New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #661
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

Kate's Apartment

"Ooh, I bet that made her jump. She's really jumpy when she's zoned out. And the voices you emanate must be loud..."

"Yeah, I jumped... I don't know how high. It must've been... high as a two story house. That was kind of crazy. And when I honestly tried a minute later, I went really high. It was really weird."

A moment, and Sophie speaks up again. "So, Cos, what's your god portfolio?"

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos looks off to the side, blushing a bit in embarrassment, "Er... I don't know. I didn't have any knowledge of it when i came into the world two months ago."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Huh. That's kind of important. A bit of an odd thing to leave out of godly knowledge."

Kate is thinking. She does that a lot. "Logically, it could be determined by your personality, interests, and skill with magic or divine effects... but it may vary between magic systems. Or metaphysical laws or however that works."

You know, it says something that Kate has a veritable fount of knowledge here, and she decides to ponder the fount itself.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos shrugs, "I figure the intention is for me to discover what my portfolio is through a long journey of self discovery enacted by speaking with the people and gods of the Nexus."

"But yeah, it seems kind of stupid."

5. - Top - End - #665
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Hmm. Well... what now?" Kate looks at Cos and Sophie. She's not too good at this whole real extrovert thing.

"Well, you two can go back to discussing weird things if you want."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-01-14 at 05:28 PM.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"Or we could talk about you," Cos says, looking at Sophie, "I haven't seen many intelligent arachnids. You're quite impressive, you know that?"

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Svaela's Apartment]

It was less of a full apartment and more of a single room. One might call it a studio, except it wasn't nearly so spacious. In fact, it seemed to be more of a cell. She had chosen the place for a simple reason, it was fireproof. The walls, the floor, even the cieling, were all brick and stone. The furnishing was simple and sparse, made from wrought iron and stone.

It's here that Svaela and Alazarin arrive, in the embraces of a kiss. The elven woman was already trying to push him away.
    Svaela's Apartment

Alizarin holds it for just a moment before letting himself be pushed away. Looking around, he sighs. "You really should get a few things for this place. Said you had something else to wear?"

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    She rests her hand on Kara's, frown lessening somewhat, though she still looks upset.

"I should've stayed..."
    "Maybe...but...I'm glad you didn't."
    Kara looks down and away, looking a bit ashamed of herself.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #669
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Well, they're not too common where I come from, either. I'm not sure of the specifics; I only met one other sapient spider and he was... he got what he deserved. I sometimes wonder if my egg was laid by a... well, a stupid spider, and if maybe I would lay clutches of non-sapient spiders... I don't know. There were some other sapient animals, but most of them were mammals or the occasional reptile or amphibian. I don't know."

Kate nods. "We've had talks like this before. I'm not really sure what to make of it."

Sophie... is that a shrug? I think that was a shrug. "I can talk to other spiders, but most of them are very simple creatures. I can't really get much useful out of them. I can talk to other talking creatures, but I can't talk to, say, a normal fox."

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

cos scratches his chin, before bending down towards Sophie, "If you like, I can see what I could do to check. Any questions you might have... I'll do my best to get your answers."

11. - Top - End - #671
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Well, I've got a job now. I work with some other silk spinners to make high-quality items. I'm rather proud of my work. I get to talk with other thinking arachnids, and get to create things and make some money. It's a nice life."

Kate is paying attention to Cos. "You can just check for anything? Just, try to come up with some information and it comes to you? I bet that's useful."

Kate is trying to think of things to ask about...

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"Well, most things, sure. I'll admit it can taker a little work, and sometimes I have to actually ask other gods, but if I don't know the answer, chances are I can find out pretty quick." Cos says.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Svaela's Apartment

Alizarin holds it for just a moment before letting himself be pushed away. Looking around, he sighs. "You really should get a few things for this place. Said you had something else to wear?"
    [Svaela's Apartment]

"I happen to like it this way." Especially since she wasn't likely to scorch anything. Indeed, Alizarin will notice the scent of ash in the air, a bit like a fireplace.

Svaela retrieves some clothes from a chest at the end of the bed and steps behind a screen to change.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate thinks for a minute. "Um... there is one thing I'm curious about. So, apparently a man named Eric was killed by Magtok, and... I don't know. The story seems odd to me. Magtok, from what I know of him, isn't the type to just kill. I... guess I want to know what really happened."

Sophie doesn't say anything to that.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's House]

Cos looks at the wall for a moment, obviously thinking, "I'll just be a moment."

Within moments, the god dionysius will potentially be receiving a message, Hey Dio, I was wondering if you could help me. I've got a girl here asking me something and I want to information to answer her. Can you help me?

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

Svaela's Apartment

Alizarin waits for her to get dressed, leaning against the wall and humming merrily to himself as he formulates more plans.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

[Svaela's Apartment]

Svaela steps out from behind the screen a little bit later, now dressed in what she would consider more casual clothes. A red wrap top with wide sleeves and a pair of loose fitting black pants. She'd left the mask behind, and even let her long black hair down. She still carried her fan, however, and was presently fanning herself, looking somewhat annoyed.

"Is this good enough for you?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

18. - Top - End - #678
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kate's House

BAMPH!

Dionysius shouts as he appears in a shower of glitter and light. He isn't at all what Cos may be expecting from his previous showing. In fact, he's pretty much the exact opposite. Instead of a nearly nude young man with glowing skin, Dio appears as...

An eighties glam rocker? Oh how very clever.

"And what do you need oh straightlaced one?" He asks to Kate, his sequined spandex jumpsuit glittering in a sunbeam that appears to originate from nowhere.

Man is that ever some poofy hair.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

Svaela's Apartment

"Close enough."
    He admits after a bit. "Now, before we head to the massage, we'll have a bit of time, so we can do either one of two things. Go and get you something formal for tonight, or we can go and get something to cool you down again. Something special."

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

[Svaela's Apartment]

"Special?" Svaela asks, intrigued. "What do you mean, special?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

Svaela's Apartment

"Oh, a place you'll remember if we get there."
    He says with a sly smile. "I'm not going to spoil all of my plans."

22. - Top - End - #682
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate's mouth drops open. Sophie just stares. After a moment, Kate tries to figure out where the sunbeam is coming from.

Nothing is said. Just boggling.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-01-14 at 07:48 PM.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos motions to the other god, "This is Dionysius, here to help us with the question. I call him Dio."

24. - Top - End - #684
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kate's House

"Right then, you need information and it just so happens I'd like it if my good friend Cos owed me a favor. If he thinks you're worth it, I'll do this favor for you, through him." "Dio" gives an eyebrow waggle to Cos.

"I've got pictures of Hades from my last party he doesn't want getting passed around, and he has transcripts of everything that has happened to your friend Ms. Fiske. All you have to do is say the word Cos, and the good lady gets what she wants. So what do you say, is she worth it?" He's being damn blunt about this, but when it comes to bartering favors Dionysius is not one to pull a punch. There are many reasons he sits at Zeus' side at the heavenly table, and most of them have to do with how well versed in bribery and blackmail he can be.

Even through all of this, most gods would agree he manages his position well. He doesn't abuse his power over the other gods unless necessary, and treats everyone alike.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's House

Kate leans toward Cos.

"No rash decisions. Consider what he would ask of you. Ask yourself, "Who is likely to gain the most of this?" Consider what he might make you do later. Think hard and think deep."

Sophie just retreats off the coffee table and onto the couch.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

[Svaela's Apartment]

"Let's go, then." Svaela says, heading towards the front door. "I don't want to keep your plans waiting."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPoster View Post
    A wave of happiness and pleasure seems to emanate from the Hutt as Tirin's eyes light up. "I am glad I could have helped." Despite the addition of light-absorbing cells, the darkstick's slightly reduced size makes it might than most one-handed swords.

When Tirin asks about modifications, the Hutt considers the thought for a moment. "I guess you could modify the sword to make it a more modernized weapon, but keep in mind that this is an ancient relic from a long-extinct race. If it ends up getting damaged in the process, I can't fix it.

As for the other two, yeah, they can be upgraded and modified to your specifications."
    Unfortunately, Tirin might want to go somewhere else for those modifications, because Jurga's upgrade inventory is quite homogeneous; when it comes to melee weapons, he only has about three types of upgrade items, with a couple of not very significant variants for each one.
    Tirin fully intends to go elsewhere for the alterations; he knows quite a few worlds on the River Tethys that can do such work, and Erin's Emporium, though unfortunately closed at the moment, has a very good reputation for such things.

"That should be all for the melee weapons, then.. Considering there were quite a few things in these I hadn't ever thought about putting in a sword, I think reconsidering my earlier position that I've already got a good gun might be wise. What have you got in the way of longer range weapons?"

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa's frown deepens again, and she goes to put an arm around Kara, pulling her girlfriend up against her if allowed.

"There's nothing wrong with that, s'saeta. Of course you are. If I'd stayed, I would have been in danger, and you'd have been stuck here worrying. Or there with me, and at risk of getting hurt yourself."

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

Svaela's Apartment

"Which one then? Though, they are close together, I suppose we could hit both." He says with some degree of thought. "We'd have to be a bit quick about it."

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos shrugs, "What he would ask of me is likely either party related or related to getting dirt on the other gods. I think I'd be fine with that, personally," the godling grins, "Yeah, sure. I agree to the terms, Dionysius."

30. - Top - End - #690
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Tirin fully intends to go elsewhere for the alterations; he knows quite a few worlds on the River Tethys that can do such work, and Erin's Emporium, though unfortunately closed at the moment, has a very good reputation for such things.

"That should be all for the melee weapons, then.. Considering there were quite a few things in these I hadn't ever thought about putting in a sword, I think reconsidering my earlier position that I've already got a good gun might be wise. What have you got in the way of longer range weapons?"
    The Hutt is feeling rather smug at the moment; evidently, this is going a lot better than he thought it would.

"I have a wide variety of ranged weapons. As one would expect, I have much more inventory for ranged weaponry than melee weapons. Just two questions; do you prefer kinetic or energy weapons? Would you prefer rifles or carbines?"

Also, I have a policy when it comes to ammo; I'm aware that several of my more... exotic weapons require a very specialized type of ammo. For a small fee, I can continue shipment of a near constant supply."
    ((That way ammo can be handwaved, 'cause its less fun to have to keep coming back for more, no? ))
    Thanks to Ceika for the Jurga the Hutt avatar!