New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Seeing her blank stare at him, Tesla sighed. "I would have thought I would have left more of an impression. Anyway, it is I Nikola Tesla! Inventor extraordinaire!" He paused for dramatic effect. "We were in the orphanage in Saffron City together. I made you that wind-up Ponyta for your 6th Birthday, remember?" He extended out the struts on the arm to have it rest comfortably while they talked.
    Last edited by Prospector; 2012-01-02 at 12:39 PM.
    Awesome Avatar by Darth Raynn.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Avatar by Szilard. Other Awesome Avatars by Darth Raynn.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

"It's nothing at all."Zachariah then responds more quietly to the man so Tara and the others can't hear. "It's not every day you see a psychic loose their temper. We tend to be pretty well controlled, or at least that's been my experience." After helping a few more people, Zachariah goes back to the battle deck to find Ambrule. He finds her watching a battle between a Rattata and a Shuckle. Neither was doing much to the other. "Just watching battles can get so boring. Can I try one?"
    "What do you mean try? You've been in plenty!"
    The Litwick just laughs, which from a ghost, even friendly, is always an unpleasant sound. "You know what I mean."
    "Yes, but you know I have to mess with you just like you with me. Come on." He then goes into the crowd of trainers, asking for a friendly 1v1 battle.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-02 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Needed to specify the battle type
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Orphanage?"
    He glances to Kara, then to Tesla.
    "I think we...ah..."
    "Cubone?" (Should let them talk?)
    "Thanks, Lil'Helper. Name's Tony, this is Doug, maybe we should stand out of the way for this one?"

Meanwhile, Flare has picked up a familiar scent. Wandering into the crowds of trainers, she eventually finds the source as Zach looks for a fight. Zach, you and Ambrule run into a familiar houndour, tail wagging at the sight of you two.
    "Howoo!" (Cousins!)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Oh!" Kara said recognizing him and feeling a bit embarrassed. Sure it had been eight years, but she still had the wind-up toy back at Viridian forest in the tent she slept in.

She blushed a little feeling embarrassed about forgetting and also when she heard Tony ask about the orphanage. She hadn't told him much about her life before Viridian. "I'm uhh...I'm sorry, I try to forget about those times." She mumbled looking away.

Her Pichu sensed her unhappiness and patted her on the check while her eevee purred against her leg. Her dratini and staryu floating on each side of her eased a little closed while the togepi in her arms looked up and gave a cute smile.

"Sorry, I didn't recognize you. Why are you on this boat?"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

"That looks like Flare."
    "It is Flare. Tony was going to get on the ship as well, remember?"
    Zachariah goes up to the Houndour and pets it, while Ambrule floats happily over it's head, occaisionally dripping a bit of wax, which fades into smoke after a few seconds and doing no harm to the Houndour. "Ambrule, I'm going to get some food. You want anything?"
    "That joke was never funny."
    "Yeah, I know. You and Flare play nice." Zachariah goes over to get some food while the two fire types play. He has to go to a different area of the ship thanks to the mess made by Tara, but eventually he finds an undestroyed section of the buffet. He returns with a plate of food and begins eating by the fire types while switching his attention between Ambrule and Flare, several battles, and the group that until recently was fighting.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-02 at 06:48 PM.

Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Nice to meet you, Tony and Doug. So, how did you come to be on this boat?" He subtly uses his terrakinetic ability to settle the remaining sand clouds and put the rocks back in their place.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

"Your one of few people from back then I'm happy to see again. As to why I'm here, I've been in a bit of a creative slump at work as of late. My adoptive father suggested I go on a journey into the world at large. He sent my a ticket after I had been on the road for a few months. Seemed like a nice change of pace from walking everywhere. And what about yourself? How have you been?"

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I've been much better since..." Kara said nodding at the pokemon all around her. "I've got more control over my powers...I mean I uhh tend to lose control sometimes when upset, but mostly I'm good." She says looking around at the mess. "Umm I eventually got tired of being kicked out from one orphanage to another and I went back home to Viridian forest and made a new family." She says with a smile as she indicates each of her pokemon. "I found I can use my powers to understand their thoughts and purest emotions. I can heal them with just a touch and if I focus on my necklace I can even channel some of their power." She said with a smile. "I like them much better than most the humans I know...you were one of the few who wasn't a jerk. I'm really sorry I didn't notice you of all people."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

"Well I'm glad your doing well. I know you had as rough a time as I did with those ignorant neanderthals. I some times wonder if life punishes us for being gifted individuals." Tesla sighs, then glances at her friends. "You seem to be keeping some interesting company." He pauses as if a thought suddenly occurred to him and he smiles. He reaches to his belt and pulled out his pulls out his Pokeballs. "Speaking of company, would you like to meet my research team?"

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Got a ticket through Morty for helping with some restless spirits, personally."
    Lil' Helper jumps off Tony's shoulder and walks over to Peter's team, before patting Eihwaz on the back.
    "Bone ba bone bone." (It's okay. Tony here can help any time.)

Meanwhile, a grinning man with a limp, cane, and seviper sits near Zach, watching the litwick and the houndour. He begins rubbing the seviper under a milky white eye, which doesn't seem to track any of the movement around it. Both seem to sport several scars.
    "You were looking for a fight earlier, correct?"

(Someone give me a spot check, d20+ wis)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-02 at 11:07 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Prospector View Post
    "Well I'm glad your doing well. I know you had as rough a time as I did with those ignorant neanderthals. I some times wonder if life punishes us for being gifted individuals." Tesla sighs, then glances at her friends. "You seem to be keeping some interesting company." He pauses as if a thought suddenly occurred to him and he smiles. He reaches to his belt and pulled out his pulls out his Pokeballs. "Speaking of company, would you like to meet my research team?"
    At the thought of meeting more pokemon from different areas a big grin crossed Kara's face. "Of course!" She said excited. "I love pokemon!"

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

"Well then, you heard the lady," Tesla said as he released his Pokemon. After the flash of light stood four Pokemon. "This one here is my oldest colleague Melchoir. He and I met during the Silph Co. incident that occurred a little after you left. He also plays a mean game of chess."

"Pory pory gon gon pory gon gon pory. (If by 'mean' you beats you on a regular basis then yes)"

Tesla glances at his arm as screen pops up and text scrolls along it. "In your dreams maybe. Moving along, this one here is Caspar. I found him as a literal ghost in the machine. Melchoir and I played quite the game of meowth-and-ratata with him till we finally got him to catch himself in a Pokeball. He still likes to pull techno-pranks every once in a while."

"Ro ro ro tom ro ro tom ro ro tom ro ro tom. (I like to think of them as a means to keep your head from collapsing on itself like a neutron star.)"

"Yeah, yeah. I know, I know. Anyway, the next Relic. He still is a bit of mystery to me but seems agreeable enough fellow. Encountered him on a company dig. And this little one I just caught the other day. I named him Foo, and he is quite young. He was wondering around aimlessly in an industrial park, so I caught him. Now say hello my old friend here gents." And in unison the Pokemon greeted Kara.
    Last edited by Prospector; 2012-01-03 at 01:39 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'll try again for the Wis check
    (1d20-2)[4]

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check: (1d20-4)[0] She's not quite the most...aware girl.

Kara looked over each of the pokemon with a grin. She looked them each up and down and telepathically wished them both hello and channeled her emotions and friendship towards them.

She also nodded at each of her pokemon to say hello and although she didn't say a word it was as if an entire conversation occurred. Her ability to communicate at such a pure and wordless form was one of the reasons she had started to like her powers again. She could carry on conversations in moments and share a bond hardly anybody else could.

She didn't want to seem anti-social however, especially not to Tesla, so after a conversation with her pokemon and his she spoke.

"Umm that's Tina." She said pointing at Dratini. "She was my first friend in Viridian Forest. Not sure why she was there. I've not seen many others like her."

She then pointed at the Staryu, "And that's Star. Star was trapped in some stupid human's filthy fishing net and was in bad shape. Luckily I was able to free and heal them. I never found that hunter, but if I do I'm going to give them a piece of my mind!" She said with a frown.

"Next up is Chuchu,"
    She said scratching the Pichu's ears. "She's just a baby I got from her parents while she was an egg." She pointed at the cute flower attached to the Pichu's ear. "Isn't that flower adorable? It grows in a beautiful meadow deep in Viridian Forest. Most people don't ever see it because of how deep it is...which is good since people would probably ruin the land."

"Toga here I found all alone. I couldn't find his parents and eventually he hatched. He was also left alone without a family..." She says softly as she hugs the togepi close to her.

"My newest one here is Alba,"
    She states as the eevee purrs against her leg. "The boat had some kinda drawing when I first got on board and I got lucky to win her! She is sooooo cute!"

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check: (1d20)[8]

Zachariah starts looking around, only partially paying attention to the man at first. "Yep, Ambrule here was apparently getting bored. Interested?"

Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(The sad thing here is that all you need is a ten.)
    "Well, Jormungandr here seems to want one. How many pokemon do you want to use?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

(Wait, couldn't I have taken ten on that? I actually don't have a negative modifier, so I'd have made it. Oh well, too late now.)

"Well seeing as Ambrule here is the only member of my team currently on me, nothing other than a 1v1 battle would be fair. That sound good to you?"
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-03 at 10:26 AM.

Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Don't worry, we're still in full comedy mode. It wasn't anything except the incoming of two new pokemon.)
    "Sounds good to me. C'mon, let's find an open arena."

Meanwhile, over by Doug, Pete, and Tony, a small cry can be heard directly from above, and it's getting closer.
    CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR!
    "Geo!"
    "What in Giratina's depths was-ack!"
    He falls over as a charmander falls directly into his face, squirming and gasping from the sudden stop. Above the two, a shiny, larger than average geodude slows before helping the charmander up.
    "Way to go, you twits!"
    Looking up, there is an adult male glaring at two poochyena, for some reason in the vents. The man has several scars, and a green scale on a rope necklace in view.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Peter helped his new acquaintance up before turning his attention to the scarred man. He called out to him, "What's going on here?" Peter knew, however, that sometimes humans can be harder to understand than Pokemon. He reached out to the mind of the strangely-colored Geodude. He skimmed his surface thoughts, looking for signs of danger or distress.
    Last edited by PresentPresence; 2012-01-03 at 01:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Kara looked over each of the pokemon with a grin. She looked them each up and down and telepathically wished them both hello and channeled her emotions and friendship towards them.

She also nodded at each of her pokemon to say hello and although she didn't say a word it was as if an entire conversation occurred. Her ability to communicate at such a pure and wordless form was one of the reasons she had started to like her powers again. She could carry on conversations in moments and share a bond hardly anybody else could.

She didn't want to seem anti-social however, especially not to Tesla, so after a conversation with her pokemon and his she spoke.

"Umm that's Tina." She said pointing at Dratini. "She was my first friend in Viridian Forest. Not sure why she was there. I've not seen many others like her."

She then pointed at the Staryu, "And that's Star. Star was trapped in some stupid human's filthy fishing net and was in bad shape. Luckily I was able to free and heal them. I never found that hunter, but if I do I'm going to give them a piece of my mind!" She said with a frown.

"Next up is Chuchu,"
    She said scratching the Pichu's ears. "She's just a baby I got from her parents while she was an egg." She pointed at the cute flower attached to the Pichu's ear. "Isn't that flower adorable? It grows in a beautiful meadow deep in Viridian Forest. Most people don't ever see it because of how deep it is...which is good since people would probably ruin the land."

"Toga here I found all alone. I couldn't find his parents and eventually he hatched. He was also left alone without a family..." She says softly as she hugs the togepi close to her.

"My newest one here is Alba,"
    She states as the eevee purrs against her leg. "The boat had some kinda drawing when I first got on board and I got lucky to win her! She is sooooo cute!"
    "Looks like you have fine colleagues on your team. And congratulation on winning the contest. I'm sure she couldn't have found a better human to work with. I still remember you arguing with those neanderthals when they picked on that Pidgey. *shakes head in disgust* I really would love the opportunity to wipe the floor with them now." Tesla took a moment to take a deep breathe and calmed himself. "Anyway, why are..." Just then he noticed the weird commotion. He stared in disbelief for a moment, saying, "What...?"

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You get distress, panic, and fear. Images of a cliff, and a shadow. Images of the man, from the wrong side of bars, and talk of profits. A zangoose*, chasing after next to that man...maybe a poacher?
    Next to you, Tony has gently grabbed the charmander. A green rune you recognize to mean soul flares upon his forehead, as he holds the fiery lizard. The same rune glows on the charmander's forehead, and it calms down considerably.
    (1d100-7)[14]
    "Hold those for me!"
    The geodude, in a panic, looks around. Others like it. Man who smells of soil and home nearby. Deciding you're a safer bet, it darts towards a vacant pokeball they were giving as souvenirs for boarding. There is the customary flash, and you hear the ball click.
    Capture successful! Would you like to give your geodude a nickname? (Stats after work)

EDIT: Why do I always sub zigzagoon for zangoose?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-03 at 09:05 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara turns confused as to what the reaction was about. She looks where everyone is looking and sees the strange man. She frowns as she looks at the Poochyana and sees the man. He didn't look like a good person and those pokemon looked scared.

"Leave them alone you bully!" She yelled angrily as her eyes started to glow a bit from drawing on psychic power. Suddenly there was a flash of light as her outfit started to change and her necklace started to glow. A bright flash of light came from her and in a moment she was in a strange blue and white outfit with a strange looking hat. The hat had strange ear looking things that looked similar to dratini's head and a white gem in the middle. All in all the outfit looked strange and abnormal, not clothing people would typically wear and seemed to be similar to a dratini.

Pointing at the man a beam of energy fired from Kara's hand right at the man.

Spoiler
    Show

Magical Transformation into Dratini form! (Kara is now treated as a dragon type)
    Charge beam attack: (-7 HP: 113/120)
    Accuracy: (1d20)[1]
    Damage: (2d8+13)[21]

If accuracy is above 11: Add (1d4)[3] to damage

Edit: ...god damn it. I guess my anger at this guy made her not aim at all >.>
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-03 at 03:37 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Elsewhere, Zach and the trainer find a free arena on the battle deck not too damaged from Kara and Peter's respective outbursts, of which there is a notable shortage.
    "This one'll do. Jormungandr, go!"
    The seviper slithers into the fighting ring, tail blade poised on it's blind side menacingly. He leans against his cane, waiting for you to send out Ambrule - at least, until he has to duck an errant beam of energy, anyway. Pretty fast for a guy with a busted leg.
    "Hey, watch it!"

{table=head] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
    1|||||A||||||
    2|||||||||||
    3|||||||||||
    4|||||||||||
    5|||||||||||
    6|||||||||||
    7|||||||||||
    8|||||J||||||
    9|||||||||||
    10||||||||||[/table]

A=Ambrule
    J=Jormungandr

Choose a spot for Ambrule, and we'll get started. Be warned that this is the first time I've run one.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-03 at 09:06 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

"Judgeit, are they fighting again? *sigh* No, I'm helping Ambrule train. Ambrule, keep some distance. That blade looks wicked." Ambrule floats out to E1.

Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Ambrule has a much lower speed than Jormungandr, so Jormungandr goes first)
    The other trainer slowly gets up and dusts himself off, before going back to leaning on his cane.
    "Let's start with a Bite, Jormungandr."
    The seviper slithers forward, before springing at Ambrule.
    Attack: (1d20)[11]
    Damage: (1d10+5)[11]*2+15(Jormungandr's attack)-12(Ambrule's Defense)
    She's spared the fangs, but still gets wounded by the jaws. Flare, who had followed you, whines at seeing the blow.

{table=head] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
    1|||||A||||||
    2|||||J||||||
    3|||||||||||
    4|||||||||||
    5|||||||||||
    6|||||||||||
    7|||||||||||
    8|||||||||||
    9|||||||||||
    10||||||||||[/table]

Ambrule loses 25 HP! Ambrule's turn to attack!

On the other side of the stray beam, Tony stands back up, the now calm charmander perched on his shoulder, looking at the path of prone people picking themselves up after Kara's beam hit a curved piece of metal near the opening and bounced back.
    "...We may need to get you to a shooting range."
    "Chaaaar."
    "Anyway, want in this little guy's head too?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-03 at 09:47 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

"You're doing fine Ambrule! Don't take any chances. Use Heat Wave!"
    Attack: (1d20)[3] (Must roll a 4, plus Seviper's evasion for special attacks, burns on an 18-20)
    (3d10+38)[59] (3d10+15, plus 5 STAB, plus 18 Sp. Attack)

Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Wait...I have to roll a six or better for melee attacks to hit you due to your Defense. You have to roll a five.)
    The serpent barely avoids having its mouth burned, rearing back and hissing.
    "Careful, Jormungandr, that kind of blow could end this! Now, while it's distracted, show'em your Poison Tail!"
    While Ambrule was distracted, the Seviper's tail darts behind her, and slaps her hard with the flat.
    (1d20)[17]
    (2d10)[9] (2d10)+15 Attack-12 Defense+5 STAB=
    17 Damage! Ambrule has lost 40 total.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-03 at 09:57 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

"How did that miss!?" Ambrule screeched to no one in particular, being audiable to everyone in the battle.
    "Relax, just keep calm. You'll be fine. Phase and float up. We'll go from there." Ambrule becomes semi-transparent, like mist, and floats up thirty feet.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-03 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Less awkward wording of six spaces

Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Not seeing anything specific, so let's just say 1 square=5 feet. It tends to work well.)

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Jormungandr follows the progress with it's one good eye, curiously.
    "Hm...Jormungandr, down below! Dig up everything we can!"
    "Sev!"
    Cutting up the tiles with his tail, Jormungandr dives below the arena, tossing up dirt placed in each arena to make it easier on digging pokemon.