New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Sosuke

As you sit outside in the corner of your eye you spot someone moving up by the roof. The figure is moving with an unusual amount of speed and grace as it makes it's way to the window of Bella's room.

Lelouch

Shirley looks as though she has something to say but stops herself as you reveal you suspicions about the man in red. The story she puts together isn't quite the truth but it's close enough for her not to be mad at you. "I don't know. I didn't see anything but he kind of matches the description Light gave."

Shirou and the Batgirls

Down the hall of the apartment Steph's computer (Tim built it for you before you went out west on this mission. The best collection of computer parts conceivably owned by a law abiding student with a wealthy backer could posses) starts to beep with the signal notifying her that Bruce is calling.

Beast and Smedry

Zim is even less responsive than before. With his PAK gone he'll die within seconds.

Gary

Dr. Rosen doesn't say anything but is audibly pushed away from the receiver by Nina. "Who was it Gary? How was she looking at you?"

Stocking

"I'm just a Guardian Angel. I've got a first year supposed to be looking out for, keep him on the straight path. I don't know anything about your Seraph business." Porter explained.

"I just wanted to make sure none of his friends are working for down below."
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

2. - Top - End - #272
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

"She was staring at me with her eyes, Nina." Gary patiently explains.

Duh.

Leavenworth Smedry

[The Beast and Smedry are going to have so much fun together]

As the Beast began laying into Smedry and his recklessness, Leavenworth frowned as he regards Zim's state.

It's worsening.

"Damn." He mutters.

Before the Beast turns around to enlist Smedry's help, the old tuxedo wearing gentleman has taken off, running to his classroom right across the hall.

Bursting into his classroom, he overturns the table full of books, and rips off the taped bundle of cloth from underneath....

Meanwhile, Zim gargles as his organs begin to finally shut down. The Beast frantically pulls out his tools...

Suddenly, Zim draws in a gasping breath, and the alien equivalent of color begins to return to his cheeks.

Smedry strolls in through the , wearing a pair of Lenses with a Green-Purple Tint.

"...Right then! Surgery!"

He strips off his jacket and rolls up his sleeves. He passes McCoy the tray and begins scrubbing himself down, all the while maintaining eye contact with Zim's body.

Against all odds, Zim's body is clinging to stability.

"Quickly, Professor! No time to lose, you know!" Smedry says urgently as he tries his best to assist Professor McCoy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Leavenworth Smedry is using a pair of Bestowers Lenses to share his health with Zim.

...He's quite spry for an old man, but in a little bit, this is going to start taking a toll on him.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Pixie in the Playground

Beast
    If he was the sort of doctor who panicked under pressure, he'd be unable to deal with the sort of crap he routinely goes through. He took Zim's worsening condition calmly, continuing to make incisions and peeling open his chest. What he finds is not encouraging. Not at all.

The fact is, he's saving the Irken's life to be sent to a secure facility where the dissection can continue. He hasn't pondered the moral implications of that, but for a brief moment he considers letting the alien die, and walking away. Then he sighs, pulls on rubber gloves, and begins threading tubes into the alien's second heart, to manually remove the toxins flooding it's blood, the infection running rampant throughout it's flesh.

His experience wasn't much use, since the alien's biology would react differently to drugs. Penicillin would be useless, as would normal means of killing infections. He couldn't even use pain-killers, though the Irken was in no shape to feel pain anyway, which was a small mercy. Replacing the organs would be impossible, his best bet was simply try and cover for them, improvise a few machines to do the jobs they should be doing.

So he begins reworking a few machines while using a bellows to pump air into the Irkens bloodstream and systematicly jolting his systems, trying to get them to restart. It was a very hard task, but one he knew he could complete if he was careful. By the end, Zim's on life support, a mess of tubes and lights and copper wires, with duct-tape holding it all in place, Zim's body lost somewhere beneath it all. But he's alive, and stable, if stable in critical condition. And that's all you could expect of him.

Beast sighs, then cracks his back. Surgery took three hours, and he had to reinvent almost every aspect of it in the process. But Zim was going to live as long as his superiors wanted him alive. And that was what was important.

Then he turned to Smedry. "You can take them off now." He hands him a can of soft-drink. You wonder briefly why he has one in his office, he definitely doesn't seem the type, then remember that for all his strange possessions, he's a teacher, and this is High School. "Drink it. Recharge your electrolytes, then eat a good, hearty meal with lots of protein, then sleep. Take a day off tomorrow, and take it easy. Your body needs to reorder itself a little. And if you ever do anything as reckless as this again that harms any of my students, I will gut you with my bare hands." He spreads a shovel sized hand for emphasis, then takes out his phone and calls Abdigail Brand. It looked like she was going to have to take the Irken into custody after all.

He can't say he'll be sorry to see the back of the little green bastard.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2012-01-21 at 10:06 PM.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkblade View Post
    Shirou and the Batgirls

Down the hall of the apartment Steph's computer (Tim built it for you before you went out west on this mission. The best collection of computer parts conceivably owned by a law abiding student with a wealthy backer could posses) starts to beep with the signal notifying her that Bruce is calling.
    Batgirls

The My Little Pony (80s version) theme begins to ring from Steph's computer, and Steph and Cass abandon the kitchen in favor of the relevant room.

Cass punches a key, out of memorization rather than knowledge. Had Tim not installed a QWERTY keyboard (which Steph had had to argue with him to do), she'd have been wrong.

"Hello."
    "Hello."
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #275
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

With a slightly shaking hand, Smedry downs the drink with gusto, taking off the pair of Bestowers Lenses and stowing them with trembling alien bloodstained fingers in his breast pocket.

He stares at the back of the bottlecap and frowns.

"You Are Not a Winner?" He says with confusion, cocking an eyebrow. "How can drinking Soda not make you a winner?"

Some blood trickles down from his left nostril.

"Is this a Librarian scheme to make people feel more insecure so that they'll purchase more energy drinks–"

His eyes roll back and he collapses.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Kidd, Maka, Ect.

Both parties gather outside the dorms as a meeting place. Deciding to speak first Maka says, "I ran into one of the Kishin Egg soul containers today. Dr. Charlise Cullen. He is much more knowledgeable than I expected him to be about us. Also there is something going on that revolves around that girl, Bella Swan I think her name was?"

Soul just scoffs as he says, "Yeah, that mousy girl. Not really sure what the big deal is but she is definitely odd considering Maka couldn't see her soul."

Liz perks up as she says, "Man you guys need to get on the ball. We already took out one of the Kishin Souls, Emmette. All brawn and no brains that one. Didn't suspect a thing until Kidd had me pointed at his face. It was touch and go when he almost broke through our shield, but he went down hard when the Thompson sisters whooped him." Patti laughs out loud as she says, "Yeah, that big guy didn't stand a chance."

Kidd meanwhile looks contemplative upon hearing that Bella had no soul. Perhaps they should...? Kidd nods as he says, "Maka, the fact that the girl you spoke of is troubling. I think we should speak to my father." Maka nods as she takes out a hand held mirror. She breaths onto it to fog it up and starts writing numbers on it. "42-42-564 whenever you want to knock on Death's Door." The mirror starts shimmering for a minute as they try to contact Kidd's father Lord Death.

(Do you want to control Lord Death Darkblade or should I?)
    There is a ringing sound for a minute before the mirror stops shimmering signaling that Lord Death was not available at the moment. Seeing this Maka says, "Hmm, I guess it is a bit late. Anyway, me and Soul will stay up today so that if anything happens with the Kishin Egg souls we can be on it quick." Kidd, Patti, and Liz all nod in agreement with Maka's suggestion. Kidd speaks up to say, "I will be sleeping in the male dorm near Light. Got lucky on that one. I can use the Soul Perception technique to keep an eye on his and make sure that nothing happens for tonight."

With that plan in mind for the night the young Weapon Meisters retire for the night and implement their game plan.

7. - Top - End - #277

Maka, Soul, Kidd and the Twins

The mirror shimmers for a second, a brief image of a purple snake man comes across it but vanishes just as quickly. As you turn to leave though the mirror beeps again and the image of a blue skinned man in a black toga appears. "How's my favourite Nephew? Your Dad was called in by the Big Boss to help clean up a mess her boyfriend made in Equestria so he put me in charge of his Shingami. What's going on Kidd?"

It's your Uncle Hades.

Batgirls and Shirou

Bruce sits in his cave glaring at you through the computer moniter. "What happened? You haven't even been there a day and the school is all over the news."

Shirou might notice the girls are gone once the food is safely in the oven.

Gary

"That's-uh forget it. Who was she?" Nina is pretty frustrated by the sound of it.

Beast and Smedry

Zim doesn't seem to be recovering despite your best efforts. Alice has now mostly recovered and stands up beside Beast. "This wasn't Smedry's fault. The Irken attacked him."

Dynamite

"I have an idea for that. Someone has drawn several members from several magical factions here. This school is a trap for people like those men and myself." Charlise explains.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kidd, Maka, Soul, and the twins

Maka and Soul look at Kid with raised eyebrows at how Hades changed gender pronouns throughout his speech. Kid looks at them with a deadpan look as he says "What? My Father is the representation of Death. You know that thing that spans across the infinite dimensions? My father has to do his job across all of those dimensions. He takes various forms in each of these dimensions. In one of them he is a she and has a boyfriend named Thano or something. Never met him myself. Anyway, Uncle Hades we found this girl here, Bella I believe her name was. Thing was that when we looked at her she had no soul what so ever. We were wondering if my father would know why that is." Maka and Soul are still trying to wrap their head around Kidd's explanation.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Batgirls

Steph decides to leave the Bat-explanation to Cass. Bruce probably still holds a grudge against her for slapping him. And for starting the War Games. And for...well...a whole lot of other things. Including tormenting his little demon-in-10-year-old clothing son.

Besides. Cass has actual information.

"School is a trap. Large proportion metahuman. Demons. Angels. Servant. Trained government agent. Alien. Need data on Bella Swan."

Her eyes harden.

"Child soldier."

For very clear and obvious reasons, Cass isn't happy with the concept. At all.

"Identities compromised some. Alice Cullen knows us and You connected. Not Batgirls."

Batman is properly paranoid, and Cass is as well, at least in the short term. Shirou can't hear them through the soundproofing, and the door is locked.

"So, what do you want us to do, Boss-man?"

She really should have just stuck out another year in college. But with Babs back as Batgirl, and the chance to actually team up with Cass-her very best friend in the world-she really couldn't say no. Things between the former Oracle and the former Spoiler-Robin-possibly Batgirl were...interesting. Ahem.
    Last edited by industrious; 2012-01-25 at 12:14 AM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

10. - Top - End - #280
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

"Her name was Cassie. That was what her friends Stephanie said on her Facebook account." Gary replies.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Pixie in the Playground

Beast
    Beast rolls his eyes. Oh please. Self-righteous young adults, who saw the world in such a simple way it was a small miracle they ever grew up. Spare him. "Which gives him the right to just do whatever the hell he wants and claim it as self-defense. Beast says, voice heave with condescension. "The fact that the alien is a moron, and could be outsmarted by any ten year old without having to get violent, well that doesn't matter, because it's self-defense." He fiddles with a few cables. He just needs to get the alien to stabilize before it goes completely brain-dead. Not functional, just alive. Surely that can't be too hard? He grabs a piece of paper and starts scribbling formuli, trying to figure out composition and work out what he should be feeding in.

"Indeed, it's always justifiable, solving a problem with violence if they get violent first. Don't hand over whatever they want, don't just go along with their demands, no, wait to be 'provoked', maim them, then claim it's there fault and go on your merry way." He walks back to the soon to be corpse. Decomposition has set in. Not Rigor Mortis, the things still alive, for an admittedly loose definition of the word, but it's body is reverting to organic sludge. For everything he fixes, six things go wrong.

He continues at it anyway, the Irkens insides squelching beneath his fingers as he tries to rearrange the pump within. "Indeed, you forfeit all sense of responsibility, all basic human decency, all moral imperative to preserve life, and get to go to town on them. Isn't that right?" He's not just insulting now, he's actually a bit contemptuous. "Do try and listen next Social Science Period. You could do with it, and just because you get better results without trying then the rest of your class does not excuse you from wasting valuable opportunities to learn, which apparently you need. Now I don't mean to be rude, but this is not as easy as it looks, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't distract me. Better yet, get out of here."

Shirou
    He sets the table, arranging everything neatly, plates, glasses, bottles of water, cutlery, he even improvises a sheet as a tablecloth, places the food out, then sits down and waits. And waits. He glances up at the clock, then waits another five minutes. Maybe they were both getting changed, he thinks, as they both fail to appear. Then he realizes they already had, neither of them were in the bathroom, and in fact he couldn't hear either of them, and some instinct makes him tense up. For a moment he freezes, then he starts walking around, looking for some sign of where they vanished to.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2012-01-25 at 08:19 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

Suddenly, Zim's vitals stabilize again: all the conditions that were causing them to fail are still in place...but the process of breakdown is for some reason being arrested.

Leavenworth climbs back up, Bestower's Lenses back on his face, face pale as if he's been going through a patch of illness.

"There's no need to defend me, Alice." Smedry replies in a soft voice, bracing himself on the edge of the operating table.

"I was horribly mistaken. I attempted to disarm Zim with a stuff-eater grenade. They're supposed to only vaporize non-organic material. But I wasn't truly looking. I didn't notice the mechanical components..."

Leavenworth trembles for a moment and clenches his teeth.

"Professor McCoy." He gasps. "Can you prepare Mr. Zim to be moved? I've an idea. Not the best idea, but pretty good."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Pixie in the Playground

Beast
    He pauses for a moment, considering, then shakes his head. "If we try, he'll die. These machines are all that are keeping him going. Well, them and the life-force you are generously providing to give me more time. Which I want you to stop doing right now. You've given more then is healthy, I told you to stop for a reason. Reckless behavior has it's place, but this is not it. He's beyond the point of being moved. All we can do is keep working, and pray for a miracle."

He takes his gloved hands out of Zim with a small squelch, considering the matter while his hands absently continued their work. "We don't have enough external systems to compensate for his failing motor functions. Increasingly, non-vital systems are being shut down completely so that I can keep his hearts and lungs running. It's only a matter of time before I lose everything except those, and by then it's utterly pointless. Even now, he's effectively legally dead, the best I can expect to achieve is a permenant vegetative state. Perhaps I can keep him running, but that's about all, by this point." He pauses. "If we try and move him, he'll be dead permanently before we've unhooked the wires."
    Last edited by Draxx; 2012-01-26 at 09:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284

Beast and Smedry

"This is insane. If he had half a chance he would have killed all of us and wore our skins as part of his lame disguise." Alice sighs and walks off.

Batgirls

"It's worse. I have reason to suspect the Black Knights have a presence there as well." Bruce explains. Despite having very similar goals (and fashion sense) the Bat Clan did not approve of the methods of the far more violent Black Knights and their mysterious leader Zero. "They have a pilot on the reserve at least. If as many parties have responded to the signal as you're saying no doubt they put an agent in the school."

Shirou

You can't make out the full conversation through the closed door just that they are talking to a man with a mid-western noble Britannian accent who is voicing strong opposition to the Black Knights who may be in the school.

Gary

Dr. Rosen chimes in again to ask "Cassandra Wayne?"

Shinigami Kids

"Okay it's not my place to tell you but yeah...there is a lot more to your Dad's job than you know Kid. As for the girl with no soul that would be Bella Swan right?" Hades asks.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

"I'm spry for my age..."

Leavenworth Smedry pauses as the silliness of what he's saying hits him. Professor McCoy knows what he's talking about...and if he can keep the boy going for an hour or so...

...Yes, there should be enough time.

"Hmmmm...if you can keep him as stable as you can for around twenty minutes at least without my...ongoing donation, I can fetch something...that'll help."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Soul Eaters

Maka pips up as she says, "Yeah, that was the name. She had no soul. Also I managed to engage one of the Kishin Souls in combat. His name was Charlise and he kept saying something about Bella being a powerful force that could absorb magic."

Feeling a little worried about that Kidd says, "Magic, you mean that she could conceivably absorb everything that was not part of the natural world?"

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "Remember, we only have suspicion at this point. Nothing more." He points out to Shirley, as though she was the reckless one. For a moment, his hand brushes hers, then he straightens his shoulders meaningfully and begins walking down the corridor.
    The conversation turns to less vital matters, the new members of the Swim team and the mental gymnastics they were going to have to do to keep up with Miley this year. Nothing more then two years talking about unimportant things.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #288

Soul Eaters

"The lack of soul makes sense but the magic is new..." Hades ponders this information while stroking his chin.

"Just get back to your hunting jobs and stay away from her. As long as she doesn't see you fight she shouldn't be a issue."

Lelouch

As the two of you walk away you see a familiar face waiting for you outside. It's Alice, the girl from the insane history class who knew you were a Prince. You agreed to meet with her after school...

As you get closer you can see the side of a hole burnt into the side of her shirt but there is no more wound underneath it. "Lelouch, I'm sorry for not meeting you sooner but I suspected we would both be preoccupied. If you wouldn't mind parting company with your friend I would like to go over our history notes."

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    He'd allowed himself to relax. Now, the walls come back up, and he's once more his arrogant, detached self. "Of course." He says, inclining his head once, then turns to Shirley. "I need to deal with this. It was good to speak with you. Until tomorrow." he says, then turns to Alice and gives her his undivided attention.
    "Shall we?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Batgirls

"It's worse. I have reason to suspect the Black Knights have a presence there as well." Bruce explains. Despite having very similar goals (and fashion sense) the Bat Clan did not approve of the methods of the far more violent Black Knights and their mysterious leader Zero. "They have a pilot on the reserve at least. If as many parties have responded to the signal as you're saying no doubt they put an agent in the school."

((I would have thought it's only been <5 min since they left to talk to Batman...))

"Steph? Pause please? Don't like pole ticks."

Steph clicks the mouse, motioning Batman for silence. Cass was crazy scary good at awareness. Steph had learned this the hard way, and now she never attempted playful sneak attacking unless she wanted bruises. Or being paralyzed for a little bit.

"What is your problem, you creep?"

Steph is good at outraged. Her parent's drunken rants meant she was very familiar with obvious anger. Batman's anger was far more quiet (though more) scary.

"Can't you see we're changing here?"

The door is only open a crack; Steph's face takes up most of Shirou's view of the room.

"Is this why you wanted us in your rooms? What kind of girls do you think we are? Out! Go back to the kitchen, and wait until we're ready! Now!"

She shuts the door, groaning, to find Cass half-undressed. Batman is still on screen, but Cass...doesn't get things. Like "You don't undress in front of your boss, when he's a guy (even if he is Batman)." Or "Showering together saves water but we don't need to be that efficient." It was like there was an entire list of books about Things You Should Know Not To Do In Society that everyone had read but Cass didn't read, and couldn't read anyway.

...thankfully, Steph was using her inner monologue for this. She had been practicing making sure that she wasn't letting her inner monologue become her outer. That tended to be bad, especially around Detective Hotpants. Who she had done the mature thing with and let Babs have him, but now that she could walk again, she was

"Too cool to do that..."

Cass just stared at her.

"...How much did I say out loud?"

"It's your cover story. Though you are cool."

She looks Steph up and down.

"Need to get dressed too. Clothes in closet. Batman won't peek."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    The two of them are sitting in a disused classroom, Lelouch sitting on a desk, Alice facing him. Something in his gaze makes her uncomfortable and self-concious, like a rare insect in a collector's hand, waiting to find out if she's going to be pinned to his display case or not. He rests his fingers on his flat belly, and frowns a little.
    "Why don't you tell me how much you think you know." He's ready, in a moment, to draw the gun he keeps with him at all times. "You wanted my attention. You got it. What happens now?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    The Spirit appears next to Smedry as he hurries down the corridor to his classroom, an unidentifiable sword held in his hands. He raises an eyebrow, but otherwise is his stoic, infuriatingly direct self. "Well, time we had that talk, you and I. It's the last thing I'd normally do, so it seemed the best way to change things."

He makes the sword vanish. "Whatever you are doing had best wait. What's going on is complicated, and I'm not going to tell you all that much, because I like to play with aces in my sleeve and a stacked deck. Essentially, I'm from the future, and I'm in the process of preventing a war. Some of the students here will be key players. Hence my acting like a mad gunman."

Beast
    He carefully stops what he's doing, peels off his gloves, and gets Abdigail on the phone to give her the good news.

Shirou
    He'd only knocked on the door, but as she'd guessed the boy is completely mortified at that and backs away, stuttering apologies. Well, that bought you as much time as you can use.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

[So that's a yes to Zim being able hang on for twenty minutes or so...]

Archer's materialization does wind up catching Leavenworth by surprise.

But he doesn't let it affect him too much, and smiles, taking off his Bestower's Lenses as a sign of trust.

"I'm in a rush in any case: this'll take no more than twenty minutes, which, in my book, is just the right amount of time for an illuminating conversation. Or a cup of tea. Or reading a newspaper."

He beckons. "Come, follow me: it'll be harder to be eavesdroped on in any case."

He swiftly takes off for the classroom.

"So a war in the future, eh? A truly terrible war, a war unmatched by few in it's horror, I'm guessing: otherwise you wouldn't have braved time travel so fearlessly and intervened so drastically? And pardon me, but I'm going to ask some foolish questions about this: best to get the foolishness out of the way."

24. - Top - End - #294

Batgirls

With Shriou running back to the front area with his hypothetical tail between his legs Batman returns to the conversation at hand.

"This is bigger than I expected I am sending you some back up. Tim should be arriving early tomorrow."

Beast

Abagail answers her tone is a lot less stressed than the last time you talked. "Please tell me you got good news. I finally got off the clock and do not want news of Zim blowing someone up right now."

Lelouch

"I don't have time for your sense of superiority. You are Prince Lelouch Vi Britannia and your crippled sister Nunnally Vi Britannia is in your Student Council dorm room. You are also Zero the leader of the Black Knights." Alice explains exasperated as if she's tired of knowing far more than she should.

"I don't know how else to say this but you need to get out of here right now. This school is a trap and you aren't among the intended targets so you can still escape."

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    He chuckles a little, but it's cold. "Tell me, do you really think I don't know what's going on here? Why the hell do you think I'd go to school in America? Because I happen to have a prior history with a few of the students? Because I think I can take six months off leading my organization and return to find the entire world has been conveniently paused while I was absent? I am trying to make allies, but that's hardly all I am doing."
    He stands up. "My sense of superiority is a mask. Like the rest of this. It's a face I wear, but no more myself then the Zero persona. Less, in many ways. Now apparently you want to help me. At the very least, you want to keep me alive and free to act as I choose, because you have dangerous information, and you've done nothing with it. Unfortunately you seem to be laboring under a misapprehension as to my level of competency."
    "Now listen to me, and do it carefully. Nothing worth doing has ever been achieved without the sacrifice of good men. And sometimes to win, you have to make these sacrifices. That's what being a leader is. Now if that's all you have to say, I have a crippled sister to look after, a war to win, and some less easy matters to take care of."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #296

Lelouch

"I've seen the future. If you don't leave you will die and Nunally will be alone. Think about it while you still can." Alice says nodding. She didn't expect him to leave but sometimes knowing the future is enough to change it.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "And which men do you think I'm talking about sacrificing? Do you really think I'd ask anything of my followers I would not do myself? I'm not delusional, you do not do what I have done then live happily ever after. My death is not something I particularly care to avert. by the time I'm done, I'll probably welcome it, already sleep is becoming hard." Then he paused, and looked at her. "Or is it you can't dream of giving yourself for something greater then yourself? Well then I feel sorry for you more then anything. Regardless, I'll thank you to keep what you know yourself. And if you don't mind, I'd appreciate you taking the time to explain your ability."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-01-31 at 09:21 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Pixie in the Playground

Beast
    "Well, the good news is that, like most of his attempts, he failed to achieve what he hoped to. No, he managed to essentially kill himself, and we've been unable to stabilize him. The upshot is, I did manage to carry out that dissection you've been itching to see, and furthermore copy his genetic code. You should now have no problem getting his technology to recognize you once you confiscate it."

He pauses, and wonders if he should have pursued a career as a spin doctor. Then again, it is true, from a certain point of view. But that's a slippery slope, one he wants no part in. "Unfortunately, he's also effectively dead. Should I dispose of him, or do you want to double check my results?"

Archer
    "One battle looks much the same as any other when you look at the corpses afterward." he replies, with a certain weary tone to his word that leaves you no doubt whatsoever that he is speaking entirely from personal experience. "But terrible enough to kill a generation and inspire some truly appalling pseudo-imperialist self-righteous poetry and songs."

He pauses, then gets back on track. "Regardless, I'm back here to avert it, and I have my reasons. Reasons you don't need to know. Anyway, given that time is linear I was already here, and I have already tried to change the future, and presumably failed. So I'm trying to think outside the box, and taking you into my confidence is the last thing I'd normally do."

He sits down. "So ask away. And if I judge the question useful, I'll answer it."

29. - Top - End - #299

Lelouch

"Your death is much bigger than you. Don't you remember what the resistance groups were like before you united them as the Black Knights? Do you think their organization will outlive you?" Alice says with a slight shrug.

"I know who you are because I was in Pendragon the day you were born. I make it a point of order to follow all members of nobility even if they exile themselves. As for the future, I can see what will happen if people follow through on their intentions. If you decide to cross the street I can see if you will be hit by a car. Right now my vision is cloudy, too many players I am not familiar with too many intentions I can't see. I know I will die, I always do but it's possible to save some people the world needs elsewhere."

Beast

"Remove the PAK, I'll have someone come by to pick it up tomorrow dispose of the rest. SWORD protocol is that if it crosses my desk I have to inform the home planet. I'd rather not let the Irkens know we exist and risk them sending someone competent." Brand says almost excited.

"Who was he trying to kill?"

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Black Dynamite
    His eyes narrow and he says,"So you a magic-man too? All right, I can dig it, and that doesn't matter much now, we got a whole Nam level cluster**** in this school. Gotta figure out who set this trap and why? I'd suspect the man being behind this, but if the man really wanted to get his hands on a bunch of mutha****in Merlins, he would just send some CIA black-ops spooks to get the the job done, spirit them away in the night, then dissect them in Area 51. So it's probably someone more small time, but who? Who could possibly have the connections and influence to acomplish this, and what could they possibly gain?"