New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Telakeneticist (3.5 D&D, PEACH) now with ACFs!

but 10 is hard to convert for damage. it goes by 25s...
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Then start with 25lb and add 25lb/3 levels, that's 50 lb for levels 3-5, 75lb for 6-8, etc... Sits bang between the last 2 ideas at a maximum of 175lb at level 18 and still works with the hands for scaling. Don't worry about trying to figure a new value every level, just round down to the nearest integer, nice'n'simple.

Will set about the rest of the edit tomorrow!

(I will likely have more questions for you)
    All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    Co-Developer of the Mutant Powers Project:
    World Warper
    Telekineticist and ACFs, Feats, Shadow Hand PrC

3. - Top - End - #33

BTW, might wanna correct the Post's title, could help getting PEACHers in.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    World Warper

4. - Top - End - #34

Default Re: Telekineticist (3.5 D&D, PEACH) now with heavy edits!

Telekinetic Reach (SU):
    Spoiler
    Show
    At third level, any weapon you are weilding with your Telekinetic Fighting threatens adjacent squares as normal for a weapon of it's type. If the weapon has the reach quality then calculate accordingly.

Notes: Just put in a proviso for reach weapons.

Far Trick (SU):
    Spoiler
    Show
    As your powers start to mature, you gain the ability to make specific types of attacks within your Telekinesis range. These work as normal except Charisma is used instead of Strength, your opponent does not get the chance to make a retaliatory attempt if you fail, and your size bonus (or penalty) does not apply to these checks. To begin with, each ability receives a penalty of -1/10ft away from the target you are. Each ability requires one hand to activate.

Starting at 4th level you may attempt to break down a door or bullrush an opponent.
    At 8th level you may attempt disarm attempts against foes. The penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/20ft.
    At 12th level you may attempt trip attempts against foes. The penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/40ft, and the penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/20ft.
    At 16th level the penalty for triping is reduced to -1/20ft, the penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/40ft, and the penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/80ft.

Notes: Re-jigged the layout of this ability to try and cut down on wording. Could probably do a little table to show all the range penalties, but I don't think it's needed really.

Mind's Eye (SU):
    Spoiler
    Show
    At 5th level, as a full round action you may gain blind sight out to half your telekinesis range until the start of your next turn.
    At 10th level this increases to full telekinesis range.
    At 15th level you may maintain this ability indefinitely with one hand.
    At 20th level this ability is always active (even when you are not psionically focused).

Notes: Tidied up and clarified the words always active.

Martial skill (Ex):
    Spoiler
    Show
    You may not be a fighter, but you understand weapons of war.
    At 5th level you gain two additional martial weapon proficiencies.
    At 9th level you gain two more additional martial weapon proficiencies.
    At 14th level you gain one additional martial weapon proficiency and one additional exotic weapon proficiency.
    At 19th level you gain two additional exotic weapon proficiencies.

Telekinetic Flight(SU):
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have finally mastered moving yourself by will alone. You gain flight as long as you are in no more than medium armour and carrying no more than a medium load.
    At 7th level, you may fly at a speed of 30ft with perfect maneuverability for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier. You may keep this flight up indefinitely by using two additional hands.
    At 11th level, your fly spedd increases to 40ft and you may stay aloft for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom score. You only need one hand to keep this up indefinitely.
    At 13th level, your fly speed increases to 60ft and may be used without limit.

Notes: Added proviso for armour/carry capacity maximums.

Will get the last ones later.
    Last edited by Veklim; 2011-12-11 at 06:20 PM.

World Warper

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

those are great, and have now been added.

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

6. - Top - End - #36

May I also suggest a few feats to go with your class? Stuff that enhances/diversifies certain abilities, like a feat which improves your Far Trick checks by 2 and allows you to use additional hands to add cumulative +1s on top, or a feat allowing you to use your flight to move allies as well as yourself for instance...

World Warper

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

well, mental strength caould work for short distance hops... and until high levels even your normal flight is limited...
    but I think I should add that additional hands can also increase the maximum weight the Telekineticist can carry freely with mental strength. each hand doubleing the weight limit. then he can just have everyone sit in a net that he then levitates... lets see at level 10 thats 300 lb, so not yet unless its a party of halflings... level 15 its 750lb so unless the fighter is a behemoth the party should be good. level 15 sounds about right for at will mass fly...

but feats do need some thoughts. perhapce a feat that boost your indefinate carrying cappacity? goes from 25lb/3 levels->50lb/3 levels->100lb/3levels. then real party flight might work, but he has to pay a feat tax for it.

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

8. - Top - End - #38

Focused Shield(SU):
    Spoiler
    Show
    At 9th level you may create a barrier with your Telekinesis as a move action. Any unattended objects or projectiles (including spells which require an attack roll) are instantly stopped and cannot pass through. If a creature attemts to pass through, it suffers an immediate bullrush attack upon contact with the barrier, as if the barrier were a gargantuan creature with a Strength score equal to your Wisdom score. If the barrier wins the opposed check, the creature is pushed back 5ft (but no more, since the barrier cannot move from the squares it has been placed in), if the creature wins, it forces it's way through the barrier, dispersing it. In either case the creature takes force damage equal to 1D6 +1/class level. The barrier is 10ft square, positioned as you please within Telekinesis range and requires 2 hands to maintain. You may maintain multiple barriers at once, so long as you have enough hands to create them.

Notes: Expanded the description of this and clarified a lot, please check it over carefully and re-edit if needed before you post it up top! Made it need 2 hands instead of one, I think it's too powerful to be needing only one hand really, and this way the number of extra barriers is reduced but still useful. Added nominal force damage regardless of result to compensate for the extra hand needed.

Disrupting Throw(SU):
    Spoiler
    Show
    At 15th level, as an immediate action, you may attempt an attack of opportunity against any opponent up to 5ft/class level away. They must have just taken an action which would provoke an attack of opportunity were you adjacent to them, but you need not be threatening the opponent. You may use your Force Blast ability, or any of the abilities you know through Far Trick. This counts towards your attacks of opportunity for the round.

Notes: This is expanded quite a bit too, but as it read before, you could do this whenever you felt like. Now, at least, the opponent has to do SOMETHING which warrants the AoO, even if it was done 40ft away from you!

Ghostly Hand(SU):
    Spoiler
    Show
    At 17th level onwards, your abilities become capable of affecting ethereal objects and enemies. Objects thrown using Force Blast must be ethereal to do so, but weapons weilded using Telekinetic Fighting are treated as being both corporeal and ethereal from now on.

Notes: Not much needed here, but did allow weapons to be treated as ethereal automatically (though not objects, since they're launched, not weilded). It's a 17th level ability after all...

Master of the Far Hand(EX):
    Spoiler
    Show
    At 20th level, you have reached the pinnacle of your mental power. Reality becomes an illusion which you can bend like putty, and many of your abilities are enhanced as follows:
    All your Telekinesis dependent abilities are now considered Extraordinary.
    Your Disrupting Throw becomes a free action and may be used anywhere within your Telekinesis range.
    Your flight speed increases to 120ft.
    You no longer take range penalties to your far tricks.
    You count as using twice as many hands as you devote to Mental Strength for performing acts of manual dexterity.

Notes: Tweaked Disrupting Throw's enhancement so it reads as I think you intended. Tidied it up.

I hope this is all OK for you, I've tried to stay as close as possible to what I believe was your aim, but cover up the holes in the process. If any of it needs changing then go ahead, it's your work anyhow, I'm just the editor!

World Warper

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by bobthe6th View Post
    well, mental strength caould work for short distance hops... and until high levels even your normal flight is limited.....level 15 sounds about right for at will mass fly...
    This is true, but I wasn't thinking for early levels, 15th sounds about right to me too.

but I think I should add that additional hands can also increase the maximum weight the Telekineticist can carry freely with mental strength. each hand doubleing the weight limit.
    Be careful with words like 'double', especially when talking about multiple instances of the calculation! How about this then, at the end of Telekinesis, replace this:
    objects of 25lb/3 levels +25lb can be maintained without this limit.
    with this:
    "Objects weighing 25lb + 25lb/3 levels may be maintained without limit with one hand. For two hands, this becomes 25lb + 25lb/2 levels instead, and for three hands this limit becomes 25lb + 25lb/level."

Nearly the same effect up to 3 hands, but has no further effect afterwards, therefore reducing too much breakage at higher levels.

but feats do need some thoughts. perhapce a feat that boost your indefinate carrying cappacity? goes from 25lb/3 levels->50lb/3 levels->100lb/3levels. then real party flight might work, but he has to pay a feat tax for it.
    Not needed with the above amendment, but I'd take a similar tack to the above if I were to make it a feat, again to stop too much munkinism.

Will throw some thoughts for feats at you later sometime, must be back off to work for now though.

Adios!
    Last edited by Veklim; 2011-12-12 at 10:57 AM.

World Warper

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

all the edits were good, and the shield now works as I intended. now this really needs some third party PEACH, as I think we both agree on th class as it stands now...

feats... perhapce a track of feats to allow for multy classing?

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

11. - Top - End - #41

Got an idea or two in that sort of direction, will post up a few suggestions tomorrow.

I'd agree, yup. 3rd party needed!

World Warper

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Telekineticist (3.5 D&D, PEACH) do or do not, there is no try!

so... thoughts anyone?(thinly veiled bump...)

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Telekineticist (3.5 D&D, PEACH)<-really, you should.

really, you lot should post...

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

any one? please?

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

15. - Top - End - #45
    Firbolg in the Playground

Your Disrupting Throw becomes a free action and may be used anywhere within your Telekinesis range.
    What does that mean? If you mean it no longer uses on of your AoO then replace "Your Disrupting Throw becomes a free action." With "You may use Disrupting Throw as many time per round as you want though only once per attack of opportunity."

As currently worded I think it means you can use disrupting throw as a free action instead of an immediate action. That wouldn't do anything because it still counts towards your AoO for that round. However with my "fix" that means there is a guy with a 200 ft. reach that can make infinite AoO that can trip, bull rush, or damage. If you take the feat that stops casters from casting defensively, you can hurl a giant spear that deal 6d6+0-20d6 damage forcing a on average DC >31 concentration check or loose the spell. I gets worse for melee characters because they need to get up next to you. so Mr. Hitty charges moving 30 ft. provoking 6 AoO. You could hit him with 4 giant spears, trip him and bull rush him back so he has to do it again next round.

If you use Force blast as a blast of pure force it should be a ranged touch attack. Also specify if it effects ethereal creatures.
    Last edited by rweird; 2011-12-31 at 02:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

I've not seen an attempt at a telekinetic in a while. May I inquire as to where you got the idea? The hands sort of remind me of an anime I watched once.
    Anyways, besides the problem with wording for that one ability, I have another major concern. I understand he uses melee weapons, but he does so with telekinesis. I think an "Effective Telekinesis Level" in place of BaB for this attack would be better. The full BaB just bothers me (drop it to 10). I might also drop the skills points to 2 and/or the HD to d6, as this class makes an excellent blaster and battlefield controller.
    It shouldn't get hit that often (after you reword it*, it should get a few attacks to trip approaching attackers up) and the telekinetic hands make most strength and dexterity check irrelevant.
    *I wouldn't change the action or allow infinite uses, but would just say that he can use it as an attack of opportunity.

How does the fighter provoke 6 AoOs though? I can see two, one for moving and one for attacking. Unless you pick up robilar's gambit and karmic strike or something.
    Last edited by eftexar; 2011-12-31 at 03:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

cleared up the wording.
    it means that you no longer use up your immediate action when you use the ability. you are limited by your amount of AOOs, but you aren't limited to one use per round. so if you get combat reflexes at level 20 you can do some fun things, but not utterly broken things.

I liked it as a save. you aren't throwing a ball of explosion, you are trying to tear apart your foe from the inside. you don't miss, your foe might just take the explosion better if he has a strong body.

edit: nij'd...
    the hands were because thats what they gave... no real reason.
    the idea came from wanting to make a calss based around the telekinesis spell, and spreading it out over 20 levels.

well... that adds a layer of complexity, and limits his acses to some important feats(combat reflexes for one...)
    the class also spends most of his life in charge range(only at higher levels is he 60ft+ away from foes. I would rather him have an ok HD.
    he also doesn't have 3 skills to focus on like most casters. less then awful SP seems reasonable.
    Last edited by bobthe6th; 2011-12-31 at 03:48 PM.

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

18. - Top - End - #48
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eftexar View Post
    I've not seen an attempt at a telekinetic in a while. May I inquire as to where you got the idea? The hands sort of remind me of an anime I watched once.
    Anyways, besides the problem with wording for that one ability, I have another major concern. I understand he uses melee weapons, but he does so with telekinesis. I think an "Effective Telekinesis Level" in place of BaB for this attack would be better. The full BaB just bothers me (drop it to 10). I might also drop the skills points to 2 and/or the HD to d6, as this class makes an excellent blaster and battlefield controller.
    It shouldn't get hit that often (after you reword it*, it should get a few attacks to trip approaching attackers up) and the telekinetic hands make most strength and dexterity check irrelevant.
    *I wouldn't change the action or allow infinite uses, but would just say that he can use it as an attack of opportunity.

How does the fighter provoke 6 AoOs though? I can see two, one for moving and one for attacking. Unless you pick up robilar's gambit and karmic strike or something.
    Moving from "threatened square" to another square provokes an AoO. Moving out of the next does as well. He does that six times.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

and if the telikenetist has combat reflexes, a high dex(which isn't all that usful as his dex is replaced by int for mind stuff) and wants one fighters life to suck he can really mess with him... or he could just slap down a wall and let the fighter bounce off it...

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

20. - Top - End - #50

Quote Originally Posted by eftexar View Post
    Are you thinking of 'Elfen Lied' by any chance? I've been trying to put my finger on why the hands idea sounded familiar for weeks, only twigged when you said anime!

World Warper

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, last PEACH call before I call this done.

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hey, just found this. Too late to peach right now.
    Will do so tomorrow morning though :)
    Cool class by the way.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

sweet! it won't die quite yet!

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Just so you know, PEACH started. Will edit with thoughts when done.

Not to step on the great work Velkim did, but I found a few small typos, nothing major. Would you be opposed to me fixing them and copy pastaing into the PEACH?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Mind pointing them out in the critique? I would like to see what you found.

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

So far it's just been things with capitalizing the first word of a sentence, adding an extra gap between some really long paragraphs for readability, changing wording to keep within the tense of the sentence it is in, and a few letters that got mixed up or forgotten. I have found several by now, a few too many to point out, but I just copied the whole thing and am editing as I read so I don't think I can point them all out lol.

27. - Top - End - #57

I knew I'd miss a few, and I never touched the flavour text. Not had much time to drop back in on this and look with fresh eyes. Was gonna suggest a couple of feats to go with this wasn't I?

Here's the first one that I remeber, had a couple more in my mind which I will put down when I remember what they did!

Heavy Handed.
    Requirements: Far Trick Telekineticist ability
    Benefits: You may use additional hands whilst using your Far Trick class ability. For each additional hand you dedicate to the Far Trick attempt, you gain a +1 to any opposed rolls made as part of that attempt.

World Warper

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

This contains my edits. It is the whole first post.
    Spoiler
    Show

This is in need of PEACH. Just skip past the old comments.

Special thanks to VEKLIM for editing. It was a lot messier before.
    Really, first time I got an editor, and the class is better for it...

So, I have tried to make blasters. They have all been kinda busy, and introduce to many new concepts. So going to try a different tact, something in line with an invoker.

The Telekineticist. A rather long name but oh well.

When some peoples psionic talent surfaces, they show odd signs. Some of these show it through the sudden movement of objects. Flying plates and tables mark a developing psion, yet some never grow out of it. These psions grow in power, standing up to psions in their own right as masters of psionic power.

Characteristics: The Telekineticist relies on its mind to create force affects. This can range from throwing a mass at a foe, throwing a foe, fighting with a weapon held with his mind, even to full power flight!

Alignment: The Telekineticist can be of any alinement. The power of the mind bares no alinement above others.

Religion: The Telekineticist favors gods of battle and psionics.

Races: Humans are drawn to this class like any other. Small races also enjoy this class, as it lets them use brains in place of brawn. Any mining race tends to have many Telekineticists since they aid in the mining process. All psionic races tend to favor this class like any other psionic class.

Other Classes: Martial classes tend to dislike The Telekineticist, as they seem too magical to be true martial. Magical classes enjoy The Telekineticist, as they seem to merely be imitating their own power.

Role: Can take on the role of a secondary tank, or perhaps stealth. But this class shines at battle field control. With numerous abilities for punishing foes unwilling to move as he wishes, and the ability to physically move foes into a formation of his choice, he can add some useful utility outside of combat while performing numerous tricks at a distance.

Game Rule Information:
    Abilities:Charisma is very important, as it is the strength of The Telekineticist. Wisdom allows the Telekineticist to maintain effects longer. As this class is intended for combat a good constitution is important.

Alignment: Any

Hit Die: d8

The Telekineticist
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+1|+0|+0|+2|Telekinesis, Mental Strength, Force Blast, Wild Talent

2nd|+2|+0|+0|+3| Least Telekinetic fighting

3rd|+3|+1|+1|+3|Telekinetic reach

4th|+4|+1|+1|+4| Far trick

5th|+5|+1|+1|+4| Martial skill

6th|+6/+1|+2|+2|+5| Lesser Telekinetic fighting

7th|+7/+2|+2|+2|+5| Telekinetic flight

8th|+8/+3|+2|+2|+6| Far trick

9th|+9/+4|+3|+3|+6| Martial skill

10th|+10/+5|+3|+3|+7|Improved Telekinetic flight

11th|+11/+6/+1|+3|+3|+7| Improved Telekinetic fighting

12th|+12/+7/+2|+4|+4|+8| Far trick

13th|+13/+8/+3|+4|+4|+8| Greater Telekinetic flight

14th|+14/+9/+4|+4|+4|+9| Martial skill

15th|+15/+10/+5|+5|+5|+9| Disrupting throw

16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+5|+5|+10| Far trick, Greater Telekinetic fighting

17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+5|+5|+10| Ghostly hand

18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+6|+6|+11| Focused Shield

19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+6|+6|+11| Martial skill

20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+6|+6|+12| Master of the unseen hand
    [/table]

Class Skills

The Telekineticist's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are; Auto Hypnosis(Con), Balance(Dex), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Escape artist(Dex), Knowledge (Psionics)(Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Slight of hand(Dex), Tumble(Dex), Use Psionic Device(Cha), and Psicraft (Int).

Skill Points at First Level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Proficiencies: A Telekineticist is proficient with all Simple weapons and one martial melee weapon of their choice. They are also proficient with light and medium armor, and all shields.

Telekinesis(SU): A Telekineticist can use the power of his mind to affect objects far away from him. As a standard action he can perform a number of actions, referred to as 'hands', equal to 1/3 class levels (minimum 1) out to a range of 10ft/class level. Each hand is able to sustain an ongoing affect, but is occupied while doing so, and therefore unavailable for anything else as long as the effect is sustained.

If a telekinesis ability requires a save, it has a DC of 10 + 1/2 class levels + charisma modifier. If your Telekinesis requires a physical ability score (such as opposed strength checks for a trip attempt), strength is replaced by charisma, dexterity by intelligence, and constitution by wisdom. To perform any of these actions he must be psionically focused, although he does not expend his focus by doing so.

Mental Strength(SU): A Telekineticist can move an object with his mind, or perform some act of manual dexterity at any distance within his power's range. He may move up to 50lb/level along at a rate of 30' per action, objects up to 100lb/level at a rate of 20' per action or 30' with two hands & objects up to 150lb/level at a rate of 10' per action, 20' with two hands or 30' with three hands. Creatures may be moved in this way, but they get a will save to negate the effects.

These movements are not limited in direction, but do have a limited duration. A Telekineticist can maintain pressure for up to wisdom modifier rounds, after that the object drops to the ground and the Telekineticist is fatigued for 1d4 rounds. Objects weighing 25lb + 25lb/3 levels may be maintained without limit with one hand. For two hands, this becomes 25lb + 25lb/2 levels instead, and for three hands this limit becomes 25lb + 25lb/level.

The Telekineticist can also perform a feat of manual dexterity anywhere within the maximum range of his powers. This manipulation is limited by the number of hands used, if you wish to do something which would require two physical hands to achieve (like tie a knot in some rope), then you must use at least 2 hands.

Force Blast(SU):You can put out prodigious amounts of force in small bursts. As a standard action, The Telekineticist can launch an object within his telekinesis range, weighing no more than 25lb/level. The object travels up to 10ft/level and this movement may take it outside of your telekinesis range. The Telekineticist makes a standard ranged attack with the object, which deals bludgeoning or piercing damage (DM's choice) depending on it's weight up to 1d6/25lb. Regardless of the item launched, you do not take a non-proficiency penalty for this attack. Weapons launched with this power deal bludgeoing damage according to their weight unless you are proficient with them, at which point you may deal normal weapon damage (and damage type) instead. The object or weapon deals an additional +1d6 damage for each 10ft of movement it had left when it stops (so a 6th level Telekineticist throwing a 25lb object 10ft before impact would deal 6d6 damage, 1d6 for the 25lb of weight, and another 5d6 for the 50ft it failed to travel before connecting).

You may also focus this power as a blast of pure force. Doing so requires a standard ranged attack which deals 1d4/2 class levels force damage to one target within your telekinesis range. The target gets a fortitude save for half damage (this effects objects).

Wild Talent: You gain the feat Wild Talent as a bonus feat.

Telekinetic Fighting(SU):

Least:
    At 2nd level The Telekineticist may fight within the range of his telekinesis, using his 'hands' to wield a melee weapon with which he is proficient. As a standard action, you may make a single melee attack with this weapon, using Charisma instead of Strength for the to hit and damage rolls. You only threaten squares within your physical reach, if the weapon is beyond this range it does not threaten on it's own. A two-handed weapon requires two 'hands' to use. Any weapon(s) held by your telekinesis may have additional hands added to it, each increasing the damage by 1/2 charisma modifier. The Telekineticist suffers -2 to hit and a -1 to damage for every 10ft increment between the weapon and The Telekineticist, to a maximum of his telekinetic range. He may maintain this effect for a number of rounds equal to his constitution modifier per encounter. The Telekineticist may not use Telekinetic Fighting in the same round as he has used Mental Strength, or vice versa, regardless of how many actions he has in his turn.

Lesser:
    At 6th level you may make a full attack with the weapon(s) you are wielding with Telekinetic Fighting. You may not make more attacks than you could with a single weapon, even if you have the 2 weapon fighting or multi-attack feats, but you may spread your iterative attacks between weapons at no penalty. You may now hold a light or heavy shield with one 'hand' or a tower shield in two 'hands'.

Improved:
    At 12th level all weapons you are wielding with telekinetic fighting count as threatening all squares adjacent to them (or further if the weapon has the reach quality). Additionally, you may wield a weapon of a larger size category than you normally could for your size. For every size category larger than normal, the weapon requires an additional 'hand' to weild, these hands do not add extra damage, but you may add further hands to do so.

Greater:
    At 16th level you no longer take the -2 to hit and -1 to damage for every 10ft between you and your weapon, but you are still limited to the range of your telekinesis. Also, as a standard action you may attack once with each weapon weilded by your Telekinetic Fighting. This is done with a single attack roll at your highest attack bonus, but takes a penalty to hit equal to the number of weapons being weilded -1.

Telekinetic Reach(SU): At third level, any weapon you are weilding with your Telekinetic Fighting threatens adjacent squares as normal for a weapon of it's type. If the weapon has the reach quality then calculate accordingly.

Far Trick(SU):Starting at 4th lvl when your powers start to mature, you gain the ability to make specific types of attacks within your Telekinesis range. These work as normal except Charisma is used instead of Strength and your size bonus (or penalty) does not apply to these checks. To begin with, each ability receives a penalty of -1/10ft away from the target you are. Each ability requires one hand to activate.

At 4th level you may attempt to break down a door or bullrush an opponent.

At 8th level you may attempt disarm attempts against foes. The penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/20ft.

At 12th level you may attempt trip attempts against foes. The penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/20ft, and the penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/40ft.

At 16th level the penalty for tripping is reduced to -1/20ft, the penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/40ft, and the penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/80ft.

Minds eye(SU): At 5th level, as a full round action you may gain blind sight out to half your telekinesis range until the start of your next turn.

At 10th level this increases to full telekinesis range.

At 15th level you may maintain this ability indefinitely with one hand.

At 20th level this ability is always active (even when you are not psionically focused).

Martial Skill (EX): You may not be a fighter, but you understand weapons of war.

At 5th level you gain two additional martial weapon proficiencies.

At 9th level you gain two more additional martial weapon proficiencies.

At 14th level you gain one additional martial weapon proficiency and one additional exotic weapon proficiency.

At 19th level you gain two additional exotic weapon proficiencies.

Telekinetic Flight(SU): You have finally mastered moving yourself by will alone.

At 7th level, you may fly at a speed of 30ft with perfect maneuverability for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier. You may keep this flight up indefinitely by using two additional hands.

At 11th level, your fly speed increases to 40ft and you may stay aloft for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom score. You only need one hand to keep this up indefinitely.

At 13th level, your fly speed increases to 60ft and may be used without limit.

Focused Shield(SU):At 9th level you may create a barrier with your Telekinesis as a move action. Any unattended objects or projectiles (including spells which require an attack roll) are instantly stopped and cannot pass through. If a creature attempts to pass through, it suffers an immediate bullrush attack upon contact with the barrier, as if the barrier were a gargantuan creature with a Strength score equal to your Wisdom score. If the barrier wins the opposed check, the creature is pushed back 5ft (but no more, since the barrier cannot move from the squares it has been placed in). If the creature wins, it forces it's way through the barrier, causing it to disperse.

In either case the creature takes force damage equal to 1D6 +1/class level. The barrier is 10ft square, positioned as you please within Telekinesis range and requires 2 hands to maintain. You may maintain multiple barriers at once, so long as you have enough hands to create them.

Disrupting Throw(SU): At 15th level, as an immediate action, you may attempt an attack of opportunity against any opponent up to 5ft/class level away. They must have just taken an action which would provoke an attack of opportunity were you adjacent to them, but you need not be threatening the opponent. You may use your Force Blast ability, or any of the abilities you know through Far Trick. This counts towards your attacks of opportunity for the round.

Ghostly Hand(SU): At 17th level, your abilities become capable of affecting ethereal objects and enemies. Objects thrown using Force Blast must be ethereal to do so, but weapons wielded using Telekinetic Fighting are treated as being both corporeal and ethereal from now on.

Master of the far hand(EX): At 20th level, you have reached the pinnacle of your mental power. Reality becomes an illusion which you can bend like putty, and many of your abilities are enhanced as follows:

All your Telekinesis dependent abilities are now considered Extraordinary.

Your Disrupting Throw becomes a free action, still taking up an attack of opportunity per use. It may also be used anywhere within your Telekinesis range.

Your flight speed increases to 120ft.

You no longer take range penalties to your far tricks.

You count as using twice as many hands as you devote to Mental Strength for performing acts of manual dexterity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACFs

Pure Telekineticist.
    Spoiler
    Show

Replaces: Martial Skill, Telekinetic Fighting, Martial Weapon Proficiency, and Telekinetic Reach.

Benefit:You have as many 'hands' as you have levels. The range of your telekinesis increases to 20ft/level.

Unarmed Telekineticist
    Spoiler
    Show

Replaces: Martial Skill, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Medium Armor Proficiency.

Benefit: You may generate weapons of pure force. These deal damage equal to the number of 'hands' invested in them times 1d6 force damage.
    They get the Telekineticist's charisma modifier * .5 * the number of hands invested + 1 to damage. These are treated as weapons the Telekineticist is proficient with for all purposes.

Magic Items
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Miniature Boulder:
    This item is very useful to a Telekineticist. It has the dimensions of a marble, and weighs much the same.
    As a move action (or free action with the quick draw feat) the marble can be activated. After its activation, the marble can be made to weigh up to 500lb, always growing to a foot diameter sphere. another move action can reduce it back down to marble size.

My edits are all in there, anything I added I will specify. Otherwise I just fixed capitalization and minor wording things.

Removed the line in Abilities referring to INT since there is no in class mechanic using it.

Autohypnosis: Isn't that supposed to WIS based not CON?

Shields: Did you intend to imply that they are proficient with tower shields?

Telekinesis: I'm a little iffy on having the physical stats be replaced by 3 different stats. Would it be too overpowered to just make it all done by one of the mental stats? Probably not Cha since that is the main power of this class and it doesn't need more attention lol. Perhaps Wis as it is already the secondary? Also added a line at the end that said the focus is not expended, as I think that's what you meant...

Feat idea: more hands.

Force Blast: Solid, mostly. The part about using it for pure damage seems off. Is there a problem with making it ranged touch? It just seems more appropriate for the theme of the class and its effects are similar to those of a ray anyway. Also, since at lvl 20 it only deals 10d4 and gives a save it would usually be better to throw an object at someone. Also, assuming normal rules that this ability is capable of scoring a critical hit?

Feat idea: more weight.

Telekinetic Fighting: Cool. Actually makes a reasonable attacker. Although the limit to using it for Con rounds seems...small. That means that per combat he is really only useful for 2-5 rounds reasonably then again after 1d4 rounds of fatigue. Don't really know what would make it better or of it is even a problem since this ability is hard to judge without playtesting.

What happens if he staggers it some rounds on some rounds off? Does the time limit restart? Because as written it doesn't say. It actually is unspecific enough that it could be read that he can only do this once lol. I added a line that says per encounter to that part so it is clearer.

Since he is unable to use TWF during least and lesser, is it implied that he can use it in improved? Otherwise as written he can never use TWF or any other multi-weapon fighting feat.

Feat idea: every extra hand adds full cha to damage?

Telekinetic Reach: Isn't this just replaced by the Telekinetic Fighting Improved? If it is then maybe some other thing here? If not then, why is it in the fighting section at all?

Far Trick: I like. Would need to play test to find any flaws.

Mind's Eye: It says in the lvl 20 part that you can do it without a focus. Nowhere else is a focus mentioned. Remove or clarify that it is needed to use the ability at all. Also as a full round action to gain sight for 1 round until level 15 seems alot. Suggestion: Make it last for Wis modifier rounds or at level 10 move it down to move action so it can be done and you can do something else.

Martial Skill: Meh. Good ability, helps with weapon loadout. Balanced in my opinion but doesn't shine much. No problems, just commenting.

Telekinetic Flight: I like. However, it doesn't say what happens if you use the flight for the duration. Is that it for the day? Or do you become fatigued and then have to restart it?

I like the change from modifier to score at level 11.

At 13th level, does this mean it needs no hands? Or is it still assumed that all things need one hand? Just a clarity issue.

Feat idea: faster.

Focused Shield: Cool.
    So you effectively have 4 5ft squares you can place?
    Or is it just a 10ft thick block?
    Do the barriers fill the entire square or are they just thin like a wall of force?
    Can they have bends in them? Or are they always straight? I.E. can you put a bubble around yourself?
    Can they be a dome like in the wall spells?

Also the damage is laughable at every level: 26 damage at level 20. Perhaps 1d6/level? So 20d6 at level 20 or max of 120.

Feat ideas: extra hands add extra volume, extra hands add extra damage.

Disrupting Throw: Cool.
    Oh, and as to the discussion earlier of making the fighters life suck, you only provoke once for any given movement. So charging through 6 threatened squares only gives any attacker 1 AoO...so if he charges through a line of people he is screwed, if not only gets hit once.

Now if we had each weapon wielded be counted as a separate entity for AoO purposes, then I can see Telekineticists standing with a veritable swarm of swords in the direction of fighters just to make their lives suck.

Oh if someone has this and greater TK fighting, can they fling all of their weapons at this poor guy? Or only one at a time?

Also, another point, how far can you move the weapons you wield with TK per action? Anywhere in the range? Some other limit?

Ghostly Hand: Nice. The last sentence feels clunky, and might create some odd situation with interpretation later... how about "... weapons wielded using Telekinetic Fighting are able to affect ethereal creatures and objects as though they had the Ghost Touch ability, although they do not actually gain the enchantment."

Master of the far hand: Very nice capstone. First part: aren't all of the abilities gained in this class TK dependent? Therefore all TK class abilities become EX? Just a personal clarification.

ACFs:

Pure Telekineticist: I see no reason to take this. It means you have no real offensive power. Maybe with it, add something that improves the Force Blast ability? Or increase the amount of weight it can lift?
    This basically has this effect: Sweet, I now have all these Hands to do things with! I have so much utility now! Wait, a monster? I'm gonna go hide behind the mage now...

Unarmed Telekineticist: This is very cool. I would love this. Just seems heavy on the hands. Maybe increase the hands to 1/2 levels? Also, might need some bonus to hit. Change the dmg bonus to a to hit? Or just give the same bonus to dmg and to hit.

Items:

Miniature Boulder: Love this. Cost? Or just something they have?
    Last edited by DerTollUdo; 2012-02-09 at 02:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

yes

I did intend that

eh... I liked the slight MAD. It lets the charicter to either pump one abilaty into the stratosphere or be balenced. I guess... it would clarify.

The idea is that you arn't throwing a bolt of pure force, but trying to explode your foe from the inside, so fort save. also, majorly intended for object breaking. yes it is, force blast is for when you don't have something better to throw, or your foe is moving to fast. unarmed strike vs weapon.

It should allow you to rest. I just didn't want the telekenetisist walking around with weapons up at all times.

I should clear that up.

that was the intent, will clarify.

will remove that bit from improved.

yep.

psionic focus, will clarify. also, blind sight. the stuff is crazy, and I don't think he can do anything else when he is fondling a 60ft radius for ninjas.

yep

should make it clearer that it is a refresh at the end of the use.

thanks

should clarify

should be a ten ft square pane. so two squares, and up two 5ft cubes.

thin wall

no, but you can build a nice shield with 6.

nope, but a ten ft cube is doable.

the damage was an add on. it should be laughable, more insult to injury really.

cool

that would be really a DM call.

hm... as now, I think they can't realy use any, unless they force blast them all.

not sure... I think you have to move them with mental strength 30ft round.

hmm... will think on this

yes, yes it does

chuck rocks at the monster, or pick it up. you have the free hands now...

will think about it...

not sure of a good price... was a bit unfinished.

and thanks for the PEACH! will get to editing soon.

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

More discussion once you make the edits so I know what to speak on. I will also try to get my friend magikeeper to check it out and peach.
    Any thoughts on the edits I made?