New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Smedry, Beast and Panty
    Ketch and Frost look at each other, and step back. The two of them were clearly intimidated, if they were alone you could probably finish this with some well-placed intimidation, but Horner only laughs and swaggers closer, cracking his knuckles as well, then paused to leer at Panty. It's remarkable and probably definitive in that she feels vaguely repelled and nauseated, which has never happened when an attractive man made a pass at her before. "That's cute." He says to Smedry. "But stop me if you've heard this one before… I sell the bridges around here. And I don't buy it."
    The Jack's all had skills that they used to infiltrate society, skills and trades. But Jack Horner was nothing more than a wandering vagabond up to no good, though for all his schemes and plots he never seemed to profit much. He was also perhaps the most reprehensible human being you'll ever met. A sneaky, cowardly conniving bastard, who was not only amoral and completely self-serving, but also kind of a unrepentant jerk, who'd screw anyone over to get ahead.
    Fortunately, he also couldn't resist a chance to talk about himself. "See, I know dragons. I was one for a few years, many moons ago, until a bunch of midgets with a map that leads everywhere snuck in while I was sleeping and stole all my treasure." He was still bitter about that, even if he'd won and lost a dozen fortunes since. Perhaps it was a tall tale, but you could never be sure with mister Horner. With him, there wasn't necessarily any way to separate truth from fiction."I'll spare you the tale of my brilliance. As well as how I seduced thirty super-models and learned to fence. Even I can only take so much of my own brilliance, let alone all the scum watching me." With some effort he got back on subject.
    "So, no sneaky tricks, and no calling for help. Well not to doubt a chap's word, and I'm sure you're very devious and we're in your clutches, but lest you forget you're talking to the only six star general in the universe. I'm a hundred moves ahead of you. And my plan doesn't call for anything like necromancy, sneaky tricks or calling for help." He indicated to the other two. "Lets get this over with quickly, I've got better adventures to be having, hopefully with blondy over there. Bet I got a few tricks she's never even heard of. Mister Ketch? A few inches off the top." The executioner nodded, pulling down his hood, so that his face was covered and only two eye-slits could be seen, then hefted his great axe and strode towards Smedry, meaning to add another two notches.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-10-17 at 06:19 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Bugbear in the Playground

Panty
    Panty tilts her head as she slips to beside Smedry, having an idea where this conversation had gone. Okay, one, I haven't gotten laid in eight hours. That is too f***ing long. So, if you think you're up to it, lets roll for... She eyes him carefully, a bit. Screw it, I'll take it. She turns on the ax wielding Jack, Also, put the f***ing toy down. I'm Panty Anarchy, one of the Archangel's finest. That thing is just embarrassing.

Stocking
    Clothing that wouldn't make a street walker blush? Hallelujah, He had delivered! Wait...army deployment. More mortals bumping around giving her trouble. Wrong He then. Either way, she slides in close to Sousuke, Soldier boy! Good, now where's my stupid sister?

Sebastian
    Sebastian smiles as he moves closer to the man, keeping up the naive act; Perhaps, but my daughter was good friends with Mr.
    Black. Indeed, I was under the impression she was good friends with many people present on this reservation. I also know she had gotten involved with some rather....unsavory practices, witchcraft and the like, and was hoping someone here might know a few things.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Pixie in the Playground

Beast
    A hard fist mashed into the hooded head as Jack Ketch advanced with such force it lifted him off his feet and sent him flying in an ungainly mess. He cleared ten feet before he crashed to the ground like a sack of potatoes, and did not move bar a few sad twitches. The axe slipped out of nerveless fingers. Hank rolled his eyes. When he hits people, they stay hit. That punch would have knocked down an elephant. Just the same, he'd held back enough not to kill him.

"Not quite a dragon, but certainly much better looking." He says to Smedry, then faces the two remaining Jacks. "We haven't been introduced. My name is Henry McCoy, though I'm better known in some circles as Beast. I enjoy poetry, know what wine to order with trout, have six separate doctorates, I swing from trees, know Stephen Hawking's theorems of dimensional theory by heart, can calculate the volume of a cone in my head, and if I still see you by the time I count to three, I'll rip your bloody arms off."

Then, quite jovially, he steps back, and makes an expansive gesture to the man who knows what's going on. "Over to you, Smedry. And none of that Panty, try to show some decorum."
    Last edited by Draxx; 2012-10-26 at 02:23 AM.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

4. - Top - End - #784

Panty
    Panty watches with honest amusement as Beast makes his move, Teach? I'm wearing the Prof's coat and nothing else. Decorum can take a walk. She moves forward to back Beast up, as her mind starting cranking a fact into existence.

I can take these guys.

You don't know if they're mortal and out-of-bounds.

I'll figure out when I shoot them.

With what?

Guns, duh.

What guns?

......S***.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

Sebastien
    Sam had turned and began to walk away. With slightly more theatricality then required, he stopped and turned. "I think I wasn't clear. You, your questions and your arse are not welcome here anymore. Now get out before my boys teach you a lesson in manners."
    They all looked so happy at the suggestion of impeding violence. Angry young men who have an opportunity to strike out at the establishment that keeps them enslaved and poor. You might as well be asking for a beating.

Beast, Smedry and Panty
    Jack's smile becomes a little brittle and forced. He rubs the side of his throat and glances around, then faces Beast again. "Well, that is a wonderful trick." He said, trying and failing not to sound nervous. "But…" He paused.
    "Mister Frost?" The air abruptly became colder, and snow began to fall from the sky in tiny flakes. The dark man stepped forward, hands held up, fingers splayed, and frost began to creak over the landscape. And then Hank was encased in a block of ice. Where there was air, there was the potential for winter, and that's all Jack needed.
    "He aught to make a pun, but mister Frost never had much in the way of humor." Horner said ruefully, rubbing his stubbly chin as things were once more going his way. "Well, looks like the score is about even, both down by one. You're move, Smedry."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    He gives you a look that is bleak and empty and supremely disquieting, then walks past you, heading for his room. You're not part of the chain of command, and therefore your dismissed from his universe as inconsequential. Souske needs sleep.

Tim Drake
    He had put it off to long. It was time to report to his boss. Dressed as Robin (thanks to the dissolving bomb, the only clothes he has), he sneaks off the school grounds, not registering as so much as a flicker despite the bright, primary colors. He's often considered the uniform, and figures it's as much to make him a target, so Bruce can remain hidden as it is to pay tribute to another boys dead parents.

Coming to his apartment, he opens the laptop and awaits contact.

Steph and Cassie
    Steph glares at him until he's out of sight. It wasn't like her to be so quiet, even when they were on patrol or doing a stake-out she couldn't shut up most of the time. But Tim…

"You okay?" Her best friend asks, concerned at her silence. Cass might be silent herself, but she recognized something was wrong.

"He's acting like nothings wrong. Like we hardly know each other, like…"

"You left him."

"No, he left Gotham. And he left me behind. I just made it official." Steph replied with a glare. Then she sighed. "Oh, to hell with it. Lets go do some investigating and try and figure out what the matter is with all these students."

"Talking sense now." Cass said, pulling on her Batgirl mask, and heading off after Groundskeeper Willie. Steph went after Souske. One way or another, they'd get to the bottom of this.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

Tim Drake
    The mansion is quiet. Alfred snores in his room on the third floor. The automatic generator hums softly. Occasionally, the old wood creaks, and there is a slight patter on the roof. It's begun to rain, nothing more then a light shower. Outside, the wind rises, tearing dead leaves free to carpet the grounds. Frogs croak, and crickets take up the chorus. A wolf howls. I know exactly how it feels.
    But there are other noises. Deeper sounds, felt in the beating heart and the slight tinge of excitement that bathes me in cool sweat and makes my breathing quicken. My will to resist is swept aside, cowardice masquerading as caution and responsibility. Gotham, my city screams, and I can no more deny her then silence the beat of my heart. I am a young man again, hard and virile and strong. The old familiar aches and pains are gone, and once more I am alive, powerful. I take of my mask pull down my face, and let the hunter unfold over me, then I stand.
    I am vengeance! I am the night! I AM BATMAN!
    The computer comes to life, and I turn to face it, the slits that are my eyes narrowing. It's the boy. Tim. The third one, third after two disappointments and many times that in failures almost made me give up completely on an heir to my dark legacy, and the promise it embodies. Tim Drake. The boy.
    "Yes?" I ask, short and to the point. I trust his judgment. He would not call me unless no alternative presented itself.

Stephanie Brown, Souske, Liz and Patti
    Heading back to your room, you come through a hallway currently occupied by Liz, Patti, and King Boomer. This should ring a bell, as you more or less caused this directly.
    King Boomer, in his ill-fitting clothes, is the first to react. "You! The cad who struck me! What have you got to say for yourself, eh?" None of them have noticed Cass, despite no shadows to hide in, and her costume.

Cassandra
    Willie is on the grounds, talking quietly to some soldiers.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Pixie in the Playground

Smedry

Smedry smiles a rather unpleasant smile.

"Heat subtraction, eh?" He said idly, strolling forward at a sedate pace.

"I have an old friend with a similar ability. Outstanding fellow, knowledgable, brilliant, a fine drinking buddy, and crochety as heck. A glare that could freeze the piss in your bones."

He winks at Jack Horner.

"Mr. Frost doesn't really compare I'm afraid. His odds against the dragon? The one you thought I was bluffing about?"

He snaps his fingers. It rings out across the lake and dock.

"Dragon-Soldier! Attttacccckkkk!!!!!" He shouts.

And in that moment of hesitation and fear, where the mind tenses against an incoming attack, that moment where you have to check to see if a threat is real or not...

Smedry strikes.

He yanks his coat off Panty and flings it over Jack Horner's head. Before Jack Frost can attack, he pulls a water bottle out of his back pants pocket, defying all physics and pocket mechanics, and pitches it at Ice Caster's head. If he judges correctly, the Ice Caster will instinctively defend himself, but not with his hands or by dodging (though those aren't bad outcomes). He'll use his abilities, to freeze and shatter it.

But by freezing the water in the bottle, he'll only make the projectile flying towards him more lethal.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2012-10-20 at 12:19 PM.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kidd

Even if there was a chance of someone else answering it he needed some advice. He wasn't even sure if he should give chase to Light. He needed to find out what he should do. It was time to consult those wiser than him. "Hello? Is anyone there? Mother? One of my many relatives? Heck I'd settle for Thanos at this point."

Liz and Patti

Liz looks a little angry as she says, "It is you! Well what do you have to say for yourself! You could have seriously hurt someone, and then I had to walk around campus naked cause of you! In fact why shouldn't I bash that gorgeous little head in!?"

Patti in the meantime had somehow found her way over to Stephanie and was greatly invading her personal space. "Your really pretty. Not as pretty as my big sis but still pretty. Do you like painting your nails like sis does? She says that a woman's greatest pride is her beauty. 'Any girl can kick butt, however the the best girls can kick butt and look good doing it', that's what she said. Isn't my sis smart?"

Maka and Soul

Having decided to leave Kidd to his thoughts the weapon and meister duo decided to head back towards the main area of the school. Luckily they had managed to avoid the gas thanks to their little getaway from the crime scene before Souske set off his little surprise.

They had reached the roof area, the place where the two felt the most comfortable. Soul streches as he says, "Man, this just gets more and more complicated. WHy couldn't this have been a simple mission? What I wouldn't give to-"

"Soul shut up for a minute." Soul looks over at an intensely concentrating Maka. She is looking down at the ground with a cautious expression.

"What is is Maka is something wrong?"

"Not wrong per say but, well I sensed that Souske guys soul, so I decided to take a look sense I also felt Liz and Patti's souls. I wanted to know if he was going to try something. When I took a look however I saw a soul that I had managed to overlook. It's odd, it's faint almost like a dying soul but it's very much alive. What's more is that I can't see a physical body where I see the soul. Its...disturbing."

(OOC: Is Cass really invisible or is it that people just tend to glance over her. Plus when are you okay with Light dying? I don't want to rob you of a character before your' ready to let them go.)

10. - Top - End - #790
    Pixie in the Playground

(She's a ninja. The best ninja ever)

Souske
    He's still insanely good looking, but he's also clearly a little deranged. Not too much, just an ammount that could be accounted for by a man going days without sleep in a high-risk position. He stared at her. He blinked twice to confirm she was there, then drew himself up.

"That would be an irresponsible decision. You are outclassed in any confrontation to such an extent that it would be suicide to attempt." Apparently, non-serious threats were not covered in basic training. Then he yawns, completely ruining the effect. To be honest, he looks in just as bad shape as King Boomer.

Steph
    Steph had worried she was going to have trouble acclimatizing to the school. Her eyes light up. She meant to interrogate them (which she wasn't any good at, having not inherited the bat-gene) and has found something of a kindred spirit, even if one not overly used to society. That was fine. Her best friend could barely string a sentence together, having only learned to speak over the last few years.

Sephanie is a lively, perky teenager - as well as a total motormouth. "You're pretty as well." She replies. "But no. I used to, but I had to stop, because I kept breaking them. Actually, I bite them now, and they look all ragged. I don't know your sis, but that's what everyone I know says, and they'd know. Hey, what's going on here?" She says, turning the conversation into a useful direction. "And isn't that the guy who Cass says was threatening her?" She adds, gesturing to Souske.

Tim Drake
    He almost backs out. Then he girds his loins and nods, staring at his surrogate father, mentor, and the most terrifying man he knows. The Batman, defender of Gotham City, the insurgent against the state. "I have a few concerns. For starters, what do you know about the Holy Grail War?"
    Last edited by Corvond; 2012-10-21 at 08:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

Tim Drake
    "I don't trust magic."
    He responds, eyes narrowing behind his cowl. "That's why I sent you. There's a lot to it." He sighed. "Call me again in a few hours. I'll tell you everything."

Kidd
    IS THIS THING ON? There were a few tapping noises, then the focus cleared, and you found yourself looking at a polished ivory skull in a black silk hood, flickering blue embers alight in the sockets. It was menacing, but nonetheless gave a feeling of kindliness. The Grim Reaper looks at you a moment, then adjusts it again and the focus shifts a little more.
    BETTER. WE CAN SEE EACH OTHER NOW. HELP YOU SAY?

Smedry
    Horner flinches, indeed he almost cowers. Thanks to the self-serving history controlled by librarians, he may be the greatest adventurer and hero ever to walk the earth, but that didn't change the basic color of his insides (a sickly custard yellow).
    Frost, however, is made of sterner stuff. Jack Frost lifts his hand and points a finger, and a long spear of ice shoots from it and impales the water bottle in midair, as neatly as a tooth-pick thrust through an olive. He lowers his hand, and the thread of ice, like a long icicle, snaps under the weight of itself, not being particularly structurally sound without the dominion of winter pulling strings.
    Jack Horner shakes his head, having regained his composure with remarkable, nay uncanny speed. "Not even a magic potion, or water from the lake. Just run-of-the-mill H2O. Smedry, I do declare, you have jumped right in without any sort of plan, haven't you?" He looks almost rueful. "In that case, take him prisoner mister Frost, and wake mister Ketch up. Valentine will want to meet the famous Levenworth Smedry personal." He rubbed his chin. "Leave me the girl, will you?"

Maka and Soul
    On top of the gym is another student, Katniss Everdeen. She has a bow and arrow, and is scanning the area carefully. Given that you are still looking for Bella Swann and Edward Cullen, she seems the most likely place to go to for direction.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Pixie in the Playground

Hank McCoy
    He's frozen in place, the water still in his fur proving the perfect channel for the ice powers. You can still see him, despite the giant ice cube around him, and he looks almost comically shocked. The freezing was more or less instantaneous. Of course, soon ice crystals will begin to form in his soft tissues, and he'll turn to mush.

You probably need to get him out of that quickly.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

[Is Panty not going to react?]

If nothing else, Smedry had bought himself time to switch out his Lenses. With red Occulator Lenses on his brow now, he raises an eyebrow.

"That's what you've never understood, Mr. Horner." He replies. "Jumping into things without a plan has always been my plan. There's nothing that gives quite a rush like it!"

He picks up his jacket from the ground and shakes it out.

"Although admit it." He said, grinning. "You totally fell for the dragon gambit."

He reaches into his tux pocket–

And pulls out a long sword. A thin, strong, practical one-handed blade, composed of layered steel and Reinforcer's Glass, drawn from a pocket that could not physically contain such a blade by any stretch of the laws of physics.

Hushlander physics is overrated anyway.

Smedry rams the blade into the ice block containing McCoy and twists.

And he activates his Glasses, the Red-tinted Lenses glowing faintly, creating a barrier against offensive magic.

14. - Top - End - #794

Panty
    Panty sighs, Idiots. Teach? Once you get Prof out of that ice, just go on ahead. I'll deal with them. She stalks forward to the edge of their boat, smiling, Boys? New game, let's decide on the rules. She had no weapons whatsoever at her disposal...but she was an angel. As long as she could avoid being frozen, she was willing to bet they couldn't hurt her. Assuming this didn't end in a threesome. That would be preferable...

Sebastian
    Sebastian breathes in that delightful smell again...oh yes, that smell. Conversation was...not getting anywhere. Rather expected given the disposition of these fellows. He stands up, smiling pleasantly. Oh I do apologize but I feel they're going to have to, 'teach me.' New tactic; break a few bones.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Smedry, Panty, Beast
    Jack might be a coward, an egotistical narcissistic man-child, and an all around jerk, but Jack was nimble. Jack was quick. The second you pull the sword, he's got his hands around Ketch's fallen, and striding across the intervening distance with every intent of using it on you.
    Then he paused, and lowered the axe a bit. He could never resist a wager, mostly because he was (in the short term) far more lucky then competent. "What sort of game would you be suggesting?" Frost remained quiet, removing a small, sharp knife from his sleeve and edging sideways, trying to slide out of sight.

Reservation
    "Make a missing person of the F*cker." No sooner has Sam spoken then half a dozen of them rush you.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #796

Panty
    Well, that choice is really yours, isn't it? She grins at him, sliding her weight from one side to another, 'Course, you're asking me, I say cards. You, me, and your friend. Poker. Strip. Looks down at herself. I'll use the prof's.

Sebastian
    Sebastian smiles as he cracks his knuckles, stepping forward Oh me, oh dear, it does appear I'll have to engage in fisticuffs. Sadism aside, he attempts to move quickly, in case this was a trap, and he isn't just dealing with angry, stupid, children. Quickly, move to knock them out over kill them. He might need them for questions...or examples.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

17. - Top - End - #797
    Ogre in the Playground

Panty, Smedry, Beast
    "And you'll honor it?" He asked glaring at Smedry, then before he could answer he smiled affably and tossed the axe aside. "Well that seems mighty fair to me, missy, though I admit cards aren't my specialty." He removed a pack from his back pocket, shuffled them quickly, then offered them to you to cut.
    He then dealt five each (you're fairly sure from the bottom of the deck, though you can't be sure), then removes the scarf from his neck and tosses it in the pot, along with his coat.
    You have the makings of a straight, of hearts naturally.

Sebastien
    You have the three of them down before they realize you've moved, one of them with a shattered sternum, the others merely maimed, not crippled. Muscles aside, they don't appear to be much more then human when they aren't letting the demons run loose in their bodies as giant wolves.
    Sam turns again, stares at them, then looks at the others. "Well?" He asks angrily, and they throw back their heads and howl. That's when it got weird.
    First their faces started to rearrange themselves. Their eyes, nose and mouths all started to move and change positions until they looked like a Picasso in motion, their features swimming around their faces like floating pieces in a stirred soup.
    Then they stopped, and suddenly, their skin had multiple wolves' mouths forming wherever they could fit which immediately began to bark and snap.
    Then, they howled again. It was a how like nothing you have ever heard. The howl seemed to contain within itself savage joy and barbaric hatred that the wolf men were incapable of expressing as a human. The sheer volume of the howl could be heard for kilometers on end. It shook the earth and challenged the heavens. Birds flew from their perches and wolves froze in place, disbelieving that such a howl could come from the throats of one of their own. It was all of them now, not just the young men. Even the old man in the steel wheelchair had joined the song.
    Sam smirked. "He's no man, and he's trespassing on our land. You all know what that means. Rip him to pieces." He said, and everyone in the room falls upon you at once, teeth seeking your throat.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-10-24 at 08:52 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Pixie in the Playground

Batgirl
    From her position in the ventilation duct of the Grenlore Suites, Batgirl was certain her surveillance target couldn't see her. But she couldn't keep the target in her line of sight either.

Despite being inexperienced with many aspects of daily life, Cassie Cain was far from naďve. What she didn't know, what David Cain neglected to teach her, was omitted in order to intensify her focus on what mattered. And what mattered to David Cain was the kind of knowledge that would make her the perfect assassin.

She knew enough to be able to tell that just because Willie wasn't doing anything this moment didn't mean he wasn't better off in traction. She just had to wait for him to move out of sight, and then she'd pounce.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Pixie in the Playground

Henry 'Hank' McCoy: The Beast
    As has been noted before while he was in the depths of the lake sinking, Beast has an exceptional lung capacity, explaining how he was able to survive the freezing process. Of course, that doesn't mean he springs out, ready to fight either. He wheezes a bit, bent almost double, then gives Smedry a sheepish grin. "I seem to be taking a beating, don't I?"

Then he looks at what seems to be a round of high-stakes poker - if an informal one, and he almost blacks out. "Please tell me they're not doing what I think they are doing."

20. - Top - End - #800
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

Leavenworth holds up a cautionary hand to his fellow academic.

"Don't do anything rash, Professor McCoy. Strip poker is a matter of life and death amongst the operatives of the library war! We must uphold the honor of this very serious duel!"

He chips in his bowtie to Panty's pot.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground

Magician's Duel (Shirou, Harry, Alex, Salem, Mickey)
    Alex did not major in combat magic. And what she knew was mostly the showy sort, rather then the practicalities of using magic to end a life, which had not prepared her for this. Harry was an Auror standard wizard, who hadn't won countless duels on luck alone. She was defending herself using animated furniture, chairs, tables, desks and anything else handy whirling through the corridor in a parody of motion, acting as maneuverable shields by imposing themselves between her and the spells, and increasing the density of them in order to make them more durable.
    Then she decides to stop being reactive, and to retaliate with her own brand of skills. She takes a deep breath, rolls her shoulders, then blurs, and an identical duplicate materializes beside her. Then a third, then a sixth, then there are ten of her, all acting as puppeteers to the crude magical constructs. Now that's a trick. But are they reflections with her conscious split between them, or autonomous clones?

Mickey, meanwhile, gets to his feet, and draws himself up to his full height, all three feet of it. This is a very powerful servant, that sort of hit should have done more than make him a little unsteady. He fixes his gaze on Salem. "Do you enjoy this? The joy you find in death is nothing but a hatred of life that you are unable to feel. You are nothing but a jealous, empty monster. And if you are so eager to see death, then kill me if you can." His keyblade appears in his right hand once more. "If you think you're hard enough, ho ho."

Gary and Lelouch
    Lelouch steps forward and talks to the soldiers, negotiating your return into the school. He doesn't use his magical over-ride, you notice. Apparently, to him it's a weapon of last reliance. When you're in, he turns to look at you, and .
    "It's clear to me that I have considerable concerns. If you wish to help, will you please investigate the Dewey Decimal group branch? I have enough issues without wildcards."

Shiki
    You remember her from class. She's on the student council. Your best bet is to go and talk to the Napoleon, Mily Ashford, who seems to run the group with a gentle but iron hand. She's easy enough to locate. The principle's office, explaining to the former navy seal what's to be expected of him and his soldiers.

Strip Poker
    (As always, you decide what cards you have.)
    "I admire your courage, little miss angel." He sneers, discarding one card and drawing another, while Frost paces restlessly behind his boss. It's clear he doesn't approve of this, and wants to just kill you all with that little knife he carries in his sleeve. Mister Ketch is still passed out, his face a swollen mess of bruises.
    "And in the spirit of that, I do declare, I think I'll sweeten the pot." He tosses his coat in as well. He's wearing a shirt that says 'Nimble Pictures' on it.
    "We should just call Ripper." Frost says, his voice soft and oddly inflection-less, with the emphasis placed on the wrong syllables. "Much more elegant solution."
    "Hardly sporting, mister Frost, hardly sporting. If we were to not announce ourselves, and just take them out with a high powered rifle the moment they stepped onto the earth, why then we'd be no better then they think of us." He looks at his cards again, then places them facedown. "Well then, little angel?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Pixie in the Playground

Shirou
    He's really getting sick of this tall, infuriating man who never seems to actually contribute. He'd wished for a hero, and gotten this instead. Where was the fairness in that? "I don't care about your opinion. I am your master, and I told you to do something. Obey."

Archer
    "As his lordship pleases." He replies, then steps forward and concentrates. In his right hand he summons four and a half feet of silvery bronze, Caladbolg. In his left he summons a notched, pitted iron spike, Fragarach. Then he leaps up into the air and brings them both down on Mickey. He was the danger here, but working with Salem he could probably take him out regardless without having to do something desperately stupid.

Willey
    The big angry Glaswegian who does the lawns and grounds is trying to convince the soldiers to kill a few students by yelling at them in an incomprehensible brogue. Fortunately, they're not listening. Yet.

Beast
    "Wouldn't dream of it." He replies, sitting back. "Though I do have to ask why we're settling this on what appears to be, if I may, sheer dumb luck with a small element of skill. Surely there's a better way to work out our difference. Like violence." You're fairly sure he's being sarcastic. It's that new thing he taught you the hushlanders do, like lying except with the assumption it will not be believed (which seems to render the whole point of lying redundant, but you didn't say anything to the poor, confused man).

23. - Top - End - #803

Panty
    Prof? Shoes and something you don't mind missing. She smirks, I'm not getting a show worth paying for yet, they're not getting anything with cool stuff in it.

She tosses two and picks up. Two queens. Good enough. She looks back at McCoy, Just a friendly game. Work on getting less frosty, maybe find some clothes.

Sebastian
    .....****. A wolf? Easy. A couple wolves? Still pretty easy. An entire tribe? Even Sebastian wasn't confident against those odds. On the other hand, he hadn't had a reason to just 'cut loose' in...oh lord, how long? Life as a butler was more fufilling, but he still had urges, he was still a demon after all.

He turns towards the nearest window and makes a break for it. Stay in close corridors like these and he'd get dead. That at least was obvious.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

Sebastien
    The wolves snap at your heels as you make your cunning escape, throwing themselves at you like piranhas in a feeding frenzy, as you run for the window. You break out of the building in a spray of broken glass, a few minor lacerations closing up on you. The wolves follow you in a furry tide. But they're not. Wolves, that is.
    The first one has five legs, the third boneless gangling uselessly in the middle of it's chest, and three separate sets of snapping jaws. Others are far more deformed and twisted. But it doesn't seem to slow them down, or make them any less dangerous.
    They part, and Sam walks towards you, still in human form. You get the distinct impression that Sam Fireheart is something else, something entirely other.
    "We made a deal when the white-men came." Sam said. He had long black hair, and a dark complexion. He might have been twenty five. He wore a denim jacket and jeans, and his cowboy boots clattered on the asphalt. "Five hundred years ago, we could fend for ourselves. Villages thrived all over the land. Then the white man came with his concept of property, with his banks and his money. He stole the land and parceled it out, made it so nobody could there without his say so. It's those concepts that destroyed us, more then guns and lords and firewater."
    He gestured about. "And once we had no pride left, they pitied us. Called it 'paternalism', as though their way was better. Decided to stop bleeding us dry, and give a little back, as though it was there's to give. All we got were the scraps. Places like this, where there's nothing to so much to scavenge. Oh, it's not much, but it's ours. That was the agreement. And now something like you staggers onto here, wearing their guise…"
    The wolves growled. As he spoke, they'd surrounded you, hemming you into a ring, and were now slowly tightening it like a noose. There were maybe fifty men in the bar. Now, there's three times that, the howl seemed to have called more of them, slinking out of the houses and caravans to join the enormous pack.
    Their eyes glowed blood red, far too many eyes even for that many wolves. Then, all at once, following some secret, invisible signal, they leapt, every single one from every angle, trying to bring you down and turn you into dogfood.

Strip Poker
    Jack Frost flinches at the cold pun, and bares his small sharp teeth. Apparently, he doesn't have a sense of humor. Jack, on the other hand, gives a big belly laugh, and shakes his head. "I'll have to remember that one." He says, giving you a wink. "So, then, shall we?" He's got a high king, and what could have been a straight had fate been more kind. The pot goes to you, and he deals again. You're fairly sure he's cheating, though if he is, he's not doing a very good job of it. As if sensing your distrust, he turns to Dr McCoy. "Why don't you get over here and deal? Frost can cut the deck, that way we're all contributing, and we can trust things. Keep it fair like."
    He took his five cards, thought a moment, then cracked his knuckles."Since we rushed into this and all, I'd better make sure we're all on the same page. As I understand it, the terms of our agreement is that if you win, not only do I let you go about your merry way, but I'll not so much as raise the alarm, and let you go about you're merry way. Ask me, you can't say fairer then that. But if I win, and I admit I ain't doing too well at that just yet, but things do sometimes turn around, then you're my prisoners, you give me all your weapons, and you don't even try to escape." He says, taking off his boots and socks, and tossing them into the pot. "Sounds like the start of a beautiful friendship?"

Mickey
    He blocks both, angling his keyblade cunningly, absorbs the force by letting the blows knock him off his feet and toss him to the wall. But a moment before he hits, he tucks his legs under him, pushes off the wall to change direction, and rockets back at you, hitting you in the face and sending you staggering over, then lashing out at Salem's leg trying to take it off at the knee.
    King Mickey plays for keeps.

Book Mobile
    A big black van, with tinted windows comes to a rest on the road road outside the school, and three women get out. All three of them were young, drop-dead gorgeous (in a somewhat prim way, but not prettiest girl in the town gorgeous so much as prettiest girl in the country gorgeous) and wearing spectacles. Only Hillary's were actually horn-rimmed, but that was because she was the only one who actually spent any time at all in a library, the others favoring the more 'active' aspects of the job.
    She was the blond one, a bit shorter then the others, her build a tad less voluptuous but still far from typical. She was dressed in impossibly tight shiny leather pants and top, that had the look of special forces get-up combined with a spy-catsuit. A gun was on either hip, a folding knife was strapped to her bicep and a pouch was on her belt for occulator lenses. Priscilla and Robin were dressed identically, except with far bigger guns, their long hair tied back in practical ponytails.
    Apparently, things were getting out of control. And when things got out of control, the librarians sent the physical embodiments of organizing and codifying. The Page sisters.

Headmaster Axe
    Sam Axe does not look like the manager of a prestigious and aristocratic academy. He looks like a working class Joe doing a job that's not beyond his capabilities but not entirely suited to him. He's dressed in a loud Hawaiian shirt, slacks, and has the beginnings of a tower of beer cans behind the desk. He was still in fairly good shape, though he was getting old and and putting on pounds.
    The new late enrollment student was the opposite. Tall, skinny and coltish, dressed to look like a Victorian doll: puffy skirts, lots of frills, huge ribbons, and mostly black or deep red. She was a pretty girl on the cusp of becoming a full, adult beauty, and had a pleasant turn of expression.
    "Miss… Minoru? Seems to be a problem with your paperwork. You're not yet eligible for Brittanian citizenship."
    "That a problem?"
    "Only if you want to live on campus. You're permitted to attend school, but not to live out of the ghetto."
    "Then there's no problem." She says, standing up and leaving the office.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-10-30 at 07:21 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

25. - Top - End - #805

Sebastian
    This...this was not good. No, this was bad. Sebastian was a demon. A powerful demon. He was famous all throughout the nine circles for being unflappable. Nothing put him off his game. Bowing before an irate Lucifer, Sebastian would wear the same pleasant smirk he always did. Not a care in the world...but Lord Lucifer wasn't in contract with him. Dying here, to these mongrels would violate his contract.

Sebastian has a moment to decide. Violate his contract? Or play his ace and make this affair so much worse? A butler to the end, he smiles.

Demons don't look like humans. Indeed, since the oldest demons came before man, better to say humans don't look like demons. This very form was a limit, a pleasant lie for his master that conveniently hid him from more powerful apparitions, and, loath he was to admit it, they did exist. Some might even be mad at him for the tricks he's pulled.

Over a hundred years since he had to revert to his true form. From a fallen angel, bent on genocide, to a pack of mongrels. He would have to rethink a few things.

One last pleasant smile as 'just a demon in a guise' and Sebastian reverts to his true form, dropping all pretense or limits. A sword that was not so much a separate entity as a literal piece of his body in hand, Sebastian dives into the crowd, a sadistic glee evident even in his monstrous features.

Panty
    Right, I win and we go along our merry way to...whatever the hell we were doing. You win, and we're free to do with as you please, no struggle. She grins at him, Though, personally, you'd probably like a little struggle.

Not so good a hand, and that's saying something given the last hand was a high pair. Toss out four, keep an ace. She keeps the Prof's current wears in, no need to go stripping him further yet. Keep it subtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    "We'll see." He replies noncommittally, pulling off his shirt and tossing that in, then pauses, seeming to think. Then he shrugs, discards two cards and waits patiently. The thoughtful expression on his face suggests he's trying to come up with something quickly. If he's as easy to read as he looks, then Poker really isn't his game at all.

Sebastien
    You cut loose, tearing through the wolves like a buzzsaw. You blade is soon matted with gore. Blood and bits of flesh drooled from your gaping jaws. You've killed dozens in seconds, smashing, clawing and biting and tearing in an orgy of bloodletting and slaughter. It feels good to be a demon again, and your immortal body is near to bursting with vigor. It was as though a storm were tearing through the tightly packed pack of twisted wolf things. Pieces of animal are tossed through the air in every direction, severed limbs, heads still contorted in expressions of surprise and terror, all trailing streamers of blood.
    The killing was not swift, but it was relentless, tearing them apart as though they were made of rags, and scattering the few that remained to limp home with their tails between their legs.
    Throughout it all, Sam never moved. When you stop, he shakes his head. "Is this what has become of our protectors? Once, they guarded this land, now they're nothing at all.I came here looking for the old magic, but I see there's none of it left. Not here." He sighed, looking like a man who has suffered just one more setback in a life full of them. "Well I guess I'll move on. But first, I'll make sure you don't profit from this. Eh-neeek-chock!" He yells, and he swells with vitality, expanding until he's grown to be thirty feet tall, then fifty. It's vaguely unreal, it looks more like a cheesy special effect then reality, and even when it's over his giant form seems impossible, as though a skyscraper had sprouted arms and legs and picked itself up. Something super-imposed over reality.
    Before you can so much as gape, he stomps his foot down, trying to crush you beneath his heel like a bug.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-10-29 at 08:48 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #807

Panty
    S***. Nothing. Keep cool, keep smirking. Prof? Pants. I want to see something interesting.

Sebastian
    Sebastian tries to keep his strength focused, hold its foot up while thinking, trying to recognize what the hell he's dealing with. Quickly, before something arrives. There were things left to fear in this world, more things between heaven and hell then were dreamt of in philosophy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

Stocking
    You're just growing frustrated with Souske and considering doing something incredibly unpleasant to him for blatantly ignoring you when you sense something dark flood over the world, something hot and shadowy and deathly cold. You catch a whiff of brimstone, and your face falls. You know what this is. There's a demon on rampage near the reservation, and you have a moral imperative to go do something about it. You guess that explains what happened to Panty.
    Some days you hate your life. Atticus is almost certainly behind it, him with the evil book, the dark magic and the vague but evil plan. And if you interfere, he might get mad, but if you ignore it then your idiot sister will know something is wrong, and there's a good chance she'll leave her own self-importance and sex-drive long enough to actually find out what (she is your sister, afterall). What's more, you're starting to go into withdrawal symptoms from a lack of sugar. You blood sugar level has rarely been so low, and your dependence on it has altered you at a biological level. By this point, the lack of lovely sweet things to eat is making you hallucinate.

Jack
    He's leanly built, and in good shape, with plenty of muscle to go around. He listens to you and smirks. "Very well. Pants it is." He says, and pulls off his blue jeans and tosses them in as well, leaving him in just his dirty red Y-fronts. He shows. Again, nothing but a high seven, literally the worst hand you can have. Unfortunately for him, he's far too arrogant to just cut his losses and fold every once in a while.
    "Well you're bleeding me dry at a terrible rate." He says, as you take your winnings, then smiles, a touch desperately. Apparently, he's finally come up with a plan to try and salvage the situation from his truly abysmal luck. "Tell you what, lets put it down to one more hand. You win, then not only will I let you alone, but I'll sneak you into the city and take you all the way to Valentine with not a soul any the wiser. That way, you won't be left staggering around and hoping for the best. I know shortcuts everywhere, I do, and it'll save you a good fight. But in the spirit of the risk, let's make it all in. How about it then?"
    Jack Frost hisses, then glares at his boss. "Let me play it then, you incompetent fool."
    But Jack waves him off. "Now now. I'm bound to be lucky this time. Law of averages. Now what do you say, little miss Angel? Give an ol' sinner one more chance to ride his hopes on?"

Sebastien
    It's like trying to hold up a mountain. Sam pushes harder, the crushing weight almost more then you can bare.You're weakening. You need to get out from under the foot and away before it's too late, and Apache Chief grinds your bones to powder.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-10-29 at 08:40 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

29. - Top - End - #809

Panty
    Panty looks at him, long and hard, before grinning, One condition. Not that I don't trust you...but, well, actually yeah. I don't trust you. You want that deal, you're tossing all your clothes into the pot before you get your cards. No 'whoops, I lost, time to bust out a thermal detonator!' She winks, Besides, after the bragging, I think its time you showed your piece.

She also tilts her head, Fair is fair though, Prof'll also have to strip down to nothing. Tilts her head back to look at Smedry, winking, Don't worry, sure you'll be just find. Hell, I've been winning, so you can keep your coat.

Stocking
    F***. F***. F***.

Her favorite word repeats again and again as she starts running, wishing she'd gotten some real clothes before having to break. She summons her blade as she beelines, propelled along by kicking herself in a**. She'd probably be seeing Archer again, given the aura. That would be...something.

She'd kill the demon. She'd kill Corset. She'd kill Atticus. She'd kill Gabriel. She'd kill Michael. She'd kill Garterbelt. She'd kill whatever the f*** she had to kill to finally f***ing end this.

Sebastian
    He'd need to be fast to deal with this. Fast...or strong. His eyes narrow, as he attempts to bring the armblade up into the foot, trying to slice up, through, and run- hoping to split this things foot in twain.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack Horner
    (In the comics, Jack beat old Scratch with this exact move.)
    "That seems mighty reasonable." He replies, and takes off the underpants. He lucked out down there as well, in the way that many story characters are 'the fairest in the land', Jack of the Fables has certain physical characteristic equivalents. Beast shuffles the deck. Jack Frost cuts it. Beast deals.
    You pick up your five, and barely suppress a smile. Flush of hearts, headed up by a queen. Doesn't get much luckier then that on first deal. Since neither of you have anything more to bet, it goes straight to showing. You put down your cards, and then Jack gives you the look every con man gives a victim he's just suckered. You've been reeled in, hook, line and sinker. "Not bad, little miss angel." He says, with a predatory smile. "But the way I learned to play, it sure as hell don't beat four of a kind." He says, and lays down all four jacks, plus an ace. Never been a deck of cards where he couldn't find all four any time he wanted.
    Jack gives a little chuckle, then stands up, hands the bundle of clothes he's just won to Mister Frost, and cracks his neck audibly. "Well now, that puts me ahead, as far as I can tell. Now you're my prisoners, by vow. You break that, well bad things will befall. So I guess I'm going to take little miss Angel over behind that tree and give her a good 'interrogating' for a while. You lot sit tight, or Mister Frost'll cut you where it'll make you useless. And when we're done, we'll have a chat about what happens next."

Stocking
    You hammer down the corridors, pushing students out of your way, but it's thirty kilometers from school grounds to the reservation. You'll never make it in time…
    Then you catch a glimpse of the Book Mobile, parked outside the school, and the three oddly fierce librarian looking types with big guns. You could try and take their vehicle, however something that crazy professor said, something about librarians…

Sebastien
    You cut into the leathery sole of his foot, but your blade isn't big enough to do more then irritate him. It did poison him, meaning his body will soon rot away and leave him a prisoner in a ravaged corpse, but you'll be a thin red smear on the ground long before he metabolizes it.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.