New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Panty and Stocking
    Panty starts trying to desperately rip Gir Chuck off of her face, roaring threats and curses, most of them words that are barely understandable in human tongue. Rather, she seems to have some kind of 'ascended cursing' that forms an entire language purely out of swearing.

Stocking, not trying to get a dog off her face and happy to leave her sister to suffer moves forward, trying to slash Katniss in half.

Sebastian
    Sebastian takes advantage of the diversion to dart into the apartment complex, searching for the Wolf and for Ms.Amane.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Maka

As Souske leaves for more weapons Maka pulls a tatical retreat, by jumping out of a window and landing gracefully on the ground. After she does Soul transforms back into his human form in case they run into any teachers. The duo then move quickly as Maka tries to see if she can pick up Rosalie's trail again. If not she would take a lot of pleasure in knocking one Edward Cullen down a peg for making her job harder with Souske's interference

Kidd, Patti, and Liz

Kidd's eyes widen as he sees Kind Boomer go down He hadn't even know what was going on for a moment. Looking down at the wound and examining it carefully he says, Tch, this is not good. Okay Your highness I need you to lie down. Patti get the bottled water from my backpack I need to irrigate the wound. Patti moves to Kidd's backpack and retrieves the water bottle. He then pours the water over the wound to remove the shrapnel and to help remove bacteria from the site.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Touga

There's that feeling again. That annoying tugging on his heart strings. He feels compelled to save this child, but disturbingly, that notion hits Touga before Nunally asks. Her request justifies him somehow, and he grabs the handlebars of her wheelchair. He's glad she's blind; he must look like a damn fool right now. Kiryuu asks, "Of course. Where do you need to go? Is there somewhere you want me to drop you off? Someone that needs to know where you are?"

Alex

The Brittanian grabs Rivalz by the collar, a manic grin on his face. "Now hold on there, Blue John! Don't you see what a perfect opportunity this is? Why make mayhem, when it's come right here to us! Don't worry, boy-o. We'll pop your cartridge cherry some other time. Right now, let's see what all this is! We'll call it your initiation, eh?" With that, grip still firm on Rivalz, Alex begins to move through the crowds, looking for where people are fleeing from.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

4. - Top - End - #604
    Barbarian in the Playground

Maka and Soul

Edward and Rosealie have slipped away in the chaos. Another figure casually approaches you through the crowd. "Hey are two Reapers? I got a blue fire haired prick blocking up my mirror asking for you."

Atticus Murphy Jr. one of the school's guidance counsellors asks rather crossly not all that concerned with the panicked masses of student behind him. "Hurry up then too my office to talk to him."

Kidd and Twins

Screaming in agony the King complies. It's not like he can do much else. "Mikayla still has a healing potion. Our last one from Kinkow."

Panty and Stocking

It's robot dog hands make it next to impossible to break free of. "Your angelic might is no match for my tiny puppy paws of steely death! Hugs!"

Katniss with reflexes honed by two previous years of televised gladiatorial combat against other children of the Areas slides under the blade with ease.

"Some sisters..." she mutters under her breathe.

Before another blow can be struck Souske runs back into the cafeteria looking for his missing bag of weapons.

Sebastian and Misa

The demon makes it upstairs just in time to see Misa throw a bottle of scotch at the wolf monster. Up close now he'll recognize it for what it is, a minor possessive demon summoned up by a more powerful demon as part of a bloodline pact.

The spirit burns into the creature's eyes blinding it. Not much of a comfort since it can still hear and smell much better than a mortal wolf, much less a human. In a literally blind fury it rushes towards Misa no longer minding the burning pain the alcohol inflicts upon it. It knows it is going to die so it sees no reason not to take the mortal along with it.

Souske

It's not that easy to cross the cafeteria right now. Since in between the doors and your bag is Katniss Everdeen (victor of the last seventy-fourth and seventy-fifth Hunger Games and member of the black ops unit that the victors are placed) fighting what looks to be two strippers, one of which is being hugged by a green dog an odd glowing gun in her hand. The other wielding a similarly glowing sword stands over the fellow soldier.

Tim Drake

((I'll PM him))

As you arrive at the school it is in full evacuation. Most of the students are outside in safe zones while the staff remains confused as to where the Principal. There is no sign of either Batgirl.

Smedry and Beast

Dr. Cassabi, the school's other guidance counsellor is leading a group of children out the wide doors as the two of you happen to pass each other in your own goals. "Ah, Smedry, McCoy. Perfect timing, have you heard from the Principal lately? He hasn't been heard from since the staff meeting this morning, with everything else going on it's a little suspect."

Archer

You manage to navigate the garden with a distressing ease. A few gravity defying fruit manage to track you but they prove easy to evade.

A few steps beyond the path and you are in the school's courtyard once again. Now the building has been evacuated once again, looks like some of your playmates have been up to something in your absence.

"I'd best be going then. Take care of Dad for me, try to keep him alive."

Lelouch

"I just had a conversation with some Brittannian kid who says you want me to work with the Bats to set up a cell here in Forks. I was going to shoot him but he said he'd have one of their number show up tonight." Kallen explains.

"You know anything about this?"

Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    His eyes slide about and he feels a slight amount of tension leave him as Touga begins wheeling Nunally to safety. A great weight on his shoulders is lifted, though at the same time he feels shame. He's always been there for her, and now he's failing her for the second time in two days, this time by his own choice.
    "It's as mysterious to me as it is to you. But it is an opportunity too valuable to waste." He tapped his chin. "I suspect the offer is genuine, the crudeness of the trap is too insulting to be anything else. No, if they wanted to trap you, the trap would be better set up and the bait sweeter. I suggest you act as though you suspect nothing and do as he asked. But do not lower your guard under any circumstances." It was a risk, but not much of one. Kallen was tough, she could take care of herself, and anyone trying to infiltrate the organization would try to strike a bit higher up. No, he suspects the offer is genuine, if the methods of delivering it are suspicious. Still, caution, always caution.

Light Yagami
    His attention flickers back to Charlie now that Sebastien is gone as he waits for a reply.

Misa Amani
    Her arsenal of tricks exhausted, Misa screams.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-07-02 at 09:39 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #606

Sebastian
    Sebastian attempts to grab the wolf from behind, trying to yank it by the arm and pull it towards him, diverting it from Ms.Amane.

Now now now, none of that little one. His smile is filled with contempt and mockery.

Panty and Stocking
    Panty attempts to piledrive Gir off her face...by slamming her face into the nearest table.

Stocking, ignorant of any new arrivals, attempts another slash, smaller movements this time, less sloppy. Come on, you're probably worth a dozen coins!
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

Misa
    She lets out a sigh of relief. "Thank god for the cavalry." She mutters, as she scrambles back, then collapses, exhausted by her ordeal.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

8. - Top - End - #608

Lelouch

"They'll probably want the Gawain back but I'll go. Do you want me to call or do a drop with the intel after?" Kallen asks.

((In every universe that Batman and Lelouch coexist that mecha was meant for Bruce.))

Light

"Funny, I didn't think we called you yet." Charlie says. He doesn't seem suspicious though, your story seems alright with him.

"Hang tight then son. We'll have your girlfriend out soon." He says drawing his sidearm and heading up the stairs. That is a really bad idea but telling him that might reveal that you know a little more than you should.

Misa and Sebastian

The wolf is lifted easily up by it's scruff. It snarls and snaps around blindly at Sebastian's wrists.

Touga

"The student council evacuation area. My brother should be there." Nunnally says sounding a little worried.

Alex

Rivalz just wimpers slightly as you drag him into the school towards the caffeteria. Two strippers appear to be ganging up on a Japanese gunman and an unarmed girl. Off in the corner of the room is a large bag of guns, probably belonging to the Eleven boy.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    Katniss was a conceit of the current regime's incompetence more then anything. Certainly practicality had nothing to do with it. Forcing civilians into combat situations was a useless waste of resources that could be far better diverted. And he failed to understand why anyone would want to watch them flail at each other and undergo break-downs due to a lack of even cursory training. Whenever anyone else watched it around him, he usually dozed through it. Nonetheless, on the questionable grounds of success on a reality TV show, she had been inducted into the military black ops, who were nominally his bosses.

Thereby, these strange, shining people were his enemies. With that reasoning out of the way, his next actions are clear. He draws a combat shotgun out of his school bag, and smoothly shoots Stocking in the back of the head from three feet away. Live rounds, he's learned his lesson since yesterday.

Panty had noticed Souske. Of course she had, he was a stark testament to male beauty to rival anyone else, even if he himself had no idea why the girls couldn't take their eyes off him. Stocking, on the other hand, is probably getting really mad.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

This brings Smedry up short. "Ah, no. Not since I and a few other teachers were chewed out for roguish behavior this morning."

He strokes his mustache in thought. "Really, really curious. At this juncture, with so many empowered students and servitors kicked the Lemmings out of each other...some other party, or a kidnapping, perhaps."

He raises his hand. "Mr. Casabi, I volunteer my services as a Private Instigator! I've had training in thief-catching techniques and the principles of reduction!"

So many cultural failures.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Pixie in the Playground

Hansel Brandt
    A tall, thin man with a long thin face walked through the reservation, unnoticed but for the bad feeling that sprouted in mens minds wherever he stepped. He wore sombre garments, and his hair, dead black and straight, clung to his narrow scalp.

He contrived to go where hatred was welcome, but here, in this holding cell for the undesirables who were of no use to the empire, he fairly flowed from resentment to resentment, building them all up into malice and giving them all a target and thus an outlet. And as it grew in their minds, so did he, growing more substantial, until those whom he whispered to felt as though they had memories of someone, or something.

Hansel only frowned.

Archer
    "I wouldn't worry about him. He's a tough old buzzard. Thanks for everything." Archer replied, shaking his hand, then walks back towards the school. Light was proving harder to deal with then he expected. But there was plenty more he could do, once he recharged...

Beast
    "That shouldn't be necessary." Dr McCoy said, a little too hastily, waving off Smedry. "He's barely been missing more then a few hours, if that. No, right now we need to deal with the disturbance in the cafeteria, and ensure the safety of the students."
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

12. - Top - End - #612

Sebastian
    I believe it's time for a little discipline.

He attempts to lift the wolf into the air, and throw him into the wall opposite Ms.Amane. Honestly, it's always the little ones that think they can get away with anything. No understanding of what their kind was; he didn't know how Lucifer managed to stand any of them. Petty, useless, violent- such a waste of time.

Panty and Stocking
    Stocking whirls around, acting like the bullets were made of rubber, or this was some kind of ridiculous cartoon, What the hell! You stupid, ingrate human! She whirls back onto Katniss, attempt to slice her again, leaving the pretty boy to...

Panty is already beside him, 'Chuck' still on her head, So....you and me? There is a grin that utterly baffles Sousuke, Lord of the Oblivious.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

13. - Top - End - #613
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    He pays her no attention whatsoever. Maybe he likes men? Be a tragic waste if it was the case.

Souske had a lot of trouble with social situations. There were no effective partitions in his mind. What he did was wholly a product of his nurture, or lack of it. Some of the combinations were hard to live with. But he could not anticipate them, or block and repress them. Values of decency and propriety had found no purchase, and if they had would be shocked at the associations, appalled at the dreams, and sorry that in the bone area of his skull there were no forts for what he cherished.

Since Stocking wasn't watching him (a poor, poor choice) he ambled over to his bag, and removed a black case, which he opened, and started assembling an anti-tank cannon. Tanks were a dead technology given how outclassed they were by mecha, but anti-armor weaponry still saw a lot of use. His personal preference was nonlethal solutions, hence not having actually killed anyone in his social misunderstandings (so far). But he had no issue whatsoever with killing in a combat situation, which was what he found himself in.

Then he takes careful aim, with his over-sized weapon (how did that even fit in his school bag?), and waits for the archer girl to get out of his shot, so he can blow Stocking away.

Panty, annoyed at her failure to get a response, notes the (presumably non-canon) clothes dissolving biological weapon that he'd received by mistake instead of a more conventional biological weapon, as it slips out of his bag. Far too much power had just been put into hands that are most ill-equipped to make use of it.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

Light Yagami
    He doesn't reply to the sherrif's query, any response would seem insincere. Elementary manipulation. Of course, the sherrif was going in the wrong way, and he didn't want that. If he was going to make use of him, he needed him alive. Misa wasn't in any danger, anymore, at least. He trusted his butler to do his job. So he had best keep Charlie out of the site for as long as possible.
    "If you don't mind me asking, do you think this has anything to do with yesterdays disturbance at Ashford? The report said something about insurgents, perhaps even insurrectionists." Some people had more anger then talent, and dealt with their enemies in a sloppy way. The world would be a better place if everyone knew their limits.

Lelouch
    It's about now he notices Gary. It's easy enough, the grounds are mostly empty, and the two boys have no cover, no means of concealment, and no real way of acting as though they are doing anything except what they are doing. So they stand there, with nothing else to focus on, watching him. His lip curls in distaste. They were both rather awkward, artless, but it was fortunate. Whatever had given him away, (nobody would shadow Lelouch like that, not unless they suspected something, but how much...), well at least they hadn't had an opportunity to act upon it yet.
    He had to remain calm. It was nothing more then a suspicion, that was all. WHo was to say that they weren't simply curious as to why he was sitting alone, next to a chess board, talking calmly on his phone while a siren blared from the school. Still, better safe then sorry.
    But that was hardly going to be an issue. Abruptly and out of nowhere, Lelouch begins speaking Japanese, smoothly and clearly. It was safe enough, in their other capacities Kallen had never heard him speak it, since aristocrats spoke English and Latin, the pretension yet another form of social arm-wrestling for status, and besides, the phone modified his voice.
    "Actually I'll contact you. Safer that way, given we can't trust those you re meeting with not to compromise us. Heian Kyo, Japan Prevails."
    With that he got to his feet, and walked over to them. He was heading away from the garden, away from his sister. He didn't like that. But he didn't have much of a choice.
    "Good afternoon. As a member of the Student Council, I had best escort you to safety. This way please." He's all aristocratic charm and poise, if a tad condescending. Then he makes eye contact and something like a bird in flight takes form in his pupil, and his words become like iron nails hammered into your soul. "Incidentally, you will now and forever completely mentally repress anything you find, hear or any other conjecture that connects Lelouch to Zero." There. That was that problem effortlessly nipped in the bud, regardless of how well founded his suspicions were.
    "Come on. We'll just get the last of the stragglers." He reminds them, now speaking normally, leading them towards the garden.

It's good to be king.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

An excellent plan, if a bit hasty.

One small problem with your stratagem, Lelouch:

Gary's a high functioning Autistic.

HE NEVAH LOOKS PEOPLE IN DA EYES!!!

On a more serious note, he's really not making eye contact with you: he's not even staring you in the face.

It's not a problem that's insurmountable, but you'll need to find a way to get this young guy to meet your gaze.

Gary holds up his hands as he follows you.

"Thanks, thanks...but shouldn't we bet doing something about all the fighting? I mean, the Black Knights help people, right? You're fighting to free Japan and stuff. I'm Gary. I overheard you phone call with your mind. Sorry, I guess I shouldn't have eavesdropped. Was that rude? Dr. Rosen says I need to work on my social skills more."

Hmmm. Interesting. Should you get him to make eye contact, or...

...move him onto the chessboard?

16. - Top - End - #616

Light

"We're investigating it but honestly I can't see any reason for terrorist to be here. I think it's just some kids playing games they really shouldn't be." Charlie sighs turning back for a moment.

"I can't really tell you more than that."

Panty, Stocking, Souske and Alex

Chuck lets go of Panty's face feeling that his gag has been played long enough. Instead he decides to kick Souske in the shins. "Ha! Take that mortal!"

Katniss on the other hand fails to avoid the slash as it cuts across her stomach, revealing a wound of blue blood. Noticing her injury she stops playing around and makes a break for the hallway.

Sebastian

The wolf wimpers as it falls into the wall. It makes no more moves against Misa for the time being.

Archer

As you approach the school you spot in one of the evacuation areas a bespectacled boy and a young girl radiating mana. Another servant and magus and not a pair you remember, something has seriously gone wrong with the time line.

Beast and Smedry

"Just go check his office Smedry. McCoy and I'll take care of these students." Dr. Casabi says as he throws open the doors for the fleeing students.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    (Good catch.)
    He paused, the power of his geas ready to be activated, hovering on the tip of his tongue, as he hears the boy speak, and is a little annoyed that he seems incapable of looking up from the ground. Why force a confrontation if he was so intimidated...
    ... No. He wasn't intimidated at all. This was quite simply the way he was. Nervous beyond belief at social situations, and unable to relate to other people. Some of the tension leaves him. Some, not all.
    Nobody knows his identity. Not his sister, not his most loyal followers, not the girl he suspected he loved, nobody except C.C., and she only knew because she'd been there at his genesis. He'd been careful, he'd taken every precaution available to him, and now this boy had somehow learned it simply by hearing a phonecall through means he didn't understand. It defied belief.
    Sometimes he suspected the universe really did hate him. He stares at him, and his companion, who seems a little more together.
    "You'll have to forgive me, I find myself a little lost. Who is this 'Dr Rosen'?" Lelouch has a good memory for faces. In the same way that Julius Caesar could identify each of his soldiers by name and remember key facts about their lives, Lelouch never forgets a passing acquaintance. He'd recognize Gary if he'd seen him before. "Perhaps you should explain to me what the issue is. You might be right, I may be able to help."

Light Yagami
    "By all means, sir. You know your job best." He says. "Do you mind if I accompany you? I have ambitions to be a consulting detective, and feel that this could be a valuable experience."
    He held up his hands. "Don't worry, I can assure you I'll be unobtrusive. You won't even know I am here."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Pixie in the Playground

Tim Drake
    Quite aware that he looks suspicious and out of place, he leaves his motorbike at the corner (it was so cheap and beaten up that anyone wanting to steal it needed it a lot more then him), takes off his helmet and jacket, then puts on sunglasses and waits. Looking for them was a waste of time. They'd find him.

19. - Top - End - #619

Sebastian
    So, Ms.Amane, how would you like to advance from here? Should I whisk you away before the officer outside, and your beau, arrive? Or perhaps you would like to wait and give an explanation for this? Do you believe yourself a capable liar, with a well spun story? Or shall we leave this a mystery for the ages? Shall Misa Amane remain in the eye of the public, or shall she vanish, a legend gone in the wind?

He is smiling; oh is he smiling. After all, so rarely could he have so much ado about nothing.

Panty and Stocking
    Stocking continues to chase after Katniss, swinging like a madwoman, Get back here demon! I'm gonna plant your head on my desk and eat cake with your knucklebones!

Panty, not being a complete idiot AND being more than a little bored, picks up the anti-clothing gun and walks into Sousuke's shot, waving it, Hey! What's this thing do? What's with the 'no clothing' sign on it? This do what I think it does?
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Misa Amane
    After Sebastien rouses her, she gets her breathing under control. Then she heads back to the drinks cabinet, and has another stiff drink. Finally she feels functional, if not entirely under control. She closes her eyes a moment, then opens them.
    "Misa Misa is going to be traumatized by the situation, and quite distressed. But when she calms down, why she'll be able to identify the perpetrator." She says, her usual gentle bubble of a voice colder then one would imagine it could get.
    "Sebastien is going to take the wolf, and he is going to hide it. And when we have some privacy, he is going to help Misa question it. Now that I know how to hurt it, I'm very interested in what it has to say."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

"Right-o!"

Leavenworth Smedry goes off to check the office...

...after he takes a step into the school's library section, treading carefully and keeping an eye out for traps.

In the main lobby, he puts on his Occulator Lenses, and scans for energy signatures, dimensionally compressed floors, the black stains of Dark Magic, Alivened Sentinels, underground labs...basically anything that would make a Library even more dangerous than it actually is.

Wouldn't do to put his students into an obscene amount of danger, after all.

Then off to the principal's office.

[Will do Gary Bell tommorow. A true response to Britannia's Most Wanted requires an awake mind]

22. - Top - End - #622

Harry

Harry spat out a curse, a real one, not a spell. He whirled around, his wand quickly twisting in a spiral and stabbing forward as he roared, "Effodio!"

A silver arc burst from his wand, piercing into the small mouse that was presumably still dazed from hitting the lockers. Harry continued, his wand arching into wide movements as he continued. "Incendio Gratas," he said, his voice barely higher than a whisper. The runes on his wand burned with a eerie light as fire exploded from the tip of his wand, an enormous amount of silvery flames flying into the anthropomorphic mouse as Harry whirled around again, his green eyes burning with fury as he stared at the Fiendfyre he had conjured, feeling it pushing at the edge of his mind. He let the fire in, only for a second, and then his mind roared in indignation, all the fires of his soul bursting outwards, grasping at the Fiendfyre, and pulling it, despite the cries of indignation the cursed flames emitted. Harry's soul pulled in flame after flame after flame, breaking them into pieces and demanding that the fire submit. He was Harry James Potter, his soul was made of fire. He would not submit to the cursed flames that had destroyed his Servants mind, like all powerful magic did. They would bow to him.

The fire vanished as quickly as it exploded into existence, dying out with barely a single word of protest. Harry grinned, and then turned to Salem, the cursed fire still burning in his eyes. He had not destroyed the fiendfyre, he had merely absorbed it into himself. One of his eyes was burning with a bright silver light, while the other pulsated with all the colors of hell.

"Berserker. You say that I'm a demon often enough, don't you? Aren't you the fool who fell into evil after three, maybe four spells were cast? Honestly, how pathetic are you?"

((Quick Question: What Servants and Masters are currently revealed? I know that there's Harry/Salem, and Shirou/Archer, but who else? I'm totally blanking.))
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-07-12 at 02:33 PM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    The weapon looks like a spray canister, or perhaps a thermos. It feels oddly heavy in your hand. At the bottom is indeed a drawing of clothes with a red cross through them, but far larger is the symbol for 'radioactive'. The whole package feels a little sinister.

"That? It's an experimental biological weapon I was sen by mistake instead of a localized EMP. I honestly have no idea what to do with it." He told Panty carelessly, while getting her sister in his sights. Panty wasn't the one he had to deal with, afterall, she wasn't attacking government operatives. And if he answers her, maybe she'll shut up and let him concentrate. "And yes, it's intended to dissolve fibers. I cannot say I can imagine much tactical use for it."

With that he pulls the trigger, firing an 88mm bullet coated in teflon right between her shoulderblades. If this doesn't work, he swears he will give up on guns and blow this decade's Mithril allowance on an hypervelocity missile.

Tim Drake
    He thinks for a moment. Given there was an emergency going on, he probably just had to go find the trouble to find the girls, which should be easy enough. He's the right age to be a student, and can blend in fairly well. He heads inside, looking for girls dressed as bats, the least ridiculous thing to be seen.
    Last edited by Corvond; 2012-07-12 at 06:34 PM.

24. - Top - End - #624

Harry Potter

The alarm sounds and weakened by the fiendfyre, Mickey decides it is best to retreat. He smashes open an air vent and makes his way inside.

Within seconds a crowd of panicked fleeing students fill the halls pushing you towards an exit.

((Alex Russo of Wizards of Waverly Place/King Mickey is the only other participant in the grail war. The rest Sensei Negima and the rest of the canon Fate/Stay cast were killed by Hansel mostly off screen. Nico Minoru of Runaways may show up soon as a member of the Black Knights though)).

Crazy Cafeteria

As soon as Katniss makes it to the crowd of fleeing students she seemingly vanishes into thin air.

This means that the Angels lost their 'demon' but also that Souske need not feel obligated to keep distracting them either.

Maka, Soul, Kidd and Twins and Tim Drake

The hallway outside the cafeteria is a lot more quiet now. Which makes it a lot easier to treat King Boomer's wound.

Of course this is also when the shinigami see Mikila running in with her machetes drawn and a young boy not in school uniform coming a little too calmly down the hall.

Smedry

Much of the library is rather mundane. No secret passages, no hidden traps, nothing. There is a locked door that says "No unauthorized passage beyond this point" but that is a little too obvious.

Batgirls

The alarm has sounded again, time to choose whether to investigate it or to help evacuate.

Misa, Sebastian and Light

"There will be precious little detective work up there but alright." Charlie says surprisingly laid back for a Sheriff. He makes his way upstairs and kicks in what remains of the door to Misa's apartment.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Pixie in the Playground

Hansel Brandt
    "A theory propounded by the savants of this world purports that every niche in the social structure, no matter how constricted, finds someone to fill it, suited by ability or inclination, by desperation or by temperament." The Cunning Man said, through the lips of a 'Society and Culture' teacher he'd been using to carry out his murders. Everyone had their resentments and hates, and for Mr Garrison, it was being part of class struggle. He was an intellectual from the deep south who'd been spared serfdom in the mines by his hard-working siblings and managed to crawl his way up to Middle-class, where he found himself taking a job parting his hard-won knowledge on to ungrateful brats, none of whom would never know what it is to work for opportunity.

And so Hansel had taken him as his own. Now he wore him and used his brain to think with, putting his hate into rational terms, or as rational as could be expected. "However, as in any system, there exist aberrations. Those who, through inability or circumstance, find themselves driven to the fringes, unable to survive within the wider machine that is human co-operation. And these people are dangerous, not for anything they do, but simply because they exist."

"Humanity is a social animal, interdependent with it's fellows. Indeed, it is this as much as anything that has allowed Homo Sapiens to flourish and thrive, unlike so many lesser species. And just as ancient cultures would proscribe a sacrifice to the heavens for the prosperity of the collective at the expense of the individual, so do modern cultures make a sacrifice of those who..."

At this point, the alarm rang, and startled, Hansel vanished, leaving Mr Garrison blinking and trying to complete a train of thought that had never been his to start with.

Shirou
    The alarm rings, and Shirou is relieved. A situation of climbing tension is resolved. "Well, lets go find the girl. If we don't ask her, we'll never know if it was just a misunderstanding, or whether she wants me dead for some reason and we need to do something about it." He says, forcing his voice to a reasnoble tone.

"Did you see which way she went?"

Archer
    His lamentable weakness aside, for once it played to his advantage. It would take the closest scrutiny to tell him apart from the average man on the street, what with all his carefully hoarded power squandered and stolen. He could watch this bespeckled boy with the lightning bolt scar (some memory of his life signaled for attention and was ignored) as much as he wanted with little chance of observation, now that Smedry had provided him an excuse to be here.

Of course, the boy should really learn to reign in his destructive impulses. If he didn't, the Magi Association would make an example of him. Carelessness was really the only sin a graduated mage could perform.

Beast
    "Well, for my part I intend to go investigate the cause of the disturbance. If you'll excuse me?" That said, he heads to the cafeteria, stripping off his jacket and shirt as he does, muscles moving dangerously across his chest and shoulders. He was biologically human, but his mutation had changed his essential nature. He had different instincts from anyone else. And one, about territory, came to the fore now. Something savage and vicious, and difficult to control. Beast was roused, and tired of having his schedule interrupted by shoot-outs. This time, there would be a satisfactory resolution, one way or the other.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

26. - Top - End - #626

Sebastian
    Sebastian removes the wolf without comment, taking it into the nearest forest to begin getting it ready for Ms. Amane's....tender mercies. Oh, this would be a good show- despite her...position, he had not yet seen her attempt to force information out of something. In all likelyhood, it would fall to him to succeed, but she did order him to let her attempt it first.

Panty and Stocking
    Stocking is sent hurtling head over heels into the nearest wall, creating a rather massive imprint...okay, the bullet was strong, but anyone with even a passing understanding of reality knows that it would not result in that.

Panty, non-plussed, begins spraying Sousuke with the anti-clothing weapon, on the basis of 'why not.'
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

Misa and Light
    Misa appears distraught. Her make-up is a mess, her clothes are disheveled, and her breathing is erratic. She's also, clearly, been drinking heavily. However, any blind man could spot the evidence. Scratches all over the door, as something big (bigger then any dog) and savage tried to force it's way in, before vanishing. Light smiles. Perfect.
    It's a shame Light didn't smoke (indeed, he had no real habits, his body was his temple), because a man should really have a pipe at this moment, and possibly a silly hat as well.
    "Ah, my dear sir, I can tell you nothing about what occurred except three things. First, the animal that tried to get in was not alone, and was in fact domesticated, or at least sufficiently tamed. This is obvious, given the fact that the doors downstairs are undamaged and the only way to get up here is to use the lift. So it logically follows that someone let it in and brought it here. Two, the animal is too large to be a wolf, and a bear would not fit in the lift. So we should assume a big cat, or similar predator. One should be fairly easy to track. And finally, Misa Amane was probably not the target." He said, in a passable impression of Sherlock Holmes. Detectoring is like gambling: The secret is to know the winner in advance.
    "This has none of the behavioral patterns common with a celebrity stalking. No earlier attempts to contact the victim, no previous period of observation, no attempts to get her attention. So we can conclude that the motive is something else. Remember, this is far from a well-thought out attack, though the advantage of an animal is that it would tend to disturb evidence. I doubt the motive is political, Misa is far too non-confrontational in both her professional and personal life for either side to see much benefit in targeting her, and nobody would dream of attempting a robbery with such overt lethal force. Murder is a capital offense, even against a non-brittanian citizen, stealing a few trinkets is not. So why else? It's such a senseless crime."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-07-14 at 07:07 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    The canister slides open, with a hiss of pressurized air. Within it, a couple of thousand microscopic spores slide out into the world, and begin their deadly purpose. Breaking down fibers, synthetic or otherwise, then spreading. In short? Dissolving clothing. At first, nothing happens, but in moments, the virus will spread, and anybody and everybody in the school will find their clothing disintegrating. Suddenly the panic and chaos are going to be even more pronounced.

Raven Roth
    Raven had come and gotten herself enrolled without telling Robin. Who was nominally her boss, and had been pretty clear that he didn't want her to leave District 4, the area formerly known as California. Unfortunately, that wasn't the way things turned out.

Robin ran a group that was as much a safehouse as a vigilante headquarters. Most of them could not, for one reason or another, survive without the elaborate shelter he provided, whether because they'd been adopted by a noble who would be hanged on seventeen counts of grand Treason (Roy Harper), or had extra-terrestrial origin that made you government property (princess Koriand'r), or anything else, they were a unique group. And if you found him (or, more likely, he found you), Tim Drake would look after you, give you a change of identity and a new place to live. And if you wanted to fight back, well then welcome to the family.

It wasn't the only one of such groups.

Raven was here because the 5th Holy Grail war to be fought in America was about to begin, and she'd woken to find the mark on her hand, signifying her to be a master And that was that, yet another thing in her life she had no say or control over. If she didn't enter, then the power would burn her out from the inside, and the papers would have another case of spontaneous combustion to report. So here she was, attempting a summoning she hadn't even examined theoretically before now.

See: An almost empty room with a circle inscribed over the floor. See: A girl with light grayish palour, violet-blue eyes, and shoulder-length violet-blue, bobcut-styled hair, with a chakra in the center of her forehead stares down at it, dressed in a long, hooded cloak and a leotard. See: how nervous she appears to be, taken well out of her comfort zone to work magic she knows better then to try.

Then the incantation is over, there is a discharge of power, and a tall, dark haired man in a white robe was kneeling in the middle of the circle. His features were long and thoughtful, his eyes kind, and his expression serene, even stoic. Here was a man whom nothing would frighten, who would never lose his calm, or control of the situation, who would rarely even show concern. His fingers were long and clever, his hair long and dark and virile, tied back in an intricate top-knot, and his bearing was humble and deferential, yet at the same time proud. He served, and gladly, but because he chose to. All this comes in a flash, and then his eyes open, clear and blue as the sky, and young, though he himself is not old. It was an unnervingly keen and probing gaze, and she felt herself shrink a little before it.

She stood there, trying not to feel awkward, as he remained calm and at ease, his blue eyes resting lightly upon her as though she were the curiosity, the faintest of smiles creasing his face. There was a strange quality to that smile, one she couldn't quite catch. After an interminable silence, he cleared his throat softly, endeavoring to give the impression that this was something he did only rarely, and with greatest solemnity.

"I ask of you, are you my master?" He asked formerly, inclining his head in a highly traditional display of respect.

"That's correct."

"And Might I ask what year this is?" The man's voice, as you would expect, was calm and measured, now that it had lost it's by-rote quality, instantly relaxing to anyone who heard it. 'All will be well', the voice seemed to tell listeners. 'Do not be concerned'. This was the voice of someone who could take charge and solve any problem. "I confess, it has been quite a long time between summonings, and I find myself somewhat out of place. Even in this room, I see much that is unfamiliar, and I would appreciate a point of reference."

Raven swallowed, then met his eyes with her own. Her usual distant, sarcastic personality has deserted her, she was surprised enough that the summoning had worked. "It's 2012, and you are in America. In Forks, which is a small town in the state of Washington. Who are you?"

He chuckled softly. "How forward your people are. Refreshing, I suppose, though courtesy is a virtue often lamentably ignored. I'm afraid the names and number mean nothing at all to me, even the calendar has changed since I last was summoned, which has often proved inauspicious for the world." He fanned himself once, thoughtfully.

"But regardless, you asked for my identity. A rather personal question, that one, but I shall do my best to answer. My name is Zhuge Liang, called Kongming, once prime minister of the nation of Shu Han. I was a sage, politician, strategist, occasional philosopher, and observer of every detail of the world around me. Now, I am an elemental spirit of humanity, bound in a cycle with no end in sight." He lowered his eyes and bowed his head, then lifted his hands politely. Zhuge Liang had always set great store by manners, and she was, in name at least, his master. "Now may I ask, if you do not mind, who you are?"

"I am Raven." She replies, trying to figure out who that is. Unfortunately, she lacks the general knowledge of Earth (being raised in the city of Azarath within the free kingdoms) to be able to be sure. She'll have to ask someone else unobtrusively.

"Then your humble servant pays deference to his lady. If I might say, you are a rarity, in that despite your clear ability and talent, you are at your core insecure. It is rare indeed for any like you to exist, few reach your level of power without confidence and arrogance aplenty, and thus, few ever summon me. Afterall, one is provided with the servants they deserve." He gave a small, secret smile. "Most think that victory is a matter of power, and those who support them reflect this. My appearance says that you already have the power to triumph over adversity, you just need the advice, and application." He lowers his head, bowing again. "If your servant might be of some small service in that regard, it would be my pleasure to give you what aid I can."

"Thank you?" She replies, a little taken aback as people meeting Kongming tend to be.

"Think nothing of it. But of course, we each get a wish upon victory. Which is why servants fight so hard, each of us is something of an egoist, as heroes tend to be. Those without ambition do not seek such responsibilities. And on the occasion that we die unfulfilled, as much as the imaginations of and memories of humanity, it is our own stubbornness that keeps us from passing on. And of course, with it the temptation of the wish, to put right what went wrong." He finally stood up, brushing dust off his white robe. "A man wiser then me said 'know yourself, know your enemy, and you shall never lose a battle'. Personally, I intend to wish for another Lord the equal of Xaunde, whom I might dedicate my talents to, and complete my promise. If I might be so bold, what is it that you seek?"

Raven blinked. She'd only just accepted the idea she'd have to fight the Grail War, she'd had no time to give thought to the idea she might win. "I... I didn't even want to fight."

"Well, no matter. Circumstance cares not for the plans of those it ensnares. One must simply make the best of circumstance." he sighed. "To that end, I believe it is time I familiarized myself with the modern world. I shall need to know everything."
    Last edited by Corvond; 2012-07-14 at 06:48 AM.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by darkblade View Post
    Maka and Soul

Edward and Rosealie have slipped away in the chaos. Another figure casually approaches you through the crowd. "Hey are two Reapers? I got a blue fire haired prick blocking up my mirror asking for you."

Atticus Murphy Jr. one of the school's guidance counsellors asks rather crossly not all that concerned with the panicked masses of student behind him. "Hurry up then too my office to talk to him."

Maka and Soul

Maka looks at him with a bit of shock. As far as she knew Hades perfered not to interact with mortals, leaving that to his brother/sister Death. Knowing that whatever he called for must be important she follows him. Think to at least make sure that it was indeed Hades before completly dismissing it.

Kidd, Patti, Liz

Kidd looks up as he sees Mikala and says, "Ah good, I was about to send Liz to go get you. Boomer has been wounded. That maniac Souske shot a fire extinguisher and the high speed debris hit him."

He then leans in closer to her so others won't hear as he says, "Boomer said that you have a healing potion. If that is so please get it. I'm irrigating the wound to clean it and hopefully dislodge the debris."

30. - Top - End - #630

Harry

Harry trots outside with a grin on his lips and a whistle in his heart. "You know Berserker," he says as he twirls his wand idly in his hand, watching with fascination as bits of flame hiss and spit from the tip, "I think I forgot how positively wonderful life is in the midst of everything that happened." He smiles at her, one of his eyes still burning with all the lights of the Fiendfyre, his other pulsating with an eerie silver glow.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.