Hazuki - Iren Durzo (0)
    Algerin - Skyler (0)
    EdroGrimshell - Jessica Readman(0)
    Overlord Rion - Janus Itzal (0)
    Ecksdee - Reginaa Greyson (0)

Jason Mc'Carren & Alexander Morton
    Spoiler
    Show

The last you remember is going through that window, the dark figure having escaped you, you feel lost, alone, and oddly cold. Taking in the sights you notice something, unusual. The place is normal, but not so. The buildings, the streets, the people, they all look the same as they would in any London city, but they were different. Everything was old, or rather, antique. It was as if you fell a half-century back in time. The cars, what few there were, were of a model you had only seen in museums, the street lamps were a more classic build, even the store-signs were... unique. But what stood out most were the people. No one dressed the same, or rather too few people did. Some looked dressed in period clothing, others in more modern outfits, and some in entirely foreign clothes. Wherever you had landed, it was most definitely not Kansas anymore. Next to you, only a few yards off, was a man much like yourself. Lost, confused, and definitely not from this strange world. Behind him was a door, more modern in designed, he must have come through it, perhaps the same as you did with your window? One blink of your eyes however and both your window, and this man's doorway seem to fade to nothing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They were after you, you had to get away, you had to run. But where? That's when you saw the door. Where else could you go? There was no other choice. The knob felt cold, unnaturally so, but you barely had time to notice, not before being ushered into a waking nightmare. The land you left was nothing like this new world you saw, and yet startlingly the same. The buildings were all as you'd expect them, however everything was old. It was as if you fell a half-century back in time. The cars, what few there were, were of a model you had only seen in museums, the street lamps were a more classic build, even the store-signs were... unique. But what stood out most were the people. No one dressed the same, or rather too few people did. Some looked dressed in period clothing, others in more modern outfits, and some in entirely foreign clothes. Appearing only a few feet away from you was a man similar to yourself. He looked lost, bewildered, and definitely not from this alien world. The man stood among a pile of glass, a recently shattered window sitting behind him. As soon as you blinked however both your door, and this window, were gone.

Irene Durzo & Skyler
    Spoiler
    Show

Irene Durzo, that's your name, right? The memories, so many memories, sometimes it was hard to sort through them. But no matter what, you could never forget, ever. You reached for the door, it opened with so much ease, so simple, so smooth, so... alluring. Everything was a blur, it had happened so fast. You fell through, as if the ground swallowed you hole. You fell and fell, if you screamed, you couldn't hear it. If you were scared, that is perhaps one of the things you don't remember. It was darkness, cold, unforgiving, oddly peaceful darkness. And from the blackness rose a small light. A pocket lighter, you think, it's tiny flame burning a small field of vision into the completely black void. You look to your feet, still too dark to see. You felt... wet... and it smelled horrible. Were you in a sewer? You think so, it would explain the stench and the gross semi-liquids rushing past your feet. You felt as if you were going to vomit, and there was the light. Floating just yards away, taunting you. Who was holding it? Were they a friend, an enemy, both?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You ran from the F***ING psycho. It was just a fix, that was all, and this guy was going to kill you over it? It was bull, you had to admit. But wasn't all of your life so far? What was the last happy thing you remember, the last pure thought not spawned from a high? Right now you couldn't bother to care, you had other problems. You ran, and ran, and ran. Soon things got confusing, it was dark, you had walked into a sewer? It's all you could guess, the place was pitch black, the water rushing past your feet was thick, and the smell was horrific. You dig in your pocket for a moment, revealing a pocket lighter, perfect for the on-the-go blaze. Right now though, it served as a useful tool. You heard the soft metal *click*, and set to exploring your surroundings. You were definitely in a sewer, but where? and how? And then you heard it, a soft *splash* somewhere not too far off, a couple yards at most.

Janus Itzel & Melavon
    Spoiler
    Show

The games, always about the games. You had something important to do tomorrow. What was it? You couldn't seem to remember. But you were lost, both mentally and physically. The games. You loved to play your games, it was so much better then school, or chores, or family. Then why were those men stalking who? Who were they? Your attention was off sure, but how did they get so close to you? And... why are they wearing such strange outfits? They seemed dressed like British police, what were they called? Bobbies? You can't recall. The man continue to follow you, faster, faster, soon your attention is free, for once in your life. The game left behind, you break out into a run. You run and run, and you hope to lose these men. You go through a door in an ally-way, probably not your best move, but what was inside was FAR stranger. You were in a tent, it was clearly the inside of a large tent, like a circus tent, or a bazaar. There were so many people, and so many strange and curious vendors. You could blend in here, easily. So very easily...
    You bumped into a stranger, who was he? He was... older then you, that much was clear. But who was this man? Why did you feel close to him, you didn't know him, you would never consider it to be an... erm... attraction to an older male, so what was it about this person that was so... alluring?

The cops, you think they were cops, yeah sure, lets call them cops for now, that'll keep you sane at least, that's the good news. The cops were gone, you think, you're pretty sure, ya... ya they are. But... where were you? All around you it was like one massive tent. A circus tent? A bazaar? Kinda like a huge flea market. So many people, all wearing such varying clothing. Some had robes, others turbans, others fancy dress wear, you even saw what looked like a classic American Civil War militia man! It was so surreal... were you dreaming? No, your awake, you had to be awake, you can't sleep, that's just silly, isn't it? Then what was all this, some weird convention? All around you smelled curious scents, saw amazing sights, and heard some fascinating noises. The place had hundreds of vendors, perhaps thousands of performers, and even millions of shoppers. It was so strange, so... beautiful?
    And then you ran into this kid. He wasn't too young, of course not, that's silly, why would a young boy be all alone in such a weird place? He was a teenager to be sure. He was distracted, much like yourself, but he seemed... constant. His mind had a... felling. You could sense what this boy felt almost perpetually. He was always distracted, on a game, on a challenge, on.. anything but real life. It felt so weird to see life through this kids eyes. He looked at you, a bit startled, but then calmed. You felt almost comfortable yourself. Why did this kid seem so familiar? He wasn't a friend, a nephew, or a bastard child.... so Who was he?

Jessica Readman & Reginaa Greyson
    Spoiler
    Show

You can remember her crying clearly. Why so clearly? She wasn't here with you, was she? Your sister was gone, you had to believe that. Then why did you hear her? A baby was crying so loudly, it hurt your ears, your mind couldn't handle the stress, it just wanted to stop, just wanted to sleep.... yes... sleep, you could feel so peaceful if you just...shut... your... eyes. NO! You had to stay awake, you don't know why, it was... weird... alien even, the idea was insane, but you HAD to stay awake. That's when you met the cutest little girl in all the world. She was precious, was... was she your sister? No, your sister was only an infant. But this girl could be her, so easily, just maybe ten years older. The young girl, dressed in a fancy white dress and wearing a bit too much makeup for her age, she was adorable. She looked like a prep-school kid, which would make sense, you were in a prep school, wait weren't you? Right behind you were the lockers, and right across from you was the water fountain. You remember this place, yeah, you do... This was... what was this? It was so strange, everything was so weird, where were you, why were you here, and what the hell was making that damned crying?!
    It was torture, always so much torture. The visions. So much pain, so much horror, so much death. Why always so much death? It was sick, you hated it, and yet you reveled in it. It was morbid, and so beautiful. Just like the art you were doing now. Such beautiful models. The bodies the little girls brought you were fantastic. The last thing you remember was following your mother, or, what was left of her. Then you ended up here... what was here? WHERE was here? You can't remember, it's all a blur. You remember the girls though, the sweet, innocent little girls. All dressed in white school dresses, none of them were much older then ten, maybe eleven, and only as young as eight. Every day, was it a day? A week maybe, no, no it was a day. Every day they brought you a new "model". The bodies were so well preserved, so... fresh. Why were they so fresh? You wanted to vomit, it was starting to come back to you, which made your head hurt worse. But... but.. you couldn't say no to those cute little smiles, those adorable, sharp teeth, those....those... What was all this? A sewing needle was in your hand, a saw in the other, this model was... was she alive?! No, you were seeing things, she wasn't struggling, it was your imagination, and it was SOOO much fun. And those girls... those adorable girls.... you don't want to disappoint them.... do you?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Don't Rest Your Head (IC)

Looking at the fella with the door that faded away, Jason can't stop feeling the urge to go talk with the guy.

''Hey! did you just see a strange... um... cloaked figure run off with my girlfriend in 'it's' hands?'' He asks the gu, while slowly aproaching him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Discipline: 3
    Exhaustion: 0
    Madness: 0
    Hope Tokens: 0
    Spoiler
    Show

My Name Is... Jason Mc'Carran
    And I Am... A successful investor

What's Been Keeping You Awake?
    Investments, investments and last but not least... Investments. I have neglected my girlfriend, sleep and my friends for the sake of money.

What Just Happened To You?
    The breaking of glass is heard from the bedroom, my girlfriend screaming and the horrorfying sound of a low ragged breathing. I run towards the bedroom and sees a dark figure... it's carrying my girlfriend towards the window where the red moon shines in through the, now glass-missing window, and the dark figure jumps out of it. I follow right on it's tail, first now realizing that this isn't the city I live in...

What's On The Surface?
    a Calm, collected, well-mannered guy in his late 20's.

What Lies Beneath?
    a trustworthy guy who is quite obsessed with money, though he is trying to change his that hunger for money. he's steadfast and determined, not easily fooled and he's not an easy person to scare.

What's Your Path?
    Rescue my girlfriend from whatever took her.

Responses:

Fight
    Flight
    Flight

Exhaustion Talent:
    Calculating Mind - Jason is supreme with number and tactical thinking.

Madness Talent:
    Always prepared - Whatever the situation, Jason seems to always have what it is he needs (1-6 madness Dice, pending the acute need of the item).

Scars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    Jessica pressed her hands to her head, her mind a jumble of half remembered thoughts and emotions, she remembered something happening after her brief, trance-like state of almost-sleep, a crack and the crying of her sister stopping suddenly, jolting her into full wakefullness. She ran to the room and saw the crib overturned and her sister gone, then, something in the corner of her eye grew, and she knew only darkness, until now.

Her attention snapped back to the present and she looked hazily at the little girl, something not quite right, she wasn't her sister, only an infant, need to find her... her thoughts got progressively shorter and more focused before she stood, she needed to think, she needed to get moving, she needed to find her, find Jill... 'where am I anyway?' Jess thought before looking around once more, her bloodshot eyes starting to refocus at last.

She turns to the girl, she could picture it so easily, she tightened her hand into a fist and shook her head, this was not the time for that, "Where am I?" she asks again, this time out loud, and shivers as the crying starts to get to her once more, that infernal crying... "who are you?" she asks the girl, obviously only half dedicated to the conversation, though one thought entered, unbidden, into her mind, 'why am i here?' and echoed over and over again, keeping pace with the crying, both drowning out her thoughts.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    My Name Is... Jessica Readman.
    And I Am... Tired.

Too Tired to Sleep. I never wanted to stay awake, never wanted to escape, until I made it to the Mad City. It started with my baby sister's birth, she'd cry all night, sleep all day, and leave me unable to sleep, for so long with no sleep. I just can't seem to do so anymore, and now, now I'm sorta glad I can't sleep, it keeps the Nightmares from getting to me.

My baby sister was born and she was nocturnal. My family has been kept awake nearly 24/7 with her constant crying at night and work and school during the day. My father left us after the first month, and my mother cracked, going to the hospital for stress induced panic attacks, i was left to fend for my sister and myself, and now, now she's gone too, because I was too tired, so tired...

What's On The Surface?
    A ragged teenage girl with short, brown hair, bloodshot, unblinking eyes with dark rings around them, sickly skin all contained in an oversized t-shirt and a pair of faded jeans and worn sneakers.

What Lies Beneath?
    Regret. I'm a giant ball of regret wrapped in sleeplessness, I let myself sleep for once, and i was out for nearly two days, my sister disappeared while i slept from not being cared for. I will never sleep again, not until the day I die, not unless its unavoidable, i will not sleep, i'm too tired for it now anyway...

What's Your Path?
    Repentance. I want to repay the debt I have for leaving my sister to die while I slept, by never again failing to remain awake. I want forgiveness, but can never get it, I want to repent, but the only way I can is driving me insane, and has left me in this mad world, this Mad City. Now, i want to get out alive, and use everything in my disposal to find out what happened to her, what happened to Jill, my baby sister.

Exhaustion Talent:
    Knifefighter - Good with knives, both up close and when thrown.

Madness Talent:
    Anime Reference - Jessica is an anime lover, and she can reference almost any move used by anime characters, allowing her to mimic them to a degree.

Responses

Flight

Fight

Fight
    Quoted from the other thread
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alex's head spun. This place was crazy - some sort of mish-mash of different times and places. And the door out had just closed up behind him. Admittedly, it was now pretty unlikely that the police would catch him, but he had slightly bigger problems now.

Taking a moment to get his bearings, Alex looks around. Takes in the other guy standing there, surrounded by broken glass, looking equally confused, and talking to him.

Taking a moment to register what's just been said, Alex replies. "Sorry, but I can't say I have. Listen, have you seen this place we're in? It's crazy... And I'm pretty sure you aren't part of it either - you don't look like it anyway."

Spoiler
    Show
    Hope: 0

Spoiler
    Show
    My Name Is... Alexander Moreton
    And I Am... A con artist

Regret. Regret that my life has turned out like this. I swindle, connive, and scheme, but where does it get me? I may have money, but at what cost? At best I’ll die hollow and alone, knowing what I’ve done to innocent people. At worst, I’ll be stuck in prison for the rest of my life. Some choice.

I nearly got caught. A police sting – for once I was the one who got played like a fool. But I got lucky. I saw my chance and ran. Ran through doorway, then realised they weren’t chasing me anymore. Realised that I was in another world.

What's On The Surface?
    Friendly looking guy. Mid 30s? Looks like the kind of person you can trust. An expensive-looking suit, a nice watch and a friendly smile.

What Lies Beneath?

A con-man, a confidence trickster. Call it what you like. I promise innocent people things, they give me money, and I’m never seen again. I don’t enjoy thinking about what I do. But the thrill when doing it! But I’ll give up soon. Just one last job…

What's Your Path?

Stop my criminal ways. Retire on my ‘earnings’. Become a better person. Find someone to settle down with.

Exhaustion Talent:
    Convincing – As a con artist, I can be quite persuasive. It makes people ignore the little niggling doubts that it seems too good to be real.

Madness Talent:
    Lucky - Sometimes I really have the most rediculous luck. The right people, the right places, the right times - they all happen to me.

Responses:

Fight
    Flight
    Flight
    Last edited by Mekboy; 2011-12-30 at 08:08 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    Melavon kept turning around, trying to get his bearings, he hadn't heard of any conventions, and where was that alley he just turned down... What was this place.

Quietly he muttered.
    "Where am I....."

Then a boy ran into him, for surely he was a boy, not a man, and then he saw..... It was strange, and he was oddly calm.... Like his body suddenly lost all its Adrenalin.

"Hello.... I am Melavon, Whats your name."

Spoiler
    Show

Grey Text is Speech. Later I will be using * * around actions and ' ' around thoughts
    space filler...
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Hunter's Recruitment
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    In other words, be nice to the murderhobos so they don't murder you?
    Quote Originally Posted by JanusJones View Post
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Congrats, you made me laugh hard enough to draw my family's attention.

Life is Hectic.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground

Iren's eyes glide across the darkness, and she keeps her breath still. She forces her left hand into a fist, tense fingers getting sore as they dig into the wet bandages wrapped around her palm and she tries to push the urge to vomit away. All those layers of clothing seem to once again be a blessing against wherever she ends up; but inanimate waste isn't what she needs to worry about.

The girl's other hand shakily pushes into her jacket as the light flares up, and she forces her body to stop shaking in the wetness. She didn't like being alone with anyone, not even when she still had her protection with her. A nervous breath holds itself in her throat.

Iren pushes the switch on the flick knife pushed deep into the pocket of her hoodie. She lets the blade nick against her finger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Name Is... Iren Durzo.
    And I Am... A shattered mirror.

Memories. Constant memories, every perfect detail of each and every one, playing constantly like a theater of failures. Of my little sister, the thoughts I had of her, the abuse I gave her for them, and how she disappeared because of what I did. And it never stops.

My family and my friends, trying to stop my thoughts, trying to get me out of the basement. They don't see me, not even when I leave. I got into a fight, I got into a lot of fights. My knuckles bleed and my teeth get knocked out and my bones get broken and all that happens is my memories. I've just destroyed someone, spoke to them as they lie bleeding and now they're sharing my pain, they know what I've been through. And there's a door on the floor, and my pulsing hand wants to reach to it.

What's On The Surface?
    Broken college girl. Clothes are covering, work is failing, movements disjointed and eyes never stopping. Bandages on hands and bruises on face. Lean and skinny.

What Lies Beneath?
    Pain. A victim of my own cruelty, my own love, and my own memories. Causing others to feel it doesn't help, but it's the only way to let it out. I don't want anyone to know about my love for my little sister, not how far it went. I don't want them to know I can love. I'm a shattered mirror, of what I could have been, and I don't want to be fixed.

What's Your Path?
    Redemption. I want to find my missing sister and then I want to get her away from me. Get away from her, myself, and the shards of the mirror. I won't be a tragedy...

Exhaustion Talent: Photographic Memory

Madness Talent: Super-inference/ Super Detective powers AKA Batman.

Responses

Fight

Fight

Flight

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mekboy View Post
    Alex's head spun. This place was crazy - some sort of mish-mash of different times and places. And the door out had just closed up behind him. Admittedly, it was now pretty unlikely that the police would catch him, but he had slightly bigger problems now.

Taking a moment to get his bearings, Alex looks around. Takes in the other guy standing there, surrounded by broken glass, looking equally confused, and talking to him.

Taking a moment to register what's just been said, Alex replies. "Sorry, but I can't say I have. Listen, have you seen this place we're in? It's crazy... And I'm pretty sure you aren't part of it either - you don't look like it anyway."

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    And I Am... A con artist

Regret. Regret that my life has turned out like this. I swindle, connive, and scheme, but where does it get me? I may have money, but at what cost? At best I’ll die hollow and alone, knowing what I’ve done to innocent people. At worst, I’ll be stuck in prison for the rest of my life. Some choice.

I nearly got caught. A police sting – for once I was the one who got played like a fool. But I got lucky. I saw my chance and ran. Ran through doorway, then realised they weren’t chasing me anymore. Realised that I was in another world.

What's On The Surface?
    Friendly looking guy. Mid 30s? Looks like the kind of person you can trust. An expensive-looking suit, a nice watch and a friendly smile.

What Lies Beneath?

A con-man, a confidence trickster. Call it what you like. I promise innocent people things, they give me money, and I’m never seen again. I don’t enjoy thinking about what I do. But the thrill when doing it! But I’ll give up soon. Just one last job…

What's Your Path?

Stop my criminal ways. Retire on my ‘earnings’. Become a better person. Find someone to settle down with.

Exhaustion Talent:
    Convincing – As a con artist, I can be quite persuasive. It makes people ignore the little niggling doubts that it seems too good to be real.

Madness Talent:
    Lucky - Sometimes I really have the most rediculous luck. The right people, the right places, the right times - they all happen to me.

Responses:

Fight
    Flight
    Flight
    First now seeing what strange place his in, His mouth litterally gapes open with an audiable pop. Jasons eyes stares at the strange city, totally lost in

''Um... no, i have no idea where this is.... it's not Kansas, that much i can say. '' He answers vacantly, eyes still just staring at the odd landscape.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

My Name Is... Jason Mc'Carran
    And I Am... A successful investor

Investments, investments and last but not least... Investments. I have neglected my girlfriend, sleep and my friends for the sake of money.

The breaking of glass is heard from the bedroom, my girlfriend screaming and the horrorfying sound of a low ragged breathing. I run towards the bedroom and sees a dark figure... it's carrying my girlfriend towards the window where the red moon shines in through the, now glass-missing window, and the dark figure jumps out of it. I follow right on it's tail, first now realizing that this isn't the city I live in...

What's On The Surface?
    a Calm, collected, well-mannered guy in his late 20's.

What Lies Beneath?
    a trustworthy guy who is quite obsessed with money, though he is trying to change his that hunger for money. he's steadfast and determined, not easily fooled and he's not an easy person to scare.

What's Your Path?
    Rescue my girlfriend from whatever took her.

Responses:

Fight
    Flight
    Flight

Exhaustion Talent:
    Calculating Mind - Jason is supreme with number and tactical thinking.

Madness Talent:
    Always prepared - Whatever the situation, Jason seems to always have what it is he needs (1-6 madness Dice, pending the acute need of the item).

Scars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Janus wasn't sure he ran from the bobbies. Then again, the idea that there were people dressed up like that nearby made him nervous. To his knowledge there wasn't a convention today. At least, not any nearby.

He could've continued at this rate for hours, but was interrupted. His voice, something about it grabbed his attention. Melavon? The hell kind of name was that? He wasn't just going to tell him his-

"Janus. Did you see them?"

9. - Top - End - #9

*Melavon's Eyes furrow, looking concerned. "If your talking about cops, then yes yes I did, and I'm glad not to be.... Imagining things."
    *Melavon looks around, takeing in the sights of the carnival, while looking for the cops, with thier jerky motions*
    Show

Saying no to a Sun's Hunter is as close as it gets to an invitation to have your place destroyed by them)\
    The professional, well-funded, well-backed, card-carrying, licensed murderhobos, yes.

Life is Hectic.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Regina stared at the model laid out before her. The little girls had just brought her in, smiling those same smiles that seared right into her being. Something... wasn't right. Though for some reason denying the girls felt wrong. Even... dangerous?

Blinking hard she stepped back, dropping the tools she had in hand. "What is...?" She shook her head and grasped it as a migraine hit her then. "Ugh. What the hell?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

The noise had stopped. It had stopped right? Yeah, it was quiet again, so quiet, so peaceful. You focused on something else for once, giving your mind time to clear. You were in a school. A high school, your pretty sure. Lockers were behind you, a drinking fountain ahead of you, and only one other person in the disturbingly empty hallway with you. A little girl, maybe nine? Probably nine yeah, she seemed young, but her clothes were pretty old. her dress was dirty and covered in holes, and her eyes were red, no doubt from crying, and her face was bruise and cut. The girl seemed happy, which betrayed her down-trodden appearance.Are you OK m'am? I can take you to Mother When, if you're lost. We here at the Academy like to prove helpful and kind to those in need, and ruthless to the weak. Your not weak, are you m'am? The girl flashes you a disturbingly toothy grin, then reaches out a tiny, open palm for you. Her fingers looked worse then her face. One of them was broken backwards, and each was dirty with blood and dirt, and her skin seemed almost leathery.
    You were cold, so cold now. You grabbed your shoulders an tried to warm yourself by rubbing your own arms. You had seem to recover from your lapse in focus. Things were MUCH clearer now. The model in front of you, yeah just a model, you had to say she was a model, you couldn't stomach the truth. It laid completely still, your hands were stained, a scalpel you once held clanged to the floor. You didn't imagine it, she, it, whatever had been moving, and you had been to oblivious to stop yourself. But your mind was no longer clouded. The room was fairly empty beside the necessities. A table for you to... work on, a chair to sit in if you get tired, the chain link surrounding the door so you can't escape, the window closed up with thick iron bars, a chalk board with your supposed "designs" drawn on them, and the series of tools you had use to perform your "art". Holding back the need to vomit, you assessed your situation. Those girls, whatever they were, whoever they were, they had tricked you somehow. They wanted you here, for some reason. And up until now, you were enjoying yourself. Why did they so badly want you to conform to them?

12. - Top - End - #12

Jessica recoils slightly, she'd had similar injuries before, but, this... girl... was much younger though... "I don't think you should be worrying about me, you're hurt," she says with her glazed look back in place, something she had picked up from the constant sleeplessness, she crouches down to look at her hand more clearly, "this isn't good, you need to see a doc..." she then growns, a pair of gold lights appear over each temple before she, almost instinctively, mutters, "Sōten Kisshun, I Reject," and two golden streaks reach out from her temples and cover the girls hand, forming a diamond-like structure and healing the injuries.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thought an unconscious use of the madness power would be able to push the plot along a little. Hope you don't mind. I'll let you determine the Madness cost here.

In case you don't know, Sōten Kisshun is an ability used by Orihime Inoue from the Bleach anime that allows her to "reject" an injury (or almost anything really) to heal wounds (or even erase the existance of something if done for long enough and with enough power).

I'm guessing. because this is a relatively minor, madness power that it'd cost only one madness. And since it's non-offensive for this use i'm hoping you can just let it be a fluff effect rather than anything else.

PM me if you want me to change it or if something is wrong with it so that i can do so. And i believe i have the second strongest Madness Talent here ATM because of sheer versatility.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-01-01 at 10:49 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

Rolls as Requested
    Spoiler
    Show
    Discipline: (3d6)[4][3][3](10)
    Madness: (1d6)[2]

*Prays to dice gods and every god of good luck out there that my luck with dice doesn't run out now*

YES, Three successes and Discipline Dominates
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-01-01 at 11:50 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Keeping his features open and friendly, Alex nods. Someone from somewhere normal should be a useful ally.

Going to shake the guy's hand, Alex smiles.
    "I'm Alex. We should probably stick together - find our way around. Who knows what this place could be like."

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    And I Am... A con artist

What's On The Surface?

What Lies Beneath?

What's Your Path?

Exhaustion Talent:

Madness Talent:

Responses:

Fight
    Flight
    Flight

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Jason Quickly shakes his head, focusing his mind and shakes this 'Alex's hand

''the name's Jason, nice to meet ya... anyways, would you be willing to help me find my girlfriend? please, from the looks of this place, either im dreaming... which i high doubt since i haven't sleep for days, or this is real and you seems to be the only 'normal' guy here besides myself.'' Jason's expression tells that something is bugging him... guilt perhaps.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

"Right then, weird name, but mine isn't much better. We need to move, and quickly. If I've learned anything, it's that if you keep moving it makes you harder to track."

17. - Top - End - #17

"Sure, the bustle would probally be best."

Looking around, Melavon chooses the direction with the most moving people and starts walking. "Well, lets go..."
    Show

Life is Hectic.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Janus Itzel & Melavon
    Spoiler
    Show

You follow Melavon as he begins to methodically pick his way through the massive crowd. Every so often you feel a hand brush you or some passerby run into you. It couldn't simply be coincidence, and with each passing moment you feel ever uneasier. That is of course until you smell a very familiar scent. The smell brings back truly wonderful memories. The scent is identical to your favorite food, and the smell of your mother's perfume, and the scent of fresh morning air, all in one. It was so oddly relaxing. You look about the Bazaar, seeing the cause of the smell to be a thick cloud of incense, burning from a near-by tent. Yes, a tent within a tent, as odd as that seemed. You could not see inside, but from the looks of it, it was a fortune tellers tent. You felt compelled, as if the scent was lulling you into place you knew you should not visit.
    You lead Janus along with you through the bazaar. Each step makes you increasingly uneasy. Every so often someone in the crowed would bump into you, or a hand would rub past you, or you'd have the feeling of someone, or perhaps something, breathing down your neck. However just as quickly as the paranoia sets in, it begins to fade. You smell a most wonderful scent. The scent of fresh cookies, of delicious foods, and the smell of your most favorite things in the world all wrapped in one. The source of the scent was a rather thick cloud of Incense wafting not too far off. It emanated from a large tent not too far off from you. Yeah, weirdest thing you've seen today, a tent within a tent. Regardless, you felt drawn. Compelled to visit this place. Your mind told you how dangerous this was, how surreal this place was, and how stupid the notion of entering that tent was, lost in the cloud of fumes. But you couldn't help you, your feet kept moving, each step harder to resist then the last.

Spoiler
    Show

The girl recoils with a cry of pain. You held her hand only for a second, and only a few of the scratches stitch themselves together before she managed to free herself. The girl seemed upset, both from the shock of your actions, as well as from the pain. The girl backs away only a few step, calling out at the top of her lungs for help. "Mistress Mertle Mistress Mertle! Help!"
    In only a few seconds you feel uneasy about your actions. The girl, who was upset for you offering the help you did, was now calling for help against you. Taken back, you notice a chill wind brush over your shoulders, and move your hair just the slightest bit. Out from a near-by door creeps a rather disturbing woman. Standing perhaps a foot over you, with ruby-red nails longer then most women's, hair that seemed perfect and tidy, but stained with red specks, and a rather plain formal outfit to match. The woman crept up to you with a ruler in hand, heavy round glasses magnifying her already small eyes. The woman was beautiful, at least more so then the child she no doubt had abused, but she was not normal. The woman scorns you, then the little girl, raising her ruler as she speaks. "Naughty girls and boys are punished, and you have been very naughty."
    The woman grabs the little girl by the wrist, of which the child offers no resistance. She then begins to lash out at the child, ruining your efforts to patch up her wounds, and on top of it all, breaks an additional digit on the child's hand. The girl does not scream once, but winces a few times.
    "Let that be your lesson. Now, head off before I have to report you to Mother When." "And as for YOU"
    The woman points accusingly, her ruler out-reached like a sword.
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2012-01-04 at 02:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Melavon didn't really think when he walked into the tent. All he knew was the familerarity of the place, dispite being like nothing he had ever seen, and it was out of the groping hands of the crowds, breathing down his neck, something that kept him peering back to look for cops.

Walking inside the tent, Melavon looks around.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

20. - Top - End - #20

"Ugh," Jessica holds her head, a headache flairing up, "what happened?" she asks groggily, as if she didn't know what she had done, and she kinda doesn't, she wants to deny what she had just seen herself do, and what this woman had done even more so, at least, at first, before her resolve solidifies itself more firmly, "This isn't normal, not real, a dream, or a nightmare, has to be... has to be..." she curls up before the pointed ruler, only instinct was running now, and they didn't know how to react, her hands were clenched over her head, her eyes scrunched up tight, and her entire body shivering, she needed something to ground her in reality, something to help pull herself together, then, a shift, the shivering stops, her body relaxes, and she looks up at the woman in front of her with calm clarity. She stands and faces her, she had hurt the girl, who seemed brainwashed at this point, she needed to get her out of here, and bring her back to normal. That was the only thing grounding her now, the shear need to get the girl to safety and make this "Mistress Mertle" pay for the damage she had done, both mentally and physically.

"I've heard of a lot of sick people in the world, but ones that brainwash kids to think getting beaten is the norm is by far one of the worst," she says, "children should be treated with care, not abused like it's some sick game!" she shouts, anger rising, but, her first instinct wasn't to fight, it was to get the girl out of here, she dodges around the woman and runs to catch up to the girl, remembering her use of Sōten Kisshun, she decides to cross her fingers and hope this works, saying, "Bakudo #61, Rikujōkōrō."

Spoiler
    Show
    Discipline: (3d6)[5][3][5](13)
    Exhaustion: (1d6)[2]
    Madness: (3d6)[6][2][1](9)

I'll put the madness at 3 and just use the minimum number needed to use the ability as determined by you, i'll probably do it that way from now on for the madness talent.

I will also say this, Jess will have some moments of semi-mad breakdowns, like shown at the very beginning of this post.

Madness rules, and i will use the Flight option since it works with what i'm trying to do at the moment
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2012-01-04 at 07:01 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Kill it! Kill the thing!"
    "No, run! It sees you run!"
    "No, it'll hear you, hide! HIDE!"

"It's the Dealer" Skyler thought and cut the lighter off, trying to press himself into the shadows, holding his breath. He'd dealt with people before but never anyone with a gun. This was bad.

Skyler's air was quickly running out and he forced himself to exhale and inhale again. His mind was racing, too confusing and nonsensical and LOUD to think straight.

"Oh man, I really need a fix." Skyler thought desperately

Another silent breath, this time with a slight whistle."

"Ah hell, you're dead now, you're so dead!" Screamed a voice. Skyler shut his eyes, waiting for a bullet.

After a minute and Skyler was still alive, he slowly cracked his eyes.

"You're getting jumpy man." Skyler said and stepped forward, only to see someone else with their with him. After a moments panic he managed to make out some slight features. It was not the tweaker who had almost killed him.

"Uh... Hey." Skyler managed, one hand half raised. Could this night really get worse?
    By the crabs, for the crabs.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

A tent? Inside a tent. That was certainly one of the weirder things Janus had seen today. He followed Melavon into the tent, wondering how much weirder his night was going to get. "This place feel safe to you too?"

23. - Top - End - #23

Melavon nodded while looking around. The tent felt almost homely while he was walking towards it, almost as if it was his house.
    Show

Life is Hectic.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Janus Itzel & Melavon
    Spoiler
    Show

The fumes were suffocating. You felt light-headed, and short of breath. But soon the stifling veil parted, and you saw what waited you beyond. As the obnoxious vapors tore away, and began to clear before you a new vision, your heart stopped. It was not fear, or perhaps it was, that had given you this feeling. But rather, it was awe. The scene was nothing grandiose, and certainly would not have seemed unusual, but all about the figure before you, and the artifact that rested in front of him, seemed VERY magical. A dark-skinned man wearing a thick head and face rap looked up at you, only his deep black eyes meeting you. His hands, which seemed old and worn out, groped along the shimmering crystalline orb that sat on the table in front of him. He was a fortune teller! A genuine, almost too real fortune teller. And even now, you could feel him peering into your soul. "Come, come and sit. Rasazia know much, Rasazia know why you come, and where you are. Rasazia see all, know all, and hear all. Now, what can Rasazia do for you young men?"
    The fumes were suffocating. You felt light-headed, and short of breath. But soon the stifling veil parted, and you saw what waited you beyond. As the obnoxious vapors tore away, and began to clear before you a new vision, your heart stopped. It was not fear, or perhaps it was, that had given you this feeling. But rather, it was awe. The scene was nothing grandiose, and certainly would not have seemed unusual, but all about the figure before you, and the artifact that rested in front of him, seemed VERY magical. A dark-skinned man wearing a thick head and face rap looked up at you, only his deep black eyes meeting you. His hands, which seemed old and worn out, groped along the shimmering crystalline orb that sat on the table in front of him. He was a fortune teller! A genuine, almost too real fortune teller. And even now, you could feel him peering into your soul. "Come, come and sit. Rasazia know much, Rasazia know why you come, and where you are. Rasazia see all, know all, and hear all. Now, what can Rasazia do for you young men?"

Spoiler
    Show

From your fingers flew a brilliant spark of light. The blast took the girl and her horrible mistress by surprise. You saw your window of opportunity and fled as fast as your feet would take you, leading you down hallway after hallway. You looked back only once, the blinding flash hadn't clear, and you were unsure what became of your foe. Fear propelled you, your mind screaming at you. You were scared, alone, and perhaps a little insane. You just saw a wicked wicked deed performed for little more then morbid entertainment, and you yourself did something only seen in fiction! You stop to catch your breath, confident you escaped. You heard it again, the crying. Why wouldn't the crying stop? You could take it no more, it hurt too much. You inched your way to a near-by mirror. Where were you? A girl's bathroom? Yeah, you were in the bathroom, how did you get here? It didn't matter, none of it mattered. You saw a mirror, the woman reflecting you was not you, but a horrible, aged crone. Her features twisted with agony and malice. You saw Mistress Mertle, you saw all the angry old woman of the world, you saw death incarnate, and ultimately, you saw yourself, slowly slipping into madness. You struck the glass with your forehead, the crying was unbearable, you hardly felt the pain. You continued your self abuse only a second longer, as it all stopped abruptly. What sick game was this? Was it all a nightmare? If it was, you had to wake up. You wanted to wake up. You NEEDED to wake up.

OoC:
    Spoiler
    Show

For those who feel the game is going slowly, I suggest notifying your paired player and see if they are aware of the game's progress. I have noticed so far that some players have either not noticed the thread's progress, or have not kept up to date with it.
    Last edited by DMBlackhart; 2012-01-08 at 03:33 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25

There! You wanted to try and be a better person - now let's get to it.

With an expression of genuine concern on his face, Alex nods. "Of course I would. I just got here, and as you said, this place ain't normal. I can't say I'd want to be kidnapped over to here. You say say some guy in a cloak ran off with her?"

Suddenly it hits him.

"Wait, you say you haven't slept in a while... That's odd, because I haven't either. And we're both here in this mad place. Could just be a coincidence... heh, I suppose it could just be some crazy hallucination brought on by lack of sleep or something. But still, weird."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

''Thank you, well then... let's get going'' Jason replies and starts to head towards the nearest 'Local'.

''excuse me, but have you seen a hooded figure run off with a woman slung over his shoulder? If you know anything then please, tell me, because she's my girlfriend'' He repeats this line to everyone he asks.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Are all 6 characters in the same world? or are all the pairs in each of their reality?
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2012-01-08 at 11:48 AM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

Jess finally calms down enough to think straight, "I have to get back," she says out loud, "but i have to find her first..." Jess takes a moment to get her breathing under control before leaving the bathroom, cautiously, slowly, checking for the coast to be clear before moving to try and find an exit.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Iren bites down on her lip as the edge of her small blade slices into her finger and a drop of blood slides down the metal. Sharp pain was something she would never get used to; but it helped her know she was awake.

As the other being in this place starts talking, she wipes the cut finger against the fabric of her pocket. A man's voice. She would be bogged down by the sewage but a gun probably would be much more inconvenienced. Drawing the hood tighter around her head and keeping her switch knife by her side, she pulls the small flashlight out from her pocket and shines it at the wall beside her so she can see it from the corner of her eyes.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Listen, I won't ask if you won't." Skyler says, momentarily fighting to silence his head and flicking the lighter on again and seeing a women wearing a hoodie tightly drawn around her face. The flame of the lighter caused her shadow to dance and jump across the filthy walls. "But do you think we could go that way?" Skyler points in the direction behind her.

"I'm kindof in a hurry." He offers as an explanation.
    By the crabs, for the crabs.

30. - Top - End - #30

Iren tilts her head to the side a in the slightest movement, her eyes narrowing on the figure. This guy was still talking. And he wanted her to go with him. She takes a few steps to the side, her feet approaching the side passage where the beam of her flashlight was aimed. She keeps her eyes focused on the man as she walks.

The sixteen year old wasn't going to give the man the chance to get near her.