New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

After watching the battle come to a moderately peaceful conclusion Tearu signals fennikusu that all is well and he no longer needed to be on alert. "As far as the cult is concerned I have a few lead and a couple contacts but their worthless to us here everything I know about the cult has to do with their johto branch which from what I've heard is of no intrest to this group. Either way this is going to be a hard fight and I think I need to train some of my younger mons if you need me I'll be at the gym bye." with that Tearu turns and heads out for the gym to train.

OOC: Should I just roll the d100s now to save time
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-06-16 at 06:04 PM.
    PTA Character Sheets

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(That would be nice)
    Tony listens to Tearu, then points to the mook that has been in a corner, avoiding eye contact. Flare's been watching him intently.
    "Well, you have a thing you were doing?"

3. - Top - End - #1263

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Fenikkusu: (30d100)[1824]
    Vesper: (30d100)[1635]
    Atamanokatai:(30d100)[1349]
    Gun'yōken:(30d100)[1306]
    Do my mon evovle during the training or just level up?

Tearu goes through the same process as Aeon did only hours before. Well that was a unique experience he thought to himself as he walked back from the gym.
    PTA Character Sheets

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Fen and Vesper hit 30, Gunn and Ata 26. You can have one more shot to pass 1500 on those two, and this gets a massive rehaul in the future. Mon can evolve during this.)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-06-17 at 10:29 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Seeing Tony point out the goon John looks over at his as well. He tells Tony via telepathy that he is the goon that "agreed" to help us take apart the gang from the inside out.

John's Houndoom looking around to see if there are any other shady people around.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Upon entering the Pokemon Center, Aeon walked right up to the desk and nodded as she unhooked her pokeballs from her belt and set them on the table. Before she could speak the nurse interrupted her.

"Hello, and welcome to the pokemon center!" The woman said.

"Thanks, I ne--" Aeon started to say before she was interrupted again.

"We restore your tired pokemon to full health."
    The lady said with a smile.

"Yes, that's why I'm--" She tried to add before once again the nurse spoke seeming to not be listening.

"Would you like to rest your pokemon?" The interrupting nurse asks.

Aeon looks at the nurse and crosses her arms, waiting to see if the woman would listen this time, "..."

The nurse says nothing and Aeon finally replies, "Yes."

"Ok, I'll take your pokemon for a few seconds." She says picking up the pokeballs and placing them on a try. With a strange boop sound the device lights up one pokeball at a time, when all the pokeballs are light up the device makes an odd ding sound before flashing and playing music. At the sound of the music, the nurse takes the pokeballs and gives them back to Aeon.

"Thank y--"
    Aeon starts to say before the nurse jumps on top of her again.

"Thank you for waiting." She says with a smile.

"I wasn't going to just lea---" Aeon says quickly trying to finish before the inevitable interruption.

"We've restored your pokemon to perfect health. We hope to see you again!"

"Forget it..." Aeon says taking the pokeballs, rubbing her temple, and turning to walk back to the group. "Alright, Tony...what's the first step? Do we have someone who has information? I can get any information from people even if they know how to resist telepathy."
    Last edited by Major; 2012-06-18 at 02:34 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

"I thought you only could imitate people and talk to wilds. That's what I was always told were a Mystic of your type's main skills. What would you use if not telepathy of some sort?" It is a genuine question, no sarcasm detectable. He goes through the same ordeal of dealing with the slow nurse as he speaks, finally getting Ambrule and Bullet's Pokéballs back.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Normally yes, my powers aren't typical however. I'm not a natural mystic, my powers come from my position." Aeon said with a shrug, "I have the ability to replicate a person's body, mind, aura, and clothing in moments. By imitating them I have the ability to make a copy of their memory as well. It's how I knew to trust Tony, it is limited in time, but still."

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

"Hm, never learned that about Mystics. Hm." He looks around. His eyes flash again. "Could always just Hypnotize them, but it doesn't always take..." He grumbles. "Well, probably more effective than brute force. Plus, imitating people can come in handy for stealth." He glances around. "Well, let's see what the guy was going to show us." He pushes himself up and motions to the group. "We all set?"

Show

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"It's why I have the abilities...I'm all about stealth and infiltration." She says tapping a pokeball. "Custos here has the ability to cloak and go through walls. I can channel my vision through him so that I can spy on anyone without being seen. With the knowledge from the spying I can then replicate that person and gain their knowledge. Any passcodes, any tricks, any verbal ticks, etc etc." She states. "In addition to that, as you know, I have the ability to even grab some of their special powers temporarily. This is useful for impersonating people that think they have one-of-a-kind abilities. Memory, aura, powers, and more, it makes for quite the special ability. Though its also a bit more freaky then I'm used to..." She says with a shrug, "I've actually not met any 'mystics' as you call them. Tony is the closest to my powers and even his are way different...possession, music, etc."
    Last edited by Major; 2012-06-18 at 10:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

"Telepathy is like that if the mon allows it. It is difficult to get a properly received message from them unless they are like Ambrule or Era. Normally I'd be following along though, invisibly, so Ambrule would normally just speak to me.

Ah, but can you repeat them to the same extent that we can? Or take more than one or two abilities?"
    He conjures a small flame, then dulls the light of it, then shrinks it down but causes it to burn as bright as a strong light bulb before it vanishes. He actually shields his eyes during the latter demonstration. "IR spectrum was too brilliant. But my point: would you not tip someone off by not being able to perform certain actions or feats, or not perform them to the same standard that would be expected of the person you are imitating?" Era and Ambrule follow.

"They seem to be getting along better."
    He's playing calm. Her too. This politeness is simply for peace, not a result of actual respect.
    "So? What's the difference?"
    He'll turn on her in a heartbeat if she crosses him again. Most likely a simple paralyzing Glare, telling her off. She'll do the same if he missteps. Even if she turns into him though, the fight will end poorly. She lacks the fortitude to power the Fire Breathing. Meanwhile, if she instead became Tony and possessed one of us, Zachariah would recall us, trapping her mind with us.

But hopefully things won't come to that. They may grow to actually tolerate each other through this little vigilante mission.
    The latter part is quickly directed at both Zachariah and Aeon.

Show

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Aeon merely shrugs, "Usually a person doesn't sit me down and give me a long list of abilities to copy. If I do my job right people aren't aware I came and left. Familiarity is the goal, when I escaped Team Rocket I didn't stay long or draw attention. I used the knowledge to make sure not to do something blatantly obvious or miss something that person always does and from there it came down to just relying on the fact that people don't randomly test everyone if they don't suspect it..." She says, "That's why I tend to keep my powers secret and don't run around blabbing them or encouraging others to do the same. I've never seen people with my powers before so I assume even if my powers aren't one of a kind, these 'mystics' you speak of are rare or at the very least my power is. Or since my powers come from a legend they are merely different enough, like how you didn't know I could copy knowledge but you knew I could imitate."

She leans back and stretches her back, "I'm not claiming my powers are flawless, merely that if infiltration is done right then there shouldn't be problems coming up." She says. "However, this is irrelevant, I mentioned this so that people could know my abilities so that we can work together better against this cult. To truly plan and work right abilities, strengths, and weaknesses need to be known. I might not be a fan of working with people, but if its necessary, its necessary. Even I realize stopping an entire criminal cult by oneself is stupid."

Aeon looks at the various pokemon game protagonist. "RIGHT?"

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

"Fair enough. Just know that if two us are running around, Era's going to be testing you them. Let's hope that these criminals are less intelligent." His mind begins to wander as everyone else groups up to follow the grunt. "Make a little space so it isn't very clear that we're following him. Aeon, I know you dislike it, but Telepathy will be a more covert way to communicate right now. Era will relay messages between members for the group. If you do not like it, simply remain silent, but know that if an emergency comes up Era will speak to you anyways. Silent communication is preferable if we have to do anything. Doesn't give our actions away. "

Show

14. - Top - End - #1274

BlackDragon

As Tearu returns from the gym he see's that group is preparing to move out against the local gang. After using the centers services to recover from the training endeavor Tearu moves to a spot next to the entrance, brings out Gun'yōken and waits to see what the rest of the group want's to do.
    PTA Character Sheets

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"It's not just telepathy, it was the suddenness, the unnecessary nature of it, and the fact it was a stranger." She says, "I'm not going to jeopardize our mission, telepathy is fine when I have the warning or its necessary." She looks up and sends out Siglyph and draws on her power to connect with him and orders him to fly up and watch from the sky. "Even with all the flying pokemon people worried about being followed tend to look backwards or the sides and rarely straight up. I'll use him to follow and stay out of sight that way even if he notices you guys I'm still not seen." She says as she moves away from the group and down a different road with buildings between her and the grunt so that she couldn't directly see the grunt, but instead followed through Siglyph.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

Truse remained in thought for a bit longer as the battle commenced nearby. In this case, it was primarily about the array of telepathy that had been going on. Through this, many of the other pokemon trainers could speak directly to their pokemon.

But ironically enough, Zon had already asked the now-a-gardevoir if it was feasible for him to learn the skill. Thus he had to think about it - there had to be an alternate option. He glanced around some of the books and magazines about the pokemon centre - not that he could read, but it was possible that he'd see something of interest.

Speaking of Zon, Douglas recalled something he'd honestly forgotten, amidst his own battle, the new battle, and everything else that had occured. And that was that the reason he hadn't returned the young energetic machoke was because there was a yanma on his head. Thus, amidst the battle, he beckoned Zon over to himself.

"Haha, sorry about that little guy." He tested the small pokemon's wings for a moment - more than able to fly. "Okay - looks like your wings are healed. So!"

Out came a pokeball. "Two picks, then. One! You can take off. No strings attached, heh. Or two, you can come along - and join the family."

"Ch-choke!" (Douglas is really fun! He helps you slam into walls and stomp on sand!) Added Zon, in what he thought was being helpful.

~

When he'd picked one way or another, Douglas watched the remainder of the battle before nodding. "We should wait for Tear... ah, there we go." He added, noting the Ace had returned.

Most of the conversation between the psychic and Aeon went over his head again, but that was relatively okay - he'd caught what was most important. "Hopefully, that won't come in necessary at all. Regardless, shall we get going?" He stated, now addressing primarily the mook.

He partially wanted to ask what the man's name was, but also was a little leery to do so as it had suddenly occured to him - this gang may also have at least one person who could read minds as well. Maybe it was better he didn't know.

Hrm.

Either way, the moment he shifted to move, Truse headed towards him to help out.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-06-19 at 06:13 PM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

17. - Top - End - #1277

HalflingRangerGuy

hearing Aeon comment about people failing to look up he nods. then says I can't count the times I have literally dropped in on people. In fact I once did it for a big group of people. I was light head afterward, but it was well worth it. The poor guy never saw it coming. He smiles remembering the surprise birthday party a few years ago.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Titan in the Playground

"I personally prefer just not being seen no matter where you look," Zachariah shrugs. His body starts to fade as light slowly bends more and more around him until he is momentarily invisible, then reappears behind John. "Lasts longer than flight if I want it to, and is a bit easier. Can be more fun too."

Show

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas smiled. "Well, I'll just try to keep myself back, then, with our friend here." He thumbed to the goon. "It sounds like the remainder of you have your own methods of not being seen."

Truse kept himself between Douglas and the goon. He, quite adamantly, did not trust the human.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

20. - Top - End - #1280

BlackDragon

Tearu gives a slight nod towards douglass in responce to his remark about waiting for him before he says in practically a mumble "I'm going to go scouting ahead looking for signs of trouble." with that he turns and leads Gun'yōken out of the center and waits for the rest of the group across the street from the center having Gun'yōken check the auras of the other people on the street looking for anyone who might have a malicious intentions toward the group.
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-06-20 at 11:05 AM.
    PTA Character Sheets

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Stealth and perception checks from all of you, by the way)
    Kantolin: The yanma looks at you, then takes off. A short burst later and it lands on your head.
    (Capture roll)

Meanwhile, the goon takes you all along a winding series of alleys, ending at a large old, decrepit building. There are a few lights on in the windows.
    "Far as I go. Sam's inside, and I ain't willin' to be one of his art pieces."

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

As the goon starts to get more nervous and they near their destination, Zachariah sends out a group message: Going invisible. I'll warn you if you get too close to me. His body appears to break up as light bends around him until he is invisible, and he continues, keeping an eye out for danger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth: Activated Shadow Walker, lose 15 HP
    Perception: (1d20)[11]

Show

23. - Top - End - #1283

HalflingRangerGuy

What do you mean by, "one of his art pieces"? John whispers keeping his voice barely above a whisper. John and his houndoom keep a sharp eye out for anything out of the ordinary. Like security camera's, trap doors, people following them, etc. Houndoom is also sniffing the air, to check for other people who may be invisible, or any thing else that smells out of the ordinary.

Spoiler
    Show
    Houdoom rolls stealth (1d20)[9](9) perception(1d20)[9](9)
    john's rolls stealth (1d20)[3](3) perception (1d20)[14](14)

we roll just d20s for poke checks correct?
    john health 160/160
    houndoom health 62/62

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Aeon isn't actually in sight but I'll roll stealth. I assume since I'm following through a channeled pokemon that I'd use its stealth check?
    Stealth: (1d20+5)[14] (currently invisible, but rolling anyways just in case)
    Perception: (1d20+7)[26]

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Considering channel only extends 30 feet, you'd be in sight as this isn't near the center.)

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Awww damn it...I totally missed that which makes my spy stuff not work as well. Alright will do then. I can't follow from like an adjacent road without going further than 30 feet?

Personal Stealth: (1d20)[16]

27. - Top - End - #1287

BlackDragon

Tearu does his best to vanish into the background as he and Gun'yoku approach the building.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tearu Stealth. (1d20+3)[15]
    perception (1d20-2)[9]
    gun'yoku stealth (1d20)[11]
    perception (1d20)[15]
    PTA Character Sheets

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

Forgot Era and Ambrule (Bullet is recalled) if needed
    Spoiler
    Show
    Era
    Perception: (1d20)[10]
    Stealth: (1d20)[2]
    Ambrule
    Perception: (1d20)[4]
    Stealth: Activate Invisibility

Era goes seemingly alone (following Zachariah and Ambrule), saying that she is running an errand for her trainer if asked.

Show

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas had a walking stick this time around.

He was a little curious where Zon had gotten it, especially on short notice, but let that slide for the moment as they were doing more focal things. In this situation, it'd be more focal to allow Truse to wander about, once they arrived - thus the stick would let Douglas keep to his feet more easily.

Until then, however, Truse held the stick while Douglas held onto Truse's shoulder as was usual - no sense having additional tapping noises. Douglas knew he wasn't terribly silent as it was, and thus tried to keep to the back of the group.

Spoiler
    Show

Capture roll for yanmega: (1d100-5)[4]

Douglas Stealth: (1d20-4)[7]
    Douglas Perception: (1d20+6)[10]

Truse Stealth: (1d20)[3]
    Truse Perception: (1d20)[19]

Other pokemon are returned. Stealth is dexterity, perception is wisdom, right?

Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-06-23 at 08:29 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

30. - Top - End - #1290

BlackDragon

Realizing it's been too quiet Tearu determines they're about to be ambushed. Without changing his demeanor he thinks in Era's direction "Their on to us, be ready." Next he fakes needing to tie his shoe so he can take a look around the alley; to see if he can figure out where their coming from and to get fennikusu's ball ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readies action to bring out fennikusu
    Stealth check to avoid tiping off the goons that we're on to them (1d20+3)[9]
    Perception Check for the direction:(1d20-2)[2]
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-06-27 at 02:10 PM.
    PTA Character Sheets