New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Harry

Salem just snorts at you uninterested in what you have to say.

"Think this is due to other Servants?" she asks looking aimlessly into the crowd.

Maka and Soul

Sure enough in Atticus' office there is a small pocket mirror with Hades' flaming visage starring out of it. "Oh Vey, you got me the wrong reapers cult boy. This is not going to look good for you at Lucy's poker game next month."

Kidd and Twins

Mikala pulls out a bottle of red liquid. "It's my last one. What happened?"

Raven

Your moment of peace with your servant is interrupted by your roommate barging her way in. A battle worn girl in a long braid, Katniss Everdeen the victor of the last Hunger Games and black ops assassin for the Britannian Empire. That'll show you for performing a summoning in a dorm room.

She doesn't seem too bothered by the ancient Chinese general standing in the middle of the room. "Sorry didn't know you were still here. I figured Souske's stunt would have you and your uh friend evacuated."

Light and Misa

"No, I've seen these kinds of scratch marks before." Charlie says running his fingers over the cracked walls.

"There are some abnormally large wolves out in the woods. Pop up every few years, kill some hikers and then run back to the Reservation when we get a posse ready to hunt them down. I've never seen one come into town or target anyone like this. You kids got any enemies on the Res?"
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

2. - Top - End - #632
    Pixie in the Playground

Raven
    Miss Roth has never had a flat mate before. Her room has always been her haven, her fortress, where she can relax, pursue her interests, and otherwise not have to deal with people. Even her closest friends usually respected that, and let her secede that tiny corner of the world for her own, personal use. When she'd found out she now had lost even that small pleasure, her first reaction had been rather petty, and, though she'd never confess it, immature. She'd tried to scare Katniss away.

Unfortunately, despite her considerable assets in that regard, eldritch whispers from the great beyond intruding into dreams, strange shapes materializing out of raw shadow to flutter disturbingly, their touch cold and clammy, sudden shifts in temperature and lighting, and other nightmarish conjugations had somehow endeavored to fail and scare Katniss into asking for a change of room, or possibly an exorcist, and so Raven had abandoned that plan and the two girls had come to a truce. Katniss would never speak or otherwise disturb the peace and silence unless the matter was urgent, and Raven wouldn't complain about Katniss using the mantlepiece for target practice or growing a small herb garden under their beds, wouldn't worry that she sometimes screamed in her sleep, and wouldn't object to the odd hours she kept. Naturally, neither would ever touch the other's stuff.

Compared to that hectic first week, Raven calling up the surprisingly tranquil departed soul of the foremost strategist of his generation (and a worthy contender for that position in any other) was far from out of place, almost par the course.

"Sound proofing, remember?" She says, tapping the walls where mystic symbols had been painted. Raven had indeed taken the effort to insulate the walls to make sure that nothing could get in, or out for that matter. "I have no idea what is going on out there."

She looks at Katniss's slightly disheveled appearance, and general out of breathedness. The conclusion seems obvious. "Did you pick a fight with that maniac?" She asks, slightly accusing. She'd walked past him. So far he's the only person she's ever met with no emotional readings at all.

Zhuge Liang
    The strategist inclined his head, waiting to be introduced, but when Raven didn't make any sign to he did it himself. Stepping forward, he lifted his hands and performed a low bow. "I am called the Sleeping Dragon, or Zhuge Liang, for a less prosaic title. It is a pleasure to make your aquaintance, Lady - ?"

His words were polite and deferential, and his posture calm and relaxed, but he eyed Katniss with the air of one who has become used to assessing people and their talent. You could learn a lot about someone by the way they carried themselves, their body language, their clothing, and their way of walking and speaking.

This girl had blood on her hands, which to him was neither surprising nor cause for concern, but she still seemed more of a survivor than anything else. Someone forced into a life they wouldn't choose otherwise. That could be worthy of consideration, later.

Souske
    He walks over to his bag, and begins dressing himself in a radiation proof suit, of the sort people who made their living in nuclear power plants might wear. The canister seems to have had the opposite of the intended effect.

Tim Drake
    Seeing the man with the shrapnel sticking out of his chest, he makes his way over, and tries to make himself useful.
    Last edited by Corvond; 2012-07-18 at 01:39 AM.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

...The seemingly overly normal state of the library...

...frightens Smedry even more than before.

Because No Library Is Safe. Evar.

To be fair, not All Librarians are evil cultists part of a conspiracy to control the world and it's sources of knowledge.

Yes. Some Librarians are simply what they seem to be: vengeful undead wraiths that wish to suck out your soul.

There's a big distinction there.

Smedry switches out his Occulator Lenses for those of his Tracker's Lenses, and immediately all the footprint tracks of those who have recently walked through the area become visibly in technicolor hues. More recent tracks are brighter, and if there are any purely mechanical secret entrances or a strange amount of traffic leading into the more blatant 'restricted' area, he'll notice.

The summoning of one of the great strategists of the Three Kingdoms is barely felt, save as a whisper of wind.

Gary Bell

"Dr. Rosen." Gary replies with an unspoken 'duh' (Why wouldn't other people know about his psychologist). "He's my psychologist. He's helps me learn how to read other people's social cues and use my ability to help others."

Playing one's cards close to one's chest: what's that?

Gary rambles on.

"My ability is called induction: I can see electromagnetic signals and process them in my head. Except for Nokia signals. My ability is a secret. Since I know your secret, this way there's reciprocity, and we can establish a relationship of mutual trust. If you're part of the Black Knights, are you on a mission for them? Were you pretending to be Zero? Or is Zero a symbol used by multiple people at the same time? This is my roommate Shiki. He's got a secret too, but it'd be rude to tell it for him."

He shuts his trap. He lifts up his sleeve to do one of his 'tuning' gestures, then stops as he notices the fibers starting to unravel.

"That's not good at all! I really like this jacket's texture! It's supposed to be new! I never buy clothing more than 2 months old!"

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "...I see." He says, mind racing. The boy obviously trusted him, or at least (for some reason) felt he had no reason not to trust him, which was reassuring in the short term. And the boy with the glasses obviously had no investment one way or the other, given his silence and general air of apathy. Neither were immediate threats, bizare power nonwithstanding. However, if they ever told anybody else...
    Well, these things had a way of spreading, like all sensitive information that wasn't guarded as well as it should be. Three could keep a secret only if two of them were dead. The autistic boy still hasn't looked up from the ground, despite endeavoring to carry on a conversation. That was particularly frustrating.
    "You've been entirely open with me, so I suppose I had best return the favor. It's not an easy thing to explain, but it helps if you see this." He says, and indicates his eyes.

Light Yagami
    "Really? Wolves grow that big?" He's not even feigning astonishment, looking at the monstrous evidence. "I'm sorry, but to my knowledge neither of us has been on the reservation, nor met any of the natives at all. I can't think why they would make an attempt on her life." He's being completely honest as well, and he's so ernest that Charlie can't help but believe him.
    "Although..."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

Gary looks up and looks at Lelouch's eyes for a moment...before averting his gaze uncomfortably. It's purely a matter of how fast you are off the bat at Geassing...and whether you want to shove Gary out of the way or have him as a useful pawn ally.

"Do you have an ability as well?" He asks, curious despite himself. "What can it do? I've seen people with hyperkinesis, super-strength, enhanced senses, mind control...is your eyes that are neurologically distinct from neurotypicals–"

[Frankly, it'd be cool if Gary could be ensnared in the schemes of the Black Knights...but do what fits best]

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    Gary glances up for just a moment, which Lelouch had been waiting for in cold preparation since they started this. It's enough. All that remains is what to do with him. It would probably best to simply make him forget, enslaving him and forcing him to work towards a cause that was not his own was cynical and worthy of his father. And yet...
    "Neither of you shall ever communicate anything that might lead to the discovery of my other identity, in either words, writing, or some other means to anyone, without my express permission first." He says, binding them both with an absolute command. Then he turns back to normal.
    "Yes, I am Zero, though I have been known to have others imitate me, when it would be advantageous. I'm afraid that there really is nothing I can do to stop the alarm, it would only draw attention to my presence here. Now if you'll follow me?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Bugbear in the Playground

Harry

Harry grinned happily as he stared at Salem, the fires in his eyes remaining undimmed as he slung an arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer.

"Berserker, Berserker, Berserker. This isn't the work of Servants - this is the work of humanity! They want to feel the sort of power that you and I can wield with ease - the power to burn and destroy anything that comes our way, with barely a second thought." He looked out at the group of people, pity in his eyes. "Sad, isn't it?"

Shiki

Shiki shot a vicious glare at Gary for a second, before sighing in annoyance. It wasn't worth it to try and get Gary to understand the idea of subtlety. Looking at Lelouch, he froze as the geass shot into him, his head pounding with pain as the geass attempted to override his own eyes.

Kill. KILL. KiLl kIlL KiLl kILl KiLl kIlL KiLl kIlL KILL

A gasp broke free from his mouth as the geass finally drove itself into his brain, and he glared at Lelouch with hatred and fire burning in his eyes.

"That wasn't necessary in the slightest. I have no interest in revealing your 'secrets' to anyone, Zero." He spat out the name like it was a disease, disgust and loathing in every letter of the word.

((If that's not okay, I can totally change it.))
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-07-18 at 06:34 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

8. - Top - End - #638

Panty and Stocking
    Both of them seem to ignore the rapid dissolution of their clothing, in favor of more interesting activities around them. Both involving Sousuke Sagara.

Panty, for her part, starts grabbing at the suit grinning, Now now now I get the feeling you're not the smartest kid in school, so lets be simple here. I want you to have sex with me. Cool?

Stocking...Stocking's activities are even more straightforward. What was that!?

Watching the activities of the sisters could lead one to make a certain erroneous conclusion. Specifically, that Stocking was a reasonable individual. That was untrue- she was the reasonable sister. She is reasonable in comparison to Panty. However, compared to any thinking, rational creature she is deeply unreasonable. And, while the sisters contrast each other heavily, they react to annoyance largely the same way.

Murder and property damage.

Not that Sousuke was in any danger- both because angelic weaponry cannot harm mortals...and because her swords were dissolving before her eyes.

WHAT!? WHAT HAPPENED!? She looks up at the ceiling, I DIDN'T FALL! I DIDN'T, I SWEAR! Then she notices clothes dissolving around her.

Panty. What did you Sees Panty's...activities Or he do?

Sebastian
    Sebastian begins attempting to string up the wolf- not hurting it, but trying to ensure it can't break out. It wouldn't do for him to have to break orders and snap its arms before Ms.Amane could question it.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    He remains cool and unflapped in the wake of your accusation. It's almost contemptuous, his lack of any emotional response to your accusation. "And you expect me to take your good will and personal integrity on faith, I suppose." He replies, his drawl sounding almost condescending. Lelouch is an aristocrat, and has the blue blood of four hundred years of haughty ancestors to back him up. He's not one to be intimidated.
    "Forgive me, but I seem to be hard-pressed to think the best of people, particularly in regards to the concern of the safety of myself and those I care about." He leans back, supremely unconcerned. "Of course, if you didn't take it upon yourself to pry into other people's business, nobody would chastise you like this in response. Perhaps you should consider this a learning experience. Really, I thought my response was fairly generous. Shall we?" He indicates the assembly point.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Pixie in the Playground

Beast
    It's times like this that you are grateful for shaggy fur that preserves modesty even in the event of finding oneself suddenly pants-less. That said, it's still a tremendous shock when his clothing starts dissolving, leaving him effectively naked.

"Alright, what the devil is going on here?" He roars as he steps into the cafeteria, in a more than passable imitation of a wild animal.

Archer
    He'd remember this one, the tall, white haired fellow thinks as he watches Harry delight in the flames. Someone like that always bears watching, and if he takes the time to disabuse him of his arrogance, he might just feel a little better about himself. But it would have to wait. He could feel his power, and it called to him, but with his servant there to protect him he couldn't do a thing about it.

He needs easier prey.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Pixie in the Playground

[Just the solution I expected]

Gary Bell

"Yes, My Lord!...Owww. Owww. Owww."

Gary's aneurotypical brain is thrown into a bit of chaos by the effects of the Geass. But he recovers quick enough, and any memory loss suffered is neutralized when he listens to Shiki's contempt filled dialogue with Zero. So the first words out of his mouth are.

"You ability...my friend Nina has an ability just like it...she mostly uses it to avoid paying rent."

12. - Top - End - #642
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    Even the Mithril Sergeant isn't that oblivious. Of course, that doesn't mean it worked. Souske does not take well to aggressive methods of romantically pursuing him. Indeed, judging by the previous attempts at wooing him, it would be fair to say that he subconsciously turns up the level of his obliviousness when his admirer grows frustrated and begins to act in a more direct manner.

A hand catches her arm. He's strong, for a human, but she could break his grip without trying. His face, seen through the tiny slot in his radiation suit, has an expression of stern disapproval. "Have either of you two been abusing drugs?" He asks, his tone slightly hopeful that such an easy resolution could exist.

13. - Top - End - #643

Panty and Stocking
    Nope, just really bored. Also, I could use a little more protein in my diet. She either doesn't care that the rest of her clothes have vanished, or doesn't think about the implications of losing her access to weaponry.

Stocking seems to be about to murder her sister, and attempt to murder Sousuke, when Beast announces his presence. My sister just proved how stupid she is, I missed my target, and now I've got a giant monster in the room. F*** my life, F*** that priest, I'm going home. I don't care if the Gates are closed, I'll kick them open.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Troll in the Playground

Cassandra and Stephanie

"Tim!"

Stephanie is heading towards him, Cassandra not far behind.

"What the heck is going on, Boy Virgin?"
    Last edited by industrious; 2012-07-23 at 06:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

15. - Top - End - #645
    Pixie in the Playground

Tim Drake
    He rolls his eyes. Fortunately, everyone still in the hallway are far more preoccupied with King Boomer, and chances are they wouldn't have noticed anyway, but one should be careful. It's the little things, like keeping track of who you know and who you don't know in your civilian identity.

"I was hoping you could tell me." He replies, a little sharply. He glances at the group again, then turns sharply to try to find a place where they can talk. Since the school is more or less deserted, this shouldn't be too hard. "Hey Cass." He adds, far warmer.

Coming to an empty room, he closes them in, then sits down. "I've been following leads on the reservation all day. I managed to make contact with the Black Knights, who seem to have designs on beginning a presence here. Well, much of the production for the empire is here, afterall. I was hoping one of you could help me infiltrate them. Or at least sound them out."

Souske
    He turns and salutes smartly, still completely ignoring Panty. Why are the gorgeous ones always crazy? "Excuse me sir, have you seen a civilian?" He asks the blue monster. "She's 5'7 tall, weighs approximately 121 pounds, and is in adequate physical condition. Hair is long, features regular, just past adolescence, never given birth." He then falls silent, waiting for an answer.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    Stocking storms out of the room, furious at the inequities of life, which were finally on the cusp of breaking her spirit. It was then that she got a lucky break, of a sort. She runs directly into Archer. Unlike her, he's not quite naked. The shroud has remained undamaged, given that it was nothing more then an extension of his essence and had no real separate existence (aside from being a reflection of a real thing), but it's too small to be of much use preserving modesty, and sits around his hips in a pathetic attempt at a loincloth.

He's not holding any weapons, and given what you now know about him, this is probably your best chance to pull of a confrontation.

Archer himself smiles like a predator. He'd been hoping for your sister, but you'd do just as well for a recharge, given how desperate he is, and besides, he's not so dead he doesn't like to see the odd beautiful thing, and a naked Stocking certainly counted.

Beast
    "..." Souske has finally gotten to him. Nobody can be that stupid. He really must be making fun of him or something. He's met people who were literally raised on other planets, and every one of them had a better idea of social situations then the damn child soldier. By this point, he can't believe anything else.

"You know what? Forget it. I don't want to know. You're all suspended, now why the hell aren't you evacuating?"

17. - Top - End - #647

Stocking
    Ah, 'angel'. Excellent timing. She spits at you, clearly on the war path, Or, no, actually. You're not an angel. And I want to know what you actually are. Now. Frankly, she was lucky she'd talked to that host who knew how long ago. It seemed like yesterday, but felt like months. She had so many reports to make. She had to figure out just who it was that had gotten away. And how to arm herself without any garments.

Panty
    Eh? Prof? Important Angel business and s***. She diverts attention back to Sousuke, So, I'm not getting you anytime soon then? F*** it, more fish in the sea. She puts her hands behind her head, relaxing. Where'd everyone go, anyway?
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

18. - Top - End - #648
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    The heroic spirit didn't even flinch, reaching up to wipe the spittle off his face. He wasn't prepared for this, but sometimes things turn out your way regardless. This was one of those times. Stocking is dressed in her birthday suit, and as a consequence, is holding something extremely precious loosely in her right hand, where Archer can see it clearly. She really should know better, but nobody ever accused the Anarchy sisters of being anything like subtle.

"No. I'm not. Never even seen Paradise, chances are never will. But I'm guessing you aren't either. I have a good eye for magical constructs, you see, and a good head for figuring out what they do. And that coin you've got in your hand, that I somehow doubt you've been without for a long time, well a paranoid person might think you're hiding something." His smile doesn't budge. Sheer dumb luck was on his side, for a change, and he relished it.

"I really am an independent contractor, but I have got my own agenda here. And I need that demon dead, and his master with it. It doesn't hurt you to help me with it, and you really don't have much of a choice, if you don't want me and blondie to have a chat about what she doesn't know hurting her. So what's say we both keep our lips closed, and pretend we're working for the guy upstairs. Then when it's out of the way, I'll get out of your life, and you can get back to your pleasures, both keeping the others secret. Good deal?"

He pauses a moment. "Or try and build a big tower and hope you don't start speaking the wrong language halfway up to heaven. Whatever works."

Beast
    A furred hand the size of a shovel descends and plucks the blond angel up, as though she weighed nothing at all. he looks at her with something akin to madness. "If you were to listen..." He says, as though this were a theoretical possibility. "You would hear the alarm. Which means, vacate the school premises immediately. See, some moron released a biological weapon, and now everyone's clothes are dissolving. I'm heading to my lab to work on a counter agent."

19. - Top - End - #649

Raven

"Actually he helped me out. Things were getting rough with the Anarchy sisters." Katniss admitted as she pulled a hand made bow out from under her bed.

"We better get a move on. If we aren't outside when they start head counting we will have far too many questions to answer."

Harry

"Your hated will be the death of you. Just as it was mine." Salem smirks as she sees how bitterly her master regards the human race, a race that despite her contempt he was still a member of.

"Might I suggest going with them? Lest we become suspects."

Smedry

There is a fair bit of traffic through the sealed door but not more than would be expected from a mundane office or storage room. There is though a radiating aura of mana from behind it, you may want to direct Archer to it later should it prove not too dangerous.

Hansel

Mr. Garrisson was expected to aid in the evacuation but this would be a prime time to spread some further hatred among the student body.

((Really a South Park teacher?))

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "Indeed?" He says, somewhat less than thrilled at the idea that someone else had access to, if not actually the geas of absolute obedience then at least a sufficiently close approximation of it. No man should have that much power, to make slaves of others with a word, but at least he met the specific criteria, and at least he tried only to use it sparingly.
    "How curious, two such talents existing independently so close to each other. Tell me, do the nobles know you exist?" He really hopes no. If they do, he'll have to perform another action history will repudiate him for, thanks to necessity.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

[...Trap?]

Leavenworth pauses and thinks about the mana signatures.

Is it a trap of some kind?

...What is he saying. OF COURSE IT IS.

Thankfully he's got a good plan.

[...]

Leavenworth jimmies the door open with a stolen library card, and it swing open, revealing a figure standing right at the entrance.

Whatever weapon/device/ravening monster decides to lash out this figure does so succesfully...

Only to Discover that they were manhandling a carefully stacked pile of books in the rough shape of a human being?

Meanwhile, Smedry slips in behind whatever's come out.

The perfect plan! Unless, of course...

[Smedry is having trouble believing that this is not one of the 'dangerous' libraries.]

Gary Bell

"No." Gary says seriously. "There are certain government officials aware of our existence as individuals, but the details of our lives are on a 'need to know' basis. The nobility doesn't know, and I'd know if they were taking interest in us."

As a man who can 'see' wireless signals and the entire continental network, Gary can say this with a degree of honesty.

"Which means that you're afraid of the nobility using people with certain powers and abilities for their own gain." Gary says suddenly, staring off into space, thinking furiously. "Or that they're already doing so...Or that they're attempting to control them, eliminate their influence on the world. Are you afraid of Project Dewey Decimal getting involved?"

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    “Close.” Lelouch replies, impressed despite himself at Gary’s rather impressive intuitive grasp on politics. Certainly surprising, for someone who cannot even grasp basic social interaction he seems very good at disassembling motives. “I know the nobility makes use of people with powers to further their interests. I was simply wondering if said interests included your group or not. Though how you can believe the government is aware but the nobility is not…”
    It’s a fine point. Even secular governments tended to be directly controlled and managed by a member of the court or another, and answerable to the lords as a whole. It was important, how else could they keep the people in virtual slavery? And while the average, ‘second-son, no responsibilities or inheritance’ aristocrat did indeed need his butler to wipe his arse for him (if he couldn’t get in the military and die gloriously for his country), indeed that was how Lelouch made the majority of his living, but anyone actually in a position of actual power could usually use his brain, or at least find someone loyal to do it for him.
    While in the colonies that had led to some vassals who knew how to work being inducted into the peerage rather then attempting to teach lords to do boring jobs, the simple fact was that the nobles were the government, and their was no way something that big could be lost in the bureaucracy for long. Either Gary was lying to him, or someone was keeping them hidden. Someone with real power, real influence.
    Suddenly, he’s not trusting Gary. He wasn’t armed, guns were too difficult to explain, and he was useless with anything else, but... if he was being led astray…
    Lelouch had actually been enjoying himself a little. It’s nice, to be able to not other with any of his myriad of masks and filters, and just speak. And then Gary went and started acting all suspicious. “As for the special projects division, why them specifically? They have dozens of such organizations. Have you heard something in particular?” That’s the real pointed question. It seems very curious that, a day after learning about a so far unknown group with a highly specific purpose, a total stranger brings it up.
    Then he turns to Shiki, not really lightening all that much. “You haven’t said much about yourself. I take it you still don’t like me. Well let’s try a fresh start. I’ll apologize for prying into your mind, and you apologize for prying into my secrets. Deal?”

Light Yagami
    Misa, despite being nearly hysterical, calms down to give an unsteady account of her ordeal (minus Sebastien's intervention), with the addition of someone handling the wolf, who bears a more then passing resemblance to Maka. Then she faints, and Light carries her into her bedroom, then walks out of her apartment with Charlie, gently but firmly requesting she has time to recover before she makes a formal statement.
    Misa waits until the sherrif is out of the way, then gets up, and takes of her dress purposefully. She doesn't want to soil it beyond repair. Then, dressed only in her lacy underwear, notes that one of the wonderful things about western kitchens is all the knives for preparing food. Selecting a filleting knife that's never been used, she heads into the bathroom where Jacob Black is strung up, and nods at Sebastien.
    "I've never done this before." She admits to him, her usual chirrup decidedly darker. "Kira made it unnecessary. For almost a year now, we've all been safe from people like you. And then you went and did this. If I make a mistake, please correct me. I've decided I'll start with a brand new rug. And if he's good and answers all my questions, perhaps we can kill him before we make him into one. Does that sound good?"
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-07-26 at 08:49 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

23. - Top - End - #653

Harry

He scoffs at her, the fire slightly flickering as his soul devours the fiendfyre whole, swallowing it in the endless flames of his magic. "Really, Berserker? My hate will kill me?"

He laughs, long and hard. And looks at her with a new light, a wide grin on his face.

"I killed Voldemort. And when I did, I looked at his face - because I wanted to let him know that I won. And do you know what I saw? Not fear, not pain, and not sorrow. He felt ashamed. Ashamed that he lost to me, who was weak, when he was strong. And then I found out the truth."

His wand twirls in his hand absentmindedly, the charred runes faintly pulsating a blood red.

"Every hero needs a villain. I was bored. So bored. There is nothing to do when you are the ultimate victor - who would challenge the boy who had slain the most powerful Dark Wizard of the age? Nobody. I was bored, and alone, and frustrated. I only had one thing left - Voldemort's Shame. His final gift; or his final curse, if you will. I had to prove to him that I was his equal, that I was what he marked me with, Berserker."

The fire in his eyes finally blooms and dies, a cataclysmic explosion of destructive power taking place inside of his vision, but merely showing itself to the outside world as a cascading film of holy light and hellfire, until it died, and only Killing Curse green looks back at her.

"And what better way to do so than to master the Flames of Disaster themselves? You yourself must know that even though the Knights watch them oh-so carefully, the Flames are fickle, and will allow control to those who seek it. And I will control the Flames, if only to let Voldemort rest in damn peace."

Shiki

Shiki scoffs at Lelouch, but shrugs. "Very well. As long as you swear to never attempt to inflict yourself upon my mind like that again."

His eyes stare deeply into Lelouch, and he slightly adjust his glasses with a wicked grin. "Remember this well, Zero. These eyes of mine do an awful lot more then just see."

24. - Top - End - #654
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

"The Nobility have different IP addresses." Gary replies to Lelouch's first concern.

"I discovered a signal on an encrypted wavelength and gained access to a military archive talking all about 'Project Dewey Decimal'...and how they have a project going on in this location. A way to bring all magical powers under control...I think that's a code word for mutants and metahumans."

Gary doesn't really gives off good emotional cues with his flat voice.

But by the same token, that doesn't give him the ability to eloquently lie.

Gary frowns suddenly. "You're worried that I'm going to put you in danger. I won't."

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "Threats. How...common." He said, a little disdainfully. "Still, I have done you wrong, and for that I apologize. And as long as you do nothing to harm me, I shall do you the same courtesy." He turns back to Gary. Shiki turned out to be a fairly dull, brooding conversationalist.
    He wonders a little at this world Gary presents. A tiny macro-culture, mostly left alone, in a world where difference had so often been a cause for destruction, where all power was put to use. Someone knew. But they kept it hidden, whether out of some charity, or out of a desire to save them for later, he didn't know. But neither did Gary, and his own coming to this school suggested that the life he had so far enjoyed was coming to an end. "I see. Then I suspect you are right. They are indeed involved."
    Shame about wasting his geas on the general. The man had thrown it off in minutes, while answering only a fraction of his questions, which were both something he still didn't quite understand, and was now immune. He'd have to start looking again. "Well, there's something worth investigating. Perhaps you could give me a location from where this wavelength originated?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Pixie in the Playground

Beast
    A shovel-sized hand catches Souske before he can take his second step. "I don't know what's wrong with you. You're such a mess, I doubt anyone who isn't in Arkham could. But surely you realize you are in trouble."

He looks at the soldier. "This is banned by the same laws that ban nuclear weapons. Just owning it is punishable by military law, without trial. And you brought it onto a school campus, surrounded by civilians, and allowed it to be activated. That it's mostly harmless is irrelevant, because you didn't know that. Stay here. You do not move, you do not even think of moving."

With that he stalked over to the library. "Smedry! I need your help again!" He shouts, disrupting the delicate concentration of the old man. He might be crazy, but he's the one with the teddy bears full of some weird clothes dissolving agent. Which makes him the resident expert.

Hansel
    Fear. Panic. The poor cousins of courage and loyalty, but to Hansel, they were old, old friends. All it takes is a little redirection, and suddenly the frightened, panicked mob is a frightened, panicked mob looking for someone to blame.

Shirou
    He'd lost track of Touma about the time his clothes dissolved like a fine mist, and is in just as much of a blind panic as everyone else.

27. - Top - End - #657

Harry

"There is no peace in Death, not for heroes or monsters." Salem muses.

"He could easily be the caster in this Grail War." She continues outside into the evacuation zone along with the mortal students.

Light, Misa and Sebastian

The wolf is literally just a wolf. A wolf from hell but still untimely just a wolf. All it can do in response to your threats is growl back.

Jacob Black is dead, this is nothing but a demon that was playing piggyback on his mortal coil now angry and lashing out on those it can smell his death upon.

Smedry

You open the door to reveal a mirror portal identical to the one you used previously to travel to the Free Kingdoms. No traps, no weapons just a portal.

Unlike your portal though this one has a fixed address. The decadent cathedrals spiraling across a mountainous skyline with the faint golden, once holy haze radiating from everything like light trying hard to escape from the darkness that now consumes it. The traitor Kingdom, Idris.

28. - Top - End - #658

Harry

Harry nods rather absentmindedly, giving Salem a winning grin as he does so. "Berserker, you're far too uptight! Look at me! I'm relaxed, and there's no way we'll lose!"

He stretches his arms out, slinging one over Salem's shoulder and dragging her with him. "You go mad around magic - and I'm filled to the brim with the stuff! How can we lose, when all I have to do to make sure you win is cast?"

Shiki

He snorts as Lelouch turns away. "It's not a threat if its fact Zero. Just be grateful you can turn your eyes off."

KiLl kIlL KiLl kIlL KiLl kIlL KiLl kIlL KiLl kIlL KiLl kIlL

29. - Top - End - #659
    Pixie in the Playground

Raven
    Raven sighs and stands up, getting her cloak and pulling up the hood. She doesn't ask for much, why couldn't they all just leave her alone?

Zhuge Liang
    Zhuge Liang has been summoned had been summoned in three previous Holy Grail Wars. The first two times, he'd done little to distinguish himself and lost without comment, but that had been necessary. He'd been learning. The third time, making an alliance with another premier strategist with similar goals (Lu Shang, who he felt that he could have been friends with in better circumstances), he'd managed to arrange a total wipe-out, killing every master and servant so nobody could claim it. This time, he intends to win.

In terms of power, there were few servents he could compete with, both in life and in legend his physical capabilities were limited. But that didn't matter all that much. Most people tended to play it as a confrontation between the Servant and Masters. Kongming considered that uninspired. Stepping forward, he speaks before Raven can open her mouth. Taking charge without deferring to his master and manipulating all involved was a bad habit of his.

"A moment, if you please. While I am sure the matter is indeed urgent, I have a few problems of my own. I require writing implements, ink, and paper." He said, meeting her eyes with his own composed, mild, and clever ones. His eyes are green as creamy jade, perhaps suggesting mixed blood somewhere in his ancestry, or perhaps merely a reflection of his magical nature, flecked with gold and hazel. It's a gentle gaze, a comforting one, but something in it, some glimmer, some spark, suggests that this is a man who was capable of things that would make the excesses of even the most sociopathic of Gamemasters of the Hunger games seem mild in comparison.

"To begin with, before we leave, I was hoping you could tell me a bit about yourself. You'll have to forgive my ignorance, I'm something of a stranger in a strange land, and find myself startled every moment by some new curiosity. Given my master seems taciturn, perhaps you could assist me in fitting in. First things first, what is appropriate dress for a man such as myself?" He gestures at his robes, a bit self consciously.

Souske
    He hands Beast the canister. Perhaps it has something helpful on it, like a list of ingredients, or a sample that he can analyze. Perhaps not. Either way, the angels were now in the hands of a superior, and Katniss was safe. The agency had invested a lot of time and effort in her, and he had a duty to ensure her safety, as she was a comrade, if an unconventional one.

In which case, he could get out of here now, and try and deal with Maka, who was still out there trying to kill his primary charge. His first step was finding out where he was. From that, he just had to take a shot with the right sort of weapon.
    Last edited by Corvond; 2012-07-28 at 10:42 PM.

30. - Top - End - #660

Sebastian
    It's not a true sentient, Ms.Amane. It isn't going to respond to torture in any meaningful way. The only thing we might find from it is who aided it in getting this far out of hell. Perhaps a trained mage...though.

Panty
    Panty....is now bored. She had no idea where everyone actually went, when they'll be back, and...well, she's still naked. She attempts to follow Beast, if only out of boredom.

Stocking
    She didn't have access to stockings at the moment.

That might have saved a life today- Archer's, Stocking's, or Panty's, Stocking wasn't sure of, but it definitely saved someone.

You...you...I...you're right. It doesn't hurt me to aid you. And he isn't one of ours. He's unconnected. Unprotected. But I didn't jump into my current role blind- what are you? What do you want? You can blackmail me to visit your church, but I refuse to join your crusade without knowing that.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar