Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry it took me so long to post. Been busy moving back up to Orlando and studying for finals and such. Again my apologies and it shouldn't happen again for a long time.

I think he spotted it. He must be waiting for us to follow him. Also thanks for patching me up. I feel a lot better. He says asking Zachariah's question. And Tony... Lets hope it was preemptive. Because if that was just scouting party, I don't want to deal with an entire goon army.

He then sees Aeon and Zachariah jump down in the pit. Having has his fun in the air for a while he decides to grab on the edge of the whole to lower himself down before he dropped down all the way to the bottom.

As his eyes were starting to adjust to the light down at the bottom of the subway lights come on out of nowhere. He turns around and sees that Zachariah and his pokemon are the source of light. We don't want to much light other wise they will see us coming from a long way out.

John waits for the rest of the party to come down before he tells the Rotom to proceed.

Spoiler
    Show
    John's health 147/160
    Rotom's health 37/37

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Titan in the Playground

"We're giving chase. They already know we are here. That fight up there ensured that. Better to see the enemies ahead and not be crashing into walls than the opposite, yes?
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas exhaled. "Also, unfortunately, the beast is going to make it exceptionally clear that /something/ is coming. Let's try to hurry though - no sense giving them additional time to set up."

His camerupt gave a half a stomp - just testing the ground out more than anything else - before preparing to move forward. Truse glanced up the hole once more - being underground meant less chance of a flyer ambush, which certainly made the machoke happy.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

4. - Top - End - #1384

HalflingRangerGuy

I agree, but if they still think we are approaching from above we'll still have some element of surprise. as John is saying this he is minipuating the light that Zach and his pokemon are making. So they still go out and hit the walls, but then only go out in front of them by 20 feet.
    There. We get to see while they can't see us coming. A good compromise?

John uses Photokinesis
    Spoiler
    Show
    I got a range of 81 meters to remove or add light.... this will be fun

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

"Great, now they are hidden and we are not. Look, leave the illumination to me. Either the rest of you go in blind and we rely on my bad eyes to only spot something hot and risk a cold blooded ambush, or we light up the entirety of the area and everyone sees everyone coming. I'd rather nobody be ambushed than we be ambushed." The entire area in a 126m radius lights up. As they continue onwards, Bullet zooming ahead with Ambrule in tow.

Show

6. - Top - End - #1386

HalflingRangerGuy

Okay whatever you say. Just trying to help. Light the way like a Christmas tree then and announce our presence in the underground subway system. John replies as he lets the light go through again.

We ready yet? the longer we wait the more organized they become.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

(Zachariah and his team have been running/flying. I don't know why you're standing around. )

"That I will. We'll see them coming that way." Zachariah and his team continue down the underground path.

Show

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tearu hears the physics bickering like a married couple somewhere behind him as he stays near the center of the tunnel and leads the way. The argument sparks an idea though, "Gun' yōken wa watashi no senaka no ue ni noboru to, soko ni hanguappu suru, watashi no ushiro ni chokusetsu go riyō itadakemasu.Atamanokatai wa watashi ni fōrubakku shi, watashi no me no mae ni migi no taizai, anata no ude ga hikui to taito ni tamotsu." Next he sprint to the edge of the light generated by his teammates as his Pokemon take up their positions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Translation: Gun'yōken climb onto my back and hang there, stay directly behind me. Atamanokatai fall back to me and stay right in front of me, keep your arms low and tight.
    Basicly if the only source of light is from behind Tearu anyone who sees him coming will only see the silhouette of one person running towards them not one person and two mons.
    PTA Character Sheets

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    If waiting on me which Nosugref says you are, not sure why. I jumped in first and posted going after him with or without the party so their actions change nothing. I'm still going down the tunnel with Gallade.

10. - Top - End - #1390

HalflingRangerGuy

seeing that everyone is done in the whole except tony he calls upTony you coming down with us, or do you want me to come back up to join you?

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Turbo touches down with Doug, as Tony hops down. Once Douglas is off, he recalls Turbo and sends out flare. The group heads down the tunnels, following the wrecked tunnels and patches of blood. You eventually find your way to a large room, where three men stand at the far end of another hallway, among a small maze of tunnels. One with a glasgow smile grins, patterns scarred into his skin.
    "New meat, friends!"
    The other two grin, and they send out three giants. A Beast of electric wires, with decaying bodies and steel blades woven into it. A steel serpent over 60' long, face cracked and hissing in fury. Finally, a giant stone beast, slamming it's fists together as dismembered bodies hang from it's beard. The middle one looks about.
    "GET TO WORK, YOU WORTHLESS MAGGOTS!"
    And that's when you hear the boots behind you. Turning, you see 20 more mooks, as they come out of the holes, hallways and hiding spots all around. Which is when Tony's eyes begin to glow, and a couple sigils appear on the big stone one.
    "I'll take the mooks, you handle them!"
    And then he collapses, and the stone one winks.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

Cousin, have I ever told you that you're awesome? "D'accord. Ambrule, brûlez le monstre des fils électronique! Era, Bullet, faites quoi vous pensez est bien!" Ambrule could easily take out the wire thing after he had his fun with it, probably. Heck, if Tony moved she could hopefully hit both and not catch him in the heat wave. "You strike me as one who loves a show," he remarks to the guy with the smile stenciled into his face. "I will try to make this interesting." Zachariah cups his hands around his mouth and blows a stream of flame at the wired thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zachariah used Lava Plume
    AC: (1d20)[20] 2, Burn on 18-20
    Damage: (3d10+36)[53]
    If Crit: (3d10+12)[29]

Take 10 damage. Ambrule is next to Zachariah (backed off after seeing the men waiting). Bullet is closer. Era is hiding behind the group (is Calm Mind's boost no longer active since this is a new fight?

Show

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

"...choke!"
    "Rupt!"

"Not what I expected either." Douglas stared up at the trio of creatures... when one winked.

And simultaneously, Tony collasped.

...Wow. And among other things, that meant that there was one of three that didn't have to be fought at all. What were those things - were they really just gigantic pokemon? The serpent one had a giant crack on his face. Whatever on earth had happened to them, they had to be in a lot of pain.

Right now, however, them being in or out of pain was secondary to similar happening to the rest of the group. Okay!

"Truse - carry Tony. Vicuņa - I'm counting on you."

"Cam!" With a couple fierce stomps, the camerupt stepped forward, flames in its eyes.

Douglas kept himself away from the front lines. His machoke picked up Tony's limp form, holding it safe while standing next to Douglas, and hopefully away from danger. The trainer did, however, utilize his pokedex - maybe that could add more insight.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-08-16 at 10:47 AM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Eon Bow, come to me!" Aeon called out as suddenly a weapon of light materialized in her hands, "As time slows, so slow my target." In a similar manner to the bow, an arrow of light appeared and fired straight at the steel-serpent.

Spoiler
    Show

Ac: (1d20)[14] vs 4 (huntsman means no increase to my ac)
    (2d10+15)[28] (Dragon type, why not?)

If it hits activate my 'Bring Him Down!' to paralyze him. On 15-20 it flinches

15. - Top - End - #1395

BlackDragon

Tearu stands stalk still for a second as he absorbs the events that just unfolded. Atamanokatai is about to turn back to him to demand action when Tearu says "This is just not my day is it guys, oh well back to work. Atamanokatai stay low and attack the electrical one, Gun'yōken hop on." Gun'yōken hops onto tearus back again as he takes off sprinting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tearu runs right at the base of the steal one full sprint if he has to.
    PTA Character Sheets

16. - Top - End - #1396

HalflingRangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    John's health 140/160
    Rotom's health 37/37

Hearing that Tony has his back, John focuses on what's in front of him. He looks at Aeon and sees her shoot an energy shot from a bow that she just summoned at the giant steel snake. After recovering from the shock of seeing that, he decides that is time to melt the thing down to size.

John breathes fire from his mouth and uses his power of the wind to make a giant wall of fire trapping the beast on all sides.

Spoiler
    Show
    John uses Fire spin
    Accuracy roll (4) (1d20)[18](18)
    Damage (1d12+34)[4](38)X2 due to super effective.
    Trapped (1d4+1)[1](2)rounds and takes 1d12 worth of damage for every turn trapped.
    Last edited by nosugref4323; 2012-08-15 at 06:48 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The Steelix roars as the fire melts part of it, anger growing. The Beast, a tangrowth, gives a warbling cry and topples over, sending pieces of bodies at you. The three men scowl, and send out pokemon-one an alakazam covered in piercings, one a giant blue penguin with a crown, and what appears to be a lanturne from Void (namely, like an unholy cross between an electric eel and an IRL angler fish) as the probopass leaps into the people behind you.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-08-22 at 10:45 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Titan in the Playground

"Good gods, what is that thing!? Ambrule, stratčge F-C ā l'un qui ne résiste pas le feu!" Ambrule spits a flame that lazily floats towards the Alakazam.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Will-o-Wisp
    Fire, Status
    AC: (1d20)[9] 4, Burns

"Blue mon. Likely aquatic. Selecting offensive action...done." Bullet charges the penguin, crackling with electricity as he slams a fist into it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    T-Punch
    Electric, Physical
    AC: (1d20)[6] 2, Paralyze on 19-20
    Damage: (3d10+27)[36]
    If Crit: +(3d10+12)[33]

Era recoils slightly at the appearance of such powerful mons, but calms quickly. So be it. Several leaves appear out of nowhere around her and fly quickly at the demon Lanturn, hopefully finishing it quickly. She focuses on Bullet intently while the leaves do their damage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Magical Leaf
    Grass, Special
    AC: (1d20)[4] Always hits
    Damage: (2d10+35)[48]
    If Crit: (2d10+8)[24]

Use Trace to gain Lightning Rod.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-08-22 at 10:55 PM.

Show

19. - Top - End - #1399

BlackDragon

As Tearu passes by the base of the steelix Gun'yōken jumps of his back and runs up the steelix's back when he arrives at the head of the steelix it gathers energy into it's palm and attacks the crack in the steelix's head.

Meanwhile Atamanokatai, sees the "beast" fainted by the attacks of the trainers and as well as the deployment of the next wave and decides to take the fight to the demon lamp.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gun'yōken: Force Palm
    Fight
    (1d20)[19](19) (2) paralize on 18-20
    (1d10+34)[9](43)

Atamanokatai: Pursuit
    Dark
    (1d20)[6](6) (2)
    (1d8+18)[2](20)
    PTA Character Sheets

20. - Top - End - #1400

HalflingRangerGuy

Rotom use confuse ray on the pokemon that just got sent out!
    Rotom calmly but quickly gets into postion in an attempt to get all of the pokemon that just got sent out of their pokeballs in a straight line. Rotom then fires a purple beam that it constantly changing collors at the as many of the opposing pokemon as it can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rotom uses confuse ray. confuses all targets in 1 column 10 squares long and 1 square wide.
    The goal is to hit all of them, but whatever position will hit the most will work. That also avoids hitting our pokemon and trainers.
    I just realized that this isn't exactly the best place for a lvl 10... but here's hoping he's ignored so he gets a massive level up.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Aeon looks annoyed as each of the targets perfect for Gallade are ganged up on by everyone.

"Ugh, it'll be weak, but whatever. Fury Cutter on the Alakazam." Aeon said to her partner.
    Spoiler
    Show

Attack vs Alakazam
    Fury Cutter- Bug
    (1d20)[2] vs 3
    (1d4+25)[27]

Sadly the perfect time to use Luster Purge or Mist Ball and most resist psychic -_-. I'm guessing lantern is dark, unless type shifted the others are 1/2. A few suspicions I have make me think it'd be less for a few. But whatever. Plus with Probass and the other melee's might not be a good idea anyways.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-08-23 at 02:06 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ogre in the Playground

"Vicuņa! Go with a bulldoze!"

The Camerupt reared back, and gave a no kidding stomp - one far more fierce than before. This time it didn't cover Douglas in sand, either!

Spoiler
    Show

Vic will use bulldoze.

Target is actually the lanturn. If the lanturn is not up by the time Vic's turn comes around, or if he cannot hit him without hitting other pokemon, then he'll aim for the penguin instead. If he also can't target the penguin for the same reason, then it's the steelix, then the alakazam in that order.

(So Lanturn, then Penguin, then Steelix, then Alakazam)

Aanyway, Solid rock is now static, so that is just active in case of nasty water-based retaliation. :P

Attack roll: (1d20)[16]
    Damage Roll: (2d10+34)[44]

Oh - also, bulldoze lowers speed one stage on whomever it hits.

Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-08-23 at 04:43 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The mon get confused, the steelix faints, and the alakazam burns, while the penguin gets zapped. In the flashing lights of the area, Zach's eyes don't spot it, but Doug's (and more people as they come in) do. Four pillars around the area you're fighting in look suspiciously like Bullet's arms. And it's looking at you, now.
    (1d20)[12], (1d20)[16], (1d20)[4]-anti confusion rolls.
    Assuming they get to move, the fish hisses a laugh out, before launching more lightning into the area, apparently feeding the thing. Meanwhile, the Alakazam will drag the piercings out and launch them at you all, and the empoleon blasts forward towards Vic, who just made himself a really appetizing target.
    (1d20)[14], (1d20)[14]
    (2d10+8)[17]-shards of metal shooting at you, treat as steel typed
    (1d12+22)[29]
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-08-25 at 02:09 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

Truse's eyes widened at the shards. Reflexively, he interposed himself between the attack and his trainer - he wasn't thinking about Tony's well being until it was too late, although he did try to turn at the last minute.

Douglas almost walked forward, noting Vicuņa was hurt - but now was a bad moment to try to surge forward, as that'd just put himself in more danger. The camerupt's eyes were literally glowing with fire as he glared at the enormous penguin who'd slammed into him. "CAM!" He growled, making his intent of retaliation quite clear to the water pokemon.

"Keep it together, Vicuņa..." Douglas warned.

Spoiler
    Show

Vicuņa loses 19*2 = 38hp (Solid rock prevents that from being x4)

Truse's attempt to block for Tony: (1d20)[6] (13 or better)
    Truse's attempt to block for Douglas: (1d20)[20] (11 or better)
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-08-25 at 02:51 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Zachariah: 126/156
    Ambrule: 77/78
    Era: 100/110
    Bullet: 72/72

Zachariah winces as the piercings hit him. "That's a rather pathetic trick for such a powerful Psychic. You have power, why not use it!" He shouts the last part as he flings a ball of dark energy at the Alakazam.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow Ball
    Special, Ghost
    AC: (1d20)[6] 2, Lower Sp Defense on 17-20
    Damage: (3d10+36)[58]
    If Crit: +(3d10+12)[31]

Show

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As the piercing fly at her and the bow turns into a strange crest which forms around her creating a small barrier. The shards thrust through the barrier and hit her, but while she grunts, Aeon doesn't cry out or say anything. Tempus blocks to the best of his ability and only a few shards leave any marks.

Once the attack is done, Aeon throws out the pokeball containing Neko as she frowns and lifts her hands, each one spread out in a different direction, and moves them quickly. As her fingers move they leave behind a strange light as if her fingers were somehow drawing. Once she finishes, the strange beams of light create two symbols in the air, one on the right, one on the left. She presses her one hand against each symbol and a bright blast of light explodes from her and covers the entire room granting power and energy to all her allies.

"I'd recommend as many of you fall back as possible. I've got a special present for them next turn." Aeon says calmly.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Righteous Sign. Woot, Latias and Latios tag team crest attack!
    =All allies can pick one stat (other than HP) and raise it two combat stages.

Gallade picks attack.
    Neko picks special attack.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-08-25 at 06:07 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1407

HalflingRangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    John's health 120/160
    Rotom's health 37/37

John nods in the direction of Aeon to acknowledge that he heard her, and is falling back. Close enough to give support if any is needed but far enough away not to be getting in the way.You heard her Rotom fall back.

As he begins to fall back he gathers up the light around him in his hands and turns into an object that is as dark as night. He then stops and hurls the darkened light rays at the Alakazam. Now you see us... now you don't!

Spoiler
    Show
    Uses night daze
    Accuracy check of (2) (1d20)[9](9) on a 13+ accuracy check increases by 1 for the entire encounter
    (3d12+14)[9][10][2](35)X2 because it's a dark move so it is super effective

Also excuse me for forgetting to to say that rotom choses speed the speed stat to increase two combat stages... If I get it (not sure if i do or not) I would like my dex/speed to go up.
    Last edited by nosugref4323; 2012-08-28 at 01:29 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ogre in the Playground

The patterns of the functionally magical signs did catch Douglas' attention - and between the twin dark and ghost attacks and Tearu's...

...he paused.

Were those... he considered Bullet for a moment. Then some of the support beams. It was conjecture, and he didn't want to panic people, but... he aimed his pokedex at them. Was it?

John had pointed out - people rarely looked up. Summarily, he looked up.

"Guys!" He pointed to the 'beams'. "Those look like bullet's... I think that's a pokemon - a big one!"
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-08-27 at 06:18 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Ah dammit, they figured it out. CRUSHER, GET YOUR LAZY SHINY METAL ASS UP!"
    The three humans send out two more mon each. A 12 foot tall scorpion thing, two long, serpent like mon, what looks a bit like a punching bag made of steel and terribly scarred, and two birds come out. Meanwhile, the ceiling shakes, and the four columns rise up, separating from a central metal disc and throwing dirt and rock everywhere. Looks like you got their attention, guys.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-08-30 at 10:06 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

"Aw, I never get to have any fun!"
    "Just throw a burst at the giant thing!"
    Ambrule frowns. Never get to really have any fun. She fires a burst of flame at a joint in the giant thing's body, between a leg and the main body, catching the leg in more of the blast.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flame Burst
    Fire, Special
    AC: (1d20)[19] 2
    Damage: (3d8+42)[47]
    If Crit: +(3d8+10)[18]
    1/16th max HP from all caught in the blast

Era splits into four different copies. She and two of the copies stay back for now, but one rushes close to Zachariah.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Era uses Double Team. +2 to all evasion.

"Um...am I the only one feeling that force? ...okay, guess so- ooh! Birds!" He slashes at one of the birds that came out, or both if he am reach them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Metal Claw
    Steel, Physical, Pass
    AC: (1d20)[17] 3, raise Attack 1 Stage on 18-20
    Damage: (2d8+34)[42]
    If Crit: +(2d8+6)[11]

If two hittable, second hit
    AC: (1d20)[8] 5, Raise Attack on 18-20
    Damage: (2d8+34)[42]
    If Crit: +(2d8+6)[18]

Show