New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Archer
    He looks at Smedry like he started drooling. He must have hit him far harder then he thought. Then again, maybe failing to get the hint was just a usual trait to the old man. Acting certainly wasn't.

He stares at Smedry, his red eyes deep and cold, seeming to draw Smedry in and constrict him. Bombardiers eyes, ones that weighed him, and the shadow of something terrible crossed his handsome, familiar face. Smedry fears for his life. He can't help it, he was just swatted aside like he was nothing at all, and now Archer is looking at him in this manner...

Then Archer inclines his head, not lowering his eyes for one moment."I found your ideas about history being manipulated by a sect through controlling the information available to be most curious, particularly your hypothesis that by likewise controlling teaching methods they can influence each successive generation and define progress to set parameters and nudge change." He says, stating the core of Smedry's second lesson he planned on giving verbatim just to throw him well and truly off kilter. Being from the future has it's advantages when you've lived though it all before. "However, I find your evidence inconclusive. Your right that many cultures seem to share an information root, such as most having a Great Flood Story, and the existence of archetypes, but I prefer the Atlantis theory myself." He winks at Smedry's shocked look, then snaps his fingers.

He'll take the line Smedry offered him, because he really doesn't want to have to fight the entire Britanian military as well. And in exchange, he'll give him a few answers. Nothing much, but enough that next time this sort of thing happens, he'll keep his stupid head out of it before someone removed it. Then he sighs, and realizes this is exactly what happened last time. He just lost his first chance. Shirou should be bursting in the room right about...

Shirou
    Shirou bursts into the room followed by Gary and Oliver, only to blink as he finds Archer calmly talking. That's not what he expected at all. He closes his mouth and steps back. "The military is already here. We should probably go."

Archer
    Right. Just the same as last time. Well, he could use that to his advantage. First step was to change the rules of the piece. He's the only one who knows what's going on. That means he can take charge, and as he has all the information, nobody else can really contest him. "All right, I'm calling a truce. Demon, you got away. None of us got a good look at you. Now scamper." He glares around at the various watchers, daring them to protest. Nobody dares meet his eyes or open their mouths.

"Go back to your master. I'll find you sometime later this week, and we can finish this in private. You don't meet me when the time comes, I'll stop being so surgical about dealing with my targets. Everyone else get out of here, that includes you, little hooded girl who thinks I haven't seen her." His eyes are flawless. If something is there to be seen, he can see it. He doesn't even need a microscope.

"Except you, Smedry, and you, Panty and Stocking. The four of us have to come to an agreement." He cracks his knuckles.

Beast
    Beast picks up the phone, eyes the calling number, then straightens and places it to his ear. Chances are, she needs to vent. That's fine, this is just the sort of situation she'd want to vent about. So he doesn't speak. He just places it against his ear and listens intently, waiting to hear what she has to say.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Cass

There was nothing she could do here. And the military was coming. She was supposed to be incon...ignoc...udner...not Batgirl.

She returns to the rest of the students, her bookbag containing Stephanie's Batgirl costume in hand.

"Sorry. Was in bathroom. Couldn't get off bowel."

Stephanie

"Umm...yes?"

When Cass comes back, she throws her arm around the smaller girl in comraderie. Cass automatically tenses out of habit, but quickly relaxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #153
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

Smedry blinks as the Heroic Spirit goes along with the cover story...in strangely precise details. He's been around mind readers, and knows what poking through someone's head entails. This is different...

but he'll be blasted if he can't figure out what exactly happened.

If he feels fear at Archer's gaze, he doesn't show it, gazing back at the Counter-Guardian with crinkled, knowing, mildly amused eyes.

"You raise some interesting points about my course curriculum. When we meet again, we should compare notes about the necessary details for tommorow's class. Over sand witches. And tea. Do you like any leaves in particular?"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    "I used to drink Japanese style, so Green tea with no milk or sugar. Or do we say Eleven's now?" He says. "But these days, put half a cup of whiskey in it and I won't complain." He rolls his shoulders meaningfully. He's not stiff, but looking at him you'd never guess it, it's such a natural, human movement.

"Now, since the Demon got away, there's no need for us to be here. I'll leave, and Panty and Stocking, please join me and my colleague here to discuss your results." He inclines his head once. "Gentlemen."

Then he walks off like he owns the place, with just a bare hint of a swagger, not giving anyone the barest chance to object to these extremely unsatisfactory results. Then again, it's not like any of them could make him.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2011-12-19 at 06:04 AM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

Leavenworth hangs back to look after the students.

"Now then: is everyone alright? No one injured, aggrieved, needing to say something important? If anyone's unconscious, just raise your hand!"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    His back straightens slightly, his eyes snap forward, and he precisely places the phone against his ear. "Charlie-Foxtrot-Alpha-September, Zero-Nine-One-One-Seven-Nine." He says. "Infantry Sergent-Major Souske Sagarra, Tuatha Dé Danann division. Currently in combat situation."

Zim
    He has been the very image of a polite, rule-abiding student. So, at a later point, he can drag Smedry off alone and suck out his organs to appear more human. And to go through his head to find out what he knew about the librarians, of course. Then it would be a simple matter of striding over and demanding that they acknowledge him as their leader, and when they did, he could return to the Irkens in triumph.
    It was foolproof.

GIR
    The robot in a green dog suit is following the two angels, for reasons known only to itself repeating the word 'Chuck' repetitively and insistently.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

Black Dynamite
    He dodge-rolls to the right, stylishly avoiding the massive blade. He gets up, and yells, ignoring everything else that has occurred,"What the **** is your problem? I come here, politely asking for some insight into what is going on, and you throw that at me?! That's it punk, I'm going to beat some manners into you!" He then follows Archer, intent on making his face look like grapefruit.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

Panty and Stocking
    They are confused. An Angel...just let a demon get away. A rather powerful demon, considering how he jumped around Panty's shots and didn't get angry at her.

THE HELL!? YOU'RE JUST GONNA LET HIM GET AWAY! YOU JUST LET HIM GET AWAY!? THAT WAS A ONE WAY TICKET BACK TO HEAVEN YOU SONNUVA-

Stocking grabs her, Direct agent of Michael, Panty, direct agent.

...oh.

The two of them slip together, looking vaguely confused now, and simply waiting for Archer to give further orders.

Sebastian
    Sebastian does something he hasn't done in years. Runs. He runs quickly, trying to track back to Light. A Spirit. Two Angels. Together. That was...he needed to find Light quickly, very quickly. Bigger things were going on here than they thought, and this...this could only be the beginning.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    Black Dynamite searches, but can't find him. It's as though he simply vanished into thin air, or was never there to begin with. It's the damnest thing you've seen since you left the CIA.

Shirou, on the hand, does, as he's able to sense him, and they have a confrontation four corridors away from the path he left by. Some sort of localized teleport, perhaps, or some other means of travel that serves the same function.

"What the hell was that?"

"That was a demon. One I was doing my best to kill." Archer replied, maddeningly calm.

"What? So you just went and started that in broad daylight?"

"I didn't expect it to take so much time." He replies, infuriatingly calm.

"Well don't."

"Don't what?"

"Don't do anything like that again without telling me first. And yes, that's an order." His hand flashes, and the command sigul loses a few lines. A stupid order, because it was indefinite, Archer was practically free to ignore it, the power behind it was so spred out. But it's not reassuring. This happened last time as well.

"One down."

"What?"

"Nothing." He rolls his shoulders. "Well, if that's all, I have a few things to take care of. You just go back to school and pretend nothings' going on, there's a good boy." Something like contempt and anger flashed through his eyes a moment, but he didn't vocalize it. There was no point in telling your idealistic younger self 'If I knew then what I know now' Because you weren't the same person then that you are now. It wasn't what you knew, it was what you had experienced.

So he walked off, looking for Panty, Stocking, and more ways to rock the boat.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground

Everyone

Across the speaker system for the whole school the voice of the Principal rings out. "Due to disturbances in the dormitories classes shall be halted for the rest of the day and will pick up with regular Tuesday classes tomorrow. Any students in Boys Dormitory B54 you have been transferred to the unused Girls Dormitory E79. I trust you all to be mature about your temporary accommodations in the other wing. Thank you."

Funnily enough that only really effects Light and Shirou, every other male student has other arrangements or is in another dorm section. This even places them in the Dorm section next to Panty and Stocking.

Sebastian and Light

The demon comes out to see Light and Misa being talked to by some Brittannian Soldiers.

The soldiers nod towards Misa and go to comfort her. "Alright you're free to go. Just get out of here until we can secure the scene."

Hank

"You blue furred *******! You know damn well that you were not supposed to do anything that would draw attention to you. You were supposed to be wearing the holo watch I smuggled in from Aquator for you. Now I had to call in a crap tonne more favors to keep you from being shipped off to Pendragon to keep my brother company." Abagail rants, her brother being one of the Aliens secretly held and experimented on under the Royal Palace.

"You got to get out of there now and if you blow this, so help me I will be on the first flight to the capitol with a scalpel in my carry on."

Batgirls

Alice sighs as she looks over Stephanie and Cass, A Brittaninan stereotype and an almost mute number, not what she expected but they would have to do. "Good you two are the best equipped to help me deal with her."

Lelouch

Geri leads you calmly through the forest path until you come across the first Knightmare blockade. "Sorry gentlemen you're going to have to come with me. We have reason to suspect that the native have been dealing in smuggled Gaia Memories."

Gaia Memories, you seen them in Japan. Next to Refrain they were among the most common narcotics out there in the Areas. They imbue the user with great power at the cost of their mind and humanity. Transformative drugs were starting to push stimulants and depressants off the market.

"I can assure you they are not." Geri says calmly as he dons his horn rimmed glasses.

The soldier smirks skeptically as he keeps his gun pointed at you.

"Oh, silly me I forgot to introduce myself. I am General Geri Catmull, of Project Duey Decimal." Geri says calmly suddenly seeming a lot taller. In the occasional regular history class you attended before Smedry's you heard that name before. He was the leader of a still heavily classified black ops team that played a key role in the Second Euro-Asian war.

"My apologies, sir." The soldier lowers his weapon and allows you both to pass.

"Not to worry. You are only doing what the Emperor asks of you. Though if you don't mind me asking why do you think they are selling Memories?" Geri asks.

"There were two powerful metahumans fighting at the Fork's Ashford Academy. We are just covering all the bases until we learn something more."

Sosuke

Tessa's voice is firm but scared as she speaks up. "Souske, what are you doing? Get Isabella out of there before the pilots grab her, we can't let a Whispered that powerful fall into anyone's hands not with Kira and Zero both at that school."

Maka and Soul

"That would be bad but to give her a vampire and a Reaper in training would be even worse." Charlise explains just before the announcement comes out.

"Well it would seem the skirmish has ended. I suppose you'll want to deal with my soul now won't you?"
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Maka and Soul

Maka's eyes harden as she says, "As pleasurable as it was to talk to you you soul is to dangerous to leave hanging around. If another Kishin was to come into the world things would fall into complete and utter chaos. Madness would engulf the world, and this time Shinigami-sama would not be able to seal this one. So Mr. Carlise prepare to defend yourself." As she says this she takes a good look at where they are. The hallway should have enough room for her to swing her scythe if with little mobility. With that thought in mind she swings.

Kid, Liz, and Patti

As if a signal had been sounded Kid turns towards the only other person in the gym, Emmette. Looking at him Kid's face changes from his usual calm look into an all business look. "I'm sorry that I have to do this Emmette, but I have no choice. Emmette the vampire, you soul has become a Kishin Egg and is filled pure evil. A Kishin Egg soul has the capacity to become a Kishin, whose emergence into the world would dam* it to absolute destruction. Prepare yourself." Liz's face shifts into a focused expression along with her sister. The both of them glow and then turn into dazzling pink lights. Those lights then shoot forward and into Kid's hands and take the form of two guns. Kid then holds them in his usual grip of holding them away from himself using his pinky's to pull the triggers. He then fires a single shot at Emmette's chest.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    Well. Wasn't that a surprise. Lelouch walks in silence a few moments, drinking it in, then turns to the old man. They weren't sitting across a board anymore, and neither of them had any pieces at hand, but they were still playing chess. Of course, he doubted the General knew it yet. That was an advantage.
    Of course, only a fool revealed his strategy before necessary. Though they would be enemies, he was still placed in a very fortunate position, one he intended to take advantage of. Pausing a moment, his mind full of ideas on how to befriend the general, he decides it wasn't so hard afterall. The other man had already made the opening moves, he just needed to react as he always did. He would simply have to talk to him more,get him to open up, and attempt to arrange a situation for them to meet again. It wouldn't be too hard either, indeed if not for other factors it would seem inevitable.
    So he faces the general as they move through the blockade, and smiles self-deprecatingly. He's not very good at it, but the efforts there. "A general. And here I expected to learn you are a librarian."

Light Yagami
    Seeing Sebastien, he moves over surreptitiously to his Butler. "Explain when we're alone." He says softly.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

Many miles off, Leavenworth Smedry lifts his head suddenly, eyes widening: He sniffs at the air, mouth twisted into an unconscious snarl.

"I sense something." He says to himself absentmindedly. "A prescence I haven't felt since..."

14. - Top - End - #164

Smedry

Indeed it's a presence you haven't felt since the Librarians intervened in the second Euro-Asian was in the 40s. They managed to seal off Atlantis permanently and severely hurt any active militant movement in the Free Kingdoms. It's Geri Cutwald, one of the top book burners among the Librarians.

((Since I haven't read the books I've taken to making my own Library based silliness.))

Lelouch

His eyes falter slightly as you say the word Librarian. "Is that supposed to be a joke based on my old unit's name? If so it is in incredibly bad taste."

Maka and Soul

Carlise sighs deeply as he steps back from the wide swing of the weapon. "You're not seeing the bigger picture here. What could appear to have no soul and feed on perverting natural magics?"

He doesn't take any offensive action though instead focusing on avoiding your blows through a series of elaborate dodges and absurdly fast speeds.

Kidd and the Twins

The blast slams into Emmette's chest knocking him back into a wall. It doesn't do much more than stun him though as he quickly gets back up and aims a fist towards the Kidd's face.

"Damn reapers, you're always a pain in the ***."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Pixie in the Playground

[Totally works, although the Cult of Evil Librarians, inbetween burning unauthorized books...also catalogue them]

Leavenworth Smedry

The Occulator shrugs, frowning, and then, puting on his Occulator Lenses, crouches down by Bella's side.

"Excuse me, miss: are you alright?"
    Last edited by Colesign; 2011-12-24 at 12:30 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Steph

"Sorry, but who? And what do you mean? I'm just here on scholarship."
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "Not at all." He replies, lifting up his hands. "Nothing like that. I was simply illustrating how misleading first impressions can be." He caught the glimmer though. He's a gambler, though a gambler of skill rather then luck, and he[s good at reading the thoughts of other people. Suddenly it occurs to him that this is an opportunity. It's simply a matter of knowing what questions to ask.
    He staggers, seeming to trip, and as the general lifts his hands to steady him he brushes his head, knocking off his glasses. "I'm sorry." He says, bending over to pick them up, then hands them to him, meeting his eye as he does.
    The Geas of kinship activates, something like a silhouette of an eagle in the place of his pupil.
    "For the next hour, answer all my questions honestly, without making any attempt to resist." he says, his voice layered with absolute obedience.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-12-24 at 05:21 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Maka

She was confused, where was this line of questioning going. "There are many things that could do that. However some being have souls so big that they appear to have no soul because the sheer size of it puts it out of your line of sight. Like how Shinigami-sama's soul is large enough to cover all of the DWMA. Could Bella's soul possibly be that large.

She comes in with another swing this time as Carlise steps back to dodge this one the upper body of her weapon partner, Soul, comes out of the scythe blade and he attempts to hit Carlise across the face with a mean right hook.

Kid and the Twins

Kid brings up his left arm to block the punch to his face. Normally this would not be enough to block the assault. However a Skull made of purple energy was covering Kid's arm, rather like a bracer or shield. However it still strains him as he eyes widen in surprise at Emmette's strength. 'I-Incredible! I knew vampires were almost equal in physical prowess to us shinigami, but this ones strength is unbelievable! This could be tough.' Finishing those thoughts Kid brings up his right arm and puts the gun in that hand to Emmette's chest. He then fires three shots in quick succession.

19. - Top - End - #169

Maka

The punch knocks Charlise back into a window which cracks under the force of the impact. "You are on the right track but there is more to it than that. Now as much as I'd love to discuss this further I'd rather not die until I am sure the threat is contained. Until then Little Reaper."

Charlise smashes the rest of the window with his bare hands and dives down the two stories to the ground where he meets up with a unit of Knightmare pilots.

Kidd

With no defense the three shots strike Emmette right in the chest. He is knocked onto the ground and stops moving.

Lelouch

Geri's eyes take a small red outline as he meet's Lelouch's gaze. "Of course. I will answer any question to the best of my ability."

Smedry

Under the gaze of the Occulators Bella seems to have so aura of any sort at all. As if she were a black hole of all natural energies. She stirs slightly as she begins to recover from Cass's attack. "What happened to them? Are they alright?"

Stephanie and Cass

"If Bella has already witnessed magic then I don't have time for games. I know who you are and who you work for." Alice explains dryly.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "To begin with, tell me how the Zero investigation progresses since L met an unfortunate end. Tell me all the information you have on him, and what you suspect as well." Self preservation. He wasn't any good to anyone disappeared. And the mans answers would give him a starting point to further his questions.
    He's not expecting much, to be honest. He's in America, and Zero is mostly seen as a Japanese problem. Which was exactly why he was here, actually. Nunally could be left here where she'd be safe, and he could work on establishing contact with the American Underworld (which was of startling size), Resistance movement (that tended to lack vision, commitment and cohesion, as any dozen men who could get their hands on a couple of weapons seemed to style themselves the true face of the revolution and spent more time squabbling against others and themselves then so much as planning attacks. Carrying them out was such a rarity that the victims actually got state funerals.), and independent men who were willing to open up lines of supply in exchange for money.
    A general, even a highly decorated intelligence officer, was unlikely to have much to do with the case. Still, if he did know anything it would be useful. The best games of chess are won by manipulating your enemies perceptions by making them think they could predict you, a lesson taught by Machiavelli himself. It's how he'd won the game he'd played this morning, actually.
    Then, on a whim, he added "And tell me what you know of a man named Smedry." He claimed to be some sort of agent, a dangerous operative. He certainly acted more like a psychotic, but something about his alarming fantasy seemed too well-constructed to be entirely ridiculous. Assuming that was not all the product of Smedry's delusion, and his own credulous naivety by believing it even this far, then this man would probably know something, even if it was only a terrorist matching that description (which would by no means dispel his dangerous psychotic theory, but it might muddy the issue somewhat. One man's terrorists were another's freedom fighters).

Light Yagami
    He has led Sebastien away, and sits down on a bench, making no comment at all at the tattered state of Ryuk's clothing. He then makes a little twirling motion with his hand. "You left my room to trail the Code. Approximately a minute later you were lured into an engagement with a man with supernatural powers. Might I assume he is the vessel you warned me of?" It was actually something of a relief. He'd worried she'd have the same tastes as Ryuk and pick a devious, subtle individual like L he would be forced to match wits with, who already knew a lot about him.
    Instead, the man had marched to his door and tried to murder him directly. A brute. Which wasn't to say he was not still dangerous. Possibly too direct to deal with without resorting to permenant measures. Still, before the other side had all the advantages. Now they had both glimpsed each other.
    "His powers are apparently formidable, if you could not subdue him before he alerted the rest of the school. But every man has a weakness."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

...Perhaps it would be wise not to make skin contact with her.

"Oh, no need to worry, my dear! There's been a large amount of property damage, but to the best of my knowledge, no one's been hurt: at least nothing beyond a few lumps!"

He crouches down to her height.

"You're in Mr. McCoy's class, are you not! Delightful teacher! And Blue! A delightful blue teacher, eh? He was quite worried about you running off like that!"

Gary Bell

The mutant frowns.

"We didn't get to do anything. The fighting just stopped all of a sudden...because of talking."

He turns to Mr. Oliver. "We're late for our student-teacher meeting. We should reschedule."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Maka

Maka runs to the to the window to look over the edge, only to see that Charlise is already gone. With a sigh Maka steps back from the edge and her scythe glows blue for a moment. It then turns into light and shifts into the human form of her partner Soul. Cracking his neck he drops into his usual 'cool guy' slouch. "Tch, so uncool. He got away and only left us with a vague answer on that Bella girl." Maka on the other hand is very thoughtful of what Dr. Charlise said. She was on the right track with her hypothesis but there was more to it. What could there possibly be? It was then that her eyes widen as she remembers the words Charlise used 'magic'. Could Bella be a witch who was unconciously, or perhaps conciously, using Soul Protect magic? She had to think on this. Turning to Soul she says, "We should get back to the rest of the class. I feel as if we're involved in something big again. And this time I think that the black blood will be the least of our worries." With that the two of them head back to where the rest of their class is.

Kidd

Now was his chance to strike the final blow. Jumping back a bit Kidd says, "Your finished Soul Resonance! With that proclamation the trifeka of souls that are Kidd, Patti, and Liz synchronize, their Soul Wavelength harmonizing and producing incredible power. To those who can see souls Kidd's Soul just expanded a great deal. The two handguns in his hands turn into pink light and become two cannons that cover his arms up to the elbow and extend about 1.5 feet past his fingers. Liz's voice cuts in as she says, "Resonance Factor stable, noise is at 0.3 percent." Patti then cuts in saying "Black Needle Soul wavelength is charged." Liz again, "Feedback in 4, 3, 2, 1, FIRE!" "Death Cannon".

With that a large purple beam fires from both cannons that contain Kidd's condensed Soul Wavelength. Manipulating this wavelength he makes it to where it should only harm Emmette and his Kishin Egg soul and not destroy the floor.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-12-27 at 12:26 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    He looses a little tension. He'd expected his usual handler, Melissa Mao, and her usual wave of obscenities and lack of tact. Captain Tessa was a welcome relief, although he was less then enamored of the idea of her taking a direct interest in his life again. His usual methods for discouraging females from being attracted to him didn't work on superior officers.

"Received and noted." He says, then lowers the phone. It was true that Britanian Inteligence suspected some sort of connection between the two shadowy figures, indeed L had based his investigation on the assumption that the two were one and the same individual. Still, he questions the intelligence that led them to assume the two most sought after individuals were located here when all evidence pointed to them being in Japan.

But that was not his concern. His concern was making sure Isabella Swann was left alone, and so he walks up to the old man peering over her, arms folded in the manner of a young man who unquestionably has got his sh*t together and as a consequence has total self confidence. The sort of person who doesn't need to loom, or glower, or anything like that, because if you do try anything he won't even need to engage his brain to put you in the ground.

Bella is wondering why there are so many ridiculously good looking guys at the school. Smedry is wondering what he's supposed to do if the boy goes for his gun, after Archer removed his defenses and talent.

"Isabella Swann, it is of vital importance you come with me." He says in excellent English, with no accent at all. He looks like an Eleven, but he's never actually been to Japan, and in speech, tone and mannerisms he doesn't act like one at all.

Zim
    It's at this point the student who's definitely not an alien begins tugging on the old mans arm, disregarding any notion of personal space whatsoever. "Professor, there's an army of librarians marching on the school. Come with me, I'll show you." He says, remembering the insights the foolish human had foolishly given him access to. Now all he had to do was wait for him to fall into the perfect, carefully constructed trap, and then he would harvest his organs and find the secret rulers of mankind.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

Beast
    "I might have heard something like that." He replies cheerfully, letting her incoherent yelling bounce off him harmlessly. When you knew her, you got used to it.

"However, given the situation I thought it best to change tack. Roughly thirty percent of my class are metahuman, and I thought it best to be honest with them. They are the ones I'm here to observe, after all. If I extend the hand of trust, they are more likely to reciprocate." That and he refused to wear the hologram on general principle, although he kept that little bit to himself. One of them had to be tactful.

"Your used to dealing with subordinates. I know how to deal with teenagers, and all that is unnecessary. Trust me, everything will be fine." Then he pauses.

"By the way, I have to ask. Did you ask a Mithril division to infiltrate?"

Archer
    They are in a disused classroom, inhabiting the parallel lines but not the vertical ones. Making them, effectively, operating in this dimension in a way nothing but another spirit capable of taking any form it chose could detect them.

This was going to be the hard part. Impersonating something he doesn't know the slightest thing about. If he can pull it off, perhaps he can change things afterall. He didn't remember these two doing much, so harnessing them is an important step. He thinks. The problem is, once he's made changes it's all out of his hands, his advantage is gone, his knowledge no longer any use. Which means that not acting is usually the safest bet.

"Now. Let's discuss your progress, shall we?" He pauses. "You were banished, but that's all. Which means Michael thinks the two of you can still come around. You just have to learn your lesson." He crosses his legs. As long as he kept it vague, he might be able to get by.

25. - Top - End - #175

Hank

"Mithril? Those mecha monkeis sent someone into that farce of a school. Please tell me at the very least it isn't Sergeant Sagara." Abagail sighs her rage starting to subside.

Gary

"Yeah let's go." Mr. Oliver leads you back to his office.

"Well I now have no doubts about your computer powers. I need your help." He pulls a couple of little devices out of his desk drawer. What looks to be a large belt buckle with three coins, one showing a dragon, another with a falcon and the other a tiger. A pair of strange bracers that appear to connect to each other. Another bracer with what looks to be an ignition key tied to it. Finally a black bracer that appear to be shaped like some kind of dinosaur. They all are reaching out and searching for data but nothing is coming in like there was some sort of firewall around them.

"I'm a Power Ranger, these were my morphers that gave me my powers. One day a couple years ago they just up and stopped working. I want you to see if you can figure out why."

Smedry, Zim and Souske

Bella nods weakly. "As long as they aren't hurt they were too beautiful to die."

She doesn't even seem to see Souske as her gaze falls on Zim his skin starts slowly shifting to a lighter shade of green. "Who are you?"

Kidd

Emmette is destroyed his body is reduced to nothing but dust and the egg is gone.

Lelouch

"I have not been following the Zero investigation. Last I heard it was assumed he was not an individual but a title passed on between the ever changing leadership of the Black Knights." Geri explains in the monotone of someone held hostage by Geass.

"Which Smedry? I have known many men of that family. They are a family of rebels from the Free Kingdoms, they have been enemies of the Duey Decimal party well before our joining with Britannia in the Second Euro-Asian War."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(OOC: Darkblade do you know that when a Kishin Egg container is destroyed the Kishin Egg soul stays behind? The weapon partners absorb the soul to gain more power. This also had an effect of purifying the soul. I'm not sure if I told you this already, but if I didn't I'm sorry. It must have slipped my mind.)

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkblade View Post
    Stephanie and Cass

"If Bella has already witnessed magic then I don't have time for games. I know who you are and who you work for." Alice explains dryly.
    Steph and Cass

Cass just looks her over, hands in her pockets.

Steph, on the other hand, shifts noticeably, lowering her center of mass. It wasn't quite a martial arts stance...yet. Her hand goes to her own pocket, where a single batarang-one of the electric taser-rangs sits.

"And what are you going to do with this information-no, stupid question. Who are you?"

If Cass detects any hostility in Alice...

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    His hunch was right. He'd like to celebrate, but since it was really dumb luck that would be counter-productive. If he relied on chance, he'd soon destroy himself, the second his luck failed him. He turns his attention from Smedry for now, figuring he can probably tease that out of the man himself with only a little effort.
    "And the function of your unit is not just intelligence gathering, is it?" A rare opportunity, getting a chance like this. One he intends to capitalize to the utmost.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

Gary Bell blinks in fascination. "Huh. This is cool. My ability is the ability to perceive electromagnetic signals. It's different from other Technopath abilities. But I can still help. Because I'm clever, and..."

He waves his fingers around in the air, as if tuning an invisible radio.

"Because I think there's some kind of emissions. It could be an error message, or..."

[And Here I Turn to Darkblade to Supply some Details]

Leavenworth Smedry

Huh. That's not creepy. Not creepy at all.

By which I mean it's totally creepy.

And then the boy who's totally an alien starts trying to lure him to an isolated location where he can suck out his organs.

Two Problems...

Which Can Be Used to Solve Each Other!

"Zim! Zim, my dear boy! I was so hoping you'd show up!" Leavenworth says with a huge grin, reaching into his tuxedo pocket.

"Miss Bella Lugosi here has had quite the shock, and needs someone to escort her back to Professor McCoy's class, so that he'll know she's alright! And miracles of miracles, you show up! Bravo, I say!"

He seizes Zim's hand and pumps it up and down.

"Thank you very much for your generosity! In exchange for your service hear, it's my honor to present you with..."

He draws back his hand, and slaps a giant stick onto Zim's forehead.

"A Silver Star!"

He's read about this in Hushlander books. Students can't resist gleaming star stickers!

"Gain five of them, and you get..."

He leans foreward and stage whispers in a tone of rapt excitement.

"A Gold Star!"
    Last edited by Colesign; 2011-12-28 at 01:20 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

Lelouch

"No. Duey Decimal as it exists within the Britannian Military is a black ops unit specializing in the containment of the more unusual aspects of this world." Geri explains. There is a rumbling in a nearby bush, someone is coming.

Kallen

As you make your escape from the reservation you get an anonymous signal on the same channel that Zero uses. It's odd that he'd call you on the same day he arranged for a hard drop.

Zim, Souske and Smedry

"Swan, my name is Bella Swan." Bella corrects Smedry.

"Lugosi was a hack."

Gary

"They should be pulling in a signal from the morphing grid. I'm not an expert on the tech behind it but as it was explained to me it's an energy field that interconnects everything by tapping into it we can call upon ranger suits." Mr. Oliver explains.

The devices are not receiving any input but are indeed just sending out their faint signal in every direction into everything it can reach. The signal is not encoded but it is rendered in an unfamiliar language, one word keeps returning over and over again though, "Zordon".

Kidd

((No, sorry I've never seen Soul Eater.))

Above the pile of dust that once was Emmette Cullen floats the Kissan Egg.

Maka, Soul, Cass, Steph

There is no hostility in Alice's body language beyond that of someone getting increasingly annoyed that someone isn't understanding her. "I can't explain here but to put it simply this school is a trap..."

Then Maka and Soul return to their classmates, Alice looks over to them and stops talking as though she doesn't want them to hear.