New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Archer
    The servant is not listening to the explanation. He's busy watching his prey, focussing himself and preparing for the fight. He'd never missed in his life, and wasn't going to start now. The Dragon's eye wasn't a difficult target. It was bigger then he was, with his arms outstretched, and not even far away. He'd cut the wings off a hummingbird, and deflected bullets midflight. Even in his weakened state, it was an easy shot.

Time seemed to slow. His mind emptied and calmed. He drew back his left arm, with what seemed to him to be with incredible slowness. The dragon's head started to descend. He compensated for the movement, aimed where the eye was moving to, then took a final deep breath. When he does explode into motion, it's almost shocking. Archer strikes in a blur of motion, throwing Gram with pinpoint accuracy.

Gram was a sword intended for a champion. It was not an elegant thing, rather it was old black iron, over-sized intended for a big man, of strength and fitness far superseding his own. But nonetheless it flew straight and true, to that big glowing orb, the one fortunate chink in it's otherwise impenetrable armor.

And as the weapon flew, Archer moved with it, running low along the ground, avoiding it's metal adversary, Ascalon now held in both hands. He's going to kill it, cut out it's heart, and thus restore himself, and he doesn't care who tries to stop him or get in his way. Dragons were one of the most magical beings in existence, sort of Efreet, and their power was channeled from their red-hot hearts, giving them the forge that burned within them. Why do you think there were so many uses for Dragons blood? Because it channeled their magic, and kept it's properties. Why, didn't wizards channel power through dragon heartstrings in Rowan wood? Besides, killing dragons is what mythic heroes straight from the hoary mists of legend were for.

The dragon's mouth gapes opens very, very wide, jaws distending and unhinging like some titanic adder. A sickening gurgle rises from someplace deep within it's chest, and the monster spews forth a seething ball of fire, but Archer avoids it, changing directions suddenly so that it hits nothing but empty ground. He avoided it, but even from where he stands Archer can feel the heat.

Cheated of it's kill, the dragon roars again in anger and agony, turning to look for it's tormenter with it's only remaining eye. Without even consciously realizing what he was doing, he found himself again running towards the mighty beast. His path took him too an outcrop and a desperate flying leap took him right on top of the dragon's skull.

The dragon ripples the muscles along it's back, as it resumes grappling with the mecha, who had taken advantage of it's momentary distraction to lay on. The sudden, violent movement almost throws Archer off, almost causes him to drop the sword as he struggles for purchase on the beasts knobby spine. Then he righted himself, and bared his teeth. The dragon was lashing around in a frenzy. It's tail cracked the air like a whip. It's wings drummed like thunder. It lashed out with a claw that would have swatted Archer like a fly were he still anywhere near where he'd been before.

Archer regained his balance, standing atop it's head unaided. The runes on the blade blazed bright with deadly potency. He summoned all his strength and drove downwards, even as he felt the dragon rear beneath him.

The deadly magic that had been woven into it by the power of a great mans actions enabled the blade to pass through scale and flesh. There was resistance as enchanted steel met the bones of the skull. Archer leaned forward with all his weight, the blade twisting in his hands, aiding him. In a moment, the blade was through, and three feet of saint George's sword were lodged in the dragon's brain.

The dragon gave one last deadly bellow, and it's whole body spasmed reflexively. Archer felt a sickening surge of acceleration, as it's neck uncoiled and and the ground receded beneath him. He was almost thrown clear. The fall would kill an ordinary man, Archer thought, as the ground rushed up to meet him. This was not such a good idea.

Every tiny fraction of him felt agonizing. He doubted he could crawl, let alone stand. He felt drained. Most of the good this place had done him had been erased by his exertion. But he also felt triumphant. It was a pained, low sort of triumph, true, but still all the better for that. Now if he could just cut out its heart and eat it raw, he'd be good. Ascalon had vanished with a grateful sigh, it's task done, and he didn't have the energy to create another sword, or even call it back.

It's about then it occurs to him that the other hunter might try to stop him, and if he did the best he could hope to do is bluff. Really didn't think this through too well after all.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    "It's like she's not even listening to me." He said to himself as she left the room. He was gratified to notice she was getting such a wide berth everyone else fighting to get out of her way, but that didn't change the fact she was needlessly putting herself at risk. If she didn't learn to take some simple precautions, he'd have to follow her everywhere she went.

That in mind, he gets up to do that, drawing his gun as he does. A bodyguards work in a hostile environment was never done.

Tim Drake
    "Right now I'm just supposed to keep an eye on you, and make sure everything goes smoothly. But he thought you'd need a man with my connections at a later date." He smiled, a little self consciously. "Like with everything else, it's not what you know, it's who you know."

He looked down at his hand thoughtfully. "I'm not an aristocrat, I can't pilot a knightmare frame, and I've never been in a battle, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a career far longer then you'd guess. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like the ones I usually have to deal with."

He then looks up at her. "The two of us alone, however, are nowhere near enough to topple a regime, even if I can acquire everything we need. First we're going to have to look at recruiting allies with talents of their own."

He's run underground cells on his own before. How much harder can teenage terrorists be, compared to what he is used to?

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Touga
    'Checkmate in...?' Touga looks at the board. His fellow player is right. Checkmate. Several. He's faster. Touga mutters as Lelouch walks off, "A good strategy. I'll just have to think faster around you." The swordsman stands up and straightens his back. He needs a little relief after his... unforeseen surrender. Perhaps there will be some lovely flowers he can pluck in the garden. And some roses, too.

Alex
    ... Who the Hell is this and why are they right? If this is from Touga, it's in bad taste, but the kind of bad taste that is in good taste, making it simply bad. End of the World. What kind of name is that? Is it even a name?

But those thoughts don't last Alex wrong, because whatever sent the letter has a point. There has been a distinct lack of mayhem here. The shortage of chaos is starting to get to him. It's getting hard to stay in character during the day.

Heh.

Maybe that's a good thing. This whole school is filled to the brim with freaks, but they're the ones on top. Alex, average student with average looks and average tastes; he's garbage. He's dust in the wind. But Alex DeLarge? Now that's somebody he can look up to. So let's get rid of this mask. Let's scrub it raw with blood and fire. And first, that calls for supplies.

Alex grabs the nearest thing in a uniform and asks whatever unfortunate soul he just grasped, "You. Where would a body go looking if he were to procure various sundry goods for acts of ne'er-do-wellery and joyous pains-givings?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

4. - Top - End - #574
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tim Drake

"What? This was just for intelligence gathering until the Knights had made more of a foothold in China or Japan. Setting up a full cell in Britannia itself is just asking for them to come down on us in full force." Kallen says shaking her head.

"I'm not even supposed to think of taking any recruits until Zero sends a personal instructions."

Souske and Maka

Seconds after Rosealie and Bella clear the doors Edward Cullen comes down the halls to block them. Preventing either of you from going any further.

"I can't let the either of you jeopardize Bella's safety like this."

Sebastian

The ground floor of Misa's apartment has been torn apart by something very large and clawed. The guards' corpses lie discarded around the lobby. As you approach so does a police car containing the local Sheriff.

"What the hell is going on here?" He asks as he sees you. Demon or no demon, standing in this kind of carnage will make you a suspect.

Panty and Stocking

"Right, well I am not here to give you two a history lesson I am here to pass on a message. I work for some very powerful people who do not want any more extra planar interference in their project. Report the demons dead and go home before they have to take extreme measures." Katniss warns, her eyes shifting into yellow cat-like things. They are not human but not quite demonic.

Alex

The young blue haired boy you grabbed stammers something about the reservation and how it's where his buddy Lelouch goes for gambling, they probably have other illegal things there too. He also begs you to please not hurt him.

Touga

You approach the green house to much dismay. It is ill kept, home to more illicit plants than actual crops or flowers. The one remaining rose bush looks like it is barely clinging to it's life at all.

A young girl in a wheel char sits in the middle of the disaster quietly humming to herself. Her face bares a certain resemblance to Lelouch, possibly a younger sister. Memories of Namami and her refusal to join you at your new school come flooding back.

Archer

Krazan sighs as you move to strike the beast. Revise and the Bookburner have long since culled the true lineage of the great beasts of old. Dragons as they exist today are little more than dinosaurs with some elemental abilities. It does not take to your attacks well but has difficultly hitting such a small, fast moving target.

In it's distraction it finds itself shoved by the mechanical monster into a cliff wall waiting vulnerably for a coup de grace.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2012-06-15 at 05:34 PM.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

5. - Top - End - #575
    Pixie in the Playground

Tim Drake
    Perfect. She just gave him the perfect opening. "Zero has had a change of priorities. After due consideration, he doesn't see any chance of overthrowing this regime without bringing down all of Brittania. Which is why he wants us to go ahead afterall. Brittania is a tremendous empire, but it still has finite resources. And every soldier deployed here to stabilize America is one not deployed in Japan."

"Sometimes in chess, you have to risk a pawn or two to lure the opponent into a more vulnerable position. Hence the reason for small cells being set up in America aiming for subversive tactics."

Souske
    "Agreed. Which is why I must stick close to her at all times, agent Cullen." He says earnestly. He even salutes. Huh, cover identity isn't going to be enough with this idiot running around. "I can assure you, as long as I have her under my watch nobody will dare try anything." He brandishes his gun for emphasis.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Misa
    The growls and scratchings were bad, but the silence? That's worse. She keeps on turning her head over her shoulder, as though expecting to find it's somehow already made it's way in and circled behind her.
    Giving up on the dubious protection of the circle, she makes her way over to the drinks cabinet and takes out a bottle of gin, then pours herself a small glass of liquid courage. Then she makes it a large glass of liquid courage, and then just takes the bottle. She's done her job for Light, and so now she's got nothing to do but wait for Sebastien, or the undead wold, to get in. And she can't stand the waiting, she needs something to do...

Light
    "Now I suppose I'd better find out more about my prey, while he still lives. We don't need to get all of his accomplices in one night, since what happens will put them on the defensive, but I do need to know about them all. I don't want to keep this sword hanging over my head longer then I absolutely have to." He's nearly a god, and he's had a chance for immortality dropped in his lap by a chance encounter. He does not intend to lose all that due to an oversight.
    He thinks a moment. "I could use Sebastien, except I need him elsewhere. You'd refuse if I was stupid enough to ask you, and Misa can't remain anonymous for long. So I need to bring in yet another piece." He taps his chin thoughtfully, then stands up. "Misa will have already called the police. Perhaps it's time me and the sheriff met."

Lelouch
    He looks down at the board as Touga leaves, then moves the pieces through the last few moves, until the king is inevitably trapped. Black pieces are victorious again. Then he sits back for a moment and thinks.
    Lelouch is a man of singular vision, which is both a strength and a weakness. He has a great and powerful intellect, but it runs on rails and is therefore almost impossible to steer. Once he's decided on his course, there is little anyone or anything can do to distract or get him to change direction.
    And this school? This school is a tangled place. Demons and angels and whatever the hell the man with white-hair is, conspiracy theories and magic in the corridors. Even he couldn't hope to remain on course, given the circumstances. There was too much else going on.
    And the only person who seems to know what is going on is Smedry. He's reluctantly accepted that the old man isn't just a lone nut, but that doesn't mean his organization is correct. Lelouch is an objectivist, though you shouldn't hold this against him, and quite prepared to accept that everyone can be equally wrong. Just because an idea is so popular it becomes an institution does not mean it's correct.
    For the moment, he's going to sit back and observe. Try and get a hand on measures, and figure out what the hell is going on. The Brittanian Empire will still be there when he's done sorting all this out.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-06-16 at 10:21 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Pixie in the Playground

Response to Infodump

Spoiler
    Show
    You know, these two settings really mesh together quite well. It only makes sense that these anthropomorphic personas would be running the Evil Librarians.

We are so awesome in this regard.

I'm also waiting for characters from Read or Die to make an entrance

Smedry

"You haven't been able to make it there?" Smedry notes with surprise.

He then frowns.

"I'm not going to jump to any conclusions: but I'm guessing that some dramatic event happened to prevent the border guard and Crystallia Knights from admitting you, beyond the usual 'Ah! Bloodsuckers! Scary' reasons."
    Last edited by Colesign; 2012-06-17 at 01:07 AM.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Right. Well, Kevin Thorne thinks he's an anchorman thanks to Mr. Revise carefully editing his life (believe me, that's for the best), The Free Kingdoms are made up of Kevin Thorn's old side projects that Mr. Revise is doing his best to marginalize. Unfortunately (for him), he's not so great at dealing with generalities, so their technology, nonsensical and contrary to the editors view of the world though it may be, more or less goes on because he can't easily isolate it, and the librarians work predominately for his brother Bookburner, with the three Page sisters as his primary lieutenants.

Of course, the other problem is that Revise isn't all that bad a guy. He's more a snarky, distinguished old man who's annoyed he's not living in a rational world then anything. Unless he sees you as a problem and applies an eraser to you, then his world is much, much better to live in then the alternative, and if you did try to confront him he'd just point that out, that the free kingdoms are simply being contrary for the sake of it, and that the knowledge they are trying to protect is unwanted and uninspired. Which to be fair, is more or less true, if you aren't living in a comedy (which we more or less aren't) the Free Kingdoms makes it all a it farcical (Lelouch would agree).

Now I don't know about you, but to me this sort of attitude doesn't exactly scream antagonist. Of course, it's all up to Darkblade, but I suspect that things will get very bad very quickly if Cracklord's theory of Randall Dowling being back has any truth.

Archer
    "Terrible, what passes for a dragon these days." Archer mutters, lying back on the ground, closing his eyes, and waiting for his strength to start coming back. The dragon had a sword driven into it's brain, and said sword was as deadly to it's kind as could be. Even one of the dragons from the ancient sagas wouldn't live long in that condition, let alone this poor thing.

Then again, Archer does not look good himself. Not at all. He looks at Kazzan, and it's all he can do to lift his head and focus his eyes, as the Mecha crushes the body against the cliff, making sure it's well and truly expired. "So, don't suppose you have any idea how to get a heart out of a dead dragon? I'm sure you could use another favor..."

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Touga

Touga looks over the garden, wistfully recalling his last conversation with Nanami...

~*~*~*~

"What do you mean you're not coming with me?"

"I mean I'm not coming with you to the new school. I will be going elsewhere."

"But why?"

"... You really have the gall to ask me that?"

"The Rose Duels are behind us. What could possibly be left?"

"You tried to seduce me."

"It was in the heat of a moment. I misread your signals."

"You sent me into battle for your own honor."

"You did marvelously. You should be proud for doing almost as well as me."

"You poisoned my friends against me."

"And now you know they weren't very good friends."

"You lied to me about our parents for years."

"It never really seemed relevant. All that mattered was that you were my sister."

"And worst of all, you had the audacity to fall in love... with her."

"... That is my weakness to bear."

"Disgusting. I am going, Touga. Too much has happened for us to go back to how we once were. I have already asked Mother and Father. They're sending me to study abroad for a while."

"I beg you to reconsider. It's not too late."

"Maybe. But ask yourself this, brother. If tomorrow, you had another chance, if you had the opportunity to go back and fight again, would you?"

"..."

"Goodbye, dear brother. I love you, and I will miss you. Perhaps there is hope for both of us yet."

~*~*~*~

Touga stares at the lone rosebush. He sighs to himself, "This is disgraceful. I will have to put a committee on this immediately. How can you come to a place like this?"

Alex
    "Right-o, thanks for the buzz. But see, I'm at a bit of an impasse, if you catch me. I can't not hurt you, 'cause can't leave any witnesses. I mean, if you go blabbin' your pretty little blue head off to everyone that a bloke wanted to know about this here reservation, I'd be in right mess, now wouldn't I? So that's a problem. But maybe you aren't a witness! Because there's always two kinds of people. Old law of duality. There's victims and victors, predator and prey, smug snakes and little church mice, and now, a doer and a done-to. I need a partner in crime, just an extra set of hands, and you're as good as any, Blue John. So how 'bout it? Which are you? Are you a fox or a chicken?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

10. - Top - End - #580

Archer

"It's not ours to take." Krazen explains as the mecha reaches out and stabs it's claws into the Dragon's chest to extract the organ itself.

"The Kingdom of Gaea elects it's King by taking those in line and seeing who can slay a dragon and return with it's heart. You just made that pilot a very lucky Prince."

He steps back into the woods. "Come along now then. I'll try to avoid Silent Hill this time."

Touga

"Oh, I didn't hear you come in." The young girl says turning her wheelchair to face you. Up gently closed manner of her eyes makes it clear, she is blind, unable to open them and see the ruins this garden has fallen to.

"Is it really that bad?"

Alex

"Ma-My name is Rivalz and I'll help you. I helped Lelouch set up his games, I could help you if you really want." The boy stammers. He's afraid of you but he seems to at least know his way around here, he also has the school seal on his uniform marking him as a member of Touga's precious student council. He could be of use if he doesn't wet himself.

Smedry

"We spent the better part of the Twentieth century in a Librarian holding facility, being the lab rats that would allow them to create Bella. Alice, Esme Emmette and I escaped before the final stages of the transformation. The rest of my family was not so fortunate and are now slaves to the Librarians." Charlise explains.

"Briarwood wouldn't risk us having sleeper commands implanted during the experiments."

Souske and Maka

"You're driving her off and missed this threat to her." Edward explains pointing towards Maka.

Tim Drake

"What about the Bats? This is there territory. We all saw what happened to the Joker anarchist clan and Deathstroke's mercenaries. Before we have the cells set up we'll be down to our necks in cheap novelty shuriken." Kallen asks.

Light

You are in luck that you happen to have a free period and can go stop by to see the police in action if you hurry. There is even a convenient cab waiting outside for you.

Misa

A random thought crosses your mind as you look into the liquor cabinet. Jacob was Native Britannian. A once mighty people brought down by a combination of superior arms, bad treaty negotiation and alcoholism. If they truly had beasts like this at their disposal than one of those must have had something to do with them not being common anymore.

The weapons is unlikely, it made it this far past armed guards. That leaves treaties and liquor as possible weaknesses. You don't have any treaties and it likely wouldn't sign any right now anyways but you have a whole lot of booze on hand.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    "Actually, Silent Hill sounds good." He replied, sighing, as he watches his fastest chance of getting back to what he should be vanish. "I could do with beating up manifestations of my considerable issues. Better and cheaper than therapy anyway." He's joking, but only a little bit. He's beginning to sink back into his usual black depression, that had inspired him to attempt to undo his own life in the first place.

Here he was, with an ambition as old as human civilization (technically, anyway), and he's too powerless to do more then watch and get angry occasionally because some teenager tried to kill his younger self. And what's worse, she messed it up. It was like the universe was trying to thwart his suicide by paradox.

He shakes his head, and follows the Smedry wherever he leads, and tries to remind himself he still cares. It's harder then usual.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sebastian
    Ahh, excuse me officer, it appears that something quite horrible has taken place here, and, indeed, is still taking place. An officer of the law? He could kill him and chock it up to the monster...not difficult...however, given how many supernaturals were running around it would not be unexpected that this man was more than he appeared. Best to throw him at the wolf first.

Panty and Stocking
    Heheheh. That's funny. She slaps the odd-eyed girl on the back, You think we can lie to the big guy? Yeah- no. We're stuck here until we do our job.

Whatever that is anymore.

Yeah. Though, if you want us gone, it probably means blowing up your base and killing your dudes.

Sounds accurate. Would you point us in the direction of your base?
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

Misa
    Raw terror, like fatigue or desperation, has a way of making the worst decisions seem like good ones, simply because to do nothing seems far more terrible. Though perhaps the gin she's already consumed on an empty stomach is contributory.
    She'd like to fight, she'd prefer to fight, but she doesn't have a clue how to actually do it. Her first thought was improvising some molotov cocktails and tossing them into the hallway, except enough of her common sense remains to tell her that she has no idea how to improvise them, and if she gives it a go she's standing a far better chance of blowing off her own right hand. And that won't do much to help either.
    Her second thought was trying to escape, except that she's in the penthouse suit (which on a six story apartment block is quite high up) and the fire escape is over near the elevator, down the hallway. So without any chance to fight, flee or, apparently, hide (it had somehow found her despite never having any contact with her before), she was left with few options. And if she did let it get away, she ran the risk of it passing on it's knowledge to somebody else, and ruining their carefully orchestrated secrecy.
    So that left trying to reason, tempt or otherwise charm her way out of the situation until it revealed a weak-spot she could exploit. She could try to seduce it (if it was human enough to have a name, address, and criminal record it was human enough to be attracted to Misa Amani) or otherwise try to get it to lower it's guard.
    Misa opens the door a crack, then waves the half-full bottle enticingly at the wolf, and hoped it was very easily distracted.
    It's then that disaster hits. Like many single ladies in a place where they have no real friends (and of course, Misa had only ever had a few close girl friends for the simple reason that she'd been a career girl, and once she'd become famous Misa Amani became a mask), so she'd gotten a pet. She wasn't a dog person, so she'd decided on a black kitten named Precious.
    Misa wasn't dealing with the pressure all that well, but Precious was terrified. The second the door started to open he ran out like a shot, into the hallway.

Light Yagami
    He has an hour or two. That should be quite enough time to manipulate the sheriff into letting him pull his strings long enough to set things up. He takes his satchel, steps into the taxi and asks to be driven to the station, acting polite but taciturn and unobtrusive. He'd rather nobody noted this more then inevitable.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-06-21 at 05:26 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I'd disagree that the Free Kingdoms are pointless. Oh, they are very flawed: they're more chaotic, and their subject's antipathy towards Librarians makes them adopt some dodgy logic and reject the valuable accomplishments and science of their enemies.

But in the original book series, the Free Kingdom embody a specific kind of wonder and joy and set of beliefs that children have trouble hanging onto as they grow older in this society: fantastic creatures, technology both remarkable and intuitive, adventure in every corner, kings that actually can rule benevolently, and a willingness to do things that are impractical and very cool.

...Of course, in this game, giant mecha are commonplace, supernatural creatures still exist secretly in the Hushlands, and three-quarters of the earth is ruled by nobles with Fabulous fashion senses.

Smedry

"Ah," The Occulator replies gamely. "And you elected to conceal yourself here: the rat trap factory principle: very good principle, I use it all the time."

15. - Top - End - #585

Smedry

"The opposite actually. They know we are here and sent her after us." Alice sighs.

With that Charlise looks at a clock and sighs. "Class will start soon. I'd suggest you get ready if you want to win over the assassin."

((Keep in mind that due to my desire to play up our crossover potential and to not misrepresent the canon Free Kingdoms every "lost world" and hidden magical land is part of the Free Kingdoms. Most of which have a lot of their own corruptions and flaws

Archer

"Don't worry. I rarely end up in the same place twice so easily." Krazen shrugs as he leads you onwards into the woods and out into a distressingly pastel Apple Orchard. This is no ordinary apple orchard though as you spot off in the distance several of the fruit rising up from the tree they are sitting on to attack a small boy trying to jump over them.

"The Guy's country...Do you have a death with there Mister? That might be throwing off my talent and sending us to places that want to kill us."

Misa

The wolf doesn't even seem to notice the tiny feline as it dives towards the slightly ajar door. Smashing it's way through the cheap wood and the now broken threshold (it's an apartment in a foreign country that you have lived in for less than a week while your beloved is staying in a campus dorm, it is a testament to your will that it even had one).

It charges towards you fangs and claws bared for the kill.

Light and Sebastian

As Light is driven towards the Police Station he spots Sebastian talking to Charlie on the side of the road. To be expected the police have shown up at the same time as the demon, a rather unfortunate coincidence but Murphy's Law no doubt lead him to plan for this eventuality. What he might not have planned for was Precious, Misa's kitten running down the street causing the cabbie to swerve to the side of the road. and into Charlie's cruiser.

The Sherif excuses himself from talking to Sebastian as he turns to inspect his car. All the while muttering to himself. "Could things have turned out any worse today?"

Panty and Stocking

"You need not lie. The demon will be no longer in this dimension by the time you reach Heaven but if you insist on making yourselves problems then you will be dealt with." Katniss sighs as she gets up from the Table.

"Good luck then."

16. - Top - End - #586
    Bugbear in the Playground

Panty and Stocking
    Her movement to leave signifies many things about the woman- the primary one being that she made certain assumptions. She assumed that she was dealing with reasonable individuals. She assumed that they would follow along with her suggestion like people who weighed their options before acting. She assumed that they followed any kind of code of secrecy or not risking others lives.

These were safe assumptions most of the time. At least one of these was usually correct about anyone you might be dealing with.

O wicked spirit born of a lost soul in limbo

....Where did a stripper pole come from?

receive judgement from the garb of the holy virgin

Actually, better question- where did TWO stripper poles come from?

Cleansed of worldly impurities-

Return to Heaven and Earth

Repent Repent

There they now stood, Angels(If only by technicality.)

Sebastian
    First order of business: eyeball the crash and see if Master Yagami is in any way endangered by it. If he is, then save his life first. If not, head inside and attend to Ms.Amane.
    Last edited by doliest; 2012-06-23 at 12:39 PM.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Misa Amani
    Misa's eyes widended, and for a moment she froze, like a rabbit in the headlights. Since her last traumatizing incident where she was almost raped then killed but a twisted fan, she's been less then good at dealing with this sort of situation.
    Fortunately, clumsiness saved her, as she fell over backwards and hit it in the side of the head with the bottle still held in her hand, which shatters. Misa's not particularly strong (though she's fit enough), but she is hysterical, which can be useful when it happens to be channeled.
    Fortunately, all the alcohol should sterilize the cuts in the wolf's face.

Light Yagami
    He's a little woozy, there is now a cut on his head and when he stands up he's a tad unsteady. Not the first impression he'd hoped to make at all. e shakes his head to try to clear it, then indicates the building with the corner of his skull, and stares meaningfully at Sebastien. Charlie has another concern, forget him. Then he steps back, and becomes just a spectator. He can leave the matter of the crash between the driver who was responsible, and the offended party. Instead of getting involved, he walks over, and picks up Precious, who is trembling like a leaf in the wind, then strokes her, trying to sooth her and calm her down. She has no claws and no real teeth, so he doesn't have to worry about getting scratched.
    He doesn't like cats much. He's a dog person, they are useful, loyal and easy to control, which are qualities he is keen on. But he's calculating enough to know that projecting an image is important, and someone who is doing their best to comfort a frightened kitten is presenting the most unoffensive body language available.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Touga

He hadn't realized she was blind... Touga begins to answer, when something happens. Deep within what might be described by most human beings as a heart, but what Touga has transformed into a ball of ambition and pride, something stirs. It's the compulsion to lie. Not unusual for Kiryuu, but this has a special ring to it. For once, it's the urge to spare someone's feelings, but to do so without any grand scheme or manipulation in place. It is just a hint, some relic left over by Nanami, of honest sympathy. Touga catches himself as he says, "... No. The flowers just aren't in bloom yet. How did you get out here?"

Alex

"That's great, Blue John! Good to have you with us! Real groovy! Now first thing's first, we need to bust out of here and get to me ride. What's the weak point on this barrel? Where's the biggest crack we can burst wide open? Don't be shy now! Get on with it!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

19. - Top - End - #589
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    He pauses, thinks for a moment, then shrugs. "I honestly have no idea. I have a lot of enemies, and when you only experience time through a series of random, fleeting windows it's hard to keep track of them." He says. "It's hard keeping track of anything."
    He looks around for a surface that looks safe enough to risk sitting on, and seeing nothing he stands where he is, arms folded. "Just tell me we're not going to Neverland next. I've had some bad experiences there." He pauses thoughtfully. "That is, if you have any say over where you get lost to at all... How the hell does that work, now that I come to ask of it?"

20. - Top - End - #590
    Pixie in the Playground

Tim Drake
    A year ago almost everyone thought Batman was an urban legend. Then one propaganda officer more clever than most pulls a few strings and gets a series made, and suddenly he loses his mystique and a great deal of his power along with it.

"The Bat clan are not adverse to alliances with organizations who have similar goals. And while they will no doubt have issue with a few of our methods, the truth is that they need all the help they can get. Which is what you need me for." Tim Drake replied. "Arranging and facilitating a compromise." He glances down at his watch. "I have to go and preserve my cover, but come here tonight and there most likely will be one of the clan waiting for you." He says.

It's about then that he remembers Steph isn't talking to him, and Cass isn't really cut out for this sort of work. He could just do it himself, but he doubts he'll be able to pull that one off for long. Maintaining a secret identity works best if they only have exposure to one persona or the other.

Well, he just hopes he'll be able to convince her how important this is.

Souske
    He doesn't even hesitate for an instant. His eyes narrow, and their is a blur. Before he was holding a single gun. Now he's holding two. Both are pointed at Maka. "Hands behind your head. Now." He says. "You are now in custody. If at any point you attempt any actions without my express instruction first, I will treat you as an enemy combatant."

Souske was easy to manipulate, and Edward had already made him his pawn. There would be no talking sense into him. Unfortunately, fighting him was a dubious proposition indeed.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

[Ah. I see, Darkblade. I'll keep that in mind. Considering the dark varieties of magic kingdoms, that makes the librarians slightly more sympathetic.]

"Indeed. I'd ask you to be careful as well...and potentially find a new hiding place. To be on the safe side."

Smedry nods and makes his exit.

First things first, he follows Alice's instructions and disables the one particular teddy bear grenade she made note of.

Then he meets up with his new class after snarfing down a sandwich.

"Hello again, my fine lads!" He says. "Mr. Raoden, unfortunately has come down with a mild malady, but has gone to get treatment and shall return soon enough! Now then, who's up for some library infiltration?"

22. - Top - End - #592
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Maka and Soul

When Maka saw the shift in Souske's soul she was already moving. Maka was quite fast. Most people who devoured Kishin egg souls tended to be super human in their abilities. This is because of them adding the strength of the human souls the devoured to their own. Maka as a Meister had to be trained to combat these threats.

Soul also knew what to do. Where was once a boy there was now a scythe that was in Maka's hands. She charged forward, activating the black blood within Soul body as she did thereby channeling it into her since she is Resonating with him. She charges forward with startling speed. She then slashes with her Scythe. Not at Souske. No, his soul was easily manipulated, but not evil. She slashes at Edward trying to bisect him.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    Had the soldier been flat-footed and unprepared that would have been the end of it. Maka was fast. Not in the way that a human or animal is fast, he was fluid, and time seemed almost to slow around him. No human, no matter what his training or conditioning, can compete with that. But Souske didn't need to move, only to think, his weapons were already drawn, and a decade of unrelenting combat situations that would grind any normal person to a mental case in a matter of months had given the boy reflexes like razor blades, and an eye to match.

The second Maka moves, Souske is shooting before his brain has even had time to analyze and comprehend what it just saw.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Maka

It was a good thing Maka wasn't just any human then. The mind can learn to comprehend many things. However if the body was to slow it was worthless. This was what was happening to Souske as bullets whiz by Maka who was dodging them by hairs breadths. He saw maybe one or two bullets hit her, but the wounds seemed to be only skin deep. There was actually the sound of the bullets ricocheting when they hit her. Due to the fluidity of his mind he could see that indeed the bullets had only pierced her skin, and stopped at her blood, which wasn't leaking out of the wound.

Her action continues as the soldier shoots bullets at her. in her head Soul says, 'Maka, that guy is pretty good. A little training and he might be as good as Kid. Still try not to get hit to much. The Black Blood may protect you, but even with it if he pulls out heavy artillery it is going to hurt.'

25. - Top - End - #595
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    There was no hesitation in the soldier, no brief moments of consideration, nothing human. He was like a machine. Even as he tries to kill you, you can't help but feel a little sorry for him, given what's been done to him to achieve this level of efficiency.

Souske quickly realizes that, for the fourth time this week, bullets have failed him when they never have before. They are, however, keeping the assailant from closing in, which is a fine temporary situation. He has the rest of his arsenal in his school bag, which he left in the cafeteria. Their wasn't time to get it, as Bella left the safety and recklessly exposed herself.

Forcing Maka back with a steady stream of shots, his left gun clicks empty, leaving him just one more shot. Fortunately, he has maneuvered Maka right where he wants him. He takes one final shot, and for the first time it goes wide. No matter how fast Maka moved, Souske was able to unerringly aim at him, even if he only rarely got his mark. But this time, the shot goes wide, because Maka isn't what he was aiming at.

The fire extinguisher on the wall a half meter from him is punctured, spraying flame retardant foam all over him. It wouldn't hurt Maka, but it would slow him down, while Souske grabs Edward, manhandles him out into the corridor, then pulls the fire alarm (just like yesterday). Distractions all to buy him precious moments.

Then he heads towards the cafeteria to load up with the big guns.

26. - Top - End - #596

Everyone still in the school

The fire alarm sounds, it's time to evacuate in a nice and orderly fashion or raid and loot classrooms as you see fit.

Souske and Maka

Edward has already fled the scene and is making his way towards Bella down the hall. Which is a lot harder now that Souske flooded the hall with the fleeing masses of the student body.

The fire extinguisher explodes as it is shot, the blast and fireball are both rather small. What is dangerous though is the shrapnel from the tank, a large chunk of which finds it's way into King Boomer's stomach. The young King falls to the ground clutching the large wound.

Tim Drake

"Alright..." Kallen says still sounding skeptical. She then excuses herself and makes her way back to her shack.

Archer

"I don't really know. The Kingdoms have precious few magical scholars, most magi threw in with the Librarians so we have a limited understanding of our own magic sometimes." Krazen sighs as if he were admitting a dark secret.

"All I know is that it gets me lost, and sends me places where I need to be. I needed to save you so I found myself in the school, Prince Van needed your help to kill the dragon and succeed to the throne of Gaea (he's an only child civil war would no doubt have broken out if he were to fail) so we found ourselves in his forest. Beyond that I can think of places I don't want to go and it usually keeps me away unless something important is going to happen there."

He casually walks down the cobblestone path which is very visibly lined with any number of death traps unharmed, narrowly avoiding each trigger by a hare's breathe. Seemingly he can get lost in less dramatic ways too, lost away from the traps.

Smedry

The fire alarm sounds in the hallway. There appears to be something wrong with your classroom's alarm though as it does not sound but sparks slightly, one of them landing on the teddy bear you just disarmed. What luck, if you hadn't disarmed it everything in this room would have exploded.

Mikayla who was still following you draws her machettes. "Evacuate the hushlanders, I will find Boomer."

Panty and Stocking

Katniss reaches behind her back looking for arrows that aren't there. This was not supposed to go this way. Instead she takes advantage of the momentary distraction presented by the fire alarm and grabs a tiny robot a green dog that she hurls at the Angels.

"Hi I'm Gir! I mean Chuck, yes my name is Chuck now because Zim is dead. Let's get tacos!" The dog says in a not at all robotic voice as it hugs Panty's face.

Touga

"I like to sit out here at lunch." The girl says shortly before the fire alarm sounds.

"Oh, no. Not again. Can you please help me to the evacuation zone?"

Lelouch

Off in the distance you can see Touga and Nunally talking when the fire alarm goes off. Last time this happened it was a fight between two metahumans, and since there is no smoke that likely is the case again.

Of course the universe hates Lelouch and his cellphone starts to ring on the line reserved for Zero. Caller id indicates it's Kallen, who knows better to call for anything short of an emergency.

Now you have three choices; answer the phone, save Nunally instead of letting Touga do it or investigate the disturbance.

Touma and Shirou

The fire alarm rings as you try to make your way to safety. You get the feeling that something more to it than just a fire.

Harry Potter

As the fire alarm goes off you and Salem are caught in the current of fleeing students to evacuation zone along with Bella Swan and Edward Cullen.

A few minutes later Salem's skin glows ever so slightly and her clothes start to change. They look less like the long old timey dresses she favour and more modern. None of the muggles seem to notice but Edward does as he stares at you from the other side of the crowd.

Salem glares at you. "What are you doing wizard? I know you are angry with me but this is most uncalled for."

Gary and Shinki

As the fire alarm goes off Gary will no doubt find himself distracted by an unusual cell phone signal. One directed to "Zero" from an Area 11 number. Zero is a well known terrorist from Area 11. What would he be doing in a Britannian High School?

Shinki of course can see none of this and only hears the alarm and sees the crowd of students rushing towards the exits.

Alex

"The doors aren't locked man. This isn't a prison we just need to walk out the door..." Rivalz explains right before the fire alarm goes off.

"Damn I was looking forward to your spree of illegal weapons purchaes looks like we'll have to stay here so we don't get reported as missing." He says trying to sound legitimately disappointed but he comes across more as releaved.

Light and Sebastian

Fortunately no one was hurt and the damage to both vehicles was largely superficial. Chief Swan annoyed with the now fined cabbie turns back to the crisis at hand until he spots Light. "Say aren't you that Yagami kid? The smart Eleven boy at Ashford's?"

Misa

The wolf comes closer until steps in a puddle of spilt alcohol. The liquid seems burns at the beast's foot, as it howls in pain and backs away. Looks like just got very lucky and discovered it's weakness.

((Offensive maybe, but tell me if it doesn't make sense that 'firewater' surpressed the spirit animal abilities of Native American warriors.))

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    Lelouch gets up to go over to Nunally, then his phone rings. For a moment he freezes, torn with indecision between his two overwhelming priorities, then sighs and picks up the phone, first flicking the novelty voice-change button to disguise himself. The phone itself is pretty hard to track, since it doesn't go through any of the usual telecommunications companies and therefore isn't registered, but it's still a pretty glaring way of leaving himself open, and if he had the resources it would be the first one he'd fix.
    Unfortunately, he does not, so he'll have to either lose ease of contact (and communications were the fundamental of any organized effort), or just risk it. And Lelouch had no problem taking risks.
    "Miss Stadtfeld. This is a little more prompt then I anticipated. Have you discovered something potentially damaging?" He says, not getting up, but watching Nunally all the same, telling himself she wasn't in any danger. He didn't trust Touga, or the gleam of avarice and ambition he could see in him, and he certainly couldn't trust him with his sister but...
    But he was Lelouch of the revolution, and sometimes that cost him.

Misa
    (Sounds fine to me. Wonder if the Brittanian Empire used similar techniques for other nations ancient mystical protectors?)
    She gets to her feet after squirming away from the wolf, panting and looking almost half-crazed, then tosses the remains of the bottle at it's face, trying to drive it off while she waits for the people downstairs to get their act together.

Light Yagami
    "Yes I am." He says, affecting a gratified smile at being recognized, though only the most observant of people would not the slight spark of contempt in his deep mahogany eyes. "Myself and Miss Amani came to the States together, and I am her emergency contact, so I hurried over. I can't help you at all, can I officer?"
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-06-28 at 01:16 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    Archer steps gingerly after him, doing his best to copy the smaller mans movements and thereby avoid an unpleasant but doubtless hilarious death. "Well, that is about one of the stranger manifestations of power. A talent that you utilize subconsciously all the time, that seems to work to furthering some bizarre agenda that may or may not have anything to do with what you are trying to do. You have no formal training, not that there is anyone who could teach you how to use it, but the talent seems to have a mind of it's own. Almost like you and your talent are entirely separate identities, since it also seems to have knowledge of events that you don't."

It's your first insight into who he actually is, not who he's become, and it's telling. He's excited and enthusiastic at discovering something new, and wants to understand it. Not to quantify it, just to make sense of it.

Beast
    He was heading for the principle's office when the alarm sounded, with the intention of proposing an evaluation, when the alarm goes off. And instantly he changes perspective and gets dangerous. He blinks once, twice, then heads over to the cafeteria, with the intention of ensuring safety, and getting violent on anyone disturbing the peace.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    These details are really nice, Darkblade: you've got a nice voice for Kazan, as well as a very accurate conception of how Talents work (they are often sapient in a certain way for their bearers, and can be ornery...and able to be tricked by adopting certain mindsets).

In Book 2, young Alcatraz discovered some interesting truths about the Smedry Talents. That plotline may or may not have taken place, so this following infodump can be used for future revelations if you want.

In-universe, the Smedry talents were created by one of those grand, elder, world-spanning magical civilizations who, though already quite advanced in the fields of magitech and whatnot, attempted to go one step further, and draw down the 'powers of divinity' and imbue them into human bloodlines, powers divided into the categories of Space, Time, Knowledge, and Matter.

These were the Talents. When confined to a single good-natured family, they're quirky, powerful, and trouble-inducing. When gifted to a large percentage of a large population, some of whom had dark impulses...it led to widespread devastation. Que apocalypse, and sealing away the requisite knowledge in dark, wraith infested Alexandrian Libraries.

But as I recall, one explanation for Smedry Talents in this setting it that they are untraining Mage abilities. So mix and match canon as needed.

Leavenworth Smedry

Leavenworth Smedry breathed a sigh of relief out. Another disaster averted. The Teddy Bears were supposed to be completely harmless to organic matter, but he'd already seen proof of how that could go wrong.

“I'll usher the kids to safety, then help you trace King Boomer down if you haven't found him already!” Smedry replies, then turns to the class.

“Come quickly kids: it seems that a group of combat proficient individuals are tearing it up again! Quickly now, don't trip over each other!”

Gary

Oh Lelouch. You're so good at scheming. But the conditions for not being snooped on have note been met today.

You done got technopathed.

Gary blinks.

“Ooooh!” He says suddenly with a bit of excitement and begins pacing back and forth, twiddling his fingers back and forth

“There's signal: very clear, good cellphone, it's...Brittania's most wanted list, updated as of March 12th this year, connected with several hundred domestic disturbances, shoot on contact...Stansfeld, Brittanian royal family, 122th removed from throne, holding in Japan-Area 11...”

Suddenly he stops.

“He's close by: we should spy on him.”

He starts to walk briskly off in the direction of Zero's cellphone, then stops, turns, and eyes Shiki meaninfully.

“C'mon, let's go. C'mon. C'mon.”

He'll keep saying that until you come along.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2012-06-30 at 10:01 AM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    Collateral damage. Regrettable. He'd have to file a certain amount of paperwork over that to his superiors, which would be detrimental to his efficiency. He'll have to take a little more care. But he has priorities, and right now it's putting Maka in a bed for one in an unmarked grave. He can't do that with a handgun, but that's not going to be an issue. He has everything short of artillery, and if there is one thing humans did exceptionally well, it's figure out exciting new ways to kill each other.

The crowd pushes at him, impeding his progress. He fires his gun up in the air twice, then utilizes his parade ground voice, and borrows some technique from Melissa Mao, his foul-mouthed sergeant Major. "Any one of you ****-**** little ******s gets in my way, and I'll execute every last one of you, then **** your ****ing corpse!"

The crowd parts like the Red Sea before Moses. He steps into the cafeteria. He gets his bag. You can never have enough dakka, but even the most insane sociopath would find his eyes gleam at the contents of Souske's bag. He's got more then enough, since he moonlights as a Arms Dealer selling everything from military-grade jacketed rounds to police forces to decommissioned Soviet Satellites to telecommunications companies.

Unfortunately this is not the North Corridor. He has three times as much weaponry in his locker. First, he opens his bag, and removes a case. Then he assembles what must be a gun in the way that the most delicate and precise of surgical instruments must have one day been a stick.

Then he takes some extra security, and a little more, then he cracks his knuckles and adds a pair of goggles. Then he goes a'hunting.

Tim Drake
    (Anyone know what became of Industrious?)
    He picks up his phone, then puts it down. She'll just hang up on him. Instead he gets his motorbike and drives off. He'd better get to school and talk to her face to face.
    Last edited by Corvond; 2012-06-30 at 07:28 PM.