New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

[Talnissa's]

"I'd like that. If you don't mind."
    Kara sighs in contentment, relaxing as her shoulders are rubbed.
    "You're so good..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa seems amused by that middle bit.

"Remind me why I'd mind holding my s'saeta, especially when she's as beautiful as you?"
    , she asks, continuing to work on Kara's shoulders.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Hell - City of Demons
    Dave is stumped.
    So he sits on his rear, waves at the tower and yells:
    "HEY CLARISSA! YOU IN THERE!?"
    [Hell - City of Demons]

Clarissa doesn't respond. Someone does, however. A whole lot of someones by the looks of it! Three pillars of concentrated, burning orange qi energy contained within an intense violet spiral of raw, unabated power burst through shattering windows on the third floor! If Dave doesn't rush to evade them, they might hit him, as he is the target that the beams are aimed at. Being hit by these beams wouldn't be good for Dave's health. Even glimpsing the rays may cause one to temporarily go blind for a few seconds.

The attack does bear Clarissa's signature. Her special violet light is attached to it. She is probably taking cover inside of the structure, unless this is all just some kind of ornate diversion.

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Sparrow's Fall, World of Eight Moons]

The nanites are more versatile... But, Spec did say she'd want a lost limb regrown. Of course, the nanites do nicely bypass the circulation issue.

After a moment, however, Trium decides to teleport the nanites back out, and attempt to regrow the flesh. After all, the nanites can be bonded later, but it could be difficult to regenerate her if it's not done now.

"I don't think I have, no... Why?"

The hole in Spec's flesh fills in as her flesh is regenerated as though by magic or something! It feels weird.

"I was thinking that I might be able to track a cavern down for us to explore. Would you be interested in trying that out? We could bring some ropes and light and see how much of the cave we could access. It might be fun and exciting, if it is new to you and all."

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Mithar Keep - Pantry

Kashi looks at the catgirl as if she's a mental invalid, then at the pile of opened foodstuffs he had been working at. As if that didn't make his point well enough, he reaches out with his teeth to snatch the nearest piece of meat and tear off a hunk, chewing slowly and loudly.

He's eating Kirin, this isn't rocket science.
    Kirin glares at Kashi. "Okay, either you give me some solid proof that you are allowed to be here or I will chase you out with a broom. Or maybe a mop, but I think I would prefer the broom."

Kirin edges toward the door... it seems there is a cart of cleaning things parked out there. On it is a broom, a mop, her backpack, and a few other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Mithar Keep - Training]

Harnel will try to get Kate to use the force she can exert with her boots to win grapples where she couldn't otherwise, such as by using them to move when Harnel attempts to stop her, or to add momentum into a punch, among other things. Harnel is a rough teacher, and while he won't ask her to do anything weird, he's definitely pushing her limits.

When they're done and Kate is thoroughly exhausted, Harnel says, "Alright, that should be it for now. Would you like to come inside and get something to eat, or do you want me to take you right home?"

Unsurprisingly, Harnel doesn't appear to me seriously tired from all that. He's used to do a lot of training, which is the reason for his ridiculous strength.
    "Oof... a little bit to eat and rest would be nice. Then I should be able to just walk home."

And then collapse on the couch. It's a good thing Kate works a desk job, she will be so sore tomorrow. She learned a lot about her legs today, though.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Mithar Keep - Courtyard

Kashi is confused, both by Cessie's moving away and her proclamation that he'll need an outhouse.

Maybe she means outbuilding? He isn't really sure, but that must be it, considering he doesn't need to... you know.

It means he won't have the soft bed Harnel said was his, but he didn't really want it anyway. Gold is always the best bed, and Kashi always has lots of gold.

For now, he'll move even closer to Cessie, trying to dart in between her legs (under her dress) so that he can wrap around them in a figure eight and run his scales along her affectionately. Since he's so long, he may end up having to crawl over himself to complete the motion.

Mithar Keep - Pantry

Kashi looks at the catgirl as if she's a mental invalid, then at the pile of opened foodstuffs he had been working at. As if that didn't make his point well enough, he reaches out with his teeth to snatch the nearest piece of meat and tear off a hunk, chewing slowly and loudly.

He's eating Kirin, this isn't rocket science.
    Mithar Keep - Courtyard

She meant outbuilding as her player needs to learn he shouldn't rush posts before going to bed while sick.

However the sorceress isn't exactly comfortable with this gesture of affection and suddenly leaves the ground out of the dragons reach (unless he decides to fly of course). "No! Not like that! Stay on the ground!" Cessie scolds him.

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Cessie blinks, "Since... Aegnor would have given me it?" She sounds rather confused. "You wanted to remind me of him?"

6. - Top - End - #366
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Courtyard

Kashi isn't exactly heartbroken. If Cessie doesn't want him to rub her, he can see why. After all, if Harnel smells him on her, the half-dragon might get jealous.

"Snyui~? <So what now?>" The look on Kashi's face should convey his meaning, even though Cessie can't understand him. The way he tilts his head to the side might help too.

Mithar Keep - Pantry

Proof? He's only been here a little while, how is he supposed to have proof? If he wasn't so hungry, he'd simply run past her and take his lumps from the broom. She doesn't look that strong...

Even so, the point remains that he is that hungry. So he'll have to improvise something.

From under his forked tongue, a strip of extremely thin silver shoots out, flexing under its own weight as Kashi concentrates on creating exactly what he wants. He moves towards Kirin as he fabricates the flexible little thing, moving fast enough that her inching away won't stop him from closing the distance.

It looks like... an extremely shiny fortune from a fortune cookie, complete with raised letters made of brass embedded into it.

Kirin should take it! It will totally explain everything, I'm sure.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Pantry

Kirin's muscles aren't very obvious, and even so she isn't that strong. Kashi probably could overpower her...

But he has seemed to have chosen a more creative route. Kirin reaches out, hesitates, reaches again, snatches the small slip of silver, and looks at it.

What is this, then?

8. - Top - End - #368

Hell - City of Demons
    "THIS ISN'T FUNNY AT ALL!" he yells as he runs from the beams.
    Why would it be funny in the first place, Dave? 0_0
    Anyways, Dave will continue to run from these beams until they stop or if he can jump across to a different roof and run from them.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa seems amused by that middle bit.

"Remind me why I'd mind holding my s'saeta, especially when she's as beautiful as you?"
    , she asks, continuing to work on Kara's shoulders.
    Kara's blush deepens, and she giggles softly, relaxing fully into Talnissa's arms!
    "And I won't mind holding you, either...lovely one."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #370

Clan Citadel #139: Saradomin League
    Over 300 people reside within extra dimensions on a floating island (presumed to happen because of the god, Armadyl). There are several armed guards roaming the area. A place to make battle is in the battlefield, to be teleported via Battlemaster ghost. There are work stations to keep the Citadel active (listed below), a town square, cool decorations, a meeting tent, a welcome area, signpost.

In the Keep, a Senate to hold public speeches. On the next floor is a Party Room to hold parties (obviously) with a Dance Floor, Magic DJ table, and a lever to drop balloons. Near them are private meeting rooms with abjurations so no noise gets in or out. Third floor, a Theater. Make some plays and get thumbs up or thumbs down.

Work Stations
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tree [Timber]
    Mine [Ore, Stone, Precious Ore]
    Kiln [Charcoal]
    Furnace [Metal Bars, Precious Metal Bars]
    Loom [Cloth]
    Kitchen [Rations]
    Summoning Obelisk [Minions]

528 Saradomin Boulevard
    Elendro Elessedil (and family)'s house.

First Floor
    Spoiler
    Show
    2 Regular Garden Plots
    2 Formal Garden Plots
    Menagerie
    Parlor
    Kitchen
    Dining Room
    Portal Chamber
    Throne Room
    Study

Second Floor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Room
    Skill Hall
    Chapel
    Combat Room
    Quest Hall
    Costume Room
    3 Bedrooms
    Workshop

Bottom Floor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fire Oubliette
    9 Dungeon Rooms
    Treasure Room
    Last edited by PallElendro; 2011-12-31 at 04:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "Oof... a little bit to eat and rest would be nice. Then I should be able to just walk home."

And then collapse on the couch. It's a good thing Kate works a desk job, she will be so sore tomorrow. She learned a lot about her legs today, though.
    [Mithar Keep - Training]

Harnel nods, "We have a lot of different foods inside. I'll Make something for you quickly, just relax in the dining room."

Harnel will then go inside the keep unless Kate stops him, and go to the pantry! Likely stumbling across Kirin and Kashi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Cessie blinks, "Since... Aegnor would have given me it?" She sounds rather confused. "You wanted to remind me of him?"
    [Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Harnel scratches the back of his head, looking for the right words to say what he means by it, "Aegnor is a large part of your past. Your first husband and a companion during your adventures." He reaches into the drawer of his wardrobe, and pulls out a wand made of dark wood aith blue painted runes carved into it, "This is a wand similar to the one used by a friend of mine, named Taldon. He died a long time ago, but I keep something to remind me of him. We may have to move on from our past, but that by no means suggests we have to forget. and because of that, a memento is something I believe should be kept. "

"Did I... screw up again?"
    Harnel looks worried on that. He'd thought it was a good idea, anyways.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Pixie in the Playground

Hell - City of Demons
    "THIS ISN'T FUNNY AT ALL!" he yells as he runs from the beams.
    Why would it be funny in the first place, Dave? 0_0
    Anyways, Dave will continue to run from these beams until they stop or if he can jump across to a different roof and run from them.
    [Hell - City of Demons]

Dave could just leap to the ground if the beams are such a deadly issue, which they are. Depending on the pattern or lack of pattern Dave's evasion follows, he may run out of tenuous roof to dodge upon long before the weapons quit firing.

"..."

"Hello?"

Clarissa brusquely asks, not exactly predisposed to adopt gracious mannerisms while addressing the lost mortal. She evidently isn't being very punctilious today.

"You are quite the punctual man."

She isn't articulating her speech decently either. Where is she anyway?

"You aren't due to ever arrive here...ever! Good for you!"

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Dining room

Kate will sit down in the dining room. Nice place. It's scary on the outside, but friendly enough on the inside.

Well... it's large, but still friendly. Nice effect.

Kate will wait in the dining room for Harnel. After a bit she'll begin tapping a beat on the table. The pixie tune has been in her head for a while now... she doesn't consciously notice it most of the time.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

The hole in Spec's flesh fills in as her flesh is regenerated as though by magic or something! It feels weird.

"I was thinking that I might be able to track a cavern down for us to explore. Would you be interested in trying that out? We could bring some ropes and light and see how much of the cave we could access. It might be fun and exciting, if it is new to you and all."

"I think I would be quite interested in trying that. I'll even limit my augmentations to human capabilities."

15. - Top - End - #375

Hell - City of Demons
    Dave stops running as soon as he hears her voice.
    "Well you see, there's a secret behind my puncuality..."
    "..."
    "I have a very nice watch."

He looks in the general direction of the hospital.
    "They say I'm married to you, and you sound like my wife, what's your name?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #376
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

"No... I'm just not sure what to feel." Cessie confesses.
    The sorceress slowly sits down in her bed, staring at the staff. "I do have a lot of things that were once Aegnor's. I just haven't showed them to you." She pauses, looking up at him. "This staff is your gift to me, not Aegnors. It shouldn't be a memory of him, it should be of you. I have enough trinkets that are his Harnel. I don't need any more."

Mithar Keep - Courtyard

The mage frowns, "We are going to have to teach you a few things and if you keep growing we aren't going to have you stay inside either. However... your construction is rather curious. I wonder if it can be copied?" Being able to make growing dragons was something rather tempting, and why stop with dragons? She could make all sort of beings if she was able to master the method.
    "Come on, let's go to the library." She tells the dragon, floating into the keep once again, going towards the library.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Pixie in the Playground

"I think I would be quite interested in trying that. I'll even limit my augmentations to human capabilities."

"Great!"

Spec smiles happily.

"I'll get to work on arranging that trip as soon as we return to...wherever we last were."

Newcomers. What else is there to say?

-------
    Hell - City of Demons
    Dave stops running as soon as he hears her voice.
    "Well you see, there's a secret behind my puncuality..."
    "..."
    "I have a very nice watch."

He looks in the general direction of the hospital.
    "They say I'm married to you, and you sound like my wife, what's your name?"
    [Hell - City of Demons]

"Master. Everybody calls me Master, but now is not the time for such idle pleasantries, I am afraid."

A giant tendril snaps through the cement wall of the hospital and attempts to whip itself around Dave's waist! Should Dave peer through the newly formed hole, he may notice that the entire interior of the hospital building has been hollowed out and replaced with recently fabricated walls of living violet flesh. Yuck!

18. - Top - End - #378

Mithar Keep - Courtyard -> Library

Kashi follows Cessie eagerly, already happy to stretch his wings again. He'll settle on the floor of the library near one of the shelves when they get there, and unless Cessie needs him for something, will pull a book at random off a lower shelf.

And then begin to read of course, using his tongue to flip pages.

Mithar Keep - Pantry

The slip, quite deviously, says, "This is a distraction."

Kashi, the second she looks at the paper, wraps his tail around a small sack of potatoes and attempts to haul keister past her. Unless she catches on and blocks his passage, he'll see Harnel as soon as he walks out the door, and heads straight for him, aiming to go between his legs.

The potatoes might end up tripping Harnel though, unless he takes a wide enough stance.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2011-12-30 at 10:28 PM.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

"The Dancing Fox Inn, in the Nexus,"
    Triums says, smiling back. "Unless you'd prefer to head back to the city? But I think the DFI is better placed for finding caves."

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

"Then don't consider it as such," Harnel says, "A gift is whatever you make of it, including this one. It can either be a reminder, or just a pretty staff that makes pleasant noise." Harnel doesn't seem to be doubting which one she'll choose. He just doesn't want his gift to go to waste.

[Mithar Keep - Pantry]

Harnel is tripped, not expecting a small dragon to knock his legs about as he's turning a corner. When he looks over at the little jewellery forge, he says, "Kashi! Watch where you're going!"

21. - Top - End - #381
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Pantry

Ooh, distracting.

"HEY!"

Kirin will get a good view of Harnel getting tripped by Kashi. She rushes up to Harnel.

"Um, do you know what that thing is? It almost cleaned out the pantry."

Kirin will look back at the pantry. Gah.

"Now I have to clean it up before I can get anything to eat. Great."

Kirin is hungry!

22. - Top - End - #382

Mithar Keep - Pantry

When Harnel trips over the potatoes they are ripped out of Kashi's tenuous hold on them. So naturally, although he rounds the corner for a second, soon he has made a 180 and is running back for his prize. Scarcely after the words are out of Kirin's mouth, Kashi will be back in the pantry and attempting to crawl all over Harnel's prone form in search of his missing tubers.

"Snnyuuuuuui~! <Hello Harnel sir! Why are you on the floor? Who's this? Can she play with me?>"

And, of course, when he sees who he's (possibly) on top of, he is completely distracted from his previous thoughts.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Pantry]

"I'm on the floor because you knocked me over, Kashi," Harnel looks at the little dragon flatly, as he attempts to lift the little dragon off him and stand up, "Now, from the sounds of it you've caused Kirin some trouble. So you're going to clean it up, not her. Kapiche?" That last word brooks no argument. Harnel won't have Kashi make messes without being responsible for them.
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-12-30 at 10:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Pantry

"Okay, so this is some kind of pet. Allright. That explains that. Well, If there is nothing in particular you want me to do, I'm going to scrape together a sandwich and then get back to cleaning the..."

A long pause. Kirin looks fairly blank.

"Well, it'll come back to me later. I'll go clean something"

And Kirin goes about making a surprisingly large meat and cheese sandwich.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Hallowmere Lake

It's a while before Charity stops crying - long enough that dinner will need to be reheated. She doesn't intend to tell Sunny about her own lost pregnancy, well aware that the time for that story to be shared is after Sunny's baby is safely born. "I was just so scared, thinking of you here, so far from the city," she fibs as an explanation for her poor reaction before. "I just froze up and forgot about teleporting."

Sunny accepts the lie, with only a small part of her recognizing that there's more to it than that and shying away from wanting to know more.

"We didn't know if we could, because of being different," Sunny starts to explain. "Bugs said we might not. The first weeks. They would be..." she starts to run out of words, and Carl fills in the story. That human-halfling couples have low fertility, so they had purposefully decided that they wouldn't use contraception, even though they wouldn't have ordinarily chosen to have a child so soon. That they hadn't wanted to tell anyone until the first trimester was past - the riskiest part of the pregnancy.

Charity's heart breaks at the thought of what might have been, if the pregnancy had miscarried, and she had never been told. (Just like I never told her.) And at the same time, a selfish part of her is glad that she was spared those weeks of suspense and fear. "Oh Sunny, I would have been here for you."

"I know."
    Hallowmere Lake

As the two girls comfort each other, Carl and Edijar make idle chatter about the house and the additions for the baby the pair were adding on. They know that the event is important and aren't shrugging it off, but they don't get as emotional as Charity does. At least, they aren't showing it. Once it comes time to reheat everything, Carl heads off to do so after serving another round of drinks. "I'll be back soon." He promises as he leaves for the kitchen with the food.

Once Edijar takes a seat he tries to give Sunny's hand a gentle squeeze, smiling. "Again, congratulations Sunny. It's wonderful news. Have you two thought of names yet?"

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

Hallowmere Lake

"I like Glenda, but Carl doesn't," Sunny says. "I like Alan, but he doesn't. We can't agree on anything." She doesn't seem especially troubled by this. They have plenty of time, after all.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #387
    Pixie in the Playground

"The Dancing Fox Inn, in the Nexus,"
    Triums says, smiling back. "Unless you'd prefer to head back to the city? But I think the DFI is better placed for finding caves."

"That sounds good. Cities aren't known for having caves in them."

Spec proclaims, even though I do have it on good authority that sections of the City of Inside were built upon ancient, haunted catacombs. Spec would certainly have known that if she were better at reading (or able to read, as it stands) minds.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Trium nods.

"Exactly."

And, with that, she tries to teleport them back to the DFI.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Pixie in the Playground

Back to the DFI!

Wait a minute! They have alcohol at the DFI, don't they? ... Well, Spec guesses that the cave-hunting just has to wait then. Procrastination is one of Spec's favorite things, after all.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Honeymoon]

"Well there's the diaper changing and crying and stuff. I guess she might wake us up in the night sometimes." Neither of them really know what they're getting into. Hopefully they're fast learners.
    "Oh, pfft," Adir waves his hand lazily, dismissively. "We can handle a crying, pooping baby. No big deal."

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    And Tina is happy to bypass this uncomfortable topic entirely!

"What, forget about the whole 'energy' thing?" She offers him a plate of scrambled, then gestures at the oven, which is nearly finished. "Eat something. I'll go get changed." On her way out've the kitchen, Tina grabs a rather large hypodermic needle off the counter, filled with some green-grey substance. She wasn't kidding about getting her energy from drugs.
    ((*pokes Harnel*))
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters