New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Autumn Bay, Season One

What starts as a bit of summertime urban exploration for three teenage friends in Autumn Bay, NY reveals an eldritch threat to the very nature of existence. Mercy Black, an occult investigator and sorcerer working for the Shadowlight League, has to get to the bottom of what's going on using her contacts, skills, magic, and fists while searching for three missing witches and training a newly initiated sorcerer.

This conspiranoid urban fantasy webcomic updates Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Check it out at autumnbaycomics.com
    Autumn Bay: Conspiranoid Urban Fantasy in a city where Anything Can Happen

"Keep a spirit of madness in you, just enough so you don't become stupid. Just a little touch of madness will keep you alive, because no one in the world knows how to tax that."
    -Robin Williams, "Reality... What a Concept!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Autumn Bay, Season One

Just finished Part Three of Season One (last page in question is called "Levels and Levels", so that's about 80 plus pages in.

Public interest declaration, I know one of the creators a bit from the Comic Fury forums (I guess the user name gives it away) and he did in passing mention if I'd like to have a look but he definitely didn't push it.

Finally got around to reading it properly and I think I'm passed the halfway mark by now and I'm really liking it. Excellent work with the character building and laying the groundwork for what I think is going to be a very worthwhile storytelling payoff down the line. It's certainly building nicely already.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Autumn Bay, Season One

I just finished the whole archive (just over 130 pages) and it's due to finish its first "season" on the 23rd of September.

I quite like what I've seen so far. The prologue starts with the 3 friends mentioned in the description but for the time being, they've not been present since the opening as the story switched to following some other characters who already knew what's going on beneath the surface of Autumn Bay.

I felt the story picked up at this point, especially with the arrival of a character who comes in from out of town and could safely be described as the main character of the story, at least at the moment.

From what I can glean, the story is a reworking of an older story and there's a very involved readership and creative team who are engaging each other on a regular basis in the comments.

For what it's worth, I would say it's definitely worth giving a go at least past the point where the out of town character returns and gets a chance to do their thing. You'll know who and what when you see it happen and that's when I felt the story and characterization really hit their stride.