New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: One Piece in the Playground: IC Thread

Felicia still seems to be oblivious as she takes the kitty in her arms and skips back toward the ship, "...and I have catnip and toys and a laser pointer and you can play with all the other kitties..." Hualin shakes her head a bit and then rubs her head under Talina's arm.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Captain Talina

Talina gives another laugh, stands back up, and resumes scratching behind Hualin's ears.

Come on, girl. Let's go make sure the doctor doesn't get too crazy.

She will follow Felicia.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Felicia still seems to be oblivious as she takes the kitty in her arms and skips back toward the ship, "...and I have catnip and toys and a laser pointer and you can play with all the other kitties..." Hualin shakes her head a bit and then rubs her head under Talina's arm.
    "Oi! I'm a MALE cat, miss!"

HOLY CRAP HE SPOKE
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Nigel

Nigel grins widely as he responds, "As I said before my name is Nigel Zeromus, man of the sea!" With his introduction done, and him thinking it would have been better if he were on a rock that had a huge wave breaking against it with him in a pose, He looks at the Marine woman and can clearly see the muscles on her from hard training and years of experience. That was hard work in it's most pure form, rising from the bottom to the top. If there was one thing he respected about Marines it was that. He grin still plastered on his face he says, "An Admiral you say? Well it is an honor to be in the presence of a beautiful yet powerful woman like yourself. It must have taken you years of hard work to achieve such standing and strength." When he says it he is not being demeaning. In fact he seems to have some admiration and comradie in he eyes and tone. Remembering not to be rude he holds his hand out for Arlene to shake as well.
    Admiral Preppa - The Bazaar
    "It did take a while...lot's of hard work and more favors then I can count." she said the last part with a laugh.
    In all honesty, she was among some of the youngest Admirals and, in her opinion, one of the most beautiful ones.
    "So what do you mean about 'Man of the Sea'?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Felicia froze, her moment of vulnerability leaving her completely stunned and paralyzed at the cat yelling at her. If Hualin could think human thoughts, she'd be kicking herself for not noticing something off sooner. The tiger immediately shifted to protector mode and leapt at the cat, knocking her out of Felicia's hands.

6. - Top - End - #66

Captain Talina

Talina also stares in shock. Though, she doesn't freeze up like Felicia did.

Instead, she walks to where the cat lands and goes to pick him up by the back of his neck.

So... Talina looks him in the eyes. Are you actually a cat? Or are you a Zoan-type?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Inkwell

After a long and boring walk from the VIP docks to the Trial signup area, Inkwell finally found where he was supposed to be. His dark orange braids flapped around to the lax movement of his walk as he approached to the person taking names. "Is this where I go to cut people?" he said with his barely interested eyes. "Because this is where the flyer said to go and my superiors said I was supposed to come to this island."
    Last edited by Orzel; 2011-12-06 at 07:19 PM.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Nigel shrugs as she asks him about being a man of the sea. (sorry I forgot his speaking color was purple. I didn't want to be confused.)"Eh, just a title I made for myself. I used to be a runt, was even the smallest and weakest of all my brothers, even my sisters. Well I got tired of it and went off on my own to train. For 4 long years I braved the sea and all of its challenges. Okay mostly I was drifting and getting lucky. Eventually my luck ran out and I shipwrecked on a deserted isle. I braved that isle for three years. I even once wrestled a shark and after getting it to it fed me for a good week."
    He smiles fondly as he remembers the time. The look on his face leaves no doubt that he is telling the truth, though it might be a little disturbing that he seems to be remembering it as a good time rather than a fearful one.

After reminiscing for a while he continues, "Well after a while of surviving on the island, the last day if I recall correctly, I was starving when I found a wierd fruit. Being starved as I was I gobbled it in one bite. It was only after that I found out it was a Devil Fruit. So I technically don't count as a man of the sea anymore, but I'm not gonna let that stop me!" As he finishes he flashes his gigawatt smile again.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Captain Talina

Talina also stares in shock. Though, she doesn't freeze up like Felicia did.

Instead, she walks to where the cat lands and goes to pick him up by the back of his neck.

So... Talina looks him in the eyes. Are you actually a cat? Or are you a Zoan-type?
    "Couple of hundred years too early, kitty-chan." The cat replied to the tiger. Surprisingly enough, despite him using a human's language, the tiger would find she could understand him.

"And you care because, pretty lady? If I'm a talking cat, I'm worth a bundle and you've got me by the scruff. If I'm a Zoan, then I'm nothing special and you're gonna drop me anyway. If I leave you wondering, you have to stick with me until you reach a decision." The cat put bluntly. "I was quite enjoying the attention, you know. But my pride as a male is something I don't forsake easily.

Would you please put me down at least? This position is uncomfortable."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #70

Captain Talina

Actually... Talina brings him a little closer. He might notice that she suddenly has fangs instead of normal teeth. If I'm wondering, I might get bored and make my own decision.

Then she puts him down, and her teeth are normal again. At least give us your name. Unless you'd like me calling you "cat" all the time.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #71

Admiral Preppa - The Bazaar
    "Okay."
    She then checked her watch.
    "Ugh, we should probably be getting to Midas' soon..."
    She goes over to another stall quickly and gets plenty of shirts with the word Marine on them.
    And when she came back she smiled.
    "Wanna come with us to Midas' place? We need to go make an appearance there."
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Captain Talina

Actually... Talina brings him a little closer. He might notice that she suddenly has fangs instead of normal teeth. If I'm wondering, I might get bored and make my own decision.

Then she puts him down, and her teeth are normal again. At least give us your name. Unless you'd like me calling you "cat" all the time.
    The mischievious cat just reaches out to lick the tip of her nose instead. He doesn't seem frightened so much as amused.
    "Thanks, sweetheart. Name's Kohou. What's your name and that of your cat-loving friend?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Nigel

He looks surprised by Preppa's invitation. He didn't think that he had made that much of an impression. Smiling widely again, though not nearly as big as before he says, "Well how could I refuse such an invitation from such a beautiful woman? I would love to Admiral Preppa."

14. - Top - End - #74

Captain Talina

Captain Talina Kirishi. And this is my animal loving doctor, Felicia Knight. She nods to Felicia.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

"Pleased to meet ya, sweetheart." He had this annoying little tone to his voice that suggested getting angry at his antics would be a waste of energy. "You a cat lover too?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76

Captain Talina

Talina jerks a thumb in Hualin's direction. You think I'd let her stay on my ship if I wasn't?

Vice Admiral Arlene

Arlene raises an eyebrow to Preppa, but doesn't question her commander's decision.

However, she will keep an eye on this guy for now.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #77

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Nigel

He looks surprised by Preppa's invitation. He didn't think that he had made that much of an impression. Smiling widely again, though not nearly as big as before he says, "Well how could I refuse such an invitation from such a beautiful woman? I would love to Admiral Preppa."
    Admiral Preppa - The Bazaar -> Midas' Place
    Admiral Preppa smiles still.
    "Good! Because if you didn't agree I would have tied you up and thrown you over my shoulder." she says with a laugh, silently vowing that if this man made things turn out badly she'd kill him.
    She then tries going to Midas' Place!
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

Captain Talina

Talina jerks a thumb in Hualin's direction. You think I'd let her stay on my ship if I wasn't?

Vice Admiral Arlene

Arlene raises an eyebrow to Preppa, but doesn't question her commander's decision.

However, she will keep an eye on this guy for now.
    "Seen captains with weirder tastes. Sorry I spooked Felicia."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79

Captain Talina

She shrugs. Eh, no biggie. I think she'll forgive you.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

"Don't think her big friend will be as forgiving though." He noted, looking sideways at Hualin. "Not that I'm worried."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

Talina waves a hand. Bah, she's just over protective of Felicia. And a little jealous that you were getting all the attention.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Talina waves a hand. Bah, she's just over protective of Felicia. And a little jealous that you were getting all the attention.
    "I guess. So, you're a captain, right? You don't look like a Marine. Which trials are you taking?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83

Talina gives a fake offended look. A Marine? Ha! Like I'd be one of those stuck-up losers.

I'm in the last three. The Heart one, the Beauty one, and the Devil one.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

(I'll change Inkwell to italics since bold is taken)

Inkwell

Inkwell was informed that he was in the right place and signed up for the Trial of Steel. So much fun he had in scribing his signature so elegantly, he signed up fir the Trial of Fist as well. This was despite his only mediocre had to hand ability.

Inkwell even tried to sign up for the Trial of Beauty but he was halted by the man at the booth. He simply shifted of not being female and walked away, both hands behind his head.

A short walk and shopping trip sent him into the Bazaar with a large pad of paper. Inkwell found a barrelled to sit on and took off his white suit jacket to keep it clean (and keeping his vice admiral status). It was painting time. "Hey you? Stop moving so I can paint you."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The attendant nods to Inkwell. "The Trial of Steel might be what you're looking for. It's on the second day of the tournament and is meant for swordsmen and other users of similar weapons."

----------

Felicia stands frozen at the sight of the talking cat. Hualin stands between her and Kouhou in a protective state, snarling. "T-Talking... N-neko-ch-chan..." she stammers out. Suddenly, her mood shifts, her face becoming blank, "I need to buy medicine... amoxicillin... neosporin... penicillin..." she takes the gathered items and starts walking back to the pride with a blank look on her face.

---------

The walk from the city to the Midas Estate is so long that the city can't even be heard by the time you reach the gates. A giant golden wall surrounded the gate with a giant golden barred gate serving as the only entrance. At first, it seems like no one is there to man the gate.

26. - Top - End - #86

Midas' Place
    Admiral Preppa gives a mighty yell.
    "I AM ADMIRAL PREPPA OLINOZAKU AND I'VE COME HERE BECAUSE I WAS INVITED!"
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    The attendant nods to Inkwell. "The Trial of Steel might be what you're looking for. It's on the second day of the tournament and is meant for swordsmen and other users of similar weapons."

----------

Felicia stands frozen at the sight of the talking cat. Hualin stands between her and Kouhou in a protective state, snarling. "T-Talking... N-neko-ch-chan..." she stammers out. Suddenly, her mood shifts, her face becoming blank, "I need to buy medicine... amoxicillin... neosporin... penicillin..." she takes the gathered items and starts walking back to the pride with a blank look on her face.

---------

The walk from the city to the Midas Estate is so long that the city can't even be heard by the time you reach the gates. A giant golden wall surrounded the gate with a giant golden barred gate serving as the only entrance. At first, it seems like no one is there to man the gate.
    "She hangs out with a Devil Fruit user for a Captain and she's this shook up about a talking cat?" Kohou almost seems to shrug. "In any case, good luck on the Trials. I think I'll go back to my ship for now. If you need to talk to me, just look for the Izayoi Pirates." He makes a cute face, almost as if saying "unless you wanna goodbye cuddle...?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Midas Estate

Suddenly, there is a well-dressed, black-suited, black-gloved man at the gates. There was no sign of his approach, not even the usual whoosh one might get from Soru. He just appeared in the blink of an eye. "Good day, Admiral Preppa Olinozaku. I trust your shopping experience was pleasurable?" The man bowed as he opened a much smaller door within the golden barred gate, one for normal-sized people to enter. "And a good day to you too, Arlene Runsio. Captain Nigel Zeromus, it is a surprise to see you here as well, but if the admiral wishes to invite you as well then welcome. I am the butler, Bartholomew. I shall attend to your needs during your time here. Walk this way if you please." Bartholomew walked along the winding path up to the mansion.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Nigel

Looking down at Preppa he smiles to himself as the woman had done exactly as he would have. This was looking better and better by the minute. He could only wonder though what would happen when she found out he was a pirate. Too bad she would probably try to have his guts. After all he may not be well known, but he was still a 'new age pirate' meaning that he was mostly in this for One Piece and the promise of adventure. A brute he may be, but a sadist or cruel pirate he was not.

When the butler comes down and call him captain he flashes another gigawatt smile at the man. On the inside however...Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t! I can only hope that this won't blow up in my face much earlier that I anticipated! He then starts following the butler, prepared for the barrage of questions that will be inevitably coming.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-12-07 at 09:40 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Vice Admiral Arlene

Arlene gives a nod towards Bartholomew, her way of a greeting. When Nigel is referred to as a captain, her eyes narrow slightly at him, and her hands tighten a little around her swords. However, she does not attack. Yet.

Captain Talina

Talina chuckles. Yeah, she's a strange one. Good doctor, though.

When he mentions going back to his ship, Talina gives him a knowing look. I knew it.

Yeah, I should probably follow her. Adios!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS