New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Telekineticist (3.5 D&D, PEACH)<-really, you should.

@ DerTollUdo

Life has a habit of getting in the way of living, 'tis true!

What was it you wanted changing on the Savant? I'll post up a revision to save you hassle if needs be.

@bobthe6th

Pretty sure the current one in our WIP link is the finished article, give or take a small amount. We've discussed power/balance almost endlessly and the way it reads now is the closest to agreement that we've managed so I think it's fair to say it's done. As long as DerTollUdo doesn't disagree, that is...?
    All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    Co-Developer of the Mutant Powers Project:
    World Warper
    Telekineticist and ACFs, Feats, Shadow Hand PrC

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Yeah, to my knowledge Burst was finished unless someone things otherwise?

3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hmm, your post did the vanishing act on me vek lol.

Savant needs to have the part at the very start that says Loses: at the very beginning and then Benefit: for all the things they actually lose all upfront so that noone can misread it. Then state the benefits and the levels they are gotten similar to how it is now :). Also needs to state the change to TKFighting. Then make the change to the capstone part of the savant and ill update mine. Then, it should be finished...I think?
    Last edited by DerTollUdo; 2012-08-07 at 04:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

wow... just re read the class... and you people are amazing.

now the last thing this class needs? more feats. many, many more feats.

like a feats to switch the main score of the class to str, or dex, or hell even con.

a way to add elemental damage to force blasts, or even a special for unarmed to add some elemental damage onto the made weapons.

a way to mix in incarnum, say add hands or enhancement bonuses to weapons used with telikentic fighting.

or a way to mix in martial maneuvers... say a feat that lets you use one weapon with a strike.

stuff like that.
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

5. - Top - End - #365

Heh, no worries Der, it's done it to me on more than a few occassions!

Bob! Hello there it's been a while since the creator checked his work eh, hehehe! We've been keeping it warm for you, shall do the Savant edit asap. Few more feats shall happen as I balance ideas and turn them into something coherant!

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    World Warper

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

You should update the first post now/in the near future when we get these last few fixes in place. So are we all in agreement that this class is complete? Feats withstanding of course.

EDIT:
    I actually got to it now. Check it over and see if I missed anything?
    Last edited by DerTollUdo; 2012-08-08 at 12:22 AM.

7. - Top - End - #367

Edits look good to me, was there anything in particular you wanted me to check over?

Savant section is below, edited for ease of understanding

What happened to the feats section with the last edit btw? They're gone!?

TK SAVANT ACF
    Spoiler
    Show

Whereas the psion and the wilder have learned to hone their minds into weapons capable of manifesting their merest whim, many Telekineticists find they are too specialized to manifest in the truest sense. Some few discover instead how to mimic the effects of certain powers through manipulation of their Hands. These few are known as Telekineticist Savants.

Replaces:
    Medium Armour Proficiency, Martial Skill, Critical Thinking, Far Trick.
    Delay the acquisition of TK Fighting by one step (Least @ 6th, Lesser @ 11th and Improved @ 16th). You do not gain Greater TK Fighting at any point.
    Change the Telekineticist's BAB to average progression (like a cleric). You are not as martially minded as other Telekineticists, but your understanding of your powers stretch to the abstract far more than most.

Benefits:

Warp Reality
    At 1st level you start to gain a number of Psi-Like abilities as you progress, determined by which discipline you choose to follow (listed below). Each ability requires a number of hands to be used, equal to the level of the power simulated. Hands used this way are considered used until the beginning of your next turn. Your manifester level is equal to your class level, and any saves run off your Charisma modifier.
    1st level. Level 1 power, usable 3+ con modifier times per day.
    3rd level. Level 2 power, usable 2+ con modifier times per day.
    5th level. Level 3 power, usable 1+ con modifier times per day.
    7th level. Level 4 power, usable con modifier times per day.
    9th level. Level 5 power, usable con modifier -1 times per day.

Power Overwhelming
    At 4th level you gain the ability to augment your Warp Reality with additional hands. Each additional hand counts as 2 power points for this purpose. You begin being able to use only 1 additional hand in this way. You may use another additional hand for every 4 levels thereafter (2 extra at 8th, 3 at 12th, etc, to a maximum of 5 additional hands at 20th.)

Master of the Far Hand
    Remove this line from the ability:
    "You no longer take range penalties to your far tricks."
    Add this line to the ability:
    Your Warp Reality powers now require only a move action to use. Your level 1 Warp Reality power is now at will.

Disciplines
    Below are listed the discipline power lists, you must select one at 1st level, and may never change this choice. If a power uses your Intelligence for a calculation, replace it with your Charisma. If a power requires a touch attack, you may use a Hand to deliver it at a range of 5ft/class level, as long as you have one free. Each discipline grants a class skill and another ability (much like a Cleric's domain)

The Beast (Psychometabolism)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Add Knowledge (Nature) and Survival to the Telekineticist's list of class skills.

1st level power. Thicken Skin
    2nd level power. Animal Affinity
    3rd level power. Hustle
    4th level power. Metamorphosis
    5th level power. Psychofeedback

Claws of The Beast
    At 5th level you gain the ability to grow claws using your Hands. As a move action you may use a Hand to gain a natural claw attack, which you maintain for as long as you have at least one Hand invested in it. You may invest additional hands for extra damage to a maximum of 1/4 class levels (so you begin with only one Hand for the claw, but may add a second at Telekineticist level 8). The claw attack deals damage equal to 1D6/Hand + Charisma AND Strength modifier.

The Traveler (Psychoportation)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Add Knowledge (The Planes) to the Telekineticist's list of class skills.

1st level power. Detect Teleportation
    2nd level power. Dimension Swap
    3rd level power. Astral Caravan
    4th level power. Psionic Dimensional Anchor
    5th level power. Psionic Teleport

Group Mentality
    At 5th level you gain the ability to manifest the power Astral Traveller at will as a move action. This requires the use of one Hand which is used until the end of your turn. You may touch multiple targets with the same move action (1 Hand/target), as long as you have enough Hands to do so.

The Mentalist (Telepathy)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Add Bluff to the Telekineticist's list of class skills.

1st level power. Psionic Charm
    2nd level power. Psionic Suggestion
    3rd level power. Hostile Empathic Transfer
    4th level power. Psionic Dominate
    5th level power. Mind Probe

Mind's Eye
    Your Mind's eye ability gains the following enhancement:
    You may improve your Mind's Eye ability with the use of an additional hand. You gain the effects of the Read Thoughts power with 2 differences:
    The area becomes that of your Mind's Eye ability.
    Creatures with an intelligence of 26 or higher (and at least 10 points higher than your own intelligence score) no longer stun you if they are read. Instead, you simply cannot comprehend the thoughts you read and therefore gain no effect for the purposes of these creatures.

The Augur (Clairsentience)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Add Gather Information to the Telekineticist's list of class skills.

1st level power. Precognition
    2nd level power. Clairvoyant Sense
    3rd level power. Fate Link
    4th level power. Remote Viewing
    5th level power. Clairtangent Hand (except as follows);
    1. This emulates one of your Hands, not the Far Hand power.
    2. When you augment this power, it allows you to make a Force Burst, Force Fling, or Mental Strength action (not telekinetic force, maneuver or thrust) with the clairtangent hand, as if it were a Hand within your TK range.

Preemptive Defenses
    At 5th level The Augur gains the ability as a move action to 'reserve' a number of his hands up to 1/4 class level. You may reserve these hands until you next sleep, and as long as they are reserved they may not be used for any other abilities, releasing a hand from this ability is a move action. For as long as you have at least one Hand reserved, you gain a +2/hand reserved as an insight bonus to reflex saves and AC.

The Maker (Metacreativity)
    Spoiler
    Show

Add Knowledge (Engineering) to the Telekineticist's list of class skills.

1st level power. Astral Construct
    2nd level power. Psionic Repair Damage
    3rd level power. Ectoplasmic Cocoon
    4th level power. Psionic Fabricate
    5th level power. Hail of Crystals

Constructive Hands
    At 5th level The Maker learns to turn his Hands into finely crafted tools, to astonishing results. Whenever The Maker makes a Craft check, he may use a number of Hands equal to 1/2 class levels, always 2 at a time (so 2, 4, 6, etc), henceforth called a 'Pair' to simulate a duplicate of himself for the work.
    This ability has 3 effects and may be used in conjunction with Craft (Sculpture) for the purposes of creating astral constructs and for Craft checks involving Psionic Fabricate, but has no effect on the time it takes to manifest the powers:

1. Gain a cumulative +2 bonus to your Craft check results for each Pair you invested in the Crafting check.
    2. Multiply your Craft check result by 1+ Pairs you have invested in the check for the purposes of calculating time taken to craft.
    3. At 9th level, when you gain the Focused Shield ability, you also gain the ability to shape your shields in a new way. By using 2 equally sized shields, you may create a hemisphere which has a radius equal to the size of the panes making it (i.e. two 10x10 panes would create a 10ft radius hemisphere). You may enlarge the hemisphere with additional Pairs at a rate of +5ft radius/Pair invested. The hemisphere counts as a single shield when adding extra hands for increased damage and bullrush checks.

EDIT:
    Maybe put a link to the Shadow Hand at end of main post too...it's a connected PrC after all.
    Last edited by Veklim; 2012-08-17 at 02:55 PM. Reason: foolishly forgot something...tsk

World Warper

8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Veklim View Post

What happened to the feats section with the last edit btw? They're gone!?
    That got moved to post 147, linked at the start of post 146 in the class part labeled as extras, because that post is HUGE and breaking 50000 characters with those 3 sections in it.

I believe I will be making a section in post 147 for Prc/Epic Prc. Need to check spacing though. Might just do links to it...on that note would you grab me the link for whatever post the Shadow Hand is in? I figure you know where it is faster than me filtering backwards lol.

Also, in the near future I will look over you shadow hand in a greater detail for the sake of finishing that class for you :)

9. - Top - End - #369

The Shadow Hand, linked for your convenience!

World Warper

10. - Top - End - #370

Ok, on smart-phone (grrrrrr) so only quick notes, but must write them now or I'll lose them to the mists of late-night professional exploitation for barely legal wage...argh

Idea, the first:
    Crystalise Hand.
    Functions like a psi-crystal in some respects and a crystaline formed Hand in others. Ruleset/Stats to come (when I have a proper keyboard and a screen which allows me to view the whole text window width, instead of 92% of it ). I swore once I would never make another table on my smart-phone...and I meant it!

Idea, the second:
    "Elementary, my dear Watson!"
    Choose one of the following, fire, cold, electricity or acid.
    Whenever you use a Hand to add damage to an attack or an ability you use, that extra damage may be of the chosen type.
    You may take this feat multiple times, choosing a different elemental damage each time.

World Warper

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Feat idea,
    Make lockdown shapeable.

Thoughts?

Additionally, my DM dislikes that lockdown is not "specific" enough. He thinks I should make it mention Dimensional Anchor, or at least the effects thereof.

Thoughts?

12. - Top - End - #372

Suggested edit (in bold)

At level 16 any area you Lockdown becomes so dense that it blocks Line of Effect (as if it were solid), but not Line of Sight, and behaves as if it were a psionic version of Dimensional Lock except where noted above. It also causes Teleportation and Teleportation-like effects to fail within the Lockdown, both those coming in and those going out.

World Warper

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

what a beautiful class... im struck speechless.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

14. - Top - End - #374

Quote Originally Posted by LordErebus12 View Post
    Thankyou! I'm sure bobthe6th (original creator) and DerTollUdo (co-developer) would be similarly glad of the praise! This has been a mammoth project (check the date of bob's original posting!).

Quote Originally Posted by DerTollUdo View Post
    Feat idea,
    Make lockdown shapeable.
    Hrm, yes indeed... you thinking 1 additional Hand to shape into 5ft blocks? I'd say they all have to be touching though, it should be a single area, even if it's irregular in shape.

World Warper

15. - Top - End - #375

OK then, here we go, FEATS!

My idea:
    Crystallise Hand
    Spoiler
    Show

Requirements: Telekineticist of 4th level or higher, you must permanently sacrifice one of your Telekinetic Hands.
    Benefit: When you take this feat, you permanently reduce the number of Hands you posses by 1. This Hand is crystallised, becoming corporeal and functioning almost identically to a psicrystal, except as noted below:
    • Treat your effective psion level as your Telekineticist level - 3 for the purposes of calculating your Crystallised Hand's properties.
    • Remove Share Powers from the list.
    • Replace Deliver Touch Powers with the following:

You may deliver a Force Burst, Force Fling, Far Trick or Focused Shield through your Crystallised Hand, treating it as the centre of your TK range for all effects of that ability. To do so, you must have the Crystallised Hand within 5ft of you at the time you invested the Hands in the ability.
    If you are a TK Savant, you may deliver any touch ranged Warp Reality ability in this same manner.
    • Treat the Channel Power ability as reading 'TK Hand ability' instead of 'powers' in every instance. If you are a TK Savant you may also use your Warp Reality abilities in this manner.

Special: Your Crystallised Hand counts as a psicrystal for the purposes of feat requirements. If your Crystallised Hand is destroyed, you regain the use of the Hand you sacrificed after 1D4 days. You may create a new one whenever you wish, but may only have one at any given time.

bob's idea:
    "Elementary My Dear Watson!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Requirements: Telekineticist of 8th level or higher
    Benefit: Upon taking this feat you must choose one of the following; fire, cold, electricity or acid (this may not be changed once made). Whenever you use an additional Hand on an ability to add a die of damage, that damage may be of the chosen elemental type.
    Special: You may take this feat up to 4 times. You must choose a different elemental damage type each time you do so.

Der's idea:
    Sculpted Lockdown
    Spoiler
    Show

Requirements: Lockdown class feature
    Benefit: When you use your Lockdown ability you may invest an additional Hand to shape the area of effect to your advantage (this Hand is considered used until the end of the Lockdown). Doing so allows you to break down the area of effect into 5ft cubes arranged as you like within your TK range, but all cubes must be touching, creating a single shape.

Always good to have a few more feats!
    Last edited by Veklim; 2012-09-06 at 10:03 AM.

World Warper

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Thankyou! I'm sure bobthe6th (original creator) and DerTollUdo (co-developer) would be similarly glad of the praise! This has been a mammoth project (check the date of bob's original posting!).
    I am as always willing to soke up praise, but at this point 90% of the credit goes to the developers. They did the heavy lifting to make this class truly impressive.

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordErebus12 View Post
    Thank you! It has been a long time in the making but this class is alot of fun (I am currently playtesting one at extremely high power levels, up to 16 btw.)

OK then, here we go, FEATS!

My idea:
    Crystallise Hand
    Spoiler
    Show

Requirements: Telekineticist of 4th level or higher, you must permanently sacrifice one of your Telekinetic Hands.
    Benefit: When you take this feat, you permanently reduce the number of Hands you posses by 1. This Hand is crystallised, becoming corporeal and functioning almost identically to a psicrystal, except as noted below:
    • Treat your effective psion level as your Telekineticist level - 3 for the purposes of calculating your Crystallised Hand's properties.

You may deliver a Force Burst, Force Fling, Far Trick or Focused Shield through your Crystallised Hand, treating it as the centre of your TK range for all effects of that ability. To do so, you must have the Crystallised Hand within 5ft of you at the time you invested the Hands in the ability.
    If you are a TK Savant, you may deliver any touch ranged Warp Reality ability in this same manner.
    • Treat the Channel Power ability as reading 'TK Hand ability' instead of 'powers' in every instance. If you are a TK Savant you may also use your Warp Reality abilities in this manner.

Special: Your Crystallised Hand counts as a psicrystal for the purposes of feat requirements. If your Crystallised Hand is destroyed, you regain the use of the Hand you sacrificed after 1D4 days. You may create a new one whenever you wish, but may only have one at any given time.

bob's idea:
    "Elementary My Dear Watson!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Requirements: Telekineticist of 8th level or higher
    Benefit: Upon taking this feat you must choose one of the following; fire, cold, electricity or acid (this may not be changed once made). Whenever you use an additional Hand on an ability to add a die of damage, that damage may be of the chosen elemental type.
    Special: You may take this feat up to 4 times. You must choose a different elemental damage type each time you do so.

Der's idea:
    Sculpted Lockdown
    Spoiler
    Show

Requirements: Lockdown class feature
    Benefit: When you use your Lockdown ability you may invest an additional Hand to shape the area of effect to your advantage (this Hand is considered used until the end of the Lockdown). Doing so allows you to break down the area of effect into 5ft cubes arranged as you like within your TK range, but all cubes must be touching, creating a single shape.

Always good to have a few more feats!
    Crystallize Hand: Sounds good, feels awkward. Any reason you limited the abilities it can channel? A psicrystal can become the origin point for all powers that arent personal...I will take a stab at rewording, and include all abilities. Let me know how this fits your idea:

Spoiler
    Show
    Crystallize Hand
    Spoiler
    Show

Benefit: When you take this feat, you permanently reduce the number of Hands you posses by 1. This Hand is crystallized, no longer being able to be invested in other abilities, and becoms corporeal and functions almost identically to a psicrystal, except as noted below:
    • Treat your effective psion level as your Telekineticist level - 3 for the purposes of calculating your Crystallized Hand's properties.

Helping Hand: For the purposes of Hand activated abilities you may have your Crystallized Hand utilize them, making it the center of your TK range for all effects of the ability. To do so, you must have invested the Crystallized Hand with a number of Hands to use for abilities while it was within 5ft of you. This number is up to you, but all Hands spent this way do not return to you until it moves back within 5ft and you recall them, or the Crystallized Hand is destroyed. To invest or recall Hands is a move action.

If you are a TK Savant, you may deliver any Warp Reality ability in this same manner.

Special: Your Crystallized Hand counts as a psicrystal for the purposes of feat requirements. If your Crystallized Hand is destroyed, you regain the use of the Hand you sacrificed after 1D4 days, or you may reform it as a Crystalline Hand after a similar period. You may create a new one whenever you wish, but may only have one at any given time.

How's that? Also, this ability makes it even harder to catch a TK. Your TK range effectively goes to 1 mile at that point, since that is the functioning range of a psicrystal I think...no book to check right now. Possibly make it limited to certain distance from you?

Elementary My Dear Watson!: Good concept, but feels lack luster. I mean most of the damage dealt is already d6 force, which is fantastic. And on those that dont deal force, well they dont really add die as much as numbers, so by wording they get no bonus. I also am a personal fan of including sonic to the standard list of elements as everything is immune to the others at some point. (In my current game, a bad guy was immune to all energy types, even esoteric ones like hellfire, except for positive. Probably because the DM didnt realize you could hurt people with it...and even most enemies are protected from the 4 basic ones.)

So in other words, this feat really just feels like you take it and change from force to a more common element. Nice idea, but needs something more...

Sculpted Lockdown: Yeah pretty much. Although a part of me doesnt like making people convert radius to individual cubes at the table. Feels like you need to have the volume of a sphere memorized. But I don't know how to simplify the calculation...

Quote Originally Posted by bobthe6th View Post
    I am as always willing to soke up praise, but at this point 90% of the credit goes to the developers. They did the heavy lifting to make this class truly impressive.
    Without your original work Bob, I wouldnt have had a chassis to make this class with. It all started with your idea :) I just made it look pretty for you, and added rocket launchers lol

Suggested edit (in bold)
    The problem I have with that is that up until possibly now we have gone out of our way to build a class that doesnt need to reference any other material not in the class. All abilities function as standalone from books. Sure this makes some of them seem strong, since they are (as my DM says) "completely unique and nothing else really does them like that or as good." But I hate having to browse multiple sources for one class. It gets tiresome and time-consuming. So, I guess a better way to phrase that question is: should I create a specific list of things that the ability blocks (basically lift it from the spell) and add the line "as well as any similar effects"? Because it is really supposed to be the ability that says you dont get to leave...I infact actually locked down a 600ish swarm of beetles with this, it really is great at its job.
    Last edited by DerTollUdo; 2012-09-06 at 10:53 AM.

18. - Top - End - #378

Hrm, yes. Lift the text from Dimensional Lock for it then, honestly I only put it like that to try and avoid overloading on the character-count, but we've moved the feats so it's probably alright.

Crystallise Hand was worded as it was because a standard psicrystal is limited to only touch-range powers for the equivalent ability, and I deliberately limited the new one to compensate for the power-hike of doing what it does. Your rewording is fine, but the reason for my wording was one of balance, if you reckon it's ok unchecked then go with your wording instead. I'm easy like that

The range issue is a good point, make it 100ft/level and I think it's ok. Considering you can only have one of these guys at a time, it still takes a fair bit of planning/skill/luck to use effectively all the time.

Without your original work Bob, I wouldnt have had a chassis to make this class with. It all started with your idea :) I just made it look pretty for you, and added rocket launchers lol
    Go team TK!

World Warper

19. - Top - End - #379
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hrm, yes. Lift the text from Dimensional Lock for it then, honestly I only put it like that to try and avoid overloading on the character-count, but we've moved the feats so it's probably alright.

Crystallise Hand was worded as it was because a standard psicrystal is limited to only touch-range powers for the equivalent ability, and I deliberately limited the new one to compensate for the power-hike of doing what it does. Your rewording is fine, but the reason for my wording was one of balance, if you reckon it's ok unchecked then go with your wording instead. I'm easy like that

The range issue is a good point, make it 100ft/level and I think it's ok. Considering you can only have one of these guys at a time, it still takes a fair bit of planning/skill/luck to use effectively all the time.

Go team TK!
    Alright, give me a minute, and I'll lift the text...I thought it was perfectly self explanatory before though lol. Stupid DMs and their wanting exactness :P

Perhaps I will add the touch part to TK Savant part then. As I had it confused with the higher level one lol. But at the same time, with my wording you must invest Hands in it before it can use them. And perhaps we should state that it may only use one ability, selected at the time you invest Hands, until it comes back and you change it?

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

Hm, I like the thread, and I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but do you have any ideas of ACFs to build a Pyrokineticist? I've a NPC for one of my campaigns that I want to give a nice statblock.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

just give it "elementary, dear Watson" and refluff all the hand based abilities as fire based.

or, just use fire in place of force with a unarmed TK. it will be a mite weaker then a normal TK(no force damage), but an NPC probably won't notice.

thank you for your interest.

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

22. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Not as of yet no. Although I would not mind if you had ideas for how to make an ACF for this class. We love ideas! :) Give us a baseline of what you want it to be and we will work with you to make it fit our class.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

bumping to make my last post appear

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

24. - Top - End - #384

Alright, give me a minute, and I'll lift the text...I thought it was perfectly self explanatory before though lol. Stupid DMs and their wanting exactness :P
    Aye, a constant source of annoyance ...except half the time I AM that DM ...sudden moments of shock and awe at my own hypocrisy ...oh, they're gone again .

Perhaps I will add the touch part to TK Savant part then. As I had it confused with the higher level one lol. But at the same time, with my wording you must invest Hands in it before it can use them. And perhaps we should state that it may only use one ability, selected at the time you invest Hands, until it comes back and you change it?
    That's actually covered in my wording, look:

If that's not enough then I'd add this line after the first underlined bit:
    'Once invested, these Hands are unusable until such time as the Crystallised Hand delivers the ability and returns to you. If the Crystallised Hand is destroyed, the Hands return immediately.'

Restricting it to burst, fling, far tricks and shields is part of the balancing act for the power-offset, since the TK possesses no touch range abilities!

World Warper

25. - Top - End - #385
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

I feel like making it only use the ability once is...wasteful? I was trying to say in my wording that you invest Hands in the crystal then choose an ability. As long as you dont recall those Hands it can use that ability with the Hands you gave it. So you can make a wandering wall generator or blaster. Thoughts?

And yeah, I was basically saying I would revert the limitations to your wording lol.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

that does kinda shatter the action economy with a hammer though... and that is how the normal familiars touch casting works. But I can see reasons to make it a true investiture of hands.

How about you invest at a rate of 2 invested:1 effective, and if the hand dies you can't use any of those hands for a day?

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

27. - Top - End - #387
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

It doesnt really break the action economy more than a normal psicrystal though. You can build them to be assassins with more melee ability than yourself...

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

It doesnt really break the action economy more than a normal psicrystal though. You can build them to be assassins with more melee ability than yourself...
    that... both scares and intrigues me. do tell.

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

29. - Top - End - #389
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

By the rules psicrystals gain feats, a BAB, and stats. Through feats you can get the TWF tree, then get sneak attack, then get boosts in additional damage, then translate it into a diminutive assassin with a lot of attacks that deal a decent chunk of damage each hit. They can also channel your spells. They can be pretty scary if you make them so. So having them be able to basically use one of your abilities whenever they want, while diminishing your own power seems balanced. Sure you get an extra action effectively, but you also hinder your ability to freely use your Hands.

30. - Top - End - #390

Hrm, leave it as my initial idea and present a second feat to allow a more permanent investiture for one particular power perhaps...?

It does enough as is, and once you hit the channel TK ability it's all gravy anyhow!

World Warper