New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Kidd

Kidd shrugs as he says, "That was impressive for a human, but I have seen better. As for that last bit I'm no noble, sorry." He rubs his chin for a moment before he says, "Ah, I almost forgot to introduce myself. My full name is Death the Kidd son of the shinigami. Or if you want a direct translation the death god. Of course you could always just call him/her Death."

Looking at the no doubt skeptical looks on their faces Kidd shrugs as he says, "There are far more unbelievable things going on at this academy I assure you. Besides if I wanted to lie to you why would I go with something that outrageous? Something a little smaller scale would be more believable don't you think?"

2. - Top - End - #362
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    He blinks, but a servant is always ready for battle, and he isn't unprepared. Without bothing the flourishes he normally utilizes, he summons Claíomh Solais, sending you all staggering back at the sudden, startling intensity. The sword burns with a terrible brilliance that scars your retinas and leaves your vision nothing but vauge shapes and black dots dancing on the edges, rendering you all efffectively blind. In the brief moment this buys hium while the other servent adjusts, Archer moves aside to give himself room, dismissing the sword belonging to Nuada, and summoning Fragarach and Fidelacchius, which he crosses in front of him.

When dealing with an unfamiliar servent for the first time, one should take the offensive as fast as possible, hence his choice of weapons.

"It is, is it? Why's that?" He says, sounding a little curious, but in a bored sort of way, as though this is the most effort he can bring himself to exert in this matter.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

Smedry, Kidd and the Twins

Makala looks as though she is about to say something when her Father motions her to be quiet. "Very well, between you Child of Death and Levanworth Smedry I shall trust you with the King's Safety."

With that he finishes unloading the last trunk for King Brady and flies the balloon away. Leaving you with the daunting task of protecting, King Brady a rather stout dark skinned boy who hardly looks fit to be ruling an island kingdom. "So where you going to put us up Smedry?"

Maka and Archer

The figure jerks his head back revealing his face that of a large rodent. "You're here to kill my summoner and stop her from claiming the prize."
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

4. - Top - End - #364
    Pixie in the Playground

[Did I lose track of Gary again?]

Leavenworth Smedry

"You show those Librarian wretches who has the power!"

Leavenworth peers at King Brady, leaning in close, blinking his eyes.

"Before we decide anything...information is the key, my boy! Tell me about yourself: in detail! Don't skimp on personal details: strengths, skills, powers...secret vulnerabilities..."

His voice trails off for a moment. "I'll have to know these things if I'm to count on you to watch my back, eh?"

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch Vi Brittania
    It occurred to him that the whole noble thing would take him all of two minutes to solve. However, he does not helpfully add that he has the authority to appoint any of them to members of the peerage, or his own rank. He's supposed to be in hiding afterall, and for now it was far more sensible to remain Lelouch, skeptical student, then an exiled prince.
    Of course, he's quite happy to learn what he can while he's here. "So you're saying you mother is the anthropomorphic personification of death?" He asks Death, feeling a bit stupid for repeating, but in need of clarification.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Touga

Touga stares at the envelope, taking it all in. Every fold, every edge, every crease, all as he remembers them. Kiryuu lies down on his bed and contemplates the ceiling.

Read it? Don't? Things have changed, certainly. Utena has disappeared, and Anthy not long after. End of the World is all but powerless without the Rose Bride. So why should he submit himself in service to that shell of a deity once more?

Touga knows exactly why. Because given the choice between being free and having power, he has no hesitation in choosing power. His sister, Miki, Jury, and even Saionji; they can all live normal lives, go back to being regular students. But not for Touga. That won't do. He can bend people to his will, warp crime and punishment with money, defeat countless opponents in battle, but none of that matters without power.

Kiryuu's meditation is interrupted by three concurrent voices.

"Mail!"
    "Mail!"
    "Mail!"

Three young men, each in thick-rimmed spectacles and prim school uniforms, pop up by the window. The nameless chorus that followed Nanami around was now apparently dogging Touga. For the life of him, he couldn't figure out why; they were more part of his sister's retinue then they had ever been part of his. He had tried everything in his power to remove them; bribery, threats, a car-chase, and eventually knocking each of them unconscious with his bare fists.

And still they followed. All Touga could do was ignore the three as he broke the rose seal on the letter and read the familiar hand-writing.

Alex

Alex takes Milly's hand, shaking it gently as he says with a smile, "And my name's Alex. I just came to this school, so I'm still learning everyone's name. It's a pleasure to meet you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

7. - Top - End - #367
    Pixie in the Playground

Sensei Negima, the precocious twelve year old with suspicious qualifications, had arrived for his first day of school, signed in, then vanished. Nobody had seen any sign of him since then. It was hardly the strangest thing that happened on the first day, but it was arguably the most sinister.

The cold woke him.

He came to his senses in a dark murk, squinting his eyes at the tiny blaze of the single candle that served to illuminate the room. He would have flinched if he'd been capable of that much movement. His head hurt from the blow that had taken him out, and pounded. His limbs felt stiff, dull, and unresponsive, tied together at the wrists and ankles like an animal getting ready for slaughter. The stiffness brought about a dull ache that the cold exacerbated, leaving him shivering in fatigue and discomfort, his teeth chattering.

Ashford Acadamy was built on what had formerly been a church, and their were catacombs beneath that were not on any plan, or even remembered. They had been last used as part of the Underground Railway, but that was a long time ago. Above his head, an old pipe had been broken, leaving a constant downpour of water over him. The water was stagnant and brackish, it had been down there a long time and hadn't moved, but it was moving now, grounding any magical energies he tried to call up.

The place Negima is trapped in is far beneath, and seems empty, though he cannot move his head, to turn around. There is nothing in front of him, but he can sense, feel a presence behind his back. He did not get a look at his kidnapper, but he would guess that this is him.

An hour goes by, and the figure neither moves nor makes any sign at all, silent and still. The cold ache seeps into the young boys bones, like tiny needles of ice are being pushed through the marrow, and his chattering picks up. The presence simply watches dispassionately, without joy or pity.

Then, slowly at first but picking up speed with the ease of one well practiced in the craft, a rasping, repetitive noise of a knife being sharpened begins. This goes on for an eternity, then a voice speaks. "You know, fleas have a significant place in the rise of western civilization." It says, as bleak and pitiless as can be imagined. Stone had more feeling, more warmth. "Once, during the feudal periods, peasants were more or less interchangeable. Without value to anyone, because they were so easily to replace."

The sharpening sound breaks off, then starts up again. Negima can't think of a reply, and couldn't even if he wanted to. He's been gagged.

"Then came the Black Death. Fleas on the backs of rats carried it, infecting uncountable numbers. The wealthy could run, or afford to treat it, though that rarely did any good, but the poor died in droves. And from the ashes, after all the pain and devastation, some good came of it. Because the upper classes no longer could treat their workers with blithe indifference. They would be forced to make provisions, or the peasants would go elsewhere. Thanks to these parasites, the lower classes began to improve. Only a little, but change takes time."

The sharpening stops, and the figure steps closer, resting a thin, fleshless hand on Negina's shoulder. The hand is thin, but did not feel like human bone and flesh and sinew. They were like the steel jaws of a vice that inexorably crushes whatever is in their grip. Indeed, he gives the impression that it could crush granite to powder if it put it's mind to it, let alone the pliant flesh and bone of a twelve year old wizard.

"All things serve their purpose, complete the function they were created for. That is one of the universal truths. Even the unnatural exists for a reason. Even you, here, still serve a purpose." The hand withdraws, and the shape moves, stepping back and resuming sharpening the knife, the steel ringing as it scrapes along the stone. An old fashioned way of doing things, but certainly sets a dread ambiance.

He falls silent again, letting the boy ponder his words, with nothing but the scrape of the blade for company. At last he stops, and speaks once more.

"Names. All of them you can recall. The den of sin and heresy above us is full of them to choking. You are the first to feel the retribution it is my honor and duty to exact, but you will not be the last. Give me names. All your kin who follow the same dark path you have taken, all your fellows in the facility above us. When I have extracted all you know, I shall grant you death. Not a gentle folding into the arms of the night, no, even that much is denied to one such as you. You will burn, slowly, and the fire shall usher you in to the next life. You're pyre is already set, and waiting for you." Taking the knife, now honed to a suicidal sharpness, he cuts away the gag, allowing the boy to speak.

"Please..." he chokes out, barely able to do that much.

Brilliant light –sunburst times a thousand, exploded in his head as his kidnappers fist drove against the point of his chin, so fast it took his brain a few moments to realize what had happened.

"Don't waste my time. There are no pleas, of innocence or anything else, in my court. The laws I serve does not make exceptions, nor would I allow them even if they did. There is no cold mercy in my heart for the likes of you. Nor even the offer of it. In truth, no matter what you do, you are consigned to the worst death imaginable. You will burn alive." the figure straightens, and steps over in front, for the first time letting him see his face.

He's young. Not much older then the girls the english teacher is used to teaching. But he barely looks human. There was no soft flesh on his face to lend symmetry, only hard planes and sharp angles. His cheek bones were stark, high and proud, and his eyes were deep-set, hard and cold as the rest of him. The flickering light of the candle played across, features receding into vagueness one moment, luridly etched in the next as his vision wavered.

"You have damned yourself, and are beyond pity. Heresy is like a tree, its roots lie in the darkness whilst its leaves wave in the sun and to those weak or lacking character, it has an attractive appearance. The righteous can prune away its branches, or even cut the tree to the ground, but it will grow up again ever the stronger and ever more pleasing to those who harbor the enemy in their hearts. Yet all this time the root grows thick and black, gnawing at the bitter soil, drawing its nourishment from the darkness, and growing even greater and more deeply entrenched."

He folds his arms over his chest, steel-grey eyes blazing. "Such is the nature of heresy, and this is why it is so hard to destroy, for it must be eradicated leaf, branch, trunk and root. It must be burned til naught remains but ash, or it will return all the stronger, time and time again, until it is too great to destroy."

"Names. You will unburden your conscience a little before you are given to the flames. I'm a patient man, and can hold off the fire as long as it takes."
    He said, fingertips pressing together. "I will have what you know, heretic. I will wring a confession from your bloodied lips, no matter how long it takes me."

Archer
    "Ah. That." He says, blinking a little at the big mouse's appearance. "Well, En Garde I suppose." There really wasn't anything else to say, this was his purpose, and until he found a way to break the cycle (which he was making a little progress on) there really wasn't anything else to be said for it. That said, he leaps sixteen feet in the air and tosses both swords at Mickey like darts, the blades nothing more then flashes of light as they are moving so fast that they are actually incandescing from the air friction, and summons Galatine which he holds in both hands, bringing it down in a terrible blow.

Shirou
    This awkward. He'd kind of hoped that if he supplied the food, they'd supply the conversation.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2012-03-05 at 11:15 PM.

8. - Top - End - #368

Archer and Maka

Mickey deflects the two thrown swords with ease as he leaps into the air. The close range strike though catches him off guard and sends him flying back as he rolls with the blow.

Touga

The message is simple.

Dearest Touga,

If you are reading this letter it means that you and the rest of the Rose Duelists failed to bring about the Revolution of the World. I have long since passed back into the nothingness of a dream, where all dead Gods go. None the less there is but one chance for me to return to form. A large enough sacrifice dedicated in his name can return a God to his former glory. A war is about to consume your new school, starting with two members of the Student Council fan the flames and when the time is right dedicate it to End of the World and our original bargain will be upheld.

-End of the World.

Alex

"Well it was a pleasure meeting you." Mily says with a slight bow, a habit she picked up in Area 11, one her parents frowned heavily upon.

"I must be going though."

Lelouch, Smedry, and Kidd

King Boomer smirks. "Well I don't mean to brag but I am a King of Legend. Which means I am beyond the shadow of a doubt the strongest, fastest, smartest and best looking King in the history of Kinkow."

Makala facepalms and pushes him aside. "He is overweight, out of shape, uncoordinated, untrained in any Free Kingdom or Hushland weaponry, about as sharp as a sack of hammers and suffers from delusions of grandeur. He is nothing but a liability to anyone."

"Well I did spend most of my life in a Chicago orphanage. I'd recon I have more experience with a regular High School than any of you other than white bread over there." He says pointing to Lelouch.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kidd, Patti, and Liz

Kidd rubs his chin as he addresses Lelouch first, "Him, her take your pick. Gender matters surprisingly little when as a personification you don't have one. So my parent can choose to take a different gender everyday if he or she wished. Though I myself and am full male."

Liz looks over to Boomer as she says with a raised eyebrow, "No offense, but that's not exactly a stellar resume their though you do have a point. Didn't have much time fore school myself, I had to take care of Patti while we were on the streets. Oh yeah, we should introduce ourselves as well. My name is Elizebeth, but just call me Liz. Me and Patti are Kidd's weapon partners."

Patti tips her cowboy hat with a wide smile as she says, "My name's Pattricia, but everyone calls me Patti." It was then that Patti looked at with squinted eyebrows before saying, "So your a king? Then why don't you have a sword? All kings have swords! It's like, a rule"

Maka

Maka's face shows that she is thoroughly confused as she cries out, "Wait! What is this rightful prize? Why does it require you two to fight here. Unless you guys forgot this is a school. If you too keep this up your going to get us discovered."

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "Well, people find a big lie easier to believe then a small one, but I'll take you at your word, though it sounds needlessly complicated to me. It's a pleasure and honor to meet you both." He says, offering a slight bow, and extending his hand, giving them both a gentle smile. Something snaps a little in his brain, however. He's always been an atheist for moral reasons, feeling that it is the duty of humanity to save itself, to build paradise with their own hands. Trusting too a higher power was futile at best, suspect at worst. The boys insistence that their were higher powers who took the time to indulge whims but didn't feel any obligation to those they created didn't sit well with him at all. "I am Lelouch Lamperouge, and until a few days ago I thought I had an interesting life."
    His smile becomes a trifle mischievous. "Of course, being ordinary is under-rated." He adds dryly. "So are any of you going to do anything about that?" He indicates Archer and Mickey's escalating conflict with a hand. "I mean, we've already lost one wing of the dormitories, and I doubt any of you want the Brittanian Military back here. For one thing, because as far as I can tell you're all fugitives."
    Lelouch has a strange soul. It's not malevolent, malicious or even blood-thirsty, indeed it's almost the soul of a trickster, using a solid foundation of reason and cold logic to come to the sort of conclusions unreason could only dream. It's the soul of one who has stopped being a man, left the wants and needs of humanity to become a cause. And yet around this core is a sort of chaotic mischief more at place in the mind of a child. You wonder if you're reading him wrong. It's certainly possible, it is late and you are tired.
    "As a prefect, I should be telling you all to go to bed as well, though given Smedry is, for the moment, a teacher," He doesn't mention 'under investigation. He doesn't need to, it was all over his face. "maybe this time we can make an exception."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kidd

He looks toward the growing conflict with a lazy look as he says, "My friend should be getting on that. I came over here because I felt a rather noticeable magical signature. Me and my friend split up to find both of the ones that we felt. Don't worry, she is rather competent and if the instigators will not listen to reason she is pretty good at physical combat. He could be reading Lelouch wrong, but it was highly improbable as he didn't need much sleep in the first place with his body. However it was possible that he had a conflicted soul. One that was at war with itself over desires and the superego.

He shrugs as he says, However you are right it is quite late, so we will need to get Boomer and, Mikala was it? We will need to get them both a room to sleep in. Boomer could stay in my room and Mikala can stay with my friend when she finishes up."

12. - Top - End - #372
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

"You'd best be careful." Smedry says quietly to Kidd. "For those traces of Magic...one of them leads to a young woman named Bella: to the best of my knowledge, she bears no ill-will..."

He leans forward.

"But the Librarians have transformed her into a living weapon: she corrupts all things magical and supernatural, twisting them into muted, bizzare, and less powerful versions of themselves. They mean to use her to break the power of the Free Kingdoms, and make the world safe and duller...but I think even the Librarians do not know what they've unleashed

...don't let her touch you, but don't try to destroy her either: she's innocent, and deserves to life her life free of this sort of nonsense."

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "It's people who get what they deserve that complain life isn't fair." Lelouch interjected, watching the growing fight. "So, I understand that you two are royalty. Where, might I ask, are your realms located?" He lowers his eyes a little. "I've always wanted to travel, you see."
    The Free Kingdoms do exist. That's something he'll have to deal with, and learn to accept, much as it seems an aberration of the carefully constructed logic he'd always taken for granted. C.C's power he could accept, but this...
    A blur was coming over the prince's vision, as his brain started to comprehend what this meant for his notions of reality. But it also meant opportunity, and useful allies. One's that he could turn to his purpose with a little pressure, a little negotiation, and the Word of Absolute Command. Just the same, he didn't entirely trust them to think and see things the same way that he did. So he wouldn't trust them, not with his identity or anything else, until he was sure he could control them.
    First, however, he had to understand what allies he meant to gain, and what exactly he was going to control.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Pixie in the Playground

Sagara Souske
    She had one of the largest rooms in the place, a big bed, some furniture and a few personal effects scattered here and there. She was asleep, tangled in her sheets and covers, completely vulnerable. And sitting on the branch outside her window was a man shaped figure, watching her sleep in the most creepy manner possible.

Souske kicks down the door, draws a berreta smoothly, and puts six rounds in the pale face outside the window before he had a chance to react, each bullet impacting.

Shirou, Cassandra, Stephanie
    There is a knock on the door, and only one person it could be. He wasn't supposed to get here until tomorrow.

15. - Top - End - #375

Souske

The bullets slam into the pale boy's stomach, the first few bouncing off harmlessly the others enter but don't go in as far as they should stopping within a inches. He turns around and dives at you before you can get another burst in.

Down the stairs a voice yells out the girl's name and a shotgun is cocked, presumably both the voice and the gun belong to Bella's Father.

Lelouch, Kidd, Smedry

"I am not about to reveal secrets like that to a Britannian schoolboy." Mikala smirks at Lelouch, that is the problem with without revealing anything about who you really are, potential allies have no reason to trust you.

Boomer looks over the Twins and Kidd. "How about I bunk with these two honies right here? I've never been much for swords but I do got this."

He pulls out a solid golden crown that he places on his head. Mikala promptly snatches it away. "Put that away you idiot. Do you know what would happen if it were to fall into the wrong hands?"

Smedry no doubt knows about how the crown is tied to the destiny of the island. If it fell into Librarian, Darkside or even Brittannian hands it could spell the end of an Entire Free Kingdom.

Maka and Archer

Mickey doesn't answer Maka's question but the look on his face as he recovers his footing suggests he isn't even fully sure of the answer.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Touga

"That is, by far, the most insane thing I have ever heard." Touga mutters with a blank stare. Had Akio really fallen so far? Was Anthy really so utterly necessary to his survival? It had been less than a year since the student council had dispersed. Less than a year since attaining freedom. Less than a year of enduring triviality for Touga. Wealth and status brought Kiryuu importance, notoriety. But power? No. As far as the world was concerned, Touga was nothing remarkable. Another spoiled heir in a minor family with just enough money to be rich but not nearly enough to be even a blip on the global scale. It was emasculating, like a fighting cockerel in a hen house, or a timber wolf in a kennel.

At his nadir, Touga was given an offer. Transfer to a new school, and await for events to unfold. The price was heavy; being assigned as the chaperone to a lunatic was far from ideal. But he still should have suspected End of the World would be behind all this. And in the end, was Alex really any less insane than Saionji?

For a moment, Touga contemplates his choices. He could continue to be free, maybe even go back to Ohtori Academy if Akio is this weak. Or... He could have everything he ever wanted. But if Akio was out of the way, maybe he could have that anyway. Or... he could have everything he ever wanted -and- bend a new student body to his will.

"Hrm."
    "Hrm."
    "Hrm."

His decision not even fully made, Touga turns around to see the chorus. Each holds a purple velvet pillow with gold tassles. On the first is a red rose, the second his sword, and the third his rose ring. Not even looking at the bespectacled young men, Touga puts on his rose ring with a grin.

Alex

"And you." Alex says as he walks away. Pleasant bird. Aaand... on the list. Alex continues walking the halls. He has a job to do, and it starts with scoping out the competition prey victims his peers.
    Last edited by The Tygre; 2012-03-08 at 08:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

17. - Top - End - #377
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

[Say, has his Talent come back yet?]

Smedry's an easygoing person.

He still has to fight to urge to yank out his remaining hair when Boomer pulls out his supersecret 'Do Not Lose' magic crown.

"He's right, boy." He says sternly. "If the Librarians, Dog help us, were to steal that crown..."

He pauses dramatically.

"They would have the power to animate all uncooked noodles into a giant Alivened Pasta Monster that could destroy entire cities!!!!"

Better that certain people (Lelouch) think that the Crown bestows a dangerous but stupid power rather than a insidiously dangerous power."

"But never mind that! We're exposed here! Extremely exposed! We need to get under cover! Don't panic, follow me on the count of three! Three! Let's go!"

All this talking and running about is meant to distract the ditzy King Boomer and keep him from pointing out that his crown does not, in fact, give him control over noodles.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Pixie in the Playground

(It's not been two or three weeks. It's been, tops, fifteen or so hours. So no, I wouldn't expect him to have his powers back.)

America. Center of the universe.

Or so it's inhabitants believed, anyway. To him it was naught but a pale shadow, but people lived such little lives. Always under the whip of some overlord, or lord, or other oppressor, captured in their own impotence and unable to escape, or even realize how trapped they were. Pity was the appropriate response, but contempt came more naturally to him.

He stood on the avenue and looked north, a lone dark rock thrust up in a stormy sea. Night had fallen long since, but the lights of this extraordinary city still burned. People milled about in every set of clothes imaginable, in search of more the nightlife, more diversions to occupy themselves now that the evening had run out and night settled over the land. The new millennium was well underway, and everyone wanted a piece of it.

This world had changed without them noticing. But here in America, there was a confidence built on ignorance unlike anything he had ever seen. And yet, there was a vibrancy, and electrical crackle to it that he was quite familiar with. Europe might ignore or not realize it, but this land was rising to the fore, and would soon dominate this world, heaven help them. Europe was borrowing American fashions, modes of speech, even telling stories originating from what was nominally part of their empire. The balance of power was changing, and soon would relocate, that much was inevitable. He was enough a student of history to recognize that much.

If it was up to him, he'd let them keep it, may it do them fine, but his purpose would not allow it. Pressing need had brought him here, and here it would keep him until his task was done. Until this land was cleansed, and he could return to his real work, however long that took. What was time to him?

But remaining here would be a strain. Already, he felt contaminated by it all, saturated by it, as though it infected him, sapping away at his purity and strength, and seeping into his soul every moment he spent among them. He hated it, and he hated them just as much, but it would be endured. It must be.

Turning up the collar of his long coat, he walked into a dark alleyway, stopping at the terrace house he had bought with red gold stamped with the face of a king unfamiliar to anyone in this sorry nation, he removed his broad brimmed hat and coat, hanging them on a hook and brushing absent-mindedly at the speckles of blood on the cuff of his shirt, now all that remained of Sensei Negima. He was by nature a fastidious dresser, however being splattered with the blood of the unclean had never bothered him. It was holy work, and he went about it with the full contents of his soul.

The modern age had brought it's share of wonders as well as indulgence of the sickness inherent to the impure, particularly in the fields of entertainment. Bread and circuses, perhaps, though they had their useful applications as well. In particular, in regards to communications. He takes the phone, and dials a number.

And in Wolfram And Hart, Chicago Branch, Holland Manners picks up the phone, to hear a cold, remorseless voice begin to make demands. "I require him to create me an identity, complete with a recorded history and spotless records." Says a man who really never understood the principle of softening things with pleasantries. "I will also require the services of a few good men, or at least a few violent ones who don't ask too many questions. I am willing to pay you any amount of money you require in return."

Shirou
    He looks down at the table, where he hasn't made enough room for another guest, and is absolutely mortified at this oversight. Though, in his defense they had told him they weren't expecting anyone else. The two girls almost envy his lifestyle, free from any concern greater then manners, hospitality and conducting oneself in a required way. Indeed, he's exactly the sort of person Bruce Wayne is in imitation of.

Archer
    The white haired man rolls his eyes, and holds up a hand to Mickey, signaling a time-out. Honorable warriors tended to respect that sort of thing, though it usually wound up getting them into trouble. He turns to stare at Maka. "Well, traditionally one of us kills you after we finish, thereby ensuring no witnesses. But if you prefer, one of the arbiters could do damage control once we've both left, and kill you instead." He says. Then he pauses. The talking was good. It made everyone relax, lose their edge. He focuses, weaving together another blade, though there is no outward sign. The blade is invisible, without substance, yet could still cut. The perfect assasains weapon.

"Or maybe bribe you. Who knows? It's not really our problem, either way. As for the fight, every wizard calls up an ancient spirit, winner takes all, and gets a single wish granted. That's what it's all about." He says. "Still, I suppose we can put this all on hold, and wait to get a better idea of what's going on. Truce?" He steps forward, apparently unarmed, and extends a hand to Mickey in friendship, or at least nonviolence.

"Take some time to work things out before we get back to tearing this place up."
    Last edited by Draxx; 2012-03-09 at 07:22 AM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Maka

She looks at him as she says, "That would be preferable, though I don't think it would be wise to carelessly kill one of Death's advocates. Oh and by the way hotstuff. You may want to kill the sneak attack." When Archer no doubt looks at her in shock she looks him in the eye, both of them glowing as she says, "The soul of a person reveals all. I'd rather not reap you as I can see you are working towards a worthwhile goal. However I cannot allow such wanton destruction. Especially in a place where so many innocents would get involved. I would appreciate it if you could settle this at another time at another place."

She has he scythe shouldered so that the blade was facing towards Mickey. This was Soul could watch the mouse king to make sure he didn't pull any funny moves as well.

Kidd and the twins

Liz chuckles as she says, "No offense, but I think that these banana's are a little out of your reach. Besides, no coed dormrooms."

Kidd shrugs as he says, "Besides you shouldn't let their appearances fool you. Both of them grew up on the streets of Brooklyn until I rescued them from that life. If you tried anything they didn't like, well... lets just say that Brooklyn hospitality will leave you in a body cast. When I met them, even hardend criminals were afraid to go near them."

Patty chuckles as she holds up her arm a hand on her bicep flexing as she says, "I beat up all the bad guys!"
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-03-09 at 07:30 AM.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    He blinks, but takes it on the chin like a man. "Just a precaution to defend myself should he prove equally less then honorable as myself. A sneak is always the most cautious of being trapped."

For a moment, just a moment, he considers killing her, just like that. It would be so easy, and simplify a complex situation nicely. He's already losing track of all the variables in this bloody place, trying to remember what they had to do with him. It was extremely frustrating reliving everything from a different perspective. No doubt Shirou had stared at this girl a hundred times and never thought anything of her, nor she of him, his former-selves innocent soul had little in common with his own monument to self-loathing.

"And I've killed sons of Gods, kings chosen by Heaven, by Chaos and by the North Wind, yet here I stand. I've been at this a long time. Too long." He looks at Mickey, then shrugs. "Well, how about it then? twenty four hour amnesty. You find your master and work out why you're here, and I'll let you do that."

21. - Top - End - #381

Maka and Archer

"This isn't over..." Mickey says before leaping away and out the window. The large rodent sure is agile.

Kidd, Smedry and Lelouch

"Well those hardened criminals weren't Kings of Legend." Boomer smirks before Mikala slaps him across the back of his head.

"Your brother is dead because of your stupidity in turning off the wards to go play with mermaids. You'll sleep with Kidd and you'll like it do you understand."

"Yes, Mikala."

Touga

Elsewhere in the school three female shadows fall upon a bare brick wall.

"Did you know? Did you know? Have you heard the news?"

One shadow in the a military uniform climbs a steep hill. "A wary soldier from a failed campaign begins his quest anew."

As the figure makes it's way up the hill it finds itself standing in between another shadow holding a note book and a feather quill and a phantom wearing a cloak and mask.

"Caught between a rock..." The figure with the quill begins to write in it's book.

"...and a hard place..." The cloaked figure draws a sword it points menacingly at the soldier.

"How will he avoid a second fall?" The two figures attack the soldier leaving her to fall to the ground and roll back down the hill.

((This was unnecessary and probably going to be missed by most people but what the heck...))

Alex

The halls are pretty empty, almost everyone has retired either back into town or to their dorms for the night. As you wander you cross the paths with one of the faculty. A rather well built young native Britannian with a pony tail. "Students aren't supposed to be the halls after dark without a teacher, what's your name?"

Kamijou Touma

You are about the settle into bed after a rather uneventful first day of school. Sure it was attacked by two heavily armed men but you were nowhere near the violence so that goes by without much thought. As you prepare to step into your bed a rock smashes through your window followed shortly by a young woman with deep brown hair and the soul piercing eyes of a mage.

"Hi, my name is Alex. I have someone chasing me with the intent to stab me several magical swords. Can I hide out here for a few hours? I'll even fix the window?"

Tohno Shiki and Gary

As Gary wraps up his conversation with his superiors Tohno Shiki, his roomate arrives carrying his bags. His flight to Forks was late causing him to miss the first day of school and all the insanity held within.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kamijou Touma

Kamijou Touma was pleased, for once. Something terrible had happened - and it hadn't happened around him! His luck was finally looking up, and he smiled for a bit, just basking in the feeling of 'not being that person who has terrible things happen to him."

Alas for Kamijou Touma, he forgot one simple fact.

Kamijou Touma was unlucky.

He barely twitches as the girl crashes through his window, merely hanging his head and shaking it for a second. "Such misfortune..." he sighed. It would never change. But then he looks at the window and pales.

"Uwaaaaa! I don't have enough money to replace that!!" He's clearly panicking, and only calms down when he hears the girl speak, and boldly points at her, glaring with all the indignity of a financially unsound teenage boy. "Yes, you will stay here until you fix my window! I'm not letting you out of my sight until you do so!"

He sits down on his bed, glaring at the brunette for several seconds.

"So... why are you being chased by a delinquent with magical swords?"

Tohno Shiki

Shiki groans and puts down his bag near the school entrance, panting slightly. His glasses are almost slipping down his nose - and the boy takes time to carefully return to them to their precarious perch, rather than observing his surroundings.

He does that second - habitual instincts kicking in - and looks for any possible danger.

Danger? At a high school?

Shiki shakes his head, feeling silly. It is kind of ludicrous for him to think so, he has only just arrived! He should wait at least five minutes before deciding that the school was dangerous.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "Fair enough." He says, then walks over to Maka. He's ignored Smedry, and his usual ridiculous insistences. If the crown had any power, it was symbolic, which many people overlooked to their detriment. The power of gestures was greater then magicians realized.
    Indeed, he'd more or less overlooked Smedry altogether. The man was useful in that he'd given Lelouch what he needed to make contact with the free kingdoms, and use them to defeat his own enemies. But now that he had an actual authority to work with, he had no more real use for the man. Let him go on fighting his war against imaginary enemies if he wanted. It was nothing to Lelouch.
    "Thanks for defusing that situation. It was very brave." he says, giving her a smile. "Now as the voice of reason, I'd better tell you that it's late, and past time you all went to bed. And this is not a suggestion, if you don't I'll have you all suspended."
    He pauses a second and looks at the two kings again.
    "I suppose you can spend the night here, but if you're not faculty you'd better be out by tomorrow." With that he walks off to go to bed.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-03-10 at 01:26 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Stephanie

Neither of the two really care about his lifestyle. Well, Steph might appreciate having actual money, but Cass? She's lived on the streets and in a Bat-Cave and in Wayne Manor. Money really isn't something she's ever concerned about. And a life without fighting was no life at all for the girl.

"Don't worry."

An observant individual might recognize that's Steph's holding her knife a bit too tightly for comfort.

"I'll get it."

At a pointed look from Cass, she delicately-ever so delicately-places her knife on her plate, and walks-again, ever so delicately, to the door, and opens it a crack-but no more.

In a saccharinely sweet voice, she smiles and greets the Boy Wonder at the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

25. - Top - End - #385
    Pixie in the Playground

Tim Drake
    He's filled out nicely. That's the first thing she notices. He's gained about a foot in height, his shoulders are broader and trimmer then ever, and the little remaining softness he had has been burned away. He's holding a jacket slung over one shoulder, a suitcase in the other, and wearing a white shirt and slacks that fit him nicely. He's let his hair grow a little longer, and got a little less pale.
    "Hey Steph." Robin Mark III says, giving her a smile. "Thought I'd see you before I got settled in myself. I figured you could use some space, so I got my own place. Which happened to be the apartment over the hall." He indicates the opposite apartment with his hand. When you don't say anything, he smirks. "Are you going to invite me in, or am I going to stand here all night?"

Souske
    With a fluid, smooth movement he cycles the clips, moving so fast he's a blur, and steps over to the window, keeping up the punishing rain of fire. Whether or not the thing was wounded, the force of the blows should be dislodging it, or ripping apart the wall it was holding. Unless the thing had some sort of tactile telekinesis as well as physical strength, sort of like the engines that made mecha work.
    He's not worried about the father. Should he interfere, Souske is sure he will listen to reason.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

Stephanie Brown

"I don't know what you're going to do, Timmy."

The once and current Spoiler/Ex-Robin IV/ex-Batgirl taps a finger mock thoughtfully.

"But I'm having dinner right now. With some other guy. And Cass. And it would be really suspicious if I brought you in now, wouldn't it? Sorry, Boy Wonder. Guess you'll be flying solo tonight."

She tries not to slam the door, but it's just oh-so satisfying to do so.

Cass

She can tell what Steph is saying, even if she can't hear the words. Just like she can judge Shirou's character without ever having to listen to him. Good cook, though.

Her gift is why she isn't startled by the sound of door and frame impacting, but continues to eat all the while. After she's finished with her bite, though, and Steph is half-way back to the table, she rises without seeking permission.

"Done."

Cass walks back to the door, opening it wider than Steph had. Wide enough that Cass's face could be seen.

"Sorry. Steph still angry about breakup. And losing Batgirl. Canary told me supposed to take her side. But everyone being stupid. Her. Babs. You."

It's a lot more than Cass normally says to Tim. The two are close, but Cass isn't very talkative. When they were partners in Bludhaven, she'd often not talk for days at a time.

"Need help with moving?"
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #387
    Pixie in the Playground

Tim
    "I get that I can be stupid. Don't worry about it, we can't all be as smart as you." He replies. "I'll just keep offering peace and sooner or later she'll take me up on it." He adds with an easy smile. He likes Cass, not least of the reasons being that things aren't too complicated where she's concerned. Though he went up to California and founded his own team that became close friends, these two are family, and blood is thicker then water.

"Don't worry about me, movings not hard, I got just the one suitcase since the furniture came with the place. I'm set. You look after Steph." A horrifying thought strikes him then. "This guy, though, she didn't invite him around just to make me jealous did she? I mean, he's not dangerous or anything right?" he shrugs. "I know I'm worrying needlessly, but you know how relationships tend to work out where we are concerned."

28. - Top - End - #388

Souske

The seemingly invulnerable man on the roof decides it's best not to try withstanding anymore more bullets and makes a break for the tree line putting as many branches in between Souske and himself.

Charlie Swan bursts through the front door and points his shotgun at Souske. "Who the Hell are you?"

Lelouch, Smedry and Kidd

"Actually, before we got here my Dad put these together for us." Mikala says as she produces three application forms, one for herself and one for each King. She quickly pockets the one for the fallen King Brady.

Touma

"Yeah, yeah hang on." Alex says pulling out a glowing stick.

"Heated sand and expanding gas, fix this window made of glass." She waves the stick at the window which promptly reabsorbs the broken shard back into itself.

"As for the guy trying to kill me? That's probably because I summoned someone to kill him first."

29. - Top - End - #389
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    "Sergeant Sagara Souske, currently assigned to the protection of your daughter." He replies smartly and guilelessly, turning and saluting sharply, with all the honesty of a thrown knife. "From what I can see, she's in considerable danger. It would be easier if in future I don't have to remain hidden the entire time, and can establish a proper perimeter." He adds, while wearing black military fatigues, brandishing a gun, and having just emptied an entire clip of bullets in her room.

Some cures are worse then the disease.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary

[Roommates! Ooh, this is going to be fun...

Gary looks like this: he's...socially impaired.]

Gary looks up as he hangs up, head leaning to the side as he watches the newcomer enter the room.

He frowns, gets up...and tries to push Tohno Shiki out of the room.

"Hey! You aren't supposed to be here! This is my room! This is my personal space! You're intruding! That's breaking and entering: that's a legal offense on the state and federal level!"

Even as he raises his voice, he speaks in a somewhat flat tone, with a blank expression, refusing to make eye contact.

...Welcome!!!

Leavenworth Smedry

[Would he notice the 'soldier' tumbling downhill? I don't know the context for it.

And Draxx: I thought we had agreed that Smedry would get his Talent back in a couple long hours.]

"Ah! Forms! Right, right, very good! Follow me to my office! I think I have a giant stamp specially sculpted by the Artificers for just this purpose! There's a safe-house we can stow you in, and we can put you in my class: there's teddy bears scattered all around for you to use if necessary! This way!"

JogJogJogJog till we get to the office and school building?