New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default [Pathfinder] Legend of Zelda Rules Compendium (PEACH)

So, in honor of finally getting myself a copy of Skyward Sword, I thought I would put this together.

I'm admittedly not the best at homebrewing stuff, so I would very much appreciate whatever help I can get here. Also, Everyone is welcome to homebrew their own takes on different Zelda races/monsters/feats to go with them/etc in this thread, and I will be happy to link to them in this top post.

Contents:

Races:
    Hylian
    Goron
    Zora
    Kokiri
    Gerudo
    Sheikah
    Deku Scrub
    Skull Kid
    Stalfos & Stalchild
    Goriya
    Moblin, Bulblin, Bokoblin & Miniblin
    Anouki
    Sword Spirit
    Rito
    Korok
    Kikwi
    Ancient Robot (LD-301 and LD-00 Series)
    Mogma
    Parella
    Lizalfos (By Machinekng)

Monsters:
    Darknut (By Machinekng)
    Chu (By Machinekng)
    Armos (By Machinekng)
    Poe (By Machinekng)

Weapons:
    Clawshot/Hookshot (By Machinekng)
    Ball and Chain (By Machinekng)
    Bombs (By Machinekng)

Other Items:
    Spinner (By Machinekng)
    Dominion Rod (By Machinekng)
    Deku Nut (By Dragonus45)

Spells/Domains:
    Courage, Wisdom & Power Domains (By dspeyer) (3.5 ed. Needs to be converted to Pathfinder)
    Dominion/Song of Command (By Machinekng)

Classes/Prestige Classes:
    Bombardier (Prc) (By Machinekng)

Requests/To Do:
    Twili

---
    Hylian

The most common race in the land of Hyrule, Hylians come in all sorts of different shapes and sizes, jobs and occupations. Their most defining features are their elongated ears, which supposedly enable them to speak with the gods.

Hylian Racial Traits:
    Medium Humanoid
    Base Speed: 30 feet.
    +2 to One Ability Score: Hylians are quite adaptable, and suited to a variety of situations.
    Bonus Feat: Hylians receive a single bonus feat at level 1.
    Skilled: Hylians gain an additional skill rank at every level.
    Hear the Gods: Hylians gain a +2 bonus to Knowledge (Religion) and Spellcraft checks.
    Languages: Hylian, Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages like druidic.)
    (Note: Hylians are pretty much just standard humans anyway, so I left them as is. If you think of anything that might make them stand out a bit more, feel free to say so.)

Goron

A mountain dwelling folk. Gorons are heavy and tough, but tend to have a peaceful, easygoing demeanor. They subsist primarily on rocks, and living so close to stone, they often become expert smiths and metalworkers.

Goron Racial Traits:
    Medium Humanoid
    Base Speed: 20 feet, however, a Gorons retains this speed even with heavy armor on.
    +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence: Gorons are monstrously strong, and possess brains of stone which are slow to accept new ideas, but retain old ones well.
    Darkvision 60 ft
    Stone Plating: A goron's back is covered in a series of rocky growths, which give him +1 Natural Armor and Fire Resistance 5.
    Density: A goron is immensely heavy for its size, and is unable to swim. A goron automatically fails any swim check it makes unless it is granted a swim speed, in which case it may take them at a -5 penalty.
    Stability: Gorons receive a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
    Skill Bonus: Gorons have a +2 bonus to Craft or Profession checks dealing with stone or metal, and a +2 Bonus to Knowledge (Dungeoneering) checks.
    Goron Fists: Gorons gain Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat.
    Language: Hylian and Gor. Bonus Languages: Deku, Moblin, Giant, Dwarf, Terran, Ignan and Draconic

Zora

A graceful fishlike race, the Zora live in the rivers, lakes and oceans of Hyrule. Zora can be hot tempered, and make excellent hunters and musicians.

Zora Racial Traits:
    Medium Humanoid (Aquatic Subtype)
    Base Speed: 30 ft, Swim Speed: 40 ft. As with all creatures with a Swim speed, Zoras have a +8 bonus to Swim checks.
    +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution: Zoras are swift and graceful, but their bodies can be somewhat frail.
    Amphibious: Zoras are equally at home on land or in the water, and can breath in water as well as air.
    Low Light Vision
    Lateral Line: Zoras possess an organ in the back of their heads which allows them to detect movement in their general vicinity. (In famales, this manifests as a pair of eye-like markings on the side of their head.) This grants them a +2 to Perception checks. In addition, when submerged in water, Zoras cannot be Flanked.
    Weapon Proficiency: Zoras are automatically proficient with Shortspears, Spears, Javelins and Tridents.
    Spell-like Abilities: 1/day: Air Bubble, Drench, Touch of the Sea. The caster level is equal to the Zora's HD.
    Fire Vulnerability: As aquatic creatures, Zoras do not take heat well. Zoras take one and a half times of damage from fire based attacks.
    Bladed Fins: Zoras have a pair of sharp fins on their forearms. They can use these as a natural weapon to deal 1d4 slashing damage, plus their strength modifier.
    Languages: Zoras speak Hylian and Aquan. Bonus Languages: Elf, Celestial, Auran, Draconic and Sylvan.

Kokiri

The Kokiri are race that live deep within the depths of the forest. Deceptively childlike in appearance, they are capable of living for quite long periods of time.

Kokiri Racial Traits:
    Small Humanoid
    Base Speed: 20 feet.
    +4 Charisma, -2 Strength: Kokiri possess a persistent infective joy, however their small bodies do not have the brute strength of larger species.
    Fairy Companion: Each Kokiri is accompanied by a fairy. This fairy is treated as a diminutive fey with HP equal to half that of the Kokiri (rounded up) and skill points equal to the Kokiri in any class skill that does not require limbs. In addition, the fairy always has all Knowledge skills as class skills, and gains a +2 bonus to two of your choice. The fairy cannot engage in combat, but grants the Kokiri a +2 bonus to Perception checks. If the fairy is killed, the Kokiri takes a -2 Penalty to Attack rolls, and casts spells as if it is one level lower. The Kokiri may acquire a new fairy after one week, afterwhich he must go into a period of quite contemplation for 24 hours. The fairy does not count towards prerequisites for feats requiring a familiar or animal companion.
    Eternal Youth: The Kokiri does not take bonuses or penalties for aging, and cannot be magically aged. A Kokiri can still die of old age.
    Skill Bonus: Kokiri have a +2 Bonus to Knowledge (Nature) and Survival Checks.
    Spell Like Abilities: 1/day: Faerie Fire, Ghost Sound, Speak With Plants. Caster level is equal to the Kokiri's HD.
    Languages: Hylian and Deku. Bonus Languages: Elven, Sylvan, Moblin, Dwarven, Auran

Fairy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diminutive Fey
    Init +3; Senses: low-light vision

DEFENSE
    AC 17, touch 17, flat-footed 14 (+3 Dex, +4 size)
    HP: 1/2 of Kokiri
    Saves: As Kokiri

OFFENSE
    Speed 5 ft., fly 40 ft. (perfect)

STATISTICS
    Str 1, Dex 17, Con 8, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Last edited by Acidic_Cakes; 2012-01-01 at 08:51 PM.
    Calumon Avatar courtesy of Akrim.elf

Pathfinder Legend of Zelda Races

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Legend of Zelda Races (PEACH)

Feats:

Goron Rollout:
    Prerequisites: Goron, Base Attack Bonus: +1
    Benefit: A goron may roll into a ball to dramatically increase speed. A goron's speed increases by 30 ft when attempting a charge or bull rush, and may treat themselves as one size category larger when performing a bull rush.
    Last edited by Acidic_Cakes; 2011-12-06 at 02:13 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

The Zora and Gorons seem pretty strong - maybe not LA +1, but you might want to consider tuning down some of their abilities.

According to Wikipedia, although I've not really seen it in game, the Hylians are born with magic-infused blood that entails some latent psychic and magical ability. Perhaps a bonus to Spellcraft? Pathfinder doesn't have favoured classes does it? If they did, maybe Sorcerer would be reasonable. (Also, your image link is broken)

Also, I would specifically give the Kokiri's Fairy Companion some ranks in a few Knowledge skills. Navi always seems to know what is going on in the world.

Overall, good stuff. I'm excited to see what you make of the Gerudo.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic_Cakes View Post
    Zora Eyesight: Zoras possess an additional pair of eyes at the back of their head. This grants them a +2 to Perception checks. In addition, Zoras cannot be Flanked.
    They have a what now? Second pair of eyes?
    LGBTA+itP

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    They have a what now? Second pair of eyes?
    Some have them, Princess Ruto for example. Alot of them don't so maybe make it a variant race?

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
    Some have them, Princess Ruto for example. Alot of them don't so maybe make it a variant race?
    I could have sworn the males did as well, but I seem to be wrong in that regard.

Pathfinder does have favored classes, but they work very differently than in 3.5. You choose your favorite class at first level (regardless of species) and then you gain a small bonus to either skill points or HP each time you level up in that class.

Anycase, I was worried about Gorons and Zora being a bit too strong as well, but I'll have to think about specifically how to tune them down. In anycase, I'll do a bunch of edits tomorrow, probably work on another race as well.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

YOu can also have other Boons specific to your class with Pathfinder's Favored Class system as well.

Anyhoo, I got nothing much to work with but something to think about for the Favored Class system

8. - Top - End - #8

Made a few changes. Changed the Gorons from monstrous humanoid to just standard humanoid and toned down a few of their bonuses. Reflavored the Zora's extra eyes as a lateral line, and made the flanking immunity only apply in water. Also removed one of their SLA's. Does the balance seem alright now?

And gave a knowledge bonus to the fairies, as suggested.

And I may get to working out favored class variants at some point, but I will probably work out a few more races first.

9. - Top - End - #9

Gerudo

A predominantly female tribe who pride themselves on their skills in stealth and thievery. It is said that only a single male is born to the Gerudos every 100 years.

Gerudo Racial Traits:
    Medium Humanoid
    Base Speed: 30 ft
    +2 Strength, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom: Gerudos train hard to increase their mental and physical strength, but tend to lack foresight.
    Weapon Proficiency: Gerudos are automatically proficient with the Scimitar and Falchion. In addition, they treat the Falcata and Khopesh as if they were Martial Weapons.
    Nimbly Skilled: Gerudos gain a +2 bonus to Acrobatics and Stealth checks, and may always take 10 on a Stealth check.
    Intimidating Leadership: A Gerudo may use her Strength or Charisma Modifier for Diplomacy and Intimidation checks, whichever is higher.
    Desert Assassin: Gerudos receive a +4 bonus on Constitution checks and Fortitude saves to avoid fatigue, exhaustion, or ill effects from running, forced marches, starvation, thirst, or hot environments. In addition, she may use the Stealh skill to hide, even if being observed, if she is surrounded by sand.
    Languages: Hylian and Gerudim. Bonus Languages: Elven, Moblin, Infernal, Ignan, Celestial
    Last edited by Acidic_Cakes; 2011-11-30 at 09:22 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

No pre orcarina races?

11. - Top - End - #11

I am getting to them, I am just doing these one at a time. At the moment I have some ideas in my head for Deku Scrubs, Moblins and maybe Anouki. Any in particular that you had in mind?

12. - Top - End - #12

Goblin

Any in particular that you had in mind?
    Whatever Skull Kid from Majora's Mask is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    *high fives*
    Someone get this man a medal, because he either reads my posts or my mind.

Avvy by azuyomi244
    A Warforged Warlock who thinks he's a gnome in a power-suit?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

So long as I get Scrubs, I'm happy. Scrubs are my favorite race, possibly second to Gorons (though one of the things I like most about Gorons is admittedly how hilariously overpowered they are, which obviously can't be modeled in an LA+0 race, no matter how fun walking in lava is).

These are generally really cool, though I have to wonder if the Kokiri won't fit better as Fey, given that they really do seem like some kind of forest spirits (at least to me). Would that make them too powerful? I also wonder why Gorons have a burrow speed, since I can't really recall them ever digging any faster than you'd expect from massively built rock-people.

If you ever get time over, may I ask for playable Stalchildren? For the lulz, I mean.

14. - Top - End - #14

I've added all previously mentioned requests to the list.

Yeah, Gorons have been tough to work out, because there are all these abilities that by all accounts they should have, but giving it to them would just make them ludicrously overpowered as a playable race. I haven't even bothered giving them the ability to roll them into a ball, because I frankly haven't the slightest clue how that would work.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could make them a decent 0 LA race while still having them be sufficiently Goron-y?

Also, the reason they have a burrow speed was because they have the earth subtype, which grants them one. Do you think I should just take that away outright? I contemplated giving them the fire subtype, but that gives them an outright fire immunity, and while that would be thematically appropriate, I just can't see any feasible way of balancing that.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

I've added all previously mentioned requests to the list.

Yeah, Gorons have been tough to work out, because there are all these abilities that by all accounts they should have, but giving it to them would just make them ludicrously overpowered as a playable race. I haven't even bothered giving them the ability to roll them into a ball, because I frankly haven't the slightest clue how that would work.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could make them a decent 0 LA race while still having them be sufficiently Goron-y?

Also, the reason they have a burrow speed was because they have the earth subtype, which grants them one. Do you think I should just take that away outright? I contemplated giving them the fire subtype, but that gives them an outright fire immunity, and while that would be thematically appropriate, I just can't see any feasible way of balancing that.
    Give them abilities spaced out based on how many HD they have. Like Raptorans.
    LGBTA+itP

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Maybe have gorons have a faster move speed if they keep moving without interrupting to attack or somehing, maybe a bonus at higher HD to form spikes and make some kind of attack while rolling?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

That sounds like Gorons have a Land Speed modifier when declaring a Charge or Bull Rush attempt.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Maybe something like raising the max movement on a charge? Something like allowing them to make a full Run action as part of a charge rather than just twice your land speed, or simply giving them a higher multiplier.
    "By 'for fun' do you mean 'to kill us?'" - Me, about the DM rolling a d20 several times for no known reason.

"You have my sword." - the Fighter.
    "And my bow." - the Ranger.
    "And my acts!" - me, the Bard.

My Final Fantasy Homebrew and Pathfinder Updating! PEACH always welcome.

Current Homebrew:
    PF "Dragon Shaman" - Paladin Alternate Class

19. - Top - End - #19

Okay, how does this sound? I'll get rid of stability and the standard natural armor and fire resistance and add:

Goron Rollout: A goron may roll into a ball to dramatically increase speed. A goron's speed increases by 30 ft when attempting a charge or bull rush, and may treat themselves as one size category larger when performing a bull rush.

Stone Plating: A goron's back is covered in a series of rocky growths, which continue to develope as he ages:
    • At 1 HD, the goron has +1 Natural Armor and Fire Resistance 1.
    • At 5 HD, this improves to +3 Natural Armor and Fire Resistance 3.
    • At 10 HD, this improves to +6 Natural Armor and Fire Resistance 6
    • At 15 HD, this improves to +8 Natural Armor and Fire Resistance 10
    • At 20 HD, this Improves to +10 Natural Armor and the goron gains immunity to Fire.

I also thought I might add something along the lines of:

Density: A goron is immensely heavy for its size, and is unable to swim. A goron automatically fails any swim check it makes unless it is granted a swim speed, in which case it may take them at a -5 penalty.

Opinions?
    Last edited by Acidic_Cakes; 2011-12-01 at 11:17 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

More suggestions for Gorons:
    At some HD level, they gain Powerful Build, because let's face it, they are huge, at least the adult ones.

Special attack: Rolling attack. When making a charge as a full-round attack, a goron can roll up on a ball and move up to twice their current running speed. He can't stop before running at least once their current running speed. During this attack, he doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity for passing threatened squares. He can enter a square occupied by an enemy, and make a free attack against him. If he succeeds, he deals damage equivalent to a natural attack one size category bigger than his effective size (1d8 for a medium creature), and he can continue forward, until the end of his movement, or if he is interrupted. If he fails the attack, he stops the movement, and ends one square back from where he failed to hit the enemy.

I'm not sure they can be made without at least a +1 LA, really. They are intended to be absurdly though. You don't see many adventurers out there because they don't care much for it. An actual adventurer should face the usual "penalties" for it (in this case, one class level late), for both the fluffy (no adventuring tradition) and the crunch(all the racial bonuses)

Member of the Hinjo fan club. Go Hinjo!
    "In Soviet Russia, the Darkness attacks you."
    "Rogues not only have a lot more skill points, but sneak attack is so good it hurts..."

21. - Top - End - #21

What I wanted was mainly Moblins and Goriya from the first Legend of Zelda.

22. - Top - End - #22

I'm not too familiar with the Goriya. All I know about them is that they are wolf-people who use boomerangs. Can anyone offer some fluff about them that might be helpful?

In anycase, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword all had adventuring gorons, and Phantom Hourglass had one that was briefly playable.

Otherwise, I was considering having a Zelda campaign on the forums here when these are all done, and it just seems unfair to have one of the most iconic Zelda races be unplayable at level 1.
    Last edited by Acidic_Cakes; 2011-12-02 at 06:46 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

One alternative for Gorons could be one of those pseudoleveling dealies where you buy up your LA as you go along (assuming those exist in Pathfinder, not too familiar with it). I do agree that it should be possible to play as one from stage one, the alternative is just plain not as fun.

24. - Top - End - #24

As far as I am aware, Pathfinder does not have anything like that, but at the same time there is really nothing that forbids it either, so it seems likely that it is what I will end up doing. Problem is, I have never put together that type of race before, so I am sort of fuzzy on how to go about balancing it fairly.

Also, I'll have Sheikahs up later tonight, and then I will get started on people's requests.

25. - Top - End - #25

Sheikah

An an ancient and mysterious race, supposedly baring ties to the Plane of Shadow. For generations, the Sheikah have taken on the duty of protecting the Hylian Royal Family.

Sheikah Racial Traits:
    Medium Humanoid
    Base Speed: 30 ft
    +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Sheikahs are nimble and smart, but they can be quite blunt and prefer not to work with others.
    Darkvision 60 ft: As people of shadow, Sheikahs are apt at seeing in the dark.
    Subsume Aura [Ex]: The Sheikah have long hidden themselves away from the public, and are skilled at hiding their motives. As a swift action, a Sheikah may become invisible to Detect Alignment spells. She may deactivate and resume this ability at will.
    Skill Bonus: Sheikahs have a +2 bonus to Acrobatics and Stealth checks.
    Swift Escape: While in combat Sheikah may make a Stealth check, if successful, they may make a withdraw action at triple their land speed instead of double, and do not provoke any attacks of opportunity by doing so. The Sheikah may use this ability even when being observed. (DC=Enemies' Perception Check)
    Weapon Familiarity: A Sheikah is automatically proficient with darts, and treats whips and scorpion whips as martial weapons.
    Languages: Hylian and Shadow Talk*. Bonus Languages: Celestial, Infernal, Gerudim, Deku, Elven and Dwarven.
    *Note: Shadow Talk is a Sheikah language which is communicated through hand gestures and facial expressions rather than verbally. A Sheikah may continue to communicate with other Sheikahs using this language even if she is somehow silenced.
    Last edited by Acidic_Cakes; 2011-12-06 at 01:33 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

How does fire resistance 3 help in hot environments? They force checks, not deal fire damage.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

27. - Top - End - #27

So, are you suggesting I forgo the fire resistance entirely, and just give them an ability to survive longer in hot environments?
    Last edited by Acidic_Cakes; 2011-12-03 at 01:12 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Deku Scrub

An elusive race that prefers to remain within the depths of the forest. When they do interact with the other Hyrulian races, they can often seem haughty and self possessed, sometimes even to the point of aggression.

Deku Scrub Racial Traits:
    Small Plant (Humanoid Plant Subtype)
    Base Speed: 20 ft
    +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma: A Deku Scrub's wooden body is sturdy, and their plant-like nature makes them right at home in the forest. However, Deku Scrubs can often be xenophobic and hostile.
    Humanoid Plant: While technically a plant, a Deku Scrub has more in common with most humanoids. This commonality precludes them from having the same level of immunities as other plants. Instead, they have a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects), paralysis, poison, polymorph, and stun effects. They are immune to sleep effects. They are affected by spells that affect humanoids and by spells that affect plants.
    Fire Vulnerability: A Deku Scrub's wooden body makes it particularly vulnerable to flame. A Deku Scrub takes one and a half times the normal damage from all fire based attacks.
    Deku Shot: A Deku Scrub may fire a deku nut from its mouth a number of times per day equal to its HD. This is a ranged natural weapon that deals 1d3 damage and has a range of 20 ft.
    Petal Freefall: A Deku Scrub possesses a pair of large flowers which extend from the back when the Deku Scrub falls through the air. A Deku Scrub may use them to glide at a speed of 30 feet, allowing 15 feet of horizontal movement for every 5 feet of verticle movement. A Deku Scrub never takes damage from falling from a tall distance. In addition, at 10 HD, a Deku Scrub gains a flight speed of 20 ft (Clumsy Manueverability.)
    Flower Dive: A Deku Scrub gains a +2 bonus to Stealth checks when surrounded by foliage.
    Languages: Hylian and Deku, Bonus Languages: Sylvan, Auran, Moblin, Aquan, Elven
    Last edited by Acidic_Cakes; 2011-12-03 at 10:53 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

What makes them illusive? Did you mean elusive instead maybe?

Deku Shot:
    Do they have unlimited "ammo"?

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Tingel View Post
    What makes them illusive? Did you mean elusive instead maybe?

Do they have unlimited "ammo"?
    Ack. Fixed that.

And they can fire a number of deku seeds equal to their HD per day.