New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Tim

((Whoa Kallen doesn't know about Bruce, that was just narration.))

Souske

Bella groans as she turns to face you. "You again? Why are you following me?"

Light

"Okay..." She says and hangs up. A few minutes later she calls back.

"Security didn't pick up but the police are on their way."

Archer

You close your eyes and feel the dwarf carry you what seems to be only a few steps outside of the school but the sun shines brightly down upon you far brighter than it should be in the cloudy sky above Forks. You also hear the calls of unfamiliar birds. Within moments you can feel the mana flowing back into your body.

"Alright, there big guy. Kingdom of Gaea, home of dragons, robot dragons, New Atlantis, the occasional misplaced school girl and enough magic to keep you in one piece. Get off before your giant rear end gains enough mass to crush me."

Smedry

"What do you have in mind?" Charlise asks as he opens the door to the infirmary to allow you and Mikala to have a seat.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

2. - Top - End - #542
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    "Because there is a dangerous assassin following you. He might be any one of these people. And until we get positive identification on at least one of them, it's not safe to let any of them approach you." With that he removes the straight-edge razor he usually only uses for shaving, and applies the slightest amount of pressure to the throat of one Mike Newton, who had been meaning to walk up and talk to her.

Souske doesn't have much bulk, but there isn't the slightest wasted scrap on his frame. He easily overpowers the schools resident jock without even trying, the edge breaking the skin, and the slightest bead of blood slides down the blade to drip onto the boys collar. It's only superficial, but the psychological scarring, well that would take a while to heal. Souske is as closed to pleased by this development as he can get. No sooner had he explained his intentions that this boy disregarded them, allowing him to make and example. Unfortunately, he was intended for Black Ops. He's never had to do that before. He'd be in trouble, if Mellisa Mao hadn't shown him the basics a week before he was deployed.

He speaks in a quiet, undemonstrative voice he used to crack enemy agents, as the razor cuts just a little deeper. "Now, do you know why landmines are such an effective deterrent? Because they are cheep, easy to replicate, and they do not aim to kill. They do kill, but the intention is to maim and cripple. That makes a better example then a body-bag, because then the victims have to be looked after. They will be seen, and every time they are people will think about the cost of resistance. So you see why I don't just take that gun and give you two rounds rapid. That makes a poor example, reducing you to an isolated instant, nothing more then an example. Better to put you on display, so everyone can see that actions have consequences."

Threat delivered with less theatrics and cuss words then he'd been taught (matter of style), he lets the token popular guy go, and puts the razor away. "Next person to come within twenty feet of Bella without first asking for permission will have to learn to walk without kneecaps." He adds, then calmly sits back down at his table, and watches everyone shrink away, leaving Bella all alone in a rapidly widening circle.

Well, now his job would be easy.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

[Huh. That was uneventful for a Smedry Talent. Well, good on ya, Archer]

"Using Hushlander technology to our advantage." Smedry elaborates. "The librarians altered this Bella to bring all the upstable magics, powers, and arts under their control by warping their base nature. Thus whatever powers she has will not affect the principles of physics that they've worked so hard to cultivate. If we can find a way to plant some form of tracer–i.e.– a bell– on her that would allow us to determine her location in this school, we can be forewarned of her presence and work to prevent certain folks of magical inclinations from being affected by her power."

He leans forward.

"But more importantly...we'll also know if she goes anywhere unusual and important. She may be kept in an ignorant condition, but I wouldn't be surprised if her Librarian handlers have a way for her to unknowingly 'check in' for tests and observation. If she does this, we'll know. And through that knowledge, we'll be able to discover a way of rather thoroughly thwarting the plans of those tweed-wearing ruffians. Ignorance is our enemy just as much as anything else."

4. - Top - End - #544

Tim Drake

((I'm ignoring that last post since it screws over Tim and the Batgirls extensively))

"So why did Zero send you here?" Kallen asks again still waiting for an answer.

Smedry

((Wait for him to open his eyes. It'll be epic trust me.))

"That could work but it will take some time to get a small enough bug, much less to place it on her without being noticed." Charlise says as he closes the door behind himself.

"Souske Sagara, I believe he is in your next class Smedry. He's black ops, you should be able to get the hardware from him with the right persuasion." Alice adds.

Souske

Bella scoffs and storms out of the cafeteria as you threaten the jock.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Bugbear in the Playground

Harry

Harry snarls, jumping out of his chair as the mouse slices it cleanly in two, before whirling around, a single word erupting from his lips, his mouth contorting in shapes not normally possible by humans. "Fiendfyre!"

The flame erupting from his wand made the runes etched upon it pulsate a dark orange, and flames burst from the tip - dragons and phoenixes and wolves all rampaging through the room, but only for a moment, stopping to look at Harry as he grabbed the spell with his magic, and brought it under control.

"Strike."

The dragons and the phoenixes turned on Mickey without a second thought, diving towards the smaller mouse with a fury unseen in any magic Harry had ever used before. The wolves whirled around, creating a fiery circle, trapping the anthropomorphic being inside of it, as Harry walked briskly past, brushing some dust off his waistcoat. "Berserker, let's leave. This wretch seems to think that we're incapable of actually defeating him, after all."

The implication in those words, that only she heard, was clear. "...And I don't want to risk it."

Shiki

Shiki hesitated momentarily, then nodded, smiling happily at Gary. "Yeah, that sounds... nice."

Touma

Touma hesitated, and then looked up at Shirou with a slight sense of remorse in his eyes, and he bowed deeply.

"I'm sorry! This is all my fault!"

Before his eyes flashed all that he had seen today; that girl, telling him to go touch the boy's hand... and he saw the effect it had on him. That girl had told him to basically murder him. And for what? For... for... nothing!?!

"That... girl, from before. She told me to touch your hand. I didn't know it would do that! It's never done that before! Ahhh, such misfortune!"

He's holding his head in his hands, and rocking back and forth miserably. He can't think of a way to fix this, of a way to repay this boy for nearly killing him.

And yet...

There was a growl in his arm. A roar of utter rage, that wouldn't go down. It detested being tricked, despised that someone dared - dared to seduce him with promises in order to win a meager war! It was a being of unfathomable power, of unquenchable thirst! IT. COULD. NOT. BE. STOPPED.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Pixie in the Playground

Shirou
    The young wizard eyes him warily, seeing his reaction, then looks down at his hand. Sure enough, the command seal was gone. He closes his eyes and sighs, he can barely control Archer as it is, now he's lost his only bit of leverage, even if it was a pretty poor one.

"Look, it's okay. You weren't to know." He says, holding up his hands in an appeasing gesture. He doesn't like the gleam in Touma's eye. "I'm sure there is a perfectly rational explanation anyway. She probably didn't know either."

Archer
    The servant steps off the dwarf and spreads his arms, as power flows back into him. As he does, he gains weight and mass and substance and all the rest. It's only a trickle of power, only what he can absorb through the air, but it feels good to be on the mend. In about an hour, he'll be strong enough to exist again. Then, if he can find a victim to quickly regain mana from it shouldn't take him more then a week to be back at peak efficiency. The game was still, resolutely, afoot.

Then he turned to the dwarf. The man had saved him, and Archer was thankful. And he didn't allow himself to be in anyone's debt. "In a mountainous and secluded region of Scotland there is a castle called Hoggwarts. And near that is a village, more of a hamlet called Hogsmede, or more formerly as the Golden Boughs Retirement Village. Go gather a small group, and take a look. You'll find answers, about the Librarians and all the other worlds mysteries there. It's what you've been searching for since Atlantis sunk. But be careful. They're known to burn victims alive on piles of books deemed unsuitable for revision."

It was probably far more then the man was in a position to deal with, but he was beginning to understand that the Smedry's could take care of themselves.

Beast
    Dr Hank McCoy has a free period. He uses it to go through the school database to find out what he can about the students he's keeping an eye on. Where there listed addresses are, who their emergency contacts are, everything he can find.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "You do have an unconventional style. We'll have to do this again sometime." He smiled. "Check Mate in eight moves."

Light Yagami
    "Good. Now, call Sebastien again, only this time do it by his other name. I'm sure he wont ignore that." Light said. "Have him keep from making too much of a mess, and keep from anyone connecting this to us. When you've done that, meet me at the school. I have a coup I'll need your help with."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-06-10 at 10:00 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

[Hooh. This'll be interesting...]

Smedry snaps his fingers, pleased at Alice's idea.

"Nicely thought out. Of course, gaining this Souske's trust will be a bit of challenge, but a manageable one."

Smedry looks at the time.

"Knowledge what shapes our destinies. One that note, I have a field trip to organize."

Gary

Gary makes no response, but stays by your side as you walk to the lunchroom.

True Friendship.

In the meantime, he tries hacking anything nearby that looks suspicious.

9. - Top - End - #549

Panty and Stocking

It has been a quite uneventful morning and lunch period. As you sit in the cafeteria watching some mortal threaten another with a glock for approaching a girl (who promptly storms off). Eyeing potential lays, and eating most of the dessert section. A young blonde girl with her hair tied back in a pig tale and a golden pin showing a bird clutching an arrow approaches the table "Hey, can I sit with you two?"

Sabastian

You return from some hellbound errand you had to run to find several messages from Misa. It would seem her apartment is under siege by some sort of wolf like creature, in your absence Light instructed her to call the police.

Archer

As soon as you open your eyes and start to say that you find yourself starring at a large blue and green sphere in the sky. It is unmistakably Earth that you are looking at in this night sky sitting just off to the side of the moon. Even the stars are slightly off, as if you were looking at them from a different angle. Somehow you have stepped right off the face of the Earth, onto a world that shouldn't even exist, if there was a habitable world this close to home surely magic or science would have found it by now.

"Hogsmede, Hogwarts, got it. Not what I was hoping to get in exchange for this little field trip but it can go on the list." He says scribbling the information down on a tiny scroll.

Gary

As Sabastian returns to this plane you spot his cellphone messages from Misa about an abnormal wolf monster attacking her apartment. It's insane but so is everything else in the last day.

Light

"So you're not just going to have Sabastian deal with Kidd?" Ryuk asks sounding almost excited, perhaps the demon's influence has made him a little bored as well.

Beast

Bella Sawn, the Whispered lives with her Father the local Sheriff, a veteran from the 11 Campaign.

Souske Sagara, the unsubtle Mithril Agent is staying in a rented basement apartment not far from Bella's house. His emergency contacts list Sergeant Kurz Weber and Second Lieutenant Melissa Mao.

Zim is still listed as living on campus but was absent for his morning class. You might want to do something about that.

Harry

You could have thought that out better. Salem's rage only grows stronger around magic and fiendfyre is a powerful spell. She doesn't even hear your orders as she dives into the flames to attack the mouse. Mickey unable to avoid both the flaming constructs and the attacking Servant is sent flying into a wall full of lockers, two of which just so happen to have been your's and Salem's.

Smedry

"Also disarm the the third teddy bear on the second shelf of the furthest bookshelf from your classroom door. There is going to be an accident later today. I'd tell you more but I'd rather not deal with another new time line so soon." Alice warns.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2012-06-11 at 12:34 AM.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    "I used to work for a man named Mr. Revise, who is the first son of Kevin Thorne. He's the genius who invented the laws of physics and who wants to abolish superstition entirely. He also changes the histories and stories, stripping them of their darker elements until he's done away with them altogether." Archer says by way of explanation, looking down at the earth with interest. Were they in some sort of reality bubble, or parasite dimension, or was this just an optical illusion?

He thinks about it for a moment, then shrugs. It doesn't really matter, he guesses. He wasn't going to live long enough to find out. Instead he focuses on his companion. When passing time, Servants told stories. It was a habit he'd picked up from Siegfried the Dragonslayer. They didn't have to be true, a boast was just as good, but Archer had never had much talent for embellishment. It seemed better then simply waiting, and he liked the idea of one person remembering him.

"It was about a hundred years ago when he and his inner circle summoned me, and they were refining the Holy Grail War to something more suitable, something more organized. My name came up as one of the two hundred acceptable subjects, and I was taken in for processing. He took the subject, and turned them into something suitable, more to his liking. Of course, my story hasn't happened yet, as far as he could tell I'm just one limitless potential with nothing to change, much the same as a unborn child, so he didn't have any way of influencing me, and I got away." He paused. "Back then he had tigers guarding the place. By now he's probably moved up to dinosaurs."

And just like that, the story is over. He really is bad at this. "Mr Revise is still organizing things in the village, so you should find him easily enough. He's not the head of the librarians, but if you can get him you should be able to get Bookburner, and from that it shouldn't be too hard to find Thorne as well. Of course, I don't envy you if you mess it up." Archer gets to his feet, and stretches, a little thrill as he feels muscles respond. He's entirely corporeal now. Time to find a more effective source to tap.

"Don't suppose I can trouble you for a lift home?"

Beast
    Zim. Right. That. He deletes the information, wiping it clean, then erases all the other records he can find. As far as the school is concerned, the little Alien never existed, and given the way things seemed to be happening here, nobody would have time to remember him anyway.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

Light Yagami
    "No. He's going to kill himself. Just watch." Light replies, sitting back and staring into the sky, a slight, self satisfied smile on his face. "But be patient. We're both bored enough. I'd hate to spoil the surprise."

Misa Amani
    Misa Amane, by her standards, was slumming it. Her apartment was tastefully decorated with her usual, a designer yet slightly macabre look that teenagers all over the world were doing their best to imitate, only five rooms (two separate bedrooms, one which saw use whenever Light stayed over, much to her annoyance) and had to use public transport rather than a driver, she had to make requests to get invited to parties rather then automatically being begged, and she was yet to find a new band to record with (or at least, one willing to work in the states), or an agent to arrange and facilitate movies and clothing shoots. She'd thought of getting a job in clothing design, but she already had her own label and there didn't seem to be much point.

Light Yagami had put her career on hold. Possibly indefinitely. But that didn't matter to her, she was doing something more important with him. She and him would deliver a new world, and media attention was nothing to the thrill she experienced every time she thought of that. To be envied and desired was one thing, but what she had now was to be feared and worshiped, something else entirely.

And now, as there always were, a risk. And not an easy one to deal with. She took a deep breath, then went to her desk and got a ballpoint pen. Then she reached down, beneath scattered papers, and removed a little notebook bound in black faux-leather. Then she got ready to take a gamble.

She went over to her door and put her ear against it, listening for the scraching or breathing that would signal it was there. Of course, it didn't do her any good if it wasn't. She had to catch a glimpse of the wolf to work this, and still keep it away from her long enough to use her note. She takes a deep breath, grabs something heavy, then opens the door a crack, trying to catch something she can use. As she does, her eyes change from their normal ocean blue to a yellow, slitted like a cats. Shinigami eyes.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-06-11 at 01:30 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kidd, Liz, and Patti

As they walk away Liz looks at Kidd and when they are out of earshot she says, "Your not really going to meet him there are you? I mean the only way it could be more obvious is if it were underlined in big bold letters, 'hint: it's a trap!'"

Kidd looks at her with a cool stare as he says, "Of course I know it's a trap. I also know that Light has already formed contingency plans for if I do or don't show up. However we still have one thing that slightly tips the cards in our favor."

Liz looks surprised at that as Patti speaks up and says, "He doesn't about Maka right?"

Kidd pats her head as he says, "That's right Patti. Which is why I'm going to need you guys to do me a huge favor. At their confused looks Kidd explains, "Ryuk is a Shinigami like me. While we work in different divisions there is still the fact that Ryuk likes to be entertained. So it is possible that Light will know about you and your abilities. So I'm going to need you girls to stay home."

Immediately he hears protests from both girls and sliences them with a single hand gesture as he says, "I know you two don't like it but I can't risk you two. Besides I'm not that easy to kill. Besides if he is there I want to two to guard Boomer for tonight. When we meet with Maka at the Cafeteria I'm going to ask her to find one Misa Amane and hopefully she will be able to cut off one of Light's resources. She is the best person to do this because should she come across Light's little guard dog Sebastion the Anti-Demon wavelength her soul carries should give her an advantage against him. Plus with the protection I've extended to her the Deathnote should not have any affect on her. Should she succeed Light will have to operate without a pair of Shinigami eyes. Unfortunately this will also make him more alert, but easier to deal with in the long run."

With that finished the three of them then proceed to lunch.

Maka and Soul

Maka watches Rosealie with the eyes of a hawk, watching her every move to see if she would threaten her charge. Soul was also watching Rosaliee, but with the eyes of a dog. Watching her every move for pure visual pleasure. At least until Maka crunched his toes under her boot heel.

That would be the point where Kidd entered the cafeteria and headed straight for them after making sure Light wasn't around. He would then start conversing with her to tell her of the plan and how it would work. Maka nodded once to show understanding and consent while not taking her eyes off her charge. Kidd then nodded and went to go sit elsewhere with Liz and Patti. After all if they hung out too much Light might start to suspect something.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    "So what is it you expected to get from me?" He asks curiously as they wander around waiting for Kazan Smedry's talent to kick in. "Because I am extremely grateful, and if there is anything you want from me you just have to ask."

14. - Top - End - #554

Sebastian
    Sebastian chuckles as he runs his palm over his (currently blood-stained) face, Oh, Hastur what did you take me away from? He slips on an overcoat while dialing in a call to Miss Amane,

Hello, Miss Amane? Is this message still accurate?

Panty and Stocking
    Eh? Sure, whatever. Panty looks up for a brief moment from a magazine, surprisingly not about men but rather cars, What's with the pin?

Stocking silently watches the two of them while savoring a slice of cake topped with strawberry. It was good.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

15. - Top - End - #555

Misa

The wolf does in fact have a name hanging over it's head when looked upon with Shinigami eyes it has a life span too of a sort. The date of it's death is set for yesterday which makes sense since it's name is Jacob Black, one of the criminals Kira killed last night.

Also your cell is ringing, it's Sebastian returning your calls finally.

Panty and Stocking

"It's a token from home. From Area 12." The girl explains.

Looking at her more you can't help but think that you saw her somewhere before maybe on TV, one of those reality tv shows.

Archer

"Not that your information hasn't been helpful big guy but I was hoping for something a little more immediate. Like for example, why what should be a routine infiltration has Levanworth calling me in to save a Heroic Spirit, and getting the Free Kingdoms' mirror network raided by a new enemy with seemingly no ties to the Librarians?" He asks. Before you can answer him a large reptilian foot stomps down on some nearby trees.

"Oh, the dragon hunt has begun. This is a bad place to be, let's get a move on." He grabs your arm and leads you into the forest. A few turns down the path and you find yourself standing in a barren foggy street. If it weren't for the faint smell of rotten flesh floating through the fog and the dark sensation oozing through the mana you'd be forgiven for mistaking this Forks.

"Well this isn't too good but we'll be safe as long as you have no crisis of morality and hidden pasts to work out."

Maka and Soul

Rosalie spots the Shinigami watching her and makes a run for the door of the cafeteria.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Pixie in the Playground

[Evil Librarian Infodump]

Spoiler
    Show

The original Librarian was named Biblioden...although that might not have been his real name.

And in the Librarianverse, Dinosaurs aren't extinct, are several times smaller than how they're depicted in museums, dress in academic suits, have British accents, and are useless. Really, really useless. Everyone finds them annoying.

Otherwise...this canon you're coming up with really cool, Draxx.

Who is Kevin Thorne, by the way?

Leavenworth Smedry

Leavenworth nods politely.

"Will do."

Inwardly, he's truly deeply fascinated. Because this...this is the rarest of all rare gems.

An ideal oracle. A woman possessed of the power to see fate...but who is not cursed to see her predictions unavoidably come to pass. A prophet who can actually use her abilities to do good.

...He can't let the Librarians get their hands on her. More than they already have.

"After I've concluded my business here...would you like to come the Free Kingdoms?"

Gary

Gary notes it with some trepidation.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Pixie in the Playground

[Fables Infodump]

Spoiler
    Show

Kevin Thorn is the second of the literals, the anthromorphic personifications that represent literary devices. He is the most powerful (other then Dex (Deus Ex Machina), and Gary the Pathetic Fallacy - who is an anthropomorphic personification of anthropomorphic personifications and therefore obscenely powerful), and he represents the writer itself, thus able to make whatever he wants happen (claiming poetic license).
    Mr Revise and Bookburner are his sons, Bookburner representing the destruction of stories (hence the name), Mr Revise representing the stories gradually becoming more suitable for modern generations (editing out pagan subtext and mentions of incest to start with, with the eventual goal of eliminating all superstition entirely as a long term goal, and making us into wanky rationalists).
    Of course, Mr Revise doesn't just stick to stories. He changes societies and the laws of physics to his specifications as well. He's working on cutting pi to 3, no decimal places. But he is also the only reason that the world is stable enough for their to be any sort of reason to it at all, without him Kevin would have nothing to stabilize him about what can happen and what cannot, and would claim poetic license a lot more often.
    There's also the Page sisters, who represent organization, and are probably what started the whole library theme going.

Archer
    "You could just ask your father that." He replied reasonably. "He's got a far better idea about all of that tangled series of events than me." He replies, then the dragon arrives and he flinches. Once. But Archer does not back down, even running on empty like he is.

Kazan Smedry grabs at him, to find he's not there. Archer has stood up and, gritting his teeth, summons every scrap of energy he's managed to draw into himself, every fragment of power, and creates a pair of blades. It's about then that Smedry realizes that Archer honestly intends to fight and kill the dragon.

Archer faces it squarely, with two blades. Ascalon rests comfortably in his right hand. A long time ago, a boy in white took it, and through his deeds made it legendary. His name was Saint George, and he used it to kill dragons, when he didn't use his bare hands. The sword has not forgotten it's purpose, and even this reflection, this copy wants to be put to use. Gram appears in his left hand, heavy and built of black iron, but just as eager and keen and hungry for blood as the other.

"I'm sorry. But I'd rather kill a dragon then deal with my personal demons. For one thing, the dragon will probably put up less of a fight." Then he didn't say anything else. He was a weak servant, as servants went, and he'd always made up for it by cheating. But now, well now he was a long way from even being the man who'd dueled Sebastien. Time to reach down and find out how much of the man he'd become had been left in him, and how much had bled out with the rest of his power.

"Don't like the look of it?" He asks the dragon mockingly. "Well they like the look of you. Come get a taste, carving a hole out of you a foot wide will be the first good thing that's happened to me all day."
    Last edited by Draxx; 2012-06-11 at 11:14 PM.

18. - Top - End - #558

Panty and Stocking
    Panty nods absentmindedly, her body bent so that, even focused on the magazine, she's still showing off to people around her. Uh-huh. So, what's up with the gunplay in this school? Someone dead and f***ed, or f***ed and dead?

Stocking looks up from the cake, Area 12? You mean where they were keeping all the hive minded bug creatures?
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

Misa Amani
    "Sebastien? Yes! There appears to be a zombie wolf the size of a car outside my apartment. Help? Please?" She says in a voice that is slightly shrill, pushing the heaviest thing she can find against the door, which unfortunately is a chair that weighs maybe twenty kilos. If the wolf can knock down the door, it's not going to have much trouble with the chair. Besides, the door opens outwards. Indeed, the chair was only moved for the illusion of pro-activity.
    Then, options exhausted, she opens her book. 'Jacob Black, Forty Seconds.' She writes, doing her best to visualize both the good-looking, muscular native American, and the wolf poking outside her door right now simultaneously, since she had no idea which one is actually his face. 'Brain Aneurism.'
    Misa hasn't prayed since her parents died. Indeed, she hasn't since she was almost raped by a stalker outside a studio at the age of fifteen (and would have likely been killed, if not for a shinigami's most bizarre intervention). But she gets a hysterical desire to do so as she feels the claws scratching at her door, and starts pacing desperately, to burn off nervous energy.
    This can't be happening. People are supposed to die when you kill them. And yet, vengeance from beyond the grave does have a certain poetry...
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #560

Sebastian
    Hmmm, I'll be there as quickly as possible, Ms.Amane. Can you give me any distinguishing marks about the wolf, beyond zombie? Sebastian chuckles as he starts his run to her apartment. Zombie? Interesting. He couldn't think of a brand of undead wolf. That implied something else at work- possessed corpse, perhaps? A demon acting through a wolf body?

Sebastian was no stranger to the supernatural...well, he was a demon, so that was given. Still, his tendency towards long-term contracts and his...qualifications for a proper master meant that he came into conflict with a large number of supernatural beasties. Angels, Reapers, Empowered-Humans, Ghosts and a host of others. None were particularly threatening...with exceptions. That spirit from before had been stronger than anything he had expected to meet- and the witch before that. Something very odd was about, and odd did make for a great time.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

Misa
    "Ah, Light killed him yesterday?" She offered, sounding increasingly agitated as the visitation failed to drop dead. "He wasn't a wolf then, of course. Does that narrow it down at all?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #562

Sebastian
    Hmmmm, it encourages a few possibilities. Almost certainly some kind of possession then- unless his kind were immune to the touches of the Death Note? It's possible his kind are capable of regeneration even in their human form and perhaps recovered. If it assuages you I am on my way and Lord Yagami's orders to protect you still stand.

An interesting contrast, Phantomhive and Light. Ciel too had a bubbly-blonde love. One who he treated with as much, if not more coldness than he did the staff. Certainly far colder than he was to his demon servant. And yet...underneath that, he would often go along with her plans. She served a purpose in his heart, a happiness he had denied himself.

On the surface, Yagami was far kinder to Ms.Amane. Theirs was a whirlwind courtship, not without its flaws, but certainly far happier...but that was only skin deep. No, that wasn't the right phrase- both were more content with the arrangement than Ciel and Lizzy. However, between revenge and Lizzy...Ciel could not bring himself to choose revenge if it meant hurting her. Yagami certainly expressed what little love he had better...and could toss his lover away with not a sad thought.

So interesting, these humans. So much more fun than those down below, so sunken into a 'of one mind' group-think.
    Last edited by doliest; 2012-06-12 at 08:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

23. - Top - End - #563

Misa and Sebastian

Nothing happens from Misa writing his name a second time in the note. It would seem Jacob's humanity has been worn away.

Panty and Stocking

"The twelfth Area of the Britannian Empire, home of the Appalachian mountains." The girl says skeptically.

"You're not from around here either are you?"

Smedry

"You could get us passage?" Charlise asks suspiciously. "We have been trying to get into Briarwood for fifty years."

Briarwood, was something of a halfway between Casablanca and a refugee camp between the Kingdoms and Hushland. To be turned down from getting in there is rather unusual.

Archer

Amazingly a few steps backwards puts you back on Earth's invisible forest moon and out of the foggy demonic midwest. Evidently there is some kind of dimensional distortion in the Smedry talents.

The dragon doesn't even seem to notice you. In fact it's much more engaged by what could have been it's twin, if only it was made of steel and had a visible cockpit. Some kind of dragon based mecha.

"The danger was less the dragon itself and more being stepped on by it or it's hunter. Happens every year about this time when it comes time to harvest the hearts."

24. - Top - End - #564

Panty and Stocking
    Nope. Out of town-wayyyyy out of town. Moved out here in the boonies for a job, which, at this rate, is never going to get done.

Panty! It's not the boonies. It's the middle of nowhere.

They grin at each other before looking back at the girl.

What's a Britannian Empire, anyway?
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

Misa
    "No, Light and I experimented. Even if he could regenerate back to perfect health, he'd be left permanently catatonic. So definitely supernatural then?" She goes to the kitchen, then unable to find what she's looking for, instead goes to the bathroom, gets a box of bath salts and makes a crude circle around herself. She has no idea if it will help, but it's all she can think of, and Misa likes to be proactive.
    "What should I do in the meantime?" Hanging up would be a bad idea, she's very nearly hysterical, and without you to vent at she'll probably do something stupid. Misa's fine killing people at a distance, but not cut out for this sort of work.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #566

Sebastian
    My current theory runs that his corpse is being possessed by another being to carry out its' whims. Demonic seems traditional, but given the area it might be a local spirit...as for the moment, I would recommend maintain your calm, keeping your eyes focused on the area around you, and talking to me about something else. How was your day, for example, or perhaps what you plan to do tomorrow?

Keep moving forward; keep her calm- a butler must keep her safe in all aspects, physical and psychological. Not at all proper to let her go into a hysterical breakdown.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ogre in the Playground

Misa
    Glancing at the door, she swallowed, then tried to focus. It was hard, it all suddenly seemed so irrelevant. "Well, it went fairly well. I had lunch with some girlfriends, I talked to O'Brien about some new designs, but didn't get much work done. It looks like I'm not going to have much of a career on this side of the ocean."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #568

Sebastian
    That's too bad; perhaps I could offer some aid in that department? What kind of Yagami family butler would I be if I couldn't help ensure a model's career succeeds across the seas? A chuckle there; keep her from focusing on the monster- it's like keeping someone dying alive, you've got to focus them on the future; make it clear they WILL have one. What about tomorrow, what are you planning on doing?
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

Misa
    "Light wants me to help kill the other shinigami. The one going to his school. I'm supposed to make sure his friends die as well." She sighed. "I know their names, and their faces, but the note probably won't work, so I am going to have to get creative. I have a few ideas..." She paused.
    "Breakthrough." She said, a little breathlessly, and opened her book again.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-06-12 at 11:46 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Maka and Soul

Maka gave a brisk nod to Kidd to tell him to watch over Boomer while she went after her target. Kidd returned it in understanding while she and Soul calmly left the cafeteria. After the closed the doors behind them they broke out into a run. Maka activated her Soul Perception as they ran and used it to keep track of Rosalie's Kishin Egg soul as they ran after her.

Maka was a highly athletic girl and the Physical Education class and the DWMA was brutal. So it said something that she was second best in the female portion of the class. If Rosalie was trying to keep a low profile while in the school it shouldn't be hard to catch up to her.