New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The God Game

1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The God Game

Locathan looked at the emerging conflict between the gods and spoke, for the second time in eons.

No. It is not yet time.

It knew how the worlds were supposed to end, and it was not in this fashion. So it moved against the tide, and began to construct its masterpiece.

It was called The Guardian, a being so vast that It's eyes were twin suns. It's body was constructed from a new material, harder than adamantine, but this body could not be comprehended by anything but the gods.

Locathan poured some of his essence into the shell of this being of ultimate power, giving It the ability to see the True Apocalypse, and requested the other gods do the same, to give It new capabilities from their own powers. And then Locathan tore a hole in the wall of reality, and created a new planet, with a seal at its core that would only open in time of need, and when all the gods that would had poured their own essences into the new being, Locathan sealed it away, only to be released when the world was in premature danger.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 point to create The Guardian, 1 point to tear a hole in the fabric of the Aether, 1 point to create the Seal planet

So, who's going to help with this guardian?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

"Brothers, we must allow the mortals to protect themselves. And we cannot create an artifact that is completely safe. But if it can guide and choose mortals of its own will, it will know best how to dispose of its power. Only a creation such as an artifact cannot be corrupted or change its will. If we see that it is good, then we will allow it to create an order to defend what is good. If we see that it is flawed, we will purge it or start anew.

"And not all aggression is bad. There are evils in the world, that must be destroyed sooner or later. And new evils will ever arise. War or no war, there must be a hunt. And my hunter is ready; I only wish that the mortals will have a protector when war breaks out."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"However-"
    And then Locathan speaks again, and the Aether shifted mightily.
    "...what in the Aether?"
    He sticks his head out, and looks at the Guardian.
    "I...I think I see. I think Locathan wants us to help keep them safe on a different scale first."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2011-12-06 at 09:04 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jzadek View Post
    Locathan looked at the emerging conflict between the gods and spoke, for the second time in eons.

No. It is not yet time.

It knew how the worlds were supposed to end, and it was not in this fashion. So it moved against the tide, and began to construct its masterpiece.

It was called The Guardian, a being so vast that It's eyes were twin suns. It's body was constructed from a new material, harder than adamantine, but this body could not be comprehended by anything but the gods.

Locathan poured some of his essence into the shell of this being of ultimate power, giving It the ability to see the True Apocalypse, and requested the other gods do the same, to give It new capabilities from their own powers. And then Locathan tore a hole in the wall of reality, and created a new planet, with a seal at its core that would only open in time of need, and when all the gods that would had poured their own essences into the new being, Locathan sealed it away, only to be released when the world was in premature danger.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 point to create The Guardian, 1 point to tear a hole in the fabric of the Aether, 1 point to create the Seal planet

So, who's going to help with this guardian?
    The Great Dragon flies over to the newly formed Guardian, picks him up, and shoves it in the hole in reality. Shouting at the Guardian, he states, "DO NOT MOVE FROM THIS PLACE. YOUR VERY PRESENCE SERVES AS A PATCH, A TEMPORARY SOLUTION TO YOUR CREATOR'S SHORTSIGHTED RECKLESSNESS. YOU WILL PREVENT THIS TEAR FROM BECOMING WORSE OR YOU WILL PERISH."

To Locathan, he bellows "YOU WHO CALL YOURSELF DESTROYER, WHO SO ARROGANTLY PROCLAIMS KNOWLEDGE OF THE END OF ALL THINGS. KNOW THAT I CAME BEFORE YOU, AND THAT I AM THE TRUE BRINGER OF DESTRUCTION. LEARN YOUR PLACE OR RISK MY WRATH."

And so Mzuuthn'liex placed upon the Guardian and rift a sigil rune of Destruction, so that should the Guardian move or be moved from where he had been placed, he would dissolve into raw aether to seal the rift.

With his rebuke given, the Great Dragon flew off into the Aether.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 divine point, Destruction: Placing the Guardian into the tear that Locathan made in reality to plug up the hole, and using his power so that should the Guardian move from that place or someone else attempt to move him, the Guardian dissolves into aether to seal the rift.

5. - Top - End - #65

Locathan, knowing not the emotion of rage before, turns his attentions to the the Dragons of Mzuuthn'liex.

I am nothing. If there was a time when you did not exist, I was there. And I will be there when you cease to exist. I will be there when your atoms turn to nothing, and become once more a part of me.

You talk of hubris. Well, fellow destroyer, understand this. I have seen Ragnarok. I know your fate. And I know that your dragons will not be here to see it...

With that, for several ages, Locathan went unseen, moving out far into the cosmos. Moving out among the same path his strangelets took...

Entropy
    4. The tendency for all matter and energy in the universe to evolve toward a state of inert uniformity.
    Last edited by Jzadek; 2011-12-06 at 09:32 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Nordul shakes his head, before looking up at them all.
    "Both of you, calm down! None of us want things to end so soon, right? We can talk of ways to resolve conflicts amongst us, can we not? Things that will keep what we work on safe despite our squabbles?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2011-12-06 at 09:49 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Nordul shakes his head, before looking up at them all.
    "Both of you, calm down! None of us want things to end so soon, right? We can talk of ways to resolve conflicts amongst us, can we not?"
    Doga

"It is time for me to finally act after my long and mysterious slumber. I want you all to know that I will am soon about to give the mortal races a very powerful miracle. The miracle of reproduction. In this way, most mortals may be immortal in a sense that they would pass on their likeness down through the centuries. Reproduction shall require certain elements to be present to work, but in this way, I will finally make my contribution towards the mortal existence."

Spoiler
    Show

Pass on the gift of sexual reproduction among mortal races.

8. - Top - End - #68

No. It is not time yet.

Locathan's voice echoes through the Aether.

And he must not die yet. His end is not now. But his minions are on a clock. Their fate is rather sooner. The Black dragons and the serpent will feel nothing as destiny consumes them.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"THEN LET US TALK, BRETHREN!"
    The turtle looks angry.
    "Let us work out how to solve our issues against one another without pointless thefts and combats that risk our worlds! Let us establish what we can do and what we can not! We can bicker, and we can have our people fight or find peace amongst each other, but we can not keep involving our creations in our squabbles! They are not TOYS TO STEAL AND SQUABBLE OVER!"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2011-12-06 at 10:11 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    "THEN LET US TALK, BRETHREN!"
    The turtle looks angry.
    "Let us work out how to solve our issues against one another without pointless thefts and combats that risk our worlds! Let us establish what we can do and what we can not! We can bicker, and we can have our people fight or find peace amongst each other, but we can not keep involving our creations in our squabbles! They are not TOYS TO STEAL AND SQUABBLE OVER!"
    Mzuuthn'liex lands beside Nordul. "I am not unreasonable. Let us talk then."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Voroshk appears. His work on the Golems complete, now is the time for war.

There is nothing we need to talk about. When we are threatened by a rogue, we must act to defend ourselves. I recommend we work together to create a ward, rather than some artifact for mortals, that can keep Locathan's creations and the majority of power from affecting our mortal designs.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Wootman View Post
    "Whether sustenance is obtained from plant, or from the consumption of other creatures, all things hunger. On the barren, desert world of Euclidea, there lived the mortalkind known as the Things. Their god had neglected to provide for them. They had sharpened teeth, a predator's smile, but nothing to prey on. Witnessing this, the Great Dragon showed them how to sate their hunger." - the Black Dragon Chorus, translated

Directing his attention to the Things, he gave them a way to stave off starvation. They would prey on one another, killing and consuming their brothers, finding the flesh of their kind pleasing. This, so that race should not perish of starvation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Predators, Hunger: Spending 1 divine point to make the Things cannibalistic.
    {You DARE mess with my creations! They are not like your silly beings who need to consume the flesh of the living to survive. My Creations feed on the dying breaths of your pitiful beings. Their very Souls are absorbed into my Things. Their thoughts make up the air mine breath. Though I do have to thank you for introducing a perfect way of creating more Chaos.}
    Every Thing that is eaten grows inside it's Eaters stomachs, absorbing the Souls and Brains of the Non-Things, multiplying and growing until all 5 of the newly formed beings bud of the Eater, fully formed and ready to go.

Spoiler
    Show
    3DP
    -1 Create Thingsexual Reproduction: the Things reproduce by being eaten, their traits and that of their eater are randomized and 5 new Things bud off of the Eater.
    -1 Create Ambient Feeding: The Things do not need to eat like regular beings, they breath when Non-Things think, and eat when Non-Things die. Due to this it appears like they take in nothing physically, though it can be seen using magic.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes, M'zuun, you are reasonable. I believe you do everything for a reason, and a carefully crafted reason. You are the dragon. And I would like to know more of your reasons... a reason for your serpent in the black planet, perhaps, or a reason for your domination of those black dragons."

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by T-42 View Post
    There is nothing we need to talk about. When we are threatened by a rogue, we must act to defend ourselves. I recommend we work together to create a ward, rather than some artifact for mortals, that can keep Locathan's creations and the majority of power from affecting our mortal designs.
    "I feel I must disagree, brother. While Locathan certainly acted rashly, it was not without good intentions. That in and of itself should count for something. I believe that we are all here to talk about a truce, are we not? We cannot keep continuing along the path that we are on without seriously jeopardizing all that we have created. We must come to an agreement on how to act, what to create, and how far we can or cannot interfere with each others' sentient beings. I will be the first to admit that I may have trodden on Mordeshul's toes in transferring goodness into a percentage of his creation, and for that I apologize. Let us work something out here and now to preserve all creation. Voroshk, I understand that you are the god of war, but is that not among the mortals? Do you really wish to risk everything?" Kar-Leon asks gravely.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusMFD View Post
    I don't know what made me laugh harder, the original post or Hbgplayer's response
    One of the most interesting Derailments I've ever seen!
    Great Avatar by Ceika!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Hbgplayer View Post
    "I feel I must disagree, brother. While Locathan certainly acted rashly, it was not without good intentions. That in and of itself should count for something. I believe that we are all here to talk about a truce, are we not? We cannot keep continuing along the path that we are on without seriously jeopardizing all that we have created. We must come to an agreement on how to act, what to create, and how far we can or cannot interfere with each others' sentient beings. I will be the first to admit that I may have trodden on Mordeshul's toes in transferring goodness into a percentage of his creation, and for that I apologize. Let us work something out here and now to preserve all creation. Voroshk, I understand that you are the god of war, but is that not among the mortals? Do you really wish to risk everything?" Kar-Leon asks gravely.
    I will support a truce between the gods, but only for the gods. I have no wish to see my creations influenced by my brothers, but I will not see them bound into peace against their wills. If this cannot be done, I shall support no truce.

16. - Top - End - #76

Zombie

After He deals with the effects of the interloping God The Nothing decides to roam around.
    Hovering over the White Planet he looked down at the simplicity of it.
    {Where is the Chaos? Each place leads directly to the other. That isn't Fun at all. Let's try it this way.}
    And so Portals started appearing, for random durations at random time two places linked together through a shimmering purple portal.

DP 1
    -1 Portals: In random places at random times for a random duration two places link through a circle veil of viridian
    Last edited by Anecronwashere; 2011-12-07 at 01:20 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

Quote Originally Posted by T-42 View Post
    I will support a truce between the gods, but only for the gods. I have no wish to see my creations influenced by my brothers, but I will not see them bound into peace against their wills. If this cannot be done, I shall support no truce.
    "Absolutely. I thought that we had already agreed to interfere little in the affairs of Mortals."
    Quote Originally Posted by PrometheusMFD View Post
    I don't know what made me laugh harder, the original post or Hbgplayer's response
    One of the most interesting Derailments I've ever seen!
    Great Avatar by Ceika!
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78

Zombie

{Who isn't interfering with Mortals?}
    The telepathic voice is quickly joined by a suave man in a well-made red suit.
    {Did someone forget to invite me to this deal?}

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Whidel

Sighing to himself, the god of air looks at his brothers. "Just listen to yourselves, all of you! We are all kin, and yet we cannot seem to agree on ANYTHING! If we are so immature, do we deserve the power to shape the universe?"

Actually glaring at his brothers, Whidel continues. "If all of us would wish to do their own thing, that is fine! But we should not draw mortals to our disagreements. Everyone that wishes to help me in building the artifact is free to do so, and the rest can do as they please. But we should not interfere with races of others before we have set aside our power momentarily to walk amongst them. Only then we can truly understand them."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehound View Post
    "Yes, M'zuun, you are reasonable. I believe you do everything for a reason, and a carefully crafted reason. You are the dragon. And I would like to know more of your reasons... a reason for your serpent in the black planet, perhaps, or a reason for your domination of those black dragons."
    Mzuuthn'liex shows his fangs in something approximating a draconic smile. "Why Moskul, the serpent has performed a service! Through it's hunger and it's travels, the world where none dare tread has been given definition in it's passing.
    As for my black dragons, they now have the honor of serving the greatest of them all. Not some god who has created them for the sole purpose of his amusement. Would you have denied them this? It's only natural dragons should serve a dragon.
    "

The Great Dragon's smile shows no sign of lessening.
    Last edited by Wootman; 2011-12-07 at 08:07 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wootman View Post
    Mzuuthn'liex shows his fangs in something approximating a draconic smile. "Why Moskul, the serpent has performed a service! Through it's hunger and it's travels, the world where none dare tread has been given definition in it's passing.
    As for my black dragons, they now have the honor of serving the greatest of them all. Not some god who has created them for the sole purpose of his amusement. Would you have denied them this? It's only natural dragons should serve a dragon.
    "

The Great Dragon's smile shows no sign of lessening.
    "Only natural that the great serpent serve a greater one. But I notice you still dare not tell me why you created the serpent, and keep him beneath the soil."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"However, with each action, there are things that break the idea other gods have for their creations. You nearly disrupted His creations and their purpose, you did not allow anyone else to just mend the aether after Locathan's well meaning but ultimately misguided attempt to help. All may go to you in the end, but that does not give you impunity to alter the plans of others as you wish. We each want our creations to be special. Be unique. Be what we want of them. So perhaps we should set down guidelines of etiquette?"

23. - Top - End - #83

Locathan's voice rings true across the cosmos once more, though his location remains a mystery.

Great Dragon. I apologize for my rashness. It is true that all life will go to you before the Great End, as the worlds are consumed by greed and fear. You are an essential part of the apocalypse, and you need not fear your own destruction to be imminent.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jzadek View Post
    Locathan's voice rings true across the cosmos once more, though his location remains a mystery.

Great Dragon. I apologize for my rashness. It is true that all life will go to you before the Great End, as the worlds are consumed by greed and fear. You are an essential part of the apocalypse, and you need not fear your own destruction to be imminent.
    " WORRY NOT, I DO NOT FEAR. "

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

If the other players have not posted by 7 PM West Coast time, We'll be moving onto the next round.
    By the crabs, for the crabs.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Feltel sees the gods bickering and has mixes feeling. On one handthey are fighting to keep balance. On the fc;4other peace did not seem like a likely outcome.
    They head to join with where most of the gods. Fel's male voice echoes thought the room Do not forget about us good brothers. We embody balnce and want to help you reach said balance. Fel stopped talking and Tel's started talking We know wars are coming we can feel it in the ather. War cause balance to be lost. We do not want that to happen.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by humson View Post
    Feltel sees the gods bickering and has mixes feeling. On one handthey are fighting to keep balance. On the fc;4other peace did not seem like a likely outcome.
    They head to join with where most of the gods. Fel's male voice echoes thought the room Do not forget about us good brothers. We embody balnce and want to help you reach said balance. Fel stopped talking and Tel's started talking We know wars are coming we can feel it in the ather. War cause balance to be lost. We do not want that to happen.
    Incorrect, sibling. War embodies balance and growth. Without war, mortals will grow fat and complacent, empires will grow much too strong, and ingenuity will falter. Only through war do the races strive to create, and find balance in power.

Know that while I embody war, I do not do so out of a desire for destruction, or death, or bloodshed. It is natural, and it is a catalyst for good.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Feltel speacks with Fel's voice again. you misunderstood me, brother. I was not talking about wars between mortals but we between gods. We are more powerful than any mortal and are weapons are the very fabric of the universe it self. A war between us will only rip that fabric apart and chaos will rain down upon the worlds. No balance can be found in that

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by humson View Post
    Feltel speacks with Fel's voice again. you misunderstood me, brother. I was not talking about wars between mortals but we between gods. We are more powerful than any mortal and are weapons are the very fabric of the universe it self. A war between us will only rip that fabric apart and chaos will rain down upon the worlds. No balance can be found in that
    What I said can easily apply to us as well. Without conflict, we will grow weak and complacent. Easily manipulated. Even if a war between us devastates everything, the survivors will find balance in the aftermath. The reality of war is unfortunate at such a developmental stage, but without some sort of reckoning the more reckless among us will only see fit to cause more trouble.
    Last edited by Blackfish; 2011-12-07 at 10:00 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"It is remarkable that the gods first war was a war of words and actions."
    -A View of the Troubled Times

For a full era the gods debate, each presenting there side, their ideas and their views. It quickly becomes apparent that a decision will be very difficult to reach. Tempers run thin, accusations are hurled and the very Aether shakes with the power of the gods words.

The Mortals quickly find themselves with a new gift, a tool with which they can control their own destiny. Whereas before they had been numerous and each lost had been irreplacable, they could now reproduce. Several races quickly exploded, the Humans and Kobolds chief among them. It was not long before the two races were locked in a bitter war, the Kobolds desiring the Humans farmlands and the Humans desiring the Kobolds gold. From the forests and jungles, the Elves watched in concern as both sides warred. Four Seasons passed and still the gods debated and still the races warred.

On the Grey Planet, the Golems spread ever onwards, their streets and square, symetrical buildings covering the surfaces of the grey planet. With their newfound gift of magic, the Golems were able to create more Golems made of Bricarnium, and Darcarnium. In the farther reaches of the Grey Planet, Blue, Purple and pink trees made of jagged crystal rise from the grey stone and the golems quickly make weapons and focus for their magic from it. The Golems made a leader, whose Form was metal his eyes crystal and his blood and soul of magic called ZIIXX. As magic brought about consiousness, ZIIXX was imbued with a tiny spark of the Ultimate Creators power and a fraction of his ultimate goal was revealed. The Golems mobilized for war.

In the Aether, Locathan was thwarted by Mzuuthn'liex whose voice was rage. Locathans creation was hidden within a tear in the Aether and any movement of the Guardian would seal the hole in the Aether.

Upon Euclidia, hapless mortals are drawn here by the strange portals and quickly devoured by the strange, cannabilistic Things. Those that somehow manage to escape speak of terrors that dwell not upon the White Planet, if they speak at all.

Thus began the 4th Era.

Spoiler
    Show
    CURRENT POINTS(ROUND 4)
    Name: Doga(Armin)
    Divine Points-4(+1 Round, +1 Sphere(Family)+2 Surplus)

Name: Voroshk(T-42)
    Divine Points-3(+1 Round, +1 Worshipers,+1 Sphere(War, Artifice)

Name : Raih(Vardianor)
    Divine Points-6(+1 Round, +1 Worshipers, +1 Blood Sacrifice, +3 Surplus)

Name: Whidel(Grim ranger)
    Divine Points-5(+1 Round, +1 Worshipers, +3 surplus)

Name: Jim-Bob(3.1415926535897)
    Divine Points-5(+1 Round, +1 Worshipers, +3 Surplus)

Name: Kar-Leon(Hbgplayer)
    Divine Points-6(+1 Round, +1 Celestial Object, +1 Worshipers, +1 Sphere(Knowledge),+2 Surplus)

Name: Nordul(Eshkigal)
    Divine Points-4(+1 Round,+1 Worshipers, +1 Sphere(Healing, Medicine),+1 Surplus)

Name: Mzuuthn'liex(Wootman)
    Divine Points-4(+1 Round, +1 Sphere(Hunger), +2 Surplus)

Name: Moskul(Trufflehound)
    Divine Points-4(+1 Round,+1 Celestial Object, +1 Worshipers, +1 Shrine)

Name: Vel'kor(Erik Vale)
    Divine Points-5(+1 Round, +1 Celestial Object,+3 surplus)

Name: Locathan the Destroyer(Jzadek)
    Divine Points-3(+1 Round, +1 Celestial Object +1 Sphere( Fate,Destiny,)

Name: Mordeshul(Dead)
    Divine Points-5(+1 Round, +1Worshipers, +3 Surplus)

Name:Fel and tel, Feltel(humson)
    Divine Points-5(+1 Round, +1 Worshipers,+3 Surplus)

Name: The Nothing(Anecronwashere)
    Divine Points-4(+1 Round, +1 Celestial Object, +1 Worshipers +1 Sphere(Chaos)

As always, if there's anything I missed, please let me know. Also, for the time being I'm going to put a limit of 10 Divine Points. If you'd like to repeal this, say so in the OOC thread and we'll discuss it there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rules for God Warfare
    As the 4th Era Dawns, Battle between gods can begin.

To kill a god, you must reduce him to negative divine points and keep him or her there for at least one round. If you reduce a god to -1 Divine Points but the next round starts and he gains 3 divine points then he will start the round alive, and with 2 Divine Points.

There are a few ways to damage gods. The first is to attack them directly, which costs 1 divine point on the attackers part and does 1-2 Divine Points of Damage to the defender. Artifacts can increase the damage dealt, or decrease the damage taken. If you slay a god, you will receive a one-time bonus of +2 Divine Points at the beggining of the next round.

You can also damage a gods income by commanding your worshipers(via dreams, visions, direct commands, etc as long as it fits your god) or your minions directly to wage war on the races and minions of the other gods of the other gods. Destroying their shrines, causing natural diasters or famine or even converting their followers will also damage their income when the next round starts. Gods can take steps to defend against such things as well.

Gods can heal other gods using a divine point as well. The healed god receives one divine point back, but only one divine point can be spent by the one doing the healing in this way.

If you have a question or an idea, or want to wage warfare in a more unconventional way, message me or ask in the OOC thread.

Last edited by Algerin; 2011-12-08 at 12:27 AM.
    By the crabs, for the crabs.