New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1484
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins VIII: This Thread Contains An Unexpected Variable

Awww, yeah. The bottom row of today's comic, with the shading, looks fantastic.

Also, apology blog post.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

The thought occurs that this room is a very situational trap. If a party simply walks through the room without disturbing the trees, they won't have a problem. Hell, even if they fight another group in the room, if they don't go slashing wildly at 10 foot tall monsters, the trees won't be disturbed. But if they stay long enough, and damage the trees with blades and fire and whatnot, then they will have a problem. It's something that probably won't work in a game unless the DM introduces a huge fiery demon. Which is what happened. Heh.
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Barbarian in the Playground

It as if the DM knows whats going to happen.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, we've seen a party with a wizard, and those are prone to use a fireball or two. So I guess that with a more typical adventuring party this might be a tough room.
    Avatar: ruthless Parson (Erfworld).

5. - Top - End - #1055

Wow.

I'm extremely impressed by his apology. Saying all that could NOT have been easy for Thunt. It would have been really easy to leave it alone but to go that far, saying what he did...

Well, after reading that, my regard of him went up a fair bit. I thought he hit all the right notes with that post. I didn't really think he was capable doing that. It's also good that he has a better understanding of how damaging a public blog can be. Of course, that doesn't mean he can't or shouldn't allow himself to get into an argument if he needs to vent, but there are better forums to to it in then either twitter or his blog.

One thing I don't get though, if he has that much pull, why didn't that shrew of an ex-wife of his get nailed by the readership after his confessional about how she made Thunt's life a nightmare for so long? That woman deserved to be mass flamed far more then the rape victim ever did.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    Wow.

I'm extremely impressed by his apology. Saying all that could NOT have been easy for Thunt. It would have been really easy to leave it alone but to go that far, saying what he did...

Well, after reading that, my regard of him went up a fair bit. I thought he hit all the right notes with that post. I didn't really think he was capable doing that. It's also good that he has a better understanding of how damaging a public blog can be. Of course, that doesn't mean he can't or shouldn't allow himself to get into an argument if he needs to vent, but there are better forums to to it in then either twitter or his blog.

One thing I don't get though, if he has that much pull, why didn't that shrew of an ex-wife of his get nailed by the readership after his confessional about how she made Thunt's life a nightmare for so long? That woman deserved to be mass flamed far more then the rape victim ever did.
    I take it that nobody had any idea about her identity. Or knew where to start, or were just to lazy to do more than google search a quote and move on.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    Wow.

I think it's because liking Goblins is a part of their identity, and when you attack that they take it as a direct insult. It's the part of the brain that makes fandom lunatics.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2012-04-13 at 05:46 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I've just had my poetic license revoked. I was banned for taking a cesura too fast and stopping at an enjambment whilst under the influence of Auden." - Stephen Fry

9. - Top - End - #1059

Hell yeah . Badass MinMax.

(Although I like the goblins a lot, my favourite moment of the comic is probably MinMax showing that he has a conscience after all).

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Knight in blood red armor anyone?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Knight in blood red armor anyone?
    More like Min Maxed (the D&D term) Ripley (from Aliens) in blood red armor.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Firbolg in the Playground

This strip was an awesome combination of horrifying and inspiring and heroic, all at the same time.

One of my favourite strips.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

That last panel is gonna look awesome.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

So his plan to get through the trees that grow faster the more they're damaged is to rip them to bits?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fergo View Post
    Hell yeah . Badass MinMax.

(Although I like the goblins a lot, my favourite moment of the comic is probably MinMax showing that he has a conscience after all).
    That was the defining moment for his character, from my view. Before that I figured he was a villain, you know? Turns out that there's more to him than slaughtering innocent goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    So his plan to get through the trees that grow faster the more they're damaged is to rip them to bits?
    Considering that one was about to crush Kin to death? Yes.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Bugbear in the Playground

Am I the only one who prefers Minmax and co's story to the main Goblins plot?

17. - Top - End - #1067

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I don't think he's thinking at all, but it doesn't matter if they grow back 20 times as fast as long as he can keep clearing the path in front of them long enough to get out of the room.

18. - Top - End - #1068

I just hope that this isn't the set up for Kin going all "my hero" towards Minmax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    I just hope that this isn't the set up for Kin going all "my hero" towards Minmax.
    Depends on the degree. I'd be cool with a Hannelore-ish degree where she'll let Minmax touch her once in a while without freaking out from now on.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Depends on the degree. I'd be cool with a Hannelore-ish degree where she'll let Minmax touch her once in a while without freaking out from now on.
    I wouldn't be surprised if nothing has changed over the course of the few minutes it's been since the last room. Just because she's letting him touch her right now doesn't mean she's okay with it, it just means she doesn't want to die. She could easily demand to be put down once they're out of immediate danger.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if nothing has changed over the course of the few minutes it's been since the last room. Just because she's letting him touch her right now doesn't mean she's okay with it, it just means she doesn't want to die. She could easily demand to be put down once they're out of immediate danger.
    That's likely, I'm just looking towards the future.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    That was the defining moment for his character, from my view. Before that I figured he was a villain, you know? Turns out that there's more to him than slaughtering innocent goblins.
    Considering that we never really saw evidence of Minmax being a terrible person, only that he didn't think of monsters as people, I actually think Minmax throwing Kin a birthday party was the defining moment for his character.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

I dare say Minmax has never looked more heroic.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    Am I the only one who prefers Minmax and co's story to the main Goblins plot?
    No. I tend to just skip through the Goblins parts these days. The main group is ok, but I honestly couldn't care less what happens to Dies and his group.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "Hannelore-sh", but this isn't the first time Kin has broken the no touching rule.

In general, it seems Kin is fine with MinMax touching her in dire straits, and she will, in times of stress, lean on him for comfort.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "Hannelore-sh", but this isn't the first time Kin has broken the no touching rule.

In general, it seems Kin is fine with MinMax touching her in dire straits, and she will, in times of stress, lean on him for comfort.
    Hannelore is a character from Questionable Content. She started out with a rather severe (but apparently very believable) case of OCD, and over the course of two or three thousand strips, we've seen her overcoming her various socially blocks and neuroses, at a slow, reasonable pace.

Anyway, If I may put words in other people's mouth, they're basically saying that if this incident completely and totally erases Kin's fear of being touched, they're gonna call bull.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

27. - Top - End - #1077

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    Hannelore is a character from Questionable Content. She started out with a rather severe (but apparently very believable) case of OCD, and over the course of two or three thousand strips, we've seen her overcoming her various socially blocks and neuroses, at a slow, reasonable pace.

Anyway, If I may put words in other people's mouth, they're basically saying that if this incident completely and totally erases Kin's fear of being touched, they're gonna call bull.
    It's closer to 1000 or so strips, but the point still stands.

And I agree with you on the second bit; that would be unrealistically fast turn around time for that kind of trauma.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    It's closer to 1000 or so strips, but the point still stands.

And I agree with you on the second bit; that would be unrealistically fast turn around time for that kind of trauma.
    Ah. I appreciate the timely response. And completely agree; Post-Traumatic Stress doesn't disappear overnight. Although I'm still not sure exactly what the touching rules were in the first place; No hugging? No hand shaking? Stay at least 1 foot away at all times? Frankly, I don't think there ever were hard and fast rules, at least on screen.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Ah. I appreciate the timely response. And completely agree; Post-Traumatic Stress doesn't disappear overnight. Although I'm still not sure exactly what the touching rules were in the first place; No hugging? No hand shaking? Stay at least 1 foot away at all times? Frankly, I don't think there ever were hard and fast rules, at least on screen.
    Dont touch her. That was the entire litany of rules. Do not touch her. You can stand close, you can look at her, you can breathe in her general direction, just dont touch her. Touching causes bad reactions unless she initiates it.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    I dare say Minmax has never looked more heroic.
    Agreed. MinMax to the rescue!
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.