New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1247
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Fortuitous Findings in Foraging: A Study, Part II

Spoiler
    Show
    Just saw the "no PMs" thing; I'm on for the night starting now. You wanna head over to MW or do it in a thread?

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    lifeless husk.
    Nooooooooooooooooooo!!

I tried to save you, but I was too late! You shall be avenged!!!

But seriously, good death scene.

*slow clap*

Spoiler
    Show
    Return: Marros Darkeyes
    Shadows of the Colossus: Ulric
    Flying Cities:Rourke Irontracker
    Scions of Stonehall:Reorn Strongheart
    Kung Fu:Shang Ji-You

3. - Top - End - #1053

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    You shall be avenged!!!
    Flurry the hell out of it.

But seriously, good death scene.

*slow clap*
    Thanks. I think it needed more blood, though. At least now I have an excuse to bring up some character development I was planning for him.

Oh, and I hope you guys have fire and or acid ready. Harley and Therandil (if he didn't forgot) know that Alex has an acid dagger. Hammer has wands with fire spells, I think, and Quan probably has Flame Strike, but I'm mentioning it just in case. Of course, to Marros, Alex was just a suicidal rogue. At least he bought some time for Marros and Therandil to get out of the AMF without having to worry about the druid/wizard using some battlefield control.
    : I may be in error, but I believe the appropiate proclamation is "Sneak Attack, bitch."

Thoughts on fanfiction.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    At least he bought some time for Marros and Therandil to get out of the AMF without having to worry about the druid/wizard using some battlefield control.
    Oh, he was totally going to jump in the middle and fight with the tree. Fire and ice...

I think it needed more blood, though. At least now I have an excuse to bring up some character development I was planning for him.
    It was good.
    But yeah.
    More blood.
    CRUNCH.
    XD

5. - Top - End - #1055

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    You thinking about the Trolls? I wonder how Ghost Trolls work? But yeah, Marros has fists of fiery fury at least!

Of course, to Marros, Alex was just a suicidal rogue
    He thought it was pretty brave. Hence the "strange rogue"

Flurry the hell out of it.
    Roger wilco.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1056

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, he was totally going to jump in the middle and fight with the tree. Fire and ice...
    A tree...? Seriously? That was the charred horror everyone was so afraid of? I'm sure it has the Oasys Template to make it extra TPK, but come on. Chop it down!

More blood.
    I was going to say Alex would try to use his own blood to slip away, but alas, the bear wanted a new chew toy. I can add some blood if you want. But right now, I'm off. It's about 3:15 AM here. I expect you guys to be either be dead or have a new bear skin rug by tomorrow. (By the way, Alex called dibs on the rug the first night he met the druid )
    : I may be in error, but I believe the appropiate proclamation is "Sneak Attack, bitch."

Thoughts on fanfiction.

7. - Top - End - #1057

Therandil curses as he sees the bear snap Alex's neck, and takes off now that he's out of the anti-magic field. Hoping to finish what the archer started, he swoops sideways to get a clear shot and fires a few missiles back at the druid.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Fly West 50 feet to make sure the AMF isn't between me and the druid.

Standard: Magic Missile on the druid for (5d4+5)[17] damage.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Oh, damn.

9. - Top - End - #1059

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Added a bit more of blood to the death scene.

Oh, damn.
    I'm going to laugh so much if that thing gets killed by magic freaking missile.

what the archer started
    I don't think Alex managed to hit druid in this fight. Also, he's made for dual wielding, but he was trying to keep his distance, so he's not really an archer.

Thoughts on fanfiction.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Hold Posts Please.

(1d20+16)[36] Spell Resistance, GOAL!
    (1d20+26)[41] Telekinetic Grapple
    (1d20+7)[18] Opposed Grapple
    (1d3)[2]Non-lethal Damage

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate reaction to trigger Anklet, and continue my stated action.
    Firstly, it's a Swift Action to activate the Anklet's of Translocation.
    Unless the Ankles have a Contingency to Teleport if his movement is ever halted?
    And you don't take Swift Actions on another's turn...
    That's be an Immediate Action...

If the druid is dead, I want to annihilate the body, burning it to nothing with my fists. I will delete this post if you require.
    And finally, Dark Tide...

12. - Top - End - #1062

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    whoops you're right, freedom of movement or escape artist
    Sorry On smartphone
    Last edited by Todash; 2012-03-02 at 08:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1063

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Alex
    The thief's corpse, encouraged by the death of the abomination, continues to bleed profusely, hoping that some orc will slip and break his neck.

The magic missiles tear off the top of the bear's skull, and he screams.
    You know, Alex's minimum damage with his main hand rapier is 11 and 7 with his off hand mace thanks to Therandil improvement. If I had been more careful, Alex might have finished it off. Oh well, maybe next time.

The trolls ghosts surge toward the massed dwarves...
    ...leaving a trail of ice as they soar across the courtyard.
    What the heck? Ice trolls? Or are the ghosts using the trolls to deliver ice attacks?

If the druid is dead, I want to annihilate the body, burning it to nothing with my fists. I will delete this post if you require.
    Do it!!! (We need a "psychotic smile" smilie. I guess Belkar will have to do)

And finally, Dark Tide...
    Wut? Is this something to do with Marros embracing his Dark Fate?

Thoughts on fanfiction.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    whoops you're right, freedom of movement or escape artist

From Telekinesis?

Or are the ghosts using the trolls to deliver ice attacks?
    It's the case.

(1d20+18)[34] Charred Horrors Jump Check
    (1d20+24)[39] Charred Horror's Attack Roll
    (2d6+18)[24] plus (2d6)[10] fire plus (1d6)[1] cold Charred + 2 negative levels Horror's Damage Roll and DC for Awesome Blow*
    (1d20+11)[15] Reflex Save
    *I don't know if Therandil has gained altitude, or is just flying across the ground.
    He's less then ten feet in the air, he's prone and has taken (1d6)[1] damage as he hits the ground.
    If he's less than sixty-feet in the air, he just loses 10 ft. of altitude.

Wut? Is this something to do with Marros embracing his Dark Fate?
    From Dranga's Anthology: Not only has the Dark Tide given every form of undead the ability to use the fearsome energy drain; each use is more efficent than ever, fueling and empowering the creature as it steals life energy from the living. The draining culminates in a horrifying, Negative Energy Flare, that for a few moments brings the undead to a new incredible power, before 'cooling' off, leaving the creature stronger than before...

The stats...
    • All undead now have energy drain, as the Vampire ability
    • The hit points gained from successful energy drains are maximized and empowered.
    • Undead store the energy they've consumed, slowly converting it to negative energy with which to strengthen themselves; when an undead creature bestows a number of negative levels equal to its hit dice, the immediate round there after, it doubles its hit dice, and all related stats. The round after that, the undead creature is left with an additional hit point from before its 'Negative Energy Flareup" and begins anew.

(1d20+7)[26] Quan's Turning Check
    (2d6+8)[12]Turning Damage*
    *I'm sorry to tell you guys this, but with his single-level in Sacred Exorcist, Quan could on his best day, turn an undead with 5 Hit Dice.
    I guess Elfstone was going for the Divine Metamagic and not actually Turning...

Initiative Order
    Therandil
    Alex
    Ghost Prisoner 1(Troll)
    Druid
    Kurjan
    Marros
    Harley
    Holly
    Reg, Quan, Lakkam, Hammer!
    Charred Horror
    Rangers, Orcs
    Ghost Prisoner 2(Troll)

The magic missiles tear off the top of the bear's skull, and he screams.
    Rapidly, the form of the bear begins to lose shape as the druid returns to his natural, if still undead, form.
    The trolls ghosts surge toward the massed dwarves...
    ...leaving a trail of ice as they soar across the courtyard.

Marros feels tendrils of malevolent magic reach out toward him, engineered to make him remain, still...
    But with the disk in his chest glowing softly, Marros breaks the mental bonds, and deals a devastating series of strikes to the laughing druid's glowing spine.
    Glowing?
    Even before his eyes, the monk sees the druid, his face an unsightly mixture of undeath and the feral wild glowing with a dark power.
    He grins wickedly.

Within the building, Harley slowly sneaks up on Kurjan, casting through an illusionary veiled screen that he'd put to such good use a few nights before...

"HAMMER! STAND FAST!"
    Spears and shields ripple into place as Quan orders the dwarves into defensive positions.

They watch in horror, as a flaming, roaring tree leaps through the air, smashing Therandil from the air in a fiery, chilling swoop.
    Orcs and ghost trolls alike, throw themselves on the spears, fighting furiously against this new, armored enemy, even as Reg runs toward the sole remaining ranger.

15. - Top - End - #1065

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show

From Telekinesis?
    I guess so? I didn't know what you were using, I just saw grapple checks, which FoM normally auto-suceeds!

Negative Energy Flare
    Oh. Damn. It. All. To. Hell.

So did it die, then the flare's increased hit dice brought it back? So then hopefully, when it reverts it will be dead, or at least very close yes?

Also, just as a general query, are undead by and large immune to fort effects? IE my stuns/weakening/quivering etc? Just hate to waste it, and I assume it's something Marros would know.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess so? I didn't know what you were using, I just saw grapple checks, which FoM normally auto-suceeds!
    Freedom of Movement is kinda loose.
    I don't think one can do that, but I forgot to over-come his SR anyways...

So did it die, then the flare's increased hit dice brought it back? So then hopefully, when it reverts it will be dead, or at least very close yes?
    No...
    ...it bestowed six negative levels, gained thirty temporary hitpoints and healed thirty damage...
    Damn, I wish I hadn't lost my notes!
    =O
    Anyways, it got some HPs, flared, and now its fully healed with an extra HD.

Also, just as a general query, are undead by and large immune to fort effects? IE my stuns/weakening/quivering etc? Just hate to waste it, and I assume it's something Marros would know.
    Pretty much.

17. - Top - End - #1067

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    The hit points gained from successful energy drains are maximized and empowered.
    But Energy Drains always gives 5 temporary HP. I guess you could empower it and get 7 HP, but you can't maximize it.

when an undead creature bestows a number of negative levels equal to its hit dice, the immediate round there after, it doubles its hit dice, and all related stats. The round after that, the undead creature is left with an additional hit point from before its 'Negative Energy Flareup" and begins anew.
    I'm not sure how this works. The druid had about 13 HD and he got 6 levels from Alex, so how come it healed back to full HP?

Also, does this mean that if the druid had drained 13 levels (assuming he had 13 HD), he would automatically become level 26? Isn't that overkill?
    (The whole Negative Energy Flareup seems like overkill, but: a) it sort of makes sense since Ace's been up to something; and b) I'll wait until I really understand how it works before complaining).

I'm sorry to tell you guys this, but with his single-level in Sacred Exorcist, Quan could on his best day, turn an undead with 5 Hit Dice.
    I guess Elfstone was going for the Divine Metamagic and not actually Turning...
    Yeah, I had the same problem with Nuad, which is why I got rid of his Divine Exorcist levels. Even if he could turn/rebuke elementals as well, it wasn't worth it. I'm much happier with him being a spontaneous caster with Quicken Spell (and yes, he does qualify for it).

[RANT]I always thought it was stupid that spontaneous casters needed more time to cast their spells, if anything, casters that prepare spells should be the ones to need more time. I mean, sorcerers just snap their fingers and things go boom, wizards need to spend years figuring out how to light a candle. It would make more sense for the guys who are naturally magical/born blessed to modify their spells without effort rather than the ones who have to memorize formulas and prayers.[/RANT] But that's just me. Carry on with the slaughter, everyone.

Thoughts on fanfiction.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    But Energy Drains always gives 5 temporary HP. I guess you could empower it and get 7 HP, but you can't maximize it.
    Stupid, faulty notes...
    ...I have to start over...

I'm not sure how this works. The druid had about 13 HD and he got 6 levels from Alex, so how come it healed back to full HP?
    This is wrong too...

Also, does this mean that if the druid had drained 13 levels (assuming he had 13 HD), he would automatically become level 26? Isn't that overkill?
    I'm pretty sure its supposed to be half...
    He'd got to 19 for one brief round...
    Then drop to 14 fully healed.

And the negative energy both heals and grants him temporary HPs...

I mean, sorcerers just snap their fingers and things go boom, wizards need to spend years figuring out how to light a candle.
    Just because you can freely cast whatever you wish doesn't mean you can cast it faster.

Even without the Dark Tide he's got a good 75 HPs left, even after all that...

19. - Top - End - #1069

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm pretty sure its supposed to be half...
    He'd got to 19 for one brief round...
    Then drop to 14 fully healed.
    So basically, after a full attack or two, they level up? Just like that? Seems kinda unfair, especially since we have to harvest entire orc tribes to level while they only have to scratch us. And go back to full HP? Do they get spell points and X uses/day abilities back as well?

And the negative energy both heals and grants him temporary HPs...
    Heals all the way or just the amount that they damage you?

Just because you can freely cast whatever you wish doesn't mean you can cast it faster.
    No, but neither does it mean that the guy with a copy of Spells for Dummies can cast faster than you. If anything, they should be adding extra formulae and taking more time to cast the more modified a spell is. Though that should be true for both sides, actually...

Thoughts on fanfiction.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    So basically, after a full attack or two, they level up? Just like that?
    No...
    ...high-level undead it takes a lot longer, and they only get one hit dice, and yeah, just like that.

Seems kinda unfair, especially since we have to harvest entire orc tribes to level while they only have to scratch us.
    Fair? Dark Tide. Stop the villain.

Do they get spell points and X uses/day abilities back as well?
    Only if its tied to their hit dice-not class levels.

Heals all the way or just the amount that they damage you?
    With Dark Tide, it heals, and provide temporary hps.

anything, they should be adding extra formulae and taking more time to cast the more modified a spell is. Though that should be true for both sides, actually...
    No, because Magic Missle is an arcane spell. And an arcane spell is the exact same for a sorceror or a Wizard.
    The difference is that wizard already cast the Empowered Magic Missile this morning, and when he casts it at you, he's just finishing it.
    The sorceror can cast whatever he wants, but his penalty is he's got to add extra information on the spot.
    They both have advantages and disadvantages.

21. - Top - End - #1071

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    All I got to say is, I am so very very very very very happy I got soulfire. With the amount of effort leveling takes, losing levels from a basic attack is crushing.

So, what did the druid do during his flare up, double HD round?

I guess my action here is going to be the same regardless, "holy crap it's glowing and not dead, hit it harder"

sorc vs wiz
    The way I always looked at it, as wizards get the spell power from outside, a nearly completed ritual that just needs the trigger to activate.

Whereas Sorcs summon the magic from within themselves, so they have to access it, form it, then cast it. So it takes a bit longer.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    So, what did the druid do during his flare up, double HD round?
    Nothing.
    I ruled the first time it happened, the undead would be surprised and confused, wondering what was happening.
    It would take some Intelligence to figure out what was going on, and for a bit, they'd be unable to take Actions.

This is his first time experiencing it, so he didn't do anything.

The way I always looked at it, as wizards get the spell power from outside, a nearly completed ritual that just needs the trigger to activate.

Whereas Sorcs summon the magic from within themselves, so they have to access it, form it, then cast it. So it takes a bit longer.
    This is my thinking too.
    I also think that all clerics should be favored souls; essentially sorceror's with the cleric spell list...

All I got to say is, I am so very very very very very happy I got soulfire.
    >=D

23. - Top - End - #1073

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    ...high-level undead it takes a lot longer, and they only get one hit dice, and yeah, just like that.
    *Censored*

Fair? Dark Tide. Stop the villain.
    Fine. Give me his phylactery and a pair of bags of holding and I'll get rid of him. Speaking of which, since Silas used the mace as a phylactery, does it mean that Ace's phylactery could be a dirty old boot or something other than a ring/amulet/box/RAW?

Is it too late too ask Moradin and the other guys for a Light Tide? Vecna, Pelor and the Raven Queen at the very least must have noticed what is going on.

... I think I missed that part when reading their entry.

I also think that all clerics should be favored souls; essentially sorceror's with the cleric spell list...
    I think FS should get Turning and Religion for free. Maybe even his deity's domains as well, since he is sort of a junior member of his deity's Chosen. Oh well, at least they have a good list to chose their spells from.

All I got to say is, I am so very very very very very happy I got soulfire.
    See this?:
    >=D
    This means either Improved Sunder or Disintegrate. At the very least.

Thoughts on fanfiction.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Fine. Give me his phylactery and a pair of bags of holding and I'll get rid of him.
    He DOESN'T NEED A PHYLACTERY!

Speaking of which, since Silas used the mace as a phylactery, does it mean that Ace's phylactery could be a dirty old boot or something other than a ring/amulet/box/RAW?
    It still has to be receptacle like.
    A boot wouldn't do.
    It has to have style.
    It could be the Tomb of Horrors itself.

Is it too late too ask Moradin and the other guys for a Light Tide? Vecna, Pelor and the Raven Queen at the very least must have noticed what is going on.
    Someone's already researching it.

I think FS should get Turning and Religion for free. Maybe even his deity's domains as well, since he is sort of a junior member of his deity's Chosen. Oh well, at least they have a good list to chose their spells from.
    If they got Turning and Religion, the cleric would be redundant.

Todash, can I get some Actions?
    To be honest though, I seriously thought Quan would easily be able to get rid of all the undead...
    He's going to have to rely on his spells.

25. - Top - End - #1075

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    oh, sorry. I'm not at home. If you wanted to narrate/roll it, I was going to full attack, tripping with the first attack, to gain the prone bonus, then port to get one more. Maybe shout for some restoration from hammer.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1076

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    He DOESN'T NEED A PHYLACTERY!
    So he finally made it to godhood? That seems like something most gods would notice.

It still has to be receptacle like.
    A boot wouldn't do.
    It has to have style.
    A boot is more of a receptacle than than a mace is, and way more stylish, too. Who'd want to hide his soul in piece of metal used for bashing brains when your soul could rest in a pair of Prada boots? (Well, maybe only one boot, but it would be a faaabulous boot ^^)

It could be the Tomb of Horrors itself.
    Now where did I put those boxes of C4... I think somewhere near the rocket fuel and greek fire...

Someone's already researching it.
    The Light Tide? We already know Dranga is researching the Dark one.

If they got Turning and Religion, the cleric would be redundant.
    Sort of like Wizard and Sorcerer, Druid and Spirit Shaman, Fighter and Barbarian, Bard and the rest of the party?
    But seriously, I can't believe they got Arcana rather than Religion. They get their power from a divine source, why would they study arcane magic?

He's going to have to rely on his spells.
    May I suggest spaming Flame Strike and anything else that deals divine damage with extreme prejudice?

Thoughts on fanfiction.

27. - Top - End - #1077

Spoiler
    Show
    Since I just said he was flying west, I think it's fair to assume Therandil was still pretty close to the ground. He gets knocked prone.

Therandil scrambles to his feet, then takes off, seeking to avoid the flaming tree's deadly reach.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Stand up from prone.
    Move: 50 feet straight up.

-----

OOC stuff: I'm gonna be on for a while now if you want to hit me up with PMs again over at MW.

And, I don't see any problem with the sorc metamagic slowdown; makes up for being able to recombine metamagic and spells on the fly instead of having to plan it ahead. Only one that ever struck me as weird was that Sorcs ordinarily get no benefit from Quicken, but I don't have that anyway.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    So he finally made it to godhood? That seems like something most gods would notice.
    Okay...
    ...consider this.
    Evil Spellcaster increases his power to become a lich.
    He's now immortal, with more power, but tied to a phylactery.
    Lich becomes a demi-lich, shedding his body, and using soulgems, but is STILL tied to a phylactery.
    Acererak now has the power of a demi-lich, and has Dresden's living body again. Surely by now he's moved beyond the need for a phylactery?
    In fact, if one thinks about it, a phylactery is only a back-up. If its destroyed, the lich's soul is treated as any other.

So... Acererak has gone from mortal...
    ...to undead...
    ...to a ridiculously powerful undead...
    ...what's next? Godhood seems like a pretty big jump.

OOC stuff: I'm gonna be on for a while now if you want to hit me up with PMs again over at MW.
    Cool, that has my priority then.

The Light Tide? We already know Dranga is researching the Dark one.
    Something like that.

But seriously, I can't believe they got Arcana rather than Religion. They get their power from a divine source, why would they study arcane magic?
    Maybe because divine magic doesn't need to be explained? 'It comes from the gods'.

May I suggest spaming Flame Strike and anything else that deals divine damage with extreme prejudice?
    XD Like the druid was doing before?

Move: Stand up from prone.
    Two AoOs?

29. - Top - End - #1079

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Acererak now has the power of a demi-lich, and has Dresden's living body again. Surely by now he's moved beyond the need for a phylactery?
    If that's how you want to rule it. But that would mean that if we kill Dresden's body (and Dresden in the process ), that should kill Ace forever, right? After all, binders are gonna want to bind his vestige, right?

So... Acererak has gone from mortal...
    ...to undead...
    ...to a ridiculously powerful undead...
    ...what's next? Godhood seems like a pretty big jump.
    That's what a pair of liches did to gain "godhood" in one game. Only instead of using a Dresden, they glued their souls back to their bones using the blood of the Chosen of the God of Death. Didn't help 'em much when said chosen came back from hell after rescuing his team (an angel rogue, a succubus cleric, and a human spartan warrior).

Maybe because divine magic doesn't need to be explained? 'It comes from the gods'.
    The theoretic part would be Spellcraft, I think. Religion also has to do with the faith they belong to, it's enemies and the undead. Arcana is for dragons and golems. I think they just copypasted the skill list and screwed it up.

XD Like the druid was doing before?
    Exactly. Only wizards/druids/undead have horrible reflex saves.
    Now, KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Thoughts on fanfiction.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Afterall, I keep saying Player Character's shouldn't be ball'n'chain'd to their class features; and that Power is Power.
    I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't do the same for atleast the main villain.
    With the amount of power he's got bouncing around, the loss of his phylactery is of no concern to Acererak-simply an annoyance.

In fact, he'd look at someone destroying it as a personal challenge.

that should kill Ace forever, right?
    Yeah!

Exactly. Only wizards/druids/undead have horrible reflex saves.
    It'd hit Marros too, and hurt Alex's body.

Religion also has to do with the faith they belong to, it's enemies and the undead. Arcana is for dragons and golems. I think they just copypasted the skill list and screwed it up.
    Yeah, I think so too.

That's what a pair of liches did to gain "godhood" in one game. Only instead of using a Dresden, they glued their souls back to their bones using the blood of the Chosen of the God of Death.
    Well, honestly, the way I'm ruling it is that, with his utter possession and control of Dresden, Acererak has all the advantages of being undead and yet still alive and human, while greatly mitigating the penalties of either.

Initiative Order
    Therandil
    Alex
    Ghost Prisoner 1(Troll)
    Druid
    Kurjan
    Marros
    Harley
    Holly
    Reg, Quan, Lakkam, Hammer!
    Charred Horror
    Rangers, Orcs
    Ghost Prisoner 2(Troll)

(1d20+28)[33] Charred Horror's Attack of Opportunity
    (2d6+18)[24] Charred Horror's Damage Roll to Therandil

(1d20+24)[37] Charred Horror's Attack Roll
    (2d6+18)[27] plus (2d6)[11] fire plus (1d6)[1] cold + 2 negative levels Charred Horror's Damage Roll and DC for Awesome Blow

(1d20+11)[25] Quan's Touch Attack
    (12d6)[47] Glory Bolt

(1d20+23)[24], Oh GAWD, HARLEY MISSED!
    (1d4+11)[14]+(2d6+5)[10]+(8d6)[21]
    (1d20+18)[24]
    (1d4+11)[12]+(2d6+5)[12]
    (1d20+18)[26]
    (1d4+11)[15]+(2d6+5)[13]

(1d20+16)[19] Druid's Caster Level Check vs. Marros' Spell Resistance, Fail
    (16d6)[66] Fire Damage to Marros
    (1d20+13)[14] Marros' Reflex Save, to halve, and if he fails, he takes a -4 Strength Penalty

Hold Posts