Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #331
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

[Sparrow's Fall, World of Eight Moons]
    '

Trium grins at her.

"Bomb's gone. We'll have to do something about the wires that were going to detonate it at some point, but your arm won't blow up now,"
    the immortal says, going to pull Spec into a hug.

Spec is hugged! She hugs back, delighted to know that her arm won't eventually kill her! That is one cumbersome issue shoved out of her mind! It'd probably be best if she didn't really use her arm to fight people until after her flesh regenerates so that the bomb area is filled in. That spot is going to be quite tender for some time now.

"That's great! I've been wishing to hear that for years now! I wouldn't have let the organizers plant it into me if I knew originally."

Spec is overjoyed! The pair should go celebrate like they did last night at a local tavern!

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Hell - City of Demons
    "Sir, you are being quite rude, I never claimed anything of the sort! But since you insist upon combat..." he says as he throws a smoke pellet at the ground, stealthily slinking away into a nearby building, hopefully.
    He's Batman a ninja, his way of doing things is to hide when the enemy has superior forces and pick them off one by one.
    [Hell - City of Demons]

The building Dave stealthily slinks into is an apartment building! There's an office on the ground level and a pool. There's not much else here, though. Not one living demon is in sight.

The angels outside are furious! They begin issuing commands to other troopers just as a wave of lava begins washing down the street.

Yeah. Those angels aren't the biggest problem Dave has to solve right now, or so it would seem.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hell - City of Demons
    Dave will quickly ascend to the roof and study the situation!
    "I am well and truly boned. I cannot fight lava, it ruins my complexion."
    He looks to see if there's any adjacent roofs and if the lava is rising.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Possibly. But Trium's certainly not out of magic just yet, and there are still nanites in Spec's arm.

"You want me to regenerate your arm where the bomb was? Or just bond the nanites to you? If you want me to do anything, I mean,"
    she asks, smiling, and going to wrap them both in the blanket she summoned last night,

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Courtyard

Kate shrugs. "I don't think it's strength, the muscles in my upper leg aren't anywhere near that strong. Also, I would have felt it more." She thinks a bit. "Or maybe not? The legs don't really have any feeling, either. I'm not sure...."

Kate thinks a minute.

"And although that's definitely a good idea, we should definitely train my arms more, too. Try and get me to be decent with that third arm, too. I should also probably work on my marksmanship, if you want to push me to be my very best."

Mithar Keep - Pantry

Kirin watches Kashi make a fool of itself. Buh... it doesn't act like a dumb animal. It acts like a sentient animal that isn't too smart.

So, still a dumb animal, but with higher thought processes. Not too high of thou... whatever.

Kirin speaks slowly and clearly, "Can you understand me?"

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

"Interesting, I understand the principle behind it but I've never actually seen one quite like it. What gave you this idea?" Cessie asks as she turns to him and notices the calendar.

Oh. That.

"Uh... I didn't take those photos. It just... came into being. From the sack." Cessie says, blushing slightly.

Mithar Keep - Kashi's Room -> Courtyard

The mage nods back and looks thoughtfully at the gem for a moment. "Let's see how well you can fly shall we?" She suddenly says, looking at him before throwing the gem away.

It's however lifted by an largely invisible air elemental which will quickly carry it away unless Kashi can match it's speed and grab the gem.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Harnel grins, his blush receeding now that he's seen the pictures of Cessie, "Quite the nice gift."

"A flute gave me the idea for the staff. I paid a woodcarver and a golem to make it, and I think it came out quite well."
    He is, of course, speaking of an NPC woodcarver and Azik, but that was handled offscreen. "Do you like it?"

[Mithar Keep - Training]

"I'm not saying we won't, but that's where we should focus. We'll be making sure everything you are capable of is quite strong; we're just going to see how much we can get out of those impressive kicks." Harnel says, "If you barely felt it, that means you can put a lot more force into it, I think."

He ponders that for a moment, before moving away to take a defensive stance again, making sure there's nothing behind him. "Kick me as hard as you can. I have healing potions if you're worried about doing some damage, so hit me with everything you have."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #337

Mithar Keep - Courtyard

Kashi is somewhat hampered by his small wingspan, which was built for gliding more than powered flight. However, he is very aerodynamic, and thanks to the shape of his body can turn on a dime.

In short, he'll probably lag behind the air elemental if it just flies straight away, but if it tries to turn he'll catch up very quickly. He won't tire of chasing the gem either, and if he gets close enough will purposely let it escape his grasp just to prolong the play.

Every so often a coin or trinket will fall to the ground behind him.

If the air elemental hasn't outpaced him after an hour, he'll land in front of Cessie, panting, and scurry up to try to rub his head against her leg.

"Snyyuuuuu..." Evidently he's pleased.

Mithar Keep - Pantry

Kashi blinks away his tears (which appear to be droplets of mercury) and raises his head off the floor. He gives Kirin a slow nod, intent on not having anything else beat him up this time.

Forgetting she can't understand him, he replies.

"Snyyuu! <I'm Kashi, and I can understand you just fine.>"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Pixie in the Playground

Possibly. But Trium's certainly not out of magic just yet, and there are still nanites in Spec's arm.

"You want me to regenerate your arm where the bomb was? Or just bond the nanites to you? If you want me to do anything, I mean,"
    she asks, smiling, and going to wrap them both in the blanket she summoned last night,

"It should be fine. Do what you think is best."

Spec still cannot believe that she is free of that constant threat to her life! Goodness! It feels great to be rid of that thing!

"Trium, have you ever toured a mine?"

Spec is going somewhere with this question. I can sense it.

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Hell - City of Demons
    Dave will quickly ascend to the roof and study the situation!
    "I am well and truly boned. I cannot fight lava, it ruins my complexion."
    He looks to see if there's any adjacent roofs and if the lava is rising.
    [Hell - City of Demons]

Lava cannot beat a ninja! It does appear as though this lava can melt angels, however!

Woah! What's that noise? Sounds like something massive hurdling toward the ground! ... Quick! Look up, Dave! Specific portions of the city are being bombarded with meteorites! Clarissa is retaliating!

There's still the hazard of the crossing river of lava flooding the area to consider, so this is no time for celebration. The lava is, in fact rising. There are roofs nearby, but leaping across the space between them might not turn out will. The spacing isn't small. It is large. So large, in fact, that a normal person would, at best, be able to catch the lip of the roof and pull himself or herself up onto it. Of course, Dave is a ninja, so the distance probably isn't more than he can handle.

If that doesn't sound too appealing to Dave, he might be able to jump to one of those rocks bobbing up and down, carried by the current of the stream of lava. They aren't heading in the direction of the hospital, but if he can direct it to one of the sides of the lava flow, he should be able to descend to street level again with no problems, as the lava is being channeled thorough this street but not the streets to the left and right of it. Some type of magical barrier is holding the lava here, preventing it from spilling over and completely wrecking the city.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Mithar Keep - Training]

"I'm not saying we won't, but that's where we should focus. We'll be making sure everything you are capable of is quite strong; we're just going to see how much we can get out of those impressive kicks." Harnel says, "If you barely felt it, that means you can put a lot more force into it, I think."

He ponders that for a moment, before moving away to take a defensive stance again, making sure there's nothing behind him. "Kick me as hard as you can. I have healing potions if you're worried about doing some damage, so hit me with everything you have."
    "Okay."

Kate does her very best. She even slides into the kick. She wants as much power behind this kick as possible...

How much power can those boots dish out, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Mithar Keep - Pantry

Kashi blinks away his tears (which appear to be droplets of mercury) and raises his head off the floor. He gives Kirin a slow nod, intent on not having anything else beat him up this time.

Forgetting she can't understand him, he replies.

"Snyyuu! <I'm Kashi, and I can understand you just fine.>"
    "Okay. What are you doing in here?"

Kirin, dear? You... can't understand it. Oh, boy...

10. - Top - End - #340

Hell - City of Demons
    A large gap?
    Ha!
    Because Dave is Batman, he takes out his grappling hook and GRAPPLES across to another roof!
    Because Dave is a ninja, he'll easily jump across the roofs to get as close to the hospital as possible.
    He'll then examine the gap between his current roof and the hospital's roof and if it isn't too far, he'll jump.
    If it is quite far he'll try to jump down to a boulder, put on his clawed gloves, and then jump to the hospital's walls, using clawed gloves to grip the wall and climb!
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #341
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

The mage coughs, "Just don't show it to anyone okay? It's very private as you might understand. Meant for your eyes only." And Sakura's of course.

"But it's an amazing gift Harnel, something I'd expected from Aegnor honestly, he always loved these types of instruments." She continues while letting more warm energy flow through the staff.

Mithar Keep - Courtyard

The elemental actually darts around but will stay in an area around the keep. Cessie is using this game to observe Kashi's flying capabilities.

As he eventually returns she steps back a bit, slightly uncomfortable with such gestures of affection. "I think we need to build a outhouse for you, not to mention all the servants."

12. - Top - End - #342
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hell - City of Demons]

Traversing the landscape to access the hospital won't be so easy. You see, the hospital is a tower. A tower surrounded by rubble. Large office buildings, the ruins of which are still on fire, had been collapsed recently to allow Clarissa to possess a clear line of sight which she can use to scope out the approaching enemy forces. The structure is quiet, to quiet for an active, wounded Clarissa to be holed up inside of it. It isn't fortified very well either. She hasn't even established a decent barricade outside of the entrance.

That isn't like Clarissa. She would be ready for this. She practically lives for conflict.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-12-29 at 09:24 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Training]

Kate will hear a pair of snaps as Harnel's Arms buckle under the force of the kick. Scales shatter and bend, snapping and tearing off even as his bones break, and several of his ribs snap as well, but don't puncture anything vital at least. This is enough to spare his internal organs, but that's still on hell of a kick.

Harnel goes soaring backwards, hitting the ground about thirty feet away from where he started, and reaching a quick stop as he hits the outer wall of the courtyard.

He seems... dazed. Surprised and dazed. Kate may want to check if he's ok.

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Harnel looks awkward for a moment before saying, "... yeah, I know. That's part of why I got it."

14. - Top - End - #344
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Training

Kate stands there for a moment.

Harnel is over there now, and there are little crimson scales everywhere, and there was that crack/crunch noise, and Harnel's over GREAT GOOGILY MOOGILY

Kate will rush over to Harnel.

"Are you okay? Can I help you at all? Are you awake?"

Kate tries to think of what she might do to help, but the first thing that jumps to her mind is that she should check to see if he's in shock. She doesn't remember all the signs right away, so Harnel has a moment before Kate starts doing that.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Training]

"I believe the impact of what just happened hasn't sunk in yet. Thankfully, neither has the pain, just yet. While I'm still mostly coherent, would you mind grabbing one of the little silver vials from my belt pouch? They're healing potions. One or two should be enough."

Probably in shock then, as with all the torn and broken scales on his arms and chest he's beginning to ooze blood. He's also breathing pretty heavily, despite his concise and apparently well thought out statement. His arms are bent at an odd angle, his hands facoing out to the sides despite their aiming straight down towards his feet at the shoulders, and he's just sort of staring into the sky.

He knows what this point is; shock. He happens to be glad that shock also means you don't feel what's going on just yet. That'll change pretty quickly though if Kate doesn't hurry.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Training

Kate will pull two of the vials he described off, and pour the first one into Harnel's mouth if he lets her. She will then watch to make sure he swallows it. If he does not swallow immediately, she will say "Swallow!" to him.

"Stay focused. Stay thinking. Stay with me. What's your name?"

She would have done "How many fingers?" but she's holding potions.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2011-12-29 at 09:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Training]

Harnel doesn't particularly like dealing with medical things like this when hurt, but he knows they have to be asked in order to see how good a person is.

He will drink the first potion in an odd way, letting it flow down his throat rather than really drinking it. "Harnel... Mithar," he says pantingly, still looking at the sky. he can feel burning in his arms now, and doesn't like that fact. That said, the potion will already start to take effect by the time Kate has the ability to do anything else; she'll not his scales are beginning to reform under the blood coating his chest and arms., but that seems to be the first priority for the potion. His arms will begin moving back towards their normal position with a few snaps and cracks, which can also be heard from his ribs.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Training

That's fascinating. acceleration of natural healing, yes, but it's skipping may of the parts of natural healing. Plus, it may be making new matter instead of claiming matter from Harnel's reserves...

Focus, Kyland, focus! It does look like he may need another one. She will pour this one into his mouth too, making sure he swallows it or whatever so that it gets inside of him.

"What is the color of your wings?"

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Training]

"Red, with an ashy blue trailing edge, the color of burnished steel," An artful description provided by a painter a long time ago in reference to Harnel's mother's wings. They applied to him as well, though, and he always liked that description. Funny what you think of.

The second potion seems to be necessary, yes, but it will be enough. Harnel's arms will return to their normal positions, scales repaired, and ribs uncracked. Likely, the potions replaced his lost blood as well. Once it's finished, he sits up and says, "Well... I think we know what your strongest attack is, huh?"

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

"It should be fine. Do what you think is best."

Spec still cannot believe that she is free of that constant threat to her life! Goodness! It feels great to be rid of that thing!

"Trium, have you ever toured a mine?"

Spec is going somewhere with this question. I can sense it.

The nanites are more versatile... But, Spec did say she'd want a lost limb regrown. Of course, the nanites do nicely bypass the circulation issue.

After a moment, however, Trium decides to teleport the nanites back out, and attempt to regrow the flesh. After all, the nanites can be bonded later, but it could be difficult to regenerate her if it's not done now.

"I don't think I have, no... Why?"

21. - Top - End - #351
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Training

"Y... yeah."

Kate will stand up, and help Harnel up if she can.

"I... think I'll save that for really big things and dangerous people that definitely want me dead. That... I don't know. It looked like both your arms were broke, and your chest was caved in a bit. It's a good thing you had those potions, or... oh, boy."

Kate... is not looking her best. A few bruises are starting to come in (there is a few slightly discolored spots on her otherwise perfect skin) and she visibly looks shaken.

And her cheeks are deep rose red. That's really odd.

She shifts on her feet uncomfortably. You would, too, if you learned that your legs could do massive damage.

22. - Top - End - #352

Mithar Keep - Courtyard

Kashi is confused, both by Cessie's moving away and her proclamation that he'll need an outhouse.

Maybe she means outbuilding? He isn't really sure, but that must be it, considering he doesn't need to... you know.

It means he won't have the soft bed Harnel said was his, but he didn't really want it anyway. Gold is always the best bed, and Kashi always has lots of gold.

For now, he'll move even closer to Cessie, trying to dart in between her legs (under her dress) so that he can wrap around them in a figure eight and run his scales along her affectionately. Since he's so long, he may end up having to crawl over himself to complete the motion.

Mithar Keep - Pantry

Kashi looks at the catgirl as if she's a mental invalid, then at the pile of opened foodstuffs he had been working at. As if that didn't make his point well enough, he reaches out with his teeth to snatch the nearest piece of meat and tear off a hunk, chewing slowly and loudly.

He's eating Kirin, this isn't rocket science.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Hell - City of Demons]

Traversing the landscape to access the hospital won't be so easy. You see, the hospital is a tower. A tower surrounded by rubble. Large office buildings, the ruins of which are still on fire, had been collapsed recently to allow Clarissa to possess a clear line of sight which she can use to scope out the approaching enemy forces. The structure is quiet, to quiet for an active, wounded Clarissa to be holed up inside of it. It isn't fortified very well either. She hasn't even established a decent barricade outside of the entrance.

That isn't like Clarissa. She would be ready for this. She practically lives for conflict.
    Hell - City of Demons
    Dave is stumped.
    So he sits on his rear, waves at the tower and yells:
    "HEY CLARISSA! YOU IN THERE!?"
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Training]

"Well, the guy who gave you those knew what he was doing. I doubt we have to worry about training your legs, but we should worry about teaching you the best way to fight with them. and perhaps how to keep from unloading all that force when you don't necessarily want to kill something."

Honestly? Harnel seems fine. The potions did their job, and his chest might be covered in blood bust he's certainly not bleeding anymore. "Let's work on attacks with your hands then. We'll focus on grappling and stopping opponents, since you can do the damage you needin a tense situation with your legs."

What a trooper. He might have been killed, and his first response is to get back to training.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Training

After a moment, Kate nods.

"Sounds like a plan. Allright, what next?"

For a second there, it looked like she just wanted to leave. Well, guess she put thought out of her head.

In the back of her mind, Kate muses that it would be better to get mentally and physically exhausted so that she didn't ponder the full ramifications of the power in her feet so soon. Give that some time to digest in the back of her mind, and then ponder the ramifications.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2011-12-29 at 11:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Training]

"We work with your hands. You'll be grappling with me for the lessons. Remember; anything you can get a hold of is fair game to grab. There are no exceptions when you're fighting for your life." Harnel says. Better to teach dirty fighting now than to have Kate get hurt trying to fight honorably.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Training

Kate nods. Practical fighting. Kate's hands aren't too strong, but she'll learn the basics quickly and the finer details with a bit of coaching. Depending on what Harnel wants, Kate may get thrown, grabbed, tripped, and try most anything that Harnel wants as long as it's not... you know, super weird. She'll even do some with her third arm, which is doubtlessly stronger than her other arms.

Kate isn't an athlete though, and will get tired and sore. She doesn't complain, but will ask for the occasional breather between exercises.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Training]

Harnel will try to get Kate to use the force she can exert with her boots to win grapples where she couldn't otherwise, such as by using them to move when Harnel attempts to stop her, or to add momentum into a punch, among other things. Harnel is a rough teacher, and while he won't ask her to do anything weird, he's definitely pushing her limits.

When they're done and Kate is thoroughly exhausted, Harnel says, "Alright, that should be it for now. Would you like to come inside and get something to eat, or do you want me to take you right home?"

Unsurprisingly, Harnel doesn't appear to me seriously tired from all that. He's used to do a lot of training, which is the reason for his ridiculous strength.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa grins happily, holding Kara close, and heating her body to the usual level.

"I'm glad."
    Kara shivers gently, and smiles happily.
    "I wish you could just hold me like this forever."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa smiles back at Kara, gently massaging her shoulders.

"Forever, I can't do yet. But we can certainly try for a good part of the day."