New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Telekineticist (3.5 D&D, PEACH)<-really, you should.

Quote Originally Posted by bobthe6th View Post
    ah... I already let it fondle a 60ft diameter for blindsight... now its grabing brains? but an interesting spin.

Irrelevant to my idea, but Touchsight sets a precedent for "seeing" with Telekinesis. Someone taking this class is just really good at it.

-----

As for my suggestion, it's not that much of a stretch. Rather than just developing psychokinesis they also developed telepathic abilities; I hate to use her as an example but she's the easiest one, so like Jean Grey.

The term Hands is just a way of identifying how much they can do at once, rather than being literal hands, right? So there's no need to say they're fondling people's brains (though you could say they were "reaching into people's minds" if you really needed a hand connection).

The obvious things to trade are the martial skill abilities, but they already have an ACF so I'm not sure if that works. Off the top of my head maybe their HD or BAB drops a level (to show they're not a dedicated warrior like a standard T would be) and they gain Telepathy with a range matching their telekinesis.

Give them a Detect Thoughts ability too somewhere. After that maybe something like Suggestion by maintaining a number of hands on a person, upgrading to Charm Person-Charm Monster-Dominate Person(-Dominate Monster) as they level up, each higher level requiring more Hands to maintain/the top one requiring lots of hands, but needing less as more powerful options (which need lots of Hands) become available.

Maybe it costs them Far Trick and/or Critical Thinking?

Just some ideas, I'm bad at homebrewing so I'm not saying they're necessarily good ones.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

fixing broken page...
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Editor's note!!!
    Mind's Eye isn't listed on the table at 5th level, needs amending.
    Master of the Far Hand is listed as Master of the Unseen Hand on the table, need to choose one name and stick to it!

Also, Kobold-Bard, you may just possibly be a genius...

New ACF idea, I present to you...
    The Mentalist.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not only do you have the ability to warp the physical world with your mind, but you can warp the mental state of others too.

Change the Telekineticist's BAB to average progression (like a cleric). You are not as martially minded as other Telekineticists, but your understanding of your powers stretch to the abstract far more than others.

Warp Mindstate.
    Replaces: Telekinetic Reach, Martial Skill, Critical Thinking.
    At 1st level you start to gain a number of Psi-Like abilities as you progress, as listed below. Each ability requires a number of hands to be used, equal to the level of the power simulated. Hands used this way are considered used until the beginning of your next turn.
    1st level. Psionic Charm. Usable 3+ con modifier times per day.
    3rd level. Psionic Suggestion. Usable 2+ con modifier times per day.
    5th level. Hostile Empathic Transfer. Usable 1+ con modifier times per day.
    7th level. Psionic Dominate. Usable con modifier times per day.
    9th level. Mind Probe. Usable con modifier -1 times per day.

Power Overwhelming
    Replaces: Far Trick
    At 4th level you gain the ability to augment your Warp Mindstate with additional hands. Each additional hand counts as 2 power points for this purpose. You begin being able to use only 1 additional hand in this way. You may use another additional hand for every 4 levels thereafter (2 extra at 8th, 3 at 12th, etc, to a maximum of 5 additional hands at 20th.)

Mind's Eye
    Your Mind's eye ability gains the following enhancement:
    You may improve your Mind's Eye ability with the use of an additional hand. You gain the effects of the Read Thoughts power with 2 differences:
    The area becomes that of your Mind's Eye ability.
    Creatures with an intelligence of 26 or higher (and at least 10 points higher than your own intelligence score) no longer stun you if they are read. Instead, you simply cannot comprehend the thoughts you read and therefore gain no effect for the purposes of these creatures.

Master of the Unseen/Far Hand (whichever one bobthe6th chooses!)
    Remove this line from the ability:
    "You no longer take range penalties to your far tricks."
    Add this line to the ability:
    You count as using two more hands when augmenting your Warp Mindstate abilities (so if you were to augment with 2 extra hands, you would count as having used 4 extra hands instead).

What do you think peeps? (Bear in mind I have written this off the cuff at silly o'clock in the morning after a 14 hour shift, it may need some clarification!)
    Last edited by Veklim; 2012-02-25 at 08:12 PM.
    All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    Co-Developer of the Mutant Powers Project:
    World Warper
    Telekineticist and ACFs, Feats, Shadow Hand PrC

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Ill check out that ACF later, as I dont have too much time now.

I will however say that I have new ideas and critiques from outside people who are too lame to get to this thread lol.

The setup as is doesn't lend itself to much replay as the class is always the same. To fix that we make it so at every level you gain on TK ability from the list. The list will include all that we have now plus anything else we can think of. He even had some suggestions for ideas, for example gravity manipulation. Obviously some will be trees that require the earlier ones. This makes it so you can play it however you feel and never havw to be the same guy twice.

He also pointed out that once you hit epic this class goes down fast...changing the lsst part of the capstone to multiply the number of hands you gain, from all sources, would bring to epic a very healthy power boost. I support that idea, as it allows you to do whatever you decide with enough power behind it to actually mater in epic.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

hmm...a special ability set could make sense. would let the class mix focus a bit...

and then the AFCs could be tied in as specials...

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

6. - Top - End - #96

hrm...

Then we need to start identifying the base elements of the class, and deciding how to balance out the various ACFs we have already, plus any other ideas people may have, and create class feature choices.

First order of the day would be to figure out what of the class (except the hands mechanic itself) should be permanent. We also need to decide whether to make it an average BAB chassis with full BAB progression as a first level option or not. That would mean the 1st level choice would dictate if you're primarily combat or support. Other options can come off at tangents thereafter...

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    World Warper

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the basic power of the class should be simple telekinesis, with other options being the stuff you could with it.

and i could see doing a three class set, with low, average, and full BAB.

low would be pure telikenetisist, with lots of hands and mage like abilaties(the psi would be here...)

average would be a skill monkey, with some hands and rouge abilaties(hand o' vision and such...)

high would be combat, with fewer hands, but lots of options to build into combat(current TKF, hand boosted attacks, walls...)

thoughts? this is just an idea, if you guys see a better way...

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

I say keep it at its current progessions. Just take all the special abilities except for Hands and pu them in a list. Split up the ones that scale into different abilities. Give them prereqs equal to what they have now. Turn the unarmed one into a special ability, and leave pure as an ACF. Replace the current prrqs by saying certain abilitys are unavailable.

Ill probably work a little on it sometime tonight or tomorrow morning if you just wanna see what I mean lol.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show

This is in need of PEACH. Just skip past the old comments.

Special thanks to VEKLIM for editing. It was a lot messier before.
    Really, first time I got an editor, and the class is better for it...

So, I have tried to make blasters. They have all been kinda busy, and introduce too many new concepts. So going to try a different tact, something in line with an invoker.

The Telekineticist. A rather long name but oh well.

When the psionic talent begins to surface, they show odd signs. Some of these show it through the sudden movement of objects. Flying plates and tables mark a developing psion, yet some never grow out of it. These psions grow in power, standing up to psions in their own right as masters of psionic power.

Characteristics: The Telekineticist relies on its mind to create force affects. This can range from throwing a mass at a foe, throwing a foe, fighting with a weapon held with his mind, even to full power flight!

Alignment: The Telekineticist can be of any alignment. The power of the mind bares no alignment above others.

Religion: The Telekineticist favors gods of battle and psionics.

Races: Humans are drawn to this class like any other. Small races also enjoy this class, as it lets them use brains in place of brawn. Any mining race tends to have many Telekineticists since they aid in the mining process. All psionic races tend to favor this class like any other psionic class.

Other Classes: Martial classes tend to dislike The Telekineticist, as they seem too magical to be true martial. Magical classes enjoy The Telekineticist, as they seem to merely be imitating their own power.

Role: Can take on the role of a secondary tank, or perhaps stealth. But this class shines at battle field control. With numerous abilities for punishing foes unwilling to move as he wishes, and the ability to physically move foes into a formation of his choice, he can add some useful utility outside of combat while performing numerous tricks at a distance.

Game Rule Information:
    Abilities:Charisma is very important, as it is the strength of The Telekineticist. Wisdom allows The Telekineticist to maintain effects longer, and constitution helps The Telekineticist stay alive while increasing maximum Hands.

Alignment: Any

Hit Die: d8

The Telekineticist
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+1|+0|+0|+2| Telekinetic Hands, Mental Strength, Force Blast, Wild Talent

2nd|+2|+0|+0|+3| Telekinetic Fighting: Least

3rd|+3|+1|+1|+3|Telekinetic Reach

4th|+4|+1|+1|+4| Far Trick

5th|+5|+1|+1|+4| Martial Skill, Mind's Eye

6th|+6/+1|+2|+2|+5| Telekinetic Fighting: Lesser

7th|+7/+2|+2|+2|+5| Telekinetic Flight

8th|+8/+3|+2|+2|+6| Far Trick

9th|+9/+4|+3|+3|+6| Martial Skill, Focused Shield

10th|+10/+5|+3|+3|+7| Telekinetic Flight: Improved, Mind's Eye

11th|+11/+6/+1|+3|+3|+7| Telekinetic Fighting: Improved, Critical Thinking

12th|+12/+7/+2|+4|+4|+8| Far Trick, Ghostly Hand

13th|+13/+8/+3|+4|+4|+8| Telekinetic Flight: Greater

14th|+14/+9/+4|+4|+4|+9| Martial Skill

15th|+15/+10/+5|+5|+5|+9| Disrupting Throw, Mind's Eye

16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+5|+5|+10| Far Trick, Telekinetic Fighting: Greater

17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+5|+5|+10| Ghostly Hand

18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+6|+6|+11| Critical Thinking

19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+6|+6|+11| Martial Skill

20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+6|+6|+12| Master Of The Far Hand, Mind's Eye
    [/table]

Class Skills

The Telekineticist's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are; Auto Hypnosis(Con), Balance(Dex), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Escape artist(Dex), Knowledge (Psionics)(Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Slight of hand(Dex), Tumble(Dex), Use Psionic Device(Cha), and Psicraft (Int).

Skill Points at First Level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Proficiencies: A Telekineticist is proficient with all Simple weapons and one martial melee weapon of their choice. They are also proficient with light and medium armor, and all shields.

Telekinetic Hands(SU): The Telekineticist has limited capability with his power. This capability is known as Telekinetic Hands, or just Hands. The Telekineticist has a number of Hands equal to 1 + 1/3 class levels + your Constitution modifier. These Hands have a range equal to 10ft/ class level.

If an ability that uses Hands requires a save, it has a DC of 10 + 1/2 class levels + charisma modifier. If they require a physical ability score (such as an opposed strength checks for a trip attempt), use the Charisma modifier instead. To use his Hands he must be psionically focused, although he does not expend his focus by doing so.

Any hand which is used for a non-sustained ability is considered used until the start of your next turn, and any hand used for a sustained ability is considered used until the ability is released.

Mental Strength(SU): The Telekineticist can move an object with his mind, or perform some act of manual dexterity at any distance within the range of his Hands as a standard action. He may move up to 50lb/level at a rate of 30' per action, objects up to 100lb/level at a rate of 20' per action with one Hand or 30' with two Hands, and objects up to 150lb/level at a rate of 10' per action with one Hand, 20' with two Hands or 30' with three Hands. These movements are not limited in direction, but do have a limited duration. The Telekineticist can maintain pressure for up to wisdom modifier rounds, after that the object drops to the ground and the Telekineticist is fatigued for 1d4 rounds. You may not initiate this ability if you are fatigued.

Creatures may be moved in this way, but they get a will save to negate the effects. Any movement from this ability provokes attacks of opportunity as normal. The Telekineticist may not use this ability on himself.

Objects weighing 25lb + 25lb/3 levels may be maintained without limit with one Hand. For two Hands, this becomes 25lb + 25lb/2 levels instead, and for three Hands this limit becomes 25lb + 25lb/level.

The Telekineticist can also perform a feat of manual dexterity anywhere within the maximum range of his powers. This manipulation is limited by the number of hands used. If you wish to do something which would require two physical hands to achieve (like tie a knot in some rope), then you must use at least 2 hands. No additional effect is had by using more Hands than necessary for any given action.

Force Blast(SU):As a standard action, the Telekineticist can launch a number of objects within the range of his Hands. Each object may weigh no more than 25lb/level, and requires the use of a single Hand/object. The object(s) travel up to 10ft/level and this movement may take it outside of the Hands range.

The Telekineticist makes a single standard ranged attack (in the case of multiple targets, this result is applied to each target separately), with a -2 penalty for each object thrown beyond the first. Each object deals bludgeoning or piercing damage (DM's choice) depending on it's weight up to 1d6/25lb. Regardless of the item launched, you do not take a non-proficiency penalty for this attack. Weapons launched with this power deal bludgeoning damage according to their weight unless you are proficient with them, at which point you may deal normal weapon damage (and damage type) instead. The object or weapon deals an additional +1d6 damage for each full 10ft of movement it had remaining when it hits. The critical threat of weapons used this way is 20/x2, only one roll need be made to confirm all attacks and criticals made with a single use of Force Blast. Any enchantments or abilities the weapon/s may have are applied individually. The keen enchantment, or any similar ability involving critical threat ranges does not apply. A flaming burst weapon would always consider it's threat range as 20/x2.

You may also focus this ability in an attempt to rip the target apart from the inside. The Telekineticist makes a single standard ranged touch attack (in the case of multiple targets, this result is applied to each target separately), with a -2 penalty for each blast after the first. This attack deals 1D4/2 class levels force damage and the target must succeed on a fortitude save or be nauseated for 1D4 rounds. This ability only functions within the range of your Hands. This ability effects objects.

Wild Talent: You gain the feat Wild Talent as a bonus feat.

Telekinetic Fighting(SU):

Least:
    At 2nd level The Telekineticist may use Hands to wield weapons he is proficient with and fight within the range of his Hands. Any weapon wielded in this fashion may be moved up to 30ft in a round as a free action.

As a standard action, you may make a single melee attack with one such weapon, using Charisma instead of Strength for the to hit and damage rolls. You only threaten squares within your physical reach, if the weapon is beyond this range it does not threaten on it's own. A one-handed or smaller weapon requires one Hand and a two-handed weapon requires two Hands to use. Any weapon(s) held by your Hands may have additional Hands added to it, each increasing the damage by 1/2 charisma modifier.

The Telekineticist suffers -2 to hit and a -1 to damage for every 10ft increment between the weapon and The Telekineticist, to a maximum of the range of his Hands. He may maintain this effect for a number of rounds equal to his constitution modifier per encounter.

Lesser:
    At 6th level you may make a full attack with the weapon(s) you are wielding with Telekinetic Fighting. You may not make more attacks than you could with a single weapon, even if you have the Two Weapon Fighting or Multi-Attack feats, but you may spread your iterative attacks between weapons at no penalty, although the range penalty still applies. You may now hold a light or heavy shield with one Hand or a tower shield in two Hands. Such a shield may occupy any square including your own or those of your allies (but not an enemy's) and confers on anyone in that square the shield's AC bonus as a shield bonus to their own AC.

The duration you may maintain this effect is increased to you Constitution Score.

Improved:
    You may now make as many attacks as you are capable of, including Two Weapon Fighting or Multi-Attack. You may wield a weapon of a larger size category than you normally could for your size. For every size category larger than normal, the weapon requires an additional Hand to wield, these Hands do not add extra damage, but you may add further Hands to do so.

The duration you may maintain this effect is removed.

Greater:
    At 16th level you no longer take the -2 to hit and -1 to damage for every 10ft between you and your weapon, but you are still limited to the range of your Hands. Also, as a standard action you may attack once with each weapon wielded by your Telekinetic Fighting. This is done with a single attack roll at your highest attack bonus, but takes a penalty to hit equal to the number of weapons being wielded -1.

Telekinetic Reach(SU): At third level, any weapon you are wielding with your Telekinetic Fighting threatens adjacent squares as normal for a weapon of it's type. If the weapon has the reach quality then calculate accordingly.

Far Trick(SU):Starting at 4th lvl when your powers start to mature, you gain the ability to make specific types of attacks within the range of your Hands. These work as normal except Charisma is used instead of any physical score, and your size bonus (or penalty) does not apply to these checks.

Each ability initially receives a penalty of -1/10ft away from the target you are. Each ability requires one hand to activate.

At 4th level you may attempt to break down a door or bullrush an opponent.

At 8th level you may attempt disarm attempts against foes. The penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/20ft.

At 12th level you may attempt trip attempts against foes. The penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/20ft, and the penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/40ft.

At 16th level you may attempt to grapple foes. The penalty for tripping is reduced to -1/20ft, the penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/40ft, and the penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/80ft.

Minds eye(SU): At 5th level, as a full round action you may gain blindsight out to half the range of your Hands until the end of your next turn. You must be psionically focused to do this.

At 10th level this increases to the full range of your Hands.

At 15th level you may maintain this ability indefinitely with one hand.

At 20th level this ability no longer requires a Hand to maintain and is always active (even when you are not psionically focused).

Martial Skill (EX): You may not be a fighter, but you understand weapons of war.

At 5th level you gain two additional martial weapon proficiencies of your choice.

At 9th level you gain two more additional martial weapon proficiencies of your choice.

At 14th level you gain one additional martial weapon proficiency and one additional exotic weapon proficiency of your choice.

At 19th level you gain two additional exotic weapon proficiencies of your choice.

Telekinetic Flight(SU): You have finally mastered moving yourself using your Hands. One Hand is required to initiate and sustain flight. If you reach the duration of the ability, you immediately descend directly downwards at a rate equal to the fly speed (taking falling damage if you fail to reach solid ground in this distance) and become fatigued for 1d4 rounds. You may not initiate this ability if you are fatigued

At 7th level, you may fly at a speed of 30ft with perfect maneuverability for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier. You may keep this flight up indefinitely by using three hands.

At 11th level, your fly speed increases to 40ft and you may stay aloft for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom score. You only need two to keep this up indefinitely.

At 13th level, your fly speed increases to 60ft and may be sustained indefinitely with only one Hand.

Focused Shield(SU):At 9th level you may create a barrier with your Hands as a move action. Any unattended objects or projectiles (including spells which require an attack roll) are instantly stopped and cannot pass through. If a creature attempts to pass through, it suffers an immediate bullrush attack upon contact with the barrier, as if the barrier were a gargantuan creature with a Strength score equal to your Charisma score. If the barrier wins the opposed check, the creature is pushed back 5ft (but no more, since the barrier cannot move from the squares it has been placed in). If the creature wins, it forces it's way through the barrier, causing it to disperse.

In either case the creature takes force damage equal to 1D6 +1/ class level. The barrier is a 10ft pane, positioned as you please within Telekinesis range and requires 1 Hand to maintain. You may create and maintain multiple barriers at once, any number of barriers may be set as part of the same move action so long as you have enough hands free to create them.

You may invest 1 more Hand to increase the damage dealt to 1D6/ class level

Critical Thinking(EX): Starting at 11th level, you have learned how to wield a weapon in the most dangerous fashion.

At level 11 weapons with which you are proficient used in Force Blast get their normal critical threat range.

At level 18 all weapons wielded with Telekinetic Hands get their normal threat range and are treated as though you had Improved Critical. You do not actually gain the feat, and it does not count for prerequisites. This ability stacks in the same way as the feat.

Ghostly Hand(SU): At 12th level, your abilities become capable of affecting ethereal objects and enemies. Objects thrown using Force Blast must be ethereal to do so, but weapons wielded using Telekinetic Fighting are treated as being both corporeal and ethereal from now on.

At 17th level all your abilities can effect creatures and objects from any coterminous planes.

Disrupting Throw(SU): At 15th level, as an immediate action, you may attempt an attack of opportunity against any opponent up to 5ft/class level away. They must have just taken an action which would provoke an attack of opportunity were you adjacent to them, but you need not be threatening the opponent. You may use your Force Blast ability, or any of the abilities you know through Far Trick. This counts towards your attacks of opportunity for the round.

Master Of The Far Hand(EX): At 20th level, you have reached the pinnacle of your mental power. Reality becomes an illusion which you can bend like putty, and many of your abilities are enhanced as follows:

All your Telekinesis dependent abilities are now considered Extraordinary.

Your Disrupting Throw becomes a free action, still taking up an attack of opportunity per use. It may also be used anywhere within your Telekinesis range.

Your flight speed increases to 120ft.

You no longer take range penalties to your far tricks.

You count as using twice as many hands as you devote to Mental Strength for performing acts of manual dexterity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACFs

Pure Telekineticist.
    Spoiler
    Show

Replaces: Martial Skill, Telekinetic Fighting, Martial Weapon Proficiency, and Telekinetic Reach.

Benefit:The number of Hands you have is increased to 1 Hand/Class Level. The range of your telekinesis increases to 20ft/level.

Unarmed Telekineticist
    Spoiler
    Show

Replaces: Martial Skill, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Medium Armor Proficiency.

Benefit: You may generate weapons of pure force. These deal damage equal to 1d6/Hand force damage. They gain a bonus to hit and to damage equal to 1/2*Charisma Modifier*Invested Hands + 1. These are treated as weapons the Telekineticist is proficient with for all purposes. Their critical range is 20/x2.

Magic Items
    Miniature Boulder:
    This item is very useful to a Telekineticist. It has the dimensions of a marble, and weighs much the same.
    As a move action (or free action with the quick draw feat) the marble can be activated. After its activation, the marble can be made to weigh up to 500lb, always growing to a foot diameter sphere. Another move action is required to reduce it back down to marble size.

Ok That edit has the table fixes should the class not change.

This one will have what the class would look like (at present) if it changed. Keep in mind, for this change to really matter, we would need more options.

Also, should we split up the scaling into multiple abilities and then give the class enough ability choices to chose them all or make it so even as is they have to chose? I'll just make the one for as is right now...with splitting up the abilities.
    Also, I really feel like epic is going to have a problem as stands...so these edits will have a modified capstone please look over it.

Spoiler
    Show

So, I have tried to make blasters. They have all been kinda busy, and introduce too many new concepts. So going to try a different tact, something in line with an invoker.

When the psionic talent begins to surface, they show odd signs. Some of these show it through the sudden movement of objects. Flying plates and tables mark a developing psion, yet some never grow out of it. These psions grow in power, standing up to psions in their own right as masters of psionic power.

Characteristics: The Telekineticist relies on its mind to create force affects. This can range from throwing a mass at a foe, throwing a foe, fighting with a weapon held with his mind, even to full power flight!

Alignment: The Telekineticist can be of any alignment. The power of the mind bares no alignment above others.

Races: Humans are drawn to this class like any other. Small races also enjoy this class, as it lets them use brains in place of brawn. Any mining race tends to have many Telekineticists since they aid in the mining process. All psionic races tend to favor this class like any other psionic class.

Other Classes: Martial classes tend to dislike The Telekineticist, as they seem too magical to be true martial. Magical classes enjoy The Telekineticist, as they seem to merely be imitating their own power.

Role: Can take on the role of a secondary tank, or perhaps stealth. But this class shines at battle field control. With numerous abilities for punishing foes unwilling to move as he wishes, and the ability to physically move foes into a formation of his choice, he can add some useful utility outside of combat while performing numerous tricks at a distance.

Game Rule Information:
    Abilities:Charisma is very important, as it is the strength of The Telekineticist. Wisdom allows The Telekineticist to maintain effects longer, and constitution helps The Telekineticist stay alive while increasing maximum Hands.

The Telekineticist
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|TK Maneuvers

1st|+1|+0|+0|+2| Telekinetic Hands, Mental Strength, Force Blast, Wild Talent | -

2nd|+2|+0|+0|+3| Telekinetic Maneuvers |1

3rd|+3|+1|+1|+3||2

4th|+4|+1|+1|+4||3

5th|+5|+1|+1|+4||5

6th|+6/+1|+2|+2|+5||6

7th|+7/+2|+2|+2|+5||7

8th|+8/+3|+2|+2|+6||8

9th|+9/+4|+3|+3|+6||10

10th|+10/+5|+3|+3|+7||12

11th|+11/+6/+1|+3|+3|+7||14

12th|+12/+7/+2|+4|+4|+8||16

13th|+13/+8/+3|+4|+4|+8||17

14th|+14/+9/+4|+4|+4|+9||18

15th|+15/+10/+5|+5|+5|+9||20

16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+5|+5|+10||22

17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+5|+5|+10||23

18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+6|+6|+11||24

19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+6|+6|+11||25

20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+6|+6|+12| Master Of The Far Hand |26
    [/table]

Class Skills

The Telekineticist's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are; Auto Hypnosis(Con), Balance(Dex), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Escape artist(Dex), Knowledge (Psionics)(Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Slight of hand(Dex), Tumble(Dex), Use Psionic Device(Cha), and Psicraft (Int).

Proficiencies: A Telekineticist is proficient with all Simple weapons and one martial melee weapon of their choice. They are also proficient with light and medium armor, and all shields.

Telekinetic Hands(SU): The Telekineticist has limited capability with his power. This capability is known as Telekinetic Hands, or just Hands. The Telekineticist has a number of Hands equal to 1 + 1/3 class levels + your Constitution modifier. These Hands have a range equal to 10ft/ class level.

If an ability that uses Hands requires a save, it has a DC of 10 + 1/2 class levels + charisma modifier. If they require a physical ability score (such as an opposed strength checks for a trip attempt), use the Charisma modifier instead. To use his Hands he must be psionically focused, although he does not expend his focus by doing so.

Any hand which is used for a non-sustained ability is considered used until the start of your next turn, and any hand used for a sustained ability is considered used until the ability is released.

Mental Strength(SU): The Telekineticist can move an object with his mind, or perform some act of manual dexterity at any distance within the range of his Hands as a standard action. He may move up to 50lb/level at a rate of 30' per action, objects up to 100lb/level at a rate of 20' per action with one Hand or 30' with two Hands, and objects up to 150lb/level at a rate of 10' per action with one Hand, 20' with two Hands or 30' with three Hands. These movements are not limited in direction, but do have a limited duration. The Telekineticist can maintain pressure for up to wisdom modifier rounds, after that the object drops to the ground and the Telekineticist is fatigued for 1d4 rounds. You may not initiate this ability if you are fatigued.

Creatures may be moved in this way, but they get a will save to negate the effects. Any movement from this ability provokes attacks of opportunity as normal. The Telekineticist may not use this ability on himself.

Objects weighing 25lb + 25lb/3 levels may be maintained without limit with one Hand. For two Hands, this becomes 25lb + 25lb/2 levels instead, and for three Hands this limit becomes 25lb + 25lb/level.

The Telekineticist can also perform a feat of manual dexterity anywhere within the maximum range of his powers. This manipulation is limited by the number of hands used. If you wish to do something which would require two physical hands to achieve (like tie a knot in some rope), then you must use at least 2 hands. No additional effect is had by using more Hands than necessary for any given action.

Force Blast(SU):As a standard action, the Telekineticist can launch a number of objects within the range of his Hands. Each object may weigh no more than 25lb/level, and requires the use of a single Hand/object. The object(s) travel up to 10ft/level and this movement may take it outside of the Hands range.

The Telekineticist makes a single standard ranged attack (in the case of multiple targets, this result is applied to each target separately), with a -2 penalty for each object thrown beyond the first. Each object deals bludgeoning or piercing damage (DM's choice) depending on it's weight up to 1d6/25lb. Regardless of the item launched, you do not take a non-proficiency penalty for this attack. Weapons launched with this power deal bludgeoning damage according to their weight unless you are proficient with them, at which point you may deal normal weapon damage (and damage type) instead. The object or weapon deals an additional +1d6 damage for each full 10ft of movement it had remaining when it hits. The critical threat of weapons used this way is 20/x2, only one roll need be made to confirm all attacks and criticals made with a single use of Force Blast. Any enchantments or abilities the weapon/s may have are applied individually. The keen enchantment, or any similar ability involving critical threat ranges does not apply. A flaming burst weapon would always consider it's threat range as 20/x2.

You may also focus this ability in an attempt to rip the target apart from the inside. The Telekineticist makes a single standard ranged touch attack (in the case of multiple targets, this result is applied to each target separately), with a -2 penalty for each blast after the first. This attack deals 1D4/2 class levels force damage and the target must succeed on a fortitude save or be nauseated for 1D4 rounds. This ability only functions within the range of your Hands. This ability effects objects.

Master Of The Far Hand(EX): At 20th level, you have reached the pinnacle of your mental power. Reality becomes an illusion which you can bend like putty, and many of your abilities are enhanced as follows:

Your Telekinetic Maneuvers, Telekinetic Hands, Mental Strength, and Force Blast abilities are now considered Extraordinary.

If you chose Disrupting Throw, it becomes a free action, still taking up an attack of opportunity per use. It may also be used anywhere within your Telekinesis range.

If you chose Telekinetic Flight: Lesser, your flight speed increases to 120ft.

If you chose Far Trick, of any level, you no longer take range penalties to your far tricks.

The number of hands gained from all sources past, present, and future are doubled from their listed value.

Telekinetic Maneuvers: As you grow in power you gain Telekinetic Maneuvers. These maneuvers are the true representation of you power. You gain these in accordance with the table above. They are all the abilities that follow.

Critical Thinking: Least(EX):
    Requirements: Level 11
    You have learned how to wield a weapon in the most dangerous fashion.

Weapons with which you are proficient that are used in Force Blast get their normal critical threat range.

Critical Thinking: Lesser(EX):
    Requirements: Level 18, Critical Thinking: Least
    All weapons wielded with Telekinetic Hands get their normal threat range and are treated as though you had Improved Critical. You do not actually gain the feat, and it does not count for prerequisites. This ability stacks in the same way as the feat.

Disrupting Throw(SU):
    Requirements: Level 15
    As an immediate action, you may attempt an attack of opportunity against any opponent up to 5ft/class level away. They must have just taken an action which would provoke an attack of opportunity were you adjacent to them, but you need not be threatening the opponent. You may use your Force Blast ability, or any of the abilities you know through Far Trick. This counts towards your attacks of opportunity for the round.

Far Trick: Least(SU):
    Requirements: Level 4
    Your powers start to mature, you gain the ability to make specific types of attacks within the range of your Hands. These work as normal except Charisma is used instead of any physical score, and your size bonus (or penalty) does not apply to these checks.

Each ability initially receives a penalty of -1/10ft away from the target you are. Each ability requires one hand to activate.

You may attempt to break down a door or bullrush an opponent.

Far Trick: Lesser(SU):
    Requirements: Level 8, Far Trick: Least
    You may attempt disarm attempts against foes. The penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/20ft.

Far Trick: Improved(SU):
    Requirements: Level 12, Far Trick: Lesser
    You may attempt trip attempts against foes. The penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/20ft, and the penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/40ft.

Far Trick: Greater(SU):
    Requirements: Level 16, Far Trick: Improved
    You may attempt to grapple foes. The penalty for tripping is reduced to -1/20ft, the penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/40ft, and the penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/80ft.

Focused Shield(SU):
    Requirements: Level 9
    You may create a barrier with your Hands as a move action. Any unattended objects or projectiles (including spells which require an attack roll) are instantly stopped and cannot pass through. If a creature attempts to pass through, it suffers an immediate bullrush attack upon contact with the barrier, as if the barrier were a gargantuan creature with a Strength score equal to your Charisma score. If the barrier wins the opposed check, the creature is pushed back 5ft (but no more, since the barrier cannot move from the squares it has been placed in). If the creature wins, it forces it's way through the barrier, causing it to disperse.

In either case the creature takes force damage equal to 1D6 +1/ class level. The barrier is a 10ft pane, positioned as you please within Telekinesis range and requires 1 Hand to maintain. You may create and maintain multiple barriers at once, any number of barriers may be set as part of the same move action so long as you have enough hands free to create them.

Ghostly Hand: Least(SU):
    Requirements: Level 12
    Your abilities become capable of affecting ethereal objects and enemies. Objects thrown using Force Blast must be ethereal to do so, but weapons wielded using Telekinetic Fighting are treated as being both corporeal and ethereal from now on.

Ghostly Hand:Lesser(SU):
    Requirements: Level 17
    All your abilities can effect creatures and objects from any coterminous planes.

Martial Skill: Least(EX):
    Requirements: Level 5
    You may not be a fighter, but you understand weapons of war.

You gain two additional martial weapon proficiencies of your choice.

Martial Skill: Lesser(EX):
    Requirements: Level 9, Martial Skill: Least
    You gain two more additional martial weapon proficiencies of your choice.

Martial Skill: Improved(EX):
    Requirements: Level 14, Martial Skill:Lesser
    You gain one additional martial weapon proficiency and one additional exotic weapon proficiency of your choice.

Martial Skill: Greater(EX):
    Requirements: Level 19, Martial Skill: Improved
    You gain two additional exotic weapon proficiencies of your choice.

Minds Eye: Least(SU):
    Requirements: Level 5
    As a full round action you may gain blindsight out to half the range of your Hands until the end of your next turn. You must be psionically focused to do this.

Minds Eye: Lesser(SU):
    Requirements: Level 10, Mind's Eye: Least
    The blindsight gained increases to the full range of your Hands.

Minds Eye: Improved(SU):
    Requirements: Level 15, Mind's Eye: Lesser
    This ability may be maintained indefinitely with one Hand.

Minds Eye: Greater(SU):
    Requirements: Level 20, Mind's Eye: Improved
    This ability no longer requires a Hand to maintain and is always active (even when you are not psionically focused).

Telekinetic Fighting: Least(SU):
    Requirements: Level 2

At 2nd level The Telekineticist may use Hands to wield weapons he is proficient with and fight within the range of his Hands. Any weapon wielded in this fashion may be moved up to 30ft in a round as a free action.

As a standard action, you may make a single melee attack with one such weapon, using Charisma instead of Strength for the to hit and damage rolls. You only threaten squares within your physical reach, if the weapon is beyond this range it does not threaten on it's own. A one-handed or smaller weapon requires one Hand and a two-handed weapon requires two Hands to use. Any weapon(s) held by your Hands may have additional Hands added to it, each increasing the damage by 1/2 charisma modifier.

The Telekineticist suffers -2 to hit and a -1 to damage for every 10ft increment between the weapon and The Telekineticist, to a maximum of the range of his Hands. He may maintain this effect for a number of rounds equal to his constitution modifier per encounter.

Telekinetic Fighting: Lesser(SU):
    Requirements: Level 6 Telekinetic Fighting: Least

You may make a full attack with the weapon(s) you are wielding with Telekinetic Fighting. You may not make more attacks than you could with a single weapon, even if you have the Two Weapon Fighting or Multi-Attack feats, but you may spread your iterative attacks between weapons at no penalty, although the range penalty still applies. You may now hold a light or heavy shield with one Hand or a tower shield in two Hands. Such a shield may occupy any square including your own or those of your allies (but not an enemy's) and confers on anyone in that square the shield's AC bonus as a shield bonus to their own AC.

The duration you may maintain this effect is increased to you Constitution Score.

Telekinetic Fighting: Improved(SU):
    Requirements: Level 11, Telekinetic Fighting: Lesser

You may now make as many attacks as you are capable of, including Two Weapon Fighting or Multi-Attack. You may wield a weapon of a larger size category than you normally could for your size. For every size category larger than normal, the weapon requires an additional Hand to wield, these Hands do not add extra damage, but you may add further Hands to do so.

Telekinetic Fighting: Greater(SU):
    Requirements: Level 16, Telekinetic Fighting: Improved

You no longer take the -2 to hit and -1 to damage for every 10ft between you and your weapon, but you are still limited to the range of your Hands. Also, as a standard action you may attack once with each weapon wielded by your Telekinetic Fighting. This is done with a single attack roll at your highest attack bonus, but takes a penalty to hit equal to the number of weapons being wielded -1.

Telekinetic Flight: Least(SU):
    Requirements: Level 7
    You have finally mastered moving yourself using your Hands. One Hand is required to initiate and sustain flight. If you reach the duration of the ability, you immediately descend directly downwards at a rate equal to the fly speed (taking falling damage if you fail to reach solid ground in this distance) and become fatigued for 1d4 rounds. You may not initiate this ability if you are fatigued

You may fly at a speed of 30ft with perfect maneuverability for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier. You may keep this flight up indefinitely by using three hands.

Telekinetic Flight: Lesser(SU):
    Requirements: Level 11, Telekinetic Flight: Least
    Your fly speed increases to 40ft and you may stay aloft for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom score. You only need two Hands to keep this up indefinitely.

Telekinetic Flight: Improved(SU):
    Requirements: Level 13, Telekinetic Flight: Lesser
    Your fly speed increases to 60ft and may be sustained indefinitely with only one Hand.

Telekinetic Reach(SU):
    Requirements: Level 3, Telekinetic Fighting: Least
    Any weapon you are wielding with your Telekinetic Fighting threatens adjacent squares as normal for a weapon of it's type. If the weapon has the reach quality then calculate accordingly.

Because this became a choice based class, I reordered the ability section to put them in alphabetical order. I also split up the current skills that progress into sub skills keeping the naming scheme from TK Fighting.

At present the rate that you gain TK Maneuvers makes little sense as all I did was give 1 point for every ability they gained in a given level. Also some of the abilities don't scale at a fixed rate...

10. - Top - End - #100

OK, first off, the table/class as originally designed is finished, CELEBRATION COMMENCES!

Now that's out of the way, your idea for the ability options is a good one, but much of what is written down needs a serious tweak in one way or another, and I feel there should be some static bonii. Telekinetic Flight, Ghostly Hand and Focused Shield should all be permanent on the class list at certain levels (if we can space them out to perhaps 3rd, 5th, 7th, etc or every 3rd level maybe, that would be good. Then every other level you get a choice of one of the other abilities, the requirements will all have to reshuffle a bit because of this, but that's fine.

I think there's arguement for making Focused Shield a 2 tier ability, and all 2 tier abilities should probably use the [name], Improved [name] format. Keep the Least [name], Lesser [name], Improved [name], Greater [name] format for abilities with 4 tiers.

Doing it this way allows us to open up psi-like abilities from more disciplines as choices, although psychoportation, psychokinesis and telepathy are the only 3 I'd feel should be used (this guy shouldn't step on too many toes imo).

Bobthe6th mentioned using the 3 BAB progressions as a starting point for all options, I think this prototype rework may make sense as being an average progression to begin with, using ACFs for full and poor BAB progressions, then we would have the Pure TK using poor BAB, and the Combat TK as full BAB, the 'standard' class with average BAB is the battlefield control class with the most options. You would have to remove certain options from the list and make them replace options for the ACF, but it's the best/only way I can see of allowing a class to slide between poor, average and full BAB without completely ignoring balance altogether!

Regardless of what else happens though, I think bobthe6th should first take the finally finished class and table and pop them up top of the 1st post, then we can see what he thinks about us undoing everyone's hard work and rebuilding his brainchild with the new concept...

World Warper

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

I stick with keeping BAB as it is.

The options that are here could also be reworked so that you get 1 ability every other level and they kept their normal progressions.

I say let's add more abilities. Or take what we have and improve it while adding more abilities.

I am not a fan of the telepathy at all. It isn't the feel of a Telekineticist. Psycoportation could be something I could see.

Examples of things that would I would want to see here:

Improve the Focused shield. Add shapeability, more area, add more damage, add some kind of other function perhaps.

Add something that manipulates gravity/air density. For example create singularities or repulsion fields. Or create the ability to increase the air density around you to simulate that of water (lots of fun penalties to through at people lol).

You already have TK, is it that far of a stretch to say you can mess with sound waves for sonic damage and stuff or increase/decrease the molecules movement speed for fire/cold damage. Maybe add that to the wall?

I really feel that we can do so much with the wall...

EDIT: Thoughts on capstone change?
    Last edited by DerTollUdo; 2012-03-01 at 03:45 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Quote Originally Posted by DerTollUdo View Post
    I stick with keeping BAB as it is.
    Hrmmm, fair enough. The idea of dropping to average or poor for the remaining ACFs is reasonable I guess. My idea was to use a poor BAB for the Pure TK, but give them faaaaar better direct TK damage and more hands. I also thought that just making you count as using twice as many hands as you are, essentially doubling the effective power and/or utility per hand, instead of doubling the actual number (we can make them gain Con SCORE extra hands instead of con bonus at a certain level) so the ACF wouldn't need to double all the numbers and they'd potentially GAIN utility over the current model....
    We could also use average BAB for the ACF I made, I do realise you're not a fan...
    I am not a fan of the telepathy at all. It isn't the feel of a Telekineticist. Psycoportation could be something I could see.
    ...but others will be, and this is meant to be a class with options. I'm thinking I'll re-word it though, and give something akin to a psionic domain for this ACF, listing a granted power/ability augmentation and a list of powers gained for each of the psionic disciplines. That way you can choose to specialise in ANY of them, not just telepathy. I'll put that together for now, and post all discipline domains together in a day or two.

The options that are here could also be reworked so that you get 1 ability every other level and they kept their normal progressions...I say let's add more abilities. Or take what we have and improve it while adding more abilities.
    Yes, yes and yes. Thinking we should leave the domains seperate for now though. They feel more ACF than class option, and there's lots of other things we can do for class features. I'll see if I can compile a shortlist of the suggestions I've been given by my group, all of whom are kinda useless and refuse to come on here to help directly Bloody players...ruin all my fun...kill my npcs on a whim...fail to help brew stuff for their own benefit...grumble mumble groan...

Improve the Focused shield. Add shapeability, more area, add more damage, add some kind of other function perhaps...mess with sound waves for sonic damage and stuff or increase/decrease the molecules movement speed for fire/cold damage. Maybe add that to the wall...I really feel that we can do so much with the wall...
    This was a thought I had too, adding various elemental descriptors and add-on effects to the Focused Shield ability. I feel the basis of the Focused Shield is a core class ability, but all the upgrades and enhancements should be presented as options. That way everyone can make one, but no two Telekineticist shields are neccessarily entirely alike. Nice flavour to that, I like it at least.

Add something that manipulates gravity/air density. For example create singularities or repulsion fields. Or create the ability to increase the air density around you to simulate that of water (lots of fun penalties to through at people lol).
    This is all to do with battlefield control abilities, we can brainstorm some ideas on such and figure out progressions, sure. We need to aim for at least 3 options per level though, and of course allow people to take a bunch of early options instead if they should so wish.

EDIT: Thoughts on capstone change?
    I think the capstone should wait for the re-working. We can have a 'Capstone Enhancement' section for each ability tree, which comes into effect at level 20 as long as you took the whole ability tree (or enough to reach the Capstone Enhancement), that way each ability option lists the capstone, and negates the need to keep rewording/fiddling the capstone as we go. Also avoids marginalising any one option, anything can get better as long as you focused enough.

World Warper

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

I know its not about the subject and that Im being a troll... but what does PEACH mean? I know its a fruit but I belive its not what this is about...

I tried to look on th net but didnt found out...

14. - Top - End - #104

Please Examine And Critique Honestly

No worries dude, if more people asked, more people would know

World Warper

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

So with that being said, any PEACH? :)

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Before I go further into things I have to ask the following.

1) Is the Endurance on the table just a leftover from an earlier version or is it still somehow relevant?
    2) Telekinesis says that: "As a standard action he can perform a number of actions, referred to as 'hands', equal to 1/3 class levels (minimum 1) out to a range of 10ft/class level."
    Would that mean that if I have 3 hands (level 9) I could initiate 3 bullrushes as a standard action? Or can you still only do one action, but (if possible) assign more hands to it?
    My first foray into homebrew: The Circuit Mage

. /l 、
    ° (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Pudgy kitty needs more views

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bonehoarder - Necromantic Skeleton Shapeshifter
    Tahrven Millos - Arcane Hierophant
    Hordemaster Kordan - Ebon Initiate ... mostly
    Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Rooshkdor - Arrow Demon Archer
    Galen Medon - Batman?

17. - Top - End - #107

The 1st post hasn't been updated in a while, scroll up a few and you'll find the latest edit of the class in one of the spoilers above. It's right here:
    Spoiler
    Show

Game Rule Information:

The Telekineticist

6th|+6/+1|+2|+2|+5| Telekinetic Fighting: Lesser

10th|+10/+5|+3|+3|+7| Telekinetic Flight: Improved, Mind's Eye

12th|+12/+7/+2|+4|+4|+8| Far Trick, Ghostly Hand

16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+5|+5|+10| Far Trick, Telekinetic Fighting: Greater

19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+6|+6|+11| Martial Skill

[/table]

Class Skills

Least:

Lesser:
    At 6th level you may make a full attack with the weapon(s) you are wielding with Telekinetic Fighting. You may not make more attacks than you could with a single weapon, even if you have the Two Weapon Fighting or Multi-Attack feats, but you may spread your iterative attacks between weapons at no penalty, although the range penalty still applies. You may now hold a light or heavy shield with one Hand or a tower shield in two Hands. Such a shield may occupy any square including your own or those of your allies (but not an enemy's) and confers on anyone in that square the shield's AC bonus as a shield bonus to their own AC.

Improved:

Greater:
    At 16th level you no longer take the -2 to hit and -1 to damage for every 10ft between you and your weapon, but you are still limited to the range of your Hands. Also, as a standard action you may attack once with each weapon wielded by your Telekinetic Fighting. This is done with a single attack roll at your highest attack bonus, but takes a penalty to hit equal to the number of weapons being wielded -1.

Telekinetic Reach(SU): At third level, any weapon you are wielding with your Telekinetic Fighting threatens adjacent squares as normal for a weapon of it's type. If the weapon has the reach quality then calculate accordingly.

Far Trick(SU):Starting at 4th lvl when your powers start to mature, you gain the ability to make specific types of attacks within the range of your Hands. These work as normal except Charisma is used instead of any physical score, and your size bonus (or penalty) does not apply to these checks.

At 8th level you may attempt disarm attempts against foes. The penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/20ft.

At 12th level you may attempt trip attempts against foes. The penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/20ft, and the penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/40ft.

At 16th level you may attempt to grapple foes. The penalty for tripping is reduced to -1/20ft, the penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/40ft, and the penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/80ft.

Minds eye(SU): At 5th level, as a full round action you may gain blindsight out to half the range of your Hands until the end of your next turn. You must be psionically focused to do this.

At 20th level this ability no longer requires a Hand to maintain and is always active (even when you are not psionically focused).

Martial Skill (EX): You may not be a fighter, but you understand weapons of war.

At 5th level you gain two additional martial weapon proficiencies of your choice.

At 9th level you gain two more additional martial weapon proficiencies of your choice.

At 14th level you gain one additional martial weapon proficiency and one additional exotic weapon proficiency of your choice.

At 19th level you gain two additional exotic weapon proficiencies of your choice.

Telekinetic Flight(SU): You have finally mastered moving yourself using your Hands. One Hand is required to initiate and sustain flight. If you reach the duration of the ability, you immediately descend directly downwards at a rate equal to the fly speed (taking falling damage if you fail to reach solid ground in this distance) and become fatigued for 1d4 rounds. You may not initiate this ability if you are fatigued

At 7th level, you may fly at a speed of 30ft with perfect maneuverability for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom modifier. You may keep this flight up indefinitely by using three hands.

At 11th level, your fly speed increases to 40ft and you may stay aloft for a number of rounds equal to your Wisdom score. You only need two to keep this up indefinitely.

At 13th level, your fly speed increases to 60ft and may be sustained indefinitely with only one Hand.

Focused Shield(SU):At 9th level you may create a barrier with your Hands as a move action. Any unattended objects or projectiles (including spells which require an attack roll) are instantly stopped and cannot pass through. If a creature attempts to pass through, it suffers an immediate bullrush attack upon contact with the barrier, as if the barrier were a gargantuan creature with a Strength score equal to your Charisma score. If the barrier wins the opposed check, the creature is pushed back 5ft (but no more, since the barrier cannot move from the squares it has been placed in). If the creature wins, it forces it's way through the barrier, causing it to disperse.

Critical Thinking(EX): Starting at 11th level, you have learned how to wield a weapon in the most dangerous fashion.

At level 11 weapons with which you are proficient used in Force Blast get their normal critical threat range.

At level 18 all weapons wielded with Telekinetic Hands get their normal threat range and are treated as though you had Improved Critical. You do not actually gain the feat, and it does not count for prerequisites. This ability stacks in the same way as the feat.

Ghostly Hand(SU): At 12th level, your abilities become capable of affecting ethereal objects and enemies. Objects thrown using Force Blast must be ethereal to do so, but weapons wielded using Telekinetic Fighting are treated as being both corporeal and ethereal from now on.

At 17th level all your abilities can effect creatures and objects from any coterminous planes.

Disrupting Throw(SU): At 15th level, as an immediate action, you may attempt an attack of opportunity against any opponent up to 5ft/class level away. They must have just taken an action which would provoke an attack of opportunity were you adjacent to them, but you need not be threatening the opponent. You may use your Force Blast ability, or any of the abilities you know through Far Trick. This counts towards your attacks of opportunity for the round.

All your Telekinesis dependent abilities are now considered Extraordinary.

Your Disrupting Throw becomes a free action, still taking up an attack of opportunity per use. It may also be used anywhere within your Telekinesis range.

You count as using twice as many hands as you devote to Mental Strength for performing acts of manual dexterity.

ACFs

Pure Telekineticist.
    Spoiler
    Show

Replaces: Martial Skill, Telekinetic Fighting, Martial Weapon Proficiency, and Telekinetic Reach.

Benefit:The number of Hands you have is increased to 1 Hand/Class Level. The range of your telekinesis increases to 20ft/level.

Unarmed Telekineticist
    Spoiler
    Show

Benefit: You may generate weapons of pure force. These deal damage equal to 1d6/Hand force damage. They gain a bonus to hit and to damage equal to 1/2*Charisma Modifier*Invested Hands + 1. These are treated as weapons the Telekineticist is proficient with for all purposes. Their critical range is 20/x2.

Magic Items
    Miniature Boulder:
    This item is very useful to a Telekineticist. It has the dimensions of a marble, and weighs much the same.
    As a move action (or free action with the quick draw feat) the marble can be activated. After its activation, the marble can be made to weigh up to 500lb, always growing to a foot diameter sphere. Another move action is required to reduce it back down to marble size.
    The creator behind the class hasn't updated since his editors (DerTollUdo & myself) finished the last set of tweaks!

Some things may need more clarification, but it's a big idea!
    Last edited by Veklim; 2012-03-03 at 06:43 AM.

World Warper

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, lets go:

Basics: A d8 and Full-BaB clash a bit in my opinion, but seem okay. After all, the Telekineticist isn't supposed to be in the thick of things but good at fighting.

Good Will-Save is usual for a class like this and I don't see any problems.

Skills: Since he has potential for stealth and usually works from afar I'd consider adding some of the following (bold is what i consider more important): Hide, Move silently, Open Lock, Spot. Also, there is a "making knots in a rope, example but no 'Use Rope'? For shame.

Proficiencies: seems to be in order

BIG QUESTION:
    In a lot of the 'hand'-dependant abilities there are mentionings of "with a stndard action and such. Does this mean that you can only ever use one of those abilities at a time or can you combine them?

Example:
    Could a high level Telekineticist with say 8 hands, who moved and has a standard action left do the following:
    - Throw one rock (Force blast)
    - throw one force blast (force blast)
    - open a door (Mental Strenght) [Or hold up a grate if that fits better]
    - attack with the weapon one of the 'hand's is holding. (telekinetic fighting)
    - Initiate a bullrush against an enemy (far trick)
    with that one standard action?
    (this is just 5 hands but you see where I am going)
    Minor Question: Why are all those abilities Su? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to be psi-like?

Telekinetic Hands:
    The basis of the class. The revised number of hands works pretty well, giving you maybe 3 from the beginning and more later at a reasonable pace.

Mental Strenght:
    This seems a bit weird. Why the fixation on 3 hands for different things? Why not make a baseline for 1 hand and then allow increases.
    I could see the following:
    "Each hand may move a mass of 50lb/lvl at a speed of 30' per round. For every increase of the weight that is to be moved, the maximum speed is reduced accordingly. Any resulting speed of less than 5'/rd means the object cannot be moved.
    Example: Thomas, the third level Telekineticist has access to 4 hands and attempts to lift and transport the corpse of a large hill giant that his party has just slain. The hill giant weighs 600lb. One of Thomas' hands has a base capacity of 150lb at 30' at this point. this would allow him to move the hill giant at a speed of 5'/rd as the weight to move is 4 times the hand's base capability and as such he can only move it at quarter speed. In the same way, using 2 hands would allow him to pick up speed to 15'/rd and using all four would allow him to transport the giant at 30'/rd."
    While a bit mathy, this is D&d so most players will have a pretty good grasp on basic math anyway.

Same could be done with the indefinite holding, by just making the basic indefinite weight for one hand 10lb/lvl. That would mean a bit less at first, but isn't that bad and is easier to apply to large numbers of hands (thinking of pure telekineticist mostly).

Force Blast:
    Yikes, this can be monstrous.
    First thing though, you only mention multiple targets... is it possible to attack one target multiple times (with as many hands as you have)?
    If so, then the boulder-based form is too strong and the force-based form is okay.
    Overall the difference in damage output between those two is a bit wide. I can see the appeal in the force-version's nauseating capability, but with Full BAB and a good Charisma modifier, you can still hit reliably and if you have a form of supply of big things, you can do near disintegrate level damage against multiple targets.
    I am also not a fan of the 'one roll for all thing'. I can see where it might be helpful, but it can go terribly wrong on either side. A nat20 and suddenly all of them hit (they may not crit but they will hit), a string of bad rolls and you are virtually useless for severaly rounds.
    Personally I'd say to either tone down the damage of the physical one or up the damage of the force based one to 1d4/lvl.
    However, if you can attack one enemy multiple times, then I'd just say tone down the physiacl one's damage as its just insane.
    One thing though: Can you throw willing creatures? Can you throw unwilling creatures if they fail a certain number of saves (even if its, 'needs to fail: a will save to notice the force gathering, a reflex save to dodge said force, a fort save to resist said force, only then can it be thrown)? It would be hilarious.
    It would also be fun if you could apply more than one hand to a single throw allowing you to throw heavier stuff. So 25lb*hands/level.

Telekinetic Fighting:
    Overall I like this version of it, though its still far less useful compared to blasts in earlier levels. Its definitely a good way to provide flanking for your allies.
    Least:
    Virtually useless at level 2 as you don't even threaten until level 3. If you can combine actions as I described in my BIG Question it becomes a bit better. The conmod duration is very prohibitive and if you are fighting at longer range you eat a lot of penalties, to the point where, at lower levels, you might actually have a negative attack modifier. Considering how attacks are limited between different weapons, I don't really think the -2 on attack is all that necessary. Maybe a -1.
    Why not make it: As a standard action you may make a single attack with each weapon, but for every weapon you have more than one all attacks gain a cumulative -2 to their attack roll and a further -1 to their damage roll as you are forced to split your concentration between them. That would mechanically limit the usefulness of many weapons.
    Lesser:
    Now it becomes better, but considering that you still eat the penalties on the iteratives, it won't do much.
    With my example above of cumulative penalties with greater weapon numbers it might be feasible to allow full attacks for all weapons here (or limit it to one iterative if you fear multiclassing)
    The con-score limitation will most likely only apply rarely as a conscore of 14+ is nothing hard to aquire at this point and combat rarely lasts that long.
    Improved:
    The increase in attacks as it is now feels completely out of place as I don't think most Telekineticists would go into the feat intensive two weapon fighting tree.
    Larger weapons are always fun and I expect people to start running around with colossal greatsword (or maybe riding on them as mental strenght only says you can't use it on yourself but nothing about using it on something that supports you).
    In the vein of my alterante idea, i guess this would be a good point to reduce the muliweapon penalty to attack to a -1 i guess. (Mostly because by now range is so large that even with only a -1/10' you are already eating a lot of penalty at moderate range).
    Greater:
    I'd keep it as it is only I'd allow one attack per weapon without penalty.
    Overall:
    I know that my ideas make this ability a lot stronger than the total of some pure fighting classes, but its mostly due to the fact that as it stands now, its inferior to force blast in most ways.

Telekinetic Reach:
    Absolutely necessary to make the Least fighting more useful.

Far trick:
    I assume all of those go normally but without negative aspects:
    Example: Grapple still needs touch attack, can't be tripped back on failure etc.
    I am kinda sad that grappling comes so late but all of them are great.
    A way to apply more hands (maybe a cumulative bonus of +2/hand or +chamod/2 per hand to checks [not attack rolls needed])
    Otherwise this is one of the reasons why I found this class so interesting.

Mind's eye:
    This (like the later telefighting abilities) creates another question within the BIG QUESTION. If I don't do anything else, could I use anything that requires a fullround action or less?
    Example: I don't move (aside from 5ft step) and now i can get blindsight and force blast in the same round (since the latter only takes a standard). I move and I can still blast and mental strenght something but blindsight is closed to me.
    On the actual ability itself. Blindsight is always awesome, especially at the extreme range this grants (especially pure telekineticists). What would stop this as its not hearing or telepathy based? The only thing I can come up with is antimagic, catapsi or similar.

Martial Skill:
    Don't know how useful this would be, but its a minor bump, so its nice.

Telekinetic Flight:
    Flight is always useful and the necessities for keeping it up are nicely paced.
    One question though: If you keep up flying with hands, then land and 'retract' the hands, would you still be fatigued?

Focused Shield:
    A pure Telekineticist can make himself immune to projectiles by level 12 (20'x20' area with walls and ceiling), earlier if the DM allows shields that go through the middle of a square (then its level 5).
    Overall this is great, especially in dungeons if lost of enemies are coming towards you as you can just make staggered shields down a corridor to act like as a sluice like the big orange energy fields in the final battle of the phantom menace.
    Especially useful against flying enemies with limited (average or lower) maneuverability as they might get rebuffed, now can't fly onwards and start falling.
    The extra damage option is nice, but I don't think its going to be used often, except maybe in the dungeon example.

Critical Thinking:
    See me throw colossal falchions. But more seriously, this is good, but in most cases the weapon option is dwarved damage wise by the 'Throw trees, boulders or cows' option.

Ghostly Hands:
    What are coterminous planes? The only thing I can guess is that while on the material plane you can affect both ethereal and shadow, when on ethereal you can affect material and the same for being on shadow.
    Otherwise, good increase in versatility, though I guess the force version of force blast would have affected ethereal beings before as well as its a force effect.

Disrupting Throw:
    Useful, but since spellcasters at this point can cast defensively in their sleep it probably won't work more than once against them, still nice for other stuff though as its a nice instant battlefield control ability.

Master of the Far Hand:
    Great Capstone.
    You now laugh at attempts to restrict your actions.
    Disrupting throw now means you better have combat reflexes and an okay dexterity. If so, enemies will absolutely hate you.
    You're fast, and can reliably make enemies stumble so often each round its not even funny.
    The last bit seems a bit out of place as its pretty much unimportant at this point.

--------------------------------------------
    ACFs

Pure Telekineticist:
    A bit worse early on as he doesn't get as many hands in the first few levels but great later on. Losing telekinetic fighting is sad, but as its written now, its not that great a loss honestly.

Unarmed Telekineticist:

Very Interesting, though the damage formula is weird. I guess you meant:
    0.5*chamod*(hands+1). This would lead to chamod damage for one hand and each subsequent hand increasing that by half chamod.
    This is probably the better heavy hitter. He doesn't need to carry around swords, is never truly disarmed and can split his attention at any point. (and there is no movement limit for the weapons as he can just dismiss them as a free action and rebuild them at the new point). And you get cumulative bonuses to attack with more hands.
    Honestly, the loss of medium armor proficiency is a small price to pay for this upgrade.

-------------------------------------------

Miniature Boulder:
    Interesting, but potentially gamebreaking. Everyone using these will take quickdraw if they can. Then in the first round of combat you suddenly have half a dozen or more heavy projectiles around you and wreak havoc.
    If these were to be implemented they'd have to be pretty expensive to balance the ease with which they alleviate the ammo problem of the telekineticist.

Whew, thats it so far. I hope I didn't miss things. Well Wild talent maybe, buts thats just for psionic focus, which is generally unnecessary anyway as nothing you have expends it as far as I can see.

. /l 、
    ° (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Galen Medon - Batman?

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Thank you for posting your questions, I will get to them later when I get time lol.

Quick note, you cannot do multiple abilities if you don't have the actions. that is game breaking. All the abilities should state that they have an action requirement. If you have the action available you can use it, otherwise no.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah yes, but thats not what I meant.

Force Blast for example says that you can do as many blasts as you have hands.
    Further, lets say you have 7 hands (all of which are currently unoccupied) and there are only 8 enemies.
    You throw one force based blast at three of them (you are just trying to nauseate the most imposing ones).
    Now you have 4 hands idling.

The ability you just used (force blast) has an action cost of a standard action.
    Could you now occupy the idling 4 hands with other abilities that also cost a standard action or less?
    Theoretically that shouldn't be that big a problem since its only a difference between blasting something or doing something else, you are still using the same hands.
    So with the idling 4 hands you could try to initiate a mental strenght movement. That also costs a standard action to initiat iirc.

. /l 、
    ° (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Galen Medon - Batman?

21. - Top - End - #111

Firstly, NOOO!!!! You can't activate 2 different standard action abilities with the same standard action, that's called a baaaaad idea! You can split up your hands to different targets or focus multiple hands on one target with equal ease, but only with a single ability at once.

TK fighting excels with battlefield control within a group, force blast is for selfish combat more than group play. Depends on your immediate preference and the situation. Idea is, these guys can adapt their tactics to encompass group dynamics AND awkward encounters.

The multiple attacks at a single target should be clarified. When I originally editted the class, I made a few assumptions, most of which seemed right but a couple of things got lost in translation. The idea is this:
    You can make multiple attacks with force blast, for each additional target you take a -2 penalty. If you attack a single target with 3 hands, and another target with 2, then you take a -2 penalty to the single attack roll, and apply that to both targets. The reason it's only 1 attack roll is because the idea is an all or nothing approach. The more you split up the attacks, the more likely you are to miss everything, this is absolutely fine considering you could potentially strike every enemy in a combat with a single standard action. This class isn't a melee build, it's not a blaster build, it's oddly somewhere between the two, and I believe the balance works OK. Clarification is needed though, certainly.

I've considered making feats which would allow a small amount of merging abilities (2 standard action abilities may be used as a full round action, two move actions become a standard, blah, blah, blah!). Not sure about balance, would have to look carefully at the numbers.

With regards to the (Su) thing, it's bang in line with soulknife, which is as close as WotC got to this type of 'specialist psion' class. It's not really imitating any one power, so psi-like isn't really appropriate. If you want some psi-like stuff, then gimme a few days, I'll be creating a series of ACF options for 'psionic discipline domains', the first of which is already done here:
    The Mentalist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not only do you have the ability to warp the physical world with your mind, but you can warp the mental state of others too.

Change the Telekineticist's BAB to average progression (like a cleric). You are not as martially minded as other Telekineticists, but your understanding of your powers stretch to the abstract far more than others.

Warp Mindstate.
    Replaces: Telekinetic Reach, Martial Skill, Critical Thinking.
    At 1st level you start to gain a number of Psi-Like abilities as you progress, as listed below. Each ability requires a number of hands to be used, equal to the level of the power simulated. Hands used this way are considered used until the beginning of your next turn.
    1st level. Psionic Charm. Usable 3+ con modifier times per day.
    3rd level. Psionic Suggestion. Usable 2+ con modifier times per day.
    5th level. Hostile Empathic Transfer. Usable 1+ con modifier times per day.
    7th level. Psionic Dominate. Usable con modifier times per day.
    9th level. Mind Probe. Usable con modifier -1 times per day.

Power Overwhelming
    Replaces: Far Trick
    At 4th level you gain the ability to augment your Warp Mindstate with additional hands. Each additional hand counts as 2 power points for this purpose. You begin being able to use only 1 additional hand in this way. You may use another additional hand for every 4 levels thereafter (2 extra at 8th, 3 at 12th, etc, to a maximum of 5 additional hands at 20th.)

Mind's Eye
    Your Mind's eye ability gains the following enhancement:
    You may improve your Mind's Eye ability with the use of an additional hand. You gain the effects of the Read Thoughts power with 2 differences:
    The area becomes that of your Mind's Eye ability.
    Creatures with an intelligence of 26 or higher (and at least 10 points higher than your own intelligence score) no longer stun you if they are read. Instead, you simply cannot comprehend the thoughts you read and therefore gain no effect for the purposes of these creatures.

Master of the Unseen/Far Hand (whichever one bobthe6th chooses!)
    Remove this line from the ability:
    "You no longer take range penalties to your far tricks."
    Add this line to the ability:
    You count as using two more hands when augmenting your Warp Mindstate abilities (so if you were to augment with 2 extra hands, you would count as having used 4 extra hands instead).

Use rope is a silly omission, and perhaps hide, spot and open lock would be amusing, but I dunno....leave that to bobthe6th to decide methinks!

The idea of a +2/additional hand had crossed my mind already, but I'm afraid it may become FAR too much at later levels, for instance a PureTK deciding at level 12 that he'd like to grapple that dragon over there, and pinning it without breaking a sweat....

Thankyou for the PEACH though dude, stick around a while and we'll try and iron out the creases for you!

World Warper

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the big reason I asked about multiple abilities per action was that the Telekineticist is otherwise somewhat sad when confronted with few enemies.

Once you have more hands than enemies it becomes just a bit boring in my mind.
    Lets say you have 5 hands and 5 enemies and you decide to use Far Trick. Assuming you don't have any hands currently occupied, you need to attack all of them with far trick or you waste ressources. Especially the pure Telekineticist could get that problem later on as usually theres only so many shields that are useful and you have a ton of hands, certainly more than there are usually enemies.
    It also hinders Telekinetic Fighting. If you do anything else, the best you now can do with your weapons is move them into new flanking positions and if you fight with them, any idle hands you have in reserve for blasting are useless this round.

I guess the fact that the shields are a move action to create alleviates some of that problem but it still feels weirdly restrictive.

Of course, in the vein of the other abilities, you could impose yet another penalty if you use multiple abilities at once (the customary -2 on all rolls of all abilities for any ability more than one that you use with the same action).
    Last edited by Re'ozul; 2012-03-04 at 02:49 AM.

. /l 、
    ° (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Galen Medon - Batman?

23. - Top - End - #113

Quote Originally Posted by Re'ozul View Post
    Well, the big reason I asked about multiple abilities per action was that the Telekineticist is otherwise somewhat sad when confronted with few enemies.
    You actually make a reasonable point with this, I'm so very wary of allowing multiple ability actions, but then again there's the duskblade...we're never gonna be that bad so maybe a change could happen...

Of course, in the vein of the other abilities, you could impose yet another penalty if you use multiple abilities at once (the customary -2 on all rolls of all abilities for any ability more than one that you use with the same action).
    Hrmmm...so Hands needs an adendum:
    Whenever you take an action with your hands, as a full round action you may elect to use any other hand ability with an equal or shorter action time at a cumulative -2 penalty per extra action. For instance, Jimmy is a 12th level Telekineticist with 7 Hands, he chooses to use 3 of those hands to pick up weapons to aid in flanking with his friends (a standard action) and uses another 3 Hands to bullrush a closing pack of enemies (another standard action). He would have to make all attack and opposed rolls for each of these actions at an additional -2, because his attention is split between 2 different abilities. If he also wished to use his last hand to make a focused shield in this time, the penalties for multiple actions would increase to -4 to all rolls.

Something like that yeah? Made it a full round action because otherwise you'll have people using TK fighting, force blast and far trick in one standard action, then putting up focused shields and shifting weapon positions as a move action. That just seems like too much. Thinking about introducing a feat to drop far trick to a move action and focused shield to a swift action maybe con mod/day uses? We need a few feats to give a TK some options, otherwise they have only fighting style feats to chose from if they want any obvious effect on the class.

World Warper

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure, thats okay.

Especially considering that once you have it, theshields are something extra anyway. If you are focusing on one thing with most hands, you still have the shield option in reserve if it doesn't work as long as you left some hands idling.

And considering that the telekinetic once he has shields won't move that much anyway, the fullround action is a good limitation and means a more tactical orientation.
    If you want to do lots of different things, you best be somewhere where they can't backfire on you if they fail.

I like it.

While the idea of using feats to allow lesser action access to some abilities for a limited number of times is certainly good and could be a good feats investment, it would most likely be like the metamagic SLA feats a warlock can take. Situational useful, and nice to have on paper, but most often you probably won't need them.
    By all means, write them up, especially anything needing a swift action. Or maybe you could make it a feat tree for action reduction. That could actually work even better and make it more interesting for players.
    Last edited by Re'ozul; 2012-03-04 at 10:02 AM.

. /l 、
    ° (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Galen Medon - Batman?

25. - Top - End - #115

By all means, write them up, especially anything needing a swift action. Or maybe you could make it a feat tree for action reduction. That could actually work even better and make it more interesting for players.
    That right there is a sweet and simple option, nice idea.

Telekinetic Focus
    Requirements: Telekinetic Hands class feature, must chose one of the following abilities; Mental Strength, Force Blast, Far Trick
    Benefit: You may use the chosen ability as a move action a number of times per day equal to your constitution modier. You may not do so more than once per round.
    Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time it applies to a new ability.

I will have more later!

You need to keep prodding things at me, my half-brain is working now!

World Warper

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

One thing I didn't put in my main post was something about mental strenght.

It seems to be sustainable. That means enemy creatures should probably get a will save each turn to resist the movement, especially considerung that "up" apparently is a viable direction to move them in.

Though I have to admit, most abilities make me think way too much of Elfen Lied. Then again, most here are not as brutal as the vectors in that show.

. /l 、
    ° (゚、 。 7
    .  l、゙~ヽ
      じ しf_, )ノ

Active Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keldan Tamron - Trivoker
    Galen Medon - Batman?

27. - Top - End - #117

It should read gets a save each turn, that's an accidental oversight on my behalf.

It really is VERY Elfen Lied isn't it? Took me a while to put my finger on what it reminded me of though! I toyed with suggesting the force blast be replaced for the unarmed TK ACF with a slashing damage for hands, but decided against it in the end because it would either be horrifically OP or just not good enough to be faking Elfen Lied, alas!

OK, here are the 3 feats then, nice little tree which can work equally well for Mental Strength, Force Blast or Far Trick, adding to your action economy and improving their use ever so slightly.

TK Focus
    Requirements: Telekinetic Hands class feature, must chose one of the following abilities; Mental Strength, Force Blast, Far Trick
    Benefit: You may use the chosen ability as a move action a number of times per day equal to your constitution modier. You may not do so more than once per round.
    Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time it applies to a new ability.

TK Specialisation
    Requirements: TK Focus, Telekineticist level 4+
    Benefits: The penalty taken when combining your TK Focus ability with another action as part of a full round action is reduced to -1, but only for the chosen ability. You may use extra hands with your TK Focus ability to gain a bonus to any damage and opposed rolls at a rate of +2/additional hand, these extra hands are considered used until the end of the action.
    Special: This feat may be taken multiple times, each time it applies to a new ability for which you have TK Focus

TK Supremacy
    Requirements: TK Focus, TK Specialisation, Telekineticist level 12+
    Benefits: The ability for which you have TK Specialisation and Focus is now considered a move action to use. You may use it as a swift action a number of times per day equal to your constitution modifier. You may not do so more than once per round.
    Special: This feat may be taken multiple times, each time it applies to a new ability for which you have TK Specialisation.

See any particular troubles with that lot?

World Warper

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

New ability suggestion:

Singularity(SU):
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a standard action, you may draw enemies to a designated point. This point may effect any or all creatures (not objects, although undead are susceptible) within 30' of the center point.
    To do so, you must use one Hand (the singularity) + one Hand per target (the gravity) and each target may not be more than 50lbs/level. Upon using this ability, you must make a ranged touch attack against the target to 'grab' them with a hand, then the target must succeed on a Fort save or be drawn to to point. You may use more Hands per target to increase the saves and weight limit for this ability at an additional +5 Fort DC per Hand used for the target and +50lbs per Hand used for the target.

If they get drawn to the point, they are held there until they can pass a Fort save with an added difficulty of +2 per additional target caught in the singularity.

Upon collision with another target at the center point, each target takes bludgeoning damage equal to 2d6/10' each target traveled. For example, there are 3 targets. 1 travels 20' 2 travels 10' and 3 travels 30'. Upon collision at the center they each take 6d6 bludgeoning damage.

For each round, on the start of their turn that they begin in the singularity, each target will take 5d6 crushing damage as the force holding them applies pressure. You may invest more hands in the singularity, to increase the damage they take by an addition 5d6/Hand.

Thoughts?

Also, class retype with Hands addition for multiple actions, as that increases versatility, also I am just going to include the capstone modification that doubles the hands you gain from the class and feats as it really makes the capstone just shine :)

Spoiler
    Show

Special thanks to VEKLIM and DerTollUdo for editing. It was a lot messier before.

Game Rule Information:

The Telekineticist

6th|+6/+1|+2|+2|+5| Telekinetic Fighting: Lesser, Far Trick

10th|+10/+5|+3|+3|+7| Telekinetic Flight: Improved, Mind's Eye, Far Trick

12th|+12/+7/+2|+4|+4|+8| Ghostly Hand

16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+5|+5|+10| Telekinetic Fighting: Greater

19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+6|+6|+11| Martial Skill, Singularity

[/table]

Class Skills

The Telekineticist's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are; Auto Hypnosis(Con), Balance(Dex), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Escape artist(Dex), Hide(Dex), Knowledge (Psionics)(Int), Open Lock(Dex), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Slight of hand(Dex), Spot(Wis), Tumble(Dex), Use Psionic Device(Cha), Use Rope(Dex), and Psicraft (Int).

Whenever you take an action with your hands, you may opt to instead make it a full round action. If you do so, you may use any other hand ability at the same time that has an equal or shorter action time at a cumulative -2 penalty for all rolls or saving throws involved in the actions per extra action taken.

For instance, Jimmy is a 12th level Telekineticist with 7 Hands, he chooses to use 3 of those hands to pick up weapons to aid in flanking with his friends (a standard action) and uses another 3 Hands to bullrush a closing pack of enemies (another standard action). He would have to make all attack and opposed rolls for each of these actions at an additional -2, because his attention is split between 2 different abilities. If he also wished to use his last hand to make a focused shield in this time, the penalties for multiple actions would increase to -4 to all rolls.

Mental Strength(SU): The Telekineticist can move an object with his mind, or perform some act of manual dexterity at any distance within the range of his Hands as a standard action.

He may move up to 50lb/level at a rate of 30' per action, objects up to 100lb/level at a rate of 20' per action, and objects up to 150lb/level at a rate of 10' per action. You may add additional Hands to increase the speed by 10' per Hand.

These movements are not limited in direction, but do have a limited duration. The Telekineticist can maintain pressure for up to wisdom modifier rounds, after that the object drops to the ground and the Telekineticist is fatigued for 1d4 rounds. You may not initiate this ability if you are fatigued. If you cease pressure, and do not use any ability requiring Telekinetic Hands for a full round, the duration you may keep this up is reset.

Creatures may be moved in this way, but they get a will save to negate the effects each round. Any movement from this ability provokes attacks of opportunity as normal. The Telekineticist may not use this ability on himself.

Objects weighing 25lb + 25lb/3 levels may be maintained without limit with one Hand. You may invest more Hands to sustain 25lbs/level per invested Hand without limit.

You may also focus this ability in an attempt to rip the target apart from the inside. As a standard action, you may attack one target with 1 blast per Hand you wish to use, or you may split up the targets per Hand you use.

The Telekineticist makes a single standard ranged touch attack (in the case of multiple targets, this result is applied to each target separately, with a -2 penalty for each target after the first). This attack deals 1D4/class level force damage and the target must succeed on a fortitude save or be nauseated for 1D4 rounds. This ability only functions within the range of your Hands. This ability effects objects.

You may not launch creatures with this ability.

Least:

The Telekineticist suffers -1 to hit for every 10ft increment between the weapon and The Telekineticist, and a -1 to damage for every 20ft increment between the weapon and The Telekineticist, to a maximum of the range of his Hands. He may maintain this effect for a number of rounds equal to his constitution score per encounter.

Lesser:
    At 6th level you may make a full attack with the weapon(s) you are wielding with Telekinetic Fighting. You may not make more attacks than you could without your Telekinetic Hands, but you may spread your iterative attacks between weapons at no penalty, although the range penalty still applies. You may now hold a light or heavy shield with one Hand or a tower shield in two Hands. Such a shield may occupy any square including your own or those of your allies (but not an enemy's) and confers on anyone in that square the shield's AC bonus as a shield bonus to their own AC.

Improved:
    As a standard action you may attack once with each weapon wielded by your Telekinetic Fighting. This is done with a single attack roll at your highest attack bonus, but takes a penalty to hit equal to the number of weapons being wielded -1.
    You may wield a weapon of a larger size category than you normally could for your size. For every size category larger than normal, the weapon requires an additional Hand to wield, these Hands do not add extra damage, but you may add further Hands to do so.

Greater:
    At 16th level you no longer take the distance penalties for the distance between you and your weapon, but you are still limited to the range of your Hands. Also, as a fullround action, you may attack with each weapon you hold with Hands up to the number of attacks granted from you BAB for each weapon plus any extra attacks granted from feats or weapon enchantments.

At 6th level you may attempt disarm attempts against foes. The penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/20ft.

At 8th level you may attempt trip attempts against foes. The penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/20ft, and the penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/40ft.

At 10th level you may attempt to grapple foes. The penalty for tripping is reduced to -1/20ft, the penalty for disarming is reduced to -1/40ft, and the penalty for breaking down doors and bull rushing is reduced to -1/80ft.

Telekinetic Flight(SU): You have finally mastered moving yourself using your Hands. One Hand is required to initiate and sustain flight. If you reach the duration of the ability, you immediately descend directly downwards at a rate equal to the fly speed (taking falling damage if you fail to reach solid ground in this distance) and become fatigued for 1d4 rounds. You may not initiate this ability if you are fatigued If you cease flying, and do not use any ability requiring Telekinetic Hands for a full round, the duration you may keep this up is reset.

You may invest 1 more Hand to increase the damage dealt to 1D6/class level. For each additional Hand invested in this fashion you may add 1D6/class level.

You may invest 1 additional Hand to shape the Shield. All parts must be touching.

You may invest additional Hands to increase the size of the shield at a rate of 5'x5' per Hand. Thus with 1 extra Hand it is a 15' pane, 2 becomes 20' and so on.

At level 18 all objects wielded with Telekinetic Hands get their normal threat range and are treated as though you had Improved Critical. You do not actually gain the feat, and it does not count for prerequisites. This ability stacks in the same way as the feat.

Singularity(SU):As a standard action, you may draw enemies to a designated point. This point may effect any or all creatures (not objects, although undead are susceptible) within 30' of the center point.
    To do so, you must use one Hand (the singularity) + one Hand per target (the gravity) and each target may not be more than 50lbs/level. Upon using this ability, you must make a ranged touch attack against the target to 'grab' them with a hand, then the target must succeed on a Fort save or be drawn to to point. You may use more Hands per target to increase the saves and weight limit for this ability at an additional +5 Fort DC per Hand used for the target and +50lbs per Hand used for the target.

If they get drawn to the point, they are held there until they can pass a Fort save with an added difficulty of +2 per additional target caught in the singularity.

Upon collision with another target at the center point, each target takes bludgeoning damage equal to 2d6/10' each target traveled. For example, there are 3 targets. 1 travels 20' 2 travels 10' and 3 travels 30'. Upon collision at the center they each take 6d6 bludgeoning damage.

For each round, on the start of their turn that they begin in the singularity, each target will take 5d6 crushing damage as the force holding them applies pressure. You may invest more hands in the singularity, to increase the damage they take by an addition 5d6/Hand.

All your class abilities are now considered Extraordinary.

You no longer take range penalties to your Telekinetic Fighting.

The Telekinetic Hands gained through class levels and feats is doubled from this point on.

ACFs

Pure Telekineticist.
    Spoiler
    Show

Unarmed Telekineticist
    Spoiler
    Show

Benefit: You may generate weapons of pure force. These deal damage equal to 1d6/Hand force damage. They gain a bonus to hit and to damage equal to 1/2*Charisma Modifier*(Invested Hands + 1). These are treated as weapons the Telekineticist is proficient with for all purposes. Their critical range is 20/x2.

Special: Can be applied with the Pure Telekineticist ACF

Magic Items
    Miniature Boulder:

Also, subtle changes to Unarmed, more added to cap, Critical thinking tweaked, expanded on the Focused Shield, Modified TK Fighting to make it better as it was weak, added a line to strength and flight about resetting duration, changed the levels that you get the Far Tricks since some arrived really late..., amped force blast, put myself in the edit credits, added singularity to level 19 (thoughts on that?).

Also, will begin playtesting this class today. I will start at level 13 though, so I won't be able to speak on early game balance...

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

revamp added to the OP

Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Sweet! Keep in mind, the one you put up has changes that I made without really asking the others, for example reword abilities and even added one and changed the capstone. I am clearly in favor of these, but do keep it in mind.