New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Shirou
    He falls into step beside Cassandra. It takes her a moment to notice the big, slightly awkward and shy looking red haired boy, carelessly handsome and fit, but without any of the instinct that denotes a fighter. His body language couldn't be more different from his future self, he's generous and idealistic, compassionate and so transparent that you could read him without your training.

He's lonely. Pure and simple, he's recently lost someone close to him, and he feels isolated, afraid, and in need of companionship. He really wants to make friends. And more then that, he recognizes what it was to be alone.

"Where are you staying? Because I was thinking, I have a lot of rooms. Big, open, too much for one man. If you want, I could give you board." For all his intentions, he's very naive about how people act around each other.

Archer
    She did trust his sister. Then again, she trusted him, so what did that prove. "Well, she'll probably be a while. Are you cold?"

Beast
    "I wonder how you expect me to do any teaching, all these tasks you give me" he sighs, grimacing slightly.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beast

"No, not particularly. I got to go, keep your eyes out for the Omega mutant and don't let Zim or Sagara blow things up. I'll be in touch." Brand says as she hangs up leaving you there in the hall alone with both of your damage control targets and a barely conscious Bella Swan.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Panty
    Eh. A little. She leans back, not really sure where this is going. So....huh. What's it like working for Michael these days?

Stocking
    Hoping she's far enough away to avoid anyone, Stocking attempts to contact Corset through a mirror. That was how she did it, right? She wasn't particularly used to being a demon.

Sebastian
    More to the point, the Shinigami I knew wielded weapons, appeared humanoid, did all their reaping personally, and, of course, disliked me intensely. A smirk on his face, not so much that he is attempting to catch Ryuk off guard, as much as a bland smirk that implies he cares little for any answer given, that this merely passes the time as he waits for his shifting to end.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by darkblade View Post

Kidd

"Oh. no. I'm Mily Ashford the student council president. You look like you'd have an eye for decoration. I'm looking for some volunteers to help decorate for the year start dance. How about you?" The blonde girl says her wicked smile stretching so wide if you didn't know better you'd assume she's not human.
    Kidd

Kidd's eyes widen in awe at what the girl is offering while Liz's widen in horror. She grabs the girls hands as she says, "Run while you can. If you don't your dance will be a symmetrical horror..." Her sentence ends there as Kidd delivers a Jr. Reaper Chop to her head. It was his fathers perfered method of shutting people up and he could see why. Liz was currently squatting on the ground both hands on her head with steam rising up from the striking point. Kidd turns towards Mily and says, "Ms. Ashford I would be honored to help with decorations. I will be sure to make this dance a symmetrical masterpiece!!!" Kidd's eyes have stars in them as he is down on one knee and holding one of Mily's hands.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

Beast
    "Delightful. I will count the seconds." He says, then clicks off the phone. It's an older model, slightly old fashioned and nowhere near as sleek and small as many of the students have, but it's extremely functional. He tucks it away in the interior of his jacket, then folds his arms.

He doesn't say a word. He just glares disapprovingly at them and waits for them to buckle under pressure.

Archer
    Subtle wasn't really her thing. That was alright, he wasn't really in the mood for that anyway, and he felt like changing the subject. If it was left the way it was going, it was a matter of time before he got caught in a lie.

"Yeah, it's the wrong time of the year to get cold. And I suppose you're not lonely or whatever either. Want to have sex anyway?" Archer tended to be direct, and think in straight lines. It was one of his strengths.

"We have time, your sister will be a while, and I don't really have anything to say."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

Leavenworth removes his Tracker's Lenses from his brow...and the frames split in half, and the lenses themselves fall out and shatter on the floor.

"Blasted Blitterwarts." He grumbles, and scoops up the shattered frames: they can be reforged back in Nahalla, and he has a smaller back up set of Lenses...but that'll be for later.

"May I talk with you, Ms. Alice?" He asks, as the 'young' person walks off. "Or would you prefere another time?"

Gary Bell

Gary Bell keeps listening.

"Little Drummer Boy" refers to his transduction ability, the Servant must be those things that were fighting and causing architectural damage, but it's all still vague.

Gary starts searching the heck out of the phrases 'Servant', 'Ramierez', 'Bella Swan', 'Tsusaka', and 'Zardon': on a hunch, he tries scouring all the magic-related databases, and online libraries he can find.

7. - Top - End - #217

Gary

Zordon turns up nothing of value unless the morphers are calling out for a knock off pharmaceutical company that operates out of Area 8 (Brazil).

Ramirez is the name of quite a few hispanic wizards on the military's radar but most of them are either dead or imprisoned, not in a position to be informing former superheroes about magical warriors.

Tsukasa likewise is just a moderately common Japanese name. A few notable people have it but none of them seem to be likely to be giving Mr. Oliver his orders.

Servant on the other hand turns up a lot more information. They are the souls of great warriors summoned by a mage, most often to compete in large scale battles for the Holy Grail. They are bound and forced to comply with the will of their masters. If there is one in the school that would mean a student or staff member is an incredibly powerful mage and something bigger than you previously thought was going on here.

Bella Swan turns up nothing but a single encrypted file labelled "Project Ugly Duckling". It's encryption isn't too complicated but it would take you a good hour or two to decipher it entirely.

Smedry

Alice shurgs. "I was going to see if Charlise could give me a ride back into town since class has been cancelled but if you wish to talk I suppose I could wait."

Kidd

Mily smiles. "Good, be at Gym B tomorrow after last period. Bring your girlfriends if you want. Ciao"

With that the Student Council President departs down the halls.

Stocking

As she talks to the mirror a middle aged man walks up behind her. "Don't do that, the Gym Teacher is watching the mirror network."

Turning Stocking can see the man is starting to bald but compensates for this by having a overly well groomed moustache and an incredibly boring sweater vest that draws the eyes away from his bald spot. He is obviously human though. "My name is Atticus Murphy Jr. I'm also in Corset's employ you will commune with him through me."

His briefcase growls at the both of you for a moment. "If you wouldn't mind taking off your socks, the book doesn't like being around Angelic Weapons."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    A cold feeling begins at the top of his neck and slides down his spine, cutting through all his thoughts and concerns and leaving nothing behind but fear. Nunally. Nunally was still there.
    Lelouch sprints, running for the building as fast as he can. He's made ten steps before he remembers to breathe. In half a minute his heart is pumping battery acid, and his vision is wavering, black spots appearing in front of his eyes as he pushes himself, and his breathing is so fast and shallow it's formed one long, drawn out gasp. But he doesn't slow down. He just runs along the grounds, looking everywhere for his sister.
    In that moment, nothing else matters. Not Zero, not the revolution, nothing but finding his sister and making sure she is alright.

Light Yagami
    He simply relaxes thoughtfully, his eyes slightly glazed as he thinks. Then, with no ceremony or warning whatsoever, he gets to his feet and makes his way towards the school.
    "You will not be required for now, Sebastien. Please see to Misa." He says, in the offhand way he gives instructions he doesn't mean when he knows someone is watching.

Ryuk
    "You know, many worlds labor under the impression that anything from another world must be a demon. Humans might be interesting, but they do not know as much as they think. They never do." He's smiling. Of course he is, things have been getting stale, Light has been all but opposed, and suddenly there is talk of a war with heaven.
    "The Shinigami you know are nothing more then people with magical talent and certain training. Nothing but prey that's learned to defend itself." No contempt, as patronizing as the words are. Ryuk wasn't that sort of spirit. "We are the children of the reaper, the psychopomps tasked with deciding on the end of mortal life."
    The fact that he's as responsible as Light and that he may just have ended his existence occurs to him, given the way things are going, then it is dismissed. He is simply fulfilling his function. It's hardly his fault if the owner of his notebook happens to decide to try and kill angels, is it?
    Anyway, he really wants to watch this.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

Black Dynamite
    He just shrugs and shakes his head saying," Eh whatever, we're cool. Honestly, I can't even begin to describe what the **** happened. I feel like someone has been spiking my drinking water with smack, because it's the only way I can think of to explain what went on. Seriously, some crazy cracker made a big-ass sword appear out of no where, and threw it at me; how the **** does that make any sense sober? I swear, everything gets more confusing each day, I liked it better way back when, everything was much simpler. You knew who or what exactly your enemies were, didn't have to worry about all this calorie nutrition health bull****, gas was cheaper, and the TV didn't have ten thousand channels and nothing to watch. Ah whatever, I'm done ranting, are the kids okay at least? Cause if that mother****er hurt any of them, I swear I will mount his head above my mantel!"

10. - Top - End - #220
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

Bella Swan turns up nothing but a single encrypted file labelled "Project Ugly Duckling". It's encryption isn't too complicated but it would take you a good hour or two to decipher it entirely.
    Naturally, Gary elects to start deciphering it NOW!!!!

...while also walking back to the dorm, and not attempting to engage anyone in conversation.

Leavenworth Smedry

"I only wished to ask one thing. Your sinister foretellings about Bella Swan: could you go into more detail?"

11. - Top - End - #221

Smedry

"Alright, as you know the Librarians have revealed themselves to the Britanian nobility back during the Second Euro-Asian war when they sealed Atlantis. Bella Swan is the ultimate result of that alliance, an entity that feeds on the magical energies that both parties wish to either control or failing that stomp out entirely." Alice explains as she walks towards the front parking lot.

Gary

You make it back to your dorm before finishing the decryption. You managed to decode enough to see it's a military project, under the supervision of General Geri Cutwald. The Second Euro-Asian War hero who led his unit Deuy Decimal against the still mysterious Aquatic bio-weapons of the EU.

Back in your dorm room you see Dr. Rosen tried to call your phone.

Dynamite

"Nobody was hurt." Charlise says calmly putting an odd emphasis on the word "body".

"Tell me Mr. Dynamite, do you believe in magic?"

Lelouch

"Lelouch Lamberouge!" The stern voice of an angered woman calls across the rubble. As you turn to see who it is you are greeted by a slap across the face.

"You abandoned your sister here to fend for herself while you gambled with your savings on the reserve. If it wasn't for Light, Nunnally probably wouldn't have made it out of here!" Shirley yells at you, Nunnally sits quietly in her chair looking in vain towards a ground she cannot see.

12. - Top - End - #222

Sebastian
    Ah. He finishes re-arranging his appearance; no longer even a slight trace of his trademark appearance left, he instead resembles a brunette Claude, from so long ago. The sharp, raven like image his face used to cut replaced by Claude's stony visage, less sardonic and far more cold.

I have been given my orders. I suppose I shall attend to them. With that, he goes to attend to his 'instructions' or at least pretend to. So much to do, so little time. This could only get more interesting.

Panty
    Can we? That got me kicked out of Heaven. Its more an observation than even a token 'no.' This isn't one of those stupid test things is it?

Stocking
    She removes her stockings, casting them aside for the moment, Whatever. Look, there's an angel here from Michael and he hasn't realized I've fallen yet but I think he's going to soon and he looks suspicious and- It's at this point she stops to breath, calming down just slightly. Enough that her sentences aren't run-ons, anyway, I'm not sure what to do. And there is a demon in the area and I"m unsure as to his allegiance.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    He all but slides to the floor in relief when he sees his sister, unharmed. For a moment, he'd feared the worst, and it had driven all else from his mind, from his carefully maintained and pragmatic rationality, to his plans for the future. For a moment, he'd been reduced to a concerned human being threatened by the loss of his only true companion.
    Then, seeing her safe, he relaxes a little, and finally remembers to breathe, expelling a lungful of air in a relieved sigh. Then he regained a little composure (a little, his face is flushed, his clothing disheveled, and he's shaking slightly with exertion and the beginnings of fatigue, given his general standard of physical fitness) and straightened his jacket.
    "Shirley, you know I'd never have willingly put my sister in any danger." He says, not having to fake sincerity for a change, then leans over, as though inspecting her for some imperfection, while he makes sure she's alright. When he's satisfied, he stands up.
    "I owe you both an apology. And it looks like I owe Yagami my thanks as well." Somehow, he always feels a little awkward around Shirley.

Light Yagami
    "Excellent." He says, then, straightening his red tie, the only splash of color on his otherwise fairly subdued clothing, goes to inspect his new room. He'll return to lessons afterwards, if they haven't written off the day.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-01-08 at 07:34 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    "If you think your up to it." He replies, in an almost indifferent tone. She's used to being looked at as an object of lust, and while there is certainly an element of lust in his red eyes, it's more hungry if anything. "No, this isn't a secret test of character. Only humans get those. This is just about making each other feel good."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Pixie in the Playground

Grandpa Smedry

Grandpa Smedry wishes he had some Truthfinder Lenses on him: but to the best of his knowledge, Alice is telling the truth.

Which is Bad.

"Jibbering Jello!" Grandpa Smedry exclaimed. "Somone who can eat magic: every magic wielder's worst nightmare!"

The death of wonder. THe perfect means of creating an orderly world. An blissfully ordinary world.

A Boring World.

"Does she simply act as a sucking vortex for magic...or can she employ the power she absorbs?"

If she's simply a vacuum cleaner for magic, she's dangerous problem, but a limited problem.

If she could sweep up magic while simultaneously turning it against enemies...even worse.

Gary Bell

Gary dials Dr. Rosen's phone. When he hears the line pick up (all the while still picking away at the encrypted file in his head).

"Hi, Dr. Rosen. It's me Gary. I have a lot to tell you, except I can't tell you anything."
    Last edited by Colesign; 2012-01-08 at 10:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draxx View Post
    Shirou
    He falls into step beside Cassandra. It takes her a moment to notice the big, slightly awkward and shy looking red haired boy, carelessly handsome and fit, but without any of the instinct that denotes a fighter. His body language couldn't be more different from his future self, he's generous and idealistic, compassionate and so transparent that you could read him without your training.

He's lonely. Pure and simple, he's recently lost someone close to him, and he feels isolated, afraid, and in need of companionship. He really wants to make friends. And more then that, he recognizes what it was to be alone.

"Where are you staying? Because I was thinking, I have a lot of rooms. Big, open, too much for one man. If you want, I could give you board." For all his intentions, he's very naive about how people act around each other.
    Stephanie

Cass is about to reply with her usual terseness, but Steph cuts in. Or rather, Cass lets her.

"Thanks! But we've already got an apartment in town."

Cass slings an arm around Steph's shoulder.

"But we haven't had dinner yet, so...want to come over? I'm making my extra-famous Brown Family Casserole!"

Cass tries very hard not to shudder.
    Last edited by industrious; 2012-01-09 at 01:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

17. - Top - End - #227
    Pixie in the Playground

Shirou
    Shirou was in some ways saddled with an unfortunate view on the opposite gender, as where many of the Brittanian upper class, who spent most of their lives in the company of men and when the time came had no idea how to interact with their female equivalents. He was not born into it, but having lived most of his life enjoying the sort of privileges most can only dream at, from his every whim taken care of, all the luxury he could ask for, a loving if a little strict surrogate father quite willing to unravel the secrets of the universe, it was easy to be a little out of touch with modern thought.

His particular blindness was that he'd mostly failed to grasp women's push for independence. Which wasn't to say that he was sexist or in any way misogynistic, quite the opposite in fact. It was just he looked on them as delicate flowers to be cherished and protected, kept from danger and work, and otherwise looked after.

Chivalrous, yes, but chivalrous in an old fashioned and slightly patronizing way. He's a little surprised, and perhaps even a tiny bit scandalized, at the idea of two women living alone without a chaperone. However he keeps that to himself for now, instead smiling graciously and giving her a grateful look. He has a face intended for smiles, one cannot help but want to smile back.

"I'd consider it a privilege." He replies, inclining his head, then walking away, finally leaving them alone.

18. - Top - End - #228

Smedry

"Well maybe feeding isn't the right word. More she changes it, turns the energy into something less threatening. This is what she does to vampires..." Alice says as she holds her arm out to a sunbeam coming in from a window. Her arm radiates with the glimmer of diamonds.

Gary

"And why can't you tell me?" Dr. Rosen asks rather annoyed.

The next set of encrypted information reveals that Bella Swan is an engineered Alpha meant to absorb magical energies and alter them into less dangerous forms.

Lelouch

Nunally looks up and smiles at you but Shirley still has anger left to spare. "You still shouldn't be out there. Anyways you'll get your chance to thank Light tomorrow. Milly invited him to the Student Council."

Stocking

"The Demon's name is Sebastian. He's on a soul contract, don't get involved unless you have to but if you must he can be killed." Atticus explains.

"There is an Angel in the school but he's only a Guardian not a Warrior. None of Michael's Men are here."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

"I just can't..."

Gary thinks frantically for an excuse he could make that would convince anyone who might be theoretically listening.

"...because lots of hormones are making me cranky and adolescent."

While Rosen is digesting that, he forges ahead, opening up his computer and typing out a string of numbers in his email.

"Anyways, have you checked your email lately? I think my Uncle Beale is trying to get in touch with you about that book he lent you. The one with the green color."

Gary is referring to one of Dr. Rosen's old psychology textbooks in his office, well-thumbed through...which Gary has read cover to cover.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary's going to send a Cipher containing all the info he's gathered to Dr. Rosen via a classic book cipher.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

Leavenworth had wondered why Alice sparkled when viewed with the Occulator Lenses. And now he knows.

"I'm sorry." He says quietly. "I'm so sorry."

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    "Excellent." He says, as though he really were thrilled with the information, then walks over to Nunally's chair. Shirley is still glaring, so he turns and looks her in the eyes. "Listen, I was being irresponsible, I admit that, but it's not as simple as it seems. I have my reasons. You can trust me." He gives her a smile that's all the more warming because it's genuine, not the far more commonly seen one that is just him being charming and deflecting attention, then squeezes her arm and takes Nunally towards their new dorm.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #232

Stocking
    Ohhhh. But wait, if he isn't with Michael, who is he? Angels didn't lie. Well, she did, obviously. And so did Panty. But they were...well, she was fallen. Panty was more...on probation. But still, the point remained that most angels didn't lie. It wasn't really done. After all, if an angel didn't trust you, it usually meant you were a demon and then you got killed.

Panty
    Sounds good to me. She could not stand those 'secret test of character' things. And frankly, a good lay would be a welcome change of pace from today's disappointment after disappointment. So, here or my place?

Sebastian
    So much to do so little time. Still, any real investigation would requires the cooperation of the 'authorities' and as such would have to wait until tomorrow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

23. - Top - End - #233
    Pixie in the Playground

Archer
    He liked the lack of reluctance. "Just relax and let me take care of you." He replies, walking over, gathering her in his arms and then drawing her to himself, pressing her against him just the right amount of forcefully. Then he was kissing her as they burned against each other and later, much later, they pulled away, eyes wide, cheeks flushed, and drained by exertion, both of them satisfied for the moment. That cold feeling would come later, but for now both were sated.

Archer gets up, without much in the way of tenderness to offer her now that the connection was passed, and little inclination to give it if he did. It hadn't been emotional, it had been strictly a mutual taking care of needs. She'd had an itch that needed scratching, and he'd filled up the mana he'd spent fighting Sebastien, plus a little more besides, a weeks worth already. She had so much to offer, and he'd only taken a little.

He stretches, then begins getting dressed, replacing his clothing Panty had torn off. She does like the way he looks, all wiry, toned and well defined muscle without a spare inch anywhere to be seen. His skin was a dark bronze, with long, white scars standing out starkly where the flesh had healed imperfectly. His hair was stark white all over his body as well, what little there was. If she had any doubts as to his credentials as a supernatural being, she lost them around about the forth round. He'd proved more then adequate.

Of course, now it was over, and the world hadn't stopped turning for either of them. He still had a war to prevent, she still had to find a way back into heaven. "Well. That was something." He says, cupping her chin. "I'd better get back to work. Same time tomorrow?"
    Last edited by Draxx; 2012-01-10 at 07:35 AM.

24. - Top - End - #234

Everyone

The sun starts to set outside bringing forth the first night.

Stocking

"My bet is not an Angel, beyond that, eh I got nothing." The man says as his Northern Britannian accent slips out.

"Anyways I got a cult to manage. Book a guidance appointment for later in the week I'll set up a channel for you to call Corset. Peace." Atticus says as he walks away his suitcase still growling. He doesn't seem like the usual Satanist.

Sebastian

As you leave the dorm room you come across the green haired woman from before. "Well, done there demon. Half the school and some of the local military know your face now."

Lelouch

Shirley smiles but doesn't say anything as you wheel Nunally away. You return to your dorm room to find it empty, C.C. is nowhere to be seen. Normally this would simply be annoying but she left half a pizza sitting on the table that is quite unlike her.

Smedry

"We were test subjects but we managed to use what strength we had to escape. Best we can tell that disturbance you felt was a trap, they wanted every magical being they could get in this school for her first real job." Alice explains.

Gary

"What are you-oh of course I have that book right here." Dr. Rosen says

Maka, Kidd, Etc

The two parties of Shinigami are reunited to discuss the events of the day.

Shirou, Cass and Steph

Bruce paid for a nice apartment just inside of town. It's nothing too special but it much nicer than the two girls could have afforded on their own. Upon the table sits a plate of improbably fresh cookies with a note.

"With regards from Master Bruce - Alfred".
    Last edited by darkblade; 2012-01-11 at 11:02 AM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kidd, Maka, Ect.

Both parties gather outside the dorms as a meeting place. Deciding to speak first Maka says, "I ran into one of the Kishin Egg soul containers today. Dr. Charlise Cullen. He is much more knowledgeable than I expected him to be about us. Also there is something going on that revolves around that girl, Bella Swan I think her name was?"

Soul just scoffs as he says, "Yeah, that mousy girl. Not really sure what the big deal is but she is definitely odd considering Maka couldn't see her soul."

Liz perks up as she says, "Man you guys need to get on the ball. We already took out one of the Kishin Souls, Emmette. All brawn and no brains that one. Didn't suspect a thing until Kidd had me pointed at his face. It was touch and go when he almost broke through our shield, but he went down hard when the Thompson sisters whooped him." Patti laughs out loud as she says, "Yeah, that big guy didn't stand a chance."

Kidd meanwhile looks contemplative upon hearing that Bella had no soul. Perhaps they should...? Kidd nods as he says, "Maka, the fact that the girl you spoke of is troubling. I think we should speak to my father." Maka nods as she takes out a hand held mirror. She breaths onto it to fog it up and starts writing numbers on it. "42-42-564 whenever you want to knock on Death's Door." The mirror starts shimmering for a minute as they try to contact Kidd's father Lord Death.

(Do you want to control Lord Death Darkblade or should I?)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

"That's good." Gary replies

The text body of the email looks something like this...
    Spoiler
    Show

33:40 20:17 56:89 2:34 6:30 12:30...

(This doesn't actually translate to anything: it's just an example.)

Gary tries to keep engaging Dr. Rosen in small talk.

"How's Cameron and Rachel and Bill and Nina?"

He finishes up the email, containing all the information he's managed to gather today, and sends it to Dr. Rosen's email address.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    Something tightened in him, seeing the emptiness where she should be, but he would not concern himself with that until Nunally was taken care of. His new dorms were smaller, without the extra room and only a single bathroom, but that wasn't a problem either. There was more then enough space for the two of them.
    Normally he'd read her a story, or play some music, but that was out of place, considering the circumstances of the day, so instead they sat in comfortable silence, his brow furrowed in concentration.
    "Brother?"
    Lelouch reached over and took his sister's hand from where she was sitting. "Are you ready for bed, Nunnally?"
    The crippled girl smiled happily and squeezed his hand. "Yes, although… is everything alright?" Nunnally frowned slightly, tilting her head to the sound of his voice, a movement Lelouch had always imagined was in place of searching someone's eyes for the truth. "You seem... well..."
    "Ah, you're as perceptive as ever, Nunnally," Lelouch replied a little chagrined into Nunnally's faltering silence. Blind and crippled she may be, Nunnally still picked up on his moods better than anyone else, even if the reasons for his disposition weren't always clear. He sighed deeply, realizing that Nunnally was at least partially correct in this situation was still bothering him. "I should have been there, Nunally. I was dealing with something else, and I left you in danger."
    "It's alright, brother." She squeezed his hand reassuringly. "You can't be everywhere. Light saved me anyway."
    "Yes." He sighed. "It would seem I misjudged him. Yagami really isn't a bad person, it just takes everyone time to get over the fact that he once was an Eleven."
    "Like Suzaku?" Nunnally questioned, her face open with thin eyebrows raised.
    "Like Suzaku," Lelouch agreed, squeezing her hand again. "Now are you ready for bed?"
    "Yes, Brother."
    Lelouch stood up, and moved around behind the wheelchair. Grasping the handles, he wheeled it gently into Nunnally's bedroom, locking the brakes next to the bed. Pulling back the blankets, Lelouch turned back to his sister. Her arms were lifted expectantly, and Lelouch completed the near ritualistic hug that lifted her out of the chair and onto the bed. Lelouch straightened her legs, and then together, brother and sister pulled up the covers.
    "Comfortable?" he asked, sitting on the mattress to her side.
    Nunnally nodded. "Goodnight, Brother."
    "Goodnight, Nunnally."
    Then he turned and opened the door, stepping into the corridors to go find C.C. It had been a hell of a first day of school, but some instinct told him that things were only beginning. A man well used to being in tight control of his situation, he didn't like that. Not one bit.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2012-01-11 at 08:09 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

"Chittering Cherryhs! This school is a Trap?" Leavenworth exclaims in horror.

"Follow me quickly: I need to make sure they haven't found my escape route!"

He begins walking at a very fast pace: the perks of having his Talent knocked out is that he doesn't have to hurry.

"If my escape route is uncompromised...we may have a means of evacuating everyone!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Through much trickery, the cabinet in his classroom contains Transporter's Glass: it's bit of glass-based teleportation magitech, which swaps two different groups of masses across vast distances: on the other side is a crew of technicians who manage this, a contingent of Crystallia Knights...and the Kingdom of Nahalla.

...Is this implausible?
    Last edited by Colesign; 2012-01-12 at 12:16 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Pixie in the Playground

Zim
    The tiny Irken invader heard everything, and he all but shivers in glee. Now all he has to do is divine the location of the route. Then he pauses, and a homicidal gleam sparks in his eye. his clawed hands, covered in their advanced armor, and his lipless mouth peeled back, exposing his uneven teeth. There was more then one way to get information.

This called for a subtle, careful, well-conceived plan that accounted for all possible consequences and eventualities. He nodded thoughtfully to himself, then stepped out of cover, drew his blaster out of his pak, and before either of them so much as had time to blink he drew it back and forced it into Smedry's open mouth, as the old man continued verbalizing his thoughts.

The Irkens were exceptionally advanced. This weapon was intended to tear through bunkers, and fired a steady stream of green lightning like energy that shears apart the target's atomic bonds, literally stripping their bodies apart atom by atom and molecule by molecule. If he so much as brushed the trigger, Smedry wouldn't even have time to realize he was dead, and wouldn't leave so much as a greasy smear behind.

"I will require a dozen of those golden stars you mentioned." Zim says coldly. How better to greet his new slaves, then with such an expression of importance gleaming proudly on his chest, testaments to his superior intellect and the wide scope of his achievements? Indeed, was not such his due, even privilege? "No, make it two dozen."

He drew back a terrible, spiky protrusion on the side of his gun, and a dull humming that rattled his teeth, making them feel as though they were shaking out of his gums as something deep within the barrel began to glow.

"And I shall need directions to your escape route. No doubt it leads to the secret rulers of the world you mentioned. It is time that they got acquainted with their new supreme grand overlord!" He threw back his head and laughed maniacally. He did not, however, remove the gun.

Souske
    He waited patiently for someone to do something that justified his intervention while surreptitiously keeping an eye on Bella. Not by acting casual and using body language to remain in the background as most tails preferred to rely on, but by utilizing a series of growingly improbable hiding places, in a way that could be construed as creepy stalking, except that he was exceptionally good looking, which seems to let one off the hook, and there was nothing remotely predatory or sexual about his interest. He was just a man doing a job.

It's then that he spots the alien threatening his teacher. For a moment he pauses, caught between duty and human decency, then, unexpectedly, falls on the latter. He can resume guarding Bella later. For now, he has a life to save.

He never got around to reloading his guns with harmless bullets, so it looks like he'll be shooting to kill, just as soon as Smedry moves a little and gives him a clear shot.

30. - Top - End - #240

Sebastian
    What face? None of the trademark grins now; though whether it's to maintain the current face, or a show of how he is treating C.C is impossible to tell, perhaps even for him. And I do apologize for the damage done to what I presume included your room. More to the point, outside of the spirit, few should know my nature. In a world of aliens, spirits, and mutants, I could be anyone and anything. The beauty of mortals, really. He turns to look at her, And what is your place here, witch?

Stocking
    She nods, slowly, more than a little confused. If he's not an angel... She stops. Slowly turning around as a voice murmurs in her head...

He fooooled you.

She couldn't just dash off and slice him in half before he did something to threaten her...she couldn't. Maintain your cover. Slice him up later; talk to Panty about this. Double team him. She slowly starts to head to her class, going over her planned vengeance in her head. Oh, yes, there would be blood.

Panty
    Eh. Sure. No one else here seems worth my time anyway. There wasn't really any deeper thought going on in her head. She was simple. Basic. Nothing wrong with that, at least if you asked her.

And like that, she's heading to her class. Hmmmm, maybe this day would actually go normally.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar