New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Zachariah turns to the girl with a strange resemblance to a Dratini, holding back a chuckle as he saw her. "Oh don't worry so much. Mystics don't hurt the Pokémon when they posess them. And I'm sure he had a reason to do it. Tony was always very rational, even if he wasn't always the brightest. Well let's get going. The more time we spend worrying about irrelivent things, the less time we have to search for the egg. Ambrule, Bullet, let's go." The boy gets a better hold on the Ralts in his arms and begins following the Eevee, Ambrule by his shoulder and Bullet going ahead, looking around areas that the Eevee stops at briefly and moving any obsticals in the way.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-08 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Typo, hurry => hurt
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Can you tell my cousin I said thank you for defending me on this one? Besides, Rockets are poachers, murderers, and gangsters. Some are competent, some aren't, but all are in it for greed and profit. Best to assume they are.
    As they move on, he adds one last thing.
    Besides which, this one understands revenge and I have a score to settle for Lil' Helper, and this looks like a good start.
    As you go, following the eevee, ditto, and houndour, you spot the less wounded rummaging through rooms, trying to save themselves and their fellows. Apparently, they are starting from the top and working their way down, and assume he belongs to one of you as he's with you and hasn't maimed anyone. You make your way through and down, however.

(Pi, this is as good a time to join as any.)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-09 at 05:47 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

"They may be angry right now, and I understand why, but Rayquaza has shown that he is willing to be reasoned with. Therefore its subordinates can probably be reasoned with as well. It never hurts to have a man on the inside." And I know I would like to see that Aerodactyl up close.

More Perception Checks: (1d20-3)[-2]
    (1d20-3)[17]

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You see an aerodactyl out a porthole.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Then ask them to join...would you like it if I took control of YOUR body without asking?" Kara said still annoyed and still not looking at the group and focusing on her eevee.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

You...I never explained how this works to you, have I. They have to let me in. Technically, I can force my way in, but that shows fatigue on both of us and is normally counterproductive. Though that threat reminds me of the time I became a spinarak and made my body dance with webbing.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-09 at 03:10 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"They just let you in without talking to you or anything ahead of time?" Kara asked confused. She hadn't heard how his power worked or anything so this was new. "Is the dragonite still able to hear me?" She asked.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Who needs words in a meeting of souls? And yeah, but talking can come later. Now it's time to kick some ass.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"We can't kick ass till we track down these thieves..." Kara mumbled.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tony's temporary antennae droop a bit.
    Point. Oh, you should talk with Zach at some point. It'd do you good to get a repetoire going with another psychic, and my cousin's a good guy when you get to know him. More focused in the living world than I am too. Also, he can light fires with his brain, which I always thought was cool.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-09 at 07:00 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tesla, as you head down, you note people panicking and trying desperately to find the egg on the upper floors. Making your way through is somewhat slow, but after about 40 minutes, you manage to arrive at the cargo bay, before the others. Is there anything you would like to do?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Ambrule begins making what sound like ghostly whispers to everyone else. "Ambrule, focus on searching. You'll be able to feed in a bit if things go either sort of well of very badly... No, she's a friend as far as I can tell, so no. You don't even need to feed anyways; it's a luxury." Ambrule hisses, sounding like a mix between a wetted flame and an angry cat. Bullet helps Alba over a large crate that seemed suspicious, but turned out to be false. A low rumble emits from the robotic Pokémon as it expresses its displeasure over doing such a menial task. "Don't worry Bullet, we'll do something mentally stimulating after this is over. Maybe Chess, or possibly Go. Wait, judge it, I forgot the board. Hm..." He then actually notices that there is a person next to him. "Sorry, I had completely forgotten you were here! And...somehow have changed clothes." (Assuming an hour has passed)

Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting to change clothes, so haven't changed yet other than the Dratini one I originally changed into. :P

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    He meant changing back into normal clothing.

Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Talk IG or ignore each other IG, it's up to you.)
    It takes time, between shoving your way through masses of trainers, navigating the halls where items have been strewn about, and occasional dead ends, but you arrive downstairs where Tesla is.

Tesla, you see Kara and a few of the others from earlier, with the one whose face seemed to be a landing beacon for charmanders unconscious in a dragonite's arms. One of the people near her is trying to engage her in conversation. The charmander, seeing a chance for relative safety, does a springing jump off of...let's say Kara's back and shoulder and does a swan dive down the stairs into your souvenir ball. There is the flash, and the beep.
    Charmander has been caught! Would you like to give your charmander a nickname?

(Want me to roll it up or shall I let you?)

Okay, everyone with pokemon smelling things out give me 1d20, everyone else give me 1d20+wis for searching for signs of life down here.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-09 at 11:26 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    He meant changing back into normal clothing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still in my dratini outfit...I can change hourly, but it doesn't have an expiration.

Kara doesn't speak to the person as if unaware he is talking to her. Finally she sighs, "Who are you?" She finally ask.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[4]

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[15]

Esprit glances around while he waits for Kara to respond. While looking, he finally hears her response. A small flame flicks in his eyes as he detects the bit of irritation at a simple question. He takes a deep breath before responding. He begins to mumble to himself. Control yourself, Zachariah. Don't do something stupid. Control. "I am Zachariah, and my Metang has been helping your Eevee get over obsticals and being overall quite helpful, so I see no reason for the malice that I seem to be hearing in your voice, kid." He says the last word as though it were somehow a threat, even though both are moderately powerful psychics and neither is particularly strong physically. Ambrule and Bullet are too busy looking around the room to notice the interaction.

Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

He shook his borrowed head a bit. This was going to be harder than he thought...and he communicated as much to Ambrule in a series of growls.

Zach, Bullet seems to have picked up something! Signs of life, specifically. He comes back with food wrappers and a drink bottle. Someone's definitely been down here, at least.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-10 at 12:21 AM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara let out a sigh hearing the tone of his voice sounding a bit threatening and angry. This was why she didn't speak. It seemed people didn't like the way she asked simple questions. She had merely wished to know who she was, but her inability to communicate with people too well had already upset him. With pokemon however it was much easier to communicate since it was all about feelings, souls, and the heart.

"I merely asked a question no need to get angry." She stated bluntly. "There was no malice intended." She nodded towards the Eevee, "And she has a name. Her name is Alba. Do I call you human? The least you could do is ask for someone's name. Or do you call people you don't know human?"

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, actually. Did I not refer to you as kid?" Before anything could get out of hand, Bullet taps Zachariah's shoulder.
    "Found something." The voice is smooth, almost like a hum, yet somehow the words make it out. In his claw, there are the remains of food.
    "Either one of the crew is a messy eater, or someone has been hiding here. Kid, erm...I know it...Kara, check under, in and behind any boxes you can lift or open. Bullet, Tony, you and everyone else do the same. We need that egg."

Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Truse was a bit hesitant due primarily to not completely understand, but indeed hoisted Tony's body.

It took Gel a moment, before the clearly-a-houndour-now gave a pleasant, "Ditto!" and got tracking. Douglas followed as best he could, keeping a hand on Truse for balance sake.

Rockets!

He'd heard of them, but it was a very tangental 'heard'. Still, the mild things he had heard were unpleasant at best, and the suggestions he was hearing further cemented the idea.

And it was back to reality as he heard the beginnings of an argument - now was an awful time to be fighting amongst each other. Fortunately, before he could attempt to interrupt, Zachariah gave a nice lead-in, so he jumped into the conversation there.

"That's a good idea - we have to find this egg, and culprit. Gel, keep looking around in case, alright? Truse - Truse?"

The machoke turned to look at him, making Douglas wonder what he'd been distracted by. "Mind opening some of those bigger crates?"

"Choke?" (Those?)

"I'll be fine - thanks, though."

Douglas steadied himself, then started to search as best he could as well. Truse kept near his trainer with a half-smile, but aimed for larger containers.

Spoiler
    Show

(The initial statement can be negated if necessary; I don't... think anyone was looking after Tony's body, so I apologize if I'm wrong, heh.)

Smelling pokemon roll: (1d20)[5]
    Requested Wisdom roll: (1d20+5)[12]
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Tesla, as you head down, you note people panicking and trying desperately to find the egg on the upper floors. Making your way through is somewhat slow, but after about 40 minutes, you manage to arrive at the cargo bay, before the others. Is there anything you would like to do?
    Tesla observes the entrance for anything suspicious. He also requested Melchior to bring up the floor plan of the area and see if there other ways to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    (Talk IG or ignore each other IG, it's up to you.)
    It takes time, between shoving your way through masses of trainers, navigating the halls where items have been strewn about, and occasional dead ends, but you arrive downstairs where Tesla is.

Tesla, you see Kara and a few of the others from earlier, with the one whose face seemed to be a landing beacon for charmanders unconscious in a dragonite's arms. One of the people near her is trying to engage her in conversation. The charmander, seeing a chance for relative safety, does a springing jump off of...let's say Kara's back and shoulder and does a swan dive down the stairs into your souvenir ball. There is the flash, and the beep.
    Charmander has been caught! Would you like to give your charmander a nickname?

(Want me to roll it up or shall I let you?)

Okay, everyone with pokemon smelling things out give me 1d20, everyone else give me 1d20+wis for searching for signs of life down here.
    Tesla almost made a noise when the Charmander suddenly caught itself with one of his Souvenir Balls. Well that is not something you see everyday. I'll deal with that later, if there is a later.

He then glared at the group for making so much noise. He held up his Gauntlet hand and made the hand gesture of be quiet without the sound of 'shush' behind it. He looks at the ones talking the most while doing the motion so they understood to be quiet or at least lower their voices.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-2)[-1]
    Awesome Avatar by Darth Raynn.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Avatar by Szilard. Other Awesome Avatars by Darth Raynn.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

So far, your friends with more sensitive noses are finding traces of the scent, but it's moved around so much that they cover the entire area.
    However, none of them have left the room.

Doug, you think you spot a box big enough to fit a few people in. Somewhat suspicious, considering the circumstances.

(1d20+8)[16]
    (1d20)[5]

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas glanced up from a potential cabinet, noticing Gel's reactions. He was getting more and more frustrated - technically you couldn't see it as he presently looked like a houndoom, but Douglas knew his ditto.

"Gel - hey buddy, come here."

And the ditto/houndoom plodded over. Douglas patted his head. "Hold on for a second - there are a lot of people looking around in here. Mind waiting by me for a bit?"

The ditto relaxed a bit, and Douglas smiled - there, that solved the frustration. He then glanced up, and paused.

"Hm. Truse?"

"Choke?" (Yeah?)

"Can you... try that." He pointed to the large box. And, shrugging, Truse mosied on over and did just that, opening and peering in.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"-still can use this to negotiate a way-****!"
    Two very startled humans in Rocket uniforms and a magmar clutching a strangely patterned egg stare up as light pierces their hiding spot.

Roll for trainer initiatives, and list your pokemon and their speeds! The surprise round is yours! (1d20)

Flare: 10
    Dragonite Tony: 8
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-10 at 06:47 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+1)[9]
    Speeds: (all my pokemon are out, but Dratini is the current 'active' one if that matters)
    Dratini: 20
    Staryu: 15
    Pichu: 7
    Togepi: 5
    Eevee: 10

"You jerks! Hand over that egg!" Kara yelled extremely upset. "You shouldn't steal eggs or be mean to pokemon!" She brought up her finger and fired a blaster of energy from it.

These are bad men! Run before they hurt you! Kara willed the Slugma mentally.

Spoiler
    Show

You said surprise round so we can attack right?

I'm targeting the Rocket member not holding the egg.
    (-7HP 110/124 HP remaining)
    Charge Beam Accuracy: (1d20)[1] <-if 11 or higher add 1d4
    Damage: (2d8+13)[23]
    Possible Bonus damage: (1d4)[3]

Edit: AGAIN?!?!?! SON OF A BITCH!

How many ones is that?
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-10 at 07:19 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

(Here's a tip. Aim. :P)
    The electric beam passes directly over the box, and blasts a crate.
    The Magmar thinks back to you, with a mournful tone, as it lets off a low growl.
    What can I do save honor my brother in arms' last request? I despise these two, but...he told me to help them keep this egg safe before he was torn apart. Would you have me dishonor him?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-10 at 07:31 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20)[8]
    Speeds
    Bullet (active): 5
    Ambrule (inactive): 0
    Era (Ralts, inactive): 4

"Rockets! What are you doing with that-" And then Kara sent off the Charge Beam. "Or we can fight them. Bullet, slash them up!" At the second man, he fires a ball of darkness as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Move up and Metal Claw both human Rockets if possible, avoid hitting Magmar
    Attack: (1d20)[11] AC is 3, 5 for the second Rocket, attack raises on 18-20
    Damage: [roll]1d10+24

Lose 10 HP (114/124), use Shadow Ball.
    Attack: (1d20)[11] AC is 2, Lower Sp. Defense on 17-20 they're human, so yeah...
    Damage: (2d12+36)[55]
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-11 at 01:50 AM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

And taking a baby from its mother is honorable? Working for men who don't care about your safety or the safety of other pokemon is honorable? Your brother's last request was to keep the egg safe. These men aren't trying to keep it safe. Surely you realize that! They care not for safety of you, the egg, or any pokemon. The only place that egg will be safe is with its parent. Kara begged the Magmar. Think of the many innocent people and pokemon on this boat that will die if they keep that egg! Is leaving the egg in their hands really the best way to keep it safe like your brother requested?

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[15]
    Melchior: 6
    Caspar: 11
    Relic: 3
    Foo: 3
    Agni: 6

"Ah there are the braggarts! Have at thee!" Tesla shouted as he threw his knives, the non mechanized arm, at the one of the two rockets. He then holds up his Gauntlet and let's it take aim. "Melchior, Psybeam same target!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Knife Throw: (1d20)[8]
    Knife Damage: (1d8+13)[19]

Psybeam AC: (1d20)[7]
    Psybeam Damage: (1d12+32)[37]
    Awesome Avatar by Darth Raynn.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Avatar by Szilard. Other Awesome Avatars by Darth Raynn.