New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031

Thread: Thaumaturge

1. - Top - End - #901
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Thaumaturge

So, uh, starting to upload the comics to my professional art site. Considering I was planning on doing it for a while now, this seems like the perfect opportunity. Might as well gather up all my comics in one place, and if Midnight Book doesn't get picked up I'll probably end up throwing it on there too.

Not all the pages are uploaded yet, but I'm hoping to get it all on there soon. Since I have a space for comics now, I'll probably try to upload Bibliography too.

I have no idea how to do websites, though, so I sure hope the archives don't break on me.

http://cody-shaw.com/

EDIT: The entirety of Thaumaturge has been uploaded. Going to be slowly adding Bibliography to it as well.
    Last edited by Elagune; 2014-02-27 at 10:21 PM.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Banned

Seems to be working fine for me.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Troll in the Playground

The site works good and fast, but it might be a good idea to have a link from the Bibliography page back to the main site - just a thoght.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

4. - Top - End - #904

Whew, new page up!

And yeah, I'm still figuring out the Bibliography thing. Just using a template from a different comic-hosting service since I have no idea how to wrangle the Wordpress thing I'm using right now into accepting two different comics.

Going to be keeping Thaumaturge up to date on MangaMagazine for now since I don't want the change to be too sudden.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh neat, finally an RSS link!

I'd suggest putting Bibliography (from the front page) under a different title like "Older comics" because someone visiting your portfolio site might expect a title like that to link to a list of published works... Then you could have a page which links to your various older comics (including Bibliography and the Terraria and Leagues of Legends fancomics).
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

Yay! The Bibliography archives are coming back! Now I can link them as an example of an awesome thing that's unlikely to ever get updated again!

I know you've said you'll go back to it, but not this version.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

7. - Top - End - #907

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Oh neat, finally an RSS link!

I'd suggest putting Bibliography (from the front page) under a different title like "Older comics" because someone visiting your portfolio site might expect a title like that to link to a list of published works... Then you could have a page which links to your various older comics (including Bibliography and the Terraria and Leagues of Legends fancomics).
    Oh, I like that idea!

And yeah, you're quite right. I don't really want things to be very confusing, so for now I'm going to take off the Bibliography link until I upload everything. Then I'll figure out how to make a decent looking older works page.

And new page up!

8. - Top - End - #908
    Troll in the Playground

I have an increasingly bad feeling about this. Getting Wendy out of the farm and supposedly away from the ensuing fight also means she will be away from the only person, who can protect her right now. Not a safe setup - especialy considering the superior numbers of the evil sophers.

edit: by the way, it might be useful to add an option to not only go to a specific storyline, but also to a specific page thereof as well. Granted, I can type the proper number in the address by hand, but it would probably look better, if the site supported it.
    Last edited by Radar; 2014-03-02 at 01:40 PM.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

9. - Top - End - #909

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    I have an increasingly bad feeling about this. Getting Wendy out of the farm and supposedly away from the ensuing fight also means she will be away from the only person, who can protect her right now. Not a safe setup - especialy considering the superior numbers of the evil sophers.
    "You can't kill, and you can't handle others being killed. Make no mistake, that's a weakness. Six days... and then I'll make you pay for it. I'll show you just how cruel the world can be."

That's not exactly an invitation to a fair an honorable duel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

10. - Top - End - #910

I think my favorite part of your new website is that I can click the pictures to advance through the comic.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Banned

Not to be a nag, but I bet some people over at Deviantart would jump on Thaumaturge if they knew it existed.

Also, what's EfN?

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Having a character with a Latin phrase for a name is kind of silly to readers who actually know Latin
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

13. - Top - End - #913

Word. Foreign languages sound better when you don't speak them. Its a fact.
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    Having a character with a Latin phrase for a name is kind of silly to readers who actually know Latin
    Rather, using that particular Latin phrase is kind of meta to readers who know how to use Google. Think Hiro Protagonist.