New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Quote Originally Posted by EspritRequin View Post
    I'd have let Ambrule take care of the egg, but open flames near an egg is probably a dad idea
    Douglas chuckled at that suggestion. "Yeah - unsteady flames near an egg's a good way of separating the inner membrame. Especially if there's a Chalaza in there - course, then you could easily fix it with proper rotation."

He then shook his head. "Sorry,though. My name is Douglas - Douglas Bóaire. This is Truse." He thumbed to the machoke behind him.

"Ma-choke?" (What egg?)

Douglas glanced between the two, looking for a family resemblance. "So you two are cousins? Does that mean you're a... mystic, right?"
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    "Luthor Belfast. You probably saw my interview after buying the Safari Zone to help protect the endangered species within. Wait...Crikey, you were by the charmander and geodude! They haven't grown fond of people yet or captured, have they? They'll be impossible to introduce to their respective populations then!"
    (Congratulations, you have avoided shooting this world's version of Steve Irwin while not knowing you were shooting this world's approximate version of Steve Irwin.)
    Tesla holds up a hand to indicate Kara should hold off on blasting the poor bloke. "Hold on Kara, this bloke is a Pokemon Preservationist. He tries to help endangered species of Pokemon to come back from the edge of extinction." Turning to Belfast, "I think I saw the Charmander land on someone's head. I don't know if that qualifies as being 'fond' of people or not. Mind explaining exactly how Charmander and Geodude fell from the upper area?"
    Awesome Avatar by Darth Raynn.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Avatar by Szilard. Other Awesome Avatars by Darth Raynn.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, Arceus no. Mystics are pretty rare in our family. We're still pretty well connected with the dead, however. I'm a psychic, actually. My line of the family is predominantly Hex Maniacs, but I'm a Fire Breather, much to my parents' annoyance." He flicks a small flame up into the air and then extinguishes it to prove his point. "Of course I hate the term. Makes me sound like some sort of sideshow character. Anyways, our families are somewhat distant genetically. We moved to Unova...quite a while ago, but we stayed connected. Several generations at least. But that's never interesting to people in the family, let alone non-family. So what about you? You seem to know your way around eggs."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-06 at 01:38 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh 'what' no? Are zus? Was that a psychic term?

"Heh, I've always found lineage to be fascinating myself - it's great that you keep in touch despite such distance."

He stretched. "I'm a breeder and hatcher myself - my focus is on ensuring that family becomes the best that they can be."

"Choke." (He's really good with eggs.)

"Ah right - thanks, Truse. I'm also working on being a medic - I'm just a novice there, though."

The machoke half-smiled - it was easy to be misinterpreted when the two couldn't actually speak. Douglas nodded. "Sounds like you just recieved a new egg?"

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara frowns. She had just been pointing her finger to shoot the guy when Tesla blocked her hand. "Then why was he chasing those pokemon? They looked scared!" She said with a frown. "If he is scaring and hurting pokemon I'm going to kick his ass." She turned and glared at the guy, "You got lucky I missed the first shot. You better explain yourself!" Kara demanded. She hadn't watched much TV during her travels and as such her knowledge was mostly academical.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Kara and Tesla: "I don't speak pokemon is what happened, unfortunately. Frankly, does every wild pokemon you meet understand what you're doing, or would they freak out a bit if you put them in a cage so they didn't put themselves in danger until you arrived? I am not a ranger, after all. I can't make companions like they do. No, the best I can do is rely on my pokemon to get the message across or quickly and nonlethally knock'em out if they begin causing chaos with my false swiper Shugo, and a quick tackle from one of the twins. Those pokemon are both rare, and the charmander breeding population is still being built up. The geodude is just different from most, which when you think about the standard trainer mindset, could have been a danger to his fellows. Either of which would help the preserve keep up profits too, as trainers pay to get unique data."

Pete: The two grab it out of your hand, grateful.
    "There was that guy on the other side of the boat, about...fifteen minutes ago?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-06 at 10:32 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

"Ar-see-us. Pretty much the god of...well, everything.

Good to hear it interests you. All it really means to me is my parents send me off to Kanto every now and then to stay in touch.

Yeah, it was a gift from a trainer who had lost both their Gardevoir and Gallade. They had had a clutch of eggs before dying and they asked me to have one as a thanks for Ambrule here,"
    he motions towards the Litwick on his shoulder, "communicating with their ghost before they finished passing on. You know, making sure they had no hard feelings, final goodbyes. Anyways, we've been trying to take care of it, but right now that has been predominantly wrapping it in warm towels and swapping those around. I'm worried that we're just going to end up killing it. I can feel a living mind in there, thankfully, but... Could you give us a hand with it?"

Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

"Well not everyone can perfectly communicate with Pokemon like you can Kara. Some mis-communication is to be expected." Tesla turned and spoke into his gauntlet, "Caspar, Disengage Gauntlet Mode." The small Rotom popped out of the Gauntlet, and hovered around his shoulder. "Now shall we help Mr Belfast try and recover the Pokemon? You might be able to better communicate his intentions to them."
    Last edited by Prospector; 2012-01-06 at 11:19 AM.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Wait, she can do what now?"
    He looks curious. He pulls out a pokeball and releases a grovyle.
    "Can I see that? Please?"

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. Granted, he had been told that Zach was psychic, so maybe reading his mind shouldn't come as a surprise. He had to... think about that one, though, as he liked what was in his head remaining there.

"I definitely wouldn't mind taking a lot at the egg - depending on how far along it is from hatching, warm towels might not be a terrible idea, heh. I'm pretty familiar with the humanshape egg group." He added, glancing at Truse for a moment.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Peter slaps his hand to his forehead. "Enjoy your, uh, alone time, sir and madam."
    He heads off to the other side of the ship, stopping to meet up with Brain and Chelonii. "Okay, guys, we seem to be on a bit of a wild Zangoose chase. But we're not giving up! Come back into your Pokeballs." He shoots the laser through one of the grates in the vents, and runs back to where he had originally seen the man.
    There he meets up with Eihwaz and Bulwark. "W1e're going to do this together. Bulwark, Eihwaz, we're looking for the guy we saw up in the vents earlier. You two go on ahead and try to find him. We'll follow as closely as we can."
    Last edited by PresentPresence; 2012-01-06 at 02:00 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

"Here, Flare is sitting right by it keeping it warm." Bullet finally shows up, partly red and holding a torn piece of steak.

Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

There is s surprised bark from Flare, then. Turning, you see cracks beginning to form in the top. Grabbing two ends of the towel, she drags it closer to the group, as the charmander, Reaper, and Lil' Helper hop down from their perches to help move it. As it gets to roughly the middle, the egg's top shatters, revealing the top of a Ralts's head.
    Congratulations, your egg hatched into Ralts! Apply Doug's breeder bonus as you see fit!
    (Thus, the chain reaction begins. Next time those of you with eggs visit your room, your egg will hatch.)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-06 at 02:57 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara frowns, "So you just care about protecting them so you can make money?" She asked.

However, upon being asked about her ability she sighed. She didn't feel like being a freak show. However, when he released the pokemon she looked at it. She hadn't seen a Grovyle before.

"There isn't much to see...it happens quickly and it isn't verbal."
    She mumbled.

Without saying a word she used her telepathic powers to send emotions of friendliness and curiosity. Hi there. I've not seen a pokemon like you before. She said with a smile on her face. What's your name?
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-06 at 03:30 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

He shrugs at that.
    "It takes money to keep facilities up to date, expand the preserve, keep inexperienced visitors safe, workers paid, and guards able to handle poachers. So profit is a little important, yes."
    The Grovyle moves its head to the side, and looks at you.
    Grooov? (Verdant Blade is my name. What about you, human?)
    You both see it glance to Luthor, before miming several things.
    "'She...is...in...my...head. Ha! Someone like you could solve plenty of my transport problems, if you're willing."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-06 at 03:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Why do people charge you to handle poachers?" Kara asked confused, "You can't get volunteers for something like that?"

Then she looked back at the pokemon. My name is Kara. Does this man treat pokemon fine? He claims to be a good guy. You can tell me if he is really a bad guy I won't tell him you told me.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-06 at 04:18 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Well yes, there are volunteers. But employing people ensures better security in this case, as they can then stay around longer."
    The grovyle narrows its eyes, and you can sense potential hostility.
    What exactly are you implying?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-06 at 07:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas stepped towards the egg as he noticed it hatching, and knelt by it.

He did not, however, touch it. For humanshapes, it was especially important that they got out of the egg on their own.

Still, everything looked good - and thus before the Ralts finished hatching, he backed away. Which was reflexive to avoid imprinting, but that didn't actually mean anything from a Ralts as they didn't. Everything looked good.

"Looks like everything worked out well after all! Heh, maybe you have a knack for this yourself."

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Tesla watched as Belfast tried to recruit Kara. Based on her reactions, Kara had no intention on taking him up on his offer. Tesla decided to step in and steer the conversation in a new direction. "Mr Belfast, should we not get going and find those missing Pokemon? I mean the more time we spend here, the more likely a trainer will try and catch them."

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Poke-OH MEW I FORGOT THE POKEMON! Verdant, return!"
    The grovyle returns to his ball as he runs off towards the battle deck.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-07 at 01:37 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Zachariah carefully walks up to the Ralts, trying not to scare it. It was so small, just over half the size of a "grown" Ralts. (Directed at the Ralts only, trying to "sound as friendly as possible) Hi. It's good to finally see the body attatched to the mind that was sitting in that egg with us for three days. Do you have a name? I'm Zachariah.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing as the Ralts is not technically caught yet (do we have to catch them?), I figured that technically the Ralts is not under my control. I can finish this if the DM disagrees.

Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(It's yours now)
    The ralts looks at you curiously. You feel the baby probe around in your own mind. You hear it giggle, in both your mind and the real world.

The ralts is not able to move quite yet, just having hatched. The body's muscles have not gotten set up at all, and it is still too young to put in a ball-generally, humanforms take a couple days to grow accustomed to moving and to be safely moved in a pokeball, with ralts becoming able to psychically talk around the same time. Seems to like you, though.

(1d2)[2]
    1 Male, 2 Female
    (In case you hadn't decided yet)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-07 at 12:51 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, and I deceded on female anyways. It happened for a reason.

"Heh, seems that you can't quite form words yet. Well that's okay. Ambrule, Bullet, any ideas on what to name her?" He sends a calm, reassuring thought to the Ralts as he picks her up telekinetically, so as to avoid damaging her in any way by moving her, and holds her in his arms like a child.

"She's adorable-" The Ralts at once began to start crying when Ambrule began to speak. Small nails and debris begins to swirl around as though blown by a non-existant wind.

"Oh crap. Um, what would set her off... Ambrule, did you direct your speech at her?"

"No."

"It's probably the sound of you speaking but not being understandable. They few times you aren't speaking so I can hear you, it still gives me chills. Just talk so we can all hear." Zachariah again begins sending more reassuring thoughts to the newborn. She begins to calm down, and the dust settles to the ground.

"Judge... powerful little thing. Just wait until she can actually control herself! Hm... Vis? She strikes me as a Vis." The Ralts doesn't react to the sound this time, and doesn't seem to respond to the name. She yawns and falls asleep.

"Little thing's tired out after getting scared. She needs to rest." Zachariah drops off the Ralts on the bed. "Ambrule, you're going to watch her. Remember that she's very young and very shy. If she get's scared, just talk to her as kindly as you can. Psychics aren't exactly friendly towards ghosts..." Ambrule nodded and sat by the bed like she did earlier in the morning. After a few minutes, he was back to the small group. "Ambrule's keeping an eye on her while she sleeps."

Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Orc in the Playground

"We should follow him. You can thank me later. Caspar, thanks for the support. Return." Tesla quickly followed after Belfast, making sure he did not get mistaken for a villain.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Peter, as you exit with your pokemon, you spot that guy, and Tesla seems to be in pursuit! You don't immediately spot Kara, but she is kind of short.

Outside, trainers notice the sky seeming to spontaneously create storm clouds, as the waters around the ship become choppy. What's more, the Red Current seems to have picked up on something, as even the gyaradoses are swimming as far and fast away from the ship as possible.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

"Judge, this doesn't look good. Bullet, keep close. You might be needed." Zachariah feels around mentally for Ambrule and the Ralts, and keeps an "eye" on them to make sure things are going fine (would I need to make some sort of concentration check for this? As of now if taking ten is possible I have a nice 16 if it is based on either CON or INT, which Voltorb Flip, another thing that requires focus, uses as the stat). "Hey guys, weather is looking kind of nasty up there. Gyrados don't just flee." Zachariah checks the Pokédex for anything that would cause weather like what he's seeing right now.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-07 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Autocorrect: Gyrados? Excuse me, but I believe you meant to say Grasps. Here, I'll fix it.

Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(I'll let you keep it active for now)
    As you look down, the screaming begins, as the thunderous clapping of thousands of wings begins around you. Looking up, dozens, maybe hundreds of flying types pierce the cloud cover, most notably salamences, charizards, dragonites, and even aerodactyls, more than you've ever heard of in the same place and heading towards the ship.

This isn't the cause of the screaming, however. That goes to the absolutely gigantic green, serpentine dragon barreling down towards the ship, bellowing rage and fury as the storm clouds open, lashing the ocean with lightning, twisters, hail, and torrential rain as it dives under the water. Your pokedex flashes one word at you, as green coils rise up around the ship: Rayquaza. Dragon god of weather, as some call it. And it seems to be taking the ship, as you feel it lift the entire ship out of the water.

Below, great, terrible green claws shred into the hull, piercing the battle deck. Then, the ship gives a mighty lurch up, sending people and pokemon sprawling. But even the tumult here is drowned out by the roar outside.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-07 at 03:44 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

"Holy..." Tesla quickly grabbed the nearest handhold he could find. He also whips out his Dex and starts scanning the Legendary. He then moves onto the other myriad of 'dragon' Pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh ****, oh ****, holy ****. This is bad. This is very very bad!" Zachariah begins running across the deck to his room to get Ambrule and the Ralts while scanning the many draconic Pokémon. (to Ambrule) Ambrule, gently wake the Ralts! Things are going very badly out here! (switching to the Ralts, thinking as calmly as he can) Okay, it's time to wake up. You have to wake up now.

Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

They are awake and screaming, as Ambrule phased through a wall to see what was going on. Bullet is the main reason you are able to move, as the ship begins rising higher and higher into the sky, being circled by riled up dragon and flying types.

Both of you, add one trainer level for sheer number of pokemon scanned.