New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

(Kara, give me a diplomacy check, +5 for having valid arguments, +3 for not being a jerk like these two. Would any of your powers give you bonuses?)
    Where Kara missed, Zach and Bullet have much better luck, tearing at the trainers with claw and psychic power. Tesla, you feel your knife dig into the flesh of the one Bullet shreds, as does Melchior's beam. Between the claws of a metang to the gut, a knife in the shoulder, and a blast from Porygon cause one to faint.

Pokemon gain 300 experience before modifications.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas' eyes opened as he saw the two. Perfect! They'd even mentioned something about being able to negotiate - and now several people who aren't rockets can give back the egg unharried. Now the group could figure out why the heck they stole the egg, and why they were so unwilling to give it back in the face of an angry shout from -

- and then lazers, and steel punching, and more lazers, and knives, and even more lazers!

It... took his mind a second to parse what just happened. "Whoa - guys, Guys!"

He pushed forward as well as he could with his lousy strength and coordination. "You can't just kill them, yeesh!" His voice was definitely more one of worry than one of accusation.

He only hazily noticed the Magmar as he shoved towards the box, fumbling with his surprisingly complex medkit. Truse, who had been just as surprised as Douglas and thus just as slow to react, kept a very guarded eye on both the conscious Rockets and the not-downed Magmar - he lacked the trust Douglas was giving to the conscious rocket and was ready to give a fierce blow should he try something.

Douglas, however, was only focusing on essentially stabalizing the unconscious rocket just in case - casting an eye over him with his talents as a medic. Hopefully the other rocket would allow him to help ensure that said fallen comrade didn't die.

Now, ideally, the other rocket would take this as a chance to talk - at least to Douglas himself - but with Douglas' side having assaulted his buddy he may not be so amenable. Still, the breeder left the ball in said rocket's court on 'will the beatings continue'.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-01-11 at 12:00 PM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

Looks to Doug, "We are not trying to kill them, just knock them out. Anyway, come on out Foo." With a flash of light an extraordinarily large Magnemite appeared. "Now Foo, watch this." Tesla whispers into the the Gauntlet saying, "Caspar Thunder Wave the other Rocket please."

Caspar drops down from the ceiling opposite side of the bandits from the rest of the group. He unleashes an electrical wave at the still standing Rocket. It hits, encircling him in a paralyzing chains of electricity.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trainer Action: Release Foo
    Caspar's Action: Thunder Wave (Cannot miss, target is Paralyzed)
    Awesome Avatar by Darth Raynn.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Avatar by Szilard. Other Awesome Avatars by Darth Raynn.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplocamy: (1d20+9)[18] Only other bonus would be the fact that I'm an empath and talk with souls and am open and honest letting the magma sense me.

"Speak for yourselves..." Kara mumbled about not killing the Rockets while she waited for the Magmar's reply.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The magmar pauses for a second. It is weighing the chances of its fellows should it turn over the egg.
    Then one goes down and the other gets blasted with a shadow ball.
    ...Take Rayquaza's next incarnation. Turn these two in at port if you can, or at least wait until I am out of sight. I am tired of seeing people I know torn apart.
    With that, it turns the egg over to the Dragonite, before wearily climbing out of the box.
    "Hey! Where are you going! Save us!"
    The magmar doesn't look back. Meanwhile, the dragonite flies out of the room, as Tony gets back up.
    "And you said borrowing a dragonite was a bad idea, Kara. Nice work, by the way."
    (1d20)[17]
    Meanwhile, Flare spits fire on the conscious one.
    (1d20)[14]
    (2d6+18)[25]
    The Rocket looks heavily wounded and slightly burnt, but is still conscious. Peter, your turn.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-11 at 01:43 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Not looking so tough now are you?" Kara smirked, looking at the Rockets. She cracked her knuckles. "You know...I REALLY don't like people that are mean to pokemon." She said her eyes starting to glow with psychic powers.

Spoiler
    Show

Might I recommend someone send her to talk to Rayquazza so she doesn't kill these guys :P
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-11 at 01:51 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

"Kara, settle down. The egg has been retrieved. They're incapacitated, and we can turn them over to the police when we dock. The Magmar looked like it didn't want them harmed, anyways. Go give the egg to Rayquaza. Hm...I'm going to go talk to that Magmar I think. Tony, you and the others seem able to deal with these men." Zachariah gives her a light psychic push towards the door, and goes looking for the Magmar after she leaves, however long that may be. Ambrule follows, while Bullet stays and watches what the rest of the group does to the men.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Go ahead you two, we have things in hand."
    In between his hands, a small twister forms, ready to use. The egg went with the dragonite, you better hurry to keep up if you decide to return it with said dragonite.
    "So...lie and say we killed them and give them a fighting chance in a port city prison, or toss'em to rayquaza?"
    "I ain't goin' down like Nick!"
    Looks like he's going for a pokeball on his belt.

One person gets to try and sell them a pitch to give up. Otherwise, you have to beat on the remaining conscious one until that gets fixed. If Kantolin wants Truse to react to him going for a pokeball before he can actually do something, this is the time.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-11 at 03:27 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"The police are stupid..." Kara mumbled, "These idiots will just get free. Can we at least hand them over to Rayquazza?" She asked.

Then she saw the Dragonite starting to leave. Wait! Can I come with you? She asked rushing after it.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The dragonite pauses before kneeling down.
    Get on. I'm in a bit of a rush, and I don't want to wait up.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Understandable. Thank you for the help. Kara says quickly getting on. She made sure to hold onto her pokemon tightly so that the wouldn't fall. Especially the babies. What's your name? My name is Kara. She said as she waited for the Dragonite to fly off with her on top.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The others call me King G, because my parents taught me some lightning moves.
    Standing back up, the dragonite kicks open a closed door before flying through. Once you get to a stairwell, the dragonite gives a warning howl and holds up the egg, which sends the pokemon trying to get their trainer out of the way as it begins flying up the stairs.

(The G being short for Ghidorah, of course. And yes, I know that Ghidorah doesn't breathe lightning, but you have to admit it looks similar.)

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

That's pretty cool, King G! Kara said with a smile as she felt the breeze from the flight. How long have you know Lord Rayquaaza? Kara asked respectfully. And how did those jerks manage to steal that egg? She pondered curiously.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Personally? Not long. He's normally ensuring the more dangerous things in space don't get through the atmosphere. As for how they got his next incarnation, there are four Touched priests who guard the egg and tend to it, alongside us. They have similar powers to your little shaman friend, except they are taught songs of power by Rayquaza. During one of their watches, eight of those people came. Sadly, the fourth most trusted human fell that night. However, we heard the commotion, and dealt with most of the defilers.
    In the time it takes to explain that, you are up the stairs, the dragonite no longer being held back by Tony. He tears through the doorway, and out into fresh air, where Rayquaza turns to regard you.
    I SEE YOU HAVE FOUND MY EGG. DISMOUNT AND LET MY SERVANT RETURN IT TO ITS RESTING PLACE, AND I SHALL BRING YOU TO A TOWN.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara nods and grabs her necklace. She holds it up to the Staryu floating beside her and out fit changes with a flash of light. She jumps off the Dragonite, waves goodbye, and then floats in front of Rayquazza, giving an aerial bow.

I'm just glad I could help Lord Rayquazza. Not everyone on that ship is as evil as those men. She turned to point to an approximate location on the boat. The men who took your egg are knocked out around there. Way at the bottom. Some of the people want to turn them over to the police, but personally I feel you deserve to do what you wish since they committed a crime against you.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas exhaled - okay, the rocket was still breathing and would likely continue.

The reactions of the various people in the room was a bit worrysome - had they been personally assaulted by Team Rocket? Or was this just panic at Rayquazza.

And this kind of panic was probably going on for every egg on the ship right now, all because of the giant green... monster's method of doing things. Terrific.

Truse reacted before Douglas did, however - grabbing his trainer and forcefully pulling him backwards and away from the Rocket. He was glad the reaction was 'reach for his pokemon' and not 'lunge at Douglas' which is what he was afraid of.

"Wait!" Douglas turned to the Rocket. "Think for a moment! You're grossly outnumbered, and there have already been several people here threatening to toss you to Rayquazza. If you attack, then sheer volume of attacks is likely to make your stand futile at best - and on the off chance you succeeded somehow, you'd still have an entire ship full of angry people to get through."

"Really - you've lost the egg, you're surrounded, and our - my offer is to take you to the authorities." Douglas amended his statement, although he did glance hopefully at Zachariah who had said similarly, not to mention Tesla who requested to knock them out and not kill. "Your cause is lost - is this really worth dying for?"

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"'Cept now I got a giant dragon who wants to tear me into tiny bits and no leverage."
    He opens the ball, revealing a weezing that he clutches close even as you hear giant claws against the side, and the flapping of wings
    "We may have done something dumb, but we don't deserve this kinda death. If I gotta go in pieces, I wanna go fast."
    Okay, who's leaning into the box? Those who are give me dex checks. Talking him down requires a charisma check.

I WILL SPARE THE OTHERS FOR JUST BEING HUMAN. HOWEVER, THOSE TWO MUST GO.
    He pierces the hull with a claw near the bottom. Birds begin pouring in.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-12 at 01:44 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas exhaled. Okay, now was time to be foolish - and with that, he stepped forward - much to the chagrin of his machoke. There was, after all, a chance.

Also whoa, a weezing?

"Wait. Do not jump so quickly into the dragon's claws." The old adage felt somehow... fitting, here.

"Yes, you're in a dire situation. Yes, you're in trouble. But you have people here who are willing to try - willing to squeeze out that last kernel of hope out."

He glanced towards the hole. "Rayquazza has his egg back. You are causing him no more harm, and clearly have learned your lesson. He's proven that he can speak to humans - I'm certain he'll be willing to listen to reason now that he has his egg back. So don't give up - don't do anything too hasty. Right now, you have a chance - if you continue, you'll have no chance at all."

Douglas visibly took a deep breath, facing the hole. Even though he /was/ afraid, he made it a point to not look like it. "Let me speak to Rayquazza. You try and not be immediately visible."

~~~~~~~~~~
    Spoiler
    Show

C'mon dice, cooperate with me here. ^_^
    Charisma check: (1d20+6)[18]

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"You know what wants us...and you want to talk to it on our behalf?"
    He pauses, his weezing still held close.
    "...deal. If you're stupid and brave enough to be this close to a weezing 'bout to blow and try to talk it down, you gotta have some brass down there. Save our lives and we'll go quietly. But Mortar here is my Plan B if things go south, understood?"

Afterwards, Tony pulls you aside. Apparently, he had been barricading the entrances, smile on his face.
    "I thought I saw some of this kinda attitude in you earlier. Now, we're likely in range of telepathy, so here's what you do. Think calm thoughts, envision your target, and reach out. Don't worry about the whats, hows, or whys, just remember you're safe, and it's like talking to an authority figure. You with me? No pressure. You can do this. You've GOT this. Eye of the Persian!"

Meanwhile, you all get a message from big, green, and angry. The egg and the thieves have been found, and will be dealt with presently. All other eggs go back where they came from.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-11 at 11:10 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

Tesla let out a sigh of relief as Doug was able to talk the suicidal Rocket down. "Alright, Foo it's a tad too dangerous for a young one like you out, return. Caspar stay close. Melchior stay as you are. We're not out of the woods quite yet." He crosses his fingers as he watches Doug prepare to talk with the legendary dragon.
    Awesome Avatar by Darth Raynn.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Avatar by Szilard. Other Awesome Avatars by Darth Raynn.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas gave an almost sagely nod to Tony.

This was, in its entirety, a facade. Douglas was actually beyond nervous and inwardly quivering - what did one SAY to a giant legendary unfriendly creature? What would happen if he failed? No, that one he knew precisely what the answer would be, with additional chance that he was going to himself die in the interim. That sure didn't help him be any more relaxed.

But outwardly, he was calm and reserved - perhaps too calm. But a kindly father couldn't terrify the family with poor news, and Douglas held that same poise when he needed to. Truse realized he was a little unnerved, but even he didn't catch the depths of it.

He opened his mouth, and shut it again for what was a very dangerous second to pause - as he actually wasn't sure what title to give to Rayquazza. He didn't want to say 'Lord of Dragons' in case he wasn't, and he didn't... he didn't know anything about this guy or really any other legendary.

Oh geez. He was glad others had mentioned 'Rayquazza'

"Great Rayquazza." He began, actually speaking softly aloud as he thought - it helped him focus his thoughts as much as he could. Which was another thing - he didn't know how this whole telepathy thing really worked so he didn't know if he was screwing something up, but now was distinctly not the time for that.

"Your might is unparalleled; it is the stuff of legend. Before might of your caliber, we are between little and nothing."

He crossed his arms - now that he was actually talking, it got a bit easier to continue. "But that is not why you are here; you were aware that none could challenge your might from long before you arrived. No, you are here for two reasons."

"You have recieved the first; but that you clearly were certain of: Your egg. There was no question to the success of that - between your own talents, and that of your entourage, you were going to get it back one way or another. No, you are still here with one goal - to teach a lesson to those who would kidnap one of your family."

"And I daresay that lesson has been taught. In spades, yet - this is a story that will be told for generations. Parents will tell their children that the great one is not to be trifled with. Even after we're in port, it will be a story told shakily over drink - the most nervous of laughter, with the knowledge that they were lucky, at best. And none have learned the lesson more than the thieves - who have learned the terror of staring longingly at death."

Douglas exhaled. "But... if you continue - if you take the additional effort to murder two who have nothing of yours any longer, and who can deliver you no further harm... the lesson will change. It will become that of a danger - a terror who can strike from the sky without warning."

"This will invoke a very different feeling. Oh - of course, nothing will happen immediately. Their families will be devastated by their loss, but what will become more pervasive is the feeling of constant worry and fear. It will draw undue attention to everyone else on board, people who had exclusively the misfortune of being near a victim of your wrath - suddenly, out of nowhere. Questions will arise - is anyone safe?"

"And people will react - much the way pokemon do when they feel cornered. Those who seek justice will search for revenge, those who seek thrill will think 'Eh, there's no telling anyway', those who are just looking to ensure they can remain safe will do all they can. The response to your presence will not be one of wonder and caution - it will become one of direct hostility."

He outstretched his hands despite the dragon not being able to see him. "So I Implore you - there is no need for the lesson to turn sour. There is no need for further loss of life - neither human, nor pokemon. There is no question that the thieves will be punished - but please, allow this to become an affair among humans. Spare their lives, for the lesson has been learned."

Also since there were now giant holes in the ship, if he were to just drop it in the water it'd almost certainly sink, but he had to take things one step at a time.

And well... that was probably the best he could do. So he took yet another deep breath, and waited.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-01-12 at 12:44 AM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I agree with you that they should go. Anyone who takes the eggs and babies of anyone deserves to be punished. Kara thinks with a nod as she looks back at the boat. There are some good people trying to catch them however so if you chose to take out your wrath on them please be careful.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Rayquaza ignores Kara, head on its side. Then, it speaks normally as it begins shifting its mass to look through the lower end.
    And yet, there is a kindness in one of their hearts that I cannot help but acknowledge. Despite fear, despite dread, they speak on behalf of their fellow human-as they would for any pokemon, as you hold so dear, young one.
    Down below, the beating of wings slows, the slamming against the doorways begins to slow down considerably as massive scales shift outside.
    Douglas, you have a way with words that reminds me of former allies.
    The banging stops from outside.
    You know nothing of these people, yet still defend them in the face of a nightmare of yours. How? Let me see you clearly.

"You see? Nothing to it. Just like talking to anyone else you just met. Except with a few more tons to them. Little formal, but it's worked so far."
    "Oh holy **** you're actually doing it."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-12 at 01:30 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas exhaled.

Good! That meant he was being listened to at all - he'd been afraid he was going to just get blown off.

But... the question was a very harsh one. Douglas took a deep breath - he hadn't expected /that/ particular return question.

...'former' allies? Had Rayquazza also lost a close friend?

"Uh."

Douglas scratched the back of his head. "Just... well, it's just that my staying back and hiding won't help make sure nobody else ends up like Guanaco."

He paused there for a moment, as Truse tapped his shoulder. He nodded.

"I do understand being very worried about family, though. But they've surrendered, and you've got your egg, so I'd really just like nobody else to get hurt."

At the request to be seen, however, he steps towards the hole (Or the deck if that's more competent).

He then makes it maybe three steps before he trips over a slightly uneven point in the floor, being caught by Truse before he properly stumbled.

Sheepishly, he muttered a thanks. Truse smiled, and helped him walk to where he was more plainly visible.

...and he couldn't help but feel additionally worried now that he was actually staring at the giant creature.

It also occured to him - wait, how did Rayquazza know about Guanaco? Was his mind being read? That made him even MORE nervous!

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Yes, I am in your head. To answer one of your questions, Legends live long lives. Our closest followers don't. It still hurts when one is taken from our contact before their time, though.
    In the next room, there are small flying pokemon of all kinds and on every available surface. The gliscor you just tripped over mumbles something and rubs its shin before taking off for the ceiling. There is a single large eye looking at you, it's glowing yellow pupil narrowing slightly.
    They took one of my closest from me forever, and the future of my kind when I do eventually die. Those are their crimes against me. Now, one has been returned to me, but the other is something I cannot be given back. However, you speak much like Venn used to.
    His pupil becomes a slit, as he focuses upon you.
    Their associates took my conscience from me, and those two helped. What would you do if one you cherished that much was taken from you?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-12 at 11:30 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

And immediately, all thoughts went to Guanaco. The nightmare that had replayed itself thousands upon thousands of times, both while he was awake and asleep. He could see his camerupt and the look on his face just before everything faded to white for the next several years - and during that time, it was all he could see.

He'd been thinking about that particular question for some time.

"Whenever I think about Guanaco, it hurts. And it makes me really mad at Raleigh - I can't help but remember that it wouldn't have happened if Raleigh had kept things civil, you know?"

He bit his lip; it hurt.

"But I was thinking, hard - what would I do next time I meet up with Raleigh? Shout at him? Attack him? Accuse him of not knowing what it means to truly lose a friend? Remind him that if it wasn't for Guanaco, his own pokemon would've been worse as well? And well... I dunno. None of that will bring Guanaco back. Nor will any of that prevent there from being another Guanaco."

And here, he looked away - he couldn't keep his eyes clear of tears any longer as he gritted his teeth. "I don't want there to be another Guanaco, not for anybody. It won't help, you know? All it does is make more angry people. And angry pokemon." He added, abruptly realizing that his spiel didn't technically answer the question and also remembering that he was actually speaking to someone else and not just musing.

Truse, in actuality, didn't notice most of Douglas' statement this time as he was trying to fight with how extremely uncomfortable he was around so many flying pokemon simultaneously.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-01-12 at 12:26 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Rayquaza stares for a long time at you, unblinking. Seeing your memories of your lost friend, the vividness of it all. Feeling the pain. The birds begin taking off, and heading back out the hole.
    I see. Then they shall live. HOWEVER.
    The conscious one flinches notably at that.
    This is not forgiveness. I will be watching them. If they betray your trust, if they do one more thing that harms another that doesn't involve defending themselves or others, that is it for them. My flock will descend upon them, and rend them asunder. Am I understood?
    "P...Perfectly, sir."
    He sounds like he could use new pants.
    Now, when your group is ready, meet with me face to face.
    With that, Rayquaza breaks eye contact, and shifts away. The Rocket peers out of the box, shakily.
    "Erm...pal. The one that just saved our lives. C'mere."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-12 at 01:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas' first reaction was to exhale. Good!

His second was to wipe at his eyes, and spend a couple minutes remaining facing where Rayquazza just was. Since... well, it hurt - it still did, it always would.

And he hadn't had an actual answer. He mentioned what he knew wouldn't work, but not what he /would/ do. Was he really any better? If he had the ability to act on one of the things he explicitly said he wouldn't do, would that change things?

No. No, it wouldn't change things. He didn't think before he acted. 'course, it was easy to say that now...

Anyway! He steeled himself. His job was to keep himself stoic. Thus, when he did turn, his face was calm.

"My name is Douglas." He stated to the rocket, reaching for Truse for help walking back towards the box. "Yes? Oh - " And he glanced to both Tesla and Zachariah. "Thank you both - I definitely wouldn't have been able to do anything if everyone had been against a peaceful solution." Then, to Tony. "And thank you for the... telepathic thing? Sorry, heh, I'm not sure what to call it. But thank you."

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Pointers on how to make contact, mostly. Rayquaza's naturally telepathic, so aside from that, it was all you. Good job talking Rayquaza down. Pokemon love hearing stuff from the heart."
    He pulls out a bin from a storage container.
    "Bucket? Honestly, I threw up from stress the first time I did something like that. But you hold things together well."
    "Douglas. You seriously saved us. So this is my thank you."
    He pulls out a pokeball and tosses it to you. It falls short, though, and a snover pops out.
    "Tundra, you go with Doug. Marty and I are going into the system, and you'd be taken away anyway."
    Doug, do you accept a villain's snover?

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara frowned when the Rayquaaza chose not to kill the Rockets. However, she knew better than to question the legendary pokemon. Instead she just floated near Rayquaaza and waited.