New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Telekineticist (3.5 D&D, PEACH)<-really, you should.

finishing some other work at the mo, but around 10 I should get to it.
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Oh, and since I just got through comparing the posts, I have a suggestion for you. When responding to the items, put what you are responding to lol. Had to put them up side by side to really grasp what you were saying. And reasons as to why some things you feel shouldn't be changed are helpful in PEACHing.

Still not a fan of needing many abilities.

As to force blast, the name should change if it is supposed to be ripping apart from the inside (although technically you don't have line of effect/sight to do so). And in the case of most spells/abilities they only allow for either a save, or an attack roll. Not both. Attack roll for damage and save for secondary effects, but not for just damage.

And would you really have enough hands to make 6 walls? at level 20 you have 7...2 per wall means 3 walls. Unless I missed something? I also feel that this class needs more hands in general...

Rephrase the walls to be 10ftx10ft panes. All confusion gone.

I feel it should have a non laughable damage. Really at that level it should be an extra benefit not something you just feel like not mentioning to the dm since it doesn't matter.

You also didn't comment on the level 13 flight comment.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

I try to do so but with a full PEACH, the post hits ludicrous length fast.

its... um... I think some MAD should be in place. with a single score focus, things get out of hand fast. note sure though...

its a blast of force, it just happens to start in the foe. I will boost the damage though. probably add a fun rider... perhaps sickened?

yes... more hands my well be needed... not sure how I got 7, will look for my reasoning.

think I did that at one point, but it will be done.

They deal laugh able damage because they were to good for one hand with no damage, so at Verkilm's sugestion I made them 2 hands. they weren't quite good for two hands, so damage was added. not sure how to balence the two... Idea!

to quote: will clarify

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

For the ability replacement parts, use wis. It is already needed for the duration of some other things, and this way it puts stat importance like so:
    Charisma: basic class strength
    Wisdom: duration of class abilities
    Constitution: Survivability and combat prowess (with TK fighting)

Boosting some kind of damage and adding a rider would make it work as a normal ranged attack and damage + save to avoid rider. What are saves based on? Can't remember here lol.
    For the rider I suggest staggered or nauseated. Thematically: after ripping apart the foe from the inside, they must regain their balance (staggered)/they find it hard to focus (nauseated) for 1 round non cumulative.

Maybe 1/2 class levels. Ends up with 11 hands total...hmm still can't make a force box without being a Pure Telekineticist...maybe for the best. Not sure where a fine line would be. Maybe make it 1/class level and give the PureTK 2/level? Will do more figuring later, other opinions welcome...

For Wall damage, yeah at one hand/wall the damage was fine laughable. At 2, with current number of hands, the 1d6/class level no save seems fine. Average of 70 points of damage just for touching the wall. I feel this is a decent number at 20...

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

will finish over haul tomarow afternoon.

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

The edits look good to me, trouble I had was condensing bob's prodigious ideas into workable english, very glad someone else has pitched in to help because this class could seriously rock with some TLC!

For Wall damage, yeah at one hand/wall the damage was fine laughable. At 2, with current number of hands, the 1d6/class level no save seems fine. Average of 70 points of damage just for touching the wall. I feel this is a decent number at 20...
    The wall damage always bugged me a bit, but I figured as bob said, the damage was more insult than injury, a slap on the face for having the strength to push past at all. Your 2 hand workaround gives the best of both worlds though, choice of wall with a slap for defeating it, or a wall of solid pain, dependent on hand investment. I like the idea personally.

EDIT:
    Just re-read your post, and it's not what I thought you were actually saying, but I will suggest this:
    Invest 1 hand into a wall and you get a wall with 1D6 +1/class level damage to anyone who gets through.
    Invest 2 hands and get a wall which deals 1D6 +1/class level damage to anyone interacting with it, and deals 1D6/class level damage to anyone who breaks through.
    The barrier is dispersed by anything forcing through it so perhaps this is a valid 2 stage remix..?

Maybe 1/2 class levels. Ends up with 11 hands total...hmm still can't make a force box without being a Pure Telekineticist...maybe for the best. Not sure where a fine line would be. Maybe make it 1/class level and give the PureTK 2/level? Will do more figuring later, other opinions welcome...
    At the moment, the limited hands work towards the Telekineticist's 'virtual action economy', which stops too many sustained effects from being held simultaneously. I did a bit of math back when I first started helping with the edit, and figured the number could go up by maybe 2 or 3 from a feat, but many more could actually get a bit silly. Since then a lot has been tweaked and changed though so I am honestly unsure as to how much you could actually do at any given level.
    Either way, I feel 2/level for the Pure would be OK. So much of the combat capability is nerfed that the idea has nothing but merit. This way a Pure TK can throw out huge damage if they need to, but would be better equipped as utility casters than as blasters.
    Last edited by Veklim; 2012-02-10 at 09:05 AM.
    All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    Co-Developer of the Mutant Powers Project:
    World Warper
    Telekineticist and ACFs, Feats, Shadow Hand PrC

7. - Top - End - #67

Look Ma, more hands!(General)
    Requirements: Telekineticist 1st level only.
    Benefit: For some reason, you have more hands than other Telekineticists, maybe you're just greedy like that...
    You have extra hands equal to 1+1/5 HD in addition to the number listed on the Telekineticist class table.
    Special: This feat may only be taken on your 1st character level.
    Last edited by Veklim; 2012-02-10 at 09:17 AM.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    World Warper

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Veklim View Post
    The edits look good to me, trouble I had was condensing bob's prodigious ideas into workable english, very glad someone else has pitched in to help because this class could seriously rock with some TLC!
    Thanks :) I think the edits make the class more readable. Oh almost forgot I made this one, I 'changed' the Telekinetic Fighting into just one ability with multiple levels instead of Least Telekinetic Fighting into the higher ones because there was so much space being used for pure ACF just telling you what you lost. I made it just TK fighting with sub levels under it. Shouldn't be an issue but figured I would say I changed it. I also forgto to edit the capitalization in the table.

The wall damage always bugged me a bit, but I figured as bob said, the damage was more insult than injury, a slap on the face for having the strength to push past at all. Your 2 hand workaround gives the best of both worlds though, choice of wall with a slap for defeating it, or a wall of solid pain, dependent on hand investment. I like the idea personally.

EDIT:
    Just re-read your post, and it's not what I thought you were actually saying, but I will suggest this:
    Invest 1 hand into a wall and you get a wall with 1D6 +1/class level damage to anyone who gets through.
    Invest 2 hands and get a wall which deals 1D6 +1/class level damage to anyone interacting with it, and deals 1D6/class level damage to anyone who breaks through.
    The barrier is dispersed by anything forcing through it so perhaps this is a valid 2 stage remix..?
    The way it is worded they take the damage even for attempting to pass your wall. I like it that way. Gives it some use so people don't just keep trying.

So what you are saying is this?

Focused Shield(SU):
    Spoiler
    Show
    At 9th level you may create a barrier with one 'hand' of your Telekinesis as a move action. The barrier is a 10ft pane, positioned as you please within Telekinesis range. Any unattended objects or projectiles (including spells which require an attack roll) are instantly stopped and cannot pass through.

If a creature attempts to pass through, it suffers an immediate bullrush attack upon contact with the barrier, as if the barrier were a gargantuan creature with a Strength score equal to your Wisdom score. If the barrier wins the opposed check, the creature is pushed back 5ft (but no more, since the barrier cannot move from the squares it has been placed in). If the creature wins, it forces it's way through the barrier, causing it to disperse.

In either case the creature takes force damage equal to 1D6 +1/class level. However, if you invest a second 'hand' the damage moves to 1d6/class level. You may maintain multiple barriers at once, so long as you have enough hands to create them.

Also note, does this ability stop incorporeal/ethereal/astral creatures? Maybe make it possible with more hands? Not sure...
    Another note, is this screen visible or invisible?

At the moment, the limited hands work towards the Telekineticist's 'virtual action economy', which stops too many sustained effects from being held simultaneously. I did a bit of math back when I first started helping with the edit, and figured the number could go up by maybe 2 or 3 from a feat, but many more could actually get a bit silly. Since then a lot has been tweaked and changed though so I am honestly unsure as to how much you could actually do at any given level.
    Either way, I feel 2/level for the Pure would be OK. So much of the combat capability is nerfed that the idea has nothing but merit. This way a Pure TK can throw out huge damage if they need to, but would be better equipped as utility casters than as blasters.
    Alright math time, with hands as stands:

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 1+2: 1 hand.
    Abilities: (This assumes that every ability requires 1 'hand' to use, even if not expressly stated as I feel that is the intent.)

TK Range: 10-20ft
    • Can lift 25 lbs casually. 50-150 lbs/level only with effort up to wis mod rounds then fatigued.

• Can propel a weapon/object 10ft/level for up to 2d6/level for object (assuming heaviest object and shortest distance) or weapon damage + 1d6/level for weapons (assuming shortest distance).

• Can wield a weapon at TK range using primary stat for dmg/to hit, standard action 1 strike. Weapons don't threaten adjacent squares.

Number of hands needed to maintain utility vs. combat 1.

Level 3+4+5: 2 hands.
    Abilities:

TK range: 30-50ft
    • Can lift 50 lbs casually. 50-150 lbs/level only with effort up to wis mod rounds then fatigued.

• Can propel a weapon/object 10ft/level for up to 2d6/level for object (assuming heaviest object and shortest distance) or weapon damage + 1d6/level for weapons (assuming shortest distance).

• Can wield a weapon at TK range using primary stat for dmg/to hit, standard action 1 strike. Weapons threaten adjacent squares.

• Can now perform Far Trick-break door/bullrush

• Can see half of TK range with blindsight. Full round action.

Number of hands needed to maintain utility vs. combat 1.

Level 6+7+8: 3 Hands
    Abilities:

Tk Range: 60-80ft
    • Can lift 75 lbs casually. 50-150 lbs/level only with effort up to wis mod rounds then fatigued.

• Can wield a weapon at TK range using primary stat for dmg/to hit, Full Attack 1 weapon only. Weapons threaten adjacent squares.

• Can perform Far Trick-break door/bullrush, and disarm.

• Can see half of TK range with blindsight. Full round action.

• Can fly for wis mod rounds 30ft speed. Indefinite with 2 extra hands.

Number of hands needed to maintain utility vs. combat 2-4. Potential issue.

Level 9+10+11: 4 hands.
    Abilities:

TK Range: 90-110ft.
    • Can lift 100 lbs casually. 50-150 lbs/level only with effort up to wis mod rounds then fatigued.

• Can wield a weapon at TK range using primary stat for dmg/to hit, Full Attack 1 weapon only. Weapons threaten adjacent squares.

• Can perform Far Trick-break door/bullrush, and disarm.

• Can see full TK range with blindsight. Full round action.

• Can fly for wis score rounds 40ft speed. Indefinite with 1 extra hand.

• Can create barriers for battlefield control or damage. 1 hand deals 1d6+1/level. 2 hands deal 1d6/level.

Number of hands needed to maintain utility vs. combat 2-4. Problem if you want more than 1 wall at a time.

Level 12+13+14: 5 Hands.
    Abilities:
    TK Range: 120-140ft.
    • Can lift 125 lbs casually. 50-150 lbs/level only with effort up to wis mod rounds then fatigued.

• Can wield a weapon at TK range using primary stat for dmg/to hit, Full Attack as many attack actions as you have i.e. TWF. May wield larger weapons at additional hand cost. Weapons threaten adjacent squares.

• Can perform Far Trick-break door/bullrush, disarm, and trip.

• Can see full TK range with blindsight. Full round action.

• Can fly 60ft speed. Indefinite with 1 hand.

• Can create barriers for battlefield control or damage. 1 hand deals 1d6+1/level. 2 hands deal 1d6/level.

Number of hands needed to maintain utility vs. combat 3-5. Problem if you want more than 1 wall at a time.

Level 15+16+17: 6 Hands.
    Abilities:
    TK Range: 150-170ft.
    • Can lift 150 lbs casually. 50-150 lbs/level only with effort up to wis mod rounds then fatigued.

• Can wield a weapon at TK range using primary stat for dmg/to hit, Standard action May strike with all weapons held at -1 penalty after first 1 roll. Or may Full Attack. May wield larger weapons at additional hand cost. Weapons threaten adjacent squares.

• Can perform Far Trick-break door/bullrush, disarm, and trip. Max penalty reductions.

• Can see full TK range with blindsight. 1 hand indefinite.

• Can fly 60ft speed. Indefinite with 1 hand.

• Can take an immediate action AoO anywhere within half TK range as though you threatened. Can use Force Blast and Far Trick to do so.

• Can affect incorporeal creatures/objects with TK wielded objects.

Number of hands needed to maintain utility vs. combat 7-8. Major issue.

Level 18+19+20: 7 Hands.
    Abilities:
    TK Range: 180-200ft.
    • Can lift 175 lbs casually. 50-150 lbs/level only with effort up to wis mod rounds then fatigued.

• Can wield a weapon at TK range using primary stat for dmg/to hit, Standard action May strike with all weapons held at -1 penalty after first 1 roll. Or may Full Attack. May wield larger weapons at additional hand cost. Weapons threaten adjacent squares.

• Can perform Far Trick-break door/bullrush, disarm, and trip. No penalties for range.

• Can see full TK range with blindsight. Indefinite at 0 hands.

• Can fly 120ft speed. Indefinite with 1 hand.

• Can take an AoO anywhere within TK range as though you threatened. Can use Force Blast and Far Trick to do so.

• Can affect incorporeal creatures/objects with TK wielded objects.

• All abilities become EX

Number of hands needed to maintain utility vs. combat 5-8. Potential issue for multiple walls and Force Blasts. MANY more hands needed to make good use of Greater TK Fighting.

While doing the math I found another question. Can you use multiple hands during Force Blast? I.e. can you fling multiple giant rocks at people? Are the hands free to use after the blast or are they tied up for the round?

So hands are mostly ok...kinda. Really limited when trying to do multiple things at once. Would have to sacrifice mobilty/sight to maintain multiple walls or wield more weapons, or fling more things.
    Suggestion: Have the capstone ability double number of hands granted by the class? Then you would see some, appropriately, scary level 20 Telekineticists. Pure TK users would be a force for sure.

Look Ma, more hands!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (General)
    Benefit: For some reason, you have more hands than others Telekineticists, maybe you're just greedy like that...
    You have extra hands equal to 1+1/5 HD in addition to the number listed on the Telekineticist class table.
    Special: This feat may only be taken on your 1st character level.
    Careful with that saying HD instead of class levels. Low LA high HD creatures could then take this and be phenomenal at TK where the pure guy isn't. I would say have it be class levels.

Hmm. 5 extra hands for a feat. Seems useful. Is there any reason right now where a TK wouldn't take this? And can it be taken multiple times? You can get more than 1 feat at first level.
    Last edited by DerTollUdo; 2012-02-10 at 02:18 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

The re-write of focused shield looks pretty good actually, I feel it's slightly more balanced to the rest of the class, and gives weight to the credo 'The best offence is a good defence'. We'll see what bob thinks!

Yeah, the maths on the hands is back to where it was when I first saw this, give or take a hand. I don't think there's an issue with them being stretched, how many classes do you know which can use all their class features simultaneously? As I said before, limiting the hands is the only reasonable way of limiting the actions/round ratio for these guys.

The feat should be TK class levels yes, I had already thought about that but forgot to edit! A Pure TK would not need the feat, a multiclassing TK would probably not find it essential since they'd not have the same dependency on them and they wouldn't be able to take it at all unless their first level was TK (in which case why bother multiclassing in the first place?!), so really it's an option for a standard, single class TK who wants more options. It scales nicely I think, but I wouldn't allow it to be taken multiple times, no. It's a big fat bonus to a class' core mechanic, see it like DragonWrought, or any of the Sorceror level 1 only feats, you either start your character with it, or you don't have it at all.

World Warper

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

The re-write of focused shield looks pretty good actually, I feel it's slightly more balanced to the rest of the class, and gives weight to the credo 'The best offence is a good defence'. We'll see what bob thinks!
    I like it more too. It really lets you choose whether you just want a wall or if you want a wall that discourages people from going through it. Thanks.

Yeah, the maths on the hands is back to where it was when I first saw this, give or take a hand. I don't think there's an issue with them being stretched, how many classes do you know which can use all their class features simultaneously? As I said before, limiting the hands is the only reasonable way of limiting the actions/round ratio for these guys.
    The stretched part wasn't so much of can they use all of their abilities at one time as what I would consider someone of that level able to do with their class.

My math logic was basically this:

Once I can fly, I don't want to give up that mobility in or out of combat, but might sometimes toggle the indefinite part. Thus fly is basically always on.

When I can wield a weapon very far away, why shouldn't I? It gives AoO at its location and I can interrupt casters without focusing on them too highly. Still need to figure out how fast the weapons can move on any given round. Thus At least one weapon is always up, although having more up would mean I can cover more area. Just because I can only attack with one for a while doesn't mean I can't hold a sword to every bad guy for the threatened part.

Wasn't sure if the hands for Far Trick, Force Blast, and Disrupting Throw are only occupied at the time of their use or if they are occupied for the round till your next action. This needs clarification. I tended to keep one hand 'free' for purposes of say carrying some object with you, Disrupting Throw later, spontaneous need of blindsight next round, or some other unforseen need. That is why the numbers range and are not flat. Low end sacrifices the "just in case" hands, while the high ends were "if I had hands to do this, would I?"

I assumed that once you got blindsight to just needing a hand to maintain, you would. I mean, who wants to get jumped by ninjas?

Once you had walls, I assumed you always had one up in every combat, as I see no reason not to have one up. Although I never calculated them at the 2 hand improved damage method. That's why those levels all have the higher range to account for that and/or more walls.

But with all these maintaining things, you would have to stop all those, grab 7 swords, and then fling them all at one dude to make Greater TK Fighting close to useful. As currently figured, I only have the level 16-20 guy holding two swords assuming TWF...so really without more hands, that ability becomes...pretty to look at but not really used.

My suggestion was that at 20, the final ability replace it's last line that makes each hand count for double for purposes of manual dexterity with Mental Strength, with one that reads "The amount of hands granted from this class double." Then at level 20 he really becomes the master of TK. He wouldn't really need all those hands all the time, but it would make it possible to wall off the enemies, make it hurt, have enough weapons in the air to be terrifying, and still carry the party/enemies around the field.

Just remembered, I at no point factored carrying an enemy...

The feat should be TK class levels yes, I had already thought about that but forgot to edit! A Pure TK would not need the feat, a multiclassing TK would probably not find it essential since they'd not have the same dependency on them and they wouldn't be able to take it at all unless their first level was TK (in which case why bother multiclassing in the first place?!), so really it's an option for a standard, single class TK who wants more options. It scales nicely I think, but I wouldn't allow it to be taken multiple times, no. It's a big fat bonus to a class' core mechanic, see it like DragonWrought, or any of the Sorceror level 1 only feats, you either start your character with it, or you don't have it at all.
    Pure TK wouldn't need if the bump was made to 2 hands/level, agreed. But without it, I would still be tempted to take it.
    A multiclass one would find it useful sometimes, an extra hand means alot when you only have 1 otherwise (assuming low level).
    Yeah this is definitely a class I see every level being useful.
    But as it stands, I would take this feat, basically everytime I played a normal OR Unarmed TK. I realize we haven't really looked at that ACF much, but that is one I would seriously consider...
    If only takeable once, it should say so, just to avoid any misconceptions.

Still need clarification about how many hands can be applied to one instance of force blast...i.e. I take my standard action, and fling 7 heavy rocks at you! (Potentially at level 20) Take 280d6! Also, is there a minimum of how far the rock must fly? Or can it be launched point blank for all potential damage?

11. - Top - End - #71

The stretched part wasn't so much of can they use all of their abilities at one time as what I would consider someone of that level able to do with their class.

My math logic was basically this....
    OK, that all checks out actually, so I have a suggestion (yes, another one!) for the hands. Put this at the top of the abilities section, right after Telekinesis:

Hands:(Su)
    The Telekineticist has a limited number of hands equal to the number listed on the above table plus your Constitution bonus (so a level 1 Telekineticist with 15 Constitution would have 3 hands). Any hand which is used for a non-sustained ability is considered used until the start of your next turn.

This should negate the need for the changes you mentioned here:
    My suggestion was that at 20, the final ability replace it's last line that makes each hand count for double for purposes of manual dexterity with Mental Strength, with one that reads "The amount of hands granted from this class double." Then at level 20 he really becomes the master of TK. He wouldn't really need all those hands all the time, but it would make it possible to wall off the enemies, make it hurt, have enough weapons in the air to be terrifying, and still carry the party/enemies around the field.
    Should give you enough hands to do everything, but still have to think about it a fair bit. The feat I presented would thusly become less vital but still just as nice, and speaking of that feat...
    If only takeable once, it should say so, just to avoid any misconceptions.
    Benefit: For some reason, you have more hands than other Telekineticists, maybe you're just greedy like that...
    You have extra hands equal to 1/5 Telekineticist levels (minimum of 1) in addition to the number listed on the Telekineticist class table.
    Special: This feat may only be taken once and only at 1st character level.

I think that's better...

Still need clarification about how many hands can be applied to one instance of force blast...i.e. I take my standard action, and fling 7 heavy rocks at you! (Potentially at level 20) Take 280d6! Also, is there a minimum of how far the rock must fly? Or can it be launched point blank for all potential damage?
    So perhaps an amendment to Force Blast replacing these bits...
    As a standard action, the Telekineticist can launch an object within his telekinesis range, weighing no more than 25lb/level. The object travels up to 10ft/level and this movement may take it outside of your telekinesis range. The Telekineticist makes a standard ranged attack with the object, which deals bludgeoning or piercing damage...

...You may also focus this power as a blast of pure force. Doing so requires a standard ranged attack which deals 1d4/2 class levels force damage to one target within your telekinesis range. The target gets a fortitude save for half damage (this affects objects).
    ...with something like...

As a standard action, the Telekineticist can launch a number of objects within his telekinesis range equal to the number of available hands he wishes to use. Each object may weigh no more than 25lb/level. The object/s travel up to 10ft/level and this movement may take it outside of your telekinesis range. The Telekineticist makes a single standard ranged attack (in the case of multiple targets, this result is applied to each target seperately), with a -2 penalty for each object thrown beyond the first, which deals bludgeoning or piercing damage...

You may also focus this power as blasts of pure force. Doing so works just like throwing object/s, except it requires no projectile, deals 1D4/2 class levels force damage and only functions within your telekinesis range. The target gets a fortitude save for half damage (this affects objects).

I think that covers everything, hehehe!

World Warper

12. - Top - End - #72

1. If hands become listed bonus + con mod, then the Pure TK would be fine with 1/level, instead of bumping it to 2. I think it also fills in the blank with the maths so hopefully utility and combat can happen at the same time without you sucking!

2. Force Blast still has the attack roll AND save issue, so perhaps make it a save vs. nausea instead? Your insides are being forcefully re-arranged, I imagine you'd feel a little ill...

Thinking on what you said about etheral/incorporeal etc with the walls. I smell another feat coming...

World Warper

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

OK, that all checks out actually, so I have a suggestion (yes, another one!) for the hands. Put this at the top of the abilities section, right after Telekinesis:

Hands:(Su)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Telekineticist has a limited number of hands equal to the number listed on the above table plus your Constitution bonus (so a level 1 Telekineticist with 15 Constitution would have 3 hands). Any hand which is used for a non-sustained ability is considered used until the start of your next turn.
    I like that modification. It adds the ability to be very versatile without suffering for trying to do. I would say actually that this should be placed first in the class as it is the fundamental mechanic of the class. I also have been talking with some friends about this class and they have been poking some holes in it that I will address later...

This should negate the need for the changes you mentioned here:
    Yeah it should...although the ability would still be really cool to get :P since that last line of the ability is something I would probably never really pay attention to...

Spoiler
    Show

You have extra hands equal to 1/5 Telekineticist levels (minimum of 1) in addition to the number listed on The Telekineticist class table.
    Special: This feat may only be taken once and only at 1st character level.

Much better.

So perhaps an amendment to Force Blast
    You know, with all the changes proposed, I feel like rewording most of the earlier abilities. They have a lot of redundancy and misleading text. Perhaps I will undertake that later.

1. If hands become listed bonus + con mod, then the Pure TK would be fine with 1/level, instead of bumping it to 2. I think it also fills in the blank with the maths so hopefully utility and combat can happen at the same time without you sucking!
    Agreed.

2. Force Blast still has the attack roll AND save issue, so perhaps make it a save vs. nausea instead? Your insides are being forcefully re-arranged, I imagine you'd feel a little ill...
    I still feel like it should be a touch attack roll...why does the fighters plate mail stop you from wiggling his spline with your mind?
    Oh and he said he was going to probably a secondary effect for the save. I say nausea or staggered are good.

Thinking on what you said about etheral/incorporeal etc with the walls. I smell another feat coming...
    Well, another thing that was pointed out to me was that the class doesn't get ghost touch until 17. About 5 levels past being needed. So if we want that ability to stay there it should be stronger...perhaps if we made it so that all class abilities freely affected incorporeal/ethereal or all coterminous planes at that point it would be worth it?

Things pointed out: Does moving enemies with Mental Strength provoke AoOs? If not why not use it on our self and never provoke? Any of these class abilities provoke? Can we pick 2-3 class abilities and stick with them for all features? Why doesn't Cha replace all scores for TK since the spell does? For the TK fighting: since it is already done for the flight, can the number of rounds it can be sustained be bumped to stat SCORE rounds instead of mods when it gets higher? OR better yet, remove the duration as long as they weigh less then the casual load. Can hands use bows?

That's all I remember for now. If I remember more I'll post.

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by DerTollUdo View Post
    I would say actually that this should be placed first in the class as it is the fundamental mechanic of the class.
    Makes sense I guess, there's not been a section explaining hands directly and that seemed wrong to me.

You know, with all the changes proposed, I feel like rewording most of the earlier abilities. They have a lot of redundancy and misleading text. Perhaps I will undertake that later.
    Aye, that does seem to have become necessary now. Best to fix/rework the bits which need sorting, then compile once it's ready I think.

I still feel like it should be a touch attack roll...why does the fighters plate mail stop you from wiggling his spline with your mind?
    Oh and he said he was going to probably a secondary effect for the save. I say nausea or staggered are good.
    Ranged touch attack eh? I guess you're right actually, a standard ranged attack makes little sense.

Well, another thing that was pointed out to me was that the class doesn't get ghost touch until 17. About 5 levels past being needed. So if we want that ability to stay there it should be stronger...perhaps if we made it so that all class abilities freely affected incorporeal/ethereal or all coterminous planes at that point it would be worth it?
    Then put ghost touch to level 12 and give it a boost at 17th to affect all coterminous planes. Job done!

Things pointed out: Does moving enemies with Mental Strength provoke AoOs? If not why not use it on our self and never provoke? Any of these class abilities provoke? Can we pick 2-3 class abilities and stick with them for all features? Why doesn't Cha replace all scores for TK since the spell does? For the TK fighting: since it is already done for the flight, can the number of rounds it can be sustained be bumped to stat SCORE rounds instead of mods when it gets higher? OR better yet, remove the duration as long as they weigh less then the casual load. Can hands use bows?
    Yes, it should provoke.
    That needs some clarification, but they're all (Su) until 20th so follow as per SRD I guess.
    Possibly, need to condense for the rewrite first.
    Perhaps that would be better, shifting away from Int so it's a 3 stat class makes the MAD a little more reasonable. Also cuts down on the Telekinesis description.
    Might make sense, we should check out the math again before that though!
    If the load is negligable then it shouldn't have a duration at higher levels perhaps.
    No, too fiddly and near impossible to aim. They can throw a fair distance already, what more do you want?!
    Last edited by Veklim; 2012-02-13 at 06:50 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show

This is in need of PEACH. Just skip past the old comments.

Special thanks to VEKLIM for editing. It was a lot messier before.
    Really, first time I got an editor, and the class is better for it...

So, I have tried to make blasters. They have all been kinda busy, and introduce too many new concepts. So going to try a different tact, something in line with an invoker.

The Telekineticist. A rather long name but oh well.

When the psionic talent begins to surface, they show odd signs. Some of these show it through the sudden movement of objects. Flying plates and tables mark a developing psion, yet some never grow out of it. These psions grow in power, standing up to psions in their own right as masters of psionic power.

Characteristics: The Telekineticist relies on its mind to create force affects. This can range from throwing a mass at a foe, throwing a foe, fighting with a weapon held with his mind, even to full power flight!

Alignment: The Telekineticist can be of any alignment. The power of the mind bares no alignment above others.

Religion: The Telekineticist favors gods of battle and psionics.

Races: Humans are drawn to this class like any other. Small races also enjoy this class, as it lets them use brains in place of brawn. Any mining race tends to have many Telekineticists since they aid in the mining process. All psionic races tend to favor this class like any other psionic class.

Other Classes: Martial classes tend to dislike The Telekineticist, as they seem too magical to be true martial. Magical classes enjoy The Telekineticist, as they seem to merely be imitating their own power.

Role: Can take on the role of a secondary tank, or perhaps stealth. But this class shines at battle field control. With numerous abilities for punishing foes unwilling to move as he wishes, and the ability to physically move foes into a formation of his choice, he can add some useful utility outside of combat while performing numerous tricks at a distance.

Game Rule Information:
    Abilities:Charisma is very important, as it is the strength of The Telekineticist. Wisdom and Constitution allow The Telekineticist to maintain effects longer, and the Constitution helps The Telekineticist stay alive.

Alignment: Any

Hit Die: d8

The Telekineticist
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+1|+0|+0|+2| Telekinetic Hands, Mental Strength, Force Blast, Wild Talent

2nd|+2|+0|+0|+3| Telekinetic Fighting: Least

3rd|+3|+1|+1|+3|Telekinetic Reach

4th|+4|+1|+1|+4| Far Trick

5th|+5|+1|+1|+4| Martial Skill

6th|+6/+1|+2|+2|+5| Telekinetic Fighting: Lesser

7th|+7/+2|+2|+2|+5| Telekinetic Flight

8th|+8/+3|+2|+2|+6| Far Trick

9th|+9/+4|+3|+3|+6| Martial Skill, Focused Shield

10th|+10/+5|+3|+3|+7| Telekinetic Flight: Improved

11th|+11/+6/+1|+3|+3|+7| Telekinetic Fighting: Improved

12th|+12/+7/+2|+4|+4|+8| Far Trick, Ghostly Hand

13th|+13/+8/+3|+4|+4|+8| Telekinetic Flight: Greater

14th|+14/+9/+4|+4|+4|+9| Martial Skill

15th|+15/+10/+5|+5|+5|+9| Disrupting Throw

16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+5|+5|+10| Far Trick, Telekinetic Fighting: Greater

17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+5|+5|+10| Ghostly Hand

18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+6|+6|+11|

19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+6|+6|+11| Martial Skill

20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+6|+6|+12| Master Of The Unseen Hand
    [/table]

Class Skills

The Telekineticist's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are; Auto Hypnosis(Con), Balance(Dex), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Escape artist(Dex), Knowledge (Psionics)(Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Slight of hand(Dex), Tumble(Dex), Use Psionic Device(Cha), and Psicraft (Int).

Skill Points at First Level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Proficiencies: A Telekineticist is proficient with all Simple weapons and one martial melee weapon of their choice. They are also proficient with light and medium armor, and all shields.

Telekinetic Hands(SU): The Telekineticist has limited capability with his power. This capability is known as Telekinetic Hands, or just Hands. The Telekineticist has a number of Hands equal to 1/3 class levels (minimum of 1) plus your Constitution modifier. These Hands have a range equal to 10ft/ class level.

If an ability that uses Hands requires a save, it has a DC of 10 + 1/2 class levels + charisma modifier. If they require a physical ability score (such as an opposed strength checks for a trip attempt), use the Charisma modifier instead. To use his Hands he must be psionically focused, although he does not expend his focus by doing so.

Any hand which is used for a non-sustained ability is considered used until the start of your next turn, and any hand used for a sustained ability is considered used until the ability is released.

Mental Strength(SU): The Telekineticist can move an object with his mind, or perform some act of manual dexterity at any distance within the range of his Hands a standard action. He may move up to 50lb/level at a rate of 30' per action, objects up to 100lb/level at a rate of 20' per action with one Hand or 30' with two Hands, and objects up to 150lb/level at a rate of 10' per action with one Hand, 20' with two Hands or 30' with three Hands. These movements are not limited in direction, but do have a limited duration. The Telekineticist can maintain pressure for up to wisdom modifier rounds, after that the object drops to the ground and the Telekineticist is fatigued for 1d4 rounds.

Creatures may be moved in this way, but they get a will save to negate the effects. Any movement from this ability provokes attacks of opportunity as normal. The Telekineticist may not use this ability on himself.

Objects weighing 25lb + 25lb/3 levels may be maintained without limit with one Hand. For two Hands, this becomes 25lb + 25lb/2 levels instead, and for three Hands this limit becomes 25lb + 25lb/level.

The Telekineticist can also perform a feat of manual dexterity anywhere within the maximum range of his powers. This manipulation is limited by the number of hands used. If you wish to do something which would require two physical hands to achieve (like tie a knot in some rope), then you must use at least 2 hands.

Force Blast(SU):As a standard action, the Telekineticist can launch a number of objects within the range of his Hands equal to the number of Hands he wishes to use. Each object may weigh no more than 25lb/level. The object(s) travel up to 10ft/level and this movement may take it outside of the Hands range.

The Telekineticist makes a single standard ranged attack (in the case of multiple targets, this result is applied to each target separately), with a -2 penalty for each object thrown beyond the first, which deals bludgeoning or piercing damage (DM's choice) depending on it's weight up to 1d6/25lb. Regardless of the item launched, you do not take a non-proficiency penalty for this attack. Weapons launched with this power deal bludgeoing damage according to their weight unless you are proficient with them, at which point you may deal normal weapon damage (and damage type) instead. The object or weapon deals an additional +1d6 damage for each 10ft of movement it had did not move when it stops.

You may also focus this ability in an attempt to rip the target apart from the inside. The Telekineticist makes a single standard ranged touch attack (in the case of multiple targets, this result is applied to each target separately), with a -2 penalty for each blast after the first. deals 1D4/2 class levels force damage and Nauseates. This ability only functions within the range of your Hands. The target gets a fortitude save to avoid being Nauseated. This ability effects objects.

Wild Talent: You gain the feat Wild Talent as a bonus feat.

Telekinetic Fighting(SU):

Least:
    At 2nd level The Telekineticist may use Hands to wield weapons he is proficient with and fight within the range of his Hands. Any weapon wielded in this fashion may be moved up to 30ft in a round as a free action.

As a standard action, you may make a single melee attack with this weapon, using Charisma instead of Strength for the to hit and damage rolls. You only threaten squares within your physical reach, if the weapon is beyond this range it does not threaten on it's own. A two-handed weapon requires two Hands to use. Any weapon(s) held by your Hands may have additional Hands added to it, each increasing the damage by 1/2 charisma modifier.

The Telekineticist suffers -2 to hit and a -1 to damage for every 10ft increment between the weapon and The Telekineticist, to a maximum of the range of his Hands. He may maintain this effect for a number of rounds equal to his constitution modifier per encounter.

Lesser:
    At 6th level you may make a full attack with the weapon(s) you are wielding with Telekinetic Fighting. You may not make more attacks than you could with a single weapon, even if you have the Two Weapon Fighting or Multi-Attack feats, but you may spread your iterative attacks between weapons at no penalty, although the range penalty still applies. You may now hold a light or heavy shield with one Hand or a tower shield in two Hands.

The duration you may maintain this effect is increased to you Constitution Score.

Improved:
    You may now make as many attacks as you are capable of, including Two Weapon Fighting or Multi-Attack. You may wield a weapon of a larger size category than you normally could for your size. For every size category larger than normal, the weapon requires an additional Hand to wield, these Hands do not add extra damage, but you may add further Hands to do so.

The duration you may maintain this effect is removed.

Greater:
    At 16th level you no longer take the -2 to hit and -1 to damage for every 10ft between you and your weapon, but you are still limited to the range of your Hands. Also, as a standard action you may attack once with each weapon weilded by your Telekinetic Fighting. This is done with a single attack roll at your highest attack bonus, but takes a penalty to hit equal to the number of weapons being weilded -1.

Telekinetic Reach(SU): At third level, any weapon you are wielding with your Telekinetic Fighting threatens adjacent squares as normal for a weapon of it's type. If the weapon has the reach quality then calculate accordingly.

Far Trick(SU):Starting at 4th lvl when your powers start to mature, you gain the ability to make specific types of attacks within the range of your Hands. These work as normal except Charisma is used instead of any physical score, and your size bonus (or penalty) does not apply to these checks.

Each ability receives a penalty of -1/10ft away from the target you are. Each ability requires one hand to activate.

At 4th level you may attempt to break down a door or bullrush an opponent.

At 8th level you may attempt disarm attempts against foes. The penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/20ft.

At 12th level you may attempt trip attempts against foes. The penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/20ft, and the penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/40ft.

At 16th level you may attempt to grapple foes. The penalty for tripping is reduced to -1/20ft, the penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/40ft, and the penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/80ft.

Minds eye(SU): At 5th level, as a full round action you may gain blind sight out to half your telekinesis range until the start of your next turn. You must be psionically focused to do this.

At 10th level this increases to full telekinesis range.

At 15th level you may maintain this ability indefinitely with one hand.

At 20th level this ability is always active (even when you are not psionically focused).

Martial Skill (EX): You may not be a fighter, but you understand weapons of war.

At 5th level you gain two additional martial weapon proficiencies of your choice.

At 9th level you gain two more additional martial weapon proficiencies of your choice.

At 14th level you gain one additional martial weapon proficiency and one additional exotic weapon proficiency of your choice.

At 19th level you gain two additional exotic weapon proficiencies of your choice.

Telekinetic Flight(SU): You have finally mastered moving yourself using your Hands. One Hand is used to initiate and sustain flight. If you reach the duration of the ability, you become fatigued for 1d4 rounds.

At 7th level, you may fly at a speed of 30ft with perfect maneuverability for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier. You may keep this flight up indefinitely by using two additional hands.

At 11th level, your fly speed increases to 40ft and you may stay aloft for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom score. You only need one hand to keep this up indefinitely.

At 13th level, your fly speed increases to 60ft and may be used without limit.

Focused Shield(SU):At 9th level you may create a barrier with your Telekinesis as a move action. Any unattended objects or projectiles (including spells which require an attack roll) are instantly stopped and cannot pass through. If a creature attempts to pass through, it suffers an immediate bullrush attack upon contact with the barrier, as if the barrier were a gargantuan creature with a Strength score equal to your Wisdom score. If the barrier wins the opposed check, the creature is pushed back 5ft (but no more, since the barrier cannot move from the squares it has been placed in). If the creature wins, it forces it's way through the barrier, causing it to disperse.

In either case the creature takes force damage equal to 1D6 +1/ class level. The barrier is a 10ft pane, positioned as you please within Telekinesis range and requires 1 Hand to maintain. You may maintain multiple barriers at once, so long as you have enough hands to create them.

You may invest 1 more Hand to increase the damage dealt to 1D6/ class level

Ghostly Hand(SU): At 12th level, your abilities become capable of affecting ethereal objects and enemies. Objects thrown using Force Blast must be ethereal to do so, but weapons wielded using Telekinetic Fighting are treated as being both corporeal and ethereal from now on.

At 17th level all your abilities can effect coterminous planes.

Disrupting Throw(SU): At 15th level, as an immediate action, you may attempt an attack of opportunity against any opponent up to 5ft/class level away. They must have just taken an action which would provoke an attack of opportunity were you adjacent to them, but you need not be threatening the opponent. You may use your Force Blast ability, or any of the abilities you know through Far Trick. This counts towards your attacks of opportunity for the round.

Master Of The Far Hand(EX): At 20th level, you have reached the pinnacle of your mental power. Reality becomes an illusion which you can bend like putty, and many of your abilities are enhanced as follows:

All your Telekinesis dependent abilities are now considered Extraordinary.

Your Disrupting Throw becomes a free action, still taking up an attack of opportunity per use. It may also be used anywhere within your Telekinesis range.

Your flight speed increases to 120ft.

You no longer take range penalties to your far tricks.

You count as using twice as many hands as you devote to Mental Strength for performing acts of manual dexterity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACFs

Pure Telekineticist.
    Spoiler
    Show

Replaces: Martial Skill, Telekinetic Fighting, Martial Weapon Proficiency, and Telekinetic Reach.

Benefit:You have as many 'hands' as you have levels. The range of your telekinesis increases to 20ft/level.

Unarmed Telekineticist
    Spoiler
    Show

Replaces: Martial Skill, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Medium Armor Proficiency.

Benefit: You may generate weapons of pure force. These deal damage equal to the number of 'hands' invested in them times 1d6 force damage.
    They get the Telekineticist's charisma modifier * .5 * the number of hands invested + 1 to damage. These are treated as weapons the Telekineticist is proficient with for all purposes.

Magic Items
    Miniature Boulder:
    This item is very useful to a Telekineticist. It has the dimensions of a marble, and weighs much the same.
    As a move action (or free action with the quick draw feat) the marble can be activated. After its activation, the marble can be made to weigh up to 500lb, always growing to a foot diameter sphere. another move action can reduce it back down to marble size.

Ok, This is my rework of the class.
    I do not mean to step on your toes Bob. I am simply making some suggestions. This is mostly for clarification and balance. This is your brainchild, we are just checking on it while you are away :)
    This includes our suggestions. PEACH welcome :)

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

And that, that is why I brew on GITPG.

I have read the discution, but I won't be able to properly respond for a bit(as in maybe wensday ish, looking tword Friday.

But still muchos gracias for the PEACH and discution.

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

17. - Top - End - #77

Sweetness, let's just tidy up the last few loose strands, I'll put suggested edits in bold.
    Telekinetic Hands(SU):
    *snip*

All looks good to me, certainly makes this a simpler class to read through now.

Mental Strength(SU): The Telekineticist can move an object with his mind, or perform some act of manual dexterity at any distance within the range of his Hands as a standard action. He may move up to 50lb/level at a rate of 30' per action, objects up to 100lb/level at a rate of 20' per action with one Hand or 30' with two Hands, and objects up to 150lb/level at a rate of 10' per action with one Hand, 20' with two Hands or 30' with three Hands. These movements are not limited in direction, but do have a limited duration. The Telekineticist can maintain pressure for up to wisdom modifier rounds, after that the object drops to the ground and the Telekineticist is fatigued for 1d4 rounds. You may not initiate this ability if you are fatigued.
    *snip*

The Telekineticist can also perform a feat of manual dexterity anywhere within the maximum range of his powers. This manipulation is limited by the number of hands used. If you wish to do something which would require two physical hands to achieve (like tie a knot in some rope), then you must use at least 2 hands. No additional effect is had by using more Hands than necessary for any given action.

Force Blast(SU):As a standard action, the Telekineticist can launch a number of objects within the range of his Hands equal to the number of Hands he wishes to use. Each object may weigh no more than 25lb/level, and requires the use of a single Hand/object. The object(s) travel up to 10ft/level and this movement may take it outside of the Hands range.

The Telekineticist makes a single standard ranged attack (in the case of multiple targets, this result is applied to each target separately), with a -2 penalty for each object thrown beyond the first,. Each object which deals bludgeoning or piercing damage (DM's choice) depending on it's weight up to 1d6/25lb. Regardless of the item launched, you do not take a non-proficiency penalty for this attack. Weapons launched with this power deal bludgeoing damage according to their weight unless you are proficient with them, at which point you may deal normal weapon damage (and damage type) instead. The object or weapon deals an additional +1d6 damage for each full 10ft of movement it had did not moveremaining when it stopshits. The critical threat of weapons used this way is always 20/x2, only one roll need be made to confirm all attacks made with a single use of Force Blast. Any enchantments or abilities the weapon/s may have are applied individually, except the keen enchantment, or any similar ability involving critical threat ranges. A flaming burst weapon would always consider it's threat range as 20/x2.

You may also focus this ability in an attempt to rip the target apart from the inside. The Telekineticist makes a single standard ranged touch attack (in the case of multiple targets, this result is applied to each target separately), with a -2 penalty for each blast after the first. This attack deals 1D4/2 class levels force damage and Nauseatesthe target must succeed on a fortitude save or be nauseated for 1D4 rounds. This ability only functions within the range of your Hands. The target gets a fortitude save to avoid being Nauseated. This ability effects objects.
    *snip*

Least:
    At 2nd level The Telekineticist may use Hands to wield weapons he is proficient with and fight within the range of his Hands. Any weapon wielded in this fashion may be moved up to 30ft in a round as a free action.

As a standard action, you may make a single melee attack with this one such weapon, using Charisma instead of Strength for the to hit and damage rolls. You only threaten squares within your physical reach, if the weapon is beyond this range it does not threaten on it's own. A one-handed or smaller weapon requires one Hand and a two-handed weapon requires two Hands to use. Any weapon(s) held by your Hands may have additional Hands added to it, each increasing the damage by 1/2 charisma modifier.
    *snip*

Lesser:
    At 6th level you may make a full attack with the weapon(s) you are wielding with Telekinetic Fighting. You may not make more attacks than you could with a single weapon, even if you have the Two Weapon Fighting or Multi-Attack feats, but you may spread your iterative attacks between weapons at no penalty, although the range penalty still applies. You may now hold a light or heavy shield with one Hand or a tower shield in two Hands. Such a shield may occupy any square including your own or those of your allies (but not an enemy's) and confers on anyone in that square the shield's AC bonus as a shield bonus to their own AC.
    *snip*

Greater:
    At 16th level you no longer take the -2 to hit and -1 to damage for every 10ft between you and your weapon, but you are still limited to the range of your Hands. Also, as a standardfull round action you may attack once with each weapon weilded by your Telekinetic Fighting. This is done with a single attack roll at your highest attack bonus, but takes a penalty to hit equal to the number of weapons being weilded -1.

Telekinetic Reach(SU): At third level, any weapon you are wielding with your Telekinetic Fighting threatens adjacent squares as normal for a weapon of it's type. If the weapon has the reach quality then calculate accordingly.

Far Trick(SU):Starting at 4th lvl when your powers start to mature, you gain the ability to make specific types of attacks within the range of your Hands. These work as normal except Charisma is used instead of any physical score, and your size bonus (or penalty) does not apply to these checks.

Each ability initially receives a penalty of -1/10ft away from the target you are. Each ability requires one hand to activate.
    *snip*

Minds eye(SU): At 5th level, as a full round action you may gain blind sight out to half your telekinesis range until the startend of your next turn. You must be psionically focused to do this.

At 20th level this ability no longer requires a Hand to maintain and is always active (even when you are not psionically focused).
    *snip*

Telekinetic Flight(SU): You have finally mastered moving yourself using your Hands. One Hand is usedrequired to initiate and sustain flight. If you reach the duration of the ability, you immediately descend directly downwards at a rate equal to the fly speed (taking falling damage if you fail to reach solid ground in this distance) and become fatigued for 1d4 rounds. You may not initiate this ability if you are fatigued

At 7th level, you may fly at a speed of 30ft with perfect maneuverability for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier. You may keep this flight up indefinitely by using two additionalthree Hands.

At 11th level, your fly speed increases to 40ft and you may stay aloft for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom score. You only need one handtwo Hands to keep this up indefinitely.

At 13th level, your fly speed increases to 60ft and may be used without limitsustained indefinitely with only one Hand.

Focused Shield(SU):At 9th level you may create a barrier with your TelekinesisHands as a move action. Any unattended objects or projectiles (including spells which require an attack roll) are instantly stopped and cannot pass through. If a creature attempts to pass through, it suffers an immediate bullrush attack upon contact with the barrier, as if the barrier were a gargantuan creature with a Strength score equal to your WisdomCharisma score. If the barrier wins the opposed check, the creature is pushed back 5ft (but no more, since the barrier cannot move from the squares it has been placed in). If the creature wins, it forces it's way through the barrier, causing it to disperse.

In either case the creature takes force damage equal to 1D6 +1/ class level. The barrier is a 10ft pane, positioned as you please within Telekinesis range and requires 1 Hand to maintain. You may create and maintain multiple barriers at once, any number of barriers may be set as part of the same move action so long as you have enough hands free to create them.

You may invest 1 more Hand per barrier to increase the damage dealt by that barrier to 1D6/ class level

Much better now, figured it should run off Charisma to bring it in line with Far Trick.

[B]Ghostly Hand(SU):
    *snip*
    At 17th level all your abilities can effect creatures and objects from any coterminous planes.

Just to clarify!
    *snip*
    Last edited by Veklim; 2012-02-13 at 06:59 PM.

World Warper

18. - Top - End - #78

Oh, Bob, you might wanna give DerTollUdo an edit credit as well, since he's done a lot in the last few days!

On a related note, perhaps we should hire ourselves out as editors?!

Also, since I noticed the critical problem on Force Blast, I thought about this to compensate for the flatline tweak I made to that ability.

Critical Thinking:(Ex)
    At 18th level, when using Force Blast to throw weapons, the Telekineticist may use the critical threat range and multiplier (as well as any critical related enchantments) of each individual weapon he is proficient with instead of a flatline 20/x2 (weapons with which he is not proficient remain at 20/x2). Each weapon is checked for a critical threat on the attack roll seperately. Roll once to confirm, and apply this roll to each weapon which threatened to determine your criticals.
    Last edited by Veklim; 2012-02-13 at 07:11 PM.

World Warper

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

I'll add those in later. Good catches :)

But for Greater TK fighting, I liked the standard action bombard. Its one attack roll with penalties per weapon. I would rarely chose to do it unless I had a truly absurd amount of weapons if it became full attack action. I don't think it's too powerful as standard. But instead feel it is just enough...

As for Critical thinking, I like it. I suggest have it be multiple stages.

First is at level 3 where weapons wielded in TK fighting get their crit range (add a line in TK Fighting that says they don't get it at first maybe).

Then at 11 weapons wielded get the bonus of being treated as though you had Improved Critical, you do not get the feat and the effects do not stack with other sources of critical range improvement (or however that is worded).

Finally at 18 all weapons wielded with TK Hands, weather for TK Fighting, Force Blast, or any other ability get their threat range and are treated as though you had Improved Critical.

How's that?

20. - Top - End - #80

Hrmmm, with regards to the Greater TK Fighting, you are perhaps right. Leave it as-is for now, it may need a nerf after playtesting though!

As for Critical Thinking, I was only suggesting it to finish fixing the Force Blast problem, I'd leave TK Fighting as it is right now since it looks balanced enough without nerfing it. Force Blast doesn't gain any improvements at all after you first gain it though, hence the new ability to give it a little something extra.

The idea of tweaking/expanding Critical Thinking isn't a bad one though, if we were to pull it back to 11th level we could advance it at 18th like so...
    At 18th level we would have Enhanced Critical Thinking, which gives the Imp.Crit bonus to any and all weapons with which you're proficient used with Force Blast and TK Fighting, and weapons you're not proficient with gain their normal critical threat range for Force Blast use.
    It should work nicely enough I dare say. We don't need to grade it too much because the ability already scales on account of the 'Hand economy' present.

World Warper

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Sounds good to me. I'll do some posting tomorrowish lol. Trying to wait for Bob so he can have a say before we just add abilities you know?

22. - Top - End - #82

Yes indeed! That's always the trouble when it's someone else's brainchild...

World Warper

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show

So, I have tried to make blasters. They have all been kinda busy, and introduce too many new concepts. So going to try a different tact, something in line with an invoker.

When the psionic talent begins to surface, they show odd signs. Some of these show it through the sudden movement of objects. Flying plates and tables mark a developing psion, yet some never grow out of it. These psions grow in power, standing up to psions in their own right as masters of psionic power.

Characteristics: The Telekineticist relies on its mind to create force affects. This can range from throwing a mass at a foe, throwing a foe, fighting with a weapon held with his mind, even to full power flight!

Alignment: The Telekineticist can be of any alignment. The power of the mind bares no alignment above others.

Races: Humans are drawn to this class like any other. Small races also enjoy this class, as it lets them use brains in place of brawn. Any mining race tends to have many Telekineticists since they aid in the mining process. All psionic races tend to favor this class like any other psionic class.

Other Classes: Martial classes tend to dislike The Telekineticist, as they seem too magical to be true martial. Magical classes enjoy The Telekineticist, as they seem to merely be imitating their own power.

Role: Can take on the role of a secondary tank, or perhaps stealth. But this class shines at battle field control. With numerous abilities for punishing foes unwilling to move as he wishes, and the ability to physically move foes into a formation of his choice, he can add some useful utility outside of combat while performing numerous tricks at a distance.

Game Rule Information:
    Abilities:Charisma is very important, as it is the strength of The Telekineticist. Wisdom and Constitution allow The Telekineticist to maintain effects longer, and the Constitution helps The Telekineticist stay alive.

The Telekineticist

11th|+11/+6/+1|+3|+3|+7| Telekinetic Fighting: Improved, Critical Thinking

18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+6|+6|+11| Critical Thinking

[/table]

Class Skills

The Telekineticist's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are; Auto Hypnosis(Con), Balance(Dex), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Escape artist(Dex), Knowledge (Psionics)(Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Slight of hand(Dex), Tumble(Dex), Use Psionic Device(Cha), and Psicraft (Int).

Proficiencies: A Telekineticist is proficient with all Simple weapons and one martial melee weapon of their choice. They are also proficient with light and medium armor, and all shields.

Telekinetic Hands(SU): The Telekineticist has limited capability with his power. This capability is known as Telekinetic Hands, or just Hands. The Telekineticist has a number of Hands equal to 1/3 class levels (minimum of 1) plus your Constitution modifier. These Hands have a range equal to 10ft/ class level.

If an ability that uses Hands requires a save, it has a DC of 10 + 1/2 class levels + charisma modifier. If they require a physical ability score (such as an opposed strength checks for a trip attempt), use the Charisma modifier instead. To use his Hands he must be psionically focused, although he does not expend his focus by doing so.

Any hand which is used for a non-sustained ability is considered used until the start of your next turn, and any hand used for a sustained ability is considered used until the ability is released.

Mental Strength(SU): The Telekineticist can move an object with his mind, or perform some act of manual dexterity at any distance within the range of his Hands as a standard action. He may move up to 50lb/level at a rate of 30' per action, objects up to 100lb/level at a rate of 20' per action with one Hand or 30' with two Hands, and objects up to 150lb/level at a rate of 10' per action with one Hand, 20' with two Hands or 30' with three Hands. These movements are not limited in direction, but do have a limited duration. The Telekineticist can maintain pressure for up to wisdom modifier rounds, after that the object drops to the ground and the Telekineticist is fatigued for 1d4 rounds. You may not initiate this ability if you are fatigued.

Creatures may be moved in this way, but they get a will save to negate the effects. Any movement from this ability provokes attacks of opportunity as normal. The Telekineticist may not use this ability on himself.

Objects weighing 25lb + 25lb/3 levels may be maintained without limit with one Hand. For two Hands, this becomes 25lb + 25lb/2 levels instead, and for three Hands this limit becomes 25lb + 25lb/level.

The Telekineticist can also perform a feat of manual dexterity anywhere within the maximum range of his powers. This manipulation is limited by the number of hands used. If you wish to do something which would require two physical hands to achieve (like tie a knot in some rope), then you must use at least 2 hands. No additional effect is had by using more Hands than necessary for any given action.

Force Blast(SU):As a standard action, the Telekineticist can launch a number of objects within the range of his Hands. Each object may weigh no more than 25lb/level, and requires the use of a single Hand/object. The object(s) travel up to 10ft/level and this movement may take it outside of the Hands range.

The Telekineticist makes a single standard ranged attack (in the case of multiple targets, this result is applied to each target separately), with a -2 penalty for each object thrown beyond the first. Each object deals bludgeoning or piercing damage (DM's choice) depending on it's weight up to 1d6/25lb. Regardless of the item launched, you do not take a non-proficiency penalty for this attack. Weapons launched with this power deal bludgeoning damage according to their weight unless you are proficient with them, at which point you may deal normal weapon damage (and damage type) instead. The object or weapon deals an additional +1d6 damage for each full 10ft of movement it had remaining when it hits. The critical threat of weapons used this way is 20/x2, only one roll need be made to confirm all attacks and criticals made with a single use of Force Blast. Any enchantments or abilities the weapon/s may have are applied individually. The keen enchantment, or any similar ability involving critical threat ranges does not apply. A flaming burst weapon would always consider it's threat range as 20/x2.

You may also focus this ability in an attempt to rip the target apart from the inside. The Telekineticist makes a single standard ranged touch attack (in the case of multiple targets, this result is applied to each target separately), with a -2 penalty for each blast after the first. This attack deals 1D4/2 class levels force damage and the target must succeed on a fortitude save or be nauseated for 1D4 rounds. This ability only functions within the range of your Hands. This ability effects objects.

Least:

As a standard action, you may make a single melee attack with one such weapon, using Charisma instead of Strength for the to hit and damage rolls. You only threaten squares within your physical reach, if the weapon is beyond this range it does not threaten on it's own. A one-handed or smaller weapon requires one Hand and a two-handed weapon requires two Hands to use. Any weapon(s) held by your Hands may have additional Hands added to it, each increasing the damage by 1/2 charisma modifier.

The Telekineticist suffers -2 to hit and a -1 to damage for every 10ft increment between the weapon and The Telekineticist, to a maximum of the range of his Hands. He may maintain this effect for a number of rounds equal to his constitution modifier per encounter.

Lesser:
    At 6th level you may make a full attack with the weapon(s) you are wielding with Telekinetic Fighting. You may not make more attacks than you could with a single weapon, even if you have the Two Weapon Fighting or Multi-Attack feats, but you may spread your iterative attacks between weapons at no penalty, although the range penalty still applies. You may now hold a light or heavy shield with one Hand or a tower shield in two Hands. Such a shield may occupy any square including your own or those of your allies (but not an enemy's) and confers on anyone in that square the shield's AC bonus as a shield bonus to their own AC.

The duration you may maintain this effect is increased to you Constitution Score.

Improved:
    You may now make as many attacks as you are capable of, including Two Weapon Fighting or Multi-Attack. You may wield a weapon of a larger size category than you normally could for your size. For every size category larger than normal, the weapon requires an additional Hand to wield, these Hands do not add extra damage, but you may add further Hands to do so.

Greater:
    At 16th level you no longer take the -2 to hit and -1 to damage for every 10ft between you and your weapon, but you are still limited to the range of your Hands. Also, as a standard action you may attack once with each weapon weilded by your Telekinetic Fighting. This is done with a single attack roll at your highest attack bonus, but takes a penalty to hit equal to the number of weapons being weilded -1.

Each ability initially receives a penalty of -1/10ft away from the target you are. Each ability requires one hand to activate.

At 8th level you may attempt disarm attempts against foes. The penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/20ft.

At 12th level you may attempt trip attempts against foes. The penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/20ft, and the penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/40ft.

At 16th level you may attempt to grapple foes. The penalty for tripping is reduced to -1/20ft, the penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/40ft, and the penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/80ft.

Minds eye(SU): At 5th level, as a full round action you may gain blind sight out to half your telekinesis range until the end of your next turn. You must be psionically focused to do this.

At 20th level this ability no longer requires a Hand to maintain and is always active (even when you are not psionically focused).

Martial Skill (EX): You may not be a fighter, but you understand weapons of war.

At 5th level you gain two additional martial weapon proficiencies of your choice.

At 9th level you gain two more additional martial weapon proficiencies of your choice.

At 14th level you gain one additional martial weapon proficiency and one additional exotic weapon proficiency of your choice.

At 19th level you gain two additional exotic weapon proficiencies of your choice.

Telekinetic Flight(SU): You have finally mastered moving yourself using your Hands. One Hand is required to initiate and sustain flight. If you reach the duration of the ability, you immediately descend directly downwards at a rate equal to the fly speed (taking falling damage if you fail to reach solid ground in this distance) and become fatigued for 1d4 rounds. You may not initiate this ability if you are fatigued

At 7th level, you may fly at a speed of 30ft with perfect maneuverability for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier. You may keep this flight up indefinitely by using three hands.

At 11th level, your fly speed increases to 40ft and you may stay aloft for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom score. You only need two to keep this up indefinitely.

At 13th level, your fly speed increases to 60ft and may be sustained indefinitely with only one Hand.

Focused Shield(SU):At 9th level you may create a barrier with your Hands as a move action. Any unattended objects or projectiles (including spells which require an attack roll) are instantly stopped and cannot pass through. If a creature attempts to pass through, it suffers an immediate bullrush attack upon contact with the barrier, as if the barrier were a gargantuan creature with a Strength score equal to your Charisma score. If the barrier wins the opposed check, the creature is pushed back 5ft (but no more, since the barrier cannot move from the squares it has been placed in). If the creature wins, it forces it's way through the barrier, causing it to disperse.

In either case the creature takes force damage equal to 1D6 +1/ class level. The barrier is a 10ft pane, positioned as you please within Telekinesis range and requires 1 Hand to maintain. You may create and maintain multiple barriers at once, any number of barriers may be set as part of the same move action so long as you have enough hands free to create them.

Critical Thinking(EX): Starting at 11th level, you have learned how to wield a weapon in the most dangerous fashion.

At level 11 weapons used in Force Blast get their normal critical threat range.

At level 18 all weapons wielded with Telekinetic Hands get their normal threat range and are treated as though you had Improved Critical. You do not actually gain the feat, and it does not count for prerequisites. This ability stacks in the same way as the feat.

Ghostly Hand(SU): At 12th level, your abilities become capable of affecting ethereal objects and enemies. Objects thrown using Force Blast must be ethereal to do so, but weapons wielded using Telekinetic Fighting are treated as being both corporeal and ethereal from now on.

At 17th level all your abilities can effect creatures and objects from any coterminous planes.

Disrupting Throw(SU): At 15th level, as an immediate action, you may attempt an attack of opportunity against any opponent up to 5ft/class level away. They must have just taken an action which would provoke an attack of opportunity were you adjacent to them, but you need not be threatening the opponent. You may use your Force Blast ability, or any of the abilities you know through Far Trick. This counts towards your attacks of opportunity for the round.

Master Of The Far Hand(EX): At 20th level, you have reached the pinnacle of your mental power. Reality becomes an illusion which you can bend like putty, and many of your abilities are enhanced as follows:

Your Disrupting Throw becomes a free action, still taking up an attack of opportunity per use. It may also be used anywhere within your Telekinesis range.

You count as using twice as many hands as you devote to Mental Strength for performing acts of manual dexterity.

ACFs

Pure Telekineticist.
    Spoiler
    Show

Replaces: Martial Skill, Telekinetic Fighting, Martial Weapon Proficiency, and Telekinetic Reach.

Benefit:The number of Hands you have is increased to 1 Hand/Class Level. The range of your telekinesis increases to 20ft/level.

Unarmed Telekineticist
    Spoiler
    Show

Benefit: You may generate weapons of pure force. These deal damage equal to 1d6/Hand force damage. They gain a bonus to hit and to damage equal to 1/2*Charisma Modifier*Invested Hands + 1. These are treated as weapons the Telekineticist is proficient with for all purposes. Their critical range is 20/x2.

Magic Items
    Miniature Boulder:
    This item is very useful to a Telekineticist. It has the dimensions of a marble, and weighs much the same.
    As a move action (or free action with the quick draw feat) the marble can be activated. After its activation, the marble can be made to weigh up to 500lb, always growing to a foot diameter sphere. Another move action is required to reduce it back down to marble size.

And round 2 of reworks. How's this look? Some work mysteriously vanished at one point, so I don't know if I got it all replaced lol.

Also did some work to the ACFs. Take a look. Still not sure if Unarmed is ok...

24. - Top - End - #84

Looks good to me, the unarmed ACF is still a bit weird but I'm not sre how to make that simpler honestly. I'll think on it.

You missed only one tiny bit, put in bold here:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Critical Thinking(EX): Starting at 11th level, you have learned how to wield a weapon in the most dangerous fashion.

At level 11 weapons with which you are proficient used in Force Blast get their normal critical threat range.

It's part of the scaling quality of the ability and I think it makes a fair difference.

Otherwise it all looks good, time to prod bobthe6th with his fully edited class methinks! Nice job dude

World Warper

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Game Rule Information:
    Abilities:Charisma is very important, as it is the strength of The Telekineticist. Wisdom allows The Telekineticist to maintain effects longer, and constitution helps The Telekineticist stay alive while increasing maximum Hands.

The Telekineticist

[/table]

Class Skills

Telekinetic Hands(SU): The Telekineticist has limited capability with his power. This capability is known as Telekinetic Hands, or just Hands. The Telekineticist has a number of Hands equal to 1 + 1/3 class levels + your Constitution modifier. These Hands have a range equal to 10ft/ class level.

Force Blast(SU):As a standard action, the Telekineticist can launch a number of objects within the range of his Hands. Each object may weigh no more than 25lb/level, and requires the use of a single Hand/object. The object(s) travel up to 10ft/level and this movement may take it outside of the Hands range.

The Telekineticist makes a single standard ranged attack (in the case of multiple targets, this result is applied to each target separately), with a -2 penalty for each object thrown beyond the first. Each object deals bludgeoning or piercing damage (DM's choice) depending on it's weight up to 1d6/25lb. Regardless of the item launched, you do not take a non-proficiency penalty for this attack. Weapons launched with this power deal bludgeoning damage according to their weight unless you are proficient with them, at which point you may deal normal weapon damage (and damage type) instead. The object or weapon deals an additional +1d6 damage for each full 10ft of movement it had remaining when it hits. The critical threat of weapons used this way is 20/x2, only one roll need be made to confirm all attacks and criticals made with a single use of Force Blast. Any enchantments or abilities the weapon/s may have are applied individually. The keen enchantment, or any similar ability involving critical threat ranges does not apply. A flaming burst weapon would always consider it's threat range as 20/x2.

You may also focus this ability in an attempt to rip the target apart from the inside. The Telekineticist makes a single standard ranged touch attack (in the case of multiple targets, this result is applied to each target separately), with a -2 penalty for each blast after the first. This attack deals 1D4/2 class levels force damage and the target must succeed on a fortitude save or be nauseated for 1D4 rounds. This ability only functions within the range of your Hands. This ability effects objects.

Least:

As a standard action, you may make a single melee attack with one such weapon, using Charisma instead of Strength for the to hit and damage rolls. You only threaten squares within your physical reach, if the weapon is beyond this range it does not threaten on it's own. A one-handed or smaller weapon requires one Hand and a two-handed weapon requires two Hands to use. Any weapon(s) held by your Hands may have additional Hands added to it, each increasing the damage by 1/2 charisma modifier.

Lesser:

Improved:

Greater:

Minds eye(SU): At 5th level, as a full round action you may gain blind sight out to half your telekinesis range until the end of your next turn. You must be psionically focused to do this.

Telekinetic Flight(SU): You have finally mastered moving yourself using your Hands. One Hand is required to initiate and sustain flight. If you reach the duration of the ability, you immediately descend directly downwards at a rate equal to the fly speed (taking falling damage if you fail to reach solid ground in this distance) and become fatigued for 1d4 rounds. You may not initiate this ability if you are fatigued

At 7th level, you may fly at a speed of 30ft with perfect maneuverability for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier. You may keep this flight up indefinitely by using three hands.

At 11th level, your fly speed increases to 40ft and you may stay aloft for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom score. You only need two to keep this up indefinitely.

At 13th level, your fly speed increases to 60ft and may be sustained indefinitely with only one Hand.

Focused Shield(SU):At 9th level you may create a barrier with your Hands as a move action. Any unattended objects or projectiles (including spells which require an attack roll) are instantly stopped and cannot pass through. If a creature attempts to pass through, it suffers an immediate bullrush attack upon contact with the barrier, as if the barrier were a gargantuan creature with a Strength score equal to your Charisma score. If the barrier wins the opposed check, the creature is pushed back 5ft (but no more, since the barrier cannot move from the squares it has been placed in). If the creature wins, it forces it's way through the barrier, causing it to disperse.

At level 11 weapons with which you are proficient used in Force Blast get their normal critical threat range.

At level 18 all weapons wielded with Telekinetic Hands get their normal threat range and are treated as though you had Improved Critical. You do not actually gain the feat, and it does not count for prerequisites. This ability stacks in the same way as the feat.

ACFs

Pure Telekineticist.
    Spoiler
    Show

Benefit:The number of Hands you have is increased to 1 Hand/Class Level. The range of your telekinesis increases to 20ft/level.

Unarmed Telekineticist
    Spoiler
    Show

Benefit: You may generate weapons of pure force. These deal damage equal to 1d6/Hand force damage. They gain a bonus to hit and to damage equal to 1/2*Charisma Modifier*Invested Hands + 1. These are treated as weapons the Telekineticist is proficient with for all purposes. Their critical range is 20/x2.

Magic Items
    Miniature Boulder:
    As a move action (or free action with the quick draw feat) the marble can be activated. After its activation, the marble can be made to weigh up to 500lb, always growing to a foot diameter sphere. Another move action is required to reduce it back down to marble size.

Round 3! And maybe last-ish for the main class?

Now all that's missing are feats, more items maybe, and othe ACFs if anybody thinks of any.

Lets take a deeper look at Unarmed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unarmed Telekineticist
    Spoiler
    Show

You lose martial and some exotic weapon and medium armor proficiency basically. Gain cool lightsabers. Missing what action it is to create them. Would free be too much? Or should it be swift to make as many as you want/can at once with a free to dismiss.

Can this be stacked with Pure? I would love it to because then the flavor is aligned. Maybe they should be combined? If combined maybe remove critical thinking to balance if it is OP...dunno.

This is kinda why I feel like something is wrong with it, it feels more like it should be part of pure...

Let's look at the math for this for normal and Pure. Assuming 20 cha and 18 con. Since those are two primary stats for strength and versatility, I feel it is reasonable to assume those stats being great. Also lets call it level 12.
    Spoiler
    Show

Keeping the same basic assumptions from the last math, you had basically 1-2 Hands free for weapons as normal but now you have con mod added in, which brings available up to 5-6 unless you carry some other things. So we will say for the purposes of this math you are wielding 1-2 weapons using 4-6 hands between them. (Although once you have greater TK Fighting maybe more is better...)

Thus damage is 2-3d6 per weapon. With a modifier of 6-8 for to hit and damage. Not bad for a couple weapons. So balanced with the Con added to hands.

For a single weapon: 4-6d6. Modifier: 11, 13, or 16

Now for Pure, same assumptions:

You have 8-10 free hands.

4-5d6 per weapon. Modifier: 11 or 13

Single: 8-10d6. Modifier: 21, 23, or 26

I don't immediately see it being OP if it can be combined with Pure since they don't get enchantments...

Fluff question, do they have a specified shape/color? Orbs of doom, lightsabers, dozens of shuriken, shapes of people all come to mind as cool things. I feel it should be up to the char/dm for that. I like having cinematic weapons and stuff.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Game Rule Information:
    Abilities:Charisma is very important, as it is the strength of The Telekineticist. Wisdom allows The Telekineticist to maintain effects longer, and constitution helps The Telekineticist stay alive while increasing maximum Hands.

The Telekineticist

[/table]

Class Skills

Telekinetic Hands(SU): The Telekineticist has limited capability with his power. This capability is known as Telekinetic Hands, or just Hands. The Telekineticist has a number of Hands equal to 1 + 1/3 class levels + your Constitution modifier. These Hands have a range equal to 10ft/ class level.

Least:

Lesser:

Improved:

Greater:

ACFs

Pure Telekineticist.
    Spoiler
    Show

Unarmed Telekineticist
    Spoiler
    Show

Magic Items
    Miniature Boulder:

Round 3! And maybe last-ish for the main class?

Now all that's missing are feats, more items maybe, and othe ACFs if anybody thinks of any.

I haven't been following the thread so this may not fit, but how about an ACF that gets some telepathic abilities as well as the telekinetic ones to make a Psycho Mantis/Jean Grey/general psychic type character?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Seems like a cool idea...just trying to figure out how TK lets you talk to other peoples minds lol.

So, give it some spin, add some fluff and make it believable. Then we will run with it and help you out :)

What would you have to give up for it? Would it require Hands?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

hmm... mouths for hands....

could spin it as giving up some hands for telepathy out to TK range and some pp per day...

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Could also spin it as being able to hold thoughts with Hands...

Also, Hi bob! Nice to see you back.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

ah... I already let it fondle a 60ft diameter for blindsight... now its grabing brains? but an interesting spin.

was overly relaxing on a long holiday. will get to the edits tomarow(still have some stuff to do in RL...)

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender