New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Tesla dexterously sends out Melchior, Caspar and Relic. "Melchior and Caspar, infiltrate the ships system and provide as much support as you can to keep the ship intact and sea worthy. Also feed me updates on the ships condition. And if it looks like it is lost, you get back to me and into your balls." The zip off into the walls of the ship. "Relic, you help from falling overboard. I'm heading to the bridge." He calls back to Kara, "See if you can do anything about calming down the big one." He then proceeds to make his way to the bridge.
    Awesome Avatar by Darth Raynn.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Avatar by Szilard. Other Awesome Avatars by Darth Raynn.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I'm REALLY sorry about the delay. There was a major accident today doing fair stuff and someone got stabbed in the mouth. Thus lots of chaos today

Kara was about to assure the pokemon she meant no harm when it was returned as the man realized he had to chase after the pokemon. She had quickly raced after them when the giant dragon pokemon had shown up.

She quickly scanned all the pokemon's minds as they flew around trying to learn names and species for her own personal knowledge. However her main target was the big green one that seemed to be ridiculously powerful.

Still in her dratini costume she quickly ran towards the railing trying not to fall so she could get as close as possible. She sent thoughts of peace and friendliness through her telepathic link with pokemon trying to calm it. What's wrong!? Stop there are lots of innocent pokemon on this ship! They might be hurt! Please listen and calm things! Tell me what is wrong I can help! She sent. She hoped her current connection to dragon types granted by the dratini costume would help get attention.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure it matters but I AM currently the dragon type.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

"Well so much for keeping them calm. Ambrule, get over here." He opens the door and finds the Ralts screaming in terror, with bits of paper and debris again flying around randomly. Please calm down. Relax, Era. That's what I'm going to call you, now. Era. Just relax, and rest. You'll need your strength later. The Ralts relaxes a bit as the calm thoughts get into her head. Zachariah picks her up and carries her in his arms. "Good, at least you calm down quickly. Okay, Ambrule, Bullet, we need to keep the passengers safe. Tell everyone that they need to get into their rooms. Running around outside is just going to get people hurt and posibly flung off the ship. I'll take Era here and do the same. Ambrule, you're the slowest, so you take the area that's closest here, Bullet and I will take opposite ends of the ship." The Metang flies off to the front of the ship, trying to warn people to stay inside, while Zachariah does the same at the back.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Kara: You get one thought, with enough power behind it that your head is left ringing.
    WHERE IS IT?!?!
    The dragon does not calm, and you feel its fury tearing at your mind. It finally stops its ascension, roughly 200 feet above the water. It shifts its coils, wrapping around the ship multiple times before bringing its face directly down to look at you.
    WHERE IS MY EGG?!?!

You also happened to scan enough pokemon to level up!

Tesla, Zach, as you go, you notice people have fallen off, only to be scooped up or bitten by the flying pokemon and tossed back onboard roughly. It's almost as if they don't want anyone to escape. Belfast is amongst those who get this treatment, as the circle closes in and pokemon begin landing on the deck.

Tesla, when you get to the bridge, you notice it is in utter chaos. People and pokemon are scrambling everywhere, trying to get anything to respond, send out a signal, really do anything.

Zach, you head back to the battle arena to find it in utter disarray. Thankfully, most people didn't have the really heavy kinds of pokemon out, though there is one or two people pinned by a rapidash. Others who managed to get out alright are going about, including Matt, despite a decent gash in his forehead. Doug and Tony are buried somewhere, apparently. There's a pair of legs sticking out from behind a group of geodude near the wall you last saw them by, as well as a cubone's club, at least.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-08 at 02:53 AM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Looking at the chaos on the bridge, Tesla sighs and shakes his head. You would think the captain of a ship would have better control of his crew. Taking a deep breath, Tesla shouts, "I am Nicola Tesla, an engineer from Silph Co!" He pulls out his Silph Co. Employee I.D. and displays it before everyone. "I am here to offer my services to the Capatain! So where is the one in charge of this miserable excuse of a bridge crew?!" That should get their attention.
    Last edited by Prospector; 2012-01-07 at 08:55 PM.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas smiled as Zachariah visibly got along quite well with the Ralts. He nodded at Truse, who nodded back.

Douglas then paused, glancing up. He felt rather than saw the overal feeling of unease about the boat, then screaming. "What is - "

He didn't get further as the entire boat was shaken violently. He fell; his machoke clutched him tightly and grabbed onto something he thought was sturdy that turned out to not be terribly so. All Douglas could do is hold tightly as the two found themselves jostled, buried, and a bit bruised.

"What is causing this?" Douglas was scared; extremely scared. But he was very good at not /looking/ like he was scared when he didn't want to, and right now seeming relatively calm could only help. "Truse, can you get - "

He was interrupted as the ship lurched, but fortunately Truse knew him relatively well - as the startled machoke pulled free. Simultaneously, he hesitated.

"We have to see what's causing this - did we hit something?" 'Or are we still hitting something', he thought but did not say.

He thought to Tony, but the Mystic was stronger than he - so since he wasn't crushed, odds were neither was he, and Truse had no hands open (using one to grab hold of things to move safely, the other to physically carry Douglas around the waist). Still, he looked intently, not wanting anyone to be hurt.

What was that?

And, it occured to him, he had a device specifically for telling him what pokemon were, and thus used it to scan the enormous array of dragons about. Truse held back, unsure of what to do and more than a little worried; the machoke wanted to get back below decks, and Douglas knew this.

"Wait." As Douglas' eyes were on the oddly-dressed girl from before. He then looked up at the enormous.... thing, and then back at her - the big creature looked almost like it was sizing her up. It then lunged towards her - Douglas tried to run forward himself as it didn't look like she was dodging but couldn't move, given he was physically being held off the ground.

Not that he's sure what he would've done anyway.

"Hey! What are you doing?!" Douglas called to her, shouting to make himself heard over the noise of both panic and dragons - obviously she had frozen from fear. "Get out of there!"

He could feel Truse tense - obviously not wanting attention being drawn their way, but he couldn't just watch the giant eat the girl without /trying/!
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tesla: One crew member stops and looks at you.
    "Whoop de doo, our engines aren't busted and if we get dropped it won't matter anyway. Although we're currently having issues reaching anyone for help, so if you're going to be up here you may as well give that a go."

Doug: The rayquaza looks at you, and screams in your brain.
    MY EGG! I KNOW ITS HERE! TELL ME WHERE IT IS, NOW!
    Everyone on the ship cringes as if they hear the same thing. You also gain a level from pokemon scanned.
    (Checking the DMG, it's telepathic! Didn't realize that. Also, you all hear it's voice.)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-07 at 10:49 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Stopping for a second from pulling a pinned man from the Rapidash, Zachariah respond to the voice. "We'll gladly help you if it means we'll be safely returned to land! What does the egg look like?"

Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

Damn neanderthals. Tesla sighs. "Fine, show me to the equipment." He walks over to the communication equipment and placed his Gauntlet on it. "Melchior give me a report on the communications array, I'll examine the console from here. Caspar, please get in touch with Kara and ask her what the big dragon wants." Seeing both text him an affirmative, he proceeds to examine the console.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[12]

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara waves her hand in dismissal to shoe the person near her away.

I can help you find your egg, but please I need more information. Did somebody on this boat take it? I promise to find the person for you and deal with them, but don't destroy the boat there are lots of innocents on board! You can read my mind. You can see I don't know where the egg is, but am willing and even WANT to help.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tesla: You think it's an aspect of the situation you find yourself part of. Everything is working properly on this end, but there's something just causing too much interference to let you reach anyone. You're not sure you can fix it.
    Then you feel rayquaza scream in your head exactly what it wants. It wants its egg back, and it wants it now.

Kara and Doug: Face to face with a snarling legendary, feeling its contempt for fools and those that look similar enough to make this difficult, you make an offer. It gives an ultimatum.
    BRING THEM TO ME. THIS IS YOUR ONLY CHANCE.
    It shifts its coils around, and slams a hand down into the platform nearby, caving in a portion and sending its claws into the metal with shrieking protestations. You get the feeling it doesn't really care what you have to say, so long as it gets what it wants.
    THE MORTALS HAD THIS UPON THEM. YOU HAVE THREE HOURS TO FIND MY EGG AND THE THIEVES BEFORE I JUDGE YOU ALL GUILTY AND LET THEM FIND IT.
    The claw lifts up, showing a heavily bloodstained and torn black shirt, which judging by the pieces of meat on it, was not so much removed as what little was left. A red R is just barely noticeable. With it's other claw, it gestures to the dragon pokemon and the bird pokemon, still swarming the ship like something out of The Birds, particularly violent in places where trainers think to heft pokeballs at any of them. There is more than one spot where a trainer is left bleeding badly but still alive. There are a few who seem like they will not live another day, too. The dragons for their part seem to be herding the trainers who stand down, and tossing those who don't indoors after them.
    (Everyone gets the message from Rayquaza by the way.)

Zach: As you receive the ultimatum, you hear from your pokemon that people are being herded indoors by the dragons. You and three others manage to get the man out from behind the rapidash. He has a few broken bones, but he'll live as you telekinetically lift him over to where the main group of healers to be. On the way, you see Tony extract himself, Flare, the charmander, Lil' Helper, and Reaper from under some trainers and geodudes, all somewhat battered but otherwise okay. He spots you, even as Lil' Helper goes to grab his bone club.
    "Zach, are we really being held hostage by an angry legendary?"
    He goes to the guy stuck in the jigglypuff, and gives a sharp pull. The man with the miniature charizard gets dislodged from it.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-08 at 03:18 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

"It would seem so." He takes the badly injured man to a room, and makes his way to where Rayquaza placed/slammed the remains of whoever stole its egg, calling Ambrule and Bullet over when they had finisged helping show people to a safe place. As they arrive, he finishes studying the remains.
    "I taste old death in the air." Ambrule grumbled as she floated over. [COLOR="rgb(221, 160, 221)"]"That thing is angry sounding. Glad I can float."[/COLOR]
    "Well it seems we have a hunt ahead of us. Anybody got a Pokémon who can track at all?"

Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tony recalls Lil' Helper and Reaper, before picking up Flare.
    "Flare's good at that, though trying to track a dead dude will probably be less than useful." "Huh. There are Rockets on this ship?"
    He tucks Flare under an arm, as she whines about the deck and that the water is so far below. The charmander holds onto his leg, panicked again. With his off hand, he scans the pokemon around them all.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-08 at 03:58 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

"You have to think differently. If that man or anyone he associated with was on this boat, his remains would have some of their scent. And since as far as we know legendary eggs are just a complicated form of budding, he could track the scent of Rayquaza inside the boat, where the current Rayquaza has not been and thus would lack a scent."

Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Point."
    He slowly walks to one of the spots rayquaza is looped around the ship, and lets Flare sniff it.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

"Hmm," Tesla says as he mulls over the problem. "Seems to be to much electromagnetic interference in the the area. Let's see what we can do about that." He dives into trying to create a filter to screen out all the interference. While doing this he has a thought. Speaking int the Gauntlet he says, "Caspar,see if Kara would be willing to ask Mr. Belfast what he knows about the egg. I saw him here (indicates the position) recieving treatment. Melchior see if can search through the cargo manifest to see if there is anything odd that could be the egg. I imagine that the egg will need to be heated, so look for odd power consumption on the grid. If you find anything, let Kara and me know." And with that he gets back to work.

Caspar zips along the electrical cables of the ship at near lightspeed going near Kara. Once near her, he relays the message. The Oh So Humble one suggests you talk to the one known as Belfast. He was last scene here (position on ship) recieving treatment. After delivering the message he waits for a reply (though if there is none then returns to Tesla).

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking a twenty, so 29 to fix the comms.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara sighed. She could tell the legendary dragon was angry, but she needed information and she needed him to stop hurting innocents. I promise I will find the egg, but PLEASE put the ship down somewhere safe and stop hurting people! Not all of these pokemon are bad people...please. She thought with sweetness and a bit of sorrow.

Then she heard the other pokemon come up to her. Why would he know about the egg? He didn't have a shirt like that one. She thought as she pointed at the rocket shirt. She had no idea who Team Rocket was.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY I AM GIVING YOU A CHANCE TO PROVE THAT, MORTAL. FIND MY EGG, AND THESE PEOPLE WILL BE SAVED. FAIL, AND NONE ARE SAFE. STOP WASTING TIME AND GET TO WORK.
    He doesn't seem to be feeling talkative any more.

Tesla, you work at the radio for some time as your pokemon check the cargo manifest. As you finally get a shaky line to the outside that with some minor tweaking should be fairly reliable, Melchior comes back on, using the system to translate.
    I've got something-well, really a lack of things, but they're promising. The cameras in Cargo Compartment 9 are suspiciously down, with a notably large crate listed as property of a trainer that never boarded.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Fine...I'll find your egg. Kara thinks sadly, And I understand you are upset but you should still be nicer to people that just want to be your friend... She said trying to hold back tears. She liked all pokemon and normally they weren't mean to her. Having a pokemon be so mean reminded her of her time at the orphanage.

She turned away, Alba...please smell that shirt and see if you can pick up a scent similar to it. Those people have to work together so they would share a similar scent. If we don't get one we will look for that one guy.

Spoiler
    Show

Tracker: Need an 11 or higher.
    (1d20)[14]
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-08 at 05:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

When Peter spotted the poacher, he connected to Bulwark and said, "There he is! Don't let him get away!" Before his Rhyhorn could react, a great green dragon and a host of flying Pokemon swarmed the ship! Peter knew of Rayquaza from his national heritage. It's real. It's really real. He even spotted a Pokemon that had been revived from a fossil! That Pokemon looks familiar. I think I saw its skeleton at the museum! I thought that that kind of Pokemon were supposed to be extinct...But this is no time to get excited. People are in danger! Peter sent out his other Pokemon, including his new Geodude, but he returned Eihwaz to its ball. "It's too dangerous out here for you right now, little one. You'll be safe in your Pokeball."

Peter pulled out his Pokedex, scanning all of the Pokemon, searching for some kind of clue as to what could be happening. That's definitely a Rayquaza alright, and that is an Aerodactyl. What is going on?! As he scanned the Pokemon, he also scanned the surrounding area to see if any Trainers or Pokemon were in danger.
    A young girl trainer was hanging on to the ledge of the damaged boat, in danger of falling in. "Chelonii! That girl's going to fall in to the water. I need you to go catch her if she can't hold on. Brain, go with her and see if you can help."
    A sailor was pinned under a cargo box that had fallen on top of him. "Bulwark, go and free that guy! You're strong enough, I believe in you!"
    "Valiant, you come with me. I'm going to see if I can speak with that Aerodactyl like I can with Chelonii."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Bulwark trundles off, and sends the crate flying over the edge to plummet 200 feet down. Chelonii and Brain nod, and go to help-only to have an invading charizard reach over the edge and toss the girl back aboard, grunting at them. Meanwhile, you and Valiant scan the skies for an aerodactyl. You also gain a trainer level!
    (Roll 2 d20's+wisdom, please)

Kara: Despite the blood and viscera, Alba gets a scent! You also spot Tony and a stranger near a coil of Rayquaza's, with Tony holding Flare near it.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-08 at 05:40 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Good girl! Quickly let's go! Kara said quickly moving after the Eevee. She looked back at Rayquazza, I got a scent!

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Alba has a scent, yes. However, the eevee begins wandering in circles, trying to find it.
    They weren't up here!

Meanwhile, Flare gives an affirmative bark, before sniffing the air. Tony turns to Zach.
    "Well, she has the scent. It'd probably be smart to grab a few others, though, right?"
    He spots Kara watching her eevee, Pete scan the sky, and Doug and Truse trying to help anyone they can, really.
    "Kara! Doug! Pete! Wanna help us go beat down some Rockets? Also, know anyone else that'd be useful for this?"

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Alright, good work. Let's head down into the lower decks then. Passenger areas first unless you pick up a sent near the stairs. Kara thought moving towards the stairs to go deeper into the ship.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

...what?

But that didn't at all make sense. Three hours, and the remainder of the enormous pokemon will rampage? How will chaos result in actually finding his(?) egg?

Then came the second telepathic call to everyone - to stop wasting time. Douglas bit his lip - that would result in people panicking! People will, especially as it gets close to time, start being less and less reasonable in their attempts to not be murdered.

But it seems that the old adage is true about power. Powerful people and pokemon both pay no attention to those they decree beneath their notice.

Douglas exhaled. To be fair, though, losing one's child would be a good cause for panic and worry - he did understand the value of family.

And then more importantly, all he could do right /now/ is try to find that egg. He shook his head to clear it - he was reminded again that he wasn't very intelligent - now was not the time to stop and plan things, it was time to go look.

...which was when he noted that Truse was frozen. He smiled. "Here - let's go check the..."

He paused, noting Kara nod to her eevee. He blinked for a moment, then glanced towards Tony - who responded. Of course, the scent.

"I do have one - Gel! That's a good idea - focus on Flare there."

The ditto blinked as he was released, glancing at Douglas for a moment as he nodded. "Try to get the scent." He hurried towards Kara as she stepped towards the lower decks. "One moment - I'll help you look. We'll get more searching done with more noses on it." And, after a moment, "Make that we'll. There are a lot of rooms." He nodded to Tony.

Gel, transformed temporarily into a houndour, took a couple moments to get his bearings - he was in a completely different form, after all.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Excellent, Doug!"
    He grabs his hand and Kara's while Gel gets set up.
    "We need to be able to contact each other. Kara, either get your friend Tesla in on this or choose to go with Doug or me and we split up, with you and Zach keeping in touch with telepathy and both of you scanning thoughts as we go. Zach has a less physically stressful time of that than I do."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

Tesla whispers, "Good job Melchior. Meat me outside the in a minute." He stands up, dusts off his hands, and announces to the nearest crewmen, "I'm done. Got a shaky line going, your coms officer should be able fine tune further. Now I'm off, got a lead I need to follow." He walks out of the bridge, meeting with Melchior. "Gauntlet mode, if you would."

"Yeah, yeah, you slave driver," and jumps into the Gauntlet.

"Yes, because we are not in a life or death situation. Your such a drama queen at times. Inform Caspar to inform Kara of where I'm headed. Relic keep me steady as we go." Melchior sent Caspar the message and Caspar confirmed he would deliver it. Tesla proceeded to make his way to the security disabled area.

To Kara: Caspar popped out of a seemingly random wall. The Hubris One says that he is proceeding to an area of the ship that had its security cameras disabled and received a large peice of cargo for trainer that never arrived. He proceeded to instruct her where it was.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

Peter barely has time to congratulate his Pokemon on their good work before a powerful voice rings through his mind. The Rayquaza, it's speaking to me! I wish I could converse with it, but I'm only telepathically attuned to grounded Pokemon. If I could find that Aerodactyl, it may be able to translate for me.

Perception Checks (-3 WIS mod): (1d20-3)[6]
    (1d20-3)[0]

In the middle of his search for the Aerodactyl, Peter meets up with Tony and the others. "Beating up rockets? What could that possibly accomplish? Oh, they're a criminal organization, hm? Do you think they're the cause of Rayquaza's distress? I've dealt with my share of the criminal element, and I'd relish the chance to fight some scum. As would Valiant, right?" The Larvitar nods in affirmation.* "I don't know of any humans that could help, unless you think we could convince some of these sailors. However, I may be able to enlist the help of some of them." He points up to the sky filled with draconic Pokemon.

[*Peter and Valiant have a history of crime fighting.]

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tony looks up at the flying dragons, and gets a fairly evil looking grin.
    "Heh...Hehehehe! I always wanted to try being a dragon for a bit! Truse, make sure I don't fall over the edge, I'm gonna try dragonite jacking!"
    (1d100-8)[-7]

I believe that just succeeded pretty well.

Green light suffuses his forehead again, and the head of a nearby dragonite. The dragonite blinks, before lumbering over. Meanwhile, Tony collapses to the ground, with both foreheads glowing. The charmander panics, and finds another person to cling to.
    HA! It worked!
    He picks up his own body.
    (Current HP: 59)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-08 at 10:25 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara nods and smiles at Caspar then describes the location to eevee. Does the scent seem to be coming from that way? She asked mentally. We might be able to speed this up if that's the case

Then she looked back at Caspar, I'm following Alba who has a scent. However, that might narrow it done so we will be moving that way soon.

She sighed before finally speaking outloud to the humans. She didn't want to seem like she was ignoring them. Why couldn't people be as easy to talk to and communicate as with pokemon. "I don't like people in my mind and don't like going in people's mind." She mumbled in regards to the telepathy. "I think I know where they are anyways. Just follow me. Caspar here gave me a lead and if it matches Alba's lead then I know exactly where they are." The entire time she spoke she kept her eyes straight ahead following Alba and not looking back at the group. She didn't mind Tony, but all the others made her a bit uncomfortable.

"Did you have to take that Dragonite's body?" Kara asked a bit annoyed. "You are probably just going to anger Raquazza and all you are doing is enslaving the poor thing..." She mumbled. "Besides, how are you going to fit him below deck and past humans without them freaking out?"

"And don't worry about recruiting help. Right now they are angry and rightfully so. Let the dragons and Raquazza be. We have our own pokemon and allies."
    She added in regards to the trainer with his Larvitar commenting about recruiting.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-08 at 11:25 PM.