New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

I agree it is way to quite... Stay away from the front if they come through that way. My thunderbolt works great in a bottle neck, and, my houndoom can cover me with smog and smoke screen. he says to Eva via telepathy so the others can hear his thoughts.

Houndoom have you sniffed them out yet, or smelled anything out of the ordinary? If you smell anything let Eva know via your thoughts. She will alert the rest of us. he orders the houndoom.
    John meanwhile stares straight ahead looking for anything that will help alert him and the party off to the direction of the ambush.

Spoiler
    Show
    John's perception check(1d20)[1](1)

Houndoom's perception check(1d20)[19](19)
    not sure if it helps but houndoom has the tracking ability for scent.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Aeon sighs and glances around, looking for the person who seemed to be in charge. Two ideas filled her mind as she thought of what would be best.

Quietly so only her group could hear her she said "Tell me how many you guys see. I'm almost tempted to show them the power of an avatar...If you see the leader let me know. I'll charge and imitate him, throw up a smokescreen so they don't know which one is which."

Perception: (1d20+7)[26]
    Last edited by Major; 2012-06-27 at 04:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Titan in the Playground

Seems you guys were spotted. Let me get into a better position to help with them. He and Ambrule get ahead and behind the person that Aeon determines to be the leader. Ready to ambush the ambushers. He looks around for anything else that the team may need to see.

Perception: (1d20)[20]

Era stays close to the team, next to John in case a dual blast of Thunderbolts seemed necessary to clear things out.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #1294

HalflingRangerGuy

I like that plan Aeon, but if you transform into their leader how will we know it is you and not their leader? He asks her. his voice slightly louder than a whisper.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I'm channeling my Siglyph who is flying above us stealthed. He has telepathy so he'll let you know." Aeon replies.

6. - Top - End - #1296

HalflingRangerGuy

Good I would hate to hate to mistake you for an enemy and accidentally hit you. he replies slightly above a whisper

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Titan in the Playground

Should they see through the ruse, I'm on standby to take the leader out quickly with Ambrule. Cripple and Hex ought to do the trick.

Era will help you guys. She's smart enough to fight on her own.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-06-27 at 08:53 PM.

Show

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

As the physics devise their battle plans Tearu stands back up and prepares himself to fight. Deciding that Fennikusu would only be in the way of the physics he resolves to stick with Gun'yōken; next he signals for the little pokemon to stay close to his side. Together they move next to the wall of the alley to remove himself from the line of fire. They stop moving right next to a sewer grate that Tearu overlooked.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: you mentioned a sewer grate as a possible entrance point for our opponents so I figured that Tearu's punishment for being so unobservent would be to move himself directly next to the spawn zone.
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-06-28 at 04:13 AM.
    PTA Character Sheets

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Es: You hear flapping and movement behind walls. You also hear....something down below you.

You look and listen, but it is Houndoom (you should consider nicknaming your pokemon, by the way) and Flare that give away their positions the best. They whine and look at the opposing walls, as four pidgeottos circle above you all.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Titan in the Playground

There's something nasty under the ground. Some noise in the buildings as well. Zachariah looks for any way for something underground to reach them other than by burrowing, like the sewer grate Tearu moved towards, and starts and sustains fires in the openings that completely block the entrances and such. May help, may not, but better safe than sorry. Well if they're underground, they'll had to make their own entry ways. He and Ambrule remain invisible.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-06-29 at 07:23 PM.

Show

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You all hear an angry, loud roar from below the street, before the ground shakes twice. It shakes a third time, and what looks to be a giant mass of electrified wires crashes through, wrapping around a dumpster and crushing it before dragging it down. There's angry growls from down there, and your guide has just soiled himself.
    "Aw...aw muking Arceus, he sent the Beast first?"

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

Era's eyes are wide. Beast? Okay, start explaining RIGHT NOW! What the Muking Hell was that!? The Gardevoir was physically trembling, abnormal for her.

Zachariah and Ambrule both stare at the hole.
    "Think that's coming back up?"
    Yep.
    "Think we're gonna like what we see?"
    Nope.
    "Burn everything?"
    To the ground.
    "Fun."
    The duo watches to see what the vines do next. No way they were getting close to that hole.

Show

13. - Top - End - #1303

BlackDragon

Tearu is surprised when the sewer grate that he had overlooked suddenly bursts into flame. Thus he is looking at the grate when the vines come up. Hearing the sound of the vines crushing the dumpster he spins around and sees the hole. "Makku!! What in arceus's name was that." He looks to their guide and sees him trembling with fear. Knowing that the goon wants to be anywhere but here, Tearu moves himself between the relatively innocent and entirely defenseless goon and the hole. Gun'yōku is between Tearu and the hole with a look that's half excitement and half curiosity on its face.
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-07-01 at 01:18 PM.
    PTA Character Sheets

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The goon frantically looks around.
    "That's the Beast! Frank's starter! He...I dunno what mon it was, but he had things done to it! Made it big, strong, electrical, and with a hell of a temper!"
    It sounds like it's doing something down there, as you hear metal shriek

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Titan in the Playground

We don't care about its temper! How the Void do you fight it!? Weaknesses! Capabilities! What do we need to know to fight it!? Era is grabbing the man by the shirt in panic as she asks.

Zachariah grabs his ears at the twisting metal. As they adjust, he looks back. Hm, what if... A slightly heavy piece of junk lifts itself up and flings itself down the hole.

Show

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You hear a clatter, and a rumble. A much larger chunk bursts through the ground behind the group, making a giant hole in the alley, and clips a building before slamming down a little way away from the group. Looking at it, that was the dumpster. Roll to dodge being pelted by debris.(dex)
    "I-I dunno! All I know about it is you don't want to be woven into it!"
    The psychics get a mental image of people squirming as wires bore into them, being worn by a giant, bipedal mass of what seems to be electrical wires as it lumbers off, skeletons adorning it.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

Nique! Zachariah runs to avoid falling rocks. He'd normally phase, but he knew that tiring himself before a fight was a bad idea. Ambrule just watches the rocks fall harmlessly around her. Era let's out a verbal scream as the rocks fall around her and she tries to avoid them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zachariah: (1d20)[3] (10 less damage if he fails thanks to I Can Take a Hit+
    Ambrule: lol Ghost type against Normal damage (If you still want a roll: (1d20)[10] (15 Defense))
    Era: (1d20)[12] (7 Defense)
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-07-01 at 10:00 PM.

Show

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Dex: (1d20-2)[-1] ouch...

Aeon sighed as she heard everyone panic and she rubbed her temple. "It'll be fine guys, stop flipping out..." She said annoyed. "Change of plans if it will help calm you down." She looked around, "Where is Frank?" She asked the goon. "I'll find out its weaknesses and strengths."

Spoiler
    Show

-10 hp
    Imposter check if I can see Frank (or if he can be seen from birds-eye view since I got Siglyph still flying above and can see from his eyes)
    (1d20+7)[21] if this is higher than wisdom or constitution (the lower of the two) I copy him and got 7 hours worth of his memory, his equipment, my aura comes across as the same, blah blah blah. Also I'd like a features list if you got one so I see if I want to copy any.

HP: 103/113
    Last edited by Major; 2012-07-01 at 11:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1309

BlackDragon

Tearu watched as the dumpster flung itself down the hole and angered the mon below. "Remind me to kill that psychic when this is over." he mutters under his breath as he grabs the goon and drags him against the wall of the alley. As the derby falls Tearu looks him in the eye "Stay here and Stay down. Let us handle this. Gun' Yoku wa watashi no chikaku ni taizai shi, junbi ga dekite iru."

Spoiler
    Show
    Translation: Gun'Yoku stay close to me and be ready.
    Dex roll to dodge debris. (1d20+3)[6]
    Gun roll to dodge debris. (1d20)[8] SPD 11 (if it matters) DEF 8
    PTA Character Sheets

20. - Top - End - #1310

HalflingRangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    dex checks john's(1d20+1)[13](14) 160/160 health
    Houndoom's(waiting for him to leran a fire move, then he has a nickname) speed 15 defense 8(1d20)[5](5) 65/65 health

While trying to dodge the debrie the "beast" created he looks over at the other psychic and says You just had to go and piss it off now didn't you. he says to the pyshic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    me being dumb and trying to just post everything at once... it failed.
    Last edited by nosugref4323; 2012-07-02 at 10:54 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, because before when it grabbed a dumpster I'm sure it was feeling just Muking peachy! Zachariah says as a large bit of debris smacks him in the arm and he fails to roll with it. Hm, I wonder if I would continue to be invisible if I was knocked out, or if I would become visible again? Best to not test this out...

Show

22. - Top - End - #1312

HalflingRangerGuy

Dodging most of the bigger pieces, John then floates 10 feet up in the air hoping it was out of graple range and then says Houndoom smoke it out
    Houndoom then opens his mouth and purple gas is emited from it's mouth and sent down the first hole the beast created.

Spoiler
    Show
    Houndomo uses smog (1d20)[19](19)13-20 poisions
    damage(1d12)[8](8)+17 (special attack stat)
    3meter blast as well
    Last edited by nosugref4323; 2012-07-02 at 05:28 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas had kept back, but that didn't keep rocks from going his way. His legs certainly didn't help his evasion any.

The description of 'had things done to it' bothered Douglas a bit. Was this someone attempting to improve their pokemon through alterations of some sort? His guess was that the resulting pokemon's actions were likely due to horrible pain.

And there wasn't really a thing he could do about it unless it just kind of happened to not get taken down. Still, he could hope.

It looked electric. That meant he probably would want to switch to Vicuña. But, as he glanced at Truse... he recognized the look on the machoke's face. Okay, he'd wait a short bit first, and trust in his machoke.

He didn't speak just yet, but he kept a cool head, keeping himself back and away from any holes, steady on his walking stick. Hopefully active threats would prove more interesting to a tunneler.

Spoiler
    Show

Douglas Dexterity check: (1d20-4)[1]
    Truse Dexterity check: (1d20)[15]
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

24. - Top - End - #1314

BlackDragon

Tearu sees Johns attempt to force the creature out of the ground and signals Gun'yoku to head towards the second hole and prepare to meet the beast as it rises. Tearu, knowing he would only be in the way against the beast, stays behind cover to wait for the trainers to show themselves.
    PTA Character Sheets

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ambrule: 71/71
    Zachariah: 137/152
    Era: 109/109

Ambrule looks over the gaping hole in the ground while Zachariah is hit with debris. Eh, he'll be fine. She decloaks and fires a burst of flame down the hole.

Spoiler
    Show
    Flame Burst
    Fire
    AC: (1d20)[19] 2
    Damage: (2d6+41)[48]
    If Crit: +(2d6+16)[25]

Era, after having avoided the debris, takes a deep breath and tries to calm down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Calm Mind
    Sp Attack now 35
    Sp Defense now 28
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-07-02 at 06:53 PM.

Show

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

Truse glanced at Douglas, who nodded. And, remaining ever cautious, the machoke utilized Bulk Up as he braced himself.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

27. - Top - End - #1317

BlackDragon

As Gun'yōken runs toward the hole he prepares himself to fight any enemy he should come across.
    Spoiler
    Show

Foresight: can now hit ghosts with normal/fight moves. Is unaffected by moves which would make it roll higher on accuracy checks, can ignore opponents speed stat, and knows which copy is real if the enemy uses double team.
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-07-03 at 01:15 PM.
    PTA Character Sheets

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Everyone that rolled under 10 takes 20 damage from the falling rocks (normal type, before any version of defense applicable, like I Can Take a Hit). The Beast roars from down below in pain, as do a few people. Tony looks up, gash on his head.
    "Um...is it just me or are the pidgeotto too calm for BWAH!"
    He's cut off as one tackles his torso. Two head towards John, tackling the man floating in the air.
    (1d20)[14], (1d20)[11]
    (2d6+10)[18], (2d6+10)[17]
    The last turns towards Truse, firing a blast of air at him.
    (1d20)[18]
    (2d6+9)[17]

(Major, none of the people are in sight yet, staying to the buildings on the sides. If you want to determine where the Beast is, give me a perception.)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-07-03 at 06:22 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ambrule: 71/71
    Zachariah: 127/152
    Era: 109/109

Era smiles. Birds. She sends a message to all the trainers and mons hit by birds. Okay, everyone MOVE! Electricity crackles around her and a bolt of electricity arcs from her (hit as many birds as possible).

Spoiler
    Show
    Thunderbolt
    Electric
    AC: (1d20)[4] 2
    Damage: (4d12+51)[86]
    If Crit: +(4d12+16)[47]

Zachariah stifles a yell as the debris smacks him. He was able to force about half the debris away from him though. Now to act. Seems stealth was out of the question now. Still, he'll be Judged if he wouldn't make use of it. Zachariah peaks over the edge of the pit to see if Beast was still there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20)[4]

If he sees Beast, Zachariah breaks stealth and fires a wave of flame down the pit at the creature. If he does not, he remains hidden.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lava Plume
    Fire
    AC: (1d20)[6] 2, burn on 18+ (?)
    Damage: (2d12+40)[58]
    If Crit: (2d12+16)[21]

Either way, he directs Ambrule at the new threats. Fry those birds! Ambrule floats to the biggest concentration of birds and lets off a wave of flame in all directions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heat Wave
    Fire
    AC: (1d20)[16] 4, burn on 18+
    Damage: (3d10+40)[63]
    If Crit: (3d10+15)[36]

Show

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

((phone so a bit limited due to inability to see spoilers aka my character sheet. I'll post Aeon's perception roll now and make a post with my pokemon once I am back out of the mountains. I'll rp also once I know perception results.))

Perception: (1d20+7)[21]

(was hoping more to see the boss than beast, but alas damn hiding. Can I shift somewhere to see them?)
    Last edited by Major; 2012-07-03 at 07:22 PM.