New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Leavenworth Smedry

"I'm sorry." Leavenworth replies seriously.

For the moment, he elects to not mention how his Talent has been temporarily disabled.

"Ah Mrs. Stocking. Quite good of you to join us."

He doffs his jacket and settles it around her shoulders like a gentleman. It's made of some form of flexible glass, and the pockets are bigger on the inside, containing certain things.

He then focuses on the lady of the lake. And the severe level of magical mutilation.

"Oh Viviene." He says with quiet dismay. "What have those bastards done to you?"

Gary Bell

"...Is he a nice guy?"

Hey, is it too much to hope for?

2. - Top - End - #722
    Pixie in the Playground

(Take 2)

Leavenworth Smedry

"I'm sorry." Leavenworth replies seriously.

For the moment, he elects to not mention how his Talent has been temporarily disabled.

"Ah Mrs. Stocking. Quite good of you to join us."

He doffs his jacket and settles it around her shoulders like a gentleman. It's made of some form of flexible glass, and the pockets are bigger on the inside, containing certain things.

He then focuses on the lady of the lake. And the severe level of magical mutilation.

"Oh Viviene." He says with quiet dismay. "What have those bastards done to you?"

Gary Bell

"...Is he a nice guy?"

Hey, is it too much to hope for?

3. - Top - End - #723
    Bugbear in the Playground

Panty
    She coughs up water before rolling over on her side, It's Panty! Stocking's the larda**.

She slowly starts to focus on the lady, her eyes blinking rapidly as she reads the runes. It's been a long time since she last saw them. It's....odd. For the briefest moment, her eyes start to tear up at the carved flesh.

It's been so long since she's seen them. Seen anything to remind her of who she was. Before being sent down, she hadn't counted days. Barely known what days were, in the face of eternity. But now, she felt every second. Every second meant something, time meant something. She'd wake up and have to focus on remembering what she was. Remember she wasn't human. She'd never needed to before, but Earth was....was something else. Different.

She wanted to ask where the women had gotten those runes. She wanted to know who she was, why she had them, who Valetine was- it was Angelic, it mattered.

The f*** happened to you?

Stocking
    She briefly looks at herself in the mirror. She was effectively nude, just undergarments and her stockings. She looked like her tramp of a sister. Or maybe Corset's trampy underlings. Either way, it wasn't how she'd like to be presented.

She looks at the book for a moment. She'd fallen. She really had- oh, her wings still shown white and she could still wield an angel's blades...but that was this foul book's magic and a coin's clever lie. She was fallen in her heart. She grabs it, keeping it close as if she needed it, as if Michael or Uriel would appear if she let it go. Normally, what she was didn't hit so hard...but, deep in her wings, she felt something stirring. Her disguise...wouldn't hold if an Archangel saw her. Not even with the book. But they wouldn't ever come to her. Right?

She needed to get to Atticus and Corset.

Sebastian
    Sebastian sits down, acting scared. Guns. Mortal toys- impressive ones, he was happy to admit. He liked mortals, and continued to be amused by what they cooked up. But ordinary handguns were no more threatening to him than was ash or dust.

Ahhhh, yes, but I haven't been here long. You see, my daughter is missing, and I thought Mr.Black might know her location.

He clams himself up here, attempting to look uncomfortable- not greatly so, as if he was afraid for 'his daughter' but not overly concerned. Just a runaway, no great danger.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Barbarian in the Playground

Panty, Beast and Smedry

"Valentine bound me. They were afraid I'd take back the Sword or bring more Fae here to challenge him and his new regime." The Lady sighs.

"What brings you here twenty years too late? With a child of the atom and Seraphim in tow?"

Stocking

You enter the office and find Atticuss already in conference with Corset through his mirror. He turns to see and is visibly disappointed that you found yourself some clothes.

Corset nods towards the Guidance Counselor. "Tell her what you told me."

"Of course master." Atticuss says with a little mocking bow. "Your job is now to capture the girl named Bella Swan. I don't know much about her but I do know that she is some kind of anti-magic weapon that has Death spooked. Yes, Death as in the very concept of the end of life. It is worried about her. We can't let something like that slip away from our grasp."

Sebastian

"Well you are out of luck then." The man in the Wheelchair says.

Gary

"Well actually he is a good man. That's why he's getting sent to be a hall monitor on steroids instead of leading a campaign in the Middle East." Dr. Rosen admits.

"That said despite is morality he plays things a lot more dangerously than we usually do. If you don't feel comfortable with anything he wants you to do call me. I can get you out."

Shirou, Harry, Touma and Kidd

As Harry approaches the scene of the now over riot he sees the other two magi arguing.

"Fine. No more games. If you can still use my wand then you still got enough magic to keep your Servant in line. You'll be up to full strength in a day or two. I'll give you until then but then my brothers are getting their magic back."
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

5. - Top - End - #725
    Pixie in the Playground

Raven
    She hesitates, then withdraws, after gauging the approximate location of the dangerous mind. She can't risk something like that. She opens her mouth, then closes it. Then she weaves her soul into a shadowy fabric, making her hard to discern. The light rippled away from her, as though it were reluctant to come any closer.

Hey, it was better than walking around naked.

"There's someone you have to meet." She tells Zhuge Liang, then goes looking for Tim Drake. They were a team, and in the past she'd got into a lot of trouble trying to deal with things herself.

Tim Drake
    Well, awkward was better than hating him. They had a thing, and it had been nice, but the two of them hadn't been overly compatible, so that was history. And yet, even six months later here they were barely able to string together a sentence around each other. He's about as lost at where to go as Cass, not that he says as much.

"Thanks. It means a lot." He says, then pauses. "Anyway, I need you to meet a girl named Kallen. As either Spoiler or Batgirl. And I need you to pretend not to know me."

Souske
    He stands up and salutes Charlie smartly, his heels clicking together as he does. "Excellent, local law enforcement. I report all present and correct, sir, and the source has been contained and has worn off. Shouldn't have any further effect." It's not that he doesn't remember last night. He does. It's just that he fails to see that he did anything wrong, or even questionable.
    Last edited by Corvond; 2012-09-02 at 11:22 PM.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

Light Yagami
    "Consider it a compliment. You find your own people so dull and tedious, lacking in purpose and excitement." He looks down at his watch. Then he takes out his Death Note, and scrawls something in japanese. It's long, and detailed, and he needs to pause and think a few times. Finally, he's satisfied, and tears off a strip at the bottom of the page. It's long enough for exactly one entry. He closes the book before anyone has a chance to guess what he wrote. Then he nods to Ryuk.
    "I was going to wait until night, but giving him time to think is only going to hurt me. Go find Death, and tell him that Kira will see him now. And watch as the drama comes to a sudden, and abrupt end."
    Then he does something curious. He removes his cellphone, and takes a picture of the entry he just made, then he saves it as the background. Then he walks calmly towards the school drama room, the place he intended to have this confrontation. Just get it out of the way. A bright and glorious future awaited him, and he didn't want to waste any more time.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-09-04 at 05:55 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

"Oh." Gary says. "That's a relief."

He lowers the phone for a moment. "It's alright, guys. It's good military people, no psycho murdering military people!"

He raises the phone again. "I'll be careful. I'll get out if things are getting too bad as well. And Dr. Rosen..."

He considers telling him about Lelouch and how he's a member of the Black Knights.

But then he hesistates. And for once, decides to keep his secrets close to his chest.

And then he realizes that due to the Geas, he couldn't tell Dr. Rosen anyway. Which is a relief of sorts.

"Say hi to Mom for me."

Leavenworth Smedry

"Well, a portal leading from here to a academy within the Hushlands. An academy that I think is meant to suck in extremely dangerous individuals to be used as weapons...or to keep others using them. And his name's not child of the atom: it's Dr. McCoy: lovely fellow, learned in practically every subject, very good at climbing trees too..."

His voice trails off. "But that's not what you wanted to know. You wanted to know why I haven't come back before now."

He opens his mouth to spout out the justifications running through his head: how everyone's distaste at the kingdom of Idris's corruption had led them to almost gladly write off it's loss to the Librarians. How the strength of Valentine's defenses and wards, and the constant pressure of the advancing Librarian army had prevented any resources from truly being brought to bear on Idris's liberation. How there were so many crises and situations and nations that hadn't yet fallen that had needed to be saved, and how he still had tried to infiltrate Idris from time to time, but he–

"I failed." He wound up saying. He hung his head. "Ravening Robinsons: I didn't try enough, and before this point, every time I tried, I failed."

He crossed his arms and stared at the water.

"I arrived late, it seems." He finally said, the words dripping from his mouth with the lead-heavy taste of bitterness

And on that dreary note...

"So then!" He says suddenly, clasping his hands together with glee. "How do these runes work? I'd wager that since you aren't attacking us or blowing the whistle for some tin-plated soldiers, he hasn't completely bound you! And twenty years! So much catching up to do!"

From his vest tuxedo pocket, he whips out a small three ring booklet and opens it up, a jacob's ladder of laminated connected photographs spilling out.

"These are my new grandkids!" He exults, a proud grin on his face.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2012-09-05 at 07:09 PM.

8. - Top - End - #728

Harry

He claps as he approaches, his grin widening with his steps. "My, my, my... What do we have here? Not one, but two Masters? Standing around without a care in the world?" His shoes stop smartly, and Harry twirls his wand in his hand. His eyes run over the sword, cutting right through the illusion the boy had superimposed over it; albeit a very realistic illusion, one that could cut and dance with you as well as any normal blade.

"Twelve, Alder, Moondust. Pretty. Useful for rapid casting, but very, very sloppy. Isn't used to being focused."

He looks at the girl, and his eyes burn, white and orange looming in them like an evertwisting inferno. "What was that? You stole his magic? For your brothers? And that's quite alright, because he's nobility? Because he can afford it?" His mouth twists into a snarl as he spat out that last word, letting it fall from his lips like liquid onto a hot surface, steam and rage emanating from every pore in his body. "How... common."

Harry's wand twirls again, and the runes pulsate rapidly, as a stench of smoke arose from nothingness. A careless grin overcomes his face, and he runs his free hand through his hair as his eyes stared at the girl, who moans of such simple things. The loss of magic by the Council, it was natural for those who were not nobility. He had known that, and his very presence was sheer, undeniable power. He danced through magic, embraced and loved it.

"Magic is your soul, you wandless whore. Take away a mage's magic and you have just extracted his soul from its case, and you do this for familial love? Would you like to know something?"

He stands right in front of her, and leans in. "Magic is irreplaceable. Your brothers are the dead, they just don't know it yet. They lost that unique force inside of them that made them them,and you think... you somehow, inconceivably think, that you can merely replace that with any old magic you find lying around? Magic belonging to another?" Suddenly, his eyes widen in mock surprise, and he quickly walks backwards, looking at everyone in the room. Red hair and black hair and brown hair all stare back at him, and he felt a slight pang of memory. No, not now. Not ever again.

"Oh! My mistake, allow me to introduce myself! Although..." he paused, brushing his hair aside, allowing a flash of the storm on his head to appear. "You may already know of me. But please, bear with me."

He starts to pace, a soft chuckle falling from his lips. "Harry. It's a stupid, nasty, common name that I've never particularly been fond of, but it is my first name. It is what most know me by." He grins, and its a wicked, evil grin, as he turns to face them again, the wand in his hand spinning faster and faster. "My last name is Potter. Still common, and a filthy, vile name, but it seems to be the one that I was burdened with. Harry Potter."

And his eyes burn with the fires of a thousand hells as he stares at the girl who was so unfortunate to join the Holy Grail War. "You may also know me as The Boy Who Lived."

Shiki

Shiki stared at the girl in the wheelchair, before giving her a soft smile, his glasses slightly tilting on his face. He turns to Gary, shrugging carelessly. "I just arrived. I don't really know any of the people in this school... Lelouch, do you have anyone you'd like to rescue, aside from your sister, of course?"

Touma

Touma didn't speak, he was busy dealing with a more... internal conflict.

MURDER. KILLER. DESTROYER OF LIVES.

No! That's not what I am at all!

MAGIC. DESTROY. BREAK. SHATTER.

I can't... I can't just do that! It's wrong!

SURVIVAL OVER MAGIC. EAT.

W-w-what?!?

MAGIC EATER

It was not even a voice, merely a set of impulses that he felt for no reason, and he strangely felt inclined to agree with them, despite the misery they seemed to carry with their every suggestion.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "Everyone." He says it quietly, but with such sincerity it almost knocks you over. He's being as honest as he can about his intentions, with his innocent of a sister so close by. Then again, since she can sense falsehood he's a lot more honest then he'd be anywhere else. "I am a noble, without property or wealth or even recognition, and my life has been hard. When I was ten my mother was kidnapped, my father expended no effort to save her, and simply left her to be killed, and he left me and my sister at ground zero of Japan's subsequent invasion. I spent the next two months hauling bodies for the occupiers to keep us both alive, until I was able to contact some old family friends." He looked at the boy. "If I could, I'd save everyone. But I do the best with the gifts I have. What about you?"
    He looked at Shiki, still pushing his sister along before him, now wrapped in a rug to give her some modesty. "What would you do?"
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-09-05 at 08:15 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Pixie in the Playground

Shirou
    He pauses for a moment, overwhelmed. Who could blame him, Harry certainly knows how to make an entrance. "Actually I just wanted to be a hero." He says in a small voice, that nobody takes notice of. And who could blame them, after seeing the presentation that is Harry Potter it's hard enough to remember why you're even here. Of course, this is why the families really should make an effort to supervise these battles. There's still a confused group of students who were previously trying to lynch them now trying to figure out what's going on.

Harry, harry, that name sounds familiar. Something about... He thinks for a moment, then his face lights up as he remembers the answer. "I know you. You're the guy who killed the brittish would-be-dictator when he was a baby, because of a faulty curse or something. The one who had the Magic Association all worried. Heinrich Kremmlar's third disciple, wasn't he?" He paused. "What are you doing here?"

Groundskeeper Willie
    The groundskeeper was a well-built, solid man from the Orkney isles, who'd come to the colonies when the government had offered free land to brittanian settlers. Better then trying to make a living back hom, aye? Unfortnuately, that had proved nto to be the case, he'd lost it all, and now scraped by keeping the school area tidy and neat, which he was good at.

Not that he liked the work, and infact he was usually drunk. He hated the students who looked down on him, the teachers who thought they were better then him, the whole stinkin' lot of them. And so Hansel took him for his own. FOr a moment, he thought he saw a man reflected standing behind him on the side of his shiny red tractor, then he blinked and saw the world through new eyes.

Beast
    Finaly something he can answer. Dr Henry McCoy steps forward and inclines his head politely. "Madame, we are simply explorers, who seek answers to the mysteries that beset us. We wish to know who built the portal into your home and for what reason, and I for myself wish to be told if there is any way to end your inprisonment, which I see is cruel and unjust."

Archer
    A man with white hair is watching Shiki and Lelouch, despite being the better of a kilometer away. He's too far away to hear a word, but it doesn't matter. His eyes can see them with perfect clarity, he could count the hairs on their head if he wanted, and he reads lips as easily as he'd hear words. Lelouch isn't as bad as the other one, if he did, he'd kill him now with a sword, and that would be that. But he can't bring himself to, and that's a concern. If he can't even kill one boy, hpw's he going to change a thing? He's old, and tired, and still dumb enough to think he can have it both ways, thinks he can pass on with a clear concience.

Damn it all. Perhaps he should focus on Light. He just wishes he could find the boy.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2012-09-05 at 08:56 PM.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

11. - Top - End - #731

Harry, Touma and Shirou

"This isn't the EU Harry. No one gives a damn about Voldermort out here." Alex chuckles. Despite her words the fearful expression in her eyes shows just how worried she is. It's hard to say just what she knows but it's certainly something.

"Anyways it's not Shriou's mana that will return my brother's power. It's the Grail."

Kidd

As the Magi argue you see a bald man standing behind you eating an Apple. "Hey Kidd. I know it doesn't look like it but it's Ryuuk. Light wants to see you now, so you can take your shot at his Egg."

Hansel

((We're just going to run through the Fox animated line up here?))

Willie is a good choice. A position that allows you to be close to the remaining Magi but with no authority that no one would suspect anything until it's too late.

Down the field you see a pair of similar beings talking. They are not from the Dreaming like yourself, no they work for Dream's sister. Death, not surprising one would be here all things considered but two Grim Reapers is quite suspect.

Panty, Smedry and Beast

"That must be where they are using Project Ugly Duckling then. Poor girl, her Mother would be heart broken to see what Valentine has done to his daughter." The Lady says musing over what Smedry and Beast said.

Then she sees the photo album which she quickly snatches away. "I love Grandchildren. Any of them in need of a Godmother?"

Gary

"Is something wrong Gary?" Dr. Rosen asks. He can hear you hesitate, slightly more than normally.

Archer

As you watch you see an arrow fly towards your head. It just misses landing in the wall beside. Wrapped around the shaft is a note.

"Come to the roof. I need a word."

Lelouch and Shinki

Nunnally looks up in shock as Lelouch reveals his story to Shinki. "You never told anyone that big brother?"

Raven and Tim

Without much effort Raven can find Tim and the Batgirls.

"Spoiler. Someone had to take Batgirl back after she got out of the chair. Leaving a large computer nerd shaped hole in the command structure too." Steph complains crossing her arms, she's still mad at Babs.

Cass sees Raven approaching and quietly comes up behind her. "Hello."

Souske

Charlie doesn't even wait for Souske to start talking before he bends down and sweeps the young soldier's leg. Far better training than you'd suspect from a local Sherif. "You are under arrest."

12. - Top - End - #732
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kidd, Liz, Patti

With a small flourish Kidd releases Liz and Patti into the air, both sisters transforming back into their regular human forms...and still naked at that. However As they are not the only ones it is at least a little less embarrassing for them. He turns slightly to Ryuk as he says, "Very well then, where is he? Also Ryuk," he lets a small smile come across his face as he continues, "I don't suppose you could tell me what he up to?"

Meanwhile Liz and Patti remembering what Kidd's plan was decide to try help straighten things out with the magi. Liz steps forward as she says, "So what is it that has your undies in a twist Harry was it? If you had been listening properly instead of trying to make a flashy entrance she said that he would regain his powers in one to two days."

Patti nods her head rapidly as she says, "Yeah your just being a big meanie who uses big words!"

Maka, Soul

Maka had been trying to locate Kidd for a little while now. After all it shouldn't be too hard to find him considering that he had a Soul about the size of a house. She finally found him with a gaggle of other souls of considerable size. However if her eyes didn't deceive her...was that another shinigami?!

Soul looked towards his partner as he says, "Hm? Maka what's wrong? Did you find Kidd?" Maka shakes herself out of her stupor before she responds.

"Huh? Oh yeah he's up ahead and Soul try not to offend anyone. There is another shinigami soul with him along with a small group of souls that appear to belong to magi. Who knows what's going on."
    With that the duo speeds up slightly to link up with Kidd. And to tell him about how they now have too protect Bella.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "No. I never have." He replies, stroking her hair. "I never dared. But I've hidden long enough. Fear has made it a necessity for both of us to hide our faces and cloak our actions. But what sort of way is that to live?" Nunally can't see, but he's looking directly at Shiki, and his tone almost challenging. "If I don't stop running, I'll never stop. I'll spend my entire life in hiding, which is not really living at all."
    Then he stroked her hair again, and closes his eyes. She's precious to him beyond anything, not just because she's his sister, but more for the way she sees the world, the way she gives hope to all she touches. He'd die for her in a heart-beat. And he needs to be Zero because Zero can protect her, where Lelouch can only put her in the line of fire.
    Shiki had forced his hand. He'd have to be honest with him, and be glad that he could never tell anyone else what he learned.

Light Yagami
    He sits back in the dark room and waits for the meeting. Every few minutes, he compulsively checks his watch. It's a gamble, but one he's rigged as best he can. "No weapons. No companions. Just him and me, man to man." He says, and his eyes light up. If he were honest with himself, which he so rarely is, he enjoys this beyond belief, risking it all, the world he's built and the rest of his life on nothing but his wits.
    He'll miss it, when he's killed everyone who can challenge him.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-09-06 at 04:20 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #734

Harry

Harry turns, giving the duo a cursory glance. "Weapon. Guns. Ex-criminals. Interesting job occupation you have there, and I know quite a bit more about souls then you could ever dream."

He taps his forehead, a wide grin spreading on his face. "A certain Dark Lord, as our heroic friend," he paused for a moment, his eyes sparkling with... something, as he looked at the redheaded boy, "said, the third disciple of Heinrich Kremmlar, was in there. A piece of him. A piece of his soul. Mine, of course, assimilated and absorbed it - it overpowered it with purity and strength. His darkness was no match for my fire." He turns away from them, his wand turning and twisting in his fingers. He speaks as he looks towards the doorway, his tone mocking and cruel. "Oh? It's 'alright', because his soul will grow back? Tell me then, Weapons, what happens if you're scratched in your form? It tarnishes your body. It can be cleaned, restored, but you will always, always know that it was there. That is what she has done; she has torn away the essence of life for her family. Her defense is love, and her punishment is decided by the Council. After the War, naturally."

His head turns, and he winks at them. "After all, I'm only licensed to kill evil."

Shiki

Shiki's eyes are a storm, whirling and breaking and neverending as Lelouch talks.

"...Heh. You think I care about any of that?"

He smiles, and almost looks normal for a moment, like he was just an average boy, instead of that dreadfully serious and scar-covered young man that was there seconds ago.

"You did it for her. You did everything for her. That's why I'll help you, even though you 'persuaded' me in a way that I don't really like. It's because you give a damn; and that's what really matters."

15. - Top - End - #735
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kidd, Liz, Patti

Liz and Patti seem a little surprised by harry's vehemence as he states his words. Kidd seems to chuckle a little as he says to the surprise of Liz and Patti, "I highly doubt that, however you are correct in that magic can be connected to the soul. However if they are fighting a war, can you complain about how she chooses to fight it? You do not seem to be a end all be all authority. Plus your analogy is horribly off. A persons soul is damaged many time in their lifetime. grief, extreme hatred, trauma, and various other things as well cause some damage to the soul.

What you are referring to is life. A soul regenerates just as you heal from a cut. Now could you please not view the memories of my partners without thier permission next time,it makes me rather upset. Also will you stop acting so theatrically? It's unslightly. Not to mention that unsymetrical mess that you call hair almost makes me physically ill."
    With those last words Kidd covers his mouth looking a little green around the gills.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-09-06 at 03:08 PM.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    "That was a spectacular shot." Archer says, now standing on the roof where the note had said to be, without needing to cross the intervening distance. He folds his arms, simply because he needs to do something with them, and summoning a sword would set the wrong impression. "Have you considered a more modern bow? They store power better."

Always seem confident and in control, especially when you aren't either.

Shirou
    "So what are you going to wish for, Harry?"

17. - Top - End - #737
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

Gary hesitates again. "I'm worried." He says quietly. "But I'll be careful, and think through my actions, and watch for intonations to see if people are being sarcastic or not."

He pauses. "I won't get hurt. Bye Dr. Rosen. Love you." He finishes absentmindedly as he hangs up.

He turns and notices Lelouch's confession to Shiki. Particularly the bit about his blind sister.

He thinks of a person he knew once, who was similarly cut off from the world.

He walks over to Lelouch and Nunally's location.

"Hi. I'm Gary. I'm someone that Lelouch just met, and he doesn't trust me very much because I'm not very good at social integration, and tend to blurt out things. But I want to help you and him, because I once had a person that I cared a lot about, who died because I made a mistake. So I want to help you guys out so you don't die. So that maybe I won't have to scream for 10 seconds every morning in order to express my grief. And because I think you two are good people."

He hesistates. Because he's running a statistical news archive search for young nobles who lost their mother's at the age of ten in the Brittanian Royal Genealogy archives. And because he's trying to figure out if he was being too rude and forward.

"Is that alright?" He finally says.

18. - Top - End - #738

Harry

Harry whistles as he moves, his eyes looking at Kidd before widening in surprise. "Hm? What's this - Oh, you. You beautiful, beautiful being. God, I can use you." His eyes dart over Kidd, focusing on the lines in his hair for several seconds, and he runs a hand through his hair. "My hair's genetic, what's your excuse? And I'm sorry if I act theatrical when someone messes with... what were the words again..." He bites his lip, tapping his foot while his wand spins. "...'The essence of life itself, unbound and free?' I strangely have a problem with that sort of thing." His eyes burn with fire, white and red flickering behind a wall of impassable green, as his wand twirls over and over in his hand.

"But besides that, I never knew a position like yours meant you know more about souls then the person who hunted for soul pieces at the tender age of fourteen, and killed their owner at the age of fifteen!" He winks at the redhead, stage whispering to him, saying, "Voldemort didn't really like the whole 'killed by a baby' thing. Had a bit of a grudge, kept coming back 'till my fifth year. Bit of a bother."

He pauses, turning back to Kidd as his eyes glittering in mirth. "Come to think of it, I didn't know that comprehending magic was in your job description at all! Considering how you have none of your own and all."

He spins towards Kidd, his eyes filled with a storm of fire, the flames licking at the wall of green that burned through Kidd, like it was piercing into his soul. "Now, this is a War, you white lined brat. There are no choices. You either participate or you die. You're not part of this world, so leave." He twists towards the redhead, and winks. "Not you; you remind me a bit of... well... me! I like that sort of thing. It's refreshing."

Suddenly, Harry is ignoring Kidd entirely, looking directly at the redhead as a grin slowly spreads across his face. "...How about an alliance between you and me? You know more about this sort of magic then I; and all I really want is the Grail."

Harry extends his hand, his eyes stormy as the sea. "You see... I'd sort of like to be a hero."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-09-07 at 12:25 AM.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kidd

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Harry

Harry whistles as he moves, his eyes looking at Kidd before widening in surprise. "Hm? What's this - Oh, you. You beautiful, beautiful being. God, I can use you." His eyes dart over Kidd, focusing on the lines in his hair for several seconds, and he runs a hand through his hair. "My hair's genetic, what's your excuse?"
    At those words comical tears leak from Kidd's eyes and he falls to his knees bent over with his fist pounding the ground. "Your right! I'm garbage, asymmetrical garbage!"

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    "And I'm sorry if I act theatrical when someone messes with... what were the words again..." He bites his lip, tapping his foot while his wand spins. "...'The essence of life itself, unbound and free?' I strangely have a problem with that sort of thing." His eyes burn with fire, white and red flickering behind a wall of impassable green, as his wand twirls over and over in his hand.

"But besides that, I never knew a position like yours meant you know more about souls then the person who hunted for soul pieces at the tender age of fourteen, and killed their owner at the age of fifteen!" He winks at the redhead, stage whispering to him, saying, "Voldemort didn't really like the whole 'killed by a baby' thing. Had a bit of a grudge, kept coming back 'till my fifth year. Bit of a bother."

He pauses, turning back to Kidd as his eyes glittering in mirth. "Come to think of it, I didn't know that comprehending magic was in your job description at all! Considering how you have none of your own and all."

He spins towards Kidd, his eyes filled with a storm of fire, the flames licking at the wall of green that burned through Kidd, like it was piercing into his soul. "Now, this is a War, you white lined brat. There are no choices. You either participate or you die. You're-
    Kidd then pops up his fit ended as he interrupts with, "Kay, gonna have to stop you right there. If this is war you participate or you die, and you have a problem with people messing with the essence of life, why do you care at all? After all your just snuffing it out as opposed to messing with it, and that is so much better? And yes, I do know quite a bit more about souls than you considering how it runs in the family and I am much older than I look. A fisherman may know how a fish moves and how to catch one. However a marine biologist knows what even the tiniest organs functions is. This is the difference between us. Now if you stop being a dismissive and arrogant twit we could have kept the conversation civil, your unbalencedness aside.

Plus if you really knew what I was and believed the words you were saying of course I would know about magic considering my job is to know souls. Also stop trying the whole passive aggresive bit it really is ruined by that baby face of yours. Maybe if you grew a mustache? P.S Stay out of my mind, your lucky I know your type and therefore blocked most of it off. Go in again and it will be unpleasant."

Liz had her jaw wide open as she watched the calm ditrabate between the two dark haired boys. Patti was just clapping in joy at the good show.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Pixie in the Playground

Kongming
    There's something... off, about Raven's new aide. He's calm and composed, always seeming on the edge of a smile, and aware. So very, very aware, it's as though he's always giving his full and undivided attention to every tiny detail around him, all at once. Not focused, if anything quite the opposite. Always distracted to the extent that he was aware of everything around him at all times. Enlightened, was probably the best word, although that wasn't quite it either.

"You would be master Drake, I presume. It is an honor to meet a hero of your standing." He says with total respect, inclining his head. "Perhaps once we have taken care of the more pressing matters, I might be of some small assistance to you."

Raven
    "That's Kongming. He was a strategist many years ago, now he's working for me." She says, in her usual dry monotone. She nods to Cass. The two had an understanding.

"I think I've discovered something to interest you all. Not sure exactly what it is, but it's some sort of magic construct being tortured. I think it's dangerous."

Souske
    He doesn't move until Charlie lays a hand on him, at which point he spills him off, and moves his jacket aside to reveal his stripes on his shoulder. In the colonies, His Excellencies constabulary and military fell under the same essential purpose, and for that reason he had some clout to fall back on.

"I am a sergeant major, sergeant, and if you lay hands on me again, you will be put you on a charge." he says, low and dangerous. "Then introduced to my regimental commissar for a debriefing. This is a matter of some importance, and I will not have you disrupting my mission. If you have concerns, feel free to write up a report. Otherwise, get out of my way."

Tim Drake
    "Cass, if you wouldn't mind?" he says, before looking at Zhuge Liang. "Thank you for the offer. When I'm not in a hurry, I'll be more then happy to listen to what you have to say."

21. - Top - End - #741

Harry

Harry drops his hand away from the redhead, turning slowly with a wide, mad grin on his face. His eyes roar at the brat with the white lines, and that fine, fine green shines with a tinge of annoyance. The fires have dimmed in them, but they glint with a vicious light, and his words eminate scorn and derision. "Stealing magic itself is far, far different from allowing it back into the endless stream of life. Magic is a river of souls, it ebbs and flows, and gives more to others and less to some. Stealing it is self-destructive; it breaks the flow of the river. If you don't know that - you are of no use to me."

His finishing line is cold and calm, filled with a loathsome venom that drips from his words like the arc of an arrow. The grin turns careless as he looks at the boy who claimed to be oh so intelligent, and continues.

"Tell you what brat. Even if you're older than you look, you can do nothing, nothing to me if you don't know what I am talking about. Would you like to? Oh, no, let me inform you"

Harry vanishes with a pop, reappearing right next to the well-dressed boy, his jacket dropping gently down onto his shoulders once more. He leans in close, his lips almost brushing the boy's ear has he whispers, his voice almost lost to the silent wind. "Fifteen inches, made of elder. Thestral tail core. Do you know it? If you do, then may god rest your damned soul, for its very essence is self-destructive, an endless death of hopelessness and depravity. I pity the ones who want it, and I damn myself with it. Remember it."

He disapparates away from the white-lined kid, reappearing near the doorway. "Oh, and you can't keep me out. Frankly, I doubt anyone could keep me out. Your walls mean nothing - nothing to me. All because of one, simplistic title, and three terrifying words. And if you ever discover it..."

He looks at the boy, and there is a haunted look this time, filled with warning and danger. "Don't say it. Never say it. Misery and despair accompany that title; and it stalks my every step," he says with a shrug, and then the mad, mad grin returns, and his eyes glitter with mirth. "You could ask someone higher up about it sometime, see their reaction to those words I told you. And then you get the absolute pleasure of knowing what you walked away from."

22. - Top - End - #742
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kidd

He snorts as he slightly loses that veneer of calm that he usually has. "If she really stole it like you said. The magic should have gone too her soul as she has nothing to store it with. She does not have it as her soul has not foreign entities within it. Had she really stole his magic like she says, there would be signs of it in her soul. Besides I happen to know that river very well."

As far as Harry knew Kidd was talking about just the magic. As he was of English decent it was very unlikely that he knew about the Sanzu River of Japanese Mythology. It turns out that it was far less Mythological than most people knew. One day it would be his job to watch over that river.

"As far as I can tell you that rivers flow has not been broken. Meaning that his abilites has most likely been dispelled only temporarily inaccessible. He still has the magic but he can't tap into it."

Using his soul perception to look over Shirou's soul. He nods to himself as he says, "Yes, nothing as dramatic as you were making it seem. I'm sure that it sucks no doubt, but the river is unbroken. Now are you done or would you like to keep up your annoying posturing."

'Honsetly,' he thought to himself, 'the boy wonder here saves the world once and acts like he knows it all. The impudence of some humans astounds me.'

23. - Top - End - #743

Harry

Harry laughs at the boy's speech, laughs long and laughs hard. "No. Stop it. You're killing me with your ignorance. Magic is in your soul yes, it is an essential part of you. But it comes from life itself. Magic is a Gift, and your every word, every filthy lie you masquerade as the truth, it goes against all that magic stands for. Your attempts to make magic fit into your limited viewpoint, your blatant hypocrisy as you ignore both my words and my titles; they aggravate me."

His wand twirls.

"You are a normal being, even with all your power, interfering in magic. Oh, and your thoughts are even more amusing - I don't 'know it all', but I do know a damn lot about soul magic, as well as the nature of magic itself. My mentor was rather good at teaching me that sort of thing. But you... you know nothing. I don't give a damn who you think you are, or if you believe me to be wrong - but I most definitely care that you continue to interfere!"

He turns away. "This is not a battle you can win. The items I hold - the power they command, that is why you cannot win. I only hope you are not a signor of the Accords, as dealing with the fallout from your death would be... tedious. Unnecessary. Unwanted, like yourself in this conversation. You know nothing of magic, you only know of death and bits and pieces of souls. If I must, I won't hesitate to invoke my rights. Being here, even your knowledge of the War, is an atrocity. You are no mage, you know no mage, you have no magic, you are nothing to the Grail. You ask why we fight for it - we fight for a wish. You ask again - and my answer is death. That is what befalls those who ignore the Grail's generous 'request'."

His eyes burn like the fires of hell themselves as he looks at the boy again, and his coat flutters in an unseen wind, and the boy is reminded of something deadly, something that he had only seen in memories and stories - Death himself, in all of his terrible glory and noble power.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kidd

However Harry had been hearing Kidd's thoughts he does not hear the previous ones as he gets a violent headache from trying to do so. Whether it be active or passive. Kidd also chuckles as he says, "I happen to know a bit more than just about death and bits of souls. I interfere with magic quite often. I actually do know a magic user for your information. Also if you'll recall I never asked why you fight for it. I never even thought it. That was you and you assumptions. I know why you fight for it. However since you so wish it I will leave. But first,"

He walks over to Alex as he bends down to make sure that her injuries aren't too serious. "Are you alright? By the looks of it most of those people were aiming for you.

Liz and Patti move to stand next to Kidd just in case. After all, they had never seen Kidd act that irritable around someone before. Not even Black Star.

As for Kidd? He wasn't impresssed. As for reminding him of Death himself? Pfft, unless he suddenly sprouted amatory glands, ovaries, and gained a goth style fashion he was far off from looking like his mother. At least she was his mother right now. Who knows when she might choose to be his father again. Maybe when Thanos wasn't around....He did not like that man. He saw no point in symmetry, SYMMETRY!
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-09-08 at 12:41 AM.

25. - Top - End - #745

Harry

Harry nods, rather cheerfully in fact. He seems pleased that the idiot is finally leaving, as dealing with the mentally incompetent has never been a fun activity that he enjoys. He looks back at the redhead, and his grin grows and grows.

"So, Servants. Let's talk about them!" His head jerks towards the girl on the ground, and his eyes burn for a second before a pleased veil flows over them and he says, "Yes that includes you girl. I'd like to know if that damned mouse was yours; bastard had me summoning fyre far too quickly to be a natural, and he could fight with her and have no troubles - isn't that right Berserker?"

He calls to his Servant, and she will respond. While she has never liked magic, Harry is... fascinating. An enigmatic mystery that cannot be unraveled, able to do incredible things and argue with her at the drop of a hat. It was... nice.

26. - Top - End - #746

Kidd

Ryuk watches the conversation with a smirk. If this boy really had all three Hallows things might be far more interesting than he thought. "Light is waiting in the drama room, he wants to see you alone. Not that I care though, bring the twins if you want."

Shriou and Harry

Salem joins the crowd non to happy. "So you found others? Which on works with the rat?"

Alex shakes her head. "You talk a big game for someone who can't even recognize one of the greatest Kings. Saber!"

Mickey also appears seemingly out of nowhere. "Alex what did I tell you about staying away from the other Magi. He-He!"

He has a slight nervous giggle as he looks upon Harry and Salem.

Raven and Robin

"Come on Cass. We're good enough to help Tim with the Black Knights but not to be part of his little Titan club." Steph mutters as she pulls her companion away.

Sosuke

Charlie puts away the handcuffs. "So I can't arrest you then but that doesn't mean you can get away with what you're doing. I don't give a rat's rear end about whatever your mission is, if I find you bothering Bella again you'll be dead rank or no rank."

With that he stomps away into the school.

Gary, Shinki and Lelouch

Nunally giggles a little at Gary. "You're funny but nice. I like your new friends Lelouch."

Archer

Katniss Everdean, Hunger Games victor and Britannian assassin stands there. "Funny, I just had an argument about them this morning. I'm a hunter not a sniper, holding the shot that long for a little more power just won't cut it if your target knows you are there."

She also was a member of Archery club with your past self.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    He remembers her. Vaguely. Which worries him, he can't decide if she's important or not.

"You just have to find the right one." He replies, and with a gesture his holding a long, composite bow made of some sort of plastic. Unless that's steel, which would be ridiculous. Nobody's that strong. Then she looks closer, and realizes that, at least, it looks like a bow, but it's nearly six foot long, drawing it would almost rip your arm off even if it's not made of steel. It's far too wide, and the curve is wrong.

"May I help you?" He asks, hoping if she talks enough he'll remember a bit more about her.

Shirou
    And Archer is nowhere to be seen at all. Not good. He backs away, trying to get out of the line of fire.

28. - Top - End - #748

Harry

Harry's smile vanishes, his face grows cold. "Oy, kid, you want to be a hero?" He asks.

It's a simple question. But all the fire, all the emotion vanishes from his gaze as he slowly turns to face the girl and the mouse, and he shakes in barely concealed rage. "If you want to learn how to become a hero... then watch."

The wand in his hand is no longer spinning, his right hand is steady as it holds eleven inches of pulsating runes. His left hand flicks itself, and out slides his Wand, which had no need of runes to channel his fire. It was proven in combat, and bathed in blood; fire meant nothing, nothing to this Wand.

"I drove back the King of Keys once, what stops me from doing it again? Even his resistance can't stand up to fyre. I have two hands and hundreds of spells, Miss Thief, and you have no wand and no way to cast. Berserker can rip you to pieces, and there are others here who were trying to stop you. And if you resemble your Servant in any way, then I can just threaten your family - my name has enough weight to have them dragged before the Council."

He chuckles, and the Wand that needs no runes twitches in his hand, as he levels it at the girl. "It's funny really - mad for the mad, chivalry for the chivalrous, and I suspect there's a hero for the heroic. This War is different - almost like our Servants are just extensions of ourselves, wouldn't you agree?"

His eyes are like two pieces of green ice, stabbing into hers with all their might. All it takes is a pull, and there it is - her name. Not her Name; even he wouldn't do anything that cruel and vile. That would lower him to Tom's level, and all he wanted was to make Tom's death mean something. Damning himself to the level of the dead was unnecessary.

Even if he could talk to them anytime he wanted. The middle finger on his right hand twitches, the ring on it aching to be on the left, to be closer to the Wand. But he would never allow it, what was inset in the ring instead of a gemstone was evil enough as it is. He would not succumb to the lure of the Mastery, he would not break.

"Miss Russo, do you wish to duel me? I should warn you - my training surpasses yours. If this begins, I will end it. Berserker and I are alike in a single, simple way - we both hate you, even if it is for different reasons. I hate your bloody average story, your whiny nature, and your thievery. She hates you for existing."

He snickers, and the wands in his hands crackle with energy. "Then again, she hates me for existing too. Pity that, I rather like her."

29. - Top - End - #749

Sebastian
    Ah. And you said he was killed by Kira? I'm deeply sorry for your loss. And I hate to ask anything of you, but did you happen to see her over before Mr.Black was killed? She might have seemed a bit odd, if that helps.

Stocking
    Something that holds back Death? Useful. Any idea where she is? And just what is guarding her? Every time she turned around, a new monster had risen up in this insane school. Honestly, a field that could hold off Death would explain why everything was gravitating here.

Panty
    Panty ruffles her hair, as something largely unknown to her spoke out: a sense of wrong. Now, truthfully, to mortals, Panty utterly lacked any sense of right and wrong. She was an Angel; by her nature, one wing must be forever seeped in blood. But...a human had used Angelic Script to bind The Lady. That...that was wrong. Not just morally, it was a crime against the Order of Things.

Okay, what is Valetine, and will he die if I shoot him?
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "He's certainly honest." Lelouch said, a little confused. He was reasonably sure they'd ditched Gary, but he kept popping up. He certainly wouldn't have opened up quite so much if he'd known the technopath was still following them. But what is done is done.
    He takes Nunally to the hotel, and books her a room. He's currently loaded, thanks to a few games of chess against aristocrats who should know better, so he makes sure she'll be comfortable, dresses himself in one of the robes they provide to tenants, and then makes his way back to school. It's the furthest he's been from her in six years, but she'll be far safer there.
    "Shiki? I want you to go meet a girl named Kallen Kōzuki. Tell her your a black knight, and that I sent you. There's currently a young man attempting to infiltrate our organization using her, I'd appreciate it if you could uncover his identity." He gave a small, self-conscious smile. "You certainly found mine easily enough."
    Then he looked at Gary. "Can I trust you?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.