New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #301
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

Mithar Keep - Courtyard

Kate nods, and sets her backpack off to the side. She then settles into a sparring stance... but stops and takes her third arm back off. "I don't know how to use this thing in combat at all."

She will then begin. She has an okay stance, knows how to fall properly, and a few basic combinations. She's obviously out of practice, though.

She starts with basic things like the jab-cross-hook, but doesn't go for kicks yet. Come on, girl, don't hold anything back!

...yeah, she's holding back a bit. She's not comfortable punching people.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Hell - City of Demons
    Dave waves as he begins to leave, pulling on his mask from his pocket with a sigh(as he knows he's breaking his promise to Clarissa, but being a ninja requires a mask.
    "Thanks for the info!" he says as he leaves, heading towards that hospital he was told about.
    He's doing it in full blown ninja stealth mode if possible.
    [Hell - City of Demons]

A storm is brewing above a tall, tall structure reaching high into the sky and piercing deep into the ground. The building is everything you'd expect out of a hospital. Nothing more. Nothing special...yet. It is only a few blocks away. I'm sure Dave could reach the building in no more than a couple of minutes, if he hurried.

Out of the sky plummet thousands of circular pods, illuminating the abyss above with ethereal streaks of radiant blue light. They crash to the ground with mighty collisions, causing the hell below to rumble and shake from the sheer force of the impact.

Squads of angels are converging on a point just up the street from where Dave is. Ladders and windowsills abound in this urban zone, as do parked, stationary hovercars and the like.

The shortest path to the hospital lies straight ahead. There are, however, alternate routes that bear fewer teeth than that which the angels follow. The time is right for Dave to make a decision which will, no doubt, significantly affect his position by both supreme reward and dire consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Sparrow's Fall, World of Eight Moons]

"The things that were catching bullets, when we first met, and then at the mix-up with the arms dealer..."
    , Trium says, summoning up a brush, and some metallic silver paint.

Unless Spec makes a move to stop the immortal, Trium will then start painting various runes onto her.

"Those things? Yes. I vaguely remember them."

The demure Spec shall not attempt to stay the immortal's hand, though the process of the runes being draw on her is spooky and frightening, to say the least. She prays that Trium isn't secretly a cultist about to sacrifice her to a foul god or goddess of low or high caliber. She can't help but giggle as the hairs of the brush lightly glide across her skin, like an evening wind damp with droplets of rain. It tickles.

"You aren't going to pledge my soul to some kind of god or whatnot after this ritual has concluded, are you?"

Spec inquires, clearly depicting the seemingly inane question as a joke resulting from the jitters she is plagued by.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Hell - City of Demons]

A storm is brewing above a tall, tall structure reaching high into the sky and piercing deep into the ground. The building is everything you'd expect out of a hospital. Nothing more. Nothing special...yet. It is only a few blocks away. I'm sure Dave could reach the building in no more than a couple of minutes, if he hurried.

Out of the sky plummet thousands of circular pods, illuminating the abyss above with ethereal streaks of radiant blue light. They crash to the ground with mighty collisions, causing the hell below to rumble and shake from the sheer force of the impact.

Squads of angels are converging on a point just up the street from where Dave is. Ladders and windowsills abound in this urban zone, as do parked, stationary hovercars and the like.

The shortest path to the hospital lies straight ahead. There are, however, alternate routes that bear fewer teeth than that which the angels follow. The time is right for Dave to make a decision which will, no doubt, significantly affect his position by both supreme reward and dire consequence.
    Hell - City of Demons
    Dave sighed and removed his mask.
    There was clearly no way he'd be able to ninja his way in, with what was happening their security was probably too tough to crack, even for him.
    So he'll walk up to an angel and try to poke it.
    "Hey...could I perhaps talk to your leader? I'm kind of a mortal and I need to get inside the hospital 'cause I have to talk to this person called Master so I can get my wife back.":I
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Courtyard]

Harnel's going to have to break her of that, definitely.

Harnel will turn the blow aside with relative ease, making a light jab to one of her shoulders as part of a counter attack. It won't hamper her movement, and it won't even bruise, but it's an excellent instructional pain, and Harnel hopes that it jolts her into attacking with a bit more force. That last attack was just sad.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, I'm not. These are just part of the spell. If I planned to do something like that, I would have last night, when you were sleeping. I doubt you could actually do too much damage to me in a fight, but why take unnecessary risks? Especially since you could end up dying in the process."

Trium would be a bit sad if she knew Spec didn't trust her yet. She's had plenty of chances to kill the assassin, and actually directly saved her life a few times, after all.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Courtyard

Oof. There we go. Kate shuffles out, waits a moment, and then shuffles back in to try the same combo, except at not a lame speed and with some real force, and then shuffle back out. It's not the best shuffle, her leg additions make the footwork iffy. She probably has to get used to those.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel smiles a bit, but once again barely moves as he counterstrikes. with the side of his hand, he swiftly strikes the side of Kate's arm, both deflecting the arm and potentially bruising it.

"Watch my movements. Check for an opening in my defenses," he says. He, of course, has left a hole that would be glaring to seasoned fighters, but Kate may have some trouble spotting it. With the way he's standing, his legs are currently unprotected. But Kate probably doesn't know that.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Kashi's Room

This suddenly turned into his room huh?

"Now that can't be good for the economy." She observes as she looks at the gem before taking it. "Come on, I don't think a creature of your size should be playing fetch inside the house."

And with those words she heads out from the room and assuming the dragon follows her she leads him outside the house.
    "Can you fly?" The mage suddenly asks as she turns to him once they stepped outside.

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

I actually think this is after he delivered his gifts but it's up to you.

"Well, I actually had a gift for you. Did you have one for me?" She asks while opening her wardrobe to look for her gift.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Courtyard

"Right, right..."

Kate jabs low, for the opening (she's a thinker, even if she doesn't have that much combat experience) followed by a cross high, for Harnel's face, and following up with a jump front kick to fade out.

Kate is not used to her new legs. The jump will be what she wanted, but the kick, if it hits (there's a good chance it may not, it's mainly there to dissuade following) will be with a LOT more force than she has any right to kick with. Not enough to blow Harnel across the room (She's still holding back a bit, but not much.) but it may knock him down.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel blocks Kate's fist first and foremost, moving one of his heavily scaled arms in the way of the blow. Kate may honestly find she doesn't like punching something with scales as hard as Harnel's. The kick, though, is dodged, and Harnel will easily be out of range for the fade out.

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

"I might..." Harnel says, smiling, "Just a second," and he'll leave the room briefly. He'll be back in minutes, though, and she can hear the patter of his feet on the granite floors. He'll come back into the room a little later with a box that is very long, but small in most other respects. It's covered in Snowflake print wrapping paper.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Courtyard

Kate takes a moment to shake out her hand. Ow.

Kate will then slide side kick forward, honestly putting her full force behind it, and follow up with largely ad libbed hand and foot combos. After a few seconds of that, Kate will fade out with a front kick again, and probably then take a minute to nurse her bruises. Depends if Harnel gets hit with one of those kicks or not...

12. - Top - End - #312
    Pixie in the Playground

"No, I'm not. These are just part of the spell. If I planned to do something like that, I would have last night, when you were sleeping. I doubt you could actually do too much damage to me in a fight, but why take unnecessary risks? Especially since you could end up dying in the process."

Trium would be a bit sad if she knew Spec didn't trust her yet. She's had plenty of chances to kill the assassin, and actually directly saved her life a few times, after all.

It is fairly customary to save someone's life after accidentally endangering it.

Trium's comment, the whole "I would kill you in your sleep if I was doing such a thing," disturbs Spec deeply. People have tried to do that to her before. It is never a fun event for her. She does have a intruder detection and destruction system for that sort of thing, but it isn't foolproof.

"You sound like you've thought that through."

Spec states, wishing that she never had to fall asleep ever again.

-------
    Hell - City of Demons
    Dave sighed and removed his mask.
    There was clearly no way he'd be able to ninja his way in, with what was happening their security was probably too tough to crack, even for him.
    So he'll walk up to an angel and try to poke it.
    "Hey...could I perhaps talk to your leader? I'm kind of a mortal and I need to get inside the hospital 'cause I have to talk to this person called Master so I can get my wife back.":I
    [Hell - City of Demons]

Bad decision! Very, very bad decision! The angels are the invaders! They are the ones striving to kill Master!

That is why they are out of their element in a city populated solely by demons under Master's dominion! One burly male angel sporting strong, heavy, white armor (a helmet under which his face is hidden along with the other standard accouterments) attempts to reach out, grab Dave by the throat with his free hand (the one that isn't carrying a flaming claymore), and lift him into the air.

"Consorting with demons, I see. Are you aware of the penalty for such a sin?"

13. - Top - End - #313

[Hell - City of Demons]

Bad decision! Very, very bad decision! The angels are the invaders! They are the ones striving to kill Master!

That is why they are out of their element in a city populated solely by demons under Master's dominion! One burly male angel sporting strong, heavy, white armor (a helmet under which his face is hidden along with the other standard accouterments) attempts to reach out, grab Dave by the throat with his free hand (the one that isn't carrying a flaming claymore), and lift him into the air.

"Consorting with demons, I see. Are you aware of the penalty for such a sin?"
    Hell - City of Demons
    The angel will find that he is not grasping Dave by the throat because Dave took a simple step back.
    "I wasn't aware coming down to Hell to get my wife back counted as consorting with demons, it isn't like I was shaking hands with them, plus I doubt you'd even know what I've been doing in the half an hour that I've been here."
    He smirked.
    "By the way, next time you try to touch me, you'r losing that hand."
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #314

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

"Oh, I thought you were going to give me that book. You didn't really need to give me something new dear. The book would be quite enough." And now him revealing the gift made even less sense.

Cessie have already picked out her present which is warped with a red warping paper. The secret of putting together this certain present appears to be the overuse of tape. But hey, at least she tried.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Trium notices that, and smiles reassuringly at Spec.

"Not for you, specifically... But I did put some thought into such things at one time, yes. I'm sure you had to as well.

And besides, I didn't. If I'd wanted to, why wouldn't I have?"

With that, the immortal finishes runing the assassin.

"You ready for me to get to work?"

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Harnel grins, "And just when did I say I wasn't getting both?" he'll place the long box on the bed before reaching into his own wardrobe to pull out the enchanting book he got from the thanksmas thread. He then places said book on the bed, next to the long gift.

Considering that Harnel has been blocking her punches, He really isn't expecting a whole lot of strength from Kate's kicks either. More, but not something a trained warrior can pull off. This... is a little more than that.

He makes a cross block to the kicks, using his arms to block. He's knocked off his feet and moves a little ways back through the air before landing on his butt, looking more surprised than hurt or anything else.

"Well," he says, standing up, "That was a bit more force than I was expecting."

17. - Top - End - #317
    Pixie in the Playground

Trium notices that, and smiles reassuringly at Spec.

"Not for you, specifically... But I did put some thought into such things at one time, yes. I'm sure you had to as well.

And besides, I didn't. If I'd wanted to, why wouldn't I have?"

With that, the immortal finishes runing the assassin.

"You ready for me to get to work?"

That is a creepy, pithy measure of truth. Trium has just admitted to sacrificing someone to a god or goddess while the person slept! At least she is honest about it. Better to know that she is willing to share her iniquities rather than hide them. It designates that she means Spec no harm.

"If you are ready, you may proceed."

Oh gods! This is going to hurt like crazy, isn't it?

-------
    Hell - City of Demons
    The angel will find that he is not grasping Dave by the throat because Dave took a simple step back.
    "I wasn't aware coming down to Hell to get my wife back counted as consorting with demons, it isn't like I was shaking hands with them, plus I doubt you'd even know what I've been doing in the half an hour that I've been here."
    He smirked.
    "By the way, next time you try to touch me, you'r losing that hand."
    [Hell - City of Demons]

"So your wife was cast down into the chasm for her sins and you labor to save her. That is all well and good, but you smell of the enemy."

Dave might find a flaming blade pointed squarely at his chest.

18. - Top - End - #318

Hell - City of Demons
    "That'd be my wife, she's half-demon. Currently she isn't her usual, lovable self which is why I'm here. And if I don't talk to this Master person I may never get her back to normal."
    Dave doesn't seem to mind the blade pointed at his chest, he repented long ago for all of the people he killed.
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

That is a creepy, pithy measure of truth. Trium has just admitted to sacrificing someone to a god or goddess while the person slept! At least she is honest about it. Better to know that she is willing to share her iniquities rather than hide them. It designates that she means Spec no harm.

"If you are ready, you may proceed."

Oh gods! This is going to hurt like crazy, isn't it?
    Trium was speaking a bit more generally, simply about the matter of killing people in their sleep... Hence why she said she was fairly certain that Spec has put some thought into that as well.

And it shouldn't hurt too badly, actually, at least unless it goes wrong and blows up her arm.

But, there's no way to tell whether or not that will happen unless they try, so... Trium will quickly, but properly, reconfigure some of her nanites, so that they can eat the material the bomb is made of, and make more of themselves from it, before trying to teleport these altered versions onto said explosive.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Courtyard

Kate staggers back slightly.

"Uh... that was a lot more force than I was expecting. I barely felt that." She shifts uncomfortably. "I'm surprised I was able to do the footwork in these things. I'm... not entirely sure how I did it."

Anyone who knows martial arts would agree that the longfall boots are not what you want to wear while doing fancy footwork or anything where you need to resist falling over.

"I think we're at my upper limit, but if you want to keep going I can."

She's not really tired yet, only a bit sore in some spots.

21. - Top - End - #321

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Cessie shakes her head, "But why did you buy another gift? The first one was great." Cessie counters. She was pretty curious what could be in it however. "May I?" She asks as she will open the gift once she's given the word.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

"Must be part of the enhancements, then. If someone replaced your feet, then generally they'll do something so that you know how to work said feet, wouldn't they? I'm also willing to bet that's how it feels for the third arm, too." Harnel isn't about to force her to continue. He's in a stance that is relaxed, but ready for another attack. And he'll be a lot more wary of her kicks this time around. "If you can get that much strength off with just one foot, before you've even had much training, it may be prudent to focus on that. You could be quite impressive with enough work."

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

"Go ahead, Sia Memamosal," Harnel says, motioning to the gifts, "That's what they're there for," as she does so, Harnel will attempt to take his own gift and open it as well.

If Cessie opens the box inside the wrapping paper, she'll find... a wooden staff, carved with all sorts of designs. Cessie can sense some magic coming off it; it's built to resist the effects of fire, so it'll survive anything short of being dunked in lava. It's the size of a walking stick for a person of Cessie's height, and the whorls and designs on it are beautifully crafted. It appears to be made out of wood. Specifically, mahogany.
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-12-29 at 05:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Pixie in the Playground

Trium was speaking a bit more generally, simply about the matter of killing people in their sleep... Hence why she said she was fairly certain that Spec has put some thought into that as well.

And it shouldn't hurt too badly, actually, at least unless it goes wrong and blows up her arm.

But, there's no way to tell whether or not that will happen unless they try, so... Trium will quickly, but properly, reconfigure some of her nanites, so that they can eat the material the bomb is made of, and make more of themselves from it, before trying to teleport these altered versions onto said explosive.

The teleportation of the nanites into Spec's body will be entirely successful! Spec's wrist device doesn't feature any teleportation blocking or detection technologies. Spec's universe didn't have any teleportation to tinker with!

The explosive is likely gnawed upon and destroyed, leaving only two bare, metal wires behind. Those wires could cause some circulatory problems in the future.

"Have you started yet?"

-------
    Hell - City of Demons
    "That'd be my wife, she's half-demon. Currently she isn't her usual, lovable self which is why I'm here. And if I don't talk to this Master person I may never get her back to normal."
    Dave doesn't seem to mind the blade pointed at his chest, he repented long ago for all of the people he killed.
    [Hell - City of Demons]

"Half-demon? What nonsense! Demons aren't a race or species! They are a collective of corrupted, perverse minds."

"There is only one being in existence here that can boast that she is half-demon."

The angel turns to another. They look identical. Weird. There are three angels in total present in this area, by the way.

"Send for reinforcements! This man claims to be the husband of Master!"

The angels are going to attempt to catch Dave and use him as a bargaining chip against Clarissa! This is bad!

24. - Top - End - #324

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kirin looks at the dragon. She raises one eyebrow. She sighs.

"Unless you are... some kind of pet to Harnel or Cessie, I'm going to have to remove you from the premises."

What?

"Either leave, or I will get a broom."

...yes. Because a broom is logically the best thing to use against this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Mithar Keep - Kashi's Room

This suddenly turned into his room huh?

"Now that can't be good for the economy." She observes as she looks at the gem before taking it. "Come on, I don't think a creature of your size should be playing fetch inside the house."

And with those words she heads out from the room and assuming the dragon follows her she leads him outside the house.
    "Can you fly?" The mage suddenly asks as she turns to him once they stepped outside.

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

I actually think this is after he delivered his gifts but it's up to you.

"Well, I actually had a gift for you. Did you have one for me?" She asks while opening her wardrobe to look for her gift.
    Mithar Keep - Kashi's Room -> Courtyard

Kashi nods when she asks if he can fly, stretching his wings a bit and taking off, flying a slow circle around her now that they're outside. He can't really hover, so he'll keep in a constant loop until he see what she'll do next. His serpentine body waves back and forth mesmerically in the wind behind him.

Mithar Keep - Pantry

Pet! He knows that word, Harnel told him he was a pet. Since he's managed to figure out the catgirl can't understand him, he nods at her emphatically instead of talking. Of course, he's forgotten about the beef dangling from his teeth, which swing up to smack him in the eye harshly on the upswing of his nod.

Instantly he drops it, falling to the floor like a kicked puppy and letting out a gutteral sound that might almost be a whimper.

Poor thing.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

The teleportation of the nanites into Spec's body will be entirely successful! Spec's wrist device doesn't feature any teleportation blocking or detection technologies. Spec's universe didn't have any teleportation to tinker with!

The explosive is likely gnawed upon and destroyed, leaving only two bare, metal wires behind. Those wires could cause some circulatory problems in the future.

"Have you started yet?"

'

Trium grins at her.

"Bomb's gone. We'll have to do something about the wires that were going to detonate it at some point, but your arm won't blow up now,"
    the immortal says, going to pull Spec into a hug.

26. - Top - End - #326

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Cessie holds the staff with both hands as she inspects it closely, briefly forgetting that her own gift was of a somewhat carnal nature.

She will try to determine the exact enchantments of the staff beyond fire resistance, wondering where Harnel could have bought this.

Cessie's gift is actually a calendar starting in January and covers the whole next year. Each month have a pin-up like image of the mage in various bath suits at different backgrounds. They are all fairly NSFW.

27. - Top - End - #327

[Hell - City of Demons]

"Half-demon? What nonsense! Demons aren't a race or species! They are a collective of corrupted, perverse minds."

"There is only one being in existence here that can boast that she is half-demon."

The angel turns to another. They look identical. Weird. There are three angels in total present in this area, by the way.

"Send for reinforcements! This man claims to be the husband of Master!"

The angels are going to attempt to catch Dave and use him as a bargaining chip against Clarissa! This is bad!
    Hell - City of Demons
    "Sir, you are being quite rude, I never claimed anything of the sort! But since you insist upon combat..." he says as he throws a smoke pellet at the ground, stealthily slinking away into a nearby building, hopefully.
    He's Batman a ninja, his way of doing things is to hide when the enemy has superior forces and pick them off one by one.
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

The staff is merely enchanted to be durable and resist the effects of fire, that's all. Buuuuuut...

"Use your magic to push some air through the holes," Harnel says, grinning.

And then he gets to his own gift... and blinks, his face turning a darker color as he blushes. Immediately, he begins flipping through the calendar, looking at everything. Wow, some of these pictures are really... surprising, to say the least.

29. - Top - End - #329

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

"It's an instrument?" Cessie asks with a raised eyebrow as she attempts to channel some wind elemental through the holes of the staff, still not paying attention to the calendar she gave him.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Harnel grins and nods, "Change the temperature of the air, and which hole it goes in, and you get different sounds."

Cessie will be capable of a truly mind boggling array of pitches and tones using the staff, if she changes the heat and hole of the wind she pushes through. The sounds are beautiful.