New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

Hell - City of Demons
    Dave nods and tries to jump onto Giant Clarissa's shoulder and give her a kiss on the cheek.
    "Got it hun, I guess I'll just wait for you at AMEN then, I can meet this Becky you told me about."
    Unless stopped he'll teleport to AMEN right then and there.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #452
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hell - City of Demons]

"Make sure you shapeshift yourself into a female first! Becky detests males for some reason or other!"

Clarissa calls after him! She would love to trail Dave if only so that she could introduce Dave to Becky and Becky to Dave, but she has a party to crash in heaven.

Clarissa is so going to cast down whatever benevolent god opposed her now. Her triumph over all who antagonized her and strict rule over both good and evil will be delectably delicious!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Mithar Keep - Library

Since golems such as Kashi don't exist in terms of normal magic, the method for creating something similar would have to be reverse engineered by studying Kashi at a very close level. He seems to be a mishmash of alchemy and some form of magical animal husbandry. Both types of magic require a very powerful mage to achieve such a result, and a very precise one to combine them so well together.

The magic used in his creation is most easily compared to mortal dream magic, which bypassed both the need for power and precision by directly ripping the desired result from another person's subconcious. Usually, even this wouldn't be able to force such a thing into reality, but then the one responsible wasn't entirely normal.

All of these things are evident enough the Cessie should be able to find them out without very extensive research, but it won't give her any easy answers on how to replicate the feat.

Kashi, denied access to her books, opts to try to lay down at her feet under the table, curled up. As time wears on, he'll nudge his way closer to her instictually. Unless she does something, he'll probably end up on top of her feet, content and sleeping.
    ((Going to pause here a bit until I figure out what to do.))

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Harnel chuckles, "Now now, Cessie, I think we both know what a man does with this kind of gift. I want to show you something, though."

Harnel will attempt to take the musical staff from Cessie for a moment. if successful, he'll turn it so that the top is facing downwards. A moment later her presses his face against a hole near the top, and breathes fire into it.

The enchantment that deals with fire has several runes making sure it reacts. Interestingly, these are made to glow when they are working. This creates quite a spectacle as fire pours from each of the holes along the instrument, and the runes on the outside glow blue. To top it off, a sweet, high pitched sound emanates from the staff.
    [Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Looking at it? Cessie thinks, not that she's going to ask. That would seem foolish.

Then Harnel starts to play and she looks at the instrument in amazement. "That's... really good. Don't tell me you have played such an instrument before? You do have a lot of rather odd talents after all." She gives him a mock suspicions glance.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-01-01 at 09:45 PM.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

"Sure, if you can call making a single note playing an instrument. I just wanted to show you that; besides, I don't have the magic I'd need to actually do anything past that." He shrugs, handing the now warm staff back to Cessie, "I'm fairly tone deaf, so you won't find me playing any instruments for you."

[Mithar Keep - Kitchen]

Harnel will take the sandwiches he made out to Kate at the table, placing her pair down in front of her. They may not be nearly as large as Kirin's, but they're quite hefty all the same, "Whatever you don't eat I will, so eat everything you want."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep-Dining room

"Huh? Oh, thank you."

Kate will eat one sandwich. Near the end she will slow down a bit, but she will finish. As she picks up the second sandwich, she asks a question.

"Hey, what language do you speak? I mean, what do you call it?"

...that's kind of out of the blue there, Kate. What were you thinking about while Harnel was in the kitchen?
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-01-01 at 10:05 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Dining Room]

"Ascaerin," Harnel says, "Near as I can tell as long as we have some sort of cross world analogue then we can understand what each other is saying. Cessie, my wife, for example speaks Hestopian," his voice doesn't shift much, and it's only noticeable because he was already talking, "And now I'm speaking Hestopian. I've found that a lot of languages are like that here. Go up to dragons and any world they learned draconic from will have the same type of draconic here. The Nexus seems to translate for us."

7. - Top - End - #457
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Dining Room

Kate will nod.

"Huh. Fascinating. My version is called English. I just realized how statistically odd... almost impossible it is for so many nexus dwellers to share a language, much less English. It's so odd... but it's obviously not a real universal tongues effect, since there are languages that are unaffected... but they all have a similar melding effect. What determines which languages meld? The overall usage? If I had been pulled in while French was the international language, would I have to learn french to get anywhere here?"

After a moment, she will start eating her second sandwich. She'll eat only half of it, though. These were bigger sandwiches than she's used to.

"I'm over thinking it. I guess I should just be happy there is an effect at all."

Dare anyone say that she's thinking too hard? Is it really possible to think too hard?

"I wonder if the nexus has an odd tendency toward humans and humanoids. Or if the selection of worlds it draws from is limited to a certain group..."

Definitely over thinking it.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's something we can't know," he says, taking another bite from his sandwich, "Most of the time when people come here they're from a variation on some place called 'Earth'. I always found that name odd, as it's like calling something dirt." he continues to eat, looking thoughtful, "Couldn't really tell you much more though."

9. - Top - End - #459
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate nods.

She seems to think.

"Yeah... it is, isn't it? Huh. That never occurred to me before."

This is the time for Harnel to eat in silence. If he wants to start a conversation, he can. If not, Kate will zone out and stay quiet until he does something notable. After a few minutes, she'll start tapping a beat on the table again.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel will eat whatever remains, and then say, "Would you prefer to walk home, or should fly you?"

11. - Top - End - #461
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate considers this. She considers this hard.

Just think how cool it would be... but...

"I'll walk, but thank you for the offer."

If nothing more needs to happen, Kate will then leave. She'll probably be back in a couple days for another session, but I think that a number of the less important sessions can be done offscreen.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel will see Kate out, and then go back to working at his forge. He's a bit more tired than he was when they started, but it's not that bad. He still has a lot of work left in him.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship-exterior

The ship has changed surprisingly since the slivirs left. The most obvious of them is the sudden addition of red to various things. A perimeter of hovering silver orbs circles it, each with a red stripe around it's middle. An enterance is obvious, but has a red light over the top of it. There is a large spire sticking out the top of the teardrop, with a red line running it's length.

These are only side effects of what is really going on. This ship currently contains an Object: a fragment of elder beings, capable of hijacking the mind.

The object in question is Bloodlust. Its call can be felt by any who have come into contact with the Objects... and the call may be stronger to some than to others.

Through a completely unrelated series of events and a couple of misfired spells, there is currently a nasty storm brewing overhead. The sky threatens to rain, but is holding back as if in expectation. Lightning arcs within the clouds.

What a time for someone to come calling...
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-01-02 at 01:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Talnissa's]

"Well, I'm good at diagrams and things like that..." Kara admits.

[Talnissa's]

The robot grins.

"That should be handy... Would you mind drawing up the plans for the stuff we make?"
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-01-02 at 02:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

"Sure, if you can call making a single note playing an instrument. I just wanted to show you that; besides, I don't have the magic I'd need to actually do anything past that." He shrugs, handing the now warm staff back to Cessie, "I'm fairly tone deaf, so you won't find me playing any instruments for you."
    [Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

The mage chuckles and smiles, "Don't worry, I can sing for you if you want. I know a tune or two. Aegnor learned me all about it. Any requests?" She grins.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom]

Harnel scratches his chin, thinking, "Something upbeat, I think. Any day you get gifts is a happy day, right?"

17. - Top - End - #467

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Silvery Ship-exterior

What a time for someone to come calling...
    What a time, indeed.

It is only too easy to justify that stray bolt of lightning flashing in the night sky. It only appears for the briefest of moments, as lightning always does, and doesn't seem any different from ordinary lightning, does it? Why in the world would one ever expect someone to ride such a bolt into the sky, anyway? That's just...it's just preposterous, is what it is.

The expected route would be to just walk right in the front door. What would take such a path, but it was almost certainly trapped, and traps are hardly as exciting as the murder of beings foolishly trying to resist their own deaths. What hits the top of the saucer with a clatter, trying to avoid sliding right off as he looks for some sort of weak point, something fragile he could shatter with that godly hammer in order to force his way right inside.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-01-02 at 06:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

18. - Top - End - #468
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship-exterior

What should have no trouble finding something or other... Like that satellite dish-like object, or that access hatch outlined in red. Or that light, which upon closer inspection is a skylight looking into a well-lit room. Or perhaps he could find a small hole at the base of the spire-like thing and pry it a little bigger... yes, there is one such hole there.

19. - Top - End - #469

Silvery Ship-exterior => Silvery Ship Interior, Presumably

What takes the spire-thingy route. He'll try to brute-force his way with the hammer, not using any of its fancy lighting powers, just trying to stick it in the hole and pull until it's wide enough to fit an entire pumpkin head and suit through.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

20. - Top - End - #470
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship Interior

Beating the hole wider doesn't seem to be working... no, wait, get the hammer at the right angle and a eight sided panel opens on hinges. Why is there a hinged panel here?

What can the drop down into a circular room, lined with eight doors. Every single door looks exactly the same. What does he do?

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    The robot grins.

"That should be handy... Would you mind drawing up the plans for the stuff we make?"
    "Won't mind a bit," Kara declares, grinning back - and attempting a squeeze!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Thanks, love,"
    the robot says, grinning, and going to return Kara's squeeze.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Kara squeaks a little, and grins.
    "So what shall we do now?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa shrugs.

"Up to you."

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Part of me wants to do nothing but stay here and...have you teach me, all day," Kara admits, with a crimson blush. "Another, though, wants to go out somewhere..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Let's do some of both, then. Where do you want to go?"
    , Talnissa asks, smiling at the blush.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Maybe out to Trog's for lunch? Or is it dinnertime yet? I've kinda lost track of time..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Lunch sounds about right. They'd just had breakfast when they started work, after all, and I doubt it's been more than four or five hours, as it only took three or four for them to convert it, and I rather doubt they've spent more than an hour on testing and the conversation they've had afterward.

"Trog's for lunch sounds good,"
    Talnissa agrees, smiling, and going to release Kara with one arm.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Kara swings around to link her arm in Talnissa's.
    "Is there anything else we need to do before going out?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"Not that I can think of, no,"
    she says, shaking her head.

And, presumably, they do so.

((As I have to deadtime now, though hopefully only briefly, you should probably post first.))