New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

[The Ebon Citadel - Box o' Doom]

If Cyrus is in his citadel, he may notice a message coming from the box whose duplicate he had sent to MURDER.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[The Ebon Citadel - Box o' Doom]

He has it set up to send him a mental note when something is sent through it. Naturally, Cyrus will go to it and inspect the message.

3. - Top - End - #483

[Ebon Citadel - Box o' Doom]

The message reads as follows-

Heart of Iniquity-

We require a concealable bladed weapon capable of both ghost-touch and soul-entrapment. If you are able to craft this, we will pay any base price as well as whatever may be required for you to keep quiet about it.
    The writing is different from the Operative's normal writing, and obviously done by hand.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Cyrus makes a note of the unfamiliar handwriting. A plot within MURDER, perhaps? An underling planning to trap the Operative's Soul, even? Still, he was in this for the profit, not for any particular loyalty. There was no good reason to turn this down. He pens a response and sends it through quickly.

I will assume that you desire to trap Black Souls, given the nature of your organization.

On [Date two weeks from now], at [Time], be at the Black Dragon's Den. An Agent will be there, and will respond to the pass phrase "The wine's a bit flat tonight" with "Why don't we check the back to find something more to your liking?"

This Agent will have the blade in his possession, for a price of [high, but not unreasonable for such a hushed affair.]

-The Heart of Iniquity
    He's not from Tamriel, he's just been playing Skyrim for the past month or so.

Sending the message through, Cyrus heads to his enchanting workshop. He has work to do...

5. - Top - End - #485

Surprisingly, this isn't a plot within MURDER. Only two people know of the box's location, and the other is acting on the Operative's orders.

The next message is very short.

I will be there.

-Jane Doe

6. - Top - End - #486

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Silvery Ship Interior

Beating the hole wider doesn't seem to be working... no, wait, get the hammer at the right angle and a eight sided panel opens on hinges. Why is there a hinged panel here?

What can the drop down into a circular room, lined with eight doors. Every single door looks exactly the same. What does he do?
    If none of the doors happen to feel any more likely to lead to the Object, he just talks through the nearest one, whichever he happened to be facing when he fell into the room. What is not really much of a contemplative sort of guy, is he?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

7. - Top - End - #487
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship Interior

The Object's pull is very unspecific. No way of telling which way to go. He opens the first door... and apparently it is connected to the door across from it. Opening the door and sticking your head through is basically opening the door across from it and putting your head into the room, giving you a good look at yourself, across the room sticking your head into the door.

Weird.

8. - Top - End - #488

Silvery Ship Interior

Another being in the room? What rushes out towards the person, raising up his hammer to-

...Oh wait, it's him. That could've terribly awkward if he'd fired a bolt of lightning before realizing that. Time to try another door, then. And then maybe another, and another, until the room is either nothing but open doors, or What finds himself somewhere else.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

9. - Top - End - #489
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship Interior

The second door opens to a perfect cube of a room-ten feet by ten feet by ten feet. There is nothing else in the room.

The third room is full of transparent tubes. It's fairly large, but none of the tubes have anything in them. Enough force can crack them, but they refuse to be broken.

The fourth door has another door behind it, without any visible way of opening it. However, it has a red light on it.

The fifth door is across the room from the first door, and is spacebendingly attached as was previously determined.

The sixth door opens into a room lined with shelves, full of silvery cylanders, all the exact same proportions. They can be crushed like pop cans, and are hollow, but do not seem to be openable in any way, shape, or form.

the seventh door opens into a black void. It's just a door, floating in a black void. why is this door here? Why are any of these doors here?

The eighth door opens to a hallway, which goes straight for a while and then turns right.

10. - Top - End - #490

Silvery Ship Interior

What makes a note of the fourth door, figuring it might be relevant later on, but for now, he heads off to go check out the hallway beyond the eighth door. He also takes a silvery cylinder from the sixth room, on the off-chance it can be weaponized in some manner.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #491
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship Interior

The hallway goes for a while and turns. Beyond the turn are a number of doors on the left and right sides of the hall, and the male Silvery Extraterrestrial walking down that hall with a silver tablet and a mug of something blue. He is paying attention to the tablet, not to What. None of the doors are marked in any way.

12. - Top - End - #492

Silvery Ship Interior

Another sentient being is here! Someone What can turn to for assistance with his mission! Woo, that's how What will find the Object, by asking for directions!

He tucks the hammer away, and sprints towards the extraterrestrial, dashing right at the male as quickly as he can. Should he manage to close the distance between himself and the alien before the strange silvery fellow can figure out what's going on, What will duck and slide forward, swatting at the mug with one hand, and trying to press his palm under the tablet and shove it into the alien's face with his other hand, in an attempt to both disarm the stranger and smack him senseless before he can so much as make a move.

...Huh. So I guess he's trying to beat the tar out of the alien before he asks for help. What has a very peculiar way of asking for directions, doesn't he?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

13. - Top - End - #493
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship Interior

The alien is distracted by a Doot! from something on his belt, and is subsequently disarmed and gets a tablet to the face. The blue stuff in the mug dies not spill, oddly, and instead sloshes around within the confines of the mug acting as if there was in invisible barrier over the opening. The alien staggers backward, and gets a look at What. That's all the more he does at the moment, tough. He's not used to fighting.

14. - Top - End - #494

Silvery Ship Interior

What then attempts to slam a palm directly on the alien's face and bring the back of the guy's head to the ground. He apparently has no interest in letting up, even though, if my understanding of the SET bio is correct, he really should.

Quote Originally Posted by PIECE OF PAPER BEING SHOVED IN ALIEN GUY'S FACE
    WHERE IS OBJECT
    Should all of that work, he'll pause just long enough to raise up a sheet of paper with his question on it. I'd do what he says, alien guy, he's probably got a knife in that suit somewhere!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

15. - Top - End - #495
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship Interior

The Male is floored and has a piece of paper shoved into his face. In response, he talks and talks about something or other maybe giving directions or maybe going on about some science experiment that he needs to go check for all What knows. Unless What has a supernatural translation capability, the moon language is but nonsense.

Lots and lots of nonsense, even. He'll keep talking until what does something else.

16. - Top - End - #496

Silvery Ship Interior

What, as one might expect, can't figure out a word of any of that. He backs off a bit, waves the paper a little, and stands idly by, as if expecting the extraterrestrial to go running off in the direction of the Object in exchange for being allowed to live.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

[Minerva's Place]

Minerva's house isn't exactly ostentatious, but it's clear from the inside that she's not exactly poor. There's a few trophies of past accomplishments on the walls; a zweihander that looks to be demonic on one wall, the skull of some sort of massive creature. That sort of thing. There aren't many, but they're there and placed prominently.

In the living room, which is the first place Minerva will take Jamie, there's a DVD rack next to a widescreen TV, filled with all sorts of movies. An observant individual will notice that most of them are romantic comedies or action movies, of course, but there's an entire shelf devoted to Anime.

"Anything that catches your eye?" Minerva asks as she goes to sit down on the white all leather couch.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Dwarf in the Playground

Silvery Ship Interior

The alien gets up, but is distracted from self-preservation by the Doot!ing device at his belt. In direct disobedience to What's wishes, he waves it around to figure out what it's Doot!ing about. If What lets him wave it close to the hammer it will escalate to something like an air-raid siren.

This is an Object scanning device, yes, so if What has any other objects on his person it will also react to those.

If it does react, the Male will turn and run away flailing his arms comically.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

[Minerva's]

Jamie looks around in amazement at the contents of the house, the skull especially catching her eye- before eyeing the DVD rack with interest!
    "Wow, you've got a lot of stuff here!"
    And the Magical Girl looks over the magical-girl show listngs.
    "How about this one?" she asks.
    Holding up the case for - yup - Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

[Minerva's]

Minerva grins, "Sure, pop it in. It's one of the cheesier ones, but it's pretty genre defining."

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

[Minerva's]

"She looks a lot like one of my friends, too," Jamie points out with a giggle.
    As in goes the DVD. And to the couch goes Jamie!
    Carefully and properly sitting.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

[Minerva's]

Minerva just sort of stretches out, not really caring about decorum.

The anime plays at that point. Minerva was right; this thing is fairly cheesy. Good, though. The story writing isn't too bad. Too bad, that is.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

[Minerva's]

Jamie decides, after a little bit, to stretch out and relax as well.
    ...and enquire after popcorn.

...and watches the anime wide-eyed!
    "...wow. They had to have somebody who knew making that. They got so much right! And she looks so much like Nimai...."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

[Minerva's]

Minerva will grab some popcorn and hand it to Jamie as they watch, "See? This is why I told you you were like an anime character. Who's Nimai?"

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

[Minerva's]

"Nimai's one of my best friends. She's Exalted now - she lives in another dimension unfortunatly, we don't see each other too often. But her abilities and even looks are a lot like hers. She's really nice. And so's her sister Mara - kinda an opposite of hers in appearance and powers but quiet and sweet."
    And Jamie blushes when she speaks of Maralah.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

[Minerva's]

Minerva pokes Jamie in the side, "Hey, you like this girl? I can see that bluuuush!~" Minerva pokes fun at Jamie, trying to see how the relationship is.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-01-07 at 08:26 PM.

27. - Top - End - #507

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Silvery Ship Interior

The alien gets up, but is distracted from self-preservation by the Doot!ing device at his belt. In direct disobedience to What's wishes, he waves it around to figure out what it's Doot!ing about. If What lets him wave it close to the hammer it will escalate to something like an air-raid siren.

This is an Object scanning device, yes, so if What has any other objects on his person it will also react to those.

If it does react, the Male will turn and run away flailing his arms comically.
    All What has is the hammer. I forget which object it is, though. Something Something Serpents, if I remember correctly. He used to have a fairly nifty sickle Object too, but Anya went and stole it right out of his hands, and he's been out to get her ever since. D=

What casually follows after the panicky Male, moving only as fast as needed to keep him from getting away and out of 'sight'. Wherever the alien's going, it's probably closer to the Object than where What is standing now, and it's not like he can just wait for a new, better clue to come along instead.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

[Minerva's]

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Minerva pokes Jamie in the side, "Hey, you like this girl? I can see that bluuuush!~" Minerva pokes fun at Jamie, trying to see how the relationship is.
    Jamie eeps, jumping as she's poked!
    "Huh? No, wellll, maybe a little..." She giggles, still a bit rosy-cheeked. "She is really pretty. Pale and aloof but friendly and happy."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #509
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Jittering Vippit]

In the middle of a forest outside of Inside is a Barloz-class medium frieghter, its loading ramp ready for it's master to return. Inside is over eighty tons of treasure from dozens of different worlds. These goods range from exotic cuisines and clothing to weapons and even armor. For now, though, the Hutt intends on bringing an business associate aboard in order to view this so-called "magic" of his.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Fancy. Could you set me down with a guard or two, me, you and my "friend"?