New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1492

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #991
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

Kate's Apartment

It seems that Kate is looking up some of the webcomics she follows... interesting stuff. Some are weirder than others... that appears to be a wedding in space... that one is a guy and a girl hunting a magic boar... that one appears to be down. Kate does not look happy at that. She goes on to other, somehow weirder things.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"Comics on the internet then?" Cos asks, "Seems cool. Stuff for free is always nice, as long as it's actually good stuff. What's that last one that you couldn't watch, though?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate does a weird thing with the nexusnet, going through a few things...

"It's one called Sluggy Freelance. It's really wei-aha! You can do most anything on the nexusnet if you know what you're doing."

Kate finds an alternate version of it, and there! Something about zombie animals with a montage?

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos merely looks to Kate, clearly asking for more elaboration.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate takes a moment to notice the look but when she does, she thinks for a moment.

"Okay, so somehow the nexus gets into the internets of other universes, and if you know what you are doing..."

Typeaty tapity takity...

"Voila! An informational article on elder ichor removal from rainforests! You can find most anything. Want to see how?"

If he does, Kate will show him some tricks so he could get into most any internet and find information on most anything.

"See? All you need is internet access and keyboard. If you have any money, you could buy something from that store at the mall."

6. - Top - End - #996
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    The robot smiles happily, nodding.

"Exactly."
    Kara sighs happily...and Talnissa might note that it isn't long before her girlfriend is sound asleep in her arms.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa does indeed note that she's asleep, and goes to pick up Kara and carry her in to bed.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Kara, needless to say, puts up no resistiance to this.
    But does go to snuggle closer.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa will be quite happy to snuggle her girlfriend as closely as possible until she wakes up, or longer.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Pixie in the Playground

[B]

"Mostly energy weapons. A few mage-tech items. The most impressive is probably a variant of an Outcast particle weapon; the original is mounted on spacecraft, while this version is handheld. They have similar capabilities, though, save for range and blast size, and the original Wyrm was designed to knock out the shields and tear through the hulls of the best fighters and gunships. Even cruisers, if needed - I've seen single fighters carrying several of them force a full military patrol off. If you can get close enough - a bit more than normal pistol range - it should punch a hole in just about anything."
    The Hutt tries his best not to show any excitement as Tirin says this, but Tirin probably can feel this emotion welling up inside of Jurga

"That is an... interesting offer. I would gladly reduce the total cost of your selected weapons by half in exchange for some of these weapons. A pair of them, perhaps?"
    Thanks to Ceika for the Jurga the Hutt avatar!

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPoster View Post
    The Hutt tries his best not to show any excitement as Tirin says this, but Tirin probably can feel this emotion welling up inside of Jurga

"That is an... interesting offer. I would gladly reduce the total cost of your selected weapons by half in exchange for some of these weapons. A pair of them, perhaps?"
    Tirin nods.

"Certainly,"
    he says, carefully setting the weapons he's chosen on the floor of the ship. "I'll need to retrieve them, of course, but that shouldn't take long."

And, with that, he turns to go.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-01-24 at 05:19 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Kate's Apartment

Kate takes a moment to notice the look but when she does, she thinks for a moment.

"Okay, so somehow the nexus gets into the internets of other universes, and if you know what you are doing..."

Typeaty tapity takity...

"Voila! An informational article on elder ichor removal from rainforests! You can find most anything. Want to see how?"

If he does, Kate will show him some tricks so he could get into most any internet and find information on most anything.

"See? All you need is internet access and keyboard. If you have any money, you could buy something from that store at the mall."
    [Kate's Apartment]

This, of course, raises the question; is it wise to get a god to surf the internet in his spare time? Maybe, but whatever.

"Electronics Asylum, right? I'll have to check that out." for now, he'll just continue to watch Kate as she browses.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

After a couple minutes, and more browsing, Kate closes her laptop and looks at Cos. She's quiet for a minute, and then excuses herself to use the restroom.

Sophie looks at Cos. "Hey, I've noticed something that you might not have and Kate probably won't bring up if she has: as far as we know she's your first follower, right? What dose that entail, exactly?"

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos blinks, and then thinks a moment, looking pensive, "It means she has the connection of a mortal to a god. For the most part, I know what she's doing unless she doesn't want anybody to see. She could also, potentially, draw power from me to help her with things, I suppose. Divine magic sort of thing. It certainly wouldn't be a lot until we were more attuned properly, and I'm not sure how much I'd let her have anyways," The warning about granting power to the untested is still clear in Cos' memory.

"What do I get out of it though? Power. Gods draw strength from those mortals that they're connected to. In exchange, we protect and empower those who ask us to do so." Well, that makes sense to Cos at least.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Huh. That's kind of odd. Well, you don't really need to worry about Kate abusing power. Or asking for any, for that matter. She's a very independent person. She probably wouldn't mind you getting some divine power from her but the only time that she would ask for power from you is if she's... I don't even know."

Sophie shakes her head. "I was just curious, is all."

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Cos nods and shrugs, "And that's totally fine with me. If she gets into trouble, though, I'll protect her. I can say at least that much."

Cos looks at sophie for a moment before saying, "Are you hungry? I can make you something to eat if you like."

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Sophie nods. "Part of me wonders if she would really need someone to save her... but it's probably for the best that she has someone waiting in the wings, as it were. Oh, no thanks. I have plenty cocooned in my web."

After a minute or two, Kate will come back out. She looks at Cos, seems thoughtful, and asks, "Hey, is there anything you needed or were you just waiting here for me to get back?"
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2012-01-24 at 08:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

"Nah, not really," Cos says, "Though I could get something for you if you want. It's not like it would cost me anything." It's pretty much the same offer he gave to Sophie, though admittedly it has more breadth, "Sophie and I were just talking about the divine connection thing you and I have."

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Oh. Hey, how does that work, exactly?"

Sophie gestures with one leg. See? Didn't even occur to her to ask. It might be hard to tell that that's what the gesture means, but the intention is there.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Welp, cos doesn't feel like repeating all that. So he does something cool instead!

"Sophie asked almost exactly the same questions," Cos says. He then lifts one hand above the other, and a mirror forms between them, "this was the conversation we had while you were in the washroom."

and then it begins to play images of the last few posts, effectively letting Kate know everything that had been said.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate blinks a couple times. "Huh, that's interesting. Well, if you'll excuse me I'm going to pursue a certain sheaf of papers."

Kate will go into the bedroom and close the door. She obviously does not want anyone to see, and as such Cos can't track her progress with his godpowers. This is common whenever she goes through that sheaf.

"I wonder if she's going to read that whole thing tonight..."

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kate's Apartment]

Well, he could, but then he'd be spying and while there's a lot of ways to do that, Cos would rather not break Kate's trust.

"Well, I know it's pretty intimate detail, at least, so I'm not surprised that she wants to be private about it." Cos shrugs, "I'll see you later Sophie. As always, just call my name if you need something."

And then, in a brief flash of white light, he's gone.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-01-24 at 10:00 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

There is a pause. Sophie thinks about this for a moment.

"Wait... me, too?"

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa will be quite happy to snuggle her girlfriend as closely as possible until she wakes up, or longer.
    It'll be the next day before the somewhat exhausted Kara awakens.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

The robot smiles warmly and happily at Kara when she awakens.

"Morning, love. It looks like you were pretty tired... You feeling more awake now?"

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Silvery Ship Interior

After the shenanigans with that old hag who stole his sickle, What absolutely refuses to let go of his hammer. Even if it means getting pulled along with the rest of the robot and into the air, he has absolutely no intention of letting go. Additionally, if the robot isn't shock-proof, it might find a powerful current running through it in a few moments.
    As it is zapped, the 'bot will seize up. It doesn't seem to be damaged, but it is not responding to the male's commands. The female looks annoyed, the male begins to panic, and What is given a minute to do something devious and/or dangerous.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Barbarian in the Playground

A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac

It's Saturday, around noon when Emmi, the elf teenager, skates into this slice of suburbia. Her arms are still died by the Mallside fountain, seems the magic makes it last a few days without magic soap. Unlike last time, she is in full pads and a helmet. Normally she'd be more than confident to skate without them, but she was teaching Angie today and was determined to set a good example.

Using the address provided by the girls mother, she finds the house, and following her instructions, goes around the back and rings the door bell.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac

The house itself is as big as was described. It's white with blue trim, two stories tall, has an attached double garage. The yard looks to be well maintained, though it's nothing special right now considering the season. At least it appears this particular area has gotten little to no snow. There's movement from the big window in the front as Emmi approaches.

After a very short wait, Emmi will hear little feet running over to the door. "I got it, I got it!" The door opens to revel a very excited Angie on the other side. "Hiya Emmi!" The bunnygirl is wearing all the pads she'll need, except for a helmet. He has her brand new skates in hand. All of it looks new, in fact.

The mother rabbit comes into the porch after her, not all that quickly do to how late she is into her pregnancy. She carries a helmet, which she proceeds to slip onto her daughter's head. It even has holes for her ears. "Can't forget this, Angela."

"I said to call me Angie now." She complains as she does up the strap under her chin.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-01-27 at 11:10 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Barbarian in the Playground

A Pleasant Cul-De-Sac

Emmi most likely gave her appreciative whistle before she rang the doorbell.

Emmi giggles a little at Angie's adoption of the nickname she had given her. "Sorry Angie, but parents get a free pass on that sort of thing. My mom still calls me Emily. Anyway, are you excited to get started?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

The robot smiles warmly and happily at Kara when she awakens.

"Morning, love. It looks like you were pretty tired... You feeling more awake now?"
    Kara blushes, smiling back and nodding.
    "Good morning, love...I was a bit exhausted. I should be fine now though, yes..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew