New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

[Sparrow's Fall, World of Eight Moons]

Trium nods.

"I do. You see, they didn't count on people being able to teleport nanites into it... I can reconfigure some of mine to eat the explosive. Or just teleport it out, though the first is likely safer."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"I did say temporary. Though I suppose you'd prefer a solution where only the helpful ones would be able to interfere..."
    "And where the non-helpful ones wouldn't kill all the helpful ones the moment they saw them, yes," Kara adds.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa smiles, and nods.

"Fair enough... You ready to get that thing off your arm?"

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Pantry

Kashi, bored and starved after finishing off the rest of his cream, has taken to raiding the Keep's pantry. Anything heavier than bread and more edible than dry pasta will begin to disappear down his throat as he rips open bags and chews through steel cans to get at the contents.

Despite the chaos, none of the food he opens is wasted, and he piles all the refuse by the door to dispose of later.

"Snyyuuuuu~..." He grumbles around his latest mouthful of food wordlessly. And would you look at that! His latest increases in size have made him eligible for a deeper and easier to read voice!
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Kara chuckles, and blushes a bit, almost having forgotten she was even wearing the thing.
    "Might be a good idea, yeah..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Pantry

Kirin walks over to the pantry, hoping to make herself a quick (yet heavy) snack and then return to work. She has somehow gotten a navy blue and baby blue maid outfit... not sure where that came from.

Imagine her surprise to find Kashi in the pantry! Eating all the food!

Also, a bit of panic. She wasn't told about this. She thinks that Kashi is just some wildlife that wandered in!

"GAH! What the- shoo! Shoo!"

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Talnissa's]

Kara chuckles, and blushes a bit, almost having forgotten she was even wearing the thing.
    "Might be a good idea, yeah..."
    [Talnissa's]

The robot smiles, and goes to help her girlfriend out of the glove-thing.

8. - Top - End - #278

Mithar Keep

Kashi freezes in between bites, a bit of corned beef dangling from his jaws.

Slowly he turns to the door, the meat swaying a bit. There's a quick snap of his neck and snout and the hunk of meet disappears.

And hey, now that he has had his fill, the alchemical forge that is his digestive track begins working in overdrive, forcing coins and jewels from under his scales and scattering them all over the floor.

"Snyyuii? <What are you? I'm a dragon! I think...?>"

He isn't quite sure how to react. Is this something to play with?
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep

Kirin can neither speak any kind of draconic nor make any sense of the thing now... bleeding coins? Is it bleeding coins? What the...

"What... what... go on! Go away! Go go go!"

Blarrgh this place is a mess and not only is she going to have to pick this up but she's hungry!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Pixie in the Playground

Trium nods.

"I do. You see, they didn't count on people being able to teleport nanites into it... I can reconfigure some of mine to eat the explosive. Or just teleport it out, though the first is likely safer."

That might work! If it doesn't... No. I don't even want to think about what failure would result in.

"You wouldn't happen to have a spare bomb shield sitting somewhere around here, perchance? You can try your hand at defusing the explosive, but if something goes wrong, I'd like the crematorium have something to work with."

That is not a good joke, Spec! You are so tempting fate to smack you down. Not cool, Spec. Not cool.

11. - Top - End - #281

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Hell - City of Demons]

Dave is a gym teacher! That might not last much longer. Clarissa has other plans for her spouse.

The bartender huffs despondently. Sigh.

"If you have a demon for a wife, then you are probably off limits. That's no fun. Here I thought we might be able to auction off your soul. Whatever."

The demon's eyes grow distant and flash suddenly. It takes her a moment to shake herself back to a relatively normal state.

"I have some good news and some bad news for you. The good news is, I think I know where Master is. The bad news is that she might not be able to see you right now."

The demon reaches up and rubs the back of her head, gaze turned to the floor.

"She's not well. She is in critical care over at the hospital."

Oh no!
    Hell - City of Demons
    Well, when Dave quit he needed a new job and PACK was hiring.
    "So where is this hospital? This is kind of an emergency and if I have to I'll ninja my way in. This is seriously something that could have untold consequences." he says with a super serious face.
    'Cause that's how Dave rolls.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

That might work! If it doesn't... No. I don't even want to think about what failure would result in.

"You wouldn't happen to have a spare bomb shield sitting somewhere around here, perchance? You can try your hand at defusing the explosive, but if something goes wrong, I'd like the crematorium have something to work with."

That is not a good joke, Spec! You are so tempting fate to smack you down. Not cool, Spec. Not cool.

At worst, Trium can probably regrow Spec's arm...

"I could put the shield spells I use on you... You've seen them, right?"

13. - Top - End - #283
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Mithar Keep - Kashi

Kashi stares at Cessie, puzzled by the foreign words coming out of her mouth.

"Snnyuuui~? <What do you mean? I'm a dragon... right?>"

Well, clearly he thinks otherwise. Silly Cessie, you can't even tell what's a dragon anymore.
    Mithar Keep - Kashi

The mage turns to the dragon and starts to try to dwell into the enchantments holding him up closer, trying to figure out how he works. "And what shall we do with you?" She asks herself as Harnel leaves.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Hell - City of Demons
    Well, when Dave quit he needed a new job and PACK was hiring.
    "So where is this hospital? This is kind of an emergency and if I have to I'll ninja my way in. This is seriously something that could have untold consequences." he says with a super serious face.
    'Cause that's how Dave rolls.
    [Hell - City of Demons]

"If you want to find the hospital, all you have to do is follow the storm that is brewing in the space above to its epicenter."

"You could also simply trail one of the interlopers there. The report said that we are being invaded. They'd try to kill Master first, so in all likelihood, nine out of ten of them are headed to the hospital."

The bartender shrugs. She's pretty sure that even the injured Master will prove more than a match for the enemy. She fishes a glass up from under the counter and begins to polish it with a pink rag.

At worst, Trium can probably regrow Spec's arm...

"I could put the shield spells I use on you... You've seen them, right?"

"Shield spells?"

Spec doesn't know what these shield spells are. She has enough faith in Trium's magical expertise, however, to let her try whatever she believes will work.

15. - Top - End - #285

Mithar Keep - Kashi's Room

Kashi looks back at her just as curiously, wondering why Harnel had to go so soon.

Oh well, maybe Cessie could play with him instead?

Focusing, he manages to force out a ruby the size of a fist between the scales on his shoulder blades. Acting quickly, he grabs it in his teeth and scurries over to Cessie, holding it out to her.

The look in his eyes is bright and hopeful, and his entire back end is wagging along with his tail. Will Cessie play fetch?

Mithar Keep - Pantry

Kashi (in a later timeline) peers at the catgirl some more. He's never seen one of these before.

Well, tried and true methods might work here. A peace offering will have to be made. His head ducks down and he grabs a sizeable piece of beef from the can he was working at.

He moves closer to Kirin slowly, trying not to startle her. The meat is held from the tip of one tooth out to her hand.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Hallowmere Lake

Charity squeezes Edijar's hand. It feels so good to see Sunny in a home, even if it isn't something that she and Edijar have planned.

Sunny finishes setting the table, then goes to hug her sister tightly. This was only the second time she'd seen her sister since the wedding some months back, even though they emailed regularly.

"It looks beautiful. You and Carl did a wonderful job decorating," Charity says. "You look beautiful."

Sunny steps back a bit to look at her sister, trying to identify what was different. Finally she said, "You look older."

Charity knows what she's seeing - the effect of working as a medic, being around the sick and dying - but she isn't going to bring that up now, on a night of festivities. So she laughs it off. "Still older than you," she says. "What's for dinner?"

Hallowmere Lake

Carl gives the man who might as well be his brother-in-law a hug before doing the same with Charity. "Thank you both for coming." He says with complete honesty and cheer before gesturing for them to take a seat at the table. "And its just pot roast. I hope that's fine." He asks. Of course, what might be just a meal for him might be more than a little extravagant compared to the normal version of the same thing.

He is a halfling after all.

Charity might notice that Carl has gained some weight from his inactivity these past few months. That, and eating better than usual, but that's not inactivity to him. "Need anything to drink?"

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

The robot smiles, and goes to help her girlfriend out of the glove-thing.
    And soon the glove-thing is removed!
    With Kara flexing her hand, then nodding.
    "No ill effects. I'm making a note here; huge success..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Hallowmere Lake

Charity sits down at the table with Edijar, and watches Sunny as she helps Carl with the drinks and getting dinner on the table. There's something odd about her sister, and finally she leans over and whispers to Edijar, "She's acting like Archer - practically quivering with happiness. We shouldn't have been away so long."

In the kitchen, Sunny gives Carl a kiss. "Tell them."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #289
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Fettina's Suite]

Evan puts on a good face, "Nah, I'll be fine. Come on, let's go meet your sisters. Being surrounded by hot women is always a good thing."
    And Tina is happy to bypass this uncomfortable topic entirely!

"What, forget about the whole 'energy' thing?" She offers him a plate of scrambled, then gestures at the oven, which is nearly finished. "Eat something. I'll go get changed." On her way out've the kitchen, Tina grabs a rather large hypodermic needle off the counter, filled with some green-grey substance. She wasn't kidding about getting her nourishment from drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Honeymoon]

Sakura grins. "I guess we'll find out soon." She puts her arm around him again and rests her head against him. She laughs a little. "Those books I've been reading don't making it sound too easy, though."
    "Yeah, what'd they say?" Adir asks happily, brazen and wry. If he were less drunk, he probably wouldn't wanna know.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallowmere Lake

Edijar gives Charity a slight smile and whispers back. "Probably because we're here. And it was their honeymoon. It wouldn't have been right for us to visit unless asked." He says, giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

He looks like he's about to say more, but Carl gives a small cough. "Umm...Charity, Edijar...it's a pleasure that you came to visit, but we called you here for a reason other than just dinner. You see, we're..." He looks at Sunny uneasily for a moment before finding his smile once more and turning back to the others. "We're pregnant."

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Hallowmere Lake

Charity is stunned for a moment, the news taking her completely by surprise. "Sunny, you need to see a doctor," she says in a subdued voice. She knew she was being irrational. She knew that ectopic pregnancy wasn't a genetic thing. There was no reason Sunny was at greater risk just because it had happened to Charity.

"I did! Bugs came right away. He comes every week." Sunny says, and puts her arms around Carl, unsure what else to say. She had known pregnancy was a sensitive subject for her sister, but didn't know why.

Charity lets out a breath. "Then everything's okay? Bugs says it is?"

Sunny only nods, and Charity is suddenly out of her chair and across the room and hugging her sister tightly, even to the point of pulling her away from Carl. Sunny hugs her back, still not sure if this is good or bad, especially when she realizes, "You're crying."

"I love you, sis. Love you so much," Charity says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

[Honeymoon]

"Well there's the diaper changing and crying and stuff. I guess she might wake us up in the night sometimes." Neither of them really know what they're getting into. Hopefully they're fast learners.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

"Shield spells?"

Spec doesn't know what these shield spells are. She has enough faith in Trium's magical expertise, however, to let her try whatever she believes will work.

"The things that were catching bullets, when we first met, and then at the mix-up with the arms dealer..."
    , Trium says, summoning up a brush, and some metallic silver paint.

Unless Spec makes a move to stop the immortal, Trium will then start painting various runes onto her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Talnissa's]

And soon the glove-thing is removed!
    With Kara flexing her hand, then nodding.
    "No ill effects. I'm making a note here; huge success..."

[Talnissa's]

The robot grins, and goes to hug Kara.

"Good. Would you say it's ready for production and sale, then?"

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"It has the McKay seal of approval," Kara declares, happily returning her girlfriend's hug.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa grins happily, holding Kara close, and heating her body to the usual level.

"I'm glad."

26. - Top - End - #296

[Hell - City of Demons]

"If you want to find the hospital, all you have to do is follow the storm that is brewing in the space above to its epicenter."

"You could also simply trail one of the interlopers there. The report said that we are being invaded. They'd try to kill Master first, so in all likelihood, nine out of ten of them are headed to the hospital."

The bartender shrugs. She's pretty sure that even the injured Master will prove more than a match for the enemy. She fishes a glass up from under the counter and begins to polish it with a pink rag.
    Hell - City of Demons
    Dave waves as he begins to leave, pulling on his mask from his pocket with a sigh(as he knows he's breaking his promise to Clarissa, but being a ninja requires a mask.
    "Thanks for the info!" he says as he leaves, heading towards that hospital he was told about.
    He's doing it in full blown ninja stealth mode if possible.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Mithar Keep - Pantry

Kashi (in a later timeline) peers at the catgirl some more. He's never seen one of these before.

Well, tried and true methods might work here. A peace offering will have to be made. His head ducks down and he grabs a sizeable piece of beef from the can he was working at.

He moves closer to Kirin slowly, trying not to startle her. The meat is held from the tip of one tooth out to her hand.
    Kirin looks at the dragon. She raises one eyebrow. She sighs.

"Unless you are... some kind of pet to Harnel or Cessie, I'm going to have to remove you from the premises."

What?

"Either leave, or I will get a broom."

...yes. Because a broom is logically the best thing to use against this thing.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Hallowmere Lake

Charity is stunned for a moment, the news taking her completely by surprise. "Sunny, you need to see a doctor," she says in a subdued voice. She knew she was being irrational. She knew that ectopic pregnancy wasn't a genetic thing. There was no reason Sunny was at greater risk just because it had happened to Charity.

"I did! Bugs came right away. He comes every week." Sunny says, and puts her arms around Carl, unsure what else to say. She had known pregnancy was a sensitive subject for her sister, but didn't know why.

Charity lets out a breath. "Then everything's okay? Bugs says it is?"

Sunny only nods, and Charity is suddenly out of her chair and across the room and hugging her sister tightly, even to the point of pulling her away from Carl. Sunny hugs her back, still not sure if this is good or bad, especially when she realizes, "You're crying."

"I love you, sis. Love you so much," Charity says.
    Hallowmere Lake

"Yeah, Bugs said he was surprised, but there shouldn't be any complica-"
    Carl starts, but suddenly hovers back when Charity embraces Sunny. He's a touch shocked at first, but after a moment he just smiles gently, proud. He looks up when Edijar sets a hand on the halfling's shoulder and sees Edijar smiling gently as well. "You two have done great, Carl. You'll make a pair of great parents."

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Hallowmere Lake

It's a while before Charity stops crying - long enough that dinner will need to be reheated. She doesn't intend to tell Sunny about her own lost pregnancy, well aware that the time for that story to be shared is after Sunny's baby is safely born. "I was just so scared, thinking of you here, so far from the city," she fibs as an explanation for her poor reaction before. "I just froze up and forgot about teleporting."

Sunny accepts the lie, with only a small part of her recognizing that there's more to it than that and shying away from wanting to know more.

"We didn't know if we could, because of being different," Sunny starts to explain. "Bugs said we might not. The first weeks. They would be..." she starts to run out of words, and Carl fills in the story. That human-halfling couples have low fertility, so they had purposefully decided that they wouldn't use contraception, even though they wouldn't have ordinarily chosen to have a child so soon. That they hadn't wanted to tell anyone until the first trimester was past - the riskiest part of the pregnancy.

Charity's heart breaks at the thought of what might have been, if the pregnancy had miscarried, and she had never been told. (Just like I never told her.) And at the same time, a selfish part of her is glad that she was spared those weeks of suspense and fear. "Oh Sunny, I would have been here for you."

"I know."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

"I don't think we would hire a wet nurse just for that service but we'll see what I will end up doing." She tells him, smiling slightly. "In any case, isn't it time for those thankmas gifts?"
    [Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Harnel nods, "Yeah, I'll be delivering them all today."

And this is probably where this scene should end, right after we set up where it happened in the timeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    After a moment, Harnel may notice that the arm tries to move. After a bit, Kate will shake her head. "I can't feel it like I had skin, but I can feel the resistance in the joints."

A moment.

"So, where do we start?"
    [Mithar Keep - Courtyard]

"A test first, to see how good you are at fighting right now, and where your strengths lay. We can work from there. Come with me."

If Kate follows the half-dragon lord, they'll go past the smithy he was working in before. The area has had a few dummies set up, mostly for Harnel's personal use, but with Kate here things could start getting interesting.

Harnel walks into a clear area and takes off his coat, placing it on the ground. "Now, what we're going to do is simple. You attack me, and I only make countermoves, but nothing harmful. I want you to attack as if you're trying to kill me; don't worry, I can take it." He lowers his stance, getting into a battle ready position, expecting Kate to come after him when she's ready.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.