New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] Home 10

1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 10

[Mithar Keep - Kitchen]

Maybe not cure. She seems relatively fine with it, and curing something like seems to be something difficult to manage in this place. help at least? Definitely.

Harnel nods, "Well, we're well off here. Whenever you need the help, we'd be willing to open our stores of food to you. All you have to do is ask and we can probably provide."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Barracks]

She needs help alright but do you like her to stay here? Cessie asks over their link.

"Sounds like it can be hard to live with Kirin, are you sure you will be alright out there? You could stay here a while until you can get home or find some place of your own."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Kitchen

Kirin's eyes open wide.

"Really? I... uh... I would like more to eat, but I can empty pantries if I don't check myself. I've done it before."

"I'm not even kidding. One of my favorite quotes on my appetite from a medical professional is, a literal quote, "Where does it all GO!?!""

She then listens to Cessie.

"Oh! That... would be even better. Hey, maybe I could work for you? Live-in employees and servants are pretty common where I come from."

"Hmm... I guess I would need to actually have solid, reliable skills first, huh? I... don't know if I can get a job. I had my school paid for, and I was hoping to use that to get an apprenticeship in... ah, caligraphy. You know, recordkeeping or bookkeeping or times recording... general secretarial work. There's actually a good job market for that where I come from."

A slight pause.

"I don't know what to do with myself. The entirety of my plans for the future just kind of..."

...from the look on her face, reality is dawning to her. No past, her plans for the future are all but gone, and she's left with a place to stay and the clothes on her back. And a backpack.

"...I don't even have any money..."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"What was the next try? And why the fascination with sentient bioweapons?"
    "The next try was nanite-based lifeforms," Kara says, shrugging. "And I guess they really wanted to make life in their image. There are those who say humans themselves were the third try, but there's no proof..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa frowns, looking confused.

"How is that supposed to work? I mean, it sounds pretty hard to make a species after you've hybrized it with something, and you said the Wraith had human in them, so.."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Kitchen]

Well, we were going to hire servants anyways. We'll just have to feed this one a bit more.

"Alright then. We have rooms for servants in a building in the courtyard. If you agree to work for us, that's where you'll stay. Your duties will include cleaning, organizing, cooking, and when our children are born, keeping them out of trouble, among other things that will come up as necessary. You're also to fulfill our requests; we won't ask anything dangerous of you or things that go against your conscience. Any task that requires the use of money will have the funds provided by us, such as heading into the city to buy food to refill the pantry with when it inevitably empties."

"You'll receive your own pay, of course, and you will eat the food we have here, both assuming you keep up with your work. As long as you are here with us, you will not have to worry about being out in the cold or starving; that is a guarantee. You'll also have access to the things we have here in the keep, such as the library or the smithy in the courtyard, if you're feeling inspired to craft something."

"I don't expect perfection of servants, but I do expect them to handle themselves well in the work area and put a good amount of effort into their jobs. These are the conditions I expect to be followed if you accept my offer and agree to work as a servant of the Mithar House."

The look on Harnel's face is all business, but Kirin should understand what he's saying here; I'm offering you a chance at work, trusting you on faith. This is a compassionate move on his part, as he knows she doesn't exactly have skills as a servant.

Harnel looks to Cessie. If she has anything to add, now is the time.
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-12-27 at 03:35 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217

[Mithar Keep - Kitchen]

The mage raises an eyebrow but doesn't seem to want to protest against her husbands offer.

She turns to the catgirl as Harnel is done speaking. "Could I perhaps speak with you privately Kirin? About this offer that is." She glances at Harnel. "We will just be a minute, okay dear?"

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Kitchen

"Yes! I would love to! I'll work hard, by thunder, I give you my word. I'll do my very best t- hmm?"

When Cessie speaks, Kirin gives her all her attention.

"Sure."

Kirin gets up, and will follow Cessie wherever she leads. She thinks that this is about paperwork. You need contracts and whatnot for this kind of thing.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Kitchen]

Harnel nods, not objecting, and continues to eat his meal quietly as the women move off.

10. - Top - End - #220

[Mithar Keep - Kitchen==>Main Room]

As they have moved outside the room, the mage turns to Kirin, "So are you sure you know what you're giving yourself into Kirin? I could try to arrange for some other kind of job for you if you want to. You seem to be meant to be more then a simple servant. I understand if it's just something you will do until you get something better, but you can live here for free a while if you so wish. If you get a better job you will have your own home in no time." She explains.

It should be pretty obvious she's pregnant at this this point which is something she seem to like to empathize by putting her hand on her swollen stomach. "There might be a lot of work in the future if you know what I meant? It's twins."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep-Main Room

Kirin listens.

"Well... yeah. I'll keep working on my education if I can, and that should set me up for secretary jobs. And if you get new servants, it lines me up for housekeeper." A housekeeper... that's basically in charge of the maids. "And I don't mind children. I've done a fair amount of babysitting in my time, and if nothing else it gives me job security. Especially if Harnel goes off on adventures."

A pause.

"Maybe I'll get dragged along if he does. I wouldn't be opposed to that."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hell - City of Demons
    Dave does notice these warnings, and realizes that they're very helpful and informative. He doesn't give the tired demons much notice, he understands the hardships of a 9 to 5 day.
    Dave then decides to go to the bar, walking inside like he owns the place, 'cause he's a celebrity of course.
    He'll go up to the bartender.
    "Hey, where can I find this Master person?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Sparrow's Fall, World of Eight Moons]

"Uh... Alcohol and crime are totally related!"

Spec nods! She hopes that Trium will buy this explanation of the abrupt topic change! It sounds much better than Spec admitting that she suspects Trium of trying to convince Spec to kill someone for her so that she (Trium) doesn't have any chance of being indicted for the murder.

Spec is still a little paranoid. People aren't randomly sucked into other dimensions for no good reason. Seven years have also elapsed since she last met a kind person other than Trium who wasn't trying to use her. That is the only reason why Trium is subject to her distrust. Spec's suspicion is simply a reflex. It is nothing of greater substance.

Trium laughs.

"You're still drunk, aren't you? I suppose its not that surprising, considering how much you had..."

I'm guessing the various spells that she used on Spec, especially the one that caused her to go unconscious from sensory overload, didn't exactly do too much to help counteract that.

14. - Top - End - #224

Mithar Keep-Main Room

The mage still looks slightly skeptical but slowly nods in a gesture of approval, "Very well, if you feel that way. But if you want to be hired as a servant there might be a few things you ought to know. First of all I'm a very private person and there are few times I can fully relax if you get my meaning. So it would be great if you try not to be around me and Harnel all the time. Give us some room so to speak."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Hell - City of Demons
    Dave does notice these warnings, and realizes that they're very helpful and informative. He doesn't give the tired demons much notice, he understands the hardships of a 9 to 5 day.
    Dave then decides to go to the bar, walking inside like he owns the place, 'cause he's a celebrity of course.
    He'll go up to the bartender.
    "Hey, where can I find this Master person?"
    [Hell - City of Demons]

The bar is exactly what you would expect out of a normal, two-floor, cement pub. It is dimly, spacious, and filled with smoke! It smells like burning incense in here.

The bartender is female! She has blond hair that trails down to her knees, sparkling green eyes, and an attractive, slender body.

Her voice is sweet and silky. It floats through the air gently, like the hymn of a lark.

"Hey there. First time a mortal has walked into here. What're you in for?"
    "You smell funny, by the way. You smell a tad like..."
    "Oh! So you're looking for Master, are you? Well, my olfactory senses indicate that you had come into physical contact with her not long ago. Are you her new pet or something?"

-------

Trium laughs.

"You're still drunk, aren't you? I suppose its not that surprising, considering how much you had..."

I'm guessing the various spells that she used on Spec, especially the one that caused her to go unconscious from sensory overload, didn't exactly do too much to help counteract that.

Spec blushes. Yeah. She must have gone wild on the booze last night. That's why she can't remember anything. That's why she feels so odd. It is the only logical explanation. She doesn't do drugs, so unless the bartender slipped something into her drink, she can rule that one out.

"I honestly don't know. But even if I am drunk, the point still stands. We should be superheroes with superpowers and we should wear pink and blue and green and every color that isn't yellow! The world needs people who..."

"No. We might make better supervillains! With these cool names and the black clothes and fear and stuff!"

Analyzing speech... Prognosis: Spec is definitely inebriated.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-12-27 at 07:53 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hell - City of Demons
    "Uh...I'm actually here because of one of her pets. And I need to see her now, things have gone...bad." Dave says, carefully phrasing his words.
    He seems rather unfazed by the bartender's attractiveness.
    "So do you know where to find her?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

Talnissa frowns, looking confused.

"How is that supposed to work? I mean, it sounds pretty hard to make a species after you've hybrized it with something, and you said the Wraith had human in them, so.."
    "I'm not the one who came up with the idea. And I probably could have explained it a little better." Kara blushes. "The Alterans were very near-human - we're genetically compatible with them, even - and the theory is that it was early humans who were 'harvested', as it were, to become the mammalian half of the Wraith, whereas later, the theory goes, we were 'upgraded' by the Alterans ourselves. Some theories are that the Neanderthal race, an early hominid and one of the last developments of the hominid genetic tree before Homo sapiens, would have become the dominant species on our planet had the Alterans not uplifted some of them."
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2011-12-27 at 08:41 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

Spec blushes. Yeah. She must have gone wild on the booze last night. That's why she can't remember anything. That's why she feels so odd. It is the only logical explanation. She doesn't do drugs, so unless the bartender slipped something into her drink, she can rule that one out.

"I honestly don't know. But even if I am drunk, the point still stands. We should be superheroes with superpowers and we should wear pink and blue and green and every color that isn't yellow! The world needs people who..."

"No. We might make better supervillains! With these cool names and the black clothes and fear and stuff!"

Analyzing speech... Prognosis: Spec is definitely inebriated.

Trium grins, and goes to pull Spec close.

"Yep, you're drunk. Though, like you said, it's a fair point anyway. Of course, you should probably see if you still feel that way sober.

And considering you're an assassin and I used to be co-ruler of half a galaxy, supervillains would definitely be a better option."

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Talnissa's]

"I'm not the one who came up with the idea. And I probably could have explained it a little better." Kara blushes. "The Alterans were very near-human - we're genetically compatible with them, even - and the theory is that it was early humans who were 'harvested', as it were, to become the mammalian half of the Wraith, whereas later, the theory goes, we were 'upgraded' by the Alterans ourselves. Some theories are that the Neanderthal race, an early hominid and one of the last developments of the hominid genetic tree before Homo sapiens, would have become the dominant species on our planet had the Alterans not uplifted some of them."

[Talnissa's]

"That sounds pretty improbable... I mean, what are the chances of parallel evolution going that far? Wouldn't it make more sense that humans were a colony that got cut off, and mutated over time?"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep-Main Room

Kirin nods. "Yeah, of course. I know a servant's place. Do what you're supposed to, don't interrupt people unless it's important, etc. etc. That's all basic etiquette."

She's very bit on etiquette.

20. - Top - End - #230

Mithar Keep-Main Room

"And you're comfortable with this position? I warn you, it will be a lot of work until we get more servants which might not be in a while. This place is huge. Think you can clean all of it?" She asks the catgirl.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep-Main Room

"Not all at once. I have a friend in a similar situation; she keeps the commonly used areas clean, and cleans the less commonly used things less often. Plus, I have a lot of energy as long as I'm fed. All I need is some forewarning that you're going to use a less-used part and I can clean it up ahead of time. Also, I'm betting that the two of you aren't used to having servants at all, so if I'm busy at the right time you won't leave it for me to do, but just do it yourself."

"If I'm busy at the wrong time. I misspoke."

22. - Top - End - #232

Mithar Keep-Main Room

"I'm actually rather used to servants, I grew up with them you see? Both Harnel and I are from noble families." Cessie explains. "But if you're confident in your ability I don't have any problems hiring you." And the details such as payment, contracts etc. can be dealt with off-screen. She's going to be paid generously however.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep-Main Room

"Well, I'll just have to work extra hard then."

And with that, Kirin will be gainfully employed as a servant. Not sure if it's a maid or what, the details aren't important. She has a job, lodging, and food. That's whats important. Especially the food.

Mithar Keep-Front Gate

About a day or two later, Kate Kyland will show up at the front gate. She will examine it, double check to make sure she has the address right, and then knock or ring or whatever.

This place is imposing...

24. - Top - End - #234

Mithar Keep-Front Gate

Avoiding self-RP'ing, I'm guessing Harnel is going to take this as I'm going to bed.

Mithar Keep - Later on

As they are sitting down eating dinner the mage suddenly raises her voice. "You know, we will need a wetnurse as well, or possibly buy goat milk for the children, there will be two of them after all and I doubt Kirin can do it." Cessie smiles slightly.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Hallowmere Lake

Stheno arrives again, bearing Edijar and Charity - the latter of whom insisted on them wearing helmets, which insulted Stheno. But some of Charity's long term patients are brain damaged soldiers. There's only so much magic or medicine can do for that.

Archer announces their arrival with happy barks, and Sunny's voice calls "Come in!" The house is decorated for Thanksmas, and Ave Maria is playing as they enter.

((Handwaving that the Magtok visit ended offscreen.))
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallowmere Lake

Edijar pats Stheno's head when he gets off and helps Charity to do the same. He can't help but smile at the decorations, feeling as if it really was a home for the two. He gives Charity a peck on the cheek after Sunny calls them in. "Ready?"

Inside, Carl finishes putting out the dishes of food on the table, quickly hovering around it before lighting the candles as he hums along to the music. He preferred Sinatra personally, but the opera was something Sunny enjoyed, and he could live with it. With a slight smile, he floats over to his wife and kisses her deeply, arms around her neck. "Ready?" He asks her after breaking off and looking into her eyes.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Hell - City of Demons
    "Uh...I'm actually here because of one of her pets. And I need to see her now, things have gone...bad." Dave says, carefully phrasing his words.
    He seems rather unfazed by the bartender's attractiveness.
    "So do you know where to find her?"
    [Hell - City of Demons]

"If you really need to get a hold of Master, step on outside and beat some poor sap with a stick or something. She'll find you. Nobody knows where she lives. They say it'd be an unnecessary security risk."

"She sees everything, supposedly. One way or another, if you challenge her, you'll meet her, but trust me, buddy, you don't ever want to meet Master."

The bartender raises her index finger to her chin and strokes it thoughtfully. She is clearly pondering something or other.

"You smell like Master, but you don't know where she is. She hasn't chosen to protect you, has she?"

An innocent enough question. An innocent question with terrible consequences if Dave answers it incorrectly.

-------

Trium grins, and goes to pull Spec close.

"Yep, you're drunk. Though, like you said, it's a fair point anyway. Of course, you should probably see if you still feel that way sober.

And considering you're an assassin and I used to be co-ruler of half a galaxy, supervillains would definitely be a better option."

Spec won't object to being pulled closer to Trium. It makes her feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Best of all, it makes her feel wanted, and it has been ages since she felt wanted! It is so nice! How Spec missed this feeling! If Spec were a kitten, she'd be purring incessantly by now.

"I could call myself The Damsel of Distress! You could call yourself...um..."

"You could call yourself Miss Marvelous! We'd be awesome! We could have our own television show and then the movie deals would come! We'd be famous! More famous than I already am!"

Spec is astoundingly popular among the wealthy crowd where she comes from! People who had enough cash to wager some of it on the gladiatorial games know her well! She's a fan favorite! Well, she was a fan favorite...
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-12-28 at 12:11 AM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mithar Keep - Front Gate]

Kate will hear the sounds of metal being worked in Harnel's forge, just inside the courtyard. She should knock loud if she wants to be heard. Way louder.

[Mithar Keep - Bedroom, Later On]

Harnel frowns, looking at Cessie funny, "... A wetnurse? isn't that a bit... impersonal?"

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

[Talnissa's]

"That sounds pretty improbable... I mean, what are the chances of parallel evolution going that far? Wouldn't it make more sense that humans were a colony that got cut off, and mutated over time?"
    "Extremely improbable. But all the evidence points to the uplifting theory. Of course, it's entirely possible that earlier in time the Alterans' genetic experiments led to the rise of the beings that culminated in the Neanderthals, in the first place."

Yeah, they were kinda big on genetic engineering. And see how far it got them.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mithar Keep - Front Gate

Kate listens. She then knocks louder. Not loud enough.

Hmm...

Kate then knocks in a rhythm opposite the hammer. This may result Harnel in noticing Kate, or it may result in Kate being noticed less. No way to tell unless Harnel notices.

Barring that, Kate will just knock a lot when the steady beat stops. It has to stop while he stokes the fire or some such...