New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

"Cultists."
    Tony speaks up around now, looking at both sullenly.
    "I need you because of cultists that brought powerful human spirits back. Now that you know, either fight or part ways."

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah just flicks his hand in Aeon's direction and pulls up chairs for everyone else, sighing in relief as his cousin speaks up. He could see her thoughts anyways, but no way was he revealing that. Doubtful that the gods would honestly see reason to intervene over something so minor. Besides, he still had that favor from Rayquayza, though he would honestly prefer to save that for something more important. He turns to his cousin. "A bit more information, or is that all he told you?" You never said how many the fight was. "What is it G wants us to do?"
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-06-07 at 09:32 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Nice to meet you Tony. he says with a cheerful ring. This one here is really quick, and he's got a pretty gnarly bite. I made the mistake of coming between him and a frisbee... Not one of my better ideas. he says with a slight chuckle as he sees some of the scars from the incident. Your Houndoom looks pretty slick as well. Although if you don't mind me asking why the name Flare?

As Tony said his name the Houndoom looks up at him stares at him for a few seconds. Then looks back at Flare, and finally back to tony and smiles. Wagging his whip like tail back and forth.

You told me to attack the frisbee so I did. The Houndoom thought. As I told Tony it certainly wasn't one of my better ideas. he admitted.

Then he hears The psychic and the other mystic going at and made a mental note to not piss them off... And to use his telepathic powers more conservatively around her. In a way both were right, but he knew neither side would acknowledge this. So he just sighed and sat down into the chair the other psychic brought him, and listened to them go at it.

Then Tony speaks up this gets his attention. When you say powerful spirits... How powerful are they? He asks tony.
    Last edited by nosugref4323; 2012-06-08 at 01:42 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas spoke up, then. It had actually taken him a moment to parse most of the things that were stated, as most of them were terms he'd never heard before - she'd said eons, there'd been comments that that wasn't about time...

But either way - that needed to be derailed. First there was the problem with these goons and more, and secondly there was a new problem that was notable enough that it required the attention of several people with potent abilities. 'Cultists'?

"Wait a minute." He stated just after John spoke, trying to further focus the conversation on Tony and not on either Zachariah or Aeon. "Let Tony speak in more detail; I'm sure he'll explain as much as he can. This sounds dire."

He then had a second question, as 'brought powerful human spirits back' was even more bizzare than most of the things he'd seen recently. Did that mean raising the dead? Was that even possible? Either way, he'd wait to see if Tony would continue.

After placing the unconscious goons down moderately gently, Truse kept to his usual position adjacent to his trainer, eyes shifting back and forth between Zachariah and Aeon.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah sets himself in one of the chairs he pulled up. Era finds one for herself and sits between her trainer and the currently hostile Mystic. Bullet and Ambrule simply float by Zachariah. Douglas, would you like a chair? Your leg must be killing you.

Bullet speaks up in his metallic hum of a voice. "What kind of spirits, ie whom and where from in time? Also, what do they expect to gain, or what does 'G' as you call him believe they wish to gain?"
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-06-08 at 01:00 AM.

Show

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Cultists. The Cult of Alph, to be more precise. Giratina seeks more information, but at least five major souls and several minor ones in his dominion have been dragged from the Void-a place of cleansing the soul-and dragged here as varying types of ghost mon of unknown power. The specifics are still clouded, however. Just that powerful beings are back and likely pissed."
    He sits and pats Flare, nodding at Houndoom's answer. He smiles a bit.
    Well, you gotta name your mon. Flare's the daughter of Dad's houndoom, Flash, and that's what Flash said her name should be. Nikki says that's what his name is, though."

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Titan in the Playground

"And he wants us to actually hunt them down? Actually, why can't he or any other legends do anything about it? I know some can appear in a human form, so it is not a matter of stealth. Or are most just uninterested?"

Show

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tearu is stoped dead in his tracks by Zachariah's Pokemon. Spinning around violently "I don't know anything about a necromancy cult but hears what I do know that I'm not interested in traveling with two trigger happy physics one of whom is extreamly confrontational, a mystic who was just discriped as a body snatcher and one who openly serves Giritina. If I have to go hunting cultists I'm not doing it with people who are just as likely to kill me as the cultist so you can either let me go or kill me your choice." Fenikkusu lands just in front and beside Tearu and looks back at him worried about what his master just said when he disappears into a flash of red light. "Douglas if those two decide to splatter my brains across that wall please make sure my Pokemon make it back to Volkner alive thank you sir."
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-06-08 at 02:00 AM.
    PTA Character Sheets

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground

We aren't going to kill you, Ace, and you aren't exactly in the best position to run away. Relax, and stop making a scene. People are staring. We need all the help we can get, and you are the most trained in battles. Look like one who could be a fine martial artist as well with a bit of discipline. Your options are to come willingly or unwillingly. Or suicide, I suppose, but that would be rather wasteful after your history, hm? He adds the last part as thoughts of Volkner appear in his head. Now quiet down.

Show

10. - Top - End - #1210

HalflingRangerGuy

Using his telepathy John talks to Tearu directly Think of it this way... Would you rather have two trigger happy psychics, a body snatcher, and a servant of Giratina as your opponents... Or would you rather have that be the gang's and the cult's problems? He says in a light comical tone.

He then switches to a more serious tone and continues to tell him via telepathy.
    Also as the other psychic said before you have a lot of skill in the heat of battle. Not only that you have courage to say what you felt from your heart to the rest of us here... I respect your decision, even though I may not agree with it.

Finally I would never kill you or anyone else I have fought with here at this table. I would hate to see you walk away, but i would never kill you for doing so.
    John then ends the conversation by ending the telepathy

Do you really want to piss off the guy who can make or break your afterlife? Besides what the worst the spirits could do anyway? He asks Tearu and to everyone else at the table in a hushed voice so the people looking at them can't over hear what he just said.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tony looks at Tearu confusedly.
    "What's wrong with helping lost souls find rest, guy I don't know the name of yet? As for these guys, thousands of years of darkness and pain upon the mortal realm as they grind it under their decaying heel in the worst case. As for why no legends, for some reason, they can't find them. Something's messing with them to make sure the main ones stay out."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-06-08 at 08:17 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Titan in the Playground

"And how are we supposed to find them?"

Show

13. - Top - End - #1213

BlackDragon

"Tony I have no problem working to assist giritina or any of the legends yet doing it with a group such as this is the most gruesome way to commit suicide I could come up with, if giritina needs my help he can send a dream my way, if not then you have no problem with me leaving. Zachariah I belive I made your options clear; kill me to prevent me from leaving or let me leave their is no option in which I come with you. Finally I apologize to aeon and Tony for not introducing myself; I am Tearu a true son of Johto, raised by Cynthia and Volkner. Yet mystics and physics don't really care about names like that do they, you all have a higher calling to serve the legends and gods, well last time I checked I set out for Johto not Kanto, the gods of the seas just tried to kill me a few weeks ago, and while the plight of these poor souls must be delt with, I see no reason for me to trust the gods again anytime soon. Especially when divine intervention is the least of my worries as I've already explained." coming to the end of his speach Tearu turns back around and begins walking away a second time.

OOC: No I'm not trying to commit suicide or wright myself out of the story. I'm just trying to avoid a war between aeon and zachiriah using the price method of war stopping. Create a bigger problem then the one you're currently having, and it seams to be working.
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-06-08 at 01:58 PM.
    PTA Character Sheets

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Titan in the Playground

Again, he is pulled back and this time floated just above the ground so that he can't walk off again. I don't believe we gave you a choice. You know enough that you could be a target by this group. And again, we think you will be useful. Now please stop walking off.

Note: You lived. Maybe Kyogre had a plan for you and that was hir way of enacting it. Either way, we're not letting you wander off. A direct visit to Giratina is the only way out for you, short of Tony dismissing you.

(OOC: The battle is happening regardless. Right now they seem focused enough on the cult that bickering is secondary.)

Show

15. - Top - End - #1215

BlackDragon

"I see so that's how it's going to be. Well let's get this over with, your not going to let me leave unless im in a body bag and I'm not going to stop trying to leave untill I'm dead. So just kill me know and get it over with. I'm not going to throw my pokemons life away to save my own sorry existence, so you might as well do it now when I'm powerless to stop you. It's not like you wernt about to attempt to kill aeon for much less then what I'm doing now. So what's the point in waiting"
    PTA Character Sheets

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah pauses. "Arrêtez. I have no intention to kill anyone until they attack me first. Aeon was rude, but that is not a reason to killing anyone over. If I had wanted her dead, I have the ability to do so before she could react, probably. Only problem would be the public setting, but that's beside the point. Unless attacked, I don't kill; end. We'll settle our dispute like adults with a battle later, unless she actually attacks me." He's noticeably angry now, but calms down quickly and catches his breath. "Pourquoi est-il que je suis si fatigué?"

Era chimes in. I also said that you may go if Tony believes you will be safe and decides to dismiss you. Honestly, probably your best bet. Feel free to ask him. You weren't even in the intended receiving group of the message, so there is a decent chance you'll be able to go.

Show

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Big man when all you gotta do is talk about how awesome you are. Very few people have difficulty killing if they throw the first move. Three works for me, but we might have to delay this matter until after we deal with this." She says annoyed before looking at Tony, "What does this have to do with me?" She ask, "I'm willing to help anyways, but I'm with the Eons not the Lord of Death. No disrespect meant." She stated with a nod before glancing at the scared man.

"Body snatcher is a poor choice of words meant to make my powers scarier. I copy and replicate more so than steal." She stated.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Titan in the Playground

"I rarely do make the first move, if you were listening. But, perhaps you are hard of hearing: 'Unless attacked, I don't kill; end.'

Three. Bon. So Tony, may Tearu go? He's panicking and this does not really involve him."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-06-08 at 02:46 PM.

Show

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Oh sure. Tearu, Doug, John, this is completely optional for you guys. Well, currently. However, frankly...well, frankly, I want your help. You know what happened to you? Imagine five, or ten, or twenty forces causing incidents like that on purpose. Imagine people-yes, people-tossing hurricanes at cities. Oh, kyogre does it too-wrong. They just control the currents and make sure things work, with the rest just being incidental. Never intentional unless someone's seriously muked the void up. So...yeah, help'd be awesome, honestly. As for you, Aeon, you're here because your patrons are scared they know one of the big ones. I'll elaborate if it goes that way."

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah and Era let Tearu down gently and release their grips on him. "You know me, cousin; I'll help happily."

Show

21. - Top - End - #1221

BlackDragon

a smug grin appears on Tearu's as his feet touch the ground. He turns around and begins walking back to the group rolling his neck. "Well now that thats over and I know I can trust you guys to not desert me in the middle of the upcoming battle I can drop the scared little boy act and get down to business tell me how much you know Tony, then I'll see if I can't fill in some of the gaps. I'm sorry if I offended anyone in my little outburst I had to be sure before I trusted you with what I know."
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-06-09 at 01:54 AM.
    PTA Character Sheets

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Aeon looks at Tearu and raises an eyebrow confused what he means, however she turns back to Tony. "Well if the Latis want it then you know I'm in." He says. "I'll contact them at some point to confirm however. No hard feelings."

Spoiler
    Show
    Had he got Lati information during the 8 hours that she knows his entire memory.

23. - Top - End - #1223

HalflingRangerGuy

Glad to see that little pissing match is over. John thinks to himself. I going to help as well... but what should we do about the gang here? we promised to help. He says to the group.

he then turns to face Tearu and tells him via telepathy. Last time I checked i was a human being just as you are now. I serve only myself and those around me. I the only thing on my agenda is to broaden my own horizons. Lastly I recognize those names, you come from great people. That is why you will do great things.

Houndoom then comes over near John and sits next to him. John then begins to scratch right behind the ears. Houndoom then closes his eyes and just wags his tail.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"None taken."
    He pauses at the mention of a gang.
    "What gang?"

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Titan in the Playground

"The town is practically owned by some gang." Zachariah explains what the boy and grunts told him.

Show

26. - Top - End - #1226

BlackDragon

Tearu takes a look at the group while Zachariah is explaining the situation to tony and realizes that his little test has earn him little favor with the group. Well as long as their going to help him hunt down the people who ...... He cuts himself off mid thought as he realizes that the physics and mystics are probably searching his thoughts even know for what brought on the little outburst and that was the last thing he wanted to reveal to anyone even those wh he would be traveling and fighting with. As the topic turned back to the local gang Tearu returned to his post beside the door of the Pokemon center and released fenikkusu who after a brief one sided conversation in Tearu's native tounge returned to his areal position to watch for hostilities both within the group and around it.
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-06-16 at 08:58 AM.
    PTA Character Sheets

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

As the situation is described, Tony slowly stops smiling. Near the end, he looks fairly serious-more serious than the boat, Doug notices, and that had them suspended in the air a few hundred feet up.
    "That's...something needs to be done about that."
    He stops and considers.
    "Aeon, I know this isn't your battle, but as I said, our bosses are still in the fact finding stage of things. We don't even have a place to start. Care to help so we all get to know each other better?"

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

The woman shrugs, "If it benefits the bosses I have little else to do." She says with a shrug, "It'd be good to be back around people honestly anyways."

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Alright then! Before we get started, anyone need to recover, or get recharged? Very fast training, maybe?"

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Titan in the Playground

"We still have our dispute to decide. M'y va, Aeon. We'll heal them after this is finished." Zachariah walks outside, followed by Ambrule, Bullet and Era. "Single battle, three on three, no swapping, no trainer interference." Bullet floats in front of him.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-06-12 at 05:53 PM.

Show