New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Stocking

"There-in lies the problem. Her anti-magic field is powerful enough to hold back Death for you to approach her could mean suicide." Atticuss explains. He's right, as an Angel, fallen or not you are ninety percent pure magical energy.

"I know she has at least two Grim Reapers in training making sure that she isn't taken by people like us. No doubt those who created her have some defenses in mind as well."

Harry and Shirou

"That's rich. You claim to hate me because of my games but you threaten me with your fancy wand, instead of letting the Servants have it out." Alex laughs.

"Saber, teach him some manners." Mikey nods and leaps at the Puritan girl with his keyblade drawn.

((Terry can you play Salem for the duration of this fight so I'm not battling myself?))

Beast, Smedry and Panty

"It would do you good to know your own people's champions Seraphim." The Lady informs Panty.

"He is the current Lord of the Shadowhunters, Raziel's chosen warriors of Light. He is of course mortal but to kill him would be to end my life as well. As both the binder and indirect slayer of the Lady would then be allied to Heaven the Fae would not take it well." The Lady explains, she is quite right the Fae would place the blame of her death squarely upon Heaven's head if they were no in the midst of a rather bloody war against all other life at the moment.

Archer

Three days after the fall of Pendragon by the Black Knights Zero, now unmasked as Lelouch Vi Britannia was killed by Katniss. Some people suspect it was planned by Lelouch to prevent himself from becoming a monster like his Father but all Katniss would say it was to avenge her dead sister and mother. That is five years from now.

"I know you saw what Bella was capable of the other day. I also know you are somehow involved with those Angel bitches. I need to make sure they have no intention of interfering with her development." Katniss explains.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

2. - Top - End - #752
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    If he were to tell the sherrif that there had already been four attempts on his daughters life (one actually, Souske had just misread the other situations as usual), then he would probably be in a better position. But then he wouldn't be Souske Sagara.

"Very well." He says, following orders to the letter, and walks away, finally leaving Bella alone. Of course, if he can't stay around her, he'll still keep her safe. He intends to go to her house, and rig the area with all the security he can build, using spools of razor wire and pressure sensative landmines. That should do for a start. Then he can proactively hunt down those who have targeted her before.

Tim
    "Now that's not fair. You know that you are more then welcome to join." He can't bring himself to let her have the last word.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

Leavenworth cheerily snatches it back and points to the specific grandchildren.

"They're all quite wonderful! This is Alcatraz–a fine whippersnapper, quite clever on his feet–this is Australia, and this is Sing-Sing–he's an anthropologist!–and this is Quentin, and this is my youngest, Aydee: she's really, really bad at math!"

Leavenworth grins slightly. "And they all have been raised on stories about how you should think twice and ponder thrice before entering into a pact with a Faery Godmother. Purely as a matter of giving the proper respect to her, of course."

He pulls out a magnifying glass from the jacket Panty's currently wearing and examines the glyphs.

"Not my forte, but I'm guessing he's linked himself to you through your mutual blood? If that's so, how would we go about severing it?"

Gary Bell

[Did Gary's web search turn anything up?]

Gary thinks about Lelouch's question, frowning.

"Yes." He says finally. "Unless someone kidnaps my best friend and holds them hostage to force me to behave a certain way (although I'd probably try to tell you that anyway), and unless you start doing really evil things. But I don't think that's going to happen."

He tenses, and then meets Lelouch's eyes again.

"I think you're trying to do the right thing, and if you want my help, it's yours."

4. - Top - End - #754
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kidd

Seeing as he was not needed or wanted anymore Kidd began walking to where Light had designated as the meeting room. Along the way he though up various scenario's and tried to find ways to solve them without anything too drastic. After all if Light was onto him, then he must have a plan. Would he somehow try and use his nature as the son of Death against him? Only time would tell.

Maka and Soul

The dynamic duo had been tracking Kidd's soul once he had left the area filled with magus souls. The reason being one thing. Kidd left Liz and Patti behind. Kidd would never do that unless something serious was going on. Those three had a bond that was extremely strong. So what could possibly be important enough that they would seperate?

Liz, Patti

The two of them leave the mages in order to get to their dorms and actually put on some cloths. Well it would be hard for anyone at the school to be properly embarrassed anymore. After clothing themselves they head back out and go back to the cafeteria to help with watching over King Boomer.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Bugbear in the Playground

Harry

((NO YOU WILL HAVE TO FIGHT YOURSELF))

"Expelliarmus!" Harry roars, and the wand in Shirou's hands flies towards him as Salem lunges forward, her face twisted in a mask of hateful rage. Harry flicks his wrist, and the Wand in his left vanishes for a moment, as he grabs the wand that flew through the air, and looks at Alex.

"Arrogant. Your Servant can't fight for you for long, Miss Russo - because I will not stop. And why wouldn't I exercise every possible advantage I have; particularly when it will only help me? However, I detest fighting unarmed opponents. Have a present-"

He twists, and the wand flies towards her, the instant his hand lets go of the stick, the Wand - Death despair darkness destruction - reappears, but he waits, until the wand nearly touches her face before he begins.

"Incendio Gratas!" he says with a wicked grin, and the holly wand pulses with dark red and orange as flames burst out of it, twisting and spewing in a circle, surrounding the foursome with a wall of neverending flames as his hand arcs and moves, directing the flames like a conductor.

Berserker howls her rage, and her hands break and snap, turning into vicious claw-like things, her skin cracking and her hair arcing and breaking as she lets out a roar, an endless scream of hatred and her hands punch towards the damnable rat.

But Harry is not watching them - he has begun a spellchain.

"Flipindo," the word tumbles out like water, flowing elegantly with the quick thrust of his wand with an upcurve, the pale blue light flying towards Alex with rapid speed and precision, as he cuts his wand upward, as if he wants to gouge the air. "Diffindo!" is the next word from his lips, and the yellow slicing light flies towards Alex with ridiculous speed as he spins, tossing the holly wand up in the air as he moves back to the flames, and a levitation charm keeps it afloat, continuously spewing fire.

The other Wand switches hands, and he twirls and jabs it forward with a snarl, "Reducto!"

The spell blasts out of his wand, a silver bolt of energy blitzing towards her right behind the yellow light, and a quick twist of his wrist sends the next spell, which he says with an almost cackling tone, "Lacera," and the spells arcs upwards, a sickly green pulsating with rawness and power as it flies, the laceration curse filled with dark intent. But it is not the finishing. His hand twists into a downward slash, his grin growing larger.

"Sectumsempra! Harry says, his voice filled with power. An almost invisible slice bursts from his wand, heading for Alex with all the deadly intent the cutting curse could be imbued with.

Harry pauses for a moment, and grabs the holly wand once more, and lunges forward with the other Wand like a lance, as he roars the final spell, power and desperate need burning in his voice. "EFFODIO!"

The silver light bursts from his wand, the powerful piercing curse rushing for Alex behind the rest of the spells. He turns away, and looks at Salem - she was why he had used his spellchain in the first place; her power grew around magic.

Her dress emits an almost smoky mist, and it is all sharp points and scary angles, her hands claw-like and deadly as she strikes at the rat, as her eyes burn with shining red light, wisps of it floating away in an invisible wind.

Shiki

Shiki nodded, and turned on a heel, leaving.

Lelouch did not see what was in his hand.

But he may wish he had.

He would wish he saw the sinister smile, the glint in his eyes, and his hand.

A knife, so simple, so easy to hold. A perfect grip, an easy thing to grab - and yet so deadly in his hands.

"Kozuki shouldn't be too hard to find. And if she's with the spy... well, he won't have long to think about spying, for one."
    Last edited by Terry576; 2012-09-13 at 04:34 AM. Reason: SHIKI WAS NOT EMPTY THAT WOULD BE SILLY
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

6. - Top - End - #756

Harry

Alex steps back away from the spells counting on Mickey to deflect the attacks with his keyblade, too afraid that she'd only serve to make the enemy servant stronger.

Mickey does his job though keeping Harry's spells from reaching his master. The surrounding grass doesn't do so well though. This leaves him woefully unprepared as Salem makes her move. Caught completely unprepared the King is knocked prone on the pavement by the young girl.

Gary

The only result that fits Lelouch's case is the Vi Britannia siblings. Lelouch and Nunnally Vi Britannia. Their mother was gun downed by an unknown assailant, in front of Nunnally who was blinded and crippled in the accident. Within the year the young Prince was sent to Japan as part of a diplomatic mission, one that went sour and led to war rather quickly. Once war was declared the siblings were never seen again and presumed dead.

Liz and Patti

Boomer and Mikala are sitting in the now empty cafeteria. "Where have you all been?"

Beast, Smedry and Panty

"Blood of an Angel can undo mortal angelic magic. A pint of her blood, and I will adjust the Lake's portal to send you back to the school or to Valentine. Whichever you prefer?" The Lady explains.

Souske

You have just over fifteen minutes before your reinforcements are due to arrive. You might want to get to the front gate to brief them.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Pixie in the Playground

[Wow. Harry Potter has sort of gone psycho-nuts here....]

Gary Bell

Is he...

...If Little Lulu™ is who Gary thinks he is, is there a possibility that he's just one of those megalomaniacs seeking the throne?

...Nah. Megalomaniacs aren't kind to their little blind sisters. Gary lets out an inner sigh of relief, confident that since Lelouch clearly would never kill one of his siblings, he isn't evil.

Gary then notes another implication of Lelouch's revealed lineage.

"Soldiers will be arriving soon to support Sergeant Souske. They aren't psychotic secret police, but you should lay low. Their snap batons really hurt."

And Souske's guarding...ah yes! That's quite important!

"And stay away from the girl name Bella. She's a weapon of mass destruction."
    Last edited by Colesign; 2012-09-16 at 11:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Light Yagami
    With a flair for the dramatic suitable for the sort of ego that makes a man style himself as God, he has taken the time to set the scene. The lights have been dimmed, leaving just enough to see by. All the furniture has been pushed against the walls, but a single table and chair, set up in roughly the middle. The table contains three things of interest. The first is a sleek laptop, slim and modern, the monitor currently dark. Atop it's keyboard is a small, rolled up scroll of paper, and a similarly modern mobile phone. But there is no sign of Kira. None at all. You suspected this to be a set-up, but in some strange way this empty room is reassuring.
    After you take a moment to take in the scene, the laptop buzzes to life, and a white screen with a stylized gothic letter comes to life. A big, embossed K. He's not the most subtle of people.
    "So, it is down to you. And it is down to me." Comes the metallic voice that Kira uses to disguise his own. It's dry, emotionless and unreadable, which is a shame. It's not giving anything away. "Thank you for showing me the courtesy of coming alone, which I have done as well. And so, we face each other as God intends. No tricks, no weapons, nothing but you and me."
    He pauses, as though waiting for you to answer, then before you can, he goes on. "I hold some truths to be self-evident, the primary being that there can be no arrangement between us. So, we are at an impasse. You know something of me, and I know something of you, and neither can live while the other survives."
    "For instance, I can't compete with you physically. And you're no match for my intellect. So, I arranged this. Each of us will get a single chance to kill the other. An in the interests of that, you get to go first."

Lelouch
    "Thank you. Though I can't say I'm used to being trusted, I do find it... oddly liberating." He says, completely honestly. "In that case, there are a few things I'd like you to do as well."
    The bathrobe makes him look slightly debauched and corrupt, though it's the only clothing he could find, and it's considerably better then walking around naked.
    "Bella? That's the second time I've heard that name mentioned recently." He says softly, thinking back to the general. How strange. And both times were in suspicious circumstances, from people who seemed to know a lot more about the situation then him. "Who is she, exactly? What can you tell me about her?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    Need to protect Bella. Need to meet the other soldiers.
    Can't/must conflict....
    At last he came to a decision, or at least a priority. Souske takes off his jacket, and adjusts his polo shirt, with his sergeant stripes carefully sewn on the shoulders. He's quite aware he's undercover, which is why he wore a jacket over the top, however he still needs to be able to pull rank on occasion, which is why he is still wearing them.
    There isn't time to file a report, so he'll just have to present his findings. That in mind, he heads over to the point, to meet his comrades.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

The old Smedry nods, stroking his thick bushy mustache, and reaches into the tuxedo jacket he's drapped over Panty, pulling out a small swiss army knife (marvelous inventions, swiss army knives).

"It seems fair: your freedom for our freedom to travel where we wish. Hmmm...we'll deliberate on that for a moment, but rest assured that won't hinder the breaking of your chains."

He hands the knife to the blond semi-fallen angel.

"Out of curiousity..." He asks idly. "After you aid us in going where we need to go...what do you intend to do?"

Gary Bell

Gary frowns at Lelouch's question.

"She's something created by a group called "Dewey Decimal", something designed to twist supernatural powers and creatures into more vulnerable forms. Do you know where I can get some new clothes? It's cold..."

11. - Top - End - #761

Panty
    Wait...MY BLOOD!? We're talking about using my blo- Stops. That would hurt in a way most things she'd met couldn't hope to. But...If it breaks those runes, fine. Mortals shouldn't use what is ours.

Stocking
    So nothing like me can take her. Nothing non-mortal can even get near her...and some of Death's tiny servants guard her. That leaves exploitation of mortals. I'm sadly lacking in that respect... She looks at Atticus, Could you get close to her, perhaps? Retreive her while I distract her serva She stops. Scowls. Wait. Death's tiny servants. Can I even hurt them with angelic weaponry? They're mortals, after all- and its not something I've had to test.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

12. - Top - End - #762

Beast, Smedry and Panty

The Lady stands there quietly waiting for Panty's blood. As Fae it is evident she has more up her sleeve than she is letting on but just what that trick may be is not yet clear.

Stocking

"As servants of Death they are equally demonic and angelic. Allies to both Heaven and Hell, making sure the souls flow as they are meant to. Your guns will hurt them just fine." Atticus explains.

"As for playing Bella myself, I'm not sure. The last time I manipulated students so directly it didn't end well." Atticus says as the Book flips itself open to reveal pages filled with several fail Faustian bargains and the chosen Anti-Christ of the Book shoving off the shackles of temptation. "Cut that out or I'll recycle your index and toilet paper!"

Sosuke

Out by the front gates you can seem them pull up. A transport carrying three Arm Slaves, a civilian RV pull up to the school.

Commander Sam Axe steps out of the RV and begins to issue orders. "Kurtz, you and Heavy take the west entrance. Mao, you and soldier stay here. No one gets in or out without my say so. Scout, Pyro, Engie and Demo I want a tactical assessment of the grounds, how to hold and break any defences it might have. Medic, to the infirmary report any suspicious injuries to me. Sniper, get on the roof and keep an eye on the target, do not take anyone down unless they openly make a move on her. Spy, follow her around, stay hidden."

As the soldiers and mercenaries go out to follow their orders Sam turns to you. "You must be Souske. Just the man I was looking for, you drink kid?"

13. - Top - End - #763

Stocking
    Good. I can hurt them, hopefully without blowing my cover. Shouldn't be too hard; we've opposed Death a number of times, nothing so out of the ordinary as to draw...unwanted attention. She shifts her weight. If Michael or Gabriel found out what had happened...that would be it. Nothing could stop either of them from rending her to bits. No treaty would save her. Hell, the two of them might work together- wouldn't that be a show. But, I do think you using her is our best bet. I can't physically grab her, and I can't convince her of anything while trying to fight Death's little reapers.

But...hm. Perhaps she could. Another question; what should we do with Archer?

Panty
    She looks down at the Swiss Army Knife. To hurt herself. To bleed out her blood...with this. A mortal toy. Oh lord forgive her, Gabriel was going to smite her personally when she got back to Heaven.

She closes her eyes and speaks. The words don't matter, not really. It could be a Rick Astley song for all that it can be understood. What affects is the meaning. The loss. She slides the blade down her arm, letting it for a brief moment become something more and less than it was. Capable of sliding through the flesh of a creature above, and losing all meaning to those below. It was not just a knife now. Now, it was dyed red with the blood of an angel.

She bleeds out into the pool, feeling pain, loss, and weakness unlike anything Earth had previously offered. Panty expressed all of this the only way she could.

F***!
    Last edited by doliest; 2012-09-21 at 11:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Sorry about the sparse posts lately in full time college now and taking 12 hours worth of classes. I'm even going to school on saturdays. Saturdays!!!!!

Light Yagami
    With a flair for the dramatic suitable for the sort of ego that makes a man style himself as God, he has taken the time to set the scene. The lights have been dimmed, leaving just enough to see by. All the furniture has been pushed against the walls, but a single table and chair, set up in roughly the middle. The table contains three things of interest. The first is a sleek laptop, slim and modern, the monitor currently dark. Atop it's keyboard is a small, rolled up scroll of paper, and a similarly modern mobile phone. But there is no sign of Kira. None at all. You suspected this to be a set-up, but in some strange way this empty room is reassuring.
    After you take a moment to take in the scene, the laptop buzzes to life, and a white screen with a stylized gothic letter comes to life. A big, embossed K. He's not the most subtle of people.
    "So, it is down to you. And it is down to me." Comes the metallic voice that Kira uses to disguise his own. It's dry, emotionless and unreadable, which is a shame. It's not giving anything away. "Thank you for showing me the courtesy of coming alone, which I have done as well. And so, we face each other as God intends. No tricks, no weapons, nothing but you and me."
    He pauses, as though waiting for you to answer, then before you can, he goes on. "I hold some truths to be self-evident, the primary being that there can be no arrangement between us. So, we are at an impasse. You know something of me, and I know something of you, and neither can live while the other survives."
    "For instance, I can't compete with you physically. And you're no match for my intellect. So, I arranged this. Each of us will get a single chance to kill the other. An in the interests of that, you get to go first."
    Kidd

Kidd raises an eyebrow at the ostentatious display as Kira relays his message. Once it ends he says, "Giving me the first move Light? Your too kind. However I do have to ask. What happends if the end of this little game is a draw. More importantly how long does this game last?"

Light may not know it but when he first entered the room as a precaution he changed his level of existence. After he was still a Shinigami even if he was the son of Death. TO recording equipment and other such thing he might as well not even be there. However Light is seeing him just fine due too him having had supernatural contact.

Maka, Soul

Unknown to Kidd Maka and Soul were outside the room with ears pressed to the cracks between the floor and the door. listening in on the conversation that was going on. Well Soul was at least Maka was using her Soul Perception to keep a lookout for any approaching people or, since this meeting was obviously private and Light might have someone watching, any supernatural spirits.

Liz, Patti

Liz looks at Mikayla as she says, "Sorry, we got held up by a situation outside. Kidd went to go take care of some business and will be back shortly. Until then Patti and I are you guard detail."

Nodding her head rapidly in agreement with her sister Patti exclaims, "Yeah! Me an my big sis are plenty strong. The bad guys won't get you while we're around! So don't you worry, baddies beware the Thompson Sister are on the case!"

Liz sighs as she says in a much less enthusiastic voice, "What she said. Anyways is Boomer okay? I mean you didn't look all that great when we left. Oh yeah, here. These are the only cloths we had so you'll have to bear with them until you get back to your dorms."

Liz reaches into her backpack and pulls out two sets of cloths. One being Kidd's usual Tux and dresspants combination, the other being one of Liz's outfits ( a button up red shirt [Since her usual short top that expososed her midriff would be in school violation] and long jeans) minus the cowboy hat.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

Kira
    "Do not be so quick to thank me. You don't yet even know the terms of this confrontation." The voice replies. It does not answer your question about what happens if you both fail to kill each other. Perhaps because it doesn't have one.
    "In this conflict, only one thing matters. Faith. Faith in the cause we have chosen. I desire a world where the guilty are punished, met with swift and just punishment, and where virtue is protected. You, on the other hand, represent a cause of non-interference, allowing the world to take any form it wishes. But we are not a clash of perspectives, merely the individuals who hold such perspectives. We must want to bring our worlds to fruition more then anything else to triumph. Do you agree? And so, the conflict I have created represents that."
    "Before you, rolled up on the table, is a fragment of my Death Note. I believe you are familiar with my face and name. It is a simple matter to write it down, and kill me. However, before you do it is important you understand the circumstances."
    A picture is mailed to the phone, and lights it up automatically. It's a small paragraph written in Japanese. "You have until midnight to make your decision, but I do not suggest you wait longer. You see, at midnight, sergeant Souske Sagara will kill your two human friends, Liz and Patti, then die himself due to injuries sustained as a result. That is now his explicate and unutterable destiny, but it can be averted. Simply write his name instead of mine. Your two friends will be safe for a month before I may attempt to kill them again, and if you manage to foil my attempt then you will get another chance to kill me the day after tomorrow. Or kill me, as is well in your power, and condemn them to death. Your choice. Regardless, to kill you I in turn must sacrifice the person who means more to me then anybody else. So what will it be?" The screen remained on, humming softly, but Light didn't offer anything further. Maybe he was waiting for your reply, or maybe you'd slipped away, and he was awaiting the could touch of fate.
    Truly, Light was in many ways addicted to this sort of risk and conflict, over the last year, covering his tracks and keeping undercover, he'd been so bored. Now, he sat back and wondered what it would be like to die, while perversely he'd rarely felt so alive. It might seem a mad gamble to risk his life on, but he felt it to be a safe assumption. And any other confrontation would leave him hopelessly out-matched. So he had set up gentlemanly rules of conduct, that made the odds far fairer then they had any right to be.

Lelouch
    A born gentleman, Lelouch handed over his bathrobe. It was the only one provided by the Hotel they'd checked Nunally into, and he'd had to steal it besides, but he was trying to get Gary to warm up to him, and besides, the wind might be cold but the sun was warm enough. In a strange but very definite way, he seemed more dignified without the clothing, more regal, even impressive.
    "Yes, I heard something to that effect. It seems this group has aims that involve the unwilling co-operation of everyone in Ashford Academy, judging by the wave of calamities. Perhaps we should investigate further." It's another test. It's always tests with him.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-09-24 at 07:56 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kidd

He kept his face carefully blank as he slowly picked up the piece of paper stuck it in his pocket as turns from the screen. "You just made a big mistake Light Yagami" With that he walks out of the room. AS he does Maka grabs Soul and takes him down the hall and around a nearby corner as Kidd exits the room. He lets out a sigh as he walks down the opposite hall.

A ways away from the room he starts thinking to himself, planning. 'Okay he doesn't seem to know about the fact that beings on the scale of Shinigami can protect those people from the effects of the DeathNote. As I am not a holder of a Deathnote, thank god for that, I technically do not fall under rule 9. However even if I protect Liz and Patti that still leaves Sagara up in the air. I can't use this slip of the DeathNote. To do so would cause my own soul to become a Kishin Egg. No this has to be done the right way.

However the events are too circumstantial.'

Taking out a mirror he breaths on it and traces the numbers 42-42-564. He needed his mother's advice on this.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Light Yagami
    It's only a small scrap of paper. It'll be a stretch to fit in more then a single name, let alone a cause of death. Which of course isn't a problem, a heart attack will automatically take care of whoever you target in forty seconds. The problem is, it makes life difficult.
    "Perhaps. We'll just have to see, won't we." And he has indeed made a bad decision. He shouldn't have given Kidd so much time to think. The trap relied on keeping him impulsive, keeping him from formulating a strategy of his own, keep him reacting. And this time was crucial.
    "And remember, while you do have until Midnight, the longer you wait, the more time I have to target your other friends. All I need is a face and a name." Keep him tense. Emotional. Don't let him recover.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

"Thanks." He replies. Fastening the robe, and not really paying attention to Lelouch's nudity: it took a while for his mother to pound nudity taboos into his psyche when he was a child. "I'll give this back to you when I get some clothes from my dorm."

"You're right," He continues, diving right into Lelouch's musings about the studentry with nothing but a change of breath. "A large amount of students have powers or abilities here. And there's lots of others who are actually spies, I think. The strangest thing is that there are so many people who lack the ability to socially integrate: it's a bit annoying."

19. - Top - End - #769
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    Souske stood to attention as he welcomed the division into the school, and supervised the distribution of clothing they'd brought. He didn't look like a man on the edge of a nervous breakdown. Looking at him, you'd never guess he hadn't slept in three days. There hadn't been time. He had to protect Bella at every possible moment.

Then he flinches slightly, in what was almost contact revulsion. An officer was attempting to fraternize with him. He salutes smartly, if a little desperately, trying to re-establish boundaries. Sam Axe. A chin that could kill (if chins could kill). Former Navy Seal, presumably something more in line with espionage as well, if his medals were anything to go by. Just the man kids could rely on to protect them from each other.

Sam Axe is shocked. The kids eyes are slightly glassy, there's a slight tremor in his hands, and he seems just on the cusp of developing a nervous twitch. The poor kid was not adapting well to the educational facility. "Nosir. Afraidnotsir." He says in a single breath. "Caught some shrapnel in my liver, sir. No longer capable of processing it and breaking it down." He paused again. "But if you wish me to acquire you some, I can arrange it, sir."

20. - Top - End - #770

Everyone in the School

An announcement over the PA comes out heard by everyone. "Uh, this is Sheriff Swan. I just found the Principal dead in his office. All students please report to your dorms and all staff to the conference room, please."

Sebastian

A young man in the back chuckles at your attempts to get the Elder Black to talk about his son. Him and his two friends stink equally of brimstone and cannabis. "Stop being such a loser, loser. You come in here asking about a white girl. You'd have better luck just telling them the truth."

Souske

"No, booze...ugh I feel sorry for you kid." Sam chuckles. "Nah I was just going to offer you a beer as you helped me work out a good cover for myself here..."

He begins to explain when the announcement is heard. "Can't ask for a better opening than that. You'd best get to your dorm room I'll talk to you tomorrow. Do not do anything else that will attract attention to yourself, that is an order."

Gary

Telephone signals to and from the school board fill the air. Mostly trying to help the Sheriff figure out who killed the Principal and who would replace him. The most likely candidate was an public school teacher from Miami that just got bumped up the later, some Chuck Finley. The odd thing about the man is that his photo looks exactly like Sam Axe's and his file just appeared on the school board's servers a few minutes ago.

Also Dr. McCoy and Mr. Smedry are missing. They have been singled out as suspects in the murder.

Panty, Smedry and Beast

The Lady takes the blood and smears it over her scars which glow a soft amber before fading into nothingness. She waves her hand over the lake and nods. "The portal has been modified according to the Angel's desire. She simply needs to enter it first thinking of her destination and it will take you all there."

Liz and Patti

The King and guard gladly accept the offered clothes.

"We're fine now. Of course I'm beginning to question my Father's decision to send us here. This school is just as dangerous as Kingkow under dark side rule." Mikala admits sliding on the top.

"It's just a little shrapnel from some crazy army dude fighting Angels. Just avoid the three of them next time and I'll be fine." Boomer says as he has a much harder time fitting into his borrowed clothes. Being several sizes larger than Kidd. The pants barely make it past his knees and the shirt will not button up no matter what he tries.

Stocking

"Leave the Servants alone. The book has plans for this Grail War, it's better we don't mess around with it too much." Atticuss says before the announcement.

"Uh oh. Get a move on before they think you are a suspect. You were already seen on the tape fighting Army boy in the cafeteria."

21. - Top - End - #771

Sebastian
    Sebastian smiles pleasantly, not dropping the disguise, though honestly that smell. Poorly hidden, and more to the point mildly arousing- he only held back because something so obvious also smelled of a trap...though, the wolf was so poorly chosen, perhaps stupidity WAS all there was to it...Whatever do you mean?

Stocking
    Sometimes when life handed you lemons, you made lemonade. Stocking couldn't stand lemons, didn't drink lemonade, and would honestly prefer a nice slice of cake at the moment.

She steps up and heads out- her mission, retrieve Bella. Who she couldn't get close to. Defeat Death's servants- who stayed close to Bella. Don't involve Archer who was going to involve himself until he achieved his objectives. Don't arouse too much suspicion...a nice slice of cake, that was what she needed to make of this- she attempts to slide into a crowd, trying to get an idea of where Bella was.

Panty
    Where I want? She started to think of home. Heaven- if she got back, well, they'd probably never notice. Screw this job- She was an Angel! Screw the priest. Screw the demons. Screw the humans. Screw...Stocking....

Panty sighs, Where are we going Prof?
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

22. - Top - End - #772
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    He rolls his eyes. Lovely, more of this. "Really? You think I care about that? To be honest, I'd rather die then have to deal with your damn government and all their little schemes." And he really would. More than anything.

"Now, if there's nothing else, there is someone I have to kill. Don't worry, he's of no interest to your bosses, so you don't have to get involved."

Shirou
    Having got out of the immediate cross-fire, he watches as the two mages have their confrontation. He should intervene, but there's almost nothing within his power at the moment. And whose side would he take…

No, that was foolish. Souske hated to see power used against weakness (even perceived weakness), and if he could he'd help the girl in a moment, even after she tired to kill him. That's just the sort of person he was.

He'd wanted to be a hero. And so fate had given him Harry, someone to be heroic against, someone to protect them from. He had to do something. But what…
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

Leavenworth clasps his hands together!

"Excellent! Now then, my instinctive response would be to forge on ahead...but there's people back at the school that I have the responsibility to look after: I'd venture to say you have the same, eh, McCoy?"

Gary Bell

Gary is only able to react in one specific fashion to this onslaught of news and updates.

"Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhh...."

24. - Top - End - #774
    Pixie in the Playground

The Bat Clan
    Tim and Stephanie were not particularly amicable, as exes went. Despite remaining essentially capable of working together, they couldn't get far without the odd bout of bickering that eventually degenerated into name-calling. One could hope they'd get over it.

The silent girl ignored the two of them, judging it all unimportant, and spent the time analyzing the body language of the other people at the stop, students and teachers. Here was one, fidgeting nervously as he contemplated explaining this morning's occurrences to his new boss- she could tell by the way he kept absent-mindedly preening, all while in a pose of submission to authority. There was a girl concerned about how to tell her boy-friend that she was two-months pregnant and the child wasn't his- the way she toyed with her tacky golden heart-shaped necklace and glanced around gave her away. Then she glanced at the Groundskeeper, and here her eyes widened. Something maniacally destructive had awoken in Willy's heart. Something that needed to be put down as soon as possible, for everyone's safety.

A moment later she's gone, having faded away in a manner that's almost supernatural, trying to approach her target.

Raven Roth and Servant
    Raven is trying to get a bearing on the magic duel, while Kongming is watching the three Bat-sidekicks, laughter dancing in his eyes. It's not contemptuous or in any way demeaning, it's simple, unfettered joy. He feels so glad to be born once more in a time of heroes, where even children can have achieved so much in so short a time.

Souske
    Some of the tension leaves his shoulders, which isn't hugely comforting as he's still looking stiff enough to be used as a tightly wound spring. The thought of a bed, and a full seven hours sleep makes him feel better, inasmuch as he's capable of emotions. It brings a certain relief, anyway.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Magician's Duel (Shirou, Harry, Alex, Salem, Mickey)
    Alex did not major in combat magic. And what she knew had not prepared her for this. Harry was an Auror standard wizard, who hadn't won countless duels on luck alone. She was defending herself using animated furniture, chairs, tables, desks and anything else handy whirling through the corridor in a parody of motion, acting as maneuverable shields by imposing themselves between her and the spells, and increasing the density of them in order to make them more durable.
    Then she decides to stop being reactive, and to retaliate with her own brand of skills. She takes a deep breath, rolls her shoulders, then blurs, and an identical duplicate materializes beside her. Then a third, then a sixth, then there are ten of her, all acting as puppeteers to the crude magical constructs. Now that's a trick. But are they reflections with her conscious split between them, or autonomous clones?

Mickey, meanwhile, gets to his feet, and draws himself up to his full height, all three feet of it. This is a very powerful servant, that sort of hit should have done more than make him a little unsteady. He fixes his gaze on Salem. "Do you enjoy this? The joy you find in death is nothing but a hatred of life that you are unable to feel. You are nothing but a jealous, empty monster. And if you are so eager to see death, then kill me if you can." His keyblade appears in his right hand once more. "If you think you're hard enough, ho ho."

Battle of Wits (Light, Death)
    Light goes quiet, and silence drapes over the room, mixed in with a certain dark tension you could cut with a knife. Then a vague and insubstantial shape forms in the mirror. It might be your mother, it might be an aspect of her (you just hope it's not Necron, all he ever does is tell you to kill people indiscriminately), or it might be something else. You can't be sure, it's too indistinct.

The Bat Clan (Cass, Spoiler, Tim, Kongming, Raven)
    Willie is in the grounds outside the school, which you are all still in, dressed in your superhero costumes with the exception of the heroic servant.

Panty, Smedry and Beast
    The lady stands on the water, her skin now smooth and fine as porcelain or china, cleared of her bindings. But by her nature, she was now bound by a stronger still obligation to repay you for the turn. The fey cannot abide a debt for long. So she continues to stare at Panty, waiting for her to articulate her desire.
    The other two of you, having little experience with the ancient race who walked the worlds before the coming of men, have no idea why she stares with such sweet longing at the angel who cleansed her.

Gary and Lelouch
    Soldiers are setting up around the school. One of them sees you and heads your way, a couple of others falling into line with him. They don't have their weapons with them, and from their attitudes you can see that they're just following protocol by routine. Still, you better get your answers sorted out…

Sebastien
    They chuckle at you, quite willing to be cliches, then one of them shoulders through the others to tower over you, big an imposing. He is huge, with the long, heavy muscles of a serious weight-lifter, though he's a little padded around the midsection, a very deep voice, and something is taking an obvious physical toll on him, despite the obvious strength of his body. Though he was in his twenties his hair was lightened by streaks of gray, and deeply lined with a fatigue that no sleep could banish.
    Unlike the others, who are all Quileute Indians, he's a Mescalero Apache, and the others are obviously afraid of him, their backing away now. "Alright, enough. Look, there's a lot of estate, and a lot of animals on it. So one wolf acts funny, doesn't mean we know anything. Now get out of here." Obviously, he's talking about the attack on Misa. Equally obviously, he's not going to say anything else unless you ask questions a bit harder.

Stocking, Souske
    You run into that soldier your idiot sister was drooling all over, who somehow failed to get the hint. Last time you saw him, he was brandishing a gun and threatening unspeakable things to anyone who so much as looked at her funny. That was before the alarms and everyone got naked. As an added bonus, you can pick up something to wear from all the nice military gentlemen he brought with him, who are in the process of fortifying positions all around the school. Wait a minute…
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-10-16 at 12:32 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Pixie in the Playground

Beast
    "Quite the contrary." Dr Hank McCoy replied, staring at Smedry. "While we do have a responsobility to ensure the safety of those under our care, right now that is best served by sorting this out, and removing the particularly dangerous portal, so that whatever influence whoever built it is trying to exert over the school cannot come to fruition, and removing this potentially dangerous environment from the school grounds. The longer we leave it, the more threat it poses."

Then he grinned. He might be a teacher first and a scientist second, but he was an adventurer third. "Besides. We crossed over to another dimension. We met an ancient nature genius loci, who warned us of an impeding threat. Does the next step sound like 'we went home' to you?"

He looked at the shore. "Now lets get off this lake, and have a scout around. We've got exploring to do."

Shirou
    Enough was enough. He closes his eyes, uses up the second of his three commands, and calls his servant.

Archer
    The white haired, red eyed swordsman appears next to his master, standing a good foot higher, and he folds his arms. He takes in the battle at a glance, then stares at Shirou. "I take it you want me to intervene, master." He says, with mock servility, even executing a half-bow. "And it doesn't occur to you that it is far more strategically viable to let them exhaust themselves against each other, then kill them both. Not particularly honorable, perhaps, so I imagine you want me to walk in there unarmed and demand they all surrender."

27. - Top - End - #777
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

Grandpa Smedry...blinks in surprise.

As an academic and secret agent, he'd had no idea how to be a proper teacher in a school. Mistakes had been made, and McCoy, with his stern remonstrations, had pointed out how Smedry's madcap antics could have consequences.

He taught an old man a new trick: how to look after students.

...Heh. Smedry had almost forgotten that Professor McCoy was a blue-furred omnidiscplinary scientist adventurer with a zest for the unknown!

The old Smedry grins.

"Not in the slightest." He replies, reaching into his jacket pocket currently draped on Panty and drawing out a new Occulator Lens, slipping it onto his nose. "In fact, I'd venture to say the next step sounds more like my favorite thing:

Infiltration."

Filled once again with the Smedry quality of zany energy, Smedry twirls about, facing the lady of the lake, bowing dramatically

"No need to worry, Vivienne my dear! We'll be settling your debt soon enough! But first we've got an appointment to sneak into the forsaken city of Idris, uncover a horrifying secret, get captured, break free, steal some kind of ancient scroll or tablet, and flee with perdition at our heels! Come now, Panty: think of this a an extra credit seminar! Forward, forward, I say! Work those oars! The one thing they never expect is the good and right strolling in through the front door!"
    Last edited by Colesign; 2012-10-16 at 01:18 AM.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

Beast, Smedry, Panty
    The boat makes it's way towards shore, gliding smoothly over the lake, rippling the waters only a little. It's a little alarming the details that are slightly off in this world. For one thing, the splashing doesn't make any noise, and the water offers no more resistance then the air. Though whether that's because the lake is enchanted, or whether your in another dimension isn't clear. The lady keeps easy pace with the boat, gliding along the surface, still staring at the angel in the back.
    There is a jetty, where you tie the fishing boat, and a path that leads up through the woods, and to the city. And standing on that road are three humorously divergent silhouette. Three men, one slim and long, one broad, one tall. To the untrained eye, they are nothing but that, three people who happen to have different body-shapes, standing next to each other for company (it's to be expected, humans, afterall, are a social animal), and facing the same direction (there are only so many directions one can face, afterall). But Smedry has been in the game a long time. He recognizes the signs.
    And only one group would send three men in such visual contrast with each other. The librarians themselves mostly stay in worlds they control, forcing order onto them and taking all the fun out of life. But they did have ways of spreading their influence, And the most feared of them was what you see before you. Their operatives in the three kingdoms, who work to once more enslave them by toppling benevolent leaders and installing puppet regimes, and assassinating anyone who got in their way. They were first formed in ancient Babylon, and have powers it's better not to think of.
    The Jack's of all Trades. Men who infiltrated every rung of society with their skills, then worked to destroy the system from the inside. The men you have long believed to be responsible for the inexplicable vanishing of your grandson, Alcatraz, almost a year ago under 'mysterious circumstances'.
    Mister Frost, a tall, slim, dark man with dark eyes, dark hair and a dark suit, but not nearly as dark as his heart. Mister Ketch, a tall, broad man, with hair cropped close to his big, bull-like head, and an axe he used to cut down the beanstalk that led to the kingdom in the clouds. And Mister (gulp) Horner, a tall man with an amicable expression and a blond ponytail, with a strong jaw, a smattering of stubble, and clear blue eyes.
    "Why mister Smedry, I do declare." he says, his voice lit with a slight American Southern twang. "When I heard the alarm go off and learned someone had blundered their way in here, I didn't expect to find you. Not at all." His smile becomes mean and vindictive, and he steps forward. "I should ask what you're doing here, but I think, that is we will catch you first. Every man-jack of us."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-10-16 at 02:56 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Pixie in the Playground

Beast
    Hank rolls his eyes. "Friends of yours, Smedry?" He asks lightly, cracking his knuckles loudly, then rolling his shoulders, muscles shifting under his skin in a way that was pretty intimidating.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Pixie in the Playground

[Interesting Plot Development...]

Leavenworth Smedry

Smedry counts his resources carefully. Three Lenses (The main pair, tracking, and disguise). No Talent, which may be a boon if he has to arrive somewhere in the nick of time. A few useful items in the coat pocket that Panty was currently wearing. His two companions, both very, very formidable...

...verses all that was twisted and dark about the Evil Librarians.

"Not in the slightest, my friend." He responds to McCoy. Not in the slightest.

Step one: don't let them see you sweat. In fact, go the extra mile and mock them: keep them from thinking clearly.

Smedry sticks his hands into his pockets, and laughs.

"My dear little jacks and jills...you lot are so endearingly naiive I could buy you all candy at the nearest kiosk."

He strolls forward, stepping off the stock, and strolling forward insolently.

"You fellow have no idea how much trouble you're in, are you? Honestly, I would have thought you'd have all realized this was two good to be true. To wit: You see me walk into this realm through the front door, with only a fallen angel and physicist as backup, ringing every alarm bell, barely any weapons, and no apparent idea of what I'm doing...and you take that at face value? You really think that you just got that lucky?"

Smedry clucks his tongue, shaking his head ruefully.

"You probably haven't even noticed the jamming field surrounding you, blocking your necromancy and many dirty tricks. Or the wireless data hack that'll supersede any communications you try to send back to your superiors. You probably haven't even noticed the dragon!"

There isn't actually any dragon. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

It's a secret.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2012-10-17 at 12:12 AM.