](5)

He is just a boy... and you are threating to burn to the ground! What would you do if the positions were reversed?! He asked sounding extreemly annoyed at the mans choice of words.

Now looking directly at the boy.How did you get involved with the Steelix tails? he asked the boy in a non threating voice, almost as if he was having the conversation with him.

Now deciding to use his powers he uses telepathy to tell fire hand over there Do you have any idea what it like to be the little guy? Lighten up a little man.. That being said he tries to remember everything he can about the Steelix tails.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

"He stole. He is a theif. If I had fallen into crime, I would expect sometimes someone to lash back. It is a part of the work. Were things to be reversed and for some reason I ignored a direct telepathic warning, I would likely expect an outcome like this. He should think he is lucky, actually. Had I not dabbled in Hexing, be would likely have taken great damage. Again, he is only stunned, not injured." He is growing annoyed. Why can't people just go about living their own lives? Have people stopped believing in any sort of punishment for actions? "They seem bad." Idiot! How can you not think up a better word than bad! "I can see why you do not want to make them angry. What entangled you with them?"

Show

26. - Top - End - #1046

HalflingRangerGuy

Did I say we should just let him go with out being punished?John asks the fiery handed one.I agree he should be punished because he knows stealing is wrong, but it was probably protect his family or himself from harm. You would probably do the same thing if you were in his shoes.Trying staying level headed. he really hates it when people twist his words around and say assume things that he never said.

Did you get back what was stolen from you? he asked in a annoyed tone.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

"Voilą, right here." He holds up the two wallets. "I am familiar with his motive. However, if he wishes to get by on this, he must do a better job. We caught him, I told him to return our money if he did not wish to be harmed. He ignored us, and at this time I am actually showing mercy. I just wish to understand what prompted his actions."

Show

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas glanced from Zachariah, to the newcomer, and back again. His mind skimmed through a couple possible options on 'what could he do to impede this increasing annoyance on both sides'.

Finally, he raised his voice a touch, hoping to direct the conversation to the youth. "That sounds pretty scary!" He said, in a kind way, opting to respond to his Steelix comment. Truse kept his face level, but could see through that one - this was Douglas in a 'Okay, how can I try to fix this' sort of mentality, not actual worry.

Keeping his voice down again, he kept himself closer to the kid's height. "What exactly did you need to do? Is it a quota of money you need to deliver? Take from us in specific?"

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"There's a quota...he's getting any homeless people he can intimidate to pay him to not have their heads caved in by his gang. Only one guy's left, after he refused to kill five people at a festival, from what I hear."

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Why did they send you instead of speaking directly to me?" She ask unsure how she felt. On one hand she had scanned his memory and he was telling the truth, but it seemed odd even still. "Nonetheless, let's hear what they need due to that being the highest priority if the Latis need me."