New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Quote Originally Posted by Colesign View Post
    Gary

[Roommates! Ooh, this is going to be fun...

Gary looks like this: he's...socially impaired.]

Gary looks up as he hangs up, head leaning to the side as he watches the newcomer enter the room.

He frowns, gets up...and tries to push Tohno Shiki out of the room.

"Hey! You aren't supposed to be here! This is my room! This is my personal space! You're intruding! That's breaking and entering: that's a legal offense on the state and federal level!"

Even as he raises his voice, he speaks in a somewhat flat tone, with a blank expression, refusing to make eye contact.

...Welcome!!!
    (...Roleplaying with Gary from Alphas?

HELL YES)

Shiki

Shiki is bewildered for seconds - just seconds, but those are vital when dealing with someone like Gary. Being outside of his room, seconds after arriving, and still being ridiculously tired from his jet lag, Shiki doesn't have time to deal with Gary. He fiddles with his glasses for a second, before fixing a sharp glare on the boy in front of him.

"And now it's our room. Sorry, but that's how it is."

He's just a tad tired.

Quote Originally Posted by darkblade View Post
    Souske
    Touma

"Yeah, yeah hang on." Alex says pulling out a glowing stick.

"Heated sand and expanding gas, fix this window made of glass." She waves the stick at the window which promptly reabsorbs the broken shard back into itself.

"As for the guy trying to kill me? That's probably because I summoned someone to kill him first."
    Touma's eye twitches a bit, just a bit, barely noticeable really. Of course his window would get broken by the one magician on campus.

"Why would you try to kill him!?! Now he's going to come here!!! SUCH MISFORTUNE!!"

Touma curses his ill luck, unable to go more than a few minutes without doing so. "Is this some kind of joke!? I don't need anymore routes* open okay!?!?"

*: Kami-yan over here is renowned by his friends for being like an H-Game protagonist and having "Multiple Routes", eg; multiple women who want him. Much like an H-Game protagonist, Kami-yan is clueless about this.

I love Kamijou Touma so much.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by karusk View Post
    Tim
    "I get that I can be stupid. Don't worry about it, we can't all be as smart as you." He replies. "I'll just keep offering peace and sooner or later she'll take me up on it." He adds with an easy smile. He likes Cass, not least of the reasons being that things aren't too complicated where she's concerned. Though he went up to California and founded his own team that became close friends, these two are family, and blood is thicker then water.

"Don't worry about me, movings not hard, I got just the one suitcase since the furniture came with the place. I'm set. You look after Steph." A horrifying thought strikes him then. "This guy, though, she didn't invite him around just to make me jealous did she? I mean, he's not dangerous or anything right?" he shrugs. "I know I'm worrying needlessly, but you know how relationships tend to work out where we are concerned."
    Cass

She snorts at the thought of Shirou being dangerous. Most people weren't dangerous to Cass. Or even Steph, for that matter.

"Harmless. Invited him for information. Mistake."

She pauses for a moment.

"Favor?"
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #393
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    "You bet." Archer says as he watches Mickey go. Unfinished business was right.
    He doesn't have time for this, but he doesn't really have a choice, and anyway, for the moment at least, the advantage is firmly his. He's been in the world longer, taken the time to build up reserves, and gotten to know the terrain. That should be enough to give him the advantage. If he sets up his next move properly, he should finish this easily.
    Of course, at this early stage the war was hard to predict. Last time it hadn't been this oversized rodent. It had been Sampson, Beowulf, Guan Yu, and some others he'd never come to recognize, killed before he got involved. He has no idea if his change of adversaries is a good sign, or a bad one at the changes he'd made. But it does tell him that he is changing things, and that, more then anything, puts a smile on his face.

Shirou
    "So, is it unusual being a Wayne? I've never met him socially, but from what I hear he's never been in a relationship longer then a few weeks, and has something like a dozen adopted children." A little exaggeration perhaps, but not as much as one would expect. Wayne was a famous libertine.
    "What's it like having him for a surrogate father?" He's perhaps using his own experience at being adopted to color his expectations of their feelings about it.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Pixie in the Playground

Tim Drake
    He's well aware of their abilities, but he still feels a little responsible in an older sibling way. In a way, it's his job to worry about them, whether they want him to or even need him to.

When she makes her request, he pauses a moment, then nods. "Of course Cass. Anything you want, you know that."

5. - Top - End - #395
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Maka, Soul

She watches Lelouch leave with his threat of suspension as she shakes her head. He could be too grateful if he was still threatening suspension. Not feeling dealing with such a hassle she heads back to the dorms as Soul transforms back into his human state and heads back to the boys dorms.

Kidd, Patti, Liz

Kidd gives Boomer he room number and gives Mikala Liz and Patti's room number. He looks at them as he says, "These are our rooms. Once you have finished conducting you business you can come to these rooms. While you may be able to protect yourself Mikala there are many forces at work at this school. Had you been here earlier to see it you would understand the magnitude of the powers here." With that said Kidd and the twins head back to their respective rooms.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Tim Drake
    He's well aware of their abilities, but he still feels a little responsible in an older sibling way. In a way, it's his job to worry about them, whether they want him to or even need him to.

When she makes her request, he pauses a moment, then nods. "Of course Cass. Anything you want, you know that."
    Cass

"Don't get back with Steph? Too much drama. And I see all. During and after."

Cass is extraordinarily bad at social interaction. Well, at least, bad at initiating social interaction. Her gifts make it very easy for her to react to people, but her upbringing makes it all but impossible to understand what is a socially acceptable request.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

7. - Top - End - #397
    Pixie in the Playground

Tim Drake
    He blinks at the blunt, candid response. He's not insulted at the rather intrusive way she was getting into their business, that was just Cass being Cass, but it is off-putting, and he's got to get used to it again. The people's he's been working with are close, but most of them are socially awkward in the opposite way, and need everything explained to them. "Don't have any problem calling it like you see it, do you?" He mutters, shaking his head. Finally he formulates a response that's more then a few empty assurances.

By any normal standard he's emotionally stunted himself, too wrapped up in discipline to really work with other people, so it's hard. "Look Cass, I love her. Of course I do. But on reflection, we're better, and happier, as friends. Or brother and sister, or whatever we were before we started fooling around, and everything got complicated. Besides, I'm seeing someone else. Or will be, once we work things out."

He means it. At the moment, anyway. You suppose you can't really ask anything better then that.
    Last edited by Corvond; 2012-03-12 at 04:21 AM.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Barbarian in the Playground

Touma

"Because he's one of the guys who was tearing up the boys dorms this morning and I'll be damned if I don't get in on this." Alex explains as she pulls out a note book with a series of magical notes on them.

"Don't flatter yourself though, this isn't personal I just need a place to hide and your room seems to be sucking up all the magic nearby. If my friend gets too close to here and he'll go poof."

Souske

"Get on your knees and drop the weapon." Charlie Swan growls keeping the shotgun trained on you. Meanwhile the seemingly invulnerable figure gets further and further into the woods.

Smedry

"Alright where is the office?" Mikala asks.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow Gossips!

GGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMY GODYAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Touga

The Duelist of the Red Rose struts out of his room. He leaves his sword back in his room, but proudly wears his rose over his left breast. Such a trivial little thing, an ornament, but already it feels like a badge of authority. Touga Kiryuu is no pale-faced schoolboy idly dreaming his way through petty teenage dramas; Touga Kiryuu is a man with a destiny.

Kiryuu swaggers through the school halls, his mere footsteps calling out challengers. He needs to get to the school's greenhouse. It is the agreed upon rendezvous point between him and his 'partner in crime'.

Alex

Alex does his best to try and look regretful, feigning, "Oh, I didn't know, sir. I'm a transfer student here, and I'm still trying to learn all the ropes. Maybe you could help me, if you have the time?" Silently, Alex scans his eyes over the halls and through the doors, looking for exits in case he needs a quick get-away... or witnesses.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "You can work these things out later. For now, go to bed." He says, calmly repeating in a way that can't readily be gainsaid or ignored, even among royalty. Lelouch doesn't need his geas to command people and cow them with the force of his personality, even those well used to command themselves.
    "I mean it."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

Tim Drake
    He blinks at the blunt, candid response. He's not insulted at the rather intrusive way she was getting into their business, that was just Cass being Cass, but it is off-putting, and he's got to get used to it again. The people's he's been working with are close, but most of them are socially awkward in the opposite way, and need everything explained to them. "Don't have any problem calling it like you see it, do you?" He mutters, shaking his head. Finally he formulates a response that's more then a few empty assurances.

By any normal standard he's emotionally stunted himself, too wrapped up in discipline to really work with other people, so it's hard. "Look Cass, I love her. Of course I do. But on reflection, we're better, and happier, as friends. Or brother and sister, or whatever we were before we started fooling around, and everything got complicated. Besides, I'm seeing someone else. Or will be, once we work things out."

He means it. At the moment, anyway. You suppose you can't really ask anything better then that.
    Cass

She crosses her arms, glares at him. She isn't trying to intimidate him, just let him know that she feels it's his fault.

"Said anything. And for both your goods. Steph upset with losing Batgirl. You away from good friends. Don't fall back to each other."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

12. - Top - End - #402
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    "That barrel is sawed dangerously low. Hardly a precision weapon. Do you really want to fire that so close to your daughter?" He asks, his tone of voice innocent and reasonable, even helpful, as he corrects what he sees as a lapse of judgment. He isn't pointing his gun at Charlie, that would be a dangerous proposition, but he is readying himself. People only get away with shooting to wound in the movies.

"You'd be far better off using your standard issue pistol."

Tim Drake
    "You certainly know how to cut to the core of me." He replies, shaking his head a little. "But don't worry, she wouldn't have me back."

Then he changes the subject, as it's getting a little personal. "And how are you holding up? School interesting at all?" It's his turn to be worried about her. She's over-sensitive, and school's a saturated environment, that's probably a little overwhelming to a girl whose usual social calender contains a maximum of five people.

13. - Top - End - #403

Souske

((Bella is still inside the house, while Souske and Charlie are outside.))

Charlie isn't hearing any of this and fires, you were correct that he over sawed the gun as he takes a few buck to the leg and falls to the ground but many of them are still coming towards the young soldier.

Touga

You can just see Alex inside talking to a teacher, that can't end well.

Alex

Through a nearby window you can see Touga standing outside by the Greenhouse. The teacher clears his throat. "It's twelve-thirty. All students are to remain in their dorms after nine pm on weekdays. What dorm room are you in?"

14. - Top - End - #404
    Pixie in the Playground

[Right: Finally Free to Post]

Gary

"No." Gary says with a sublime level of patience, stepping back and pacing back and forth. "This is my personal space. And if you were assigned to be a roommate, you should have shown on time. You're late, so you're out of luck: you'll have to wait until next semester.."

Gary stops pacing, and walks right up to his 'roommate', looking at his nose quite carefully.

"And for all I know you could be an impostor! You can't come into my room until I know you're not an imposter!"

Of course, that's easily remedied. Gary lifts his hand up to his ear and makes 'tuning' motions, calling up all the online data he can muster on his 'roommate'.

Leavenworth Smedry

"This way! Quickly!"

Smedry starts jogging and 'stealthing' his way over to his office...in the World Affairs Building. He listens at his door, and then bursts into his office.

Everything is covered in books, and there are multiple Hushlander Devices scattered about to makes the place looks ordinary. There is a TV Cabinet in one corner...with a hot air humidifer sitting right where the TV should be, and there's a 1920s radio sitting right on top of the computer desk. Otherwise, there are Teddy Bears scattered strategically about...and shelves full of books.

Smedry rifles through a drawer. "Form Stamp, form stamp..."

"So," he says conversationally to his new 'students'. "Tell me more about yourself!"

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Touga

Kiryuu watches, hoping that Alex, just this once, won't do something stupid.

Alex

Alex notes Touga by the greenhouse. It wouldn't be wise to break character. Not here anyway. Nancy down there would get huffy about it anyway. Alex blurts out the first thing that comes to his mind, "Oh, I'm in room 101. But I was actually out looking for a teacher. There are rats in room 101, you see. Nasty ones. So if there's a groundskeeper or some such that I could get to help me clear them out?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

16. - Top - End - #406
    Pixie in the Playground

In the greenhouse, a hare sits on its haunches, balancing on it's hind-legs as it looks up at them, with a quizzical expression suggesting they were the intruders and not it. Ashford Academy has considerable grounds, it wouldn't be unusual to expect that there were a few wild animals scattered about, perhaps not even realizing they were in captivity, but still it strikes you both as odd, in a passing curiosity kind of way.

It gets positively alarming when the hare bursts into flames without any warning whatsoever. Spontaneous combustion. It's medically dodgy and scientifically unlikely, and yet here's hard evidence, undeniable. The animal blazes like a torch for a few more moments, as though it had been thoroughly soaked in gasoline beforehand, then abruptly the fire died and the hare darted away.

The world is nearly drowning in evidence of the unexplainable, and most of them take the form of mysterious portents. You just had to pick and choose, and this one, while alarming, isn't really worth considering.

'The hare runs into the fire'. It's a fragment that bubbles into your head without warning, some old piece of doggerel not worth the effort of forgetting. Where did you hear it? Some rhyme, some story or saying? For a moment you try to identify it, then the thought slips away, and you turn to other matters.

Archer
    The Servant simply fades until he doesn't exist. Time to re-evaluate, examine his options, then resume his work from another angle. These distractions were only needlessly confusing matters, and he had work to do.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

17. - Top - End - #407

((Alright I'd like to wrap up the night soon so let's not dill-dally on these plot points.))

Alex

"101 you say?" The teacher says as he pulls out a small key. "Grab a change of clothes and go to room 234 for the night. I'll personally make sure someone takes care of your pest problems. If I see you out of bed again then you're looking at a very long detention, understand?"

Smedry

"If it's all the same to you Mr. Smedry I'd rather not. Too much has happened today for small talk..." Mikala sighs.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

Smedry looks up, and his expression softens. "Alright then," He says. "I'll just ask you this: what's the rescue plan if one of us gets captured? Very important, rescue plans."

Finally, he pulls out a large stamp!

"Hammering Hamiltons! Here we go! A few presses of ink, and we'll have your bureaucratic disguises ready! I have some fake mustaches, wigs, and scarves if you think you need some physical disguises!"

19. - Top - End - #409

((Bluh bluh huge sick))

Shiki

Shiki is unsure of what Gary's doing - he barely knows the kid.

But Gary knows all about Shiki now. His medical history: anemic. His school history, his grades, report cards, everything.

Until he reaches the part where Shiki turns eight. Because Shiki died. There's no information of Shiki's eight year, just a massive black spot, and an impassable wall. It's wrong. It's so totally, completely, and utterly filled with a sense of wrongness.

"...Hey? Are you alright?"

Shiki's looking at Gary with a concerned look in his eyes.

Touma

Touma frowns at the girl's explanation. His room shouldn't be attracting magic at all - unless magic is suicidal. He glances down at his right hand, filled with worry.

It shouldn't happen again.

He left to make sure it wouldn't happen again. To make sure his hand wouldn't try and break the world again.

"...I-" wait is she trying magic in his room

oh god this is going to go horribly wrong.

"Eh.... I don't think you should do your magic in here. It won't work, not when I'm around."

Imagine Breaker. A right hand that can dispel even God's own miracles.

But Kamijou Touma doesn't want to dispel this girl's magic. He kind of... wants to help her?

Ugh. "Heh. Fukou da..." He shakes his head slightly, scratching the back of his neck before looking at her, determination set in his eyes.

"So where is this guy? Maybe we can stop him together, instead of just hiding in my room and waiting for him."

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Alex

Alex watches the teacher walk off, muttering, "...sodding gloop." Alex stalks off to the greenhouse to meet

Touga

Kiryuu watches Alex come out. As the lean Brittanian makes his way to the greenhouse, Touga says, "You're late." Alex leans on the wall behind Touga and retorts, "Perhaps it's simply a matter of you being too early."

"I see one of the staff gave you trouble. It's a wonder you made it through without bloodshed."

"The night's not over yet. I threw him off with a Georgie Orllie call-back. I know where he's at. So maybe I'll catch him up on his reading, eh?"

"As much as I love having to clean up your messes around campus, there's no time for that. There's work that needs to be done."

"So, finally gettin' to the job, huh? Took you long enough. I've been going straight bezoomy waiting for you to kick the rabbit."

"We've only been here a week."

"A week too long."

"My superior was... indisposed until now. I act on his orders."

"Your superior? So how is that measured; by how much of a nancy you two are, or how much of a blighter?"

"Don't forget Alex; you work for me while you're here."

"No, I'm your chasso. Those were my instructions. You're the oozy on the albatross around my neck."

"And who exactly was it who hired you?" Alex lights a cigarette and inhales, "Couldn't say. All I can tell you was that he was poogly as all Hell. He told me to be your bodyguard, for a nominal fee, or he'd snuff me out. Couldn't exactly tell him to sod off, now could I?"

"Hrm. In any case, we have targets. If my superior is to be believed, war is coming."

"Ooh! Goody goody! Not surprising, though. This whole place is a powder keg of loonies waiting to go off."

"It starts with the student council."

"What is it with you 'animu's and the school student council? It's just a bunch of buggatty nazzies strutting around acting like they were propped up by God-on-High."

"I was."

"What?"

"It's not important. We start with the student council. I'll work my way in through conventional means. It shouldn't be difficult. I'll trust you to handle this with your own particular brand of grace."

"Bash their skulls in and pol their mothers. Yes sir."

"Perhaps you should just start with some reconnaissance. Don't get caught."

Alex throws down his cigarette and smashes it under his boot. He smiles, "They'll never even know I was there. Now I'm getting out of here. People will start to talk if they see me with a fruit like you."

"Don't flatter yourself." Touga intones as Alex marches off. Kiryuu steps into the greenhouse and plucks a single white rose. He sniffs the elegant flower and sighs, "Nothing in life is born without pain. Change is inherently painful. I must always remind myself; he is an agent of change. And that is why he lives."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch Vi Brittania
    He lay in his bed, and slept only rarely and fitfully, plagued by nervous, frustrated dreams to which genuine nightmares would have been almost preferable. He was tired, and his body needed rest, yet he couldn't get his brain to stop turning. His first day in school, and he'd been entangled in a game. He didn't know the rules or the objectives, but that didn't matter. Because from what he'd seen, nobody else had a clue either.
    But he did have a hypothesis. Not a theory, theories needed evidence, support. But it was a good one. Who had power, and why?
    Not so easily answered. He lived in a world that took divine right of Kings as fact, and felt that breeding actually did make you a better standard of person then men without ancestors in the aristocracy, all thanks to Oliver Cromwell all those years ago. It had no truth to it, many of the finest people he knew were common as could be, and many of the nobility were barely capable. But if people didn't follow the individual, they seemed willing enough to follow the institution.
    Mot of the lower aristocrats spent their time and influence on the usual trappings, wealth or luxury or long life or happiness, but in the higher echelons seemed more interested in power in it's own sake. The simply wanted to perpetuate their own power, and spread their influence. He imagined a faction of puppet masters, who controlled the aristocracy, and through them controlled the world. Perhaps through controlling information, but he thought it more likely that they had a stronger hold then that.
    So what did this mean? He needed to hurt the Empire. Not simply kill it's soldiers until there weren't any left, there were always more people willing to join the Empire's armies, and it didn't really hurt them. It hurted the nations the Empire had conquered and destroyed.
    Likewise, acts of terrorism were like a gnat attacking a giant. He didn't have the men or the capability to stop it's flow of resources within the Empire, nor would he if he did. The shortages wouldn't effect the high and mighty, but fall on the ordinary people, and it wouldn't foster resentment either.
    But if there was such a faction, and evidence was hardly conclusive, then that was something he could do.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #412

Touma

"He was right outside my dorm room, before I made a break for it and left Mickey to hold him off." Alex explains with a slight smirk. "Mickey is still alive so he's probably doing a good job of keeping him away from here."

Smedry

With his tomfoolery present in the yard you'd expect King Boomer to be more excited about the Marx-Brothers based disguises, instead he just looks sadly at one of the fake nose and and glasses. "Brady would have loved this stuff..."

His fallen brother the other King of Kinkow.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

[Really! So am I!

...are you sure you're not an alternate dimension version of myself?]

"Huh." Gary says finally.

He breaks his habits for once, and looks at Shiki.

"You're an anomaly: you're a legally dead Anomaly. You should be existing..."

He paces back and forth. "You shouldn't be existing: it's wrong, it doesn't make sense..."

Finally, he stops, and reaches a conclusion. He turns to face you.

"If..."

He stops, then starts again.

"If you pretend not to exist when I'm here, and keep things really clean so that I don't notice your presence, and leave all my stuff alone..."

He struggles to enunciate this last phrase.

"I...guess you could live in this dorm room?"

Congralutations!!! You Have Gained +1 Room, with +1 Roommate!

Leavenworth Smedry

Leavenworth stops his chattering as he notices King Boomer's plight.

"Your majesty, I'm so sorry..." He says kindly.

And in a world where 'I'm sorry' is a platitude repeated over and over again until it losses significance...this manages to sound genuine.

24. - Top - End - #414

Smedry

"Was that Death Kid telling the truth? He's the son of Death?" Boomer asks absently. A grieving young man asking about someone related to Death, this cannot go anywhere good.

Meanwhile Mikala finishes up the forms. "Okay so how do we get these in their files?"

25. - Top - End - #415
    Pixie in the Playground

Smedry

"Now, now, my boy." Leavenworth replied quickly. "That's path that rarely ends well. Seeking our beloved lost leads to great pain and little else...it takes us away from life and our beloved ones that are still living! Those we've lost wouldn't want us to ruin ourselves that way, and I certainly don't want you to!"

He kneels down and meets King Boomer eye to eye. "Tell me...what's your best and brightest memory of your brother?"

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Tim Drake
    "You certainly know how to cut to the core of me." He replies, shaking his head a little. "But don't worry, she wouldn't have me back."

Then he changes the subject, as it's getting a little personal. "And how are you holding up? School interesting at all?" It's his turn to be worried about her. She's over-sensitive, and school's a saturated environment, that's probably a little overwhelming to a girl whose usual social calender contains a maximum of five people.
    "Interesting."

She looks down, more than a little embarrassed.

"Don't really know things. Don't look too much at lots of people."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Alex

Into the night Alex rushed. What was important was getting to Touga's room; that was where his 'casual-ware' was stored. Alex reached Kiryuu's luxurious suite without incident. The Brittanian didn't even pay heed to his surroundings. Underneath a specifically carved out loose floorboard was a pack containing everything Alex would need for the night. Like a caterpillar from its chrysalis, the psychotic high-schooler began his transformation.

First the clothes; off with the uniform coat and tie, on with the white turtle-neck. The grey slacks were similarly replaced with white trousers. New boots; something harder and more enduring than his formal blacks.

Next came the make-up. Off came the blush to give an innocent quality to his cheeks. Away was the powder that paled his face and covered up bruises. On came the eye-shadow and a pair of long, black eye-lashes.

Finally, the last three, most crucial items were brought out. One long darkwood cane with a concealed dagger in it. One black bowler hat. And most precious of all, one tape of good ol' Ludwig Van.

It was all complete. Everything was there as Alex inspected himself in the mirror. But none of it, not one bit of it worked. No, it was all quite foolish, innocent and obvious... until Alex smiled.

Quietly, Alex hid his normal clothes under the floorboards. Then, without further adieu, DeLarge locked Touga's door and marched back into the night.

Time to go pay room 101 a visit.

Touga

Barely after midnight. The evening certainly wasn't young, but it was still vivacious. Touga decided it was best to avoid anywhere that Alex might be stalking tonight. And a lovely walk around campus sounded just about perfect right now. Without any particular direction, Kiryuu began to quietly walk the school grounds, seeing what entertainment the night might bring him for the next hour.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

28. - Top - End - #418

"Mickey...?" Touma frowns, biting his lip. He feels as if he's heard the name before - somewhere, somewhen. But he can't seem to remember.

He rarely remembered anymore.

"He's a magician right? Then let's go."

He stands, heading for his door.

His right hand is useless.

It can't make him do better on tests.

It can't help him hit on girls.

It can't beat down a delinquent.

But it can help this girl. His useless, unfortunate, body could help her. It could stop the person chasing her, if only for a little while. If his hand could dispel the miracles of God himself, then what was a simple magician standing in his way? He turns, and his eyes stare at the girl for a second, and he's determined, even the question in his eyes is determined.

"Are you coming or what?" they ask. They don't falter, they just ask. Are you with me? Or are you afraid?

Shiki

((CLEARLY YOU ARE ME FROM THE FUTURE BUT ALSO THE PAST))

Shiki froze for a second, tensing. His roommate had discovered that in just seconds? That was rather worrying. He still smiles and bows to Gary. "Thank you for doing that! I promise I won't trouble you too much!"

RANKU UP! Hermit Rank: 1.

He pauses momentarily as he moves his stuff over to his bed, hesitating. "Um... What's your name?"
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-03-20 at 10:08 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Pixie in the Playground

Tim Drake
    "Well don't worry. Everyone else is just as awkward as we are, if the information I have on them is anything to go by." He replies. He might have a better foundation then her, but having been home-schooled most of his life by a succession of tutors intended to sculpt him into another heir, it wasn't all that much.

"I think we have some classes in common tomorrow. I'll see you then." He gives her a little wave, then opens the door to his apartment across the hallway. "Unless you want the grand tour?" He adds, winking. "I have a bedroom, a kitchen, and it looks like a bathroom as well."

Souske
    Souske rolls, getting to his feet in the same movement, now safely in cover. Having read the paths of the bullet by paying careful attention to the barrel, he knows he's fairly safe here, so he reaches into his pocket and removes the detonator, then circles around Charlie.

The police-man is good, and has the home field advantage. At least, he did, before Souske spent an industrious three hours filling the immediate woods with traps. The kid with the pale face and dark clothes wouldn't get far without running afoul of one or another, so he had best get Charlie off his back first without compromising his identity.

Circling carefully through the undergrowth like a ghost, making not a sound, his movements steady and careful subtle enough to pass unnoticed. He emerges behind Charlie and drives his thumb into his neck, hitting his pressure point and making him collapse. It shouldn't be fatal, unless he has a pre-existing heart condition, though he's not sure. His nonfatal techniques are lacking, normally he sticks with shooting to wound. But if it does what he remembers, then Charlie should wake up tomorrow.

That taken care of, he takes a moment, and begins tracking the boy with the pale face who had been stalking Bella.

30. - Top - End - #420

Souske

Charlie goes down but the pale boy is long gone. Looks like you didn't work out so well tonight.

Touma

"No way, he's got too much going for him tonight. If you want to help me, let me stay here tonight and we'll work out something tomorrow." Alex sighs.

*** TIME SKIP ***

Student Council
    (Lelouch, Light, Kidd and Touga)

Bright and early in the morning Mily comes to your dorms and drags you to the Student Council office well before you have a chance to wake up.

"Alright. Down to business, we got a lot to do and a short time to do it. Especially since someone had to do his hair this morning..." Mily says casting an annoyed glance towards Touga.

"We have a dance to plan for Friday and as Student Council president I am going to appoint a volunteer student watch to patrol the school for suspicious persons. The incident yesterday has crushed the school's morale." She says ignoring the contradiction of appointing volunteers.

Staff Meeting
    (Smedry, Dynamite and Beast)

The Principal glares down the long table towards all of you. "If any of you know anything about these attacks you had best speak up now if you want to have any chance of teaching anywhere in this Empire ever again."

Reservation
    (Tim Drake)

You weren't sent to the school like Cass and Steph. Bruce anticipated the personal problems that might arise and instead gave you a different assignment. Your job was to keep an eye out on the reservation. It's strangely quite right now though, everyone has gathered together to honour a young man who died of a mysterious heart attack yesterday night. Kira was suspected but as usual there was no proof.

Souske

Bella slept through the whole incident yesterday she is making her way back to school now, this would be a perfect time to tail her in a cloaked arm slave.

Tomua

Alex sleeps through the night on your floor. Very well in fact, it's an hour to class and she is still out cold.

Maka

As you wake up you find Mikala already in the process of an elaborate series of exercises. "About time, I was beginning to think you were dead."

Everyone Else

Nothing plot significant is happening to you, yet this morning. Make up your own morning routine.