New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,491 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Oh relax, metal boy, I'm not rewriting your thoughts. And hey, I don't go for that sort of thing, male or dead... yeah, don't go for guys. Their clothes are too bloodied and tattered to make much of a profit anyways. Though I might be able to sell one just by it belonging to the Steelixtails leader... Nah, probably wouldn't get much for it. Ambrule floats defensively towards her trainer and glares right back at Tearu while her trainer overall ignores the objections of the others. Well, as best as a Lampent could.

The knife turns red hot again and Zachariah begins cutting at the neck of the leader. "Made a bad angle cut on the hand and ran into solid bone, which I can't get through, then realized that the head would be a better thing to bring as proof of death anyways. Hands can be lost without dying. Heads are a bit tougher to live without.

And I guess I should better explain, as I misspoke. Carrying several bodies through town and then explaining it as, well for lack of a more apt description, vigilanteism doesn't get the best of responses. Being able to simply go trough town and present the evidence to the police and go on unhindered is much simpler."
    A last slice with the knife and the head of the leader falls off and rolls a bit. He puts the head in the bag, adding the severed hand as well.

Zach sighs and coughs a bit at the stench. So much that I'm gonna have to repress from this. He ties up the bag and grabs the other, letting out Katergaris and Nox. "Hé Bullet, help Katergaris and Nox push this thing off of the body." The dark blue Machoke, Zweilous and Metang all shove the Probopass, slowly pushing it off of the crushed body.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gonna ask Esh about how scavengeable the body is and if there even is anything identifiable enough to be worth taking
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "Made a bad angle cut on the hand and ran into solid bone
    "Ah." Now, granted, Douglas had never thought about that really before as he wasn't a surgeon, but given anatomy it'd make sense.

And I guess I should better explain, as I misspoke.
    "Uh, why?" Interrupted Douglas. He gestured. "They're already on fire, you're already cutting, so the point is quite moot at this point."

He glanced about. "We should get moving, though. Back to the centre at least. You did great, buddy." He patted his camerupt on the head.

After analyzing the enemy pokemon, he'd return the ones that... well, could be returned. Truse, being quite a bit stronger than Douglas, helped him hoist pokemon bodies to test. He did have a few ideas on people that may be able to help battered pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show

Whoops, forgot mind reading is probably going on.

Douglas is neither being sarcastic nor is he angry. He hadn't agreed with setting them on fire or removing limbs, but at this point the decision has been made - so he's turning his attention to any pokemon (or people, I suppose) who may still need help. :P 'What to do with dead bodies' is not important enough for him to really care about.

Also he feels more than a little sick to his stomach and can't fathom all this nonsense having happened. He's worried about Truse being okay, although he thinks he is. He's a bit worried that Vic may not mind the death so much, as that feels too close to being his-mind of Raleigh.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-11-04 at 01:35 PM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Seems a bit morbid, but they were twisted." Aeon says glancing around. "Anyone with a water pokemon could probably wake up our ally with a nice water gun to the face."

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Removing the Probopass doesn't reveal much to scavenge at all. Zachariah grimaces at the sight and looks slightly squeamish, but goes about scraping through the paste of human remains. What else do they identify people by... Fingerprints, profile, DNA... Tooth work, if I remember correctly. He starts lifting what little solid remains, bits of skin and muscle, and any small yellow teeth, putting the mix in a separate bag. The crushed man doesn't catch fire as easily, being too soaked with- And then Zachariah vomits, from the stench and slow realization of everything that was happening.

"Guh... Let's go." He tosses the bags of evidence in his bag, recalls Katergaris, and Nox once he starts to sniff at the human and Pokémon remains, and starts walking. Ambrule helps support him as he heads back the way they came, still not looking where the rest of the group was. It didn't matter where, he just wanted to be away from there, to be home helping his sister with the eggs, or hunting for Pidove and Tranquill with his dad.

Show

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

There are several Mooks that are alive, if unconscious. A little less than half weren't lucky enough, as Tony begins doing last rites before letting Flare cremate them, removing things of use-money, living mon, things like that. The leaders have about 20 grand among the three of them. Meanwhile, Doug finds most of the pokemon are dead, but normally not from your inflicted injuries. Something fried their brains while you were in combat. The only one alive is the metagross, and it's pokeball is suspiciously absent...

Gear: 20,000 cash, 15 pokeballs, 8 greatballs, 4 ultra balls, 2 dusk balls. Unknown attachments.

Sug, you can wake up, now.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-11-04 at 07:15 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Helping the metagross?

That... actually annoyed Douglas more than anything else. So they spent extra effort in the middle of theoretically fighting for their lives to purely take actions which could only possibly reduce the odds of them succeeding.

The layers of idiocy that it took to make that work was mind boggling. And then it was also terrible, but the mind boggling took preference over the terribility.

Still, he went through the pokemon who were not dead - he could pass them over to the police or at least open the balls there (At least, the ones that Zach had not already obtained)... which alerted him to the fact that the metagross was still up and about, like the probopass was merely unconscious.

"Oh! Oh wow - uh, are you conscious?" He glanced at his dex very briefly as he'd never heard of a 'metagross' before. Sure, it was obviously a mineral egg group pokemon, but... supercomputer? Okay, that means he needs to explain and not like... pet him.

"It's - it's over now. No more fighting is needed. I'm going to attempt to help your wounds - here to help you. Please don't... uh, smash me."

Truse, now, in no way trusted the psychic pokemon who was right there, but he wasn't afraid of psychic pokemon the way he was afraid of flying pokemon, so it was more of a cautionary watching than a nervous one.

Anyway, Douglas heals up the metagross if permitted to do so.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The arm actually winces away from your touch. A clanging, metallic voice enters your head.
    NO. NO MORE PEOPLE. NO MORE PAIN. WILL HEAL ON MY OWN.
    It's...scared of you? It seems scared. Do you continue trying to treat it?

(Nosugref: You can get up now. Just making sure you see this.)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-11-04 at 07:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

John gets up with a splitting headache... It's really hard to explain a part of you dying. but that's what it felt like. After his eyes adjusted to the lights in the room he gets up and looks around the room.

Bodies are being cremated, pokemon are being buried, loot being dived, and the smell was awful.

So much death... was it really worth it? John thinks to himself. I was only trying to protect myself and those around me, but I killed several people.... as if it was nothing. Am I some sort of animal?! what if they had families? Or possibly kids, they probably make the same mistakes as parents did and...

He couldn't think anymore as the smell over came him, and he turned his head and just puked.

I think I continue to dwell on it somewhere where else so i can hold my stomach. He thinks to himself.

After looking at the leaders body he looks at the 3 degree burns and then looks at the charizard.Did you do that? he nods as if proud of his power. I think I'm just going to call you Scorch. Return Scorch. With a flash of light the charizard is returned.

So what do we do now? He asks to the group in a depressed tone.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I agree, we can divide stuff and discuss what next in a safer and less horrible smelling area." Aeon says with a nod as she turns and heads the way they came. "Tempus, back to me since the guy is up."

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground

It.... it was afraid.

That actually took Douglas a moment to mentally parse. He couldn't - both in the unable to and not skilled at sense of 'couldn't' - hurt anyone - he was far from intimidating. So it had to be because he was human - because humans had done such horrible things that he just attributed humans with pain.

That very idea was terrible. This was just one day - one of a million other days where things like this must have happened, but with the metagross on the more victorious end. This wasn't a one-time event of someone swiping an egg, this was far deeper running. What did someone say in a case like this? Douglas wanted to heal the metagross - not just physically, but mentally. But what could he say that could even begin to help? How did you heal a damaged mind?

The metagross had spoken to him. That was a good sign - he hadn't immediately lashed out. On that same note, however, the words were tinged with fear - he was just trying to avoid getting any more pain.

Also, it was a threat.

Since if he kept going, Douglas was increasingly likely to be attacked. And... and he recognized that too.

"Not... not all humans want to cause pain, my friend."

Douglas was afraid, yes - the thing was freaking huge. Still, he stepped forward, despite Truse's hesitation as he felt the Metagross tense. "I don't want to cause pain. We are not here to hurt you - I will not hurt you. I just want to help - let me help you heal."

Not all humans were bad.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

@Kantolin: You notice flickering, from one of the arms. A red eye peeking at you, slamming shut as soon as it realizes you spot it.
    JUST GO. I...I JUST WANT TO GO HOME. PLEASE. FINALLY FREE. LEAVE ME ALONE.
    Closer, you see the scars of lashes, electric scorching, drill marks, all sorts of wounds. Many of which weren't caused by you, or your group.
    I DID WHAT I MUST TO LIVE. YOU HAVE NO CAUSE TO CONTINUE. ALL WHO HURT ME LAY DEAD NOW.
    It seems to want to shy away, but is scared. Possibly that the others might attack again.

@group: Doug's apparently talking to the massive metagross while you decide to leave. Tony waves you on.
    "I have to finish seeing to the dead. Go on."

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

He didn't get smashed!

Boy, did he feel lucky about that. "Wait - that I may be able to help you with. You said you want to go home. Where is your home?"

He took a deep inhale, then an exhale. He tried to rest his hands on the Metagross - hopefully showing how calm he was. "I can help you get there. Or, if not there, I know of a place with a lot of pokemon and very few humans. That may be a better place to rest than the middle of a city."

The metagross' behavior doesn't make Truse any less worried for Douglas' safety. He kept one hand firmly on his trainer for safety.

Douglas had honestly forgotten that he'd been the one to say 'Hey, let's go back now'.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Titan in the Playground

Don't worry John, your Charizard isn't a murderer. The only things we killed were the Eelektross and them. The rest were still twitching as though they were living when they went down. The flame of the bodies brighten at the word them. The telepathic voice is one of regret.

Murderer... You're- I'm a murderer. So what who or what they they were? I killed them. I took pleasure in killing them.

"Zach, you look like you're upset."
    I'm a murderer. A killer.
    "So a few nasty people are gone from the world. What's the problem?"
    Because what if next time they aren't as blatantly evil and I don't think to hold back!? What if this becomes a norm for me!? What if-
    "You're a good person, Zachariah. These men were evil. There was no other option. Kill or be killed."
    What if we could have taken them in alive?
    "They fought to the last breath. I don't know how they did it, but when some of them went down, they were dead before their back was on the ground. There was no between for conscious and dead."
    I just don't like where this could lead...
    "And I don't like feeding on death. So you know what? I don't do it often, and only when I really need to." The Lampent shrinks down to about 5 inches and wraps its arms around Zachariah's Hexing pendant, hanging over his heart. "You're a good man." Zachariah pats her on the brim. His most loyal friend. He did wonder whether he should listen to a spirit of death for moral advice, but she had always supported him. Besi-

He pauses as he hears the scratching of metal and turns around, seeing Doug approach the Metagross. "Doug, what are you doing?"

Show

14. - Top - End - #1484

HalflingRangerGuy

We'll I was referring to the burns on his chest for the nickname. But thanks for telling me that.

John also hears the scraping of metal and realizes its the giant metagross. And Doug approached it and nothing bad was happening.

Zach I think we should sit this one out. He got himself this far let him see it out.
    Last edited by nosugref4323; 2012-11-04 at 11:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Titan in the Playground

I am. Just...being cautious. He watches the Metagross very carefully, shaking slightly. This was the same being that had crushed him into the floor not ten minutes before, after all.

Show

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Gun'yoken," Tearu says as he waves the lucario toward him. "Keep an eye on that metogross if it looks like its going to get violent get between it and the medic. Otherwise leave it alone." His worry for the fragile medic done, he searches one of the dead goons wallets collecting a large sum of cash. Then moves on to watch the proceedings from the cave entrance
    PTA Character Sheets

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

C'mon dice, charisma check!

(1d20+7)[24]

Edit: Phew!
    Also, as a note, uh, Douglas will be responding to other people next post too. ^_^

Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-11-05 at 04:43 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

MOUNTAINS. FAR FROM HERE.
    A metal arm begins to teeter precariously over your head.
    STOP. I KILLED MY TORMENTORS WHICH YOUR GROUP WEAKENED. I AM GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP IN THAT ENDEAVOR. HOWEVER, CONTINUE AND I WILL KILL YOU TOO.
    As you approach, it seems more and more freaked out, as you begin catching it shift it's bulk away from you as you approach. The tunnel takes a hit, as the metagross backs into the wall.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas, in fact, stopped.

Also, Truse would have stopped him if he hadn't. Still, he shook his head - the idea of killing out of various necessities bugged him. "Well - I can help there with at least some directios - you said mountains."

He unscrolled his Town Map™. "Can you guesstimate which mountains? That'll at least give you a direction. Some hope, right?"

He took a half step backwards... which was when it dawned on him that he was quite ignoring everyone else. He turned. "Oh... huh."

A momentary scratch of the back of his head. "Sorry, I got wrapped up in trying to help my friend here. Give him a little time, though."

...was he the first person to be nice with no strings attached to the metagross in a long time? Well, even if not, he wanted to maintain that.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

20. - Top - End - #1490

HalflingRangerGuy

He can have all the time he needs... At least until the authorities arrive... then there might not be anymore time. And I think I speak for all of us when I say we don't want to go through that again.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

New thread here! part 2, this time with PLOT!
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-11-09 at 08:34 AM.